Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: The Truth Comes Out

• Start Topic

On 6/20/2019 at 1:59 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I hear you, but my bigger issue is:  Your husband wants some time away from you.  So what do you do?  Respect his wishes.  If my hubby was at his hunting cabin and wanted to be alone, which happens a lot*, I don't contact him. I respect his space.  I agree demanding an apology was not the main reason she went, she is, however, like a record skipping on the whole "I want an apology World Tour 2019" deal.

*= My hubby could go to his hunting cabin, with zero electricity and running water, and stay there for 30 days in a row, without talking/communicating with anyone and be perfectly happy.  A weekly check in with me via text and he would be good to go.  Then again I am fairly confident he is not getting grinded on my some girl, lol.  

I think the difference is that when your husband goes to his hunting cabin he is in the same country and has a way to come back home quickly. Pedro bought a one way ticket to another country. Chantal had every right to go down there. Her husband is with his family who is encouraging him to cheat with no return date in sight. I don't understand his whole if you want to be with me you need to get along and apologize to my family. She is not married to them, she is married to him. As long as she can be cordial to them she doesn't need to be best friends with them to be married to him. His mother wasn't helping things nor was his sister. If someone told me they would beat up my whole family I would get defensive too. If his horrible sister told me I didn't deserve him those would be fighting words. Chantal has every right to know when her husband is coming home.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Probably cuz she pooped in it. Not uncommon.

Listen, if that's the case, so be it, no shame and glad they moved to the bed.  It's not like she gave birth on the toilet like Josh Duggar's wife. 

On 6/19/2019 at 5:10 PM, Elizzikra said:

She's short and seatbelts hit short people right under the jaw. I often hold it out as a passenger too - the nylon irritates my neck.

Y'all all need to get a Loopo. 

https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/traveling-loopo-seat-belt-tension-adjuster-2-pack/

I've been using them for decades.  Mine is the original version, which has a slider thing instead of the little screw thing to tighten it, so I can't swear the current version will work as well as mine does.  But I never drive or ride without using it, and every time I'm in someone else's car being strangled by a seat belt, I wonder, "Why didn't I remember to bring a Loopo?"

5 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Had to look it up because I thought Libby said she had to learn more Romanian. Turns out the two languages are the same. Learn something new everyday and I sure hope this comes up in a trivia question sometime I will crush the competition.

I'd suggest that you prepare a lie in case someone asks, "How in the world do you know that?" 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Not to get too off, but, I have seen prosecutors subpoena victims as witnesses and they do not give you a choice about it.  Refusal is not really your option.  The judge will instruct you to answer the questions.  It's not like you are being charged and have the right to remain silent. And, they'll use the officers' observations, excited utterances are admissible and any admissions from the defendant, photographs, etc.  I guess different jurisdictions handle it differently, but, letting violence go on unchecked by spouses only perpetuates the problem.  Generally, victims of domestic violence are not the best people to make determinations about prosecution.  

I wonder if they would go to those extremes with an uncooperative victim, when there were apparently no significant injuries.  

Personally, I think victims should be able decide whether or not they want to press charges.  If some guy punched Colt really hard, in the face, in a bar, Colt could choose not to press charges.  But, if his wife, hits him one tenth as hard, after he might have to some extent provoked her, he has no choice but to testify against her?

1 minute ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'd suggest that you prepare a lie in case someone asks, "How in the world do you know that?" 

LOL!  "I minored in Eastern European Languages in college."  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I wonder if they would go to those extremes with an uncooperative victim, when there were apparently no significant injuries.  

Personally, I think victims should be able decide whether or not they want to press charges.  If some guy punched Colt really hard, in the face, in a bar, Colt could choose not to press charges.  But, if his wife, hits him one tenth as hard, after he might have to some extent provoked her, he has no choice but to testify against her?

I think the theory is that domestic violence is not just a personal problem.  It affects neighbors, the police, extended family members, and society as a whole.  Often police and prosecutor policies are developed because the victim is suffering from PTSD or is intimidated.  If the victim has the control to prosecute or not, they may feel pressured by the abuser. They are often caught up in the abuser saying sorry, they believe it, it continues, wash, rinse, repeat.   If they have no say so, then, the abuser cannot coerce them into staying silent as easily.  A seemingly minor episode can turn deadly.  Often when a spouse is murdered, a prior police call has been made about the abuser.  Early intervention, might have helped. Violence often escalates over time.  

• Love 10
On 6/19/2019 at 5:21 PM, Kareem said:

This.  I call it the seatbelt/decapitation device. I may not fly out of the car but I will lose my head.  

That's what I think ALL the time in the current car I drive!! It drives me crazy! I drove a truck for years and while that seatbelt hit me weird as well, not nearly as bad as this small SUV I'm currently driving. I'm constantly thinking that I'm going to be decapitated if i get in an accident. 

