Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: The Truth Comes Out

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Lemur said:

Yeah, why is it that Azzan takes Nicole's money to "start a business" and everyone yells scam, but Pedro takes his and Chantel's joint savings to "do a business" that he won't tell his wife anything about, in a foreign country, with no business plan, no timeline and no return ticket and everyone's all like "Daaaamn, Chantel, you're just going down there to start trouble."  Seriously?  If you take my money to "start a business" and don't produce any receipts and *then* my friend sees you out at da club with one of your sister's friends in your lap, you better believe I'm coming for yo' ass. 

Or, she could divorce him but then there would be no TV show.  

I have completely started fast forwarding through the Pao episodes as I have ceased to care.   I never watch it live because I simply can’t take any more of her. She is as annoying as Chantel for different reasons. You would think she was the only person to ever have a baby, ever on earth.  And Russ is even worse - no personality whatsoever!!!

Edited by Kid
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

Regardless of whether or not this would happen to jay, if this is, in any way, part of Ashley's rationale she is truly a horrible human being.

I mean I was a little nervous when she dropped him off on the side of the road.  He is black, the area looked rural, he wasn't dressed like an area local.  But of there is some part of her pea brain that is setting him up and hoping for the worst....oh no.

I'll never judge someone for listening to coast to coast.  Its my go to for keeping up on news about aliens and out of body experiences.  It's v. entertaining, and an outlet for so many interesting people.

The guy I dated who was a transportation manager for McLane said the same thing you did.  Short runs are the brass ring everyone strives for, so they can be close to family, so they generally go to experienced drivers.

I bet if you aggressively networked and campaigned you could get a short run job as a newer driver because I don't think there is a functional reason why they need more experienced drivers for shorter runs.  But....it's Andrei so....

Maybe it’s a seniority thing.  In my city newer cops get stuck in the high crime areas while the vets get the coveted bedroom communities.  It does have a silver lining in that the younger ones are better at foot chases, hopping fences, etc.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Kid said:

Well , that argument worked for a president.😂😂  She should’ve gotten rid of his ass after the dating ap incident.

Bill knew enough not to have a love child with the intern.  Imagine that scandal.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

My question is why didn't Obed tell CeAir his suspicions BEFORE she got married if he was so worried and knew and was her friend first before Pedro?  I mean, maybe his relationship went south after they got married, but surely could have told her before she got in too deep.  Why is it just coming up now?  This makes no sense.  Wouldn't Chantel know what was happening in her friend's life and they would talk about Pedro's family?  Wouldn't she ask when her family started making all their accusations? Tell me what you know, Obed????? How hard would it be to ask that?

Or, how about at any time....since apparently video chat is a thing he can do!

6 hours ago, Lemur said:

I have to disagree.  She didn't fly down there to demand an apology.  She flew down there because her one friend saw him out carousing with his sister's hoochie friends and another friend lit a fire under ass when she heard the gossip.  She didn't want to even look at his family from afar.  *PEDRO* demanded a Truth and Reconciliation Tour.  

I thought she flew down there to "save her marriage"

4 hours ago, Lemur said:

Yeah, why is it that Azzan takes Nicole's money to "start a business" and everyone yells scam, but Pedro takes his and Chantel's joint savings to "do a business" that he won't tell his wife anything about, in a foreign country, with no business plan, no timeline and no return ticket and everyone's all like "Daaaamn, Chantel, you're just going down there to start trouble."  Seriously?  If you take my money to "start a business" and don't produce any receipts and *then* my friend sees you out at da club with one of your sister's friends in your lap, you better believe I'm coming for yo' ass. 

I can understand the point but I think the situations are different in that a) Pedro and chantal are actually married and she lives with him and b) ostensibly the pot of money to fund the business comes out of some account they share which means that he at least is contributing to the business.

To me this functionally makes a difference because Chantal isn't just handing over her paycheck to a guy who lives in another country, won't marry her, doesn't want to see her and has no legal connection to her.  Whatever business he opens will be a joint asset, I assume, since they are married in the United States and it's an asset developed after the marriage.

While these differences may not matter much depending on the person, these are differences with a distinction, to me.

