Type keyword(s) to search

Kandi Burruss: Atlanta's Own Willy Wonka

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Don't Kandi/Todd realize that they have the ultimate responsibility to make sure their sub contractors are paid by the person they hired to oversee the construction? They need to pay the guy then go after the architect that Todd hired to recoup the money. Bottom line, they are the ones benefitting from his/his employees work. 

No they don't. That's not how the law works in matters like this. The sub can sue them and the general contractor/architect, but Kandi and Todd can go to court and argue that the sub is estopped from making a claim against them. If Kandi and Todd can demonstrate that they paid the general contractor/architect, then the sub cannot assert a claim against them and Kandi and Todd can be dismissed from the lawsuit. Regardless of them benefiting from the sub's work, the person at fault is the one in the middle, the general contractor. If the reverse had happened and Todd and Kandi gave a bunch of money to the general contractor, he failed to pay the sub and the sub did no work, Kandi and Todd don't get to sue the sub for nonperformance. The general contractor is the problem and he's who should be sued.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

No they don't. That's not how the law works in matters like this. The sub can sue them and the general contractor/architect, but Kandi and Todd can go to court and argue that the sub is estopped from making a claim against them. If Kandi and Todd can demonstrate that they paid the general contractor/architect, then the sub cannot assert a claim against them and Kandi and Todd can be dismissed from the lawsuit. Regardless of them benefiting from the sub's work, the person at fault is the one in the middle, the general contractor. If the reverse had happened and Todd and Kandi gave a bunch of money to the general contractor, he failed to pay the sub and the sub did no work, Kandi and Todd don't get to sue the sub for nonperformance. The general contractor is the problem and he's who should be sued.

Oh, Ok. I know subs that have sued homeowners when the main contractor was the one to hire them and they were paid by the homeowner buy didn't pay the subs. Maybe it varies state to state or the subs I know lucked out in that the HO paid them then went after the main contractor. If I were Kandi/Todd, I would be going after the architect to clear my name then. 

• Love 1

Did anybody watch "Xscape Still Kicking It"? I thought the bickering would annoy me to death, but I stayed for the music. They took me back...

On 6/26/2017 at 8:19 AM, WireWrap said:

Ah! Those were my jams! Thank you! I missed the BET awards.

So, they're going on tour with Monica & Tamar Braxton & Nene. Sounds like a good ticket!

Just caught the Xscape appearence on "Watch What Happens Live." Yikes! The tension! Buy your tickets quick, ya'll--- I dunno how long this tour's going to last....

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Just caught the Xscape appearence on "Watch What Happens Live." Yikes! The tension! Buy your tickets quick, ya'll--- I dunno how long this tour's going to last....

What is going on with them?  I noticed that Kandi is the odd man out..

• Love 1
On 11/13/2017 at 10:59 AM, Apprentice79 said:

What is going on with them?  I noticed that Kandi is the odd man out..

I dunno, chile. They've got a LOT of baggage for sure. Maybe part of the problem is that Kandi & Tiny are the richest & most famous, meanwhile the sisters are the most talented vocally.

Oh! & Tiny's butt implants tho ???.... Lawdhavemercy!!!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 2
Just now, NowVoyager said:

I dunno, chile. They've got a LOT of baggage for sure. Maybe part of the problem is that Kandi & Tiny are the richest & most famous, meanwhile the sisters are the most talented vocally.

Every group has that dynamic though. Diana Ross was not the best vocalist in the supremes, but, she is the one, most people remember. I feel that something went down with the 4.. Plus. Kandi fell out with the sisters years ago...I was surprised that the group reunited for a tour.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

The group reunited because the sisters need money, Tiny needs something other than TI and plastic surgery to do, and Kandi's too damn nice and always wants to help people out.

Best explanation ever, just add "and Kandi ain't gonna ever pass up a dollar!"

• Love 10
On 11/5/2017 at 11:15 PM, WireWrap said:

Oh, Ok. I know subs that have sued homeowners when the main contractor was the one to hire them and they were paid by the homeowner buy didn't pay the subs. Maybe it varies state to state or the subs I know lucked out in that the HO paid them then went after the main contractor. If I were Kandi/Todd, I would be going after the architect to clear my name then. 

