Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Penne Alla Andi

• Start Topic

I do not find Nick attractive at all. He reminds me of Peter MacNichol's character in Ghostbusters 2.  Seriously. 

I think that Andy's "type" is a DB.  She likes Nick, he is totally doing it for her and it's kind of got a lot of ick factor to me.  When she was squeeing about how manly he was that he grabbed her right away I was like ohhhhh I see how she is.  At this point I would not be suprised if some of the other guys are rethinking even being into her.  I mean I know they will never say this on camera.  They have probably all mentally switched to Bachelor-audition mode though.

• Love 6
(edited)

Wow, that's so disappointing about the gondola rides!  I was seriously starting to wonder if they were in Vegas and not really Venice. The pizza looked really bad too. Notes to self if I ever make it to Venice.

I spent some time in that region and in Venice itself. The Veneto region is said to have the worst food in Italy.  I was not impressed with the pizza maybe it would have been better if I had tried the one with hot dog on it, or the one with horse meat., Honestly Venice was a bit of a let down.It was one big tourist trap

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 1
Italy is, on the whole, beautiful, although I find Venice disturbing.  Early reading of "Death in Venice" may have created part of this impression, but also the fetishization of creepy pigeons, the dankness of the air due to all the canals, the darkness even during daytime of very narrow walkways between crumbling buildings and unmoving canals... disturbing.  And awash in tourists.

I have never been interested in going to Venice...it never looks inviting to me in pictures or on the TV screen.  It does always seem dark and gray to me.

Parts of Venice are lovely; when you wander from the main "streets" and get away from all the booths selling tourist stuff and see more of people just living their day-to-day lives. But I had to laugh watching this episode because the way it was edited made it look like Andi and Nick spent the entire time from late morning to sunset 1. in a gondola and 2. circling Piazza San Marco.

The establishing shots with the guys were the same way - they showed "Venice" by showing the Piazza being approached from 3 different angles. There's much more scenic stuff in Venice!

• Love 1

Can someone please tell me what are the right reasons?  I keep hearing about them, but I don't know what they are.  Nick seems to be there just for Andi, which you would think is the right reason, yet the other guys get mad at him for it and say he's not there for the right reasons.  So, I'm confused.

And, Dylan.... perhaps if you washed your hands after going to the bathroom, you wouldn't get sick.  Kudos for being honest, but you're gross and I never want to touch you.

Josh is giving off very major stalker vibes to me and I hope she gets rid of him soon.

• Love 2
Can someone please tell me what are the right reasons?  I keep hearing about them, but I don't know what they are.  Nick seems to be there just for Andi, which you would think is the right reason, yet the other guys get mad at him for it and say he's not there for the right reasons.  So, I'm confused.

It seems like in every season, both Bachelor and Bachelorette, the contestants who already have roses by the time of the cocktail party are "expected" to stand aside and allow those contestants without roses to get one-on-one time with the "star", presumably in order to plead their case. 

I never understood why that should be so.  But contestants with roses who try to spend any time with the "star" always get shit about it from the other contestants.

But I've never heard that sort of behavior called "being there for the wrong reasons" the way some of the guys did last night.  From what I can tell, if "the right reasons" means being there only to marry and live forever with the "star", then that behavior demonstrates "right reasons".

I think "not here for the right reasons", at this point, has just become a sort of generic, catch-all, grown-up, Bachelor(ette) version of "well you have cooties!".

• Love 6

What I hate about lie detectors is that there's no room for explanation. So if you're asked if you wash your hands after going to the bathroom, and you remember that one time you didn't, and you say "Yes" you're lying, but if you say "No" it isn't quite accurate either. I can see why the guys were skeeved about it.

That being said, Josh was SO defensive. He knew it'd reveal he wasn't there for the Right Reasons.

• Love 3

From Stephanie's recap:

He boards his mini-van back to America, where an honest pantsapreneur can make something of himself, if he has the right mix of moxie and gumption.

The word "pantsapreneur" will never not be funny, and this is the perfect sentence for the word. 

• Love 2

Just pull a Costanza.  "It's not a lie . . . if YOU believe it."

Right? I don't understand Josh's reaction at all. Lightning won't strike you down if you don't tell the truth during a lie detector test. His attitude makes me think he has something to hide, moreso than one of his answers being deemed a "lie." And what was with his tiny scarf? I don't find him attractive at all. 

