Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E16: More than a Feelin'

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

But it’s such an apt reference for Lu! In the show Cabaret, the main character, Sally, is singing “Life is a Cabaret” as a way of saying “to heck with these Nazis invading Germany—I’m gonna enjoy life!” Lu is doing exactly that—except her “Nazi Germany” is lawsuits, alcoholism, and facing her 50s being single. 

Perfect!

I was watching an episode of Becker last night; Linda asked Becker if he wanted to go to a play her friend was doing, and his response was a deadpan"My life is already a cabaret". Mr Darling didn't understand why I found it so funny.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Didn't Lu perform earlier seasons at either Ramona or Jill's birthday party?  I really believe she takes herself seriously as an artist.  

As for her being an alcoholic. I know there are stories of her being sloppy drunk in public when she was married to the count.  One story she was basically drug out of a party by him after her being all over another man.  If she wasn't an alcoholic, why is it so hard for her to stay sober?

Ah I missed all the sloppy stories.  Perhaps she somehow managed to look like one of the most sober ones on the show all these years.

• Love 1

Bravo is playing (I think) Season 1 reunion.  I loved Beth so much back then!  Seeing how naturally funny and much more muted makes me sad.  Happy for her success at least monetarily in life, but wish she still was that more self-aware, naturally funny person.  Also sad that the relationship with Jill and Beth didn't work out because they were gold together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

As for calling 911... I’m legitimately floored. Like, say he had just passed out and could have been potentially revived. The poor dog was old, sick, and likely in pain. Let him go peacefully and be thankful you didn’t have to make that (heart wrenching) decision on *when* to put him down. Like, I’m sure she was partially in shock, but in reality, reviving him would have been a selfish-bordering on cruel-thing to do. (And I say this as someone who likes Tinsley and loves my pets to the moon and back - including that Angel in my avatar who we lost last year ❤️). 

I think EMS deployed because it was Palm Beach and Tinsley was so hysterical on the phone that they were afraid she was having a panic attack or worse.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 6/21/2019 at 11:35 AM, izabella said:

It really doesn't.  Last episode when we saw her waking up without make-up in Miami, Ramona's skin looked horrible.  She looks every year she has racked up.  I don't know what she uses to spackle, but my guess is airbrushed makeup which makes skin look very smooth and flawless.  But her natural skin is nowhere near flawless.  Maybe the cameraman took off the soft focus filter for that Miami bed shot.

I totally agree. I'm always wondering why people, including  Ramona herself, make a big deal out of how young she looks, when I think she looks exactly her age. Maybe it's because she dresses younger, and has a more youthful haircut then most 60 year old women? But when it comes to her skin without makeup on, I don't see anything special there at all. 

• Love 7

When Bethenny explained why her relationship with Lu Anne is different from Dorinda's it was very revealing.  She said Dorinda and Lu Anne are friends and have a friendship which is very different than what she has with Lu Anne.  Lu Anne what just thanking her properly with a gift.  Bethenny said she would do the intervention for anyone who needed it  just like she did it for  Lu Anne -- anyone who needed it-- and therefore it was not driven by friendship.  Bethenny is powerful and can get things done and she loves demonstrating this to others.  She knows powerful people, she has lots of money.   Her motivation is self serving even though in the end others benefit.   Just my final thought on that.  Thank you. 

• Love 14
On 6/21/2019 at 4:21 PM, FozzyBear said:

I've noted before that Ramona is at her best when shit is hitting the fan in epic ways, but in normal conversations she's wildly inappropriate. If I went to her house and asked for a Diet Coke and she gave me a regular coke and I set her curtains on fire in response, she'd probably calmly put out the fire and get me a Diet Coke. If I just said "I asked for a Diet Coke. This is regular coke" she'd start screaming and kick me out of her house and then sell tabloid stories about me as revenge. Homegirl is ONLY comfortable in chaos. It's one of the reasons I believe her stories about her abusive childhood. Not all the details (because Ramona is a liar), but I believe something bad happened to her as a kid. No one should feel that comforted by hostility and that threatened by calm.

