Type keyword(s) to search

Kandi Burruss: Atlanta's Own Willy Wonka

• Start Topic

Kandi Burruss' nephew was shot by a co-worker at her restaurant
www.revolt.tv

Kandi Burruss‘ nephew, Chef Melvin Jones, was shot by a co-worker at Burruss’ restaurant, Blaze Steak and Seafood, on Wednesday (Sept. 7) night.

According to 11 Alive in Atlanta, South Fulton Police Lt. Rogers stated that SFP received a call at 7:30 p.m. about an employee firing a weapon at the restaurant on Cascade Road in Atlanta. The suspect was involved in a fight with another staff member and fired their gun, striking Jones in the arm. He was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

SFP is looking for the shooter, who left the scene before police arrived.

Jones shared on his Instagram Story his injuries from being shot while giving thanks to his grandmother, “Still here [because] granny be praying for me,” he said. Jones is the kitchen manager at the Blaze restaurant and Burruss’s first restaurant, Old Lady Gang, in honor of her mother and two aunts, Joyce Jones, Bertha Jones, and Nora Wilcox.

It’s not the first time gun violence has struck Burruss‘ restaurants. Two years ago on Valentine’s Day, a man opened fire in the OLG restaurant, shooting another man. In addition, two innocent bystanders were also caught in the crossfire of the shooting. There were no fatalities among the three. Both restaurants have been featured several times on the Bravo reality TV show.

SFP provided no details about what led to the shooting, the identity of the suspect or where the gunfire occurred in the restaurant. Neither Burruss nor her husband, Todd Tucker, have commented on the incident.

https://www.revolt.tv/article/2022-09-08/190915/kandi-burruss-nephew-was-shot-by-a-co-worker-at-her-restaurant/?amp

So, Melvin was not the target. I find it curious that the person has not been identified yet. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I had to look up where Blaze is after seeing Cascade Road in the above post. Wow, I had no idea...that is my old neighborhood. I used to catch the bus to middle school at that corner, and I'm still over that way quite frequently, lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
On 11/19/2022 at 12:31 AM, Iguessnot said:

I read the OLG is not being renewed due to lack of interest.

I was bummed to hear this. I thought Kandi & the Gang was a cute show. I mean, if Vanderpump Rules can get 10 seasons... Anyway, on the upside fan favorite Brian is doing well with his soul food eggroll business. His instagram is: the original soul roll. He's now on DoorDash & UberEats.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiC83mTARGy/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Is anybody watching Kandi on "SWV & XScape: The Queens of R&B?"

Yes, and that Rocky guy sure likes the camera, doesn't he? Not liking the vibes off him at ALL, even without the claims of check stealing.  

I'm liking this much more than the last Xscape spin off. Apparently these ladies are serious about settling old scores. I'm here for it. 

• Like 4
17 hours ago, kassa said:

Yes, and that Rocky guy sure likes the camera, doesn't he? Not liking the vibes off him at ALL, even without the claims of check stealing.  

When she said that he worked for R.Kelly, my ears perked up. After watching him with his wife I can see he's right on brand for the Pied Piper of R&B.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Oh, I missed the R. Kelly mention. He's a sly guy, directing every conversation in every scene he's in, and she watches him very carefully as he does it so she doesn't step wrong.

There's looking at your spouse and watching your spouse and they give very different relationship vibes.

• Like 5
30 minutes ago, kassa said:

Oh, I missed the R. Kelly mention. He's a sly guy, directing every conversation in every scene he's in, and she watches him very carefully as he does it so she doesn't step wrong.

There's looking at your spouse and watching your spouse and they give very different relationship vibes.

Exactly. And then he positions himself as being "shocked" when she says things that he is well aware of

• Like 5

Same vibes from Louis on RHONJ. I swear, somebody should design a RED FLAGS course for teenage girls based solely on reality television. "THIS is behavior you need to spot and get away from ASAP." There's no end of cautionary tales.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
On 3/15/2023 at 10:53 AM, NowVoyager said:

Is anybody watching Kandi on "SWV & XScape: The Queens of R&B?"

Yes! With popcorn. The entire Tocha/Tamika/Mama drama is so messy. Their mom is awful. And they way Mom and Tocha clammed up as soon as Tamika brought up the stolen money told me everything I need to know. They for sure stole that shit!

I'm also looking to see how this whole thing plays out with Tocha who clearly thinks she big enough to have a career on her own. If that were true, it would have happened already. Also, I have no doubt her husband has ruined many a deal for her in the past. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

The MOTHER!  I don't know the backstory of these folks, but is the daughter the mother is siding with considered the meal ticket? Doesn't seem like she's done much since her glory days, so maybe it's just a case of the mother always having had a favorite?

• Like 3
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, kassa said:

The MOTHER!  I don't know the backstory of these folks, but is the daughter the mother is siding with considered the meal ticket? Doesn't seem like she's done much since her glory days, so maybe it's just a case of the mother always having had a favorite?

They probably assumed she would be the meal ticket. But a great voice doesn't cover for a nasty attitude....

• Like 5
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

They probably assumed she would be the meal ticket. But a great voice doesn't cover for a nasty attitude....