• Love 19

Yeah Pedro is working.  Is Chantel? fulltime?  She has been a student so I mean she may work full time as well or she may be working part time or she may just be focusing on schooling and have a grant or something.  Chantel has never had a problem with him paying bills or helping to pay bills, its just that he sends some money to his family so they couldn't have the bigger apartment or a better couch.  It's possible their joint account was mostly his money in there or they both saved together.  I don't trust what she told her girl friends .....she was trying to be the victim in that situation so they would tell her what she wanted to hear.

• Love 13

Well that was enlightening.  I don’t know what TLC censorship rules are but words did they bleep out lol.  It wouldn’t be the word Suck or Ride.  Hahahahahahhahaha.

Im assuming that GQ barbershop has done the research that by airing that video that it wouldn’t open up the owner to any fluke assault charges?  And also admitting to letting someone who can’t legally work in the US perform illegal tattoos in the back of their store?  This is why we can’t let people with the judgement level of Ashley’s and well....all of them ...bring over their sex toy without making them responsible for them for 10 years.  Piercing the skin....hepatitis....dirty needles.  Sheesh.

which leads me to how did Skinz Tatoo open up with no money?  She give him money to buy some used equipment?  Yikes.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Yeah Pedro is working.  Is Chantel? fulltime?  She has been a student so I mean she may work full time as well or she may be working part time or she may just be focusing on schooling and have a grant or something.  Chantel has never had a problem with him paying bills or helping to pay bills, its just that he sends some money to his family so they couldn't have the bigger apartment or a better couch.  It's possible their joint account was mostly his money in there or they both saved together.  I don't trust what she told her girl friends .....she was trying to be the victim in that situation so they would tell her what she wanted to hear.

Yeah, she a CNA at a nursing home while working on her BSN.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

I thought she flew down there to "save her marriage"

I can understand the point but I think the situations are different in that a) Pedro and chantal are actually married and she lives with him and b) ostensibly the pot of money to fund the business comes out of some account they share which means that he at least is contributing to the business.

To me this functionally makes a difference because Chantal isn't just handing over her paycheck to a guy who lives in another country, won't marry her, doesn't want to see her and has no legal connection to her.  Whatever business he opens will be a joint asset, I assume, since they are married in the United States and it's an asset developed after the marriage.

While these differences may not matter much depending on the person, these are differences with a distinction, to me.

Oh they're different, all right.  Nicole willingly gave Azan the money; yes we all know he's scamming her but she's also been told that by just about everyone in her life but Azan and chooses not to believe it, so it's on her.  Pedro was proposing to take their joint money and use it as he saw fit without her input.  It's not theft, but it's not exactly a good faith gesture on his part or indicative of someone interested in an equitable and long-lived marriage.  As for the business being a joint asset, that's a pretty big assumption to make, as it will depend on what country/state it's created in.  It's almost as if you need a lawyer ... in the DR ... to sort all that out.  Do you think Pedro knows any lawyers in the DR?  (lol)

Edited by Lemur
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

Yes + biggest distinction IMO:  Pedro loves BayBeeChantel, Azan abhors Neekole.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Oh they're different, all right.  Nicole willingly gave Azan the money; yes we all know he's scamming her but she's also been told that by just about everyone in her life but Azan and chooses not to believe it, so it's on her.  Pedro was proposing to take their joint money and use it as he saw fit without her input.  It's not theft, but it's not exactly a good faith gesture on his part or indicative of someone interested in an equitable and long-lived marriage.  As for the business being a joint asset, that's a pretty big assumption to make, as it will depend on what country/state it's created in.  It's almost as if you need a lawyer ... in the DR ... to sort all that out.  Do you think Pedro knows any lawyers in the DR?  (lol)

Since they would divorce in the United states and the assets used to create the business were developed in the United States during their marriage I'm pretty sure that US law would govern their divorce.  So the distribution of assets would be done according to US law.  Now if he was trying to hide money in another country that's another story, but if he is up front about the business , it's existence and the funds used to create it, I don't  see how it wouldnt be a marital asset and subject to distribution under US laws in the event of a divorce.

Chantal, at any moment, is free to withdraw her money from their joint account and deposit into a separate account.  If she hasn't done so then she is a willing participant to some degree.

I agree, I'd want to know about the business if he were my spouse.  At the same time, Chantal likes to tell her family their business and they never miss a chance to shit on Pedro so it's possible he isn't as candid with Chantal because he doesn't want her family to know.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 5
Just now, AZChristian said:

At least he did before she followed him to the DR this last time.  