I know exactly what you mean and I think this is spot on.

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Bravo is playing (I think) Season 1 reunion.  I loved Beth so much back then!  Seeing how naturally funny and much more muted makes me sad.  Happy for her success at least monetarily in life, but wish she still was that more self-aware, naturally funny person.  Also sad that the relationship with Jill and Beth didn't work out because they were gold together.

I never watched season 1 so I'm watching now. FF anything that is Jill or Alex.  First, Ramona is very pretty. She and Mario treated Avery very respectfully and lovingly. Luanne and her husband together was sweet as well. Luanne seemed to be very happy being married and really proud of her children and husband. She had the iconic haircut that Rinna still sports. I think she may have stayed at home when her husband was around and went out when he was gone. Which it seems was a lot. Her pretentiousness was more evident back then when she was with others who weren't rich, like Alex and Bethanny. She makes a lot of comments that are pretty rude.

Bethanny was pretty much the same. Hanging and chasing rich people. Dropping that she went to boarding school, and bragging about having her room paid for by the owner of the hotel. Trying to get her boyfriend to have a baby with her. Talking about how important her career was. She talks about her dad a lot. She doesn't talk about him now. Something must have happened between Season 1 and his death.

The most incredible difference was the production value. The first season seems like it was shot with a camcorder and definitely with a much much much smaller budget. It had a Real World vibe.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 6
On 6/22/2019 at 1:05 AM, HunterHunted said:

Dorinda isn't really jealous of Luann. I think Dorinda thinks she or any of the other women would do just as good a job with a cabaret show designed around them because Luann can't sing, is abysmal at telling jokes, has no sense of humor about herself, and really isn't charming. And as much as Dorinda can't stand Sonja, I think Dorinda recognizes that if Sonja had people like Billy Stritch and Ben Rimalower creating her Caburlesque, that it might have been successful. No one would have ever wondered if Sonja was in on the joke like they do constantly with Luann. I think that's the teensiest bit of jealousy that Dorinda has--that Luann had someone without solicitation create a fully formed sustainable side hustle where the only effort Luann has to put in is for part of the performance. Mostly, I think Dorinda is a little bored and would like something to break up the monotony.

But every other part of Luann's life? No! Dorinda has absolutely no jealousy about that. Dorinda has a wealthy well connected boyfriend who adores her and lets her dictate the boundaries of their relationship. She has a massive historic estate in the Berkshires and an apartment in the city that she owns full out. She has a good relationship with Hannah that hasn't resulted in litigation. Dorinda seems to have enough money to travel and do what she wants.

What we're witnessing from Dorinda towards Luann is vengeance and rage. Dorinda is pissed because it took her a long time to figure out that there was nothing reciprocal in her friendship with Luann. Dorinda was the one giving and getting nothing back. That's what the Jovani thing was about. It was in all likelihood one of John's connections that got her all of those free dresses for her cabaret show, but Luann couldn't even comp him a ticket. 

Dorinda was defending Luann and that travesty of a marriage sometimes to the detriment of her other friendships. Dorinda said on the after show that she used to be equally friendly with Barbara before Luann's life started falling apart. Dorinda said that Luann started telling each of the women different things about the others. She'd tell Barbara things that Dorinda and Sonja were doing that she, Luann, didn't think were supportive and vice versa. So they'd all be at each other's throats and no one would be calling Luann on her shit. Furthermore, Dorinda is livid that Luann dared to be sanctimonious ON CAMERA about Dorinda's drinking.

If Dorinda's life was so great, she would not have the deep rage she seems to have. (And I also think that Hannah was trying to tell us in her scene earlier in this season that Dorinda has been deeply unhappy for a long time).

I don't think that Dorinda is jealous of Lu, I agree with you on that. But I think Dorinda's viciousness and her rage doesn't really stem from recognizing that her friendship with Lu is ostensibly one-sided. I think that Dorinda is just a very unhappy person and has a real problem with alcohol, and those two things combined means she's a pretty unstable person. 

