Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: The Truth Comes Out

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

However Pao misjudged his involvement and potential ramifications of it.  He used to view that region as some espicy Latina pie but now when he looks at it he will see a crowning head, blood and baby limbs.  You can’t unsee it.

You can't unsee it, but in my experience, that's not how he'll remember it.  He'll just have more respect for it now.   (Like if the Andy in Toy Story ever found out that his favorite toys could talk and move around by themselves.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Drogo said:

You can't unsee it, but in my experience, that's not how he'll remember it.  He'll just have more respect for it now.   (Like if the Andy in Toy Story ever found out that his favorite toys could talk and move around by themselves.)

Mad props to Drogo. I really envy your lady right now. Dang, that is the most real shit I've read on this cluster fuck of reality tv bs. I guess I am trying to say - high five? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

There is an organization called "Travelers Aid."  This is on their page from JFK Airport.

"Travelers Aid / JFK offers insight into not only general airport inquiries but also more in-depth situations involving social service support for individuals and families traveling to and from New York.

Operated by Travelers Aid International and its services are funded by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. In 2015, Travelers Aid JFK assisted more than 425,000 travelers.

Travelers Aid / JFK is part of a national network of 44 social service agencies and transportation services organized to assist in meeting the critical needs of individuals, frequently in crisis situations, by lending “A Helping Hand Along the Way.”

Through our network, nearly 5,000 Travelers Aid volunteers and professional staff members assists more than 29 million individuals including travelers, veterans, seniors, children, and homeless to get from a position of instability to stability."

They help about a half million travelers just at JFK every year.  Surely someone there could have helped Father Andrei.  But I suspect that even if Libby or Andrei had ever heard of TA, Andrei was determined that only HE could go get "Pops" . . . regardless of the cost.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Colt has to be one of the most manipulative and passive-aggressive motherf*ckers I've ever seen.  His cold and calm affect compared to Larissa's naturally shrill voice is very jarring, especially when she's still having trouble with speaking English and her word choices and pronunciations aren't always the best.  Colt totally plays up the "my wife is crazy, look at all I do for her and she punches me in the mouth".  

Okay, Moldovan is pretty much a Romanian-Russian hybrid courtesy of 200 years of a Romanian-speaking culture being a Russian client state.  If you think there aren't a dozen native Russian speakers who can at least roughly understand him at JFK at this very moment, have I got some news for you (and probably three Moldovan Uber drivers waiting by Terminal 1) ... plus the fact that it wasn't going to be a thing until he had a longer layover in JFK until his other flights got screwed up.  Andrei was perfectly okay with him getting off one plane and onto another at JFK, but freaked out about him having to spend a couple of hours waiting at a terminal.  I mean, I get it, but where was this concern months ago when he booked his international tickets?  And quite frankly, we don't know what is father is like.  We've seen him in isolated scenes played as a fish-out-of-water (or dog-up-a-tree, if you will) with Libby present aside from his reunion with his son.  

The slot machine is where she's holding all of Coltea's money. 

Yeah, but now Andrei's dad, who seems a little on the quiet side has to find one of these dozen people in a large and busy airport with a lot of people who are going to willfully ignore him because they can't understand them. 

I agree that it was a wrinkle when Andrei was fine with his dad changing planes before the flight changes.  I've only flown into and out of JFK once and it was an okay airport, but it could be confusing.  It looks like Andrei met him there in the evening and they flew out the next morning?  Maybe not, but that's what I thought.  By that time, there is a chance that there aren't as many airport staff available to help him.

You're right, we don't know Andrei's father, but Andrei does and seemed to think it was a thing.  

Totally agree about Colt, and I suspect this is what's been happening so that Larissa is just trying to stay away.  She needs to get a job and get out of that house.  Why can't she work yet?  

18 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

There is an organization called "Travelers Aid."  This is on their page from JFK Airport.

"Travelers Aid / JFK offers insight into not only general airport inquiries but also more in-depth situations involving social service support for individuals and families traveling to and from New York.

Operated by Travelers Aid International and its services are funded by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. In 2015, Travelers Aid JFK assisted more than 425,000 travelers.

Travelers Aid / JFK is part of a national network of 44 social service agencies and transportation services organized to assist in meeting the critical needs of individuals, frequently in crisis situations, by lending “A Helping Hand Along the Way.”

Through our network, nearly 5,000 Travelers Aid volunteers and professional staff members assists more than 29 million individuals including travelers, veterans, seniors, children, and homeless to get from a position of instability to stability."