He definitely still does.  His face when he's trying to express what he means to her in either a) English, a language he's still at a 4 year old level in or b) Spanish, which she's great at but it takes up too much of her brain trying to understand/speak it - it's painful. 

**He actually did make perfect sense when he calmly responded to Chantel's outrage at being treated like an untrustworthy foreigner who doesn't deserve their child/sibling despite having done nothing to them with "That's how I feel every day in Atlanta." 

Chantel should call up the translator she took to MomPedro's house, and ask them come translate between her/her husband.  The conversation would probably go something like this:

Spoiler

P: Baybee, we live in the U.S. and barely ever see my family.  If you want, I'll come visit them without you from now on.  But for right now, I need you to see that my mother and sister are really distraught over what happened in Atlanta just as your mom would have been if you'd been trapped in a similar situation in the DR.  She's angry and sad and she just needs to know that you understand that.  All you need to do is tell my mom you're sorry that it happened, you don't have to take responsibility for the events, and we can start moving on.  We'll meet with my sister and if she starts acting up I'll handle it and tell her she needs to calm down because you're my wife and I'm your husband. If she refuses we'll leave, together, until she comes around- but if she agrees we can just sit and hear her out and then it will be over.  Then we'll fly back to Atlanta and this will all be in the past.  And hopefully you'll understand now why I have such a difficult time with your family- because they treat me the same way- and when we go home you'll tell them they need to calm down and accept me because I'm your husband and you're my wife, and they will and we can start our life over- or they won't and we'll leave, together, until they come around."

• Love 23
29 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Yes + biggest distinction IMO:  Pedro loves BayBeeChantel, Azan abhors Neekole.

I dunno 'bout that.  But I'm more than happy to agree to disagree.  

22 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Since they would divorce in the United states and the assets used to create the business were developed in the United States during their marriage I'm pretty sure that US law would govern their divorce.  So the distribution of assets would be done according to US law.  Now if he was trying to hide money in another country that's another story, but if he is up front about the business , it's existence and the funds used to create it, I don't  see how it wouldnt be a marital asset and subject to distribution under US laws in the event of a divorce.

Chantal, at any moment, is free to withdraw her money from their joint account and deposit into a separate account.  If she hasn't done so then she is a willing participant to some degree.

I agree, I'd want to know about the business if he were my spouse.  At the same time, Chantal likes to tell her family their business and they never miss a chance to shit on Pedro so it's possible he isn't as candid with Chantal because he doesn't want her family to know.

I'm not debating what law would govern a potential divorce but rather the creation of any business entity Pedro would create in the DR with said assets.  Depending on where and how it's created and the tax ramifications of that would have a greater baring than where they were married/divorced.  (If they create a joint stock or LLC or a corporation or if Pedro uses their joint assets to create a sole proprietorship and uses a DR bank that Chantel doesn't have access to, etc. etc. etc.)  It's complicated, and made more complicated by the language barrier and by the fact that Pedro's mother would most likely be the lawyer handling it and has a justified dislike for Chantel.     

And I wholeheartedly agree that if Chantel knows he's going to do this and doesn't want to be a part of it, she should liquidate her assets from that account post-haste and to allow them to sit there would make her complicit.  

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Lemur said:

I dunno 'bout that.  But I'm more than happy to agree to disagree.  

I'm not debating what law would govern a potential divorce but rather the creation of any business entity Pedro would create in the DR with said assets.  Depending on where and how it's created and the tax ramifications of that would have a greater baring than where they were married/divorced.  (If they create a joint stock or LLC or a corporation or if Pedro uses their joint assets to create a sole proprietorship and uses a DR bank that Chantel doesn't have access to, etc. etc. etc.)  It's complicated, and made more complicated by the language barrier and by the fact that Pedro's mother would most likely be the lawyer handling it and has a justified dislike for Chantel.     

And I wholeheartedly agree that if Chantel knows he's going to do this and doesn't want to be a part of it, she should liquidate her assets from that account post-haste and to allow them to sit there would make her complicit.  

Yes that makes sense.