Um. I may be alone here, but I don't think Tosha's voice is that great.

Plus, her Charo wig is killing me.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I'm not blaming her for her attitude based on what I understand happened with her career.  From what I gather, she wanted to do a solo project but kept it from the group.  In the meantime, Kandi started screwing Jermaine Dupri and he gave her his backing for her solo career.  LaTocha was the voice of Xscape but just like what happened with Florence Ballard when Barry Gordy started screwing Diana Ross, she was put on the back burner and Kandi was moved forward.  LaTocha's voice is waaaaay better than Kandi's.  I don't blame her for being bitter.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

The MOTHER! 

I agree about the mother!  I bet her and Mama Joyce butt heads on the regular back in the day.  Especially after the Scotts put out that rumor about Kandi!  I can only imagine Mama Joyce and Mama Scott going at it back in the day!  Woo chile!!! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, swankie said:

I bet her and Mama Joyce butt heads on the regular back in the day. 

When she was going on and on about being the 5th member of the group, I was thinking, "I wonder what Mama Joyce would say about that....."

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 3/15/2023 at 1:19 PM, kassa said:

I'm liking this much more than the last Xscape spin off. Apparently these ladies are serious about settling old scores. I'm here for it. 

I have no trouble believing Tamika that he put her $30K in his bank account.

• Like 3
(edited)
On 3/27/2023 at 11:59 PM, Carolina Girl said:

I have no trouble believing Tamika that he put her $30K in his bank account.

Tamika said on a video expose a couple of days ago that she didn't want to mention it before, but it was more than one $30,000 check. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
36 minutes ago, Lois Sandborne said:

Kandi is not returning for the next season. Who knows if it was really her choice, but it's probably for the best. She's trying to get a lot of stuff going, and she hasn't been bringing much to the  show lately.

I think it was her choice, not a single person on the show has heard anything and have not received offers.

I like Kandi, but she was getting boring. I really don’t want any of the other housewives from last season back.

• Like 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, Lois Sandborne said:

Kandi is not returning for the next season. Who knows if it was really her choice, but it's probably for the best. She's trying to get a lot of stuff going, and she hasn't been bringing much to the  show lately.

I'm not sure it was exactly her choice. Bravo said it would do a reboot like NY, and now that it might keep a few OG cast members. No cast members received any offers yet. Maybe Kandi doesn't want to wait until Bravo makes any decisions. I guess an era is over.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Maybe Kandi doesn't want to wait until Bravo makes any decisions. I guess an era is over.

I think Kandi is booked and busy, she does not need the hassle of filming with people she doesn't like. 

• Like 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think Kandi is booked and busy, she does not need the hassle of filming with people she doesn't like. 

She restarted her career because of the show, her composing, and personal one. She produced theatrical plays, and tv shows where she starred herself (as well). She had other offers in the entertainment business and beyond. She opened restaurants, and a clothing store because of the show. She created the sex toy, etc. business. She even promoted Todd's condo in NJ (which would be rented, or sold). She advertised those businesses on the show. She was offered multiple Bravo shows. That's the reason she was still on although she didn't like some of the women. So, I think she would still remain on the show if there was an offer, but she probably didn't want to face the indignity of not being asked. The show is obviously on hiatus because filming normally starts in fall the last few seasons.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6

I read somewhere that she's enjoying some mom time which she hasn't been able to do. She has financial security so it's best she enjoys some time with her little ones while there's time. Joyce also had a procedure and the time off from filming allowed Kandi to attend to the ole battleax. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I may be in the minority but I've always enjoyed Kandi and don't find her boring. I especially feel that she brought a legitimacy to the franchise that cannot be replaced. One of my favorite Kandi moments is during that one reunion when Marlo was needling her about being a sugar mama and she retorts, "bitch if I wanted to pay for every single motherfucker up in here, I COOOOULD!!" (forgive me if I butchered the line but you get the point lol). I respect her hustle and the career she has had, and consequently, the fact that she had her own money and didn't have to rely on the Bravo teat to survive is what made her interesting to me. She didn't gratuitously stir the pot or concoct annoying, fake drama in a desperate attempt to ride the Bravo gravy train for as long as possible (looking at you Tamra, Giselle and Dorit).

I'll miss you Kandi yams.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, UniqBlue69 said:

I may be in the minority but I've always enjoyed Kandi and don't find her boring. I especially feel that she brought a legitimacy to the franchise that cannot be replaced. One of my favorite Kandi moments is during that one reunion when Marlo was needling her about being a sugar mama and she retorts, "bitch if I wanted to pay for every single motherfucker up in here, I COOOOULD!!" (forgive me if I butchered the line but you get the point lol). I respect her hustle and the career she has had, and consequently, the fact that she had her own money and didn't have to rely on the Bravo teat to survive is what made her interesting to me. She didn't gratuitously stir the pot or concoct annoying, fake drama in a desperate attempt to ride the Bravo gravy train for as long as possible (looking at you Tamra, Giselle and Dorit).

I'll miss you Kandi yams.

In addition, she has employed hundreds of people and takes that seriously.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1