It must vary by state. That's why they often require the subs to sign an affidavit that they have been paid.  

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Who dresses these women?

BD3B383B-F9A2-4154-8073-FB88493CBE82.jpeg

They dress themselves.  And the problem is they think these outfits look great.  More power to them, though, for having the confidence to wear these and think they're pulling them off.  

• Love 6

Kandi and her band mates are cancelled. After they rightfully kicked Nene out for making a rape joke, and after Kandi rightfully made a big deal about rape allegations against her, she and her group bring out R Kelly, an ACTUAL rapist, at their concert. Pathetic.

• Love 2
On 1/8/2018 at 1:11 PM, ridethemaverick said:

Kandi and her band mates are cancelled. After they rightfully kicked Nene out for making a rape joke, and after Kandi rightfully made a big deal about rape allegations against her, she and her group bring out R Kelly, an ACTUAL rapist, at their concert. Pathetic.

:Groans: I'm not surprised, though. You got people out here that were rightfully disgusted by Roy Moore, yet, they support R. Kelly.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Kandi is steady making money!

I'm surprised it's taken Bravo this long to get into sex advice. With things like Queer Eye, Millionaire Matchmaker, Eat Drink Love, Love Broker, and Miss Advised, they've been dancing around sex and dating for a long time. I'm a little shocked that it took this long to get to straight up sex.

• Love 1
On 6/14/2018 at 9:39 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Kandi is steady making money!

It also airs on the E! Channel. Go, Kandi! I am not mad!

I watched the first episode. Meh. I would rather have watched a re-airing of RHoP, since my On Demand has been acting shady.

• Love 2

She must be doing something right in the food industry as well.

Do you have experience in the restaurant/service industry? @oldladygang is hiring. We have a new location opening up & we need Great people with experience. We’re looking to fill all positions. Stop by 3360 Shelby Lane with resume between 2-6pm today!

I am going to make a point to stop in for a bite next time I am in Atlanta.

• Love 1
On 9/7/2018 at 8:37 AM, luckyroll3 said:

And again, Kandi using something from the show and making it a business opportunity.  If only I had a 10th of her hustle.  The rest of them really need to step their games up:

How Andy continues to treat Kandi and the other non-Wig cast of RHoA has completely soured me on Andy, Housewives, and Bravo. Andy was busy playing Captain Save-A-Ho to Bethenny on RHoNY even though she's basically been unrepentantly nasty and alienated every cast member she's ever filmed with. But Phaedra can straight up slander Kandi and accuse her of crimes and we get his confused labrador "What do you mean?" And then weeks later he gives interviews talking about how he didn't like how the women of Atlanta ganged up on Wig even after HE said on camera she brought nothing to the table. In what universe do you denigrate the stars of your highest rated show in favor of a woman whose show is in a ratings freefall?

He continues to pander to the New York wives like they actually bring in viewers. RHoNY wishes they had Vanderpump Rules' viewers and cultural impact. They don't even try to fuq wit Atlanta. The only woman dumb enough to think she's on the same level as Atlanta is the same arrogant asshole who thinks she knows every damn thing--Bethenny Frankel.

Andy let's Bethenny act like she's this big mogul because she "invented" a diet cocktail and sold it for $100 million that she has had to share with her business partner and its paid out over 10 years, but only if they reach certain sales numbers. Meanwhile George Clooney and Cindy Crawford's husband put their names on a drink that Mexicans have been making for 400 years and they get half a billion dollars. If you want to know who the liquor industry values more, it ain't Bethenny. 

Meanwhile Kandi has been grinding for decades. She's always got new business ideas and projects in the works and they get a 10th of the airtime devoted to Skinnygirl cold cuts, jeans, blenders, and cough drops.

I'm sort of left to conclude that Andy is a bigot and him not admonishing Michael Rappaport for comparing Kenya to an ape is the last piece of the puzzle for me.

All of this is to say, "Good for Kandi. I admire the way that you're able to reinterpret something negative and turn it into something positive and fun. You do you girl even if Andy and Bravo act like they don't know you in the off season."