I guess, to me, as far as I understand, that can happen in the United States as well.  If you create an LLC even over here and just one party is named like the president and has a set of outlined duties and responsibilities and the other spouse isn't, I would think that the unnamed spouse would not really have any decision making power.

And similarly, were the money deposited into an account that was solely in Pedro's name, in either the US or the DR I don't think Chantal could access it, even though (at least in the us) it would be a marital asset.

I am sure that you're thinking of more potential ramifications that I haven't thought of.  Functionally though, I don't see where there would be a more advantageous situation in the US, solely because of our laws, since a spouse could likely run a business and have the money transferred to an account where one spouse was the only person with account access.  Even though the money/business would be a marital asset.

I guess the only time, to me, it would make a difference would be in the event the marriage dissolved and how the assets were characterized and distributed at dissolution.

He could give the money to his family and the business could be opened in their name, in which case Chantell would have no claim to it in a divorce obviously. If he’s not planning something shady like that then why won’t he tell her what he’s doing? 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Nowhere said:

He could give the money to his family and the business could be opened in their name, in which case Chantell would have no claim to it in a divorce obviously. If he’s not planning something shady like that then why won’t he tell her what he’s doing? 

If she could show that their joint assets (ie any money either of them earned during the marriage) went into the business she could claim Pedro's "interest" as a marital asset.

He probably doesn't want to tell her because she will tell her family and they will take the golden opportunity to shit on the idea and on him and to ask him 17 billion passive aggressive questions about it and try to involve themselves.  

• Love 10
On 6/19/2019 at 11:57 AM, magemaud said:

And why was she so surprised he was texting with a high school girl who was actually a more appropriate age for him. Then to call the girl while her friends egged her on just screamed “junior high” to me 

Is the high school girl the one she tried to call while in NYC with her friends? Wasn’t there only one girl ( the high school one?)

If so, Ashley isn’t being honest. She told her friends in NYC that she wanted to call her and get the real story from her, because she couldn’t believe Jay. The girl never returned her call. Then she tells Poochie that the girl gave her all the poop. 

Can’t stand Ashley and have no sympathy for her. She flogs him every day over the same thing. And why drag his sister into it? 

• Love 9

I can’t keep them straight but I think the high school girl that he met on Tinder right after he married Ashley is the one she tried to call from NYC. The “stripper” that he practiced his tattooing skills on in exchange for a b.j. in the barber shop bathroom must be the one who gave Ashley all the sordid details. Of course, there might have been even more women interacting with Skinz Jr. 

• Love 4
On 6/20/2019 at 2:07 PM, happy hobo said:

I disagree. I was born and raised about 75 miles away. Mechanicsburg might not be the 'big city' but it is very near Harrisburg AND the corridor to Baltimore and DC.  Contrary to TLC's depiction of the place, there are plenty of black/brown folk there and a good number of what used to be called 'mixed marriages'.  The town you are describing is 50's-80's PA. It is NOT 2019. 

We lived in Harrisburg in the early '80s.  It's important to remember that Mechanicsburg is essentially part of Harrisburg, the state capital.  Many people who work in Harrisburg sleep in Mechanicsburg.  Many people who work in Harrisburg have employment in state government, meaning there are a great many more educated, middle- and upper-class black people living in Harrisburg and Mechanicsburg.  I think the idea that Jay is in any danger in Mechanicsburg than he would be in any other middle-class suburb is ridiculous and manufactured by TLC to try to make Ashley and Jay's stupid saga interesting.  And TLC has failed.

Harrisburg has a remarkably diverse population, as does its suburb.  The area surrounding the urban/suburban area may be hicksville, but Mechanicsburg is full of black lawyers, doctors and other professionals.  The same is true of places like the area surrounding Penn State--within the confines of State College and its environs, people of color are not only tolerated but welcomed.  Outside that region, however, I don't think you can be so sure.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Harrisburg has a remarkably diverse population, as does its suburb.  The area surrounding the urban/suburban area may be hicksville, but Mechanicsburg is full of black lawyers, doctors and other professionals.  The same is true of places like the area surrounding Penn State--within the confines of State College and its environs, people of color are not only tolerated but welcomed.  Outside that region, however, I don't think you can be so sure.

Yeah . . . I'm not really believing the word of a 30-year-old mother of two who marries a kid she met on vacation . . . and then turns into a high school mean girl herself when she finds out he's chatting with another high school girl online.

If she were a really dedicated, concerned mother, she would not have become involved with a person who would cause disruption of her life and those of her children.  Not just a POC . . . ANY person who might have caused disruption (convict, etc.).

• Love 16
(edited)
On 6/19/2019 at 7:52 AM, iwasish said:

I don’t think she can just throw him out. There’s no domestic violence, he’s been living there, they are married. Since she hasn’t applied for an adjustment of status so that he can get a green card, she’s going to be stuck. She’s sponsored him. I’ll bet she has to file an eviction notice on him. 

Wonder if she pulled down the big MR and MRS decal in the bedroom.

Another one I’ve got no sympathy for. She knew exactly how this would end. 

And I'm even less sympathetic because she dragged her kids along for the ride on this bullshit roller coaster.  What a chaotic mess they've been living in whilst this played out.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 8
On 6/18/2019 at 4:29 PM, Hannah94 said:

Trashley didn't even seem shocked or upset upon hearing about the bathroom incident. She simply said something like "thanks for the information". If I found out my husband did that, I'd lose my shit, at least for a few minutes. She is desensitized to his infidelity.

I wouldn't have been able to drive. I'd have had to call my scooter friend to come pick me up.

Wonder if that's who she called to come be with her. If so, there probably was a rain delay. 😏

• Love 4
On 6/19/2019 at 9:03 AM, Drogo said:

andrei-castravet-job.jpg?quality=65&stri

Absolutely not.  We need to find $600, but we can't find it with Libby's dad (where we found the rest of our money.)  Libby's dad is dead to us, @Mrs. Hanson.   

Aw, he looks so sweet in that picture. Must have swallowed some Hyde juice sometime after this pic was taken.

Yes, Libby's dad is dead to us! Don't sabotage me for $600! Where is that credit card? I don't know who pays on the account, but it can't be Libby's dad, I forbid it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 6/19/2019 at 1:23 PM, charmed1 said:

I’m so confused by Obed’s “they did it to me, too,” confession to Chantal. If he was conned by Family Pedro, why is he just now mentioning it? 

So Anddrrei wants to spend hundreds of dollars to fly to New York to babysit his adult father for a few hours while leaving his pregnant wife at home. Sure, that makes sense. 

Not sure he was saying he was conned. On an episode quite a bit earlier, he said he was dating someone they knew who was in the U.S. and said Pedro's family broke them up and that's why they're no longer friends. He didn't say anything specific about why they did that, however.

Can't say anything about Annnddrei and his complete lack of logic. It must be as someone said earlier, he huffs and puffs and then just sits by waiting for Libby to get her father to pay while he pretends not to approve nor notice.

• Love 6
On 6/19/2019 at 5:38 PM, magemaud said:

My late mother in law hated wearing her seat belt, complaining that it was uncomfortable across her chest. But she was so worried about the police noticing that she was an unbuckled front seat passenger, she used to HOLD the end of the belt across her body the entire ride. I always thought that sounded much more uncomfortable!

Speaking of driving, did anyone notice Ashley when she was confronting Jay on her phone while behind the wheel? Not only was she holding her phone, she had her left leg bent with her foot on the seat! 

I drove like that when I was young and dumb.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, renatae said:

Aw, he looks so sweet in that picture. Must have swallowed some Hyde juice sometime after this pic was taken.

Yes, Libby's dad is dead to us! Don't sabotage me for $600! Where is that credit card? I don't know who pays on the account, but it can't be Libby's dad, I forbid it!

1 hour ago, renatae said:

Not sure he was saying he was conned. On an episode quite a bit earlier, he said he was dating someone they knew who was in the U.S. and said Pedro's family broke them up and that's why they're no longer friends. He didn't say anything specific about why they did that, however.

Can't say anything about Annnddrei and his complete lack of logic. It must be as someone said earlier, he huffs and puffs and then just sits by waiting for Libby to get her father to pay while he pretends not to approve nor notice.

I wish someone would ask him about this hypocrisy at the tell all.   I know Shaun hates asking the questions I really want answered, but it would be nice.

Like does Andrei know that all the money comes from Libby's dad?  If so, how does he justify his behavior?  Also, how much handyman work has he done?

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:
On 6/19/2019 at 5:38 PM, magemaud said:

Speaking of driving, did anyone notice Ashley when she was confronting Jay on her phone while behind the wheel? Not only was she holding her phone, she had her left leg bent with her foot on the seat! 

I drove like that when I was young and dumb.

I was never that limber! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Yeah . . . I'm not really believing the word of a 30-year-old mother of two who marries a kid she met on vacation . . . and then turns into a high school mean girl herself when she finds out he's chatting with another high school girl online.

If she were a really dedicated, concerned mother, she would not have become involved with a person who would cause disruption of her life and those of her children.  Not just a POC . . . ANY person who might have caused disruption (convict, etc.).

There was no sign that Jay got any negative attention while living in Mechanicsburg. The clip with people staring in the market, was due to them being followed by cameras.

Also her kids father(s) didn’t seem to object to a black stepfather from Jamaica who isn’t  even old enough to drink. 

In addition, he was going out at night alone to McDonalds and the convenience stores and never once was hassled by the cops or had anyone call 911 with a suspicious person report. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

Okay, how's this (since only Pedro seems to understand what needs to be done here, and nobody in Family Chantel will let him say more than two words at a time).  Pedro says--and I guarantee Family Chantel will listen to this before exploding in outrage--that he accepts their apology, that his mother says she is sorry, too, for the way things happened, and could they please all start over and not talk about the past any more?

And every thing they say, he responds to with "I know--I appreciate your apology and I hope you will accept my mother's apology in the same spirit" or some variation.  Just refuse to be entangled in assigning blame, in who disrespected whom, in who owes whom an apology.  Just assume that everyone has behaved like an adult and refuse to be swayed from that position.

Anybody else a fan of Monty Python's "confuse the cat" sketch?

• Love 6

It’s hard to even picture his mother apologizing. She reminds me of Marta, the Colombian’s wife at the hotel in Scarface, with a machine gun under her pillows.  Can’t wait to hear Obed’s version of events...

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 6/21/2019 at 8:58 AM, Lemur said:

Yeah, she a CNA at a nursing home while working on her BSN.  

I can’t see this. CNA work is hard and dirty. Chantal comes across as too prissy to do the dirty work. I mean changing bedpans, lifting patients, feeding patients, etc.  But it does explain why she has been in school for so long if she is working and attending school.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, mochamajesty said:

I can’t see this. CNA work is hard and dirty. Chantal comes across as too prissy to do the dirty work. I mean changing bedpans, lifting patients, feeding patients, etc.  But it does explain why she has been in school for so long if she is working and attending school.

I think CNAs also make minimum wage, which may be why she resents him sending money home she could spend on her face.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, iwasish said:

If Pedro is acting he’s doing a great job. He really comes across as a guy torn between his wife and his family. He looks like he hasn’t slept in a couple days, yet Chantel is bright eyed and bushy tailed, with her giraffe eyelashes.  I hope their marriage is over. She’s a stuck up, snotty little twit. I was on the fence about whether they could salvage it but after her talking head where she calls him “ a little bitch” and gets all smug and superior, I was done with her. She’s exactly like her mother. I hope River finds a girl that hates her and River defends his girl over Chantel. 

Pay Per View!!!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Spike said:
3 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

I think CNAs also make minimum wage, which may be why she resents him sending money home she could spend on her face.

I remember way back the first season they were on, (seems like 100 years ago) Chantel said she worked in a nursing home as a nurse's aide and at her parents' cheer-leading school. Nursing school classes must be part time since it's taking her so long. 

• Love 3
On 6/19/2019 at 10:06 PM, lids said:

Andrei explained that his Dad will be missing his connecting flight in NYC, therefore he will have to stay in NYC overnight until he flies out to Tampa the next day. (Why would there be so few flights from NYC to Tampa that Daddy Andrei loses a whole day?) But yes, Andrei is worried about his Dad being stranded in NYC with no one to help him get around.

The reason the cost of the travel is high is because Andrei is buying round trip at the last minute. He’s not just buying one ticket.

So far Pao is doing pretty well with the home birth. I started freaking out when the doula said the baby’s head was turned the wrong way.

There are 3 airports in the NYC area. 4 if u count Islip. There must be at least 20 daily flights to Tampa. I think Aaaaannnnnddddrrrraaaayyy just wants to get away from Libby for a day or two. And have Daddy pay for it. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Father Andrei was worth the price of admission. What a thoughtful, gracious man, although I absolutely reserve the right to change my mind on that one (I've already been burned by Andrei this season). Maybe the language barrier was a factor in his likeability, but he was perfectly gracious about everything and even called Andrei out for making conflict. His eating the burger with a knife and fork was funny.

Having said all that, it was lunacy to pay $600 for 17 hours or whatever it was, unless of course production paid for it, in which case go for it.

Jay is a moron with no concept of the long con. All he had to do was stick it out for a few years, play nice the whole time, then divorce, at which point he could go hog wild. Whether he screwed the girl in the barbershop or not, he must have really, really pissed off his boys to make them turn on him like that. Barbershop talk is usually sacrosanct.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23

Did you all catch when Father Andrrrrrei was telling Andrrrrrei to be calm, Lizzie said “for the sake of the baby, we all need to get along.”   Andrrrrrrei was like. “Yeah that’s what he said”  IT WAS NOT.  Father Andrrrrrei was giving realistic advice. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, nytonc said:

There are 3 airports in the NYC area. 4 if u count Islip.

The problem was Andrei’s dad was flying into JFK and Andrei wanted to accompany him on his connecting flight to Tampa, so other airports weren’t a viable option 

• Love 2
On 6/19/2019 at 6:28 PM, Angry Moldolvian said:

Obed definitely has an agenda, did he date Nicole? He has a very gay vibe to him

Obed is gay. He said that Nicole broke up him and his boyfriend, and it sounds like it happened after Chantel and Pedro were married. Now he's a man scorned and is ready to call out Pedro's wonky family.

I was very impressed that Pao pulled off the natural birth. I was NOT impressed that she and Russ started immediately bickering as soon the baby was born. I don't think they will last-- my guess is Pao will stay with him for a couple more kids and then split, or anytime before that happens. They just do not get along and it's so annoying. 

The next annoying constantly bickering couple, Libby and Andrei also don't seem to very stable as a couple. They fight  over everything and they never seem to be having any fun together, or even just chill together. They both annoy me, can't stand to listen to it.

Ashley and Jay-- thank god it's over. Also, you don't have to be licensed to do tattoos in Maryland, so if Jay was just practicing like Ashley said to stay fresh on his art, there is nothing wrong with that. 

Colt and Larissa. Clearly, that relationship is FINALLY over. FINALLY! They are the most toxic couple ever.

I don't hold much hope for any of these couples on this show. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

During clinicals at school, she is doing all those things. It's part of the training. After graduating, she will often find herself in a position to do bedside care. Some rare hospitals don't even employ CNA's. We had a head nurse who insisted all the RN's had to have one patient every day for whom they provided bedside care, such as bathing the patient, changing the sheets, etc. She wanted to make sure the RN's did not forget the importance of such care to the patient.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
39 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I hope TLC is through with Rooos and Pao after this. Watching Pao boss around her little neutered bitch boy got old ages ago. I don't care about them whatsoever. Wanting to give birth in that crappy little (rented) hovel is cringeworthy.

Where does Andrei think all of their money comes from? Every cent is from Libby's dad. He's totally delusional. I'm shocked that Father Andrei is so reasonable and soft-spoken. How did Andrei end up with such an arrogant, domineering attitude?

I cannot put forth anymore energy towards Chantel and Pedro. They've been having the same argument for as long as anyone can remember. The marriage was doomed from the words "student visa." Divorce already.

Trashley really thinks that she can get Jay deported with a snap of her fingers and that's yet more proof that she's an idiot. There is something very juvenile about her behavior. Sitting around with another trashtastic friend, calling Jay's girlfriends and cussing... next week looks like an episode of Springer or COPS. She and Danielle need to get together to complain about their younger, foreign husbands who took them for the morons they are.

I’m sure the cops will love arriving to a domestic disturbance and finding cameras filming a reality show. I hope they hand Trashley her ass and explain that she can’t kick him out of HIS home. 

She’s upset that he lets his dick run his life.. honey it’s your pussy that got you into this mess. It didn’t want to leave vacation dick where you found it. If anything he has his age as an excuse, poor one that it may be. She’s got no excuse. 

• Love 11