I wouldn't want to be friends with any of these women, really, but Dorinda is the one I would actively avoid. I don't think she's trustworthy and she's completely unwilling to take responsibility for her words and actions. Lu happens to be a convenient target right now, but it will be all of them eventually. 

• Love 8
On 6/21/2019 at 12:37 PM, kicksave said:

Thank you for bringing up Dorinda's commentary on Tinsley. Yes, Tinsley is a trust fund kid and has her own money. For Dorinda to start some ugly gossip that Tinsley is being subsidized by Scott post break up is shit stirring at its worst. And Dorinda, who admitted that she stays with her fat slob of a boyfriend for the free dry cleaning, is the last one to be making an observation on someone's else's past or present relationship. I dare say Dorinda's weird daughter is a trust fund kid. Dorinda has turned into the most obnoxious troll since she made her debut on this show. And she should not be making remarks on anyone else's drinking...she would be considered a mean drunk in any other circle of people outside of a Bravo reality show.

Yes, yes, and YES!! 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think EMS deployed because it was Palm Beach and Tinsley was so hysterical on the phone that they were afraid she was having a panic attack or worse.

I've been thinking the same thing.  They were probably more worried about the human than they were the animal.  I understand her pain, but when your pet is chronically ill and you know the end is near, I think her reaction was a bit extreme.  I say this as someone who has lost pets too, so I do feel bad for her, but it's never crossed my mind to call the paramedics for an animal issue.  It's either take them to their Vet or to an animal emergency clinic if it's after hours.  

• Love 7
On 6/21/2019 at 11:59 PM, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

No kidding. I weigh 240 and two glasses of cheap Pinot and I’m asleep. 

No shit.  Since we’re all letting it out, I was a Virgin bride when I got married at 22.  I was scared shit of my mother if I got pregnant.  Now I’m sorry I missed out on all the fun, haha.  Only know one man. I’m an old bag now, should I have an affair?  Lol.  Maybe I should ask Lu or Sonja.  Maybe I should go to the Regency and see that ole fart, what’s his name?  The one that Sonja says loves her.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
(edited)

Hey ..  Some people take a tranquilizer or a drink before something stressful.  I think when the probation is over, she definitely will have a good size drink before and after her performances to settle down I hope.  The thing is, is one or two enough?

Edited by Gem 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 6/21/2019 at 9:51 AM, kicksave said:

my buddy, my best pal, passed. Saddest and worst day of my life...so I get her grief...

I do not own a dog, but I can understand how dogs have unconditional love for their masters, and in a world where trusting anyone is difficult, Tinsley lost a pet who loved her for her. Ramona's discomfort bothered me as Tinsley was REALLY sobbing. She was hurting and it was like Ramona didn't know what to do with her.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

No shit.  Since we’re all letting it out, I was a Virgin bride when I got married at 22.  I was scared shit of my mother if I got pregnant.  Now I’m sorry I missed out on all the fun, haha.  Only know one man. I’m an old bag now, should I have an affair?  Lol.  Maybe I should ask Lu or Sonja.  Maybe I should go to the Regency and see that ole fart, what’s his name?  The one that Sonja says loves her.

I hope my husband isn't reading over my shoulder.

I wasn't a virgin bride but I'd only had sex with my first husband.  We were together for almost 30 years.  About a year after he died, I realized that if some guy wanted to sleep with me and I wanted to sleep with him, there was nothing to stop me. 

I was well on my way to being a town slut (at age 47) when I met my current husband.  New sex was fun (especially after being with the same man all those years), but I know that it would have been very depressing had I continued. 

What will save these women is meeting someone who is marriage-worthy, and someone who thinks that they are marriage worthy (or even commitment worthy).   Even if they don't get married, knowing that someone values you will cause you to put a value on yourself.  These women haven't found that yet, except maybe Dorinda -- John would marry her in a heartbeat.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Fellow old bag that enjoyed my slut years but in general you aren't missing much! 🙂 

• Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I hope my husband isn't reading over my shoulder.

