Type keyword(s) to search

Kandi Burruss: Atlanta's Own Willy Wonka

• Start Topic

Not only would Bravo have approved of Kandi going on Big Brother, but the reunion wouldn’t film anytime soon either. We’re only at episode 13 this week and by the time CBB is over we’ll probably only be at 15-16. I don’t know how those rumors started when everybody does side projects from Apprentice to Dancing with the Stars. 

• Love 3

I don't know what's underlying Andy's weird animosity towards Kandi. He's been coming for her for quite awhile. I hope someone clues him in that no one likes him or his obnoxious show. The ratings are often garbage even with great guests. He's been coming off like a straight up misogynist and bigot for quite some time.

I read somewhere that Bravo ok'd Kandi's participation on Celebrity Big Brother because True Entertainment and the executive producers were supposed to verify that CBB wasn't going to be airing against Real Housewives of Atlanta or another Bravo show that had similar demographics. True Entertainment and the Exec. Producers said that CBB wouldn't be competition and that turned out not to be true. I'm sure Bravo laid the smackdown on True Entertainment and Andy if true. Rather than be an adult or professional, Andy resorted to calling Kandi names on national tv.

27 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't know what's underlying Andy's weird animosity towards Kandi. He's been coming for her for quite awhile.

She has more money than he’ll ever dream of making at Bravo.

I was channel flipping and saw Kandi on BB, she’s like wallpaper compared to the rest of the characters. I guess she’s waiting to grit her teeth and go gangster on someone.

• Love 2

That makes me sick. Didn’t Toya on Married to Medicine do the same thing for Eugene? I can’t fathom begging strangers to send me money.

Instead if the RHO franchise losing Bethenny, I wish Kandi had been the one to quit.

• Love 1

The more I think about that bday money donation thing the more it annoys me. Her mom is a multi millionaire and Riley is just being a greedy little jerk asking for money. Such a bad look.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 4

Apparently Kandi is perfectly okay with it.  She sent it out from her account too.

I'm dumbfounded. I really am.  My parents were lower middle class.  When I turned 16, I got a job at Wendy's. When I was 17, because I had savings, a job and good grades, my parents matched funds for a car.

Kandi is a multi millionaire.  She cosigned off her kid asking the rest of us to send her money.

CLOSE YOUR WALLET TO GREEDY MILLIONAIRES.

Cause she could buy Riley a used car.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, dosodog said:

Cause she could buy Riley a used car 

What happened to the Porsche SUV that Kandi got Riley for her 16th birthday?

Also yes Kandi's money is hers and her daughter isn't entitled to it but I'm sure that Riley is getting some sort of income from being on the show and posting her cash app info is just tacky because of the fact that her mother is successful musician. 

But I see folks posting their cash app info all the time on Instagram so 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Love 1

Next thing you know, Riley will be calling herself a “internet influencer.” 

Makes me wonder how many shady deals Kandi might have made during her career.

Is there a way to respond to Riley’s request for money? I am not familiar with the site. Maybe tell her to sell that Porsche if she needs money.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Not sure I see the connection.

If she thinks it’s cool that her daughter is asking the public for money, when she has everything a 16 yr old could want .... would Kandi put on a show of needing money in a deal when she really didn’t? Just to get more money from people? I keep thinking of demands from her mother and how she’d do anything for her, Kandi’s disdain at times for Todd’s mother, deals made to get the Old Lady Gang happen.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

If she thinks it’s cool that her daughter is asking the public for money, when she has everything a 16 yr old could want .... would Kandi put on a show of needing money in a deal when she really didn’t? Just to get more money from people? I keep thinking of demands from her mother and how she’d do anything for her, Kandi’s disdain at times for Todd’s mother, deals made to get the Old Lady Gang happen.

I’m not sure this would be considered shady. When it comes to a business deal like OLG, it’s considered smart business to reduce your downside risk and solicit other people’s money to put down on the risk. However, smart businesspeople will not assume risk without getting a greater share of the reward, so I guess the idea is that it all shakes out in the end. 

• Love 4

Yeah, I still don't see the correlation that this could show that Kandi is somehow shady with her business deals. Tacky, yes. But shady? Not so much.

it’s considered smart business to reduce your downside risk and solicit other people’s money to put down on the risk. However, smart businesspeople will not assume risk without getting a greater share of the reward, so I guess the idea is that it all shakes out in the end. 