Nick is still my favorite out of the guys left. Cody was just - ugh. Did he think Juliet was a real person? I know letting someone go on a one-on-one date is all about the drama but it's still cold.

• Love 1

Speaking as a male (who washes his hands obsessively), I can attest that a larger percentage of men than you would care to know don't wash their hands.  This is especially true after "#1", but I've also seen men come out of the stall, presumably after "#2", and head straight to the door!  That is why I don't participate in pot luck lunches at work. 

It reminds me of a very old, very weak joke about graduates from rival colleges in the men's room.  Observing the other occupant not washing his hands, the University grad says, "They taught us to wash our hands at University", to which State grad says, "Really?  They taught us not to pee on our hands at State!"

I thought Dylan was really cute before, but now he just looks like one big unclean hand!  Poor guy will have a tough time living that down, even if the reason for his answer, as someone already pointed out, is that he remembers one time where he didn't.

• Love 4
(edited)
Wow, that's so disappointing about the gondola rides!  I was seriously starting to wonder if they were in Vegas and not really Venice. The pizza looked really bad too. Notes to self if I ever make it to Venice.

Yeah, don't bother with the pizza or pasta in Venice -- they're strictly for tourists, and you'd get much better fare in Rome and points South.  Venice's cuisine is predominantly centered around seafood, particularly capitone (eel) and baccalà (codfish).  In fact, there's one restaurant in Venice that very emphatically states that it serves "no pizza, no lasagne, no tourist menu."  And it's not just because they don't know how; it's also because they don't care to learn!

Oh, and as a note to the guys -- in Italy, men are expected to dress up a little when they go out, especially in the evening.  Only tourists would be seen walking about in a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops; native Italian men wouldn't be caught dead in them!

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2
(edited)

Can someone please tell me what are the right reasons?  I keep hearing about them, but I don't know what they are.

In regards to Nick, I think the men are saying that he just wants to "win" as opposed to really falling for Andi. I think they feel like if his relationship with Andi was true, he could rely on the connection and didn't have to actually seek her out at every opportunity to try and spend time with her...sometimes at the other guys' expense. But I think that's such bullshit. You can't expect to fall in love and start any kind of long-lasting relationship only spending a total of 35 minutes in each other's company over the course of the show. It makes sense to me that Nick would try to get every minute he could with her, especially if he's developing feelings...to try and nurture the budding relationship. All of this courtly stepping aside that the guys do is not conducive to falling in love at all. And I say that with tongue in cheek, I know that no one actually "falls in love" on this show. At best, you identify someone you COULD fall in love with and then go off after the show and see if it works. 

Edited by PetuniaP

I agree with you that the Not Here to Make Friends guys/girls typically should be implicitly Right Reasons, not Wrong Reasons. That's what I've never understood. If you're TOO chummy with the other guys/girls, then you are There for the Wrong Reasons (i.e., care more about making friends than finding love), but if you're not chummy ENOUGH with the guys/girls, then you're also There for the Wrong Reasons (i.e., Not Here to Make Friends). I think it comes down to mob mentality where there is always the outsider that the group focuses on as being a little different--one way or the other--than the rest of them. And as soon as that Wrong Reasons person is outsted, then another Wrong Reasons contestant rises to the surface. Although the guys seemed to have a bit of an issue with Nick (mostly just Cody, I think), they seemed to have a bigger problem with Andrew. Yet, now that Andrew is gone, everybody hates Nick. If Nick left, they'd probably turn on Josh, who has some Wrong Reasons tendancies by daring to question the lie detector test! I mean, Nick got Wrong Reasoned by being "salty" and not taking miming seriously! Miming! You do not question the ridiculousness of the dates, or you will be shunned with a scarlet WR!

• Love 3

I think the problem is she can't seem to get out of "lawyer mode" and just let herself get caught up in her feelings and everything else. She is enjoying herself, there are some guys she's obviously very attracted to and she definitely seems to like the kissing but it's like her natural lawyer "interrogate and question everything" comes to play.

Not sure I buy into this theory only because Andi has been out of law school for what, a year?  Two at the most? And since graduating, she has done her turns on both the Bachelor and the Bachelorette. I doubt that she's much of a lawyer. I've worked with them for a very long time, and I've never met one (not even a summer associate, who is still a law student) who used the word "like" like a million times per 20 minutes, y'all.

You'll have to excuse my shock -- maybe this is the norm, but I've only seen a few episodes of the Jake Pavelka season, so I'm more or less in virgin territory here and don't know what is considered "normal."