I wasn't a virgin bride but I'd only had sex with my first husband.  We were together for almost 30 years.  About a year after he died, I realized that if some guy wanted to sleep with me and I wanted to sleep with him, there was nothing to stop me. 

I was well on my way to being a town slut (at age 47) when I met my current husband.  New sex was fun (especially after being with the same man all those years), but I know that it would have been very depressing had I continued. 

What will save these women is meeting someone who is marriage-worthy, and someone who thinks that they are marriage worthy (or even commitment worthy).   Even if they don't get married, knowing that someone values you will cause you to put a value on yourself.  These women haven't found that yet, except maybe Dorinda -- John would marry her in a heartbeat.

Thanks.  I feel better.  Guess I won’t persue Harry Dubin. Lol.    Talking about Harry, Sonja would have to move to a far away state where she’s not known.  Who in this City would marry her knowing she’s been around with practically everyone?  She’s looking for rich?  She’s lucky to get anyone with her reputation.  Luann too.  It doesn’t look too good for either of them.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 7
On 6/22/2019 at 2:48 PM, sasha206 said:

I think that happens on every one of these franchises.  Ready made businesses that tweak their products to have a celebrity -- even a reality celebrity -- carry its name.  I think this is why Beth gets a bit aggravated.  It sounds like she actually hustled for years to create a real business, while these other ones just get a hint of fame and then all the sudden start something --- like Kristin's Pop-of-Color thing, Jules Modern Alkeme thing.  How man skin care lines do these RH franchises start?  The fashion lines that go nowhere but give a season or two of a storyline.  My guess is they just lend their name to something and pretend it's something they've worked on for many years that is finally coming to fruition.

I applaud Lu if she can actually sell some tix for this caberet stuff.  I do think that she really thinks she can sing though!  I'm not sure that she's in on the joke.  

What I can't figure out with Lu though is her face.  For the longest time, she seemed the most untouched by fillers and botox.  She has great cheekbones and used to not wear a whole lot of makeup.  I know she's had the deep voice, but she never looked manly to me.  Sometimes on this show she still looks like the old Lu; other times her face looks like it has too much filler, too much makeup and she had a manly look to her.

She's getting older. As a hispanic woman who has had a lot of very striking women in the family. (Dark features, eyes, hair. skin tone) Those very features start to turn very "handsome" looking once age starts to really kick in. Lu has some of those similar features and unfortunately the severity of those characteristic which look stunning in younger years tend to start looking harsh in older years.  She's going to need to be a little more strategic as she gets older about her make up choices and look into some natural options to soften those features moving forward. 

On 6/22/2019 at 5:53 PM, gingerella said:

What is her real problem?

I'm not sure if this is a case of YMMV, or you say poTAYto and I say poTAHto but, from where I sit, Lu's main issues are that she's a raging asshole. And that stems from being a narcissist, and there is no cure for that so...She was like this when we first met her, she just tried to hide her assholishness more and now that she doesn't have to hide that from The Count, she is letting her asshole flag fly high. And she seems proud of it, which I find weird but then again, I don't think I'm a narcissist so that's probably why I dont get it.

Who is this Deb you speak of?

Life...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/22/2019 at 8:16 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

If it were important to Lu, she should have been there. Lu just assumed that someone should stop their time for her because she is entitled. 

I don't know if Lu is an alcoholic, but she sure acts like one who isn't in recovery.

I don't think she assumed anyone would stop anything. I don't think she expected an official attempt to block her from getting a massage at all though. Pretty reasonable to think that grown women don't sit around a room figuring out ways to punish another grown woman for fun. But YMMV.

• Love 1
On 6/22/2019 at 8:20 PM, jumper sage said:

It had in the media thread.  She has been sloshed since we knew her.

