Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: The Truth Comes Out

• Start Topic

Super fashionably late to the party.

Poor, poor long suffering Ashley. I can not muster up a mililiter of sympathy nor a single fuck to give. She made her bed. 

Libby thinks Undddrrrthei tells his dad too many stories. That's rich. She's sabotaging AND terrorizing now. She should just let the manly man spend 15 hours and $600 comforting his dad. I mean her father in law is "shooken up!" He seems like a really nice guy. I can't wait for the dads to meet. 

I really don't like Paola but I'm glad she got her natural birth. Too many moms are discouraged from doing so, ridiculed and told they will be begging for an epidural. 

Colt standing there looking like Pat from SNL feigning concern for Larissa is more than I want to deal with. 

Is Winter's middle name really 'Cky' like Sky with a C?????? I love how Chantel skypes her family and then says I don't wanna talk about anything. I guess that's an improvement though. 

Now I'm off to read 8 pages of comments and give out some late ass likes 😆

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Libby thinks Undddrrrthei tells his dad too many stories. That's rich. She's sabotaging AND terrorizing now.

I know - when she said that I was like, "Huh? YOU tell stories all the damn time to your sisters and dad....shut it."

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 6/25/2019 at 5:15 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I laughed at the idea that a broke asp Paul would waste money on flowers at the airport.  That's an extravagance that people stretching dollars don't indulge in.  But, maybe, flowers are cheap in that country.  

When he was asking the camera crew:  "Do they sell flowers here?  Do they? I have expected him to launch into:  "Well WHY THE HELL NOT?"  As that is just.....Paul.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/29/2019 at 9:02 AM, TwirlyGirly said:

Spousal privilege: one cannot be compelled to testify against one's spouse applies to domestic violence charges, too.

Libby said, as an aside, something about the money being needed to pay rent/bills, which to me made it sound like they did have the money in their account, but it was earmarked for the next round of rent/bills - IOW, they didn't use a credit card to pay for the ticket.

Nope. I worked for a major commercial airline for 22 years, and began my career as a Reservations Sales Agent. When you call an airline - any airline - using any phone number for that airline, you are speaking to a Reservations Sales Agent in one of their consolidated reservations offices. IOW, even if the number is a local number and listed as the phone number for that airline at the airport, you are not speaking to an agent at the airport.

That being said, Traveler's Aid - their existence or what they do - was never mentioned in our training when I was hired.

And, when I became a Reservations Sales Agent Instructor a decade later, Traveler's Aid wasn't a part of the curriculum.

90% of my students were kids 18-20 years old, who really didn't know what they wanted to do with their lives. So they thought working for an airline and sticking with it until they got their flight benefits at 6 months, taking a few trips, and then quitting to do something else, sounded like fun.

IOW, they weren't already seasoned travelers who would have known about Traveler's Aid from their own travel experience prior to getting hired, either.

Also, someone mentioned Andrei's father would have been entitled to hotel and meal vouchers. Not necessarily. His original ticketed flight from Istanbul to JFK was cancelled due to a mechanical issue, and I suspect he was rebooked on a flight on a different airline than the airline on which he was originally ticketed for that leg. (International flights are less frequent and an international airline wouldn't have two flights Istanbul to JFK leaving within a few hours of each other).

Therefore, it wouldn't be the responsibility of the airline he ultimately used to fly Istanbul to JFK to provide him with hotel/meal vouchers, it would be the responsibility of the airline he was ticketed for originally to provide them - if that carrier's rules allowed that. (International carriers vary as to whether they offer hotel/meal vouchers and under what circumstances they provide them).

So, if the carrier Andrei's father was originally ticketed on from Istanbul to JFK would have provided hotel/meal vouchers at JFK due to the cancellation of his flight, Andrei's dad would have had to have asked for those vouchers in Istanbul, at the time the airline was rebooking/reticketing him on another airline, or at the ticket counter for that airline (the airline on which he was originally ticketed) at JFK when he arrived - if their ticket counter was still open.

In my jurisdiction (NC), a spouse is both competent and compellable to testify for the state against their spouse, in matters of assault and communicating threats by the other spouse.  Not to beat the matter to death. Just saying. (Also in matters of child abuse.)

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

In my jurisdiction (NC), a spouse is both competent and compellable to testify for the state against their spouse, in matters of assault and communicating threats.  Not to beat the matter to death. Just saying. (Also in matters of child abuse.)

I stand corrected; NCGS 8-57 exempts invoking spousal privilege in domestic violence cases in North Carolina.

Nevada likewise exempts spousal privilege in domestic violence cases in NRS 49.225.

My apologies!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I stand corrected; NCGS 8-57 exempts invoking spousal privilege in domestic violence cases in North Carolina.

Nevada likewise exempts spousal privilege in domestic violence cases in NRS 49.225.

My apologies!

They can’t invoke spousal privilege in domestic violence and refuse to testify , but as happens in many cases, what they will say on the stand is a crapshoot.  They may deny what they originally told police about being assaulted. That’s why DV is one of the crimes cops hate to deal with. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 6/20/2019 at 2:07 PM, happy hobo said:

I disagree. I was born and raised about 75 miles away. Mechanicsburg might not be the 'big city' but it is very near Harrisburg AND the corridor to Baltimore and DC.  Contrary to TLC's depiction of the place, there are plenty of black/brown folk there and a good number of what used to be called 'mixed marriages'.  The town you are describing is 50's-80's PA. It is NOT 2019. 

I stayed the night in Carlisle, and took a Russian trucker I met at the hotel bar to this place called the Barbecue Tavern.  The hotel owners warned us it was full of biker and redneck “scum “, and that we would be assaulted.  Turns out the clientele was bikers, truckers, and working class people black, white, Hispanic, and some working girls. We had an awesome time.  Supercool people there. 

Pensyltucky, huh. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I stayed the night in Carlisle, and took a Russian trucker I met at the hotel bar to this place called the Barbecue Tavern.  The hotel owners warned us it was full of biker and redneck “scum “, and that we would be assaulted.  Turns out the clientele was bikers, truckers, and working class people black, white, Hispanic, and some working girls. We had an awesome time.  Supercool people there. 

Pensyltucky, huh. 

Your life sounds like fun!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Finally watched.

Re: Axl

I wonder how he will feel growing up knowing his birth, including his mother's naked body, were filmed and broadcast, and will be forever available to watch on the internet. 

I could see in Roos's face, in the TH's, after his son's birth, a look of despair. Deep down he knows that a baby is not going to fix anything... because the problem is Pao's personality. I have no sympathy for him though.... bed made and all that.

Why does Chantal's mother speak so strangely?  Its really weird and annoying. She speaks like she is talking to a toddler for whom English is a second language and is partially deaf.

• Love 6
(edited)
51 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Why does Chantal's mother speak so strangely?  Its really weird and annoying. She speaks like she is talking to a toddler for whom English is a second language and is partially deaf.

Chantel speaks like that, too, slow and measured cadences with strange random inflections. Both appear to be reading off of cue cards during their THs. 

edited to add: LIKE THEY'RE TALKING TO STUPID AMERICANS!!!

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Look at her children.  She has spent her whole life talking to a group of toddlers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/3/2019 at 2:01 PM, magemaud said:

Chantel speaks like that, too, slow and measured cadences with strange random inflections. Both appear to be reading off of cue cards during their THs. 

edited to add: LIKE THEY'RE TALKING TO STUPID AMERICANS!!!

Yes she does, I can't stand it! 

I don't know what they plan for their spinoff, but right now I'm not interested.

• Love 1

Super late here but wanted to add to the trucking/Andrei conversation.

My immigrant husband did long-haul trucking when he got here for three years. I wasn’t thrilled with the time apart (although I traveled with him some) but in the end he made good money with it and really improved his English skills. Absolutely you need some experience before you can get those home at night gigs. My husband was starting to try and get one after three years but a) he kinda sucks at driving b) he was burned out c) I’m going through a major health crisis where I need 24/7 caregiving. And yes, my parents are bankrolling us until it’s over but he proved himself to them (and me) for three years by doing a terribly difficult job he hated because that’s what he needed to do to support his family (I haven’t been working due to above mentioned health issues).

Andrei? Didn’t even try. He went to trucking school, spent the money and then completely abandoned the idea with no plan. Did he not know he would probably need to drive cross-country in the beginning? Why didn’t his school help him find a job like most do? Maybe he was such a shitty worker they didn’t even bother. I get there was an unexpected pregnancy in there (use birth control people!) but Libby seemed to want him in trucking so there’s no case of nagging wife. She probably figures he has very traditional attitudes about child-rearing so he wouldn’t be much help if he had a 9-5 job anyway so why not send him on the road so he can make good money?

Father Andrei is a dead ringer for my late father-in-law. Personality wise too. My husband cried when he saw him. Before he died we tried to get FIL here on a tourist visa and it didn’t work but if he had come over we never would’ve let him in JFK by himself. So I do sympathize about that. I think we would’ve planned his layovers better though. It was always the plan that if he had to fly to a non-home airport, hubby would meet him.

• Love 3

I really don't get Andrei....at least from what I've seen so far. He doesn't want any help from the wife's father yet they're living rent-free at one of the father's houses. He doesn't want to ask for nor accept a job his generous IMO father-in-law, as suggested by his wife, yet he's not working or helping to support the family financially....and to add insult to injury after studying or whatever for trucking which he wanted to do he's no longer wanting to do that after whatever money has been spent to so do? Ungrateful and stupid much? Lord put a hand. On top of which his wife is pregnant.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Jack Sparrow said:

I really don't get Andrei....at least from what I've seen so far. He doesn't want any help from the wife's father yet they're living rent-free at one of the father's houses. He doesn't want to ask for nor accept a job his generous IMO father-in-law, as suggested by his wife, yet he's not working or helping to support the family financially....and to add insult to injury after studying or whatever for trucking which he wanted to do he's no longer wanting to do that after whatever money has been spent to so do? Ungrateful and stupid much? Lord put a hand. On top of which his wife is pregnant.

I think it just comes down to Andrei believing:

Woman does what I say. I do what I want. The rules don't apply to me.

And of course, Libby went along because she was desperate to find a husband. She called him "traditional" and "old fashioned" to her family as she relayed that he runs the house  and she will defer to him on everything :: cue Ralph Kramden's King of the Castle speech::

She also has the luxury (?) of having a father who caves and pays for his adult child and her man child husband's expenses when they don't have money. Not sure if anything's changed there but the idea that an independent, working woman like Libby would bow down to Andrei's demands is just nauseating.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I think it just comes down to Andrei believing:

Woman does what I say. I do what I want. The rules don't apply to me.

And of course, Libby went along because she was desperate to find a husband. She called him "traditional" and "old fashioned" to her family as she relayed that he runs the house  and she will defer to him on everything :: cue Ralph Kramden's King of the Castle speech::

She also has the luxury (?) of having a father who caves and pays for his adult child and her man child husband's expenses when they don't have money. Not sure if anything's changed there but the idea that an independent, working woman like Libby would bow down to Andrei's demands is just nauseating.

Most if not all of them made bad choices in choosing the foreigners IMO....and I think most of the foreigners wanted a free pass and green card to the US. The Americans needed to better check beforehand into the foreigners' social, academic and financial status before wanting to bring them over in any kind of committed relationship. That's why most of them catching their tail now and why most of the relationships not working out. Very expensive experience at that too.

Been binge watching, Andrei is ridiculous. He’s spending $600 to fly to New York, just to meet his dad there and take the flight with him...without any idea how he’s gonna make that money back to pay their rent. I don’t think I could ever be with such an irrational, impractical man. 
He wants the respect as man of the house, but he doesn’t act the part - respect is earned. He talks the talk, but doesn’t walk the walk. 

Cole seems nice and patient, but him de-activating her phone is very cheap of him and kind of a power trip. Everyone needs a phone to function in America. Not that Larissa doesn’t have her flaws, too. 

Edited by SheTalksShit

I don’t think Pedro really loves Chantel. What I don’t get about their scheme is, why didn’t she have his sister go up to the USA and marry someone? She’s beautiful, I’m sure there’s many men who’d marry her. Maybe because Nicole is a better business woman And she has a boyfriend already, idk. 

Here’s what I see:  

Pedro will always defend his family, overlooks the way they treat Chantel and always expects her to be the bigger person and apologize. 
Chantel seems to always be the one to make the effort - always the one to apologize, always willing to put herself in the lion’s den again with his family. 
She also defends Pedro to her family, which Pedro totally takes for granted and doesn’t appreciate. He accuses her of always defending her family over him, but that’s not true, we see her defend him a lot of times. She refused to go forward with the PI and refused to give her parents any more information about what she’d heard on the Skype call. 
Pedro makes no effort at all with her family. They have not been perfect, but they did try to get along, starting with the cabin trip and Pedro was just cold as ice. They keep extending olive branches and are met with an ice cold brick wall. He requests things of Chantel that he is not willing to do, himself. 
That being said, Chantel was crazy to fly into the DR when she was not wanted. He told her not to come! I pray that whole thing was producer-driven...what do y’all think? 

Edited by SheTalksShit

I told Poppa2two about Andreii and the plane ticket. I asked him what I’d say if he tried that..he said I’d tell him the ticket came with divorce papers. It’s not that we don’t do what we want and spend how we want, but, we work hard and would never spend money we didn’t have like that. He should’ve booked his dad a room and an Uber. You don’t have to fly there to take him to a hotel. 🤦‍♀️