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but maybe I'm a bigger bitch than most who post here. I was about to congratulate Andi for finally wearing clothing in which her boobs were not overly-exposed to the world in general -- and then I notice her "riding pants" on her date with Cody. Not only was the material stuck in her butt crack (as was the case with her shorts get-up), but her "mound" area (trying to be discreet) between her legs was so overly pronounced that I actually gasped. What's next? Crotchless pants in Belgium? Between her desire to be ravaged by a "man," and her insistence on dressing lower than a $5 hooker, I seriously question her mental state.

• Love 7
(edited)

Mr. PeePee Hands

Bahahaha! So true, so gross. I already thought the guy was unappealing - now I find him disgusting.

Team Nick all the way. I find him utterly adorable and I like his sense of style. I had a girlfriend over Friday night who's behind on the show and we watched the previous two eps. We were so in agreement that Nick is the only cutie pie there, but then again neither of us like jocks and always go for the quirky guys.

Did anyone else think this episode was oddly edited? The rhythm of it just felt weird, and I'm not sure why they showed us so much of how tortured Andi was after the group date without showing us more of what bothered her so much. Yes I get things got weird with Josh, but I don't feel we saw enough of it. Show don't tell, editors.

Edited by violetr
  • Love 3
(edited)

I thought the lie detector thing was rude and invasive, too. Felt bad for Dylan--I've read that 80% of men don't wash their hands after peeing so its too bad that's what a sensitive and already-depressed guy is going to be remembered for on this show.

It was weird to me how Josh reacted to the test, and also how they seem to think Andi plans everything, good or bad, when we all know it's the producers. (That said, I think Andi would have gone ballistic--she would have gotten so much angrier than Josh--if Juan Pablo had made her take a lie detector test on camera and asked questions about how many men she'd slept with, etc.).

That said, I'm surprised these guys were so uncomfortable. I would just lie about the questions I didn't want to answer truthfully and, if "caught", would lie about the reason for lying or blame the "technology" or that I couldn't understand his questions ("fought"--lol).  What's the matter? Andi knows lie detectors are inadmissible in a court of law. Maybe I'd find it too easy to blow off--probably look -very- dishonest for doing so on-camera, but I don't think people should have to answer anything they don't think is someone else's business--whether privately dating or on a show.

I liked Andi a little better for feeling so bad about sending Cody home. The show kind of set him up though with the "tell her your feelings before she dumps you" rose.

I was surprised by Venice. It's moved waay down my list of places to go in Italy. Of the guys left, I don't see Andi having more than a few dates with whomever wins. Josh was the obvious frontrunner but they didn't make it through their first disagreement very well and he had such a weird frightened? angry? look the rest of the night. I guess she and Nick have chemistry, but he just seems too boyish to be her type. A farmer? No, not even a romantic, rich one. And Brian is "manly" but so wooden. I don't see any chemistry between them at all. Maybe hometowns will ignite something but so far I could understand if she's feeling a little disappointed.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 2

Just putting in my two cents about Josh and the lie detector test. I too think it was a silly thing to do on a date (although it was kind of fun to watch), but he was overly defensive about the whole thing. The way I see it, if he didn't have anything to hide, there was no need to get so angry about it. The way he went on and on about it just showed me that he was one of the guys who told lies. I thought he should have just let it go, since the rest of the guys were able to. 

Cody clearly had no chance here from the beginning, so I felt bad for him when he got shut down by Andi. Learn to read the signs buddy; she's just not that into you.

Right now, I like Chris, even though I thought all of his anxiety over being Andi's secret admirer was a bit silly. I also like Brian a lot, but I don't think he's the right one for Andi. The rest of the guys are all kind of meh in my opinion, but that's typical for this show. And Dylan, now I can't look at you after learning you don't wash your hands after using the bathroom. Good thing Andi doesn't know about that...

• Love 1

The best thing about the Lie Detector date was that, beyond being 100% producer-created (as all of the dates are) that one had nothing to do with Venice.  Usually once they start traveling the dates have some tie-in to the local culture or landmarks or something.  

That date was arranged to be nothing but pure shit-stirring.

As far as Josh's reaction, this week we also got a potential trouble-spot with Nick as well, as they discussed on their one-on-one date.

It seems to me that Andi's interactions with Josh and Nick have been qualitatively different than with anyone else.  I'd be shocked if they're not the F2, or at least in the F3 (and that Andi had decided that long before they got to Venice).  The "drama" this week just seemed a little too manufactured.  I don't see Andi relating to Brian or Chris, or even Malcolm the way she does with Nick or Josh.  But I think the this week was supposed to make us make us think Andi still isn't sure what she's going to do.

I do not find Nick attractive at all. He reminds me of Peter MacNichol's character in Ghostbusters 2.  Seriously.

That was on this weekend and I instantly thought of Nick!

Andi's date with Cody was like a Make a Wish date. Reading his letter: "Wow Cody! Good job! Guess what? We get dinner now!!!!" And then complimenting his outfit? Which was an uncomfortably extremely deep v with a suit jacket? Gah. How could he keep his pitch going when she was all downturn mouth and acting like she was getting a migraine? Know your audience, homey.

I don't like Marcus or his creepy mustache. I laughed when JJ ramrod kissed her and she was like "oooph". She obvs didn't think that move was being a MAN. I don't think she is into Brian anymore and yes his poem was a total 10 Things rip off.

Way too much written word/poem reciting on this season. 

• Love 2

Every season, there is the inevitable complaint that "he/she is not here for the right reason".  I’ve taken that to mean that the person being accused has an ulterior motive for being on the show.  As in, he/she isn't really here to try and fall in love with the Bachelor/ette, but signed on with hopes of:
-Free all inclusive vacations/trips
-Be the next Bachelor/ette
-Expanded dating pool after the show
-Local celebrity
-Start or advance show biz career

-Free publicity for personal business
And, what seems to works for countless ladies on the Bachelor, “force boyfriend to make a commitment.”  That is what I think someone “not being there for the right reason” means.

• Love 3

Every season, there is the inevitable complaint that "he/she is not here for the right reason".  I’ve taken that to mean that the person being accused has an ulterior motive for being on the show.  As in, he/she isn't really here to try and fall in love with the Bachelor/ette, but signed on with hopes of:

-Free all inclusive vacations/trips

-Be the next Bachelor/ette

-Expanded dating pool after the show

-Local celebrity

-Start or advance show biz career

-Free publicity for personal business

And, what seems to works for countless ladies on the Bachelor, “force boyfriend to make a commitment.”  That is what I think someone “not being there for the right reason” means.

Considering how much more appealing each of these reasons seem than most of the Bachelors/-ettes, it pretty surprising if -anyone- really is showing up "for the right reasons"--including the "star"!

• Love 1

I've never farted in Publix, but I've been known to let one rip in Kroger.

Poor Cody, first he gets kicked out of Planet Fitness, now the bachelor mansion.

• Love 4

It's too bad none of these guys watched The Americans.  They had a whole scene on how to fool a lie detector. 

I think they also treat Andi like a toy that not their favorite, but not something they want anyone else playing with.

• Love 2

For my part, I still prefer the Bachelorette seasons to the Bachelor seasons for the simple reason that overall, there is much less drama with the guys than with the women.  Guys may tend to talk smack to and about each other, but at the end of the day, they don't generally tend to take things as personally as the women do or hold grudges for as long.  In fact, one of the things that has always impressed me about the men is how well they actually do get along outside the game, and how well they maintain those close friendships once the game is over.

• Love 3
(edited)

Guys may tend to talk smack to and about each other, but at the end of the day, they don't generally tend to take things as personally as the women do or hold grudges for as long.  In fact, one of the things that has always impressed me about the men is how well they actually do get along outside the game, and how well they maintain those close friendships once the game is over.

I'm not saying that female relationships aren't different from male relationships, but I don't think the above statement is true, either in real life or on this franchise. Many of the women who've appeared on TB are now besties. Look at Andi, Sharleen and Kelly, just as one example. In the end I think it all evens out regardless of gender. Some people form close friendships, some don't. Some stay in touch, some don't. Some hate their fellow contestants, some don't.

Edited by violetr
  • Love 5
(edited)
Nick reminds me a LOT of David Morse, the actor, from his "St Elsewhere"  days.

I was kept up last night trying to think who he reminded me of, and this morning I figured it out: Peter MacNicol.

I agree that Andi doesn't seem that into any of them.

I was in Venice for two days on a whirlwind trip -- it rained the second day, but it's such a unique, beautiful city, I want to go back and spend more time.