No I meant like some scathing revelation either on the show or in the newspapers. Not just silly gossip. Like some meat and potatoes. Her arrest was Lu behaving badly and getting caught and I truly think if that was the norm then it would have definitely come out by now. Or those "unnamed sources" coming out with stories making claims like she drinks all day or is constantly slurring drunk at functions etc. etc. Those unnamed sources are always ready to dish on anything.  But over the years all we've had is housewives footage of her falling into the bushes and what else? Drinking and partying with the others?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/23/2019 at 6:45 AM, Duke2801 said:

None of the wives even remotely said or implied that Lu should be walking around with her head shorn while somebody rings the “shame” bell behind her. They’re saying to stop being a narcissistic asshole. Big difference. 

Oh come on.. why does she have to stop preening about her cabaret? Because it annoys them? So what. Prancing around high on the one thing that she's not feeling completely overwhelmed by is really not that big a deal. 

And who goes on a campaign to chastise someone that intensely. Lu's been attacked over and over again because she's annoying. It's really not that hard the manuever around Lu's brand of annoying without resorting to the extreme nastiness, and blatant meanest that pretty much ALL of these women have taken a turn dishing towards Lu. It's is way over the top and way more than Lu deserves. 

I find it a very simple minded way to get a someone who bugs you. If they can't manage their emotions at their ages and can still let the <gasp> heinous act of being pompous send you into the throws over madness then I'm more repulsed by that behavior than anything Lu throws out there. 

I mean does no one expect people to reasonably control their temper anymore. That's basically what it all boils down to. 

On 6/23/2019 at 9:06 AM, Real Housewife LI said:

I don’t know any group where if you aren’t around you get to be first in line. 🤷🏽‍♀️

That wasn't the point I was making.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2
On 6/22/2019 at 2:22 PM, RHJunkie said:

This is what I've suspected from jump regarding Lu being an alcoholic. I haven't heard any stories about Lu being a danger to herself or others behind closed doors when she's drinking. We haven't seen that aggressive behaviour in Lu in public whether at social events or on girls trips. Up until her arrest, it seemed like her only crazy drunk nights were on girls trips. I do think she was triggered by Tom and she drank a lot while in an angry state which led to aggressive behaviour because she felt like the cops were misunderstanding her...not realizing how intoxicated she actually was. It led to some seriously bad decisions and I think she probably received legal advice to own the alcoholic label in order in order to receive some leniency given that she was a first time offender. I think it's all more strategic and she's leaning into it but once her sobriety is on longer court ordered, I suspect that we'll eventually see a Lu that will say that she feels confident that she handle her alcohol in moderation because she's in such a good place in life and she realized it was the stress of her relationship with Tom that was the catalyst and not because she can't be around alcohol at all.

Bingo!!!

On 6/22/2019 at 8:16 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

If it were important to Lu, she should have been there. Lu just assumed that someone should stop their time for her because she is entitled. 

I don't know if Lu is an alcoholic, but she sure acts like one who isn't in recovery.

I don't think Lu ever made that assumption though. She felt as entitled as the rest of the women to receive the same amenities that they were receiving and I don't think that's unfair. She was also on the trip. Tinsley and Ramona weren't disqualified from the amenities despite also having left the group to have their own personal time. She only mentioned being last for the masseuse and having to do her own hair because it contributed to her being late but she didn't make a spectacle about it nor did she complain about.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Thanks.  I feel better.  Guess I won’t persue Harry Dubin. Lol.    Talking about Harry, Sonja would have to move to a far away state where she’s not known.  Who in this City would marry her knowing she’s been around with practically everyone?  She’s looking for rich?  She’s lucky to get anyone with her reputation.  Luann too.  It doesn’t look too good for either of them.

And this, young women, is an object lesson in “God bless the child that’s got their own.”  Possibly Lu can still straighten out her finances and be self-supporting. Sonja? Highly unlikely.

As far as men not wanting a woman who’s been very sexually active, Imma go out on a limb here and say that Sonja’s behavior with Morgan and with her divorce money is a way bigger turnoff for any UES old guys looking for a wife. 

Sonja clearly lacked common sense in not returning to her Daddy Warbucks — er, her soulmate beloved on his sickbed.  But she showed absolute stupidity in how she handled her alimony afterward. 

The rich stay rich in large part because they are careful with their assets. Sonja is the opposite. I say that’s a huge problem in her snagging another wealthy spouse. Way more than her sexual history.