They help about a half million travelers just at JFK every year.  Surely someone there could have helped Father Andrei.  But I suspect that even if Libby or Andrei had ever heard of TA, Andrei was determined that only HE could go get "Pops" . . . regardless of the cost.

That seems like a reasonable solution, but I wonder if they were still open when he got there?

• Love 1

They are married, why isn't she allowed to work yet?  And LOL at her plans having very little to do with him.  She probably should have held back until she got her green card

I'm definitely not an expert in this area, but I don't think that it's the marriage that allows the immigrant to work - it's the change in legal status that is filed after the marriage by the U.S. Citizen. Once that is processed and the spouse gets notification, then he/she can work. Jay, Annie, Fernanda and Larissa are all married but none could work (though Annie did finally get her change in status and I think she is allowed to work now).

Does anyone know if that is also why they cannot drive? I didn't understand why Fern, who had her own car (courtesy of Jon) couldn't drive.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

That seems like a reasonable solution, but I wonder if they were still open when he got there?

Had Andrei (or, preferably, Libby) contacted TA at JFK, they would have had a volunteer meet him at his flight.  I'm fairly sure they are available 24/7.  There is a TA desk at every terminal at JFK.

It's not like Father Andrei is the first older, inexperienced traveler to ever have connection challenges at JFK.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

I totally get Andrei's position, but his execution... what shit.  Maybe try telling her how you feel and asking if she'd be okay with you going to meet him and a little "I know it's expensive, but please, this is really important to me" instead of "I'm going and that's it, find the money and that's it, go pack my bag."

It's as if someone told him Marvel's looking for a new Hulk.

Yes, and stop pretending like when you're short $600 for the rent that it isn't going to come from Libby's dad.

I get you don't want to ask him for the money, but you said this is an emergency so why do you care where the money comes from?

I'd like to see Andrei explain how he thinks things are getting paid without Libby's dad

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
Just now, RealReality said:

I'd like to see Andrei explain how he thinks things are getting paid without Libby's dad

"Explaining this is not what I want to do right now."  -Andrei

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm definitely not an expert in this area, but I don't think that it's the marriage that allows the immigrant to work - it's the change in legal status that is filed after the marriage by the U.S. Citizen. Once that is processed and the spouse gets notification, then he/she can work. Jay, Annie, Fernanda and Larissa are all married but none could work (though Annie did finally get her change in status and I think she is allowed to work now).

Does anyone know if that is also why they cannot drive? I didn't understand why Fern, who had her own car (courtesy of Jon) couldn't drive.

Yeah, I could see Colt "misplacing" the paperwork.

1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

Had Andrei (or, preferably, Libby) contacted TA at JFK, they would have had a volunteer meet him at his flight.  I'm fairly sure they are available 24/7.  There is a TA desk at every terminal at JFK.

It's not like Father Andrei is the first older, inexperienced traveler to ever have connection challenges at JFK.

I had no idea.  Yeah, if that was available that sounds like the best (but least dramatic) solution

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

DO NOT SABOTAGE ANDREI WITH YOUR NEED FOR EXPLANATIONS.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I had no idea.  Yeah, if that was available that sounds like the best (but least dramatic) solution

Which is probably why it was handled the way it was.  Drama.

If they had called the airline on which Father Andrei was flying and asked them if anyone could help him, the airline would surely have recommended TA.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

If they had called the airline on which Father Andrei was flying and asked them if anyone could help him, the airline would surely have recommended TA.  

Doesn't production pay for travel?  I dunno, someone said that up somewhere on this board.

• Useful 2
5 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Doesn't production pay for travel?  I dunno, someone said that up somewhere on this board.

I'm not sure there's any documented proof of that.  Maybe for the initial visit to the other country, or bringing the foreign potential spouse here for the first time, but if they were paying for all travel, these folks would be back and forth a lot more.  Nicole would be spending every other weekend in Morocco.  JMO.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I'm not sure there's any documented proof of that.  Maybe for the initial visit to the other country, or bringing the foreign potential spouse here for the first time, but if they were paying for all travel, these folks would be back and forth a lot more.  Nicole would be spending every other weekend in Morocco.  JMO.

LOL, I think azan is in some morroccon love rat protection program.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Yeah, but now Andrei's dad, who seems a little on the quiet side has to find one of these dozen people in a large and busy airport with a lot of people who are going to willfully ignore him because they can't understand them. 

From personal experience, you step up to almost any courtesy counter and say "a ty govorish' po russki".  Barring that, pop your head outside a door and look for a crowd of guys smoking and ask the same.  It's Queens in NYC.  *Someone* speaks Russian. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Oh, Nicole, please...I just know that chocolate protein shake was an appetizer and you immediately went and consumed 2 extra value meals at McD's.  

Obed, STFU.  Even taking into account the slight language barrier, your story makes zero fucking sense and you contradicted yourself a few times telling it.  

Chantel, your entire (empty) head is so full of Botox that you're starting to look like a blow up doll that Colt might buy online.  Step away from the syringe.

Ashely...I get the feeling had Jay's barbershop encounter been "only" a blow job, you would have taken him back in a heartbeat.  I'm glad he confessed to everything so you can at last pull your head out of your own self-absorbed ass now that you've been humiliated on national television.  Use that boy-chasing time to spend time with your kids.  Ugh.  

Colt wanted sex.  Larissa wanted money.  Looks like neither of them met their goals.  I find them both odious, so on some level I think they deserved each other. 

BTW, if I were Debbie (and thank the goddesses I'm not) and came home to find my room gone through and my screen cut open like that, I'd have grabbed that Brazilian bitch by her pubes and thrown her out the opening in the cut screen.  In fact, if I were Deb, I'd just throw both of their asses out.  Take that drama elsewhere, kids.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Logic, sanity and mindfulness do not belong in this thread.  Please fall in line Drogo.  Do not terrorize me with your logic.  Now go pack my bag I say.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

She barely gave birth and is already criticizing how Roos handles the baby. She is beyond controlling. Roos is in for a long, long, life of misery. 

I'll give her a pass on that one.  New mothers are going to tend to be overprotective of their babies.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Logic, sanity and mindfulness do not belong in this thread.  Please fall in line Drogo.  Do not terrorize me with your logic.  Now go pack my bag I say.

I make no representations about how The Shmalmighty Shmalpha-Male Andrei will respond when faced with the birth of his child. 

Just kidding, of course I do...

"Why are your parents at this hospital?  Did you tell them we were coming here?  Don't tell them my businesses!  NO! That's my entrance, not her exit!  Libby, stop it right now, you are making a mess!  Make her go a different way out!"

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I make no representations about how The Shmalmighty Shmalpha-Male Andrei will respond when faced with the birth of his child. 

Just kidding, of course I do...

"Why are your parents at this hospital?  Did you tell them we were coming here?  Don't tell them by businesses!  NO! That's my entrance, not her exit!  Libby, stop it right now, you are making a mess!  Make her go a different way out!"

I think Andrrrrrei might have lied about being Moldovan.  I suspect he is actually Dothraki.  Maybe his kind hearted father rescued him after his real father left him to die, because he wasn't able to shoot arrows on horseback by the time he was 4.   

• LOL 5
23 hours ago, magemaud said:

I still don't understand why didn't Colt open the door when the police came. I've seen that scenario on "Cops" all the time, the police pound on the door, tell you to "open up" and give you fair warning before breaking down the door but only if you don't answer. Why didn't he cooperate especially if, as he claims, HE did nothing wrong? 

I believe they said they were upstairs fighting.

There was probably so much shrieking and throwing of objects and general fuckery going on that Colt and Larissa didn't even hear the cops beating on the door.  If the cops heard all of that domestic warfare going on, it would explain why they kicked in the door. 

That's the conclusion that I drew, but I could be wrong.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I'd imagine the show pays for travel when they think it will make good ("good" meaning irresistibly trashy) television. 

If the characters struggling to find a way to pay for travel or fighting over it, makes better TV, they probably deny the travel funds.   

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

There was probably so much shrieking and throwing of objects and general fuckery going on that Colt and Larissa didn't even hear the cops beating on the door.  If the cops heard all of that domestic warfare going on, it would explain why they kicked in the door. 

I wonder what Larissa posted on social media   In order to get immediate attention, she might have posted that she was in grave danger from her crazy husband threatening her with a gun, or something, which could be why the police broke down the door. 

I don't think they usually bring the SWAT team for a routine domestic disturbance.  

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

What I didn’t understand was why Andrei and Dad spent the night in the airport. Every time an airline has messed up my connections like that they’ve given me those food vouchers and a free hotel room if I have a layover over night. Andrei and Father looked rough in the morning! What a welcome to America. 

I was wondering if Andrei had just been like, “No. Hotel is too far. We just sleep here tonight. I fight anyone that look at us funny.”

In terms of Pao, I noticed that her baby did come out kind of sideways. That had to hurt. I liked how Darcy said it on Pillow Talk - It’s like a ring of fire. Pao and Russ did amazing... but they should have kept the dog away from the newborn.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm pretty sure it's because they do not have a driver's license in their country. When I came to the US, I had a German DL and drove with it for several months before getting my US DL. Millions of tourists come every year to rent and drive cars with driver's licenses from their countries. Fernanda and the others probably didn't have a driver's license in their country and haven't gotten around to learning how to drive and take the test.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Why do Ashley and Chantel care if their men go off with another woman? I mean, WHAT would the other woman have?  

I think this is especially true of Trashly.   Chantel and Pedro seemed to at least have some sort of relationship.

It is either that Trashly wants to keep fighting, thinking that as long as they talk there is a chance, or she needs to express her anger and feel like she "won".  

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 4

The only positive thing that I've ever seen with Chantel and Pedro is Chantel talking about how great they are together.  I've never seen it. There seems to be a real disconnect with Pedro. To me Chantel has a fantasy in her mind of what she wants her marriage to be, but, it's never materialized.  But, in order to get them off the show, I wish that she would move to the DR and work on her marriage there.   

• Love 3
22 hours ago, LGGirl said:

If you rewatch the conversation the two you of them had after the fight, Larissa did allude to Colt being possessive.  The question I have is how did the one who locked themselves in the bathroom, apparently out of fear, and had their phone turned off, end up arrested?   Coltee must had told a good tale.   JMPO, I think he gaslights her and causes her to lose it.   He loves having the power and torturing her.   

Debbie was almost giddy at the thought of Larissa being deported.  

In total agreement.  I am not sure how Larissa got arrested in this one.  

And... you hit it out of the park with all the other points of your post.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Christina said:

How so? Five cops did a SWAT bust through the door with their guns drawn because people were calling claiming that Larissa was in danger. You clearly have more faith for the cops than I do, and if I'm remembering the police report correctly, they were pissed that she caused a swatting situation that could have resulting in someone being shot. Since Larissa was the one screaming, she probably would have been the one shot, though.

After the arrest shown in this episode, Larissa's friend and/or that Instagram person who posted as an insider/Larissa's friend said that her attorney told Colt not to appear at the trial since he hadn't been subpoenaed and to not show up to post the bond himself if he didn't want to cooperate. The way the posts were worded didn't sound right, like I couldn't see her attorney telling him to not cooperate but then realized there was probably an automatic restraining order that they were violating. If this happened before the first one had been disposed of they probably both would have been in trouble. 

Larissa brought this arrest on all by herself by posting to her Instagram asking her followers for help. She didn't ask them to call the cops but since it was so erratic and she's not a native English speaker, people thought she was in danger. I think she was in a manic phase and it wouldn't have been over when she talked to the police.

One of the tabloids released the police report, probably Radar. When the cops arrived and knocked on the door, Colt and Larissa were in their bedroom on the third floor and Larissa was screaming at him, I'm sure he was yellng, too, but when Larissa gets worked up she gets louder and Colt shuts down.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being sloth and 10 being batshit crazy, Colt's normal is a 4 and Larissa is a 7. I think the fact she was higher strung than him is part of his attraction to her. Anyway, when she gets worked up she hits a 9 and when Colt gets worked up he drops to a 2 and softens his voice, which is extremely maddening.

Larissa needs serious mental health help but fuck it all; Colt tried to buy a woman so he can just take the physical abuse and pay out several hundred dollars if he wants his wife to have sex with him. He may be a weirdo but he's a weirdo in an abusive relationship that his mother is blamed for by his wife. 

Another huge and fantastic post.  Way to go PT'ers

• Love 2
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

Chantal is always crowing about the importance of family togetherness, but never quite seems willing to go the extra mile to even try to make that happen with Pedro's family.

IIRC, Pedro apologized for the fight he never started during the reunion and mama Chantal refused to apologize for anything.  Another effort on Pedro's part with nothing from Chantal or her family, but with Chantals continued insistence that family togetherness is important so Pedro should show up at Thanksgiving because maybe river's aim is better this time.

Her thinking that something is shady because Pedro was going to spend time with his family when that is what he came to the DR to do is silly.  She has plenty of opportunity to make him miserable in the United States where he spends 95% of his time and can't see or visit with his family.

It was shady though. Pedro's sister was encouraging that girl to go after Pedro saying he was single that night. His mother is no better. The best thing would be for Chantal and Pedro to go away alone and move soewhere very far away.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, BravoAddict72 said:

It was shady though. Pedro's sister was encouraging that girl to go after Pedro saying he was single that night. His mother is no better. The best thing would be for Chantal and Pedro to go away alone and move soewhere very far away.

They should move to Moldova to live with Andrrrrrei's father.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, BravoAddict72 said:

And Pedro tried, but Chantal didn't want to be even a four hour drive away from her family.

His sister may be shady, his mother may be shady.  Or they may just be so annoyed at how Nicole and Pedro were treated that they are reacting.

Chantal's family, IMO, is a lot worse.  And Chantal always makes sure to mention how important it is that Pedro show up to family gatherings to get shit on so as to promote family togetherness.  

But, if you ask Chantal to just apologize for the dinner going sideways, not even  to apologize for setting Nicole up, which she clearly did....but just to apologize for the dinner taking a shit turn, Chantal won't do it. 

Family togetherness and her marriage cannot be that important to her if she can't just say "I'm sorry" and refuse to engage further.  Chantal is damn near 30, if you can't learn how to fake an apology and play nice by 30 the world is going to be a tough place.

Pedro should constantly show up to be shit on, but Chantal can't choke out an apology, for the sake of family togetherness?

I will say that Nicole showing Chantal that video is a pretty low blow...but it's mostly a shitty thing for her to do to her brother, so her hate for Chantal must be pretty deep if she would throw pedro under the bus like that just to get at Chantal.  But maybe this is what happens when you set someone up to be attacked by your family and then proceed to spend months blaming them for the shitshow dinner that you set up.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

And Pedro tried, but Chantal didn't want to be even a four hour drive away from her family.

His sister may be shady, his mother may be shady.  Or they may just be so annoyed at how Nicole and Pedro were treated that they are reacting.

Chantal's family, IMO, is a lot worse.  And Chantal always makes sure to mention how important it is that Pedro show up to family gatherings to get shit on so as to promote family togetherness.  

But, if you ask Chantal to just apologize for the dinner going sideways, not even  to apologize for setting Nicole up, which she clearly did....but just to apologize for the dinner taking a shit turn, Chantal won't do it. 

Family togetherness and her marriage cannot be that important to her if she can't just say "I'm sorry" and refuse to engage further.  Chantal is damn near 30, if you can't learn how to fake an apology and play nice by 30 the world is going to be a tough place.

Pedro should constantly show up to be shit on, but Chantal can't choke out an apology, for the sake of family togetherness?

I will say that Nicole showing Chantal that video is a pretty low blow...but it's mostly a shitty thing for her to do to her brother, so her hate for Chantal must be pretty deep if she would throw pedro under the bus like that just to get at Chantal.  But maybe this is what happens when you set someone up to be attacked by your family and then proceed to spend months blaming them for the shitshow dinner that you set up.

It seems to me that Pedro tries to throw his sister in Chantal's face to deliberately stir up strife. As soon as she showed up at that table, she sort of "marked her territory" by putting her head on Pedro's chest, the was a girlfriend, not a sister would do.

Plus, I don't see why Chantal owes his sister an apology any than she owes Chantal one.  

If Pedro really cared about the relationship he would just let them dislike each other from different countries, as they would rarely need to see each other.  Maybe, in time, they would learn to tolerate each other, but clearly trying to force an apology that he knows will make zero difference to his sister is stirring the $#1t, not trying to make peace.  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

And you guys say she has no sense of financial responsibility...

I did wonder why someone on welfare was overpaying for apple juice at a juice bar.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:
On 6/24/2019 at 12:39 PM, magemaud said:

I still don't understand why didn't Colt open the door when the police came. I've seen that scenario on "Cops" all the time, the police pound on the door, tell you to "open up" and give you fair warning before breaking down the door but only if you don't answer. Why didn't he cooperate especially if, as he claims, HE did nothing wrong? 

that makes perfect sense. 

I laugh at Ashley because Jay played the hell out of her. She was supposedly cheated on by other men, so she went and picked up a barely legal kid from an economically disadvantaged country who was to come here and provide sexual gratification for her, boosting her already fragile ego. I think she thought Jay was going to be some eternally grateful little street urchin sex machine who would worship the ground she walked on. I think that’s why she talks to him like she does. All reckless like he’s her child. Instead, she got finessed by a teenage horn dog and she realizes just how stupid she looks.

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
58 minutes ago, Spike said:

I did wonder why someone on welfare was overpaying for apple juice at a juice bar.

You can probably buy a whole gallon at Costco for what that one glass cost at the fancy juice bar

• Love 5
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She barely gave birth and is already criticizing how Roos handles the baby. She is beyond controlling. Roos is in for a long, long, life of misery. 

She needs to get a bunch of breast milk (if she is nursing) together in bottles or Roos can prepare some bottles and Pao needs to get out of the house for a few hours.  Do not call, text, email, smoke signal, ANYTHING towards Roos.  He can handle it.  Trust him.

But she won't.

• Love 2

Coltee and Larissa are both awful.  I can't believe Coltee was shocked and saddened to learn that Larissa only wanted him to get a green card so she could get a job and make money for her family back in Brazil.   He actually thought there was going to be love.  Maybe that delusion is the premise of this show.   For some reason they feel like they can "buy" via green card someone outside of their age/attractiveness zone and it someone becomes a love marriage.

I'm not surprised that Larissa is the one that keeps getting arrested.  She's too shrill and dismissive.   Coltee looks the part of a bumbling nerd with his soft voice and doughy body....one scratch on him looks like a gaping wound I'm sure.  The police will side with the wounded one….that one is always conveniently Coltee.   That dude is a sick manipulator.

• Love 10

I don't want to rain on Pao and Russ' parade (well, I guess that I actually do), but Axel was the name of the oldest child on The Middle which ran for 8 or 9 years, so, no, Axel isn't really THAT unique.  Oh, and even on the show Frankie and Mike spoke about how they thought the name would so super special, etc., but it really wasn't.

So, on a positive note, I thought Pao looked really pretty without make-up, and she seemed truly happy and content after the birth.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

It seems to me that Pedro tries to throw his sister in Chantal's face to deliberately stir up strife. As soon as she showed up at that table, she sort of "marked her territory" by putting her head on Pedro's chest, the was a girlfriend, not a sister would do.

Plus, I don't see why Chantal owes his sister an apology any than she owes Chantal one.  

If Pedro really cared about the relationship he would just let them dislike each other from different countries, as they would rarely need to see each other.  Maybe, in time, they would learn to tolerate each other, but clearly trying to force an apology that he knows will make zero difference to his sister is stirring the $#1t, not trying to make peace.  

I don't think so, he can't control what Nicole does and what is he supposed to do, tell his sister not to make any contact with him?

Again, Chantal put all this in motion by showing up where she was begged not to go.  For someone who crows about family togetherness, how did she think she was going to promote healing between the families by showing up dragging Pedro away from the little time be can spend with his family and insisting he spend it with her and that they not see his family?

First, she owes Nicole an apology for setting her up, which she did.  Second, even if she didn't OWE Nicole an apology, sometimes you just suck it up and apologize for the greater good.  The same way Pedro sucked it up and generally apologized though he wasnt at fault for starting that fight.  And Pedro asked her numerous times to just do that for him .  The way she always expects him to show up at her family gatherings and get shit on for her.

Pedro tried to do what you suggested and let everyone hate everyone else from a distance.  As he begged and pleaded with Chantal not to come to the DR.

So yeah, this is all her fault.

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

I rewatched this and Colt is scary "I don't want the police to be called again, you know what I mean?" The coldness in his eyes told me everything about that situation. Colt was threatening her, Larissa is nutty but Colt is a damn sociopath. He loves lording his citizenship over her head.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I don't want to rain on Pao and Russ' parade (well, I guess that I actually do), but Axel was the name of the oldest child on The Middle which ran for 8 or 9 years, so, no, Axel isn't really THAT unique.  Oh, and even on the show Frankie and Mike spoke about how they thought the name would so super special, etc., but it really wasn't.

So, on a positive note, I thought Pao looked really pretty without make-up, and she seemed truly happy and content after the birth.

Plus Eddie Murphy played Axel Foley in the megahit Beverly Hills Cop.  Hardly obscure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, RealReality said:

Until i see the receipts I take Debbie's words with a grain of salt.  I also thought she had a downstairs bedroom.  I vaguely remember going in there and slamming the door.  Which I felt kinda made sense.  Who wants to hear their son having sex?  My parents specifically built a guest house for that reason. 

The whole screen thing seems weird. I noticed Colt was acting very cagey when Debbie asked him what happened. I don't recall him ever defending Larissa's behavior, so I suspect he haf more to do with the screen and rummaging than she did. Maybe he let the cats at it, lol.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6