9 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I apologize if I missed this -- but I've been confused about Colt and Larissa's last fight -- did a neighbor call the cops? Why did they come kicking the door down? I don't find it hard to believe that Colt could incite that kind of rage in someone. I get all stabby just watching his passive aggressiveness on TV.  The tone of his voice, his expressions when he speaks to her. I'd go postal on him in about 2 minutes. 

All these couples are giving me headaches. 

If I remember correctly in real-time. She posted that she was locked in the bathroom and really scared and somehow got a message out to a friend in LV that colt had cut off her phone so she didn't have any way to communicate with anyone.  Now how she got word out to someone after it had been cut off-- who knows.  But you have to be a real dickhead to shut off even the wifi. Let her pout in the bathroom all she wants.  I think she claimed she was terrified of him so she locked herself in the bathroom. 

11 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Y'all all need to get a Loopo. 

https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/traveling-loopo-seat-belt-tension-adjuster-2-pack/

I've been using them for decades.  Mine is the original version, which has a slider thing instead of the little screw thing to tighten it, so I can't swear the current version will work as well as mine does.  But I never drive or ride without using it, and every time I'm in someone else's car being strangled by a seat belt, I wonder, "Why didn't I remember to bring a Loopo?"

I've had similar items in the past... I didn't find them super convenient either but then when I accidentally threw them away I was cursing myself when i got annoyed with my seat belt again. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:
17 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

and answer in fluent Romanian/Moldovian of course! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Confession: I feel low-key rage every time I see this abusive, rude, irrational fŬcker Andrei on my screen.

I want to kick him in the nuts every time he opens his mouth. I don't know how Libby's dad keeps his composure.  I got the impression Andreiiiiii's dad is very familiar with his son's temper. He wasn't exactly defending Andrei, he was basically telling him he needs to work it out with her family. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Drogo said:

"You could've been killed, she could've been arrested."

The difference is that 50% of that sentence actually happened and the other 50% is the dumbest shit anyone ever said.

How so? Five cops did a SWAT bust through the door with their guns drawn because people were calling claiming that Larissa was in danger. You clearly have more faith for the cops than I do, and if I'm remembering the police report correctly, they were pissed that she caused a swatting situation that could have resulting in someone being shot. Since Larissa was the one screaming, she probably would have been the one shot, though.

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree with Debbie about Larrissa.  I'd also fear that she's eventually going to really hurt someone and then, it'll be too late.  A common excuse for violent and abusive behavior is for them to claim that someone ELSE made them do it.  Thank goodness, she doesn't have her kids.  She doesn't seem stable.  In most states, you aren't allowed to go around the other spouse, once released from jail pending domestic violence charges. So, her returning home immediately........that's crazy.  They are not taking this violence issue seriously enough.  A lot of people die because of this.  I wish they would not consider it entertainment. 

After the arrest shown in this episode, Larissa's friend and/or that Instagram person who posted as an insider/Larissa's friend said that her attorney told Colt not to appear at the trial since he hadn't been subpoenaed and to not show up to post the bond himself if he didn't want to cooperate. The way the posts were worded didn't sound right, like I couldn't see her attorney telling him to not cooperate but then realized there was probably an automatic restraining order that they were violating. If this happened before the first one had been disposed of they probably both would have been in trouble. 

Larissa brought this arrest on all by herself by posting to her Instagram asking her followers for help. She didn't ask them to call the cops but since it was so erratic and she's not a native English speaker, people thought she was in danger. I think she was in a manic phase and it wouldn't have been over when she talked to the police.

3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I still don't understand why didn't Colt open the door when the police came. I've seen that scenario on "Cops" all the time, the police pound on the door, tell you to "open up" and give you fair warning before breaking down the door but only if you don't answer. Why didn't he cooperate especially if, as he claims, HE did nothing wrong? 

One of the tabloids released the police report, probably Radar. When the cops arrived and knocked on the door, Colt and Larissa were in their bedroom on the third floor and Larissa was screaming at him, I'm sure he was yellng, too, but when Larissa gets worked up she gets louder and Colt shuts down.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being sloth and 10 being batshit crazy, Colt's normal is a 4 and Larissa is a 7. I think the fact she was higher strung than him is part of his attraction to her. Anyway, when she gets worked up she hits a 9 and when Colt gets worked up he drops to a 2 and softens his voice, which is extremely maddening.

Larissa needs serious mental health help but fuck it all; Colt tried to buy a woman so he can just take the physical abuse and pay out several hundred dollars if he wants his wife to have sex with him. He may be a weirdo but he's a weirdo in an abusive relationship that his mother is blamed for by his wife. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

If I remember correctly in real-time. She posted that she was locked in the bathroom and really scared and somehow got a message out to a friend in LV that colt had cut off her phone so she didn't have any way to communicate with anyone.  Now how she got word out to someone after it had been cut off-- who knows.  But you have to be a real dickhead to shut off even the wifi. Let her pout in the bathroom all she wants.  I think she claimed she was terrified of him so she locked herself in the bathroom. 

Ah, I think your post helped me figure out how she posted the social media messages while her phone was deactivated.  

Colt probably didn't think to turn off the wifi or change the password, so she probably went online with her phone through wifi.   If she had What's Ap she also could have made calls and sent texts over WiFi.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Christina said:

How so? Five cops did a SWAT bust through the door with their guns drawn because people were calling claiming that Larissa was in danger. You clearly have more faith for the cops than I do, and if I'm remembering the police report correctly, they were pissed that she caused a swatting situation that could have resulting in someone being shot. Since Larissa was the one screaming, she probably would have been the one shot, though.

There was a non zero chance that Colt could have been killed, but it was very small.  If he reacted stupidly and did something like reaching for his waistband instead of showing his hands, he might have been shot.  

Given what a squirrelly idiot he is, he would probably be at higher risk than most of doing something stupid and getting shot.  But it is still unlikely.

There might have been a better chance of crazy Larissa getting shot as she attacked or threatened the cops.

• Love 5

Sorry I missed the live chat! Before reading your wonderful thoughts of this week…

Why would someone cut through a screen in the way that screen was cut? How bizarre. I have no interest in Colt and Larissa because it’s ancient history how. But LOL to “Coltee is a cheapee man.” He’s also a fat, slovenly, disgusting looking weirdo. “He broke my rights.” The one liners this week are epic.

Barbers are like bartenders. They see nothing and know nothing. I’m dead shocked that these barbers would spill the tea on Jay.  And we get to watch Ashley again wonder why he did this? Once again, because he’s 20 and a player. Oh, and because you were stupid enough to believe that a 20 year old would settle down.

I’m getting tired of the Chantel show. Sounds like the perfect set up: tell Chantel that it was a set up but then say “but I don’t think Pedro knew about it.” It reeks of pure bs. If this guy was any kind of friend to Chantel, he would have told her this a long time ago. I’m just not buying any of this.

Ha. Libby thinks that having his father will make Andrei feel more like himself. Um, himself has not changed one iota from the day we met him. So Libby is concerned because Andrei tells tales to his father about the family Libby but Libby carries tales about Andrei to her family and that’s okay? “Don’t sabotage me over $600 bucks” is this week’s “Don’t terrorize me with your pregnancy.”  We’re all adults, says the unemployed Andrei, who commands Libby to go back his bag. And she does it?!?!?!?! This is what happens when a woman is so desperate to be married that she settles for someone completely unsuitable in exchange for not being alone. I wonder if Libby’s sister was stuck in NY and depressed or whatever, if Andrei would have been so keen on dropping six hundred bucks on a plane ticket. Wow, for someone who has not seen their parent in over a year and flew to NY to surprise them, the greeting was pretty weak. What culture is dad seeing in the airport that is shocking? I like the father. He seems very rational and calm. Andrei, on the other hand is just a pure asshole.

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Ah, I think your post helped me figure out how she posted the social media messages while her phone was deactivated.  

Colt probably didn't think to turn off the wifi or change the password, so she probably went online with her phone through wifi.   If she had What's Ap she also could have made calls and sent texts over WiFi.

So then once her call for help was out he then shut off the wifi?  Is that what we think happened? 

I remember seeing posts that her friend was legit scared for her. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

The question I have is how did the one who locked themselves in the bathroom, apparently out of fear, and had their phone turned off, end up arrested?

Me too.  And what is the deal with turning off/confiscating her phone?  IIRC, his taking her phone was the impetus for all three? both?   He *knows* this will send her right over the edge, yet he pretends to be upset and sorry when she is arrested for behavior apparently linked to having her only means of communicating with someone other than Coltie is snatch away from her.

I don't blame her for wanting to get a job.  Remember, Coltie and Debbie bought all her clothes for her before she got to the US.  What a hellish situation she is in--and I'm not really a fan at all.  Coltie told her he would buy her whatever she wanted so long as Debbie went along. 

And what kind of hair styling costs over $200?  I'm guessing it has to do with extensions?  I can't drum up much sympathy for that, but I'm an old lady whose idea of going to the hair salon involves a trip to Super Cutz.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Christina said:

How so? Five cops did a SWAT bust through the door with their guns drawn because people were calling claiming that Larissa was in danger. You clearly have more faith for the cops than I do

Police kick in doors when it's reported that someone's in danger and no one's answering the door.  They draw their weapons in a hostile situation, per protocol.  Guns drawn ≠ guns blazing. 