A RHoA fan never forgets. For the night is long and full of terrors (mostly bad plastic surgery).

• Love 8
On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:43 AM, HunterHunted said:

How Andy continues to treat Kandi and the other non-Wig cast of RHoA has completely soured me on Andy, Housewives, and Bravo. Andy was busy playing Captain Save-A-Ho to Bethenny on RHoNY even though she's basically been unrepentantly nasty and alienated every cast member she's ever filmed with. But Phaedra can straight up slander Kandi and accuse her of crimes and we get his confused labrador "What do you mean?" And then weeks later he gives interviews talking about how he didn't like how the women of Atlanta ganged up on Wig even after HE said on camera she brought nothing to the table. In what universe do you denigrate the stars of your highest rated show in favor of a woman whose show is in a ratings freefall?

He continues to pander to the New York wives like they actually bring in viewers. RHoNY wishes they had Vanderpump Rules' viewers and cultural impact. They don't even try to fuq wit Atlanta. The only woman dumb enough to think she's on the same level as Atlanta is the same arrogant asshole who thinks she knows every damn thing--Bethenny Frankel.

Andy let's Bethenny act like she's this big mogul because she "invented" a diet cocktail and sold it for $100 million that she has had to share with her business partner and its paid out over 10 years, but only if they reach certain sales numbers. Meanwhile George Clooney and Cindy Crawford's husband put their names on a drink that Mexicans have been making for 400 years and they get half a billion dollars. If you want to know who the liquor industry values more, it ain't Bethenny. 

Meanwhile Kandi has been grinding for decades. She's always got new business ideas and projects in the works and they get a 10th of the airtime devoted to Skinnygirl cold cuts, jeans, blenders, and cough drops.

I'm sort of left to conclude that Andy is a bigot and him not admonishing Michael Rappaport for comparing Kenya to an ape is the last piece of the puzzle for me.

All of this is to say, "Good for Kandi. I admire the way that you're able to reinterpret something negative and turn it into something positive and fun. You do you girl even if Andy and Bravo act like they don't know you in the off season."

A RHoA fan never forgets. For the night is long and full of terrors (mostly bad plastic surgery).

I have always felt that Andy harbors racist views towards Black people. Just because he is Gay does not mean he cannot have those types about views. Racism exists in the LGBT community as well.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Anyone watch Kandi last nite on repeat of "Xscape" mini-series? Never listened to them much, but it's amazing with all the info out there, some of these women are still in complete denial. Why Kandi even accepted a phone call from these women who she feels mistreated her only made me think it was for this project initially because I know I would never speak again to a person that dissed me like that on Nat'l media. We would be done! No amount of "I'm sorry's" or "Please forgive me's" would be enough. I guess that makes me small. They went about their business for well over 10 years with no contact or apologies, but out of the blue "these needy b!tches" who started all the BS want to make amends? Sounds as if the sisters wanted back in even if they had to deal with their old girl Kandi. I wonder how they really feel about one another even though performing together these days? 

On 9/11/2018 at 2:43 AM, HunterHunted said:

On 9/17/2018 at 12:18 PM, Apprentice79 said:

I have always felt that Andy harbors racist views towards Black people. Just because he is Gay does not mean he cannot have those types about views. Racism exists in the LGBT community as well.  

Andy has always hated secure strong women who are talented. He loves vicious harpies that embody all the worst stereotypes about feminity...those are his favorites. Kandi does not need him and she is naturally a good person. These are two things he can not stand.

• Love 9

What are you talking about?  She got not one, but THREE BRAVO SPIN-OFFS!!  Her wedding, Kandi Factory and Kandi's Ski Trip!  

She may be a great businesswoman but she's sort of ... boring on TV.  

• Love 10
On 11/4/2018 at 9:00 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

What are you talking about?  She got not one, but THREE BRAVO SPIN-OFFS!!  Her wedding, Kandi Factory and Kandi's Ski Trip!  

She may be a great businesswoman but she's sort of ... boring on TV.  

Amen to that! For someone with such a rich and exciting life, she is boring as all get out.

• Love 5
On 23/01/2017 at 4:30 PM, RHJunkie said:

I think that Joyce feels that the support she gets from Kandi now is what is owed to her for being a single mother and maybe she felt she made sacrifices so that Kandi could pursue and achieve her dreams. I know people say that you can't ever really repay your parents for what they've done for you in life but it's not often you see a parent who seems to expect 'repayment' from their child. Maybe there's more to their relationship but from what you can see on TV, the characterizations of Joyce seem fair.

I agree to a certain extent Khandi feels she needs to give back. Hoever, Mama Joyce has taken it to another level. Khandi called her out for taking a credit card out in her name without telling her. Also Mama Joyce has been spunking Khandi's money on the home shopping channel and gambling.  Source Interview with Any Cohen On Bravo.

Mama Joyce is taking the P***.

• Love 6

Khandi has got her finger in many pies.  

Willy wonker, the resturant, music I could go on.

Todd should step and do more financially to support his family. Thats would solve half the problems with Mama Joyce. Todd's mother in-law feels shes protecting Khandi's funds from Todd but she isn't really because she took out a credit card in Khandi's name and been gambling .  KMT

• Love 2
On 11/25/2018 at 4:36 AM, Bb78 said:

Khandi has got her finger in many pies.  

Willy wonker, the resturant, music I could go on.

Todd should step and do more financially to support his family. Thats would solve half the problems with Mama Joyce. Todd's mother in-law feels shes protecting Khandi's funds from Todd but she isn't really because she took out a credit card in Khandi's name and been gambling .  KMT

Todd is not an entertainer or writer so no one can expect him to match Kandi's financial contribution to the marriage. I assume he's working full time in some aspect of Kandi's empire. Hopefully he enjoys what he's doing and utilizes his actual talents.

I've heard Kandi throw around the Daddy daycare phrase somewhat dismissively. Todd was a working man when he met Kandi. However much he loves his kids, it doesn't mean he was ready to take on the day to day care of a infant/toddler. This isn't a Mr. Mom scenario since there's no undue financial burden on Kandi regardless of her childcare provider. Kandi has boundary issues with her employees, so she needs to tread carefully in her attempts to make her husband her employee in multiple areas.  

• Love 6
On 11/25/2018 at 9:50 AM, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

Nope ratings are wayyyy down as of nov 2018

They are down, but Atlanta's ratings are still higher than any other franchise. Atlanta's ratings are double Dallas', almost double New Jersey, and between 15% - 20% higher than Orange County and New York.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

HA! Mean-mugging Godzilla is going to be on the Battle of the Has-beens. Without her husband, her mama, or her staff. She’s going to be boring as hell so hopefully she’s an early boot.

I’m hoping she will pull a Kim Z soon and get her own long-term show so I don’t have to watch her on RHOA anymore.

• Love 3

Rumor has it she will be fired from RHOA since it tapes while Celebrity Big Brother tapes. I can’t see them shit canning her. They may do a hiatus until she returns. This cast seems a little creepy I’m not sure I’d want to be locked in a house with them and no contact with the outside world for months 😖

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Rumor has it she will be fired from RHOA since it tapes while Celebrity Big Brother tapes. I can’t see them shit canning her. They may do a hiatus until she returns. This cast seems a little creepy I’m not sure I’d want to be locked in a house with them and no contact with the outside world for months 😖

Are the already filming? Celebrity BB starts next week and ends the second week of February unlike the regular BB, Celebrity only films for three weeks so it’s not months.

i thought they usually shot Atlanta in the Summer/fall? That’s when this season happened.

How many episodes are this season because they haven’t even gotten to the trip yet so I don’t even know if she will miss filming the reunion.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Rumor has it she will be fired from RHOA since it tapes while Celebrity Big Brother tapes.

Nah, that's bullshit. Kandi wouldn't have been able to go on Big Brother wthout asking for permission from Bravo since she's under contract with them. 

• Love 4
On 1/14/2019 at 3:30 PM, UniqBlue69 said:

Nah, that's bullshit. Kandi wouldn't have been able to go on Big Brother wthout asking for permission from Bravo since she's under contract with them. 

They've all had to get releases when they've been on other shows most notably Dancing with the Stars.

• Love 1