The lie detector guy asking if the guys are there for the "right reasons" is silly. It should be reworded to say "Are you there to find love with Andi?" Because their right reason might be to get exposure or just be on TV or have fun, and they wouldn't be lying if they said yes.

Edited by Rhondinella
deleted broken link

It's been 7 years since I visited Venice and it is an interesting little city. However one case of food poisoning on day 3 of a 12 day trip and I've had no desire to return! I've been back to Italy but avoided it like the plaque as I've never gotten over being in an Italian store and trying to ask for medicine and having the clerk yell out...oh diarrhea! FYI the word is the same in both languages.

But I digress, frankly I'd be unhappy if I had to take a lie detector test however, mad at producers not Andi.

The Juliet store, I'm pretty sure it was featured in some chick flick from a few years ago which name escapes me.

Go ....Brian?!?!?! Awww maybe no one.

• Love 1

I'm not saying that female relationships aren't different from male relationships, but I don't think the above statement is true, either in real life or on this franchise. Many of the women who've appeared on TB are now besties. Look at Andi, Sharleen and Kelly, just as one example. In the end I think it all evens out regardless of gender. Some people form close friendships, some don't. Some stay in touch, some don't. Some hate their fellow contestants, some don't.

Oh, of course there are exceptions.  I was only making a general observation based upon my own viewing experience with the show and my personal experiences with men.  It was not meant to be taken as Gospel truth that applies in all situtations, which is why I deliberately made it clear that I was speaking in very general terms only.

• Love 1

Honestly Venice was a bit of a let down.It was one big tourist trap

My grandfather came to the US in 1907 from Sicily and never, ever spoke about his youth.  We would ask him all the time, "Why did you come over here?" and he would say he was a refugee from the Catholic church.  We'd ask about Venice and he'd say, "It's a sewer!".  That pizza looked horrible.

God I can't stand Andi.

(edited)

Yikes. That episode did Venice no favours as a tourist destination. So grey and dingy and sad. That being said I would still go there for a day or two for the experience of it.

Josh was incredibly shady during this episode but I still think he makes hometowns and I honestly can't see anyone but Nick beating him at the end. Unless a dark horse shows up in the next few weeks, it seems all but determined that it'll be Nick and Josh final two. They're the only ones she's had very obvious chemistry with. She likes Brian's kisses but he's much too wishy-washy for her. Marcus is so, so corny - I can't see him lasting much longer. The farmer is dull. Dylan got lucky with that pity rose on his one on one date.

I never in a million years would have thought that Nick would be Andi's type. I find them interesting despite being baffled by them as a pair. I think what might work against him is that he's got that nerdy, city vibe about him that might not fly in the hometown dates. I don't think he's alpha enough for her family.

Edited by karewho
(edited)

I wonder how each of them would do on the oh-so-important-to-Andi-and-her-father "Real Men Fire Rifles" test?  Dylan, Nick and Marcus...I'd guess they've never held a gun (works for me, but not for Andi). Brian will probably give it a try, do badly and get angry about it. Showing how "shooting together" is just like "cooking together".

Josh probably shot guns during the boring time trying to find something to do in small town America, but isn't any good at it and, like Brian, is going to be upset that he can't impress Andi.

Chris should excel at the rifle range--but even the potent combination of "guns plus love letters" isn't going to help him here. Imo, Andi clearly already has him--and his farm animals--in the "friend zone".

I don't understand how someone can be like Cody--get so far and be obviously not in the top 4 guys she's interested in and still babble out his feelings for her, assuring her that "when you know me better, you're going to love me. No, really." I cannot imagine letting my guard down for a second in a similar situation. Surely he knew she wasn't that into him. I mean, it seems that it would be so very, very obvious, even in the context of this show. Maybe it was a "right reasons moment"--and for him the right reason was to say anything he could to extend his all-expenses paid vacation another few days. Because, really, I can't understand it any other way.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 1

"I've never worked so hard at anything in my life . . . this is the hardest thing I've ever done," says the woman who went to law school and was a District Attorney.  Guess it's not surprising she quit her job.

• Love 8
the fetishization of creepy pigeons

Seriously. Flying rats. Can't believe they let them sit on their heads!

The Juliet store, I'm pretty sure it was featured in some chick flick from a few years ago which name escapes me.

Letters to Juliet, with Amanda Seyfried. Same exact room where the volunteers answer people's mail. I was anxious about Andi actually telling her date that they were in the non-existent historical Juliet's hometown, but at least she said "inspiration for Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet," which still may not be exactly right, but acknowledges that people are writing to a fictional character for love advice.