It's not like police show up unannounced, you can see and hear them a mile away.  When you're having a domestic dispute and you hear sirens approaching, get to the door before they kick the fucker in- go outside and put your hands up while you speak to them.  Colt's just useless at life.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

Yes!  He had his hands under the baby's neck & head!  She has less control over ther baby's head when she grabbed him from Rousss.   And... what makes her such an expert?  Because she gave birth?  She is the youngest so it's not even like she helped to raise her siblings.  

All I saw of Mother Pao during the whole birth was standing at the door,  watching in fear.  I wonder if they called Family Rouss after the birth. 

So much for the birthing pool & candle ambience.  I think Pao thought her birth would be like she has seen on TV, a loving,  romantic moment while Rouss lovingly holds her hand while she lays back in her pool of water,  looking sexy while gently pushing. 

Axl....I immediately think of Axl Rose from Guns 'n Rose's.  

Axel was covered in blood like Carrie at the prom.

44 minutes ago, politichick said:

Kendall snitched because Jay "disrespected" his shop. I don't think he would have told on him otherwise.

I agree. They have a business to run. Customers not being able to use the restroom after a hair cut etc because Jay was having sex (of any type) is bad for business. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Pao and Roose- She gave birth on camera, because OF COURSE SHE DID.  She's an attention whore and was probably hoping everyone would see her large jugs and vajay.  I love how her mom was like: I don't approve, I can't do anything.  I'm going to my room, bye.

Libby and Andrei- can we get rid of them and just film his dad traveling around the US sampling food?

Chantel and Pedro- the only thing more stupider than her and him are her parents.  Her mom basically called her a stupid American. And they don't need to act like they are any better; they are harvesting the American dollar all the way to a spin off and probably encouraged Chantel to marry a foreigner so they could be on the show to begin with.

Jay and Trashly- She said if Jesus told her himself that Jay was cheating she wouldn't care so why is she so upset now?

Colt and Larrissa- when was this filmed?  The other tell all was last Nov. and Debbie was going on and on with how proud she was of fiesty Larrissa.  Was that before or after she sliced Debbie's screen.

I'm glad Nickel isn't getting paid the full amount because she wasn't in like 2 episodes.  Good for you , TLC.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Colt and Larrissa- when was this filmed?  The other tell all was last Nov. and Debbie was going on and on with how proud she was of fiesty Larrissa.  Was that before or after she sliced Debbie's screen.

I’ll post my theory about this on their board 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Pedro is clearly heartbroken. It makes me feel even worse for him. Chantel and her her horrible family are just loving being on TV. Chantel certainly loves it a hell of a lot more than she ever loved Pedro.

Pedro must not be too heartbroken, and his family must be loving being on tv too, since they all signed on to have their own spinoff show on TLC.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Lemur said:

-Obed for being a complete and TOTAL let down.  C'mon man, either you have the goods on the "scam" or you don't.  All you did was gossip.  Also, your tale doesn't make much sense.  A friend of the Family Pedro set Pedro up with the first American to come along via Spanish immersion?  Too many variables.  It couldn't happen that way he says without Pedro's complicity.

Yeah, that was a huge let down. Always hate it when they show a preview that makes it look like we are gonna get something really juicy, and it turns out to be nothing big.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Lemur said:

-Andrei's Pops because Andrei's sense of entitlement and lack of manners had to come from *somewhere*.  Also, he's gonna be there for two months?  While a baby is coming? And they're broke?  That's a veritable conflict machine.  

For real!  It might not a good idea to have an in-law living with you for that long when you already have countless marital issues. Or to have anybody living with you, for that matter...but especially an in-law.

• Love 4

Ugh, jay and Ashley are just so messy, I can't.  Jay is messiest of course, because why are you going to put your friends in the middle of your extra marital affairs..... especially if you're going to be indiscreet and having this girl chat you up all over social media?  Why would you put your friends in that position?  Not to mention how full on shitty it is to have loud sex in their place of business...where they practice their profession.  The disrespect and the messiness!  And he gets not a single pass because he is 20, and I won't buy any family members trying to minimize that....it is disrespectful and messy and he is lucky that guy didn't beat his ass.

And then Ashley putting Jay's friends in the middle of their business.  I get the feeling that she has been hounding them nonstop since she read the comments on social media because she doesn't have a grown up relationships where she can get answers.  Instead of just telling jay like "hey you know what, you don't want to tell me?  Fine, I'm done" she probably called that shop 17 billion times and they just told her to get her off their back.  

I just think it's weird and messy to put these people in such uncomfortable situations.  Those guys didn't owe her any answers, and if she can't trust jay....as she should not trust jay....time to let him go.

I also like how Ashley who is 32 can be "manipulated" by jay, but every other woman should be totally immune to his lies and manipulation.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I kind of sympathize with Larissa.  Every time I see Colt, I want to punch him the face. 

I kid, I kid.  Domestic violence is wrong!  Stay in school! 

I kind of agree.  The fact that she has made a studious effort to avoid talking to him or seeing him makes me think that he has been gaslighting and pushing her buttons and then doing that Alfred neuman "who, me?" when the cops show up.  But of course Colt won't let Larissa leave him alone....oh no....not that.

I don't think colt is some misunderstood victim who just calmly keeps trying with Larissa.  I think Larissa wants to stay out of jail, and the most she knows is that interacting with Colt leads to situations where she ends up arrested so she is trying to avoid engaging.

They are married, why isn't she allowed to work yet?  And LOL at her plans having very little to do with him.  She probably should have held back until she got her green card 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
10 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Larissa seems like a nut case, but I also think Colt deliberately triggers her.  Him shutting off her phone when she was locked in the bathroom (I think that is how I heard it), seems like a provocative act by a control freak, who wants to cut her off from the world.  

I can't stand either of them.  She wants $240 for a haircut, when he doesn't have $1,000 for bail?  It would have been funny if he didn't have the $200 for her bail bond because the spent it at the hairdresser.

Her rummaging through her MILs drawers offended me more than her hitting Colt.  That said, I haven't watched that much of them, and I'm not sure it Colt uses his passive aggressive crap as a defense mechanism or as an offensive weapon.   

OK?  But how would that be any more embarrassing than the photo of him lounging that you posted?

Until i see the receipts I take Debbie's words with a grain of salt.  I also thought she had a downstairs bedroom.  I vaguely remember going in there and slamming the door.  Which I felt kinda made sense.  Who wants to hear their son having sex?  My parents specifically built a guest house for that reason.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Why doesn’t Ashley understand that immigrants just want to fuck random holes?  Put yourself in his shoes for a minute already.  Sheesh.

Ha, I love this typo!

Jay is gross and he is probably swimming in STDs because a girl willing to fuck you in a barber shop restroom is not a discerning woman.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 6
Just now, RealReality said:

Until i see the receipts I take Debbie's words with a grain of salt.  I also thought she had a downstairs bedroom.  I vaguely remember going in there and slamming the door.  Which I felt kinda made sense.  Who wants to hear their son having sex?  My parents specifically built a guest house for that reason.

Isn’t it a three level where she is on the second floor and Coltie and his weird computer room annex is on the third?

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Ha, I love this typo!

Jay is gross and he is probably swimming in STDs because a girl willing to fuck you in a barber shop restroom is not a discerning woman.

Sadly it wasn’t a typo.  He is indiscriminate regarding dark moist places.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, BravoAddict72 said:

I think the difference is that when your husband goes to his hunting cabin he is in the same country and has a way to come back home quickly. Pedro bought a one way ticket to another country. Chantal had every right to go down there. Her husband is with his family who is encouraging him to cheat with no return date in sight. I don't understand his whole if you want to be with me you need to get along and apologize to my family. She is not married to them, she is married to him. As long as she can be cordial to them she doesn't need to be best friends with them to be married to him. His mother wasn't helping things nor was his sister. If someone told me they would beat up my whole family I would get defensive too. If his horrible sister told me I didn't deserve him those would be fighting words. Chantal has every right to know when her husband is coming home.

Chantal is always crowing about the importance of family togetherness, but never quite seems willing to go the extra mile to even try to make that happen with Pedro's family.

IIRC, Pedro apologized for the fight he never started during the reunion and mama Chantal refused to apologize for anything.  Another effort on Pedro's part with nothing from Chantal or her family, but with Chantals continued insistence that family togetherness is important so Pedro should show up at Thanksgiving because maybe river's aim is better this time.

Her thinking that something is shady because Pedro was going to spend time with his family when that is what he came to the DR to do is silly.  She has plenty of opportunity to make him miserable in the United States where he spends 95% of his time and can't see or visit with his family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Drogo said:

He was wearing Debbie's clothes at the time and dancing to Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up."

Off topic, but is it his birthday?  I was watching last week tonight (?) with Jon Oliver and he played the song like 5 times.  I haven't heard a peep about Rick astley since the 80s and now he is coming up everywhere!

• Love 1
On 6/19/2019 at 8:40 AM, iwasish said:

Obed is obviously loving his moment in the spotlight... a little too much. And the TLC editors are playing games with what he says.

Yeah, he was really trying to milk it to the full 15 minutes.  Will he ever explain why he couldn't tell her that over the phone?

And what the hell kind of smoking gun I that?  "Things were weird, I heard they did something and then my boyfriend broke up with me.....also I have no idea what this business is?"

I wonder if he is worried about getting sued which is why he peppered everything with "I heard" and "I think" because as thirsty as he was for camera time he should have made up something juicier.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 6/19/2019 at 1:02 PM, magemaud said:

I'm sure there would be somebody at an airport the size of JFK who could help Anddrrei's father get on his Tampa flight, especially if he had 9 hours to make the connection. Plus, what difference did it make how long he had to lay over, his original plan was to change planes in NY anyway. 

Sadly, based on what I've seen, I kind of agree with Andrei.  If his dad has never really flown internationally, JFK can be daunting, even for an American who speaks the language.  I mean he seems impressed by all the opulence of the diner in the middle of nowhere, so he may not be one of those guys that is savvy enough to find someone to help him or as a naturally quiet guy he may not want to ask or make a scene or "bother " anyone.

If he even spoke a really popular language.  And he doesn't answer his phone which means he probably isn't adept at using the translator app like karine and Paul.

If he were my dad id be a little scared for him.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Good point, Andrei’s dad seems very innocent and might be totally overwhelmed getting through Customs and most likely have to change terminals for his domestic flight. His phone might not even work in the US and he probably doesn’t have any American money. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Was I the only one who gave side eye to Pao for being completely naked for that whole scene? Imagine how many people were in that room: production, camera crew, etc...and she is laying there completely exposed to all of them. I get that there is little modesty during childbirth;  it is childbirth, after all. Put a top on or at least cover up the upper body with a blanket or towel. Maybe I am old fashioned though.

Edited by Hannah94
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I have new respect for Roos delivering that baby.  However Pao misjudged his involvement and potential ramifications of it.  He used to view that region as some espicy Latina pie but now when he looks at it he will see a crowning head, blood and baby limbs.  You can’t unsee it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, magemaud said:

Azan sighting! Can’t wait! 

0E33A038-E5F2-4C87-AFEA-5FD3E51D799C.jpeg

LOL, he looks like he is in hiding....how much did TLC have to pay him to take her call?

16 hours ago, zenme said:

Andrei’s Father seems like a sweet man. Where’s his mother, and what is/was she like?  I felt uncomfortable for him to have to watch the bickering. 

I thought it was nice that Andrei wanted to fly to NYC to help his father. He was really worried  for him, and I think Andrei would’ve paid $1200 to get his dad safely to Tampa.  It would’ve been nice if he had the money to purchase the tickets without going into debt. I hope this humbled Andrei into realizing he has to do jobs he doesn’t want in order to keep his family afloat. Who am I kidding? This is Andrei the Neanderthal we’re talking about...

His mother must be like 10 feet tall and angry, because his dad seems so little and thoughtful and sweet.

I kinda imagine him as some Romanian mafia enforcer.

16 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

Best part of the whole episode, when Chantal was talking with her parents & told them how mean Mother Pedro was to her & said mean things about her family,  Mother Chantal tells her that Mother Pedro is jealous because  "she wants to be me."!  

LOL, Lidia isn't jealous of your tiny hats and mama Chantal isn't jealous of your forever 21 finery.

15 hours ago, renatae said:

In the preview, Pedro's nasty sister is gleefully tormenting Chantel with a video of him bumping and grinding that thirsty friend of theirs, who seems to be the same chick sitting on top of him while Nicole waves around the evidence. And he says nothing to stop her.

I think there is a good chance Pedro is surprised as hell and had no idea that Nicole had really set him up.  He was drunk as hell when he was doing that, and while a camera crew was there I imagine he thought he'd have time to explain it or it wouldn't be worth explaining because they would be divorced.

I knew Nicole hates Chantal and thinks her hair is ugly, but damn that you want to get back so bad that you would do that to your brother?  That seems cold.

Id be surprised if i were him.  I also wonder under what circumstances obed and Nicole show up when Pedro said he was going to spend time with his family?  Is this going to be some sort of surprise drop in?

I can't think of any reason to bring obed (besides his thirst to be on camera) because he literally appears to know nothing.

14 hours ago, Drogo said:

"You could've been killed, she could've been arrested."

The difference is that 50% of that sentence actually happened and the other 50% is the dumbest shit anyone ever said.

And now Debbie has a brand new reason why she can never, ever leave baby bird Colt home alone again!

11 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

I just saw the sneak peek preview of The Family Chantel. Oh joy - both families meeting again in DR, Pedro asking a lawyer to help get his mother to USA, Chantel confronting the girl who did the bump and grind with Pedro, threats of violence between both moms, Chantel’s sisters’ love life, and her boobs looking even more larger!? 

Thank you for that summary.  I look forward to reading the snark as I will not be watching.

10 hours ago, LGGirl said:

If you rewatch the conversation the two you of them had after the fight, Larissa did allude to Colt being possessive.  The question I have is how did the one who locked themselves in the bathroom, apparently out of fear, and had their phone turned off, end up arrested?   Coltee must had told a good tale.   JMPO, I think he gaslights her and causes her to lose it.   He loves having the power and torturing her.   

I’m curious, too, to how Debbie’s screen was torn.  If Colt didn’t have a hand in it, he would have thrown Larissa under the bus.  

Oh I'll bet you Colt had a very sensible story and told it in the calmest and most reasonable tone imaginable.  Colt has no problem blaming Larissa for things so the fact that he is in any way apologetic after the fact tells me he knows he isn't in the clear.  And the fact that Larissa is going out of her way to avoid him and not engage tells me something as well.

8 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

There was a non zero chance that Colt could have been killed, but it was very small.  If he reacted stupidly and did something like reaching for his waistband instead of showing his hands, he might have been shot.  

Given what a squirrelly idiot he is, he would probably be at higher risk than most of doing something stupid and getting shot.  But it is still unlikely.

The beauty if colt is that I think he is most unsquirrley in these situations.  Larissa is the one who is upset and probably yelling about something and acting crazy.  So they are faced with an angry kinda crazy woman who they can barely understand.  And calm Colt who "didn't do anything wrong and was just trying to talk through their problems ..". And guess who ends up arrested.

Given Larissa's temper, it's more likely she would get tased or shot.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

LOL, he looks like he is in hiding....how much did TLC have to pay him to take her call?

His mother must be like 10 feet tall and angry, because his dad seems so little and thoughtful and sweet.

I kinda imagine him as some Romanian mafia enforcer.

LOL, Lidia isn't jealous of your tiny hats and mama Chantal isn't jealous of your forever 21 finery.

I think there is a good chance Pedro is surprised as hell and had no idea that Nicole had really set him up.  He was drunk as hell when he was doing that, and while a camera crew was there I imagine he thought he'd have time to explain it or it wouldn't be worth explaining because they would be divorced.

I knew Nicole hates Chantal and thinks her hair is ugly, but damn that you want to get back so bad that you would do that to your brother?  That seems cold.

Id be surprised if i were him.  I also wonder under what circumstances obed and Nicole show up when Pedro said he was going to spend time with his family?  Is this going to be some sort of surprise drop in?

I can't think of any reason to bring obed (besides his thirst to be on camera) because he literally appears to know nothing.

And now Debbie has a brand new reason why she can never, ever leave baby bird Colt home alone again!

Thank you for that summary.  I look forward to reading the snark as I will not be watching.

Oh I'll bet you Colt had a very sensible story and told it in the calmest and most reasonable tone imaginable.  Colt has no problem blaming Larissa for things so the fact that he is in any way apologetic after the fact tells me he knows he isn't in the clear.  And the fact that Larissa is going out of her way to avoid him and not engage tells me something as well.

The beauty if colt is that I think he is most unsquirrley in these situations.  Larissa is the one who is upset and probably yelling about something and acting crazy.  So they are faced with an angry kinda crazy woman who they can barely understand.  And calm Colt who "didn't do anything wrong and was just trying to talk through their problems ..". And guess who ends up arrested.

Given Larissa's temper, it's more likely she would get tased or shot.

I could see it being sort of like in Breaking Bad, when Skyler called the police and she looked crazy, while Walt looked like the perfect guy, making grilled cheese for Jr. and getting Baby Holly when she started to cry.   

I could see Colt saying things that seemed calm, reasonable and supportive, but were meant to set off Larissa (which isn't that difficult) and incriminate her.  

"I love my wife, I don't want her to go to jail, even if she assaulted me and tore up my Mother's house."   

• Love 10
(edited)
19 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Confession: I feel low-key rage every time I see this abusive, rude, irrational fŬcker Andrei on my screen.

Agreed.  I admit, I laughed at "Do not terrorize me with your pregnancy" but then asked myself why I despised Steven so much bc of the way he treated Olga but wasn't so bothered by Andrei.  I think it's because Libby is objectionable and has yelled "shut up" to him and her sisters are awful.  But Andrei is every bit as abusive and it shouldn't be acceptable just b/c Libby and her sisters are jerks.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

Sadly, based on what I've seen, I kind of agree with Andrei.  If his dad has never really flown internationally, JFK can be daunting, even for an American who speaks the language.  I mean he seems impressed by all the opulence of the diner in the middle of nowhere, so he may not be one of those guys that is savvy enough to find someone to help him or as a naturally quiet guy he may not want to ask or make a scene or "bother " anyone.

