Type keyword(s) to search

Kandi Burruss: Atlanta's Own Willy Wonka

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, bosawks said:

As good as "meh", then I'm a little disappointed in Phaedra and Porsha.  

Get off your butts, create some fake profiles and trash the place like we all expect!

15 hours ago, AndySmith said:

You know Porsha would be dumb enough to leave a bad review using the name Frack.

Given Phaedra's recent legal shenanigans, I expected to see a review from Phaedro Nido and another from Frackine Stewart.

• Love 4
On 4/18/2017 at 1:19 PM, AndySmith said:

One can only hope, but this is Porsha. Not exactly the brightest star in the sky.

yes, Porsha; the only person on this show who has three separate shows she is on other than this one, 4 ongoing successful businesses and about to start clothing line. Yes, Porsha who has literally no time to be bothered with Kandi's restaurant and doesn't appear too concerned with Kandi outside of this show.

1 hour ago, Aging Goth said:

yes, Porsha; the only person on this show who has three separate shows she is on other than this one, 4 ongoing successful businesses and about to start clothing line. Yes, Porsha who has literally no time to be bothered with Kandi's restaurant and doesn't appear too concerned with Kandi outside of this show.

Which other TV shows is she on?

What are her four businesses? I only know about the wigs and the lingerie.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

Porsha had one guest star stint on star.  Dish Nation comes in at like midnight and not everywhere.  It's also not on major networks. 

Hey, they are two other shows but let's not overstate porshas success.

I have yet to hear of the lingerie line, and naked hair is rarely mentioned on the show.  I really liked the wig she had Phaedra in, and so I went to her website....and she doesn't even sell the wig!  What's the point of having a national audience to pimp your products to if they are never mentioned?  I have no idea what the other two businesses even are.  Even Cynthia does a better job pimping her business ventures. 

I also visited Kenya's site.  I think her line is going to be sold at Sallys since she is doing appearances there connected with her hair products.  If so, that's a pretty big coupe for her.  Even if it only seems in a limited number of stores.  And it's the result of making the most of her airtime to promote her hair care line.

This makes me wonder if there is any proof that porshas businesses are doing well.  I mean the.hair line, which is the only one I ever hear about is sold online as far as I know.  You can point to Kenya's line being promoted by or sold at Sallys as proof that it's doing well enough to take shelf space there.  In fairness it seems to be good hair, but there are a million other hair companies out there that have been around longer.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Which other TV shows is she on?

What are her four businesses? I only know about the wigs and the lingerie.

Dish Nation, she is an entertainment commentator on a local Fox News station, Rickey Smiley. She has a lingerie line, hair line, sells a energy drink, starting a clothing line, working on an exercise tape, all of her clothing she wears as advertisments for designers and clothiers.  She has been on the Apprentence and she hosts several events all over Atlanta, Georgia...

Edited by Aging Goth
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

Porsha had one guest star stint on star.  Dish Nation comes in at like midnight and not everywhere.  It's also not on major networks. 

Hey, they are two other shows but let's not overstate porshas success.

I have yet to hear of the lingerie line, and naked hair is rarely mentioned on the show.  I really liked the wig she had Phaedra in, and so I went to her website....and she doesn't even sell the wig!  What's the point of having a national audience to pimp your products to if they are never mentioned?  I have no idea what the other two businesses even are.

This makes me wonder if there is any proof that porshas businesses are doing well.  I mean the.hair line, which is the only one I ever hear about is sold online as far as I know. In fairness it seems to be good hair, but there are a million other hair companies out there that have been around longer.

If her businesses were doing so great there wouldn't be a nearly $800,000 judgment against her. The child death that precipitated this was 7 1/2 years ago. The initial judgment in the civil suit was 5 1/2 years ago. She got a bank loan to pay the judgment and NEVER paid the loan. She failed to answer any of the bank's inquiries about payment of the loan. When the bank sued, she failed to respond to their complaint and offered no defense. When the court found in favor of the bank, Porsha was essentially silent because she and whatever legal team hadn't responded to anything. It's hard to argue that she's doing OK professionally and financially when she had this unpaid bank loan that was accruing interest the whole time. It was like a slow moving car crash. And she kept ignoring it.

Regardless, this is Kandi's thread and she shouldn't have to suffer the indignity of having Porsha's trifling ass discussed here.

• Love 13
(edited)

When was the last time we heard anything about Kandi's clothing stores, Tags? Watching Kyle schlep from one coast to another for her Kyle by Alene Too stores, it made me curious if Tags was still in existence. Apparently, it still is. It looks like it's a going concern. I was shocked at how much I liked the clothes because I usually hate how Kandi dresses. 

I also didn't realize that Raising Ace was her line of baby clothes and merchandise. I thought it was her blog where she posted updates about Ace and the kids. Nope. Kandi does love her coins.

She's like that Hey Mon sketch on In Living Color.

She's got a music studio, a restaurant, a baby product line, a podcast, a sex toy line, and clothing stores. She's reuniting with her singing group and working on a movie based on their careers. And she's a real housewife.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

When was the last time we heard anything about Kandi's clothing stores, Tags? Watching Kyle schlep from one coast to another for her Kyle by Alene Too stores, it made me curious if Tags was still in existence. Apparently, it still is. It looks like it's a going concern. I was shocked at how much I liked the clothes because I usually hate how Kandi dresses. 

I also didn't realize that Raising Ace was her line of baby clothes and merchandise. I thought it was her blog where she posted updates about Ace and the kids. Nope. Kandi does love her coins.

She's like that Hey Mon sketch on In Living Color.

She's got a music studio, a restaurant, a baby product line, a podcast, a sex toy line, and clothing stores. She's reuniting with her singing group and working on a movie based on their careers. And she's a real housewife.

Out of all the housewives, she's the hardest working one, and she's also the smartest with her money.

• Love 7
On 5/20/2016 at 10:42 PM, stewedsquash said:

Okay I went to that site and do we really want to train our kids the way it is done in third world countries? If those countries had access to diapers, they would not be doing the infant training. It is not based on anything but not having access to diapers, cloth or disposable. The child is NOT being trained, the parent is being trained. If it was correct I really feel that the pediatricians would be telling parents to do it at their scheduled appointments. 

Again, just change the damn diapers Kandi. I thought it was ridiculous when my sister in law told me she did it and I still think it is ridiculous when Kandi posts that she does it.

To clarify, I am not lashing out at you luckyroll3.

It's not just because they don't have access to diapers.  Friend of mine married a Chinese guy and moved to Shangai.  Her mother in law is constantly pressuring her to put her baby in split pants instead of diapers, and they could easily afford diapers.  Most of her Chinese relatives pushed for it too, saying stuff like it's healthier to not be in a diaper.  It was a real fight for her to have her kids kept in diapers, there's a definite culture around it and it's not just poverty.

On 9/30/2016 at 11:02 AM, cooksdelight said:

I fly a lot, and I can assure you that you cannot get on the plane without first having your boarding pass scanned when you check bags, scanned by TSA, and scanned by the boarding agent at the gate. This is total bullshit. Either they found contraband in her luggage and removed her, or they caused a drunken scene and were removed.... or it's production-driven drama for the show. But I'd be really surprised if the airlines would allow that. Would Bravo allow Kandi to lie on camera and make up a story about the airline? Probably, but not likely. There's something totally fishy about this story.

You can totally get on the plane with an incorrect boarding pass.  http://www.cntraveler.com/story/united-sends-paris-bound-woman-to-san-francisco-by-accident  A lot of people ignore warnings when they pop up and just tell people to go ahead and do what the are trying to do.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

It's not just because they don't have access to diapers.  Friend of mine married a Chinese guy and moved to Shangai.  Her mother in law is constantly pressuring her to put her baby in split pants instead of diapers, and they could easily afford diapers.  Most of her Chinese relatives pushed for it too, saying stuff like it's healthier to not be in a diaper.  It was a real fight for her to have her kids kept in diapers, there's a definite culture around it and it's not just poverty.

You can totally get on the plane with an incorrect boarding pass.  http://www.cntraveler.com/story/united-sends-paris-bound-woman-to-san-francisco-by-accident  A lot of people ignore warnings when they pop up and just tell people to go ahead and do what the are trying to do.

If the babies have split pants, do they crap and pee everywhere?????

I can see being free of diapers being better for the baby skin but what about the parents sanity????

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Who really believes these are all their recipes? 

I don't find anything terribly imaginative.  So who knows?  Fried chicken, greens and mac n' cheese are pretty standard fare.  I don't understand deep frying and grilling.

2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Who really believes these are all their recipes? 

maque choux, parmesan crisps...no way. succotash and burnt cheese on the grits, yeah.

I guess their theme is "inspired by..."

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:25 PM, Petunia13 said:

I don't think Kandi or Tiny are good singers. 

This is a reunion I don't give a shit about although I'm going to the TLC tour show (RIP Left Eye). 

I thought it was just me. They know how to sing and are great in a group to harmonize, but by themselves I've never listened to anything except "Fly Away" they spun to give tribute to A.J. It sucked to have Momma Joyce being so threatened by the guy that she talked him "down" until the day he died! She obviously didn't learn anything almost running TODD off. These people have more heart than me; one of us would have to die if I were in that situation. lol!

2 hours ago, Queena said:

Kandi's the weakest link. Her voice sucks to me. The Scott sisters make her and Tiny sound worse. 

Never been that impressed with their voices! The talent is there, but being able to sing doesn't mean it sounds that great! I did a lot of karaoke years ago; always impressed the DJ with my range and being on key as a "counter tenor," but the sound was rather different! It was akin to Sylvester doing "You Make Me Feel, Mighty Real!" Haven't heard him, but someone thought it close to Al B Sure doing "Night & Day!" I think I'd do better in a group to harmonize in my way! Kandi and Tiny need some help! ;-)

• Love 2

I went to the Xscape concert last night in Detroit. I thought they sounded great!!!! I'm a huge fan and I'm glad they're back together. I hope it lasts!!!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, BSB said:

I went to the Xscape concert last night in Detroit. I thought they sounded great!!!! I'm a huge fan and I'm glad they're back together. I hope it lasts!!!

Nice.  I saw them at the Essence Festival on Sunday.  They were great!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, neenyah said:

I think this was a filmed event? I might have missed it but I didn't see any pics in the slideshow of those two together...Porsha may have just been there for her paycheck.

If it was filmed that could change things but I'm not so sure that they won't work things out though.

I think this was a filmed event? I might have missed it but I didn't see any pics in the slideshow of those two together...Porsha may have just been there for her paycheck.

That sounds right.

I don't know if Porsha can buy enough dildos from Kandi at this point to be forgiven.

• Love 4
On 9/25/2017 at 6:52 PM, cooksdelight said:

Kandi doesn’t forget those who’ve done her wrong. She may stand and smile for the camera, but Porsha is dead to her, I think. Phaedra is already 12 feet under.

It's kinda sad actually how many people in Kandi's life have tried to take advantage of her or  disparaged her, not just on RHOA. She has everything but a lot of the same problems average women have (shit talkers, friend drama, haters, abusive or manipulative family members, asshole exes, lazy coworkers...)

im being sympathetic but just remembered she cries all the time so she lets those feelings out. 

• Love 6
On 9/27/2017 at 7:36 AM, Petunia13 said:

It's kinda sad actually how many people in Kandi's life have tried to take advantage of her or  disparaged her, not just on RHOA. She has everything but a lot of the same problems average women have (shit talkers, friend drama, haters, abusive or manipulative family members, asshole exes, lazy coworkers...)

im being sympathetic but just remembered she cries all the time so she lets those feelings out. 

Some people have bad luck and some people attract trash because they're awful. I haven't quite decided where Kandi falls.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Don't Kandi/Todd realize that they have the ultimate responsibility to make sure their sub contractors are paid by the person they hired to oversee the construction? They need to pay the guy then go after the architect that Todd hired to recoup the money. Bottom line, they are the ones benefitting from his/his employees work.