Type keyword(s) to search

Kandi Burruss: Atlanta's Own Willy Wonka

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Bb78 said:

She shouldn't ask for payment Kandu should just give it. Joycevhas to buy the kid food and take her out. It allbadds up. Why should Joyce have to fit the bill when Kandi is rolling in it?

That's the role of a parent. Kids don't just will themselves into this world. As an outsider, I'm not going to congratulate a parent for making decisions that brought a child into this world and then provide them with at least the basic necessities of food and shelter. Kandi is taking care of her mother because she has the income to support that - my point was never that she shouldn't. My point is that parents don't often use their struggles as a parent as a way for financial compensation from their kid. Even without Joyce reminding Kandi all of the time about what she did for Kandi (as if it wasn't her job to do it), Kandi would still provide for her mother because Kandi has an honest appreciation and fondness for her mother because of everything they've been through. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Riley seems generally disinterested in most things.

I disagree.  I don't think Riley is disinterested in most things, just disinterested in the cameras.  Unlike many of the other housewife kids, she's just not "on" when the cameras are around, and frankly I find it refreshing.  The same goes for Gabriela on RHNJ

• Love 4

I don't understand why she stays on this show. She doesn't need the money. She's exposing her daughter Riley to ridicule with that whole Block situation, and you can't tell me Kandi didn't know it was coming down. They ALL know what's on the day's shooting schedule and who will be involved.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I don't understand why she stays on this show. She doesn't need the money. She's exposing her daughter Riley to ridicule with that whole Block situation, and you can't tell me Kandi didn't know it was coming down. They ALL know what's on the day's shooting schedule and who will be involved.

I actually like that Kandi has money.  I enjoy the RHOBH because they all have money and show it well.  Franchises where so much if not all of their livelihood depends on the show leads to desperation.  I have often thought the same thing about wealthy people and their endeavors, like opening restaurants and having to be present when they don't need the aggravation.  (I may not speaking of Kandi's restaurant.)

I think Kandi was caught off guard by Block's girlfriend showing up.  I am becoming more and more curious what other stunts production has pulled to further these storylines.

• Love 4

I think Kandi was caught off guard by Block's girlfriend showing up.  I am becoming more and more curious what other stunts production has pulled to further these storylines.

With a gated business and people in place to screen guests to the Kandi Factory this woman had to have had an appointment and the KF had to know she was coming for her to get though a locked gate, through the entire building and then to the inner studio to "just show up out of nowhere"  This is not a storefront on the street, this is a gated complex.  Kandi and her crew knew the girlfriend was coming

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

With a gated business and people in place to screen guests to the Kandi Factory this woman had to have had an appointment and the KF had to know she was coming for her to get though a locked gate, through the entire building and then to the inner studio to "just show up out of nowhere"  This is not a storefront on the street, this is a gated complex.  Kandi and her crew knew the girlfriend was coming

Kandi claims they were filming that day and thought the girlfriend was part of production.  Kandi's account not mine.

• Love 1

How could she not the gf would have to be buzzed in and have security clearance and get mic'd up?

I wonder how the Escape reunion will factor into up coming season? This being Kandi I'm sure she'll find a way to promote that on the show. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Kandi claims they were filming that day and thought the girlfriend was part of production.  Kandi's account not mine.

She thought his GF was a part of Production? Really? She knew who she was as soon as she saw her, Kandi is playing games here.

• Love 2

It's just as conceivable to me that because Kandi Factory staff regularly opens that gate for Bravo production staff, or they have the means to open it themselves, all Bravo had to do to surprise her is have Kris ride in the van with the crew, get mic'd up behind the scenes, then walk into the Factory.   Ya'll? In the last year, 5 people have made it onto the grounds of the White House undetected lol, so sneaking a woman into a curbside studio doesn't seem that hard to do.   Acknowledging that I have to deal with my baby's father and knowing how/when that will happen are two different things.   It might not be hard for me to believe if there was some benefit to Kandi for Block and his people to be on the show.  Riley doesn't need for him to appear to be relevant, he's been a deadbeat her whole life, we've known that since we saw her first appearance at 7.   From Kandi's perspective, there's not only no advantage to him being on the show, but she's been trying to get him to be present for Riley forever, so there's also no reason to hide it once he is.   This also wouldn't be the first time Bravo ambushed a HW with their own tribe for the ratings (see Teresa Guidice)

I won't be buying it anytime soon but I kind of hope Kandi does turn that hot mess into a hit for Riley.  If I were her, my inner dialogue would be:  I made can't carry a tune in a hefty bag Kim Zolciak famous and a little richer with a garbage ass song, I'm pretty sure I can do it for my own kid.   Whaaaat? and have my baby legally fund her own college tuition?  in a heartbeat.

• Love 10

Kandi's story idea: Let's have Block come back into my daughter's life, show what a deadbeat he was, how I raised her right. Then, she gets to sing this song, become the next Beyonce, rising from the ashes of her deadbeat dad...

• Love 1

ASCAP has put Kandi and her cowriters on Ed Sheeran's "Shape of You" as writers, since they deemed it was a weeee bit too much like Scrubs.

So ka-ching! for Kandi without having to lift a finger!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

Might be why she's Phaedra's target this season.

Could be.  Kandi is married, and has gobs of money.  Phaedra wants a happy marriage with a husband who adores her, but is relegated to showing her ass to men who don't want to see it.

• Love 2

I don't really hear the similarities with "Shape of You" and "No Scrubs" and it's just one line, in particular.  That line is rhythmically similar but not melodically. 

But whatever, good for Kandi. Nene was such a dumdum when she tried to downplay Kandi's wealth. I remember one reunion when Kim said Kandi is probably the richest one. And Nene got all defensive "well how do we know that?" It's like girl, come on. You must not know how songwriting royalties work, do you?  Kandi will be getting paid the rest of her life. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, AndySmith said:

And I loved it when Kandi threw out how if she had to, she could buy a house/take care of everyone in the cast. I think it was the season 4 reunion, and it was an awesome moment.

Lol!  You?  ::FDRvoice::  a day....that will live....in infamy...me me me

Girl you diplomatic as hell.   Fast forward to the 1:28 mark

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-4/videos/the-gloves-are-definitely-off

Straight From the Tea also reminds me that one of my other most favorite reunion moments was uttered by Kandi in reference to something Marlo said, she responded:  whatever, ho.   Sue me, I laughed.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, AndySmith said:

And I loved it when Kandi threw out how if she had to, she could buy a house/take care of everyone in the cast. I think it was the season 4 reunion, and it was an awesome moment.

Especially the way she said it (at least in my memory) - "FIRST of all..."  

There was also the time at a reunion that somebody (Kim Z? edit - I think it was NeNe based on where they were sitting on the sofa) said something about being the most successful person on the show and how everybody's jealous, and Kandi's eyebrows hit the ceiling of whatever gigantic set they were on. I believe Kim/NeNe walked it back tout de suite. 

Edited by kassa
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, AndySmith said:

1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lol!  You?  ::FDRvoice::  a day....that will live....in infamy...me me me

Girl you diplomatic as hell.   Fast forward to the 1:28 mark

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-4/videos/the-gloves-are-definitely-off

1 hour ago, kassa said:

Especially the way she said it (at least in my memory) - "FIRST of all..."  

"If I wanted to take care of ALLLLLL y'all motherfuckers, I COULD."

Straight From the Tea also reminds me that one of my other most favorite reunion moments was uttered by Kandi in reference to something Marlo said, she responded:  whatever, ho.   Sue me, I laughed.

Lol!  I adore Reunion Kandi!! Quavering voice and all!

• Love 8

I wonder if it's gonna be awkward if Kim comes back. When Kim left, Kandi was serving her or suing her or something. She wanted TFTP to be taken off iTunes. TFTP is still up on my Spotify; I'm assuming it's still on other services as well. I guess Kandi was unsuccessful in getting it taken down. 

Tararayne,  I don't think it would be awkward for Kandi re Kim and TFTP, I think she has moved on from that battle and is a different place in her life.  In my opinion the battle with Kim was less to do with money in the situation (although Kandi is all about that $$$$) I think she was genuinely hurt by Kim because she felt they were becoming real friends not just show friends.  Kandi may have given Kim a pass on "not knowing" she should share the royalties initially but once she was made aware of how things work in the music biz her reluctance and steadfastness in not paying was the wedge that separated them.   

If anything I see thirsty Kim being the one to drag up old issues to get a spicy story line. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

If anything I see thirsty Kim being the one to drag up old issues to get a spicy story line.

Oh yeah, she'll drag up old shit for sure. Kim owes Kandi, bigtime. Not money..... but for making her voice sound decent. Kim can't carry a note to save her life.

• Love 3

Yeah we thought Kandi had let it go, but remember on Kim's last reunion, it was just a couple of years ago, Kandi had filed something for TFTP to be taken down. She said at that point, she was going to let it go with regards to all the money Kim owed her, but she wasn't going to allow Kim to continue to profit off of her work. So I wonder what came of that. 

I should clarify, what I meant by Kandi being over it is that she is beyond the emotional drama. I see  the legal part of it as something she has to continue because of principle.  As a songwriter you can't be seen as one someone can take advantage of and have to show that you are willing to fight for your due. 

• Love 1

A little tardy to the party, but I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that on certain days, Bravo/Production staff will have open access to the Kandi Factory and it wouldn't be that hard for them to slide forgettable Jamaican girlfriend onto the property. As far as Kandi trying to "set" Block up to be shown as deadbeat, hell, that's been shown straight out of Riley's mouth for almost a decade. There was no incentive to make that a storyline, especially for someone who is creative enough to invent her own--new baby, businesses (play/restaurant/sex toys/music), not to mention that she had enough leeway to create MULTIPLE spinoff series. The "exploit Riley/Block" theory is tired as hell. 

I do agree that Kandi won't really have any beef with Kim, if anything, it will be Chili's Cancer Cretin who dredges up old shit to keep a paycheck since her huzzbin is unemployed and there is not much more of a market for spoiled, do nothing, faux money kids (goodbye, Manzos). I wouldn't be surprised to see Kim's show not get renewed again. 

As far as Kandi being credited by Ed Sheeran, he did it willingly, after the fact, rather than face a lawsuit that he surely would've lost and that would've tarnished his songwriting reputation. That intro line was a direct copy of "Scrubs" and he should've given Kandi and Tiny credit from the start. People have lost bigger lawsuits on much shakier musical grounds. Why hate on her getting paid for him copying something she wrote? (I say this as a person who DESPISES the term "hating" and its derivatives.)

• Love 9

I think Kandi knew that Block's gf would pop in - she is no fool. Todd used to be part of production so probably pals with them and inspite of her Gadzooks inflatable furniture choices at the HQ she seems on the ball when it comes to being a control freak and perfectionist - remember how she scoffed at Phaedra'a security when a random was getting into her offices? With a demo cd. Imagine that with Kandi one of the top songwriters/hitmakers in ATL? Hell Don Juan is all up in everyone's business to an aggressive and super annoying fault- he had to be on the know. She also is the highest paid HW on ATL and a legit star outside this network so nobody at Bravo trying to fuck with her.  Just my completely unproven goofy opinions.

I think Block is a complete piece of shit. And he and his gf thought this trying to reconcile with Riley finally this year would cast him in a better light since they made an attempt, but as Riley monotoned awkwardly ... better late than never (?). Kandi has many faults but being a good mom isn't one of them. I feel the same about Phaedra. I legit cried multiple times this season when they spoke to their kids. It was so sincere. It's hard being a mom the only time I really related to them was when they played off not being mad or upset talking to them and choked back the pain in their voices when they spoke. 

• Love 4
On 3/23/2017 at 9:29 AM, NYCNJbear06 said:

Tararayne,  I don't think it would be awkward for Kandi re Kim and TFTP, I think she has moved on from that battle and is a different place in her life.  In my opinion the battle with Kim was less to do with money in the situation (although Kandi is all about that $$$$) I think she was genuinely hurt by Kim because she felt they were becoming real friends not just show friends.  Kandi may have given Kim a pass on "not knowing" she should share the royalties initially but once she was made aware of how things work in the music biz her reluctance and steadfastness in not paying was the wedge that separated them.   

ITA with this being the reason why it'll be weird if it is weird.   Kandi doesn't do fake relationships.   I read the article but I'm not sure that money was as important to Kandi as the dismissal of Kim refusing to acknowledge that TFTP wouldn'tve been possible without Kandi.   I'm struggling to recall a scene where they're touring (on a bus?) and somebody mentions how big TFTP has gotten and somebody else says yup thanks to Kandi.  Now had Kim not said a word right then?  I do believe Kandi'd been done dusted it off and gone about her business.   But Kim said something and it wasn't even slick mouth it was real matter of fact like - help me somebody - something like:  thanks to me, I mean I came up with it.   That's what I think really made Kandi sit up because she was on stage with her promoting that silly mess and still hadn't said n'air word about the money.   Now arguably Kim "wrote" the lyrics - and by wrote, I mean she and Nene bullshitted in the living room until they rhymed out a verse.  But trying to take all the credit for some garbage that wouldn'tve been possible without Kandi indulging her was a mistake.    Kandi's business acumen about it is a separate and non emotional component.    She really should've learned from her girl band days that friendship aside, get it on paper.    Call me naive I still don't think it's about the money per se, Kandi doesn't need the cash, but about teaching lessons, she just don't want Kim to have the benefit of it.

On 3/26/2017 at 6:26 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Looks like Mona Scott will be involved in some way with the Xscape reunion.  Which means it will probably be messy as hell.

Inner grudgeholder don't really like that she forgave Meeka nem.  However, I'm here all day for an Xscape reunion.   Churchy gratitude is sweet but this clip is for the deaconess board, WE wanna see a piece of some "Who Can I Run To" lol.

• Love 5

Now arguably Kim "wrote" the lyrics - and by wrote, I mean she and Nene bullshitted in the living room until they rhymed out a verse. 

They didn't even write it!  It was that old dude; I believe he was one of Kim's daughter's music instructors or something.  Kandi then re-wrote so it wasn't as cheesy as the original.

• Love 8
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Apparently, Kandi is counter-suing Johnny for defamation.

I hope she cleans his clock; at least the little coin Bravo gave this fool! Johnny and Phaedra couldn't look any more ridiculous trying to sue someone who's life is ON Blast for all to see! ;-)

• Love 5

Gawd, after listening to Porsha b!tch and moan all night, "Bravo, please release this ignorant and silly arse woman! She's just too loud, juvenile and stupid for words!" Andy on "WWHL" reassured us Omarosa won't be coming to the show! ;-(

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Added a line!
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

You know Porsha would be dumb enough to leave a bad review using the name Frack.

OR she will be smart enough to just ignore the place because she has so many businesses of her own to tend to.

• Love 1