If he even spoke a really popular language.  And he doesn't answer his phone which means he probably isn't adept at using the translator app like karine and Paul.

Yeah, I agree,  Given his father's lack of travel experience and inability to speak English, not to mention his age, I think his flight troubles created a genuine crisis, and Andrrrrei did the right thing by going to get him.

That said, he was an ass for not being willing to take money from Libby's father.  If it is really an emergency,  swallow your pride and do what is right for your father.

Of course, it is probably semantics in the end.  Apparently they had enough credit limit to but the airline tickets, so they will deal with the financial implications in a month when the bill comes.  They might need to borrow from Father Libby at that point to pay the bill or the rent.   

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Yeah, I agree,  Given his father's lack of travel experience and inability to speak English, not to mention his age, I think his flight troubles created a genuine crisis, and Andrrrrei did the right thing by going to get him.

That said, he was an ass for not being willing to take money from Libby's father.  If it is really an emergency,  swallow your pride and do what is right for your father.

I totally get Andrei's position, but his execution... what shit.  Maybe try telling her how you feel and asking if she'd be okay with you going to meet him and a little "I know it's expensive, but please, this is really important to me" instead of "I'm going and that's it, find the money and that's it, go pack my bag."

It's as if someone told him Marvel's looking for a new Hulk.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
43 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

"I love my wife, I don't want her to go to jail, even if she assaulted me and tore up my Mother's house."   

Scary!

I thought it was random that Larissa cut Mother Coltee's bedroom window screen, if she really wanted to get to Mother Coltee I would have done something to that slot machine!

• Love 2
Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought it was random that Larissa cut Mother Coltee's bedroom window screen, if she really wanted to get to Mother Coltee I would have done something to that slot machine!

The slot machine's probably armed with explosives and a remote detonator.

Deb's phone:

349dop.jpg

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

I don't think colt is some misunderstood victim who just calmly keeps trying with Larissa.  I think Larissa wants to stay out of jail, and the most she knows is that interacting with Colt leads to situations where she ends up arrested so she is trying to avoid engaging.

Colt has to be one of the most manipulative and passive-aggressive motherf*ckers I've ever seen.  His cold and calm affect compared to Larissa's naturally shrill voice is very jarring, especially when she's still having trouble with speaking English and her word choices and pronunciations aren't always the best.  Colt totally plays up the "my wife is crazy, look at all I do for her and she punches me in the mouth".  

9 hours ago, RealReality said:

Okay, Moldovan is pretty much a Romanian-Russian hybrid courtesy of 200 years of a Romanian-speaking culture being a Russian client state.  If you think there aren't a dozen native Russian speakers who can at least roughly understand him at JFK at this very moment, have I got some news for you (and probably three Moldovan Uber drivers waiting by Terminal 1) ... plus the fact that it wasn't going to be a thing until he had a longer layover in JFK until his other flights got screwed up.  Andrei was perfectly okay with him getting off one plane and onto another at JFK, but freaked out about him having to spend a couple of hours waiting at a terminal.  I mean, I get it, but where was this concern months ago when he booked his international tickets?  And quite frankly, we don't know what is father is like.  We've seen him in isolated scenes played as a fish-out-of-water (or dog-up-a-tree, if you will) with Libby present aside from his reunion with his son.  

9 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I have new respect for Roos delivering that baby.  However Pao misjudged his involvement and potential ramifications of it.  He used to view that region as some espicy Latina pie but now when he looks at it he will see a crowning head, blood and baby limbs.  You can’t unsee it.

Yeah, what a sad miscalculation on Pao's part.  There's no going back.  

53 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I totally get Andrei's position, but his execution... what shit.  Maybe try telling her how you feel and asking if she'd be okay with you going to meet him and a little "I know it's expensive, but please, this is really important to me" instead of "I'm going and that's it, find the money and that's it, go pack my bag."

It's as if someone told him Marvel's looking for a new Hulk.

I honestly believe that 65% of Andrei's problem is that he's incapable of expressing his feelings, either due to a language barrier or a cultural distaste for discussing emotion.  The other 35%?  Hehehe. 

45 minutes ago, Drogo said:

The slot machine's probably armed with explosives and a remote detonator.

Deb's phone:

349dop.jpg

The slot machine is where she's holding all of Coltea's money. 

Edited by Lemur
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Pao and Roose- She gave birth on camera, because OF COURSE SHE DID.  She's an attention whore and was probably hoping everyone would see her large jugs and vajay.  I love how her mom was like: I don't approve, I can't do anything.  I'm going to my room, bye.

She barely gave birth and is already criticizing how Roos handles the baby. She is beyond controlling. Roos is in for a long, long, life of misery. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 13