I don't hate Nick and, in some ways, I think he is one of the more interesting guys left.  But there is something about him that reads a little smarmy to me.  I felt like his early corral of Andi at the RC had more to do with him showing up the other guys and less to do with a genuine eagerness to be in her company.  Also, his energy level seems off.  He is very monotone and low key in his interactions with her.  While a refreshing change, perhaps, from some of the overly excited and "on" contestants, it would quickly wear upon me in real life.   But he seems reasonably intelligent and has some game, so that is a plus. If not Nick, I'm left scratching my head at who else she might choose.  

I thought the lie detector test was cruel and invasive.  If it had all been very light, jokey things, it might have been OK.  But, trying to hone in on the number of women the guy has slept with?  And poor Dylan and his hand washing.  Most guys I know would NOT wash their hands after #1, unless they were cooking or something, and no one was looking.   At least we know Dylan is honest.  

On my last trip to Italy, Venice was a definite low light.  There just isn't enough of a core, real Italian community left there to make it interesting enough for more than a day trip to see the museums and architecture.  I tried to ferret out the non-tourist places, but they are few and far between.   I'm glad I saw it, but I'd never spend 3 days there again.    Tuscany, now, is a whole different story.

• Love 4
Josh is giving off very major stalker vibes to me and I hope she gets rid of him soon.

THANK YOU!!  I didn't feel this way at first, but beginning last week, and especially this ep, I began to sense a little possessiveness, like "she's mine, how dare she even look at another guy!"  He just glowers at her whenever she's not giving him the attention he wants.  And the talking over her makes me nervous as well.  Remember what a nice guy Jake seemed to be on his original season?  I don't THINK Josh is quite that bad, but there are some worrisome signs.

• Love 3
Parts of Venice are lovely; when you wander from the main "streets" and get away from all the booths selling tourist stuff and see more of people just living their day-to-day lives.

Right. Venice wasn't that high on my list of places to visit but really, if you're going to go to Italy, you should stop by for a quick look. It's such a unique place and it really is quite fascinating. Now that I've been there once and seen it, I don't know if I'd go back but I sure am glad I got to see the place once in my life. If I were lucky enough to go back to Italy, I'd spend more time in Sorrento and on the Almafi Coast. I fell in love with that area. :)

Yeah, don't bother with the pizza or pasta in Venice

I don't know about that. One of the best meals I had in Italy was a spaghetti carbonara  dish in a little restaurant near St Mark's Square that had big paintings of Tahitian dancers on the walls! The decor was questionable but I can still remember how delicious the meal was. :)

I don't think any relationship that might come out of this show will be long lasting once they get to know the 'real' Andi. So many times last night I saw her with her Grumpy Cat face on and then it was like she remembered that it's not an attractive look and she'd immediately put on her happy face even if there was nothing to be happy about. I think potential boyfriend/fiance would get that grumpy look most of the time in real life plus the prickly personality that flares up if anyone dares to disagree with her. Plus her over analyzing of every word and look - I'll bet she's the type that can remember (and wouldn't hesitate to throw it back in your face) something you said months or years ago. I just don't find her likeable at all.

• Love 1
(edited)

Poor Dylan.  He gets a bad edit during the lie detector test, and even savvy Previously.tv members fall for it.

The crux of Andi's little manufactured drama with Josh was that a couple of the other guys declared their "love" <<eyeroll>> and he wouldn't, no matter how many times she told him to state his feelings.  Ick.  

I don't see them lasting long.

Playing with dirty pigeons - nasty!  What were they thinking?

Considering he's the next bachelor, according to RS, we're not getting to know Chris much.  So far he seems extremely dull.

Edited by Jillybean
So many times last night I saw her with her Grumpy Cat face on and then it was like she remembered that it's not an attractive look and she'd immediately put on her happy face even if there was nothing to be happy about.

What's really strange to me is she put's it on when someone is saying how much they love her or how awesome she is.  It goes with her "Awww." Just when we might expect a pleased smile and a, "Thank you,"  we get a reaction that would be more appropriate if he was showing her his infected toe from wearing flip flops through  streets paved with pigeon doodle.

I was about to congratulate Andi for finally wearing clothing in which her boobs were not overly-exposed to the world in general -- and then I notice her "riding pants" on her date with Cody. Not only was the material stuck in her butt crack (as was the case with her shorts get-up), but her "mound" area (trying to be discreet) between her legs was so overly pronounced that I actually gasped. What's next? Crotchless pants in Belgium?

I know!  At first glance I thought those pants were just so much fresh wet spray tan.  Then she followed up with another side boob number for the rose ceremony.

Not to defend Josh at all, but I don't think he was upset that the show had them taking a polygraph test. I think he was upset that Andi chose him for this particular date. I think he interpreted this as Andi not having trust in him since this had been brought up as a topic before between the two of them so he took this as a sign that he was personally selected for that group date for those very reasons and he didn't like that. I have no idea whether it's because he has something to hide or whether it's because he has had bad experiences with past girlfriends who didn't trust him (which, if you're not doing anything wrong, is something that is very draining and taxing to deal with). However, I think Andi saw it as the first scenario and became concerned as to why he was upset over the idea of taking a polygraph. Regardless, those two have a really bad dynamic. It's the early stages of their relationship and they're already acting like a dysfunctional couple.

I felt bad about the hand washing question that Dylan was shown answering because my guess is that he paused because he realized he couldn't say he never went without washing his hands so he tried to do the "right" thing and answer truthfully by including any past scenario where he might have skipped it. I also felt bad for them showing the answer to the question about sleeping with over 20 women. However, and I realize this is easier to understand when you're sitting at home on the couch watching this train wreck, with all of the non-Andi related questions the guys really should have lied. You can dismiss it as an inaccurate result (especially since it's non-consequential) and you can always explain those "lies" later on to Andi as not wanting to embarrass yourself or your family on national television. It's the questions about Andi and a relationship with her in particular that they needed to be concerned about passing in a positive light.

Any bets as to whether they'll reveal some of the results at the Men Tell All show?

• Love 3
(edited)

I found some of the polygraph questions rather intrusive.  I think asking, “How many women have you slept with?” was really out of line.  There would be an outcry if the ladies on the Bachelor were asked how many men they’d slept with.  It appears as if receiving the first impression rose went to Nick’s head, because he seems to think he has this thing in the bag.  If I were in Andi’s position, Chris and Marcus would be F2.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 2

Not to get too sidetracked by the lie detector thing, but as a guy, I have to say that the % of men who don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom is MUCH lower than 80%.  I work in a large Class A office building, and the great majority of us wash up every time.  Granted, maybe some of these guys are only washing up because there are others of us there, and they don't want to look like a slob, but I still think 80% is really high.

A small % of men do the whole "scrub with soap and water" thing after "#1", which seems like overkill to me, but whatever.

On the other hand, a female co-worker of mine once told me that her husband and son never lifted the seat when going #1, so she always has to wash the seat before sitting down.  She thought this was normal.  I told her that was the most disgusting thing I'd heard of, and was in no way "normal" behavior.

Back to the subject at hand, I enjoy anything about The Bachelorette that shakes up the status quo and makes these wannabee actors/"personalities" nervous and off-their-game.  

Uncertainty = more fun for the viewers!

• Love 1
(edited)
I felt bad about the hand washing question that Dylan was shown answering because my guess is that he paused because he realized he couldn't say he never went without washing his hands so he tried to do the "right" thing and answer truthfully by including any past scenario where he might have skipped it.

That's true, and it's even possible that he answered differently and was edited to to look like he said he didn't wash his hands after using the bathroom. We'll never know, unless he denies having said it on the Men Tell All. Regardless, forevermore he will be known to me as "Mr. Pee Pee Hands" (TM whoever coined that upthread). 

Edited by violetr
  • Love 1

Someone mentioned before about lie detector tests leaving no room for explanation, which I think is true ...however I think the idea was that the answers would start important conversations. Because Andi didn't open the envelope we are left with whatever answers they edited together (whether they're real or a product of editing) and no discussion about them after. If Andi had read the responses poor Dylan could have maybe avoid his wonderful new nickname.

I have a new blog post about this episode over at my blog...Spoiler Alert: I love the idea of a lie detector test :)

http://wp.me/p4GNJj-eX

They could have had some interesting conversations about the questions even though (or especially because) Andi didn't open the envelope (which was great judgment on the spur of the moment, if it was really her choice to make. She probably didn't know the questions and could have asked about them, or which ones they didn't like or....?  Their questions seemed much more intrusive than hers--and there were more of them. "3 people lied 3 times" I admit, I was curious!

• Love 1