Yeah, that is smart investing.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

want .... would Kandi put on a show of needing money in a deal when she really didn’t? Just to get more money from people?

Business deals aren’t based on how much money you need.

• Love 2

I do not mind the name. I do not love it, but I do not hate it either. Though I am pretty easy with whatever names people choose for their children. Generally if it is not something ridiculous I am cool with it. I am slowly getting used to different spellings of names as well.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 4

giphy.gif

I mean, look, I like Kandi quite a bit, and good for her for embracing and making coins off of her kinky side, but still...at least keep it real and be the one smacking Todd's ass!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

The Night Angel just won The Masked Singer and it was none other than Kandi Burruss!

I am really not into music type shows but I binged watched all three seasons of The Masked Singer, because- coronavirus- Had no clue who the other contestants were, but the first time I heard her I knew it was Kandi. Her voice Is unique and I recognized it immediately.

I am a Kandi fan in general because I admire her hustle and she seems more authentic than some of the others. However her supporting her nasty mother and constant defending of said mother over her husband is really messed up. She lost me a lot this last season when she just blew off, ignored, or excused Kenya’s crap.

Personally, I find it ironic that the the woman who has a million things going one and who has created a personal business empire is one of the most boring on the RHOA/reality TV.

I am glad she won - because - in your face Nene - however, it is yet another example of all the irons she puts in the fire that take away from her time with hubby and children.

• Love 9

Personally, I find it ironic that the the woman who has a million things going one and who has created a personal business empire is one of the most boring on the RHOA/reality TV.

I wouldn't say she is boring...I still find her entertaining. And like you, I appreciate her hustle.

The one thing against her, and I do agree with you on that, is Joyce is a horrible person. I don't think Kandi needs to be cussing out her own mother on TV, but she shouldn't let Joyce run roughshod like she does. A middle ground should be found.

• Love 10

There are lots of adorable pics of Kandi’s daughter Blaze, but I just have to post this one - who else thinks she looks like Mama Joyce giving Todd the side-eye?

Screen-Shot-2020-01-09-at-1.51.55-PM.png

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Kandi & Kenya clarify some things on Kandi's YouTube channel. Kenya was going for the jugular. 

Of course Kandi already has a "Ms. Unforgettable" shirt!.  Lol!

giphy.gif

I wonder how long it will take her to sell them.  Most of the other women could never match her hustle.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Kenya said on the video her haters could be tamed with some attention. No Kenya. I'm a big hater, stopping with the gutter blows at people and I'll stop hating. That woman gets down in the pig slop more than anyone else. Even Nene, but Nene is just plain unlikable at this point, there's no redemption for her.

Kandi, I knew from the first line she sang. She does indeed have an "unforgettable" voice.

• Love 9

Man, Kandi just made me tear up during WWHL as she spoke about how her and Todd had to have conversations with Ace about what is currently going on and Ace being confused that the cops might be the bad guys, especially because he was just recently a cop for career day at his school. 

Me:

giphy.gif

• Love 2

Congratulations to Kandi and Riley. Woodward is a great school (some of my cousins went there).

This is why I would not put my child in the public eye because there is so much pressure about superficial things.  Riley had a glow up and now there are rumors and speculations. Hopefully, she will just continue to lead her best life.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Congratulations to Kandi and Riley. Woodward is a great school (some of my cousins went there).

This is why I would not put my child in the public eye because there is so much pressure about superficial things.  Riley had a glow up and now there are rumors and speculations. Hopefully, she will just continue to lead her best life.

I agree.  I really wish people on social media didn't feel like they have to comment on everything, especially people's children.  I thought Riley looked a bit different, but I assumed she put a lot of the weight she had lost back on during all the quarantining. She still looks great though and I'm excited for her growing up and going off to college.  I did a rewatch a couple weeks ago and it's so crazy to see all the little kids so grown now!

• Love 5
On 7/26/2020 at 6:07 PM, qtpye said:

Wow. Riley looks a lot different.

20200902_150608.thumb.jpg.925085ba412f19d6db5662f7658aaf3c.jpg

• Love 1