Luann? Haven’t given it much thought. Sonja’s liability is far easier to see. YMMV. 

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Oh come on.. why does she have to stop preening about her cabaret? Because it annoys them? So what. Prancing around high on the one thing that she's not feeling completely overwhelmed by is really not that big a deal. 

And who goes on a campaign to chastise someone that intensely. Lu's been attacked over and over again because she's annoying. It's really not that hard the manuever around Lu's brand of annoying without resorting to the extreme nastiness, and blatant meanest that pretty much ALL of these women have taken a turn dishing towards Lu. It's is way over the top and way more than Lu deserves. 

I find it a very simple minded way to get a someone who bugs you. If they can't manage their emotions at their ages and can still let the <gasp> heinous act of being pompous send you into the throws over madness then I'm more repulsed by that behavior than anything Lu throws out there. 

I mean does no one expect people to reasonably control their temper anymore. That's basically what it all boils down to. 

That wasn't the point I was making.

How many times have we heard Bethenny go on and on about Skinny Girl and all of her brand products? How many times have we been visually assaulted with all of her product placements? Why isn't that annoying? Why is Tinsley talking about her fucked up relationship with Scott for how many seasons now not considered annoying? Why is Ramona's constant foot in mouth syndrome not annoying? Why is Sonja's desperate need for attention and horrible drunken behaviour not annoying? Why is Dorinda's slurring, aggressive behaviour not annoying? These are all common traits for all of these women but it's not 'annoying' because they've decided that they're going to focus their energy on Lu as if none of them have been on the other side of being an exhausting asshole. I have been very critical of Lu's behaviour this season because she has been self-absorbed (and I guess she's finally admitted to that) but I absolutely don't agree with this group mentality to address her, especially when most of the women have given little energy to helping Lu when she was at her lowest but are giving far more energy in being annoyed with her. They don't have a genuine gripe in this game that I should constantly be hearing them in the background yapping away (I'm looking at you Tinsley). Bethenny and Barabara had legitimate issues and while I don't think Bethenny handled it in an appropriate, at least there was a real reason there.

Ramona has been the most reasonable and thoughtful of the women in the way she's approached Lu.  She's had one on one conversations with Lu and has been honest about Lu's behaviour and while she has spoken about Lu to the women, she doesn't seem delighted to be gossiping about her the way Tinsley and Dorinda do and she's not going out of her way to find ways to punish Lu. Frankly, it's pretty fucking scare when Ramona is your voice of reason.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

How many times have we heard Bethenny go on and on about Skinny Girl and all of her brand products? How many times have we been visually assaulted with all of her product placements? Why isn't that annoying? Why is Tinsley talking about her fucked up relationship with Scott for how many seasons now not considered annoying? Why is Ramona's constant foot in mouth syndrome not annoying? Why is Sonja's desperate need for attention and horrible drunken behaviour not annoying? Why is Dorinda's slurring, aggressive behaviour not annoying? These are all common traits for all of these women but it's not 'annoying' because they've decided that they're going to focus their energy on Lu as if none of them have been on the other side of being an exhausting asshole. I have been very critical of Lu's behaviour this season because she has been self-absorbed (and I guess she's finally admitted to that) but I absolutely don't agree with this group mentality to address her, especially when most of the women have given little energy to helping Lu when she was at her lowest but are giving far more energy in being annoyed with her. They don't have a genuine gripe in this game that I should constantly be hearing them in the background yapping away (I'm looking at you Tinsley). Bethenny and Barabara had legitimate issues and while I don't think Bethenny handled it in an appropriate, at least there was a real reason there.

Ramona has been the most reasonable and thoughtful of the women in the way she's approached Lu.  She's had one on one conversations with Lu and has been honest about Lu's behaviour and while she has spoken about Lu to the women, she doesn't seem delighted to be gossiping about her the way Tinsley and Dorinda do and she's not going out of her way to find ways to punish Lu. Frankly, it's pretty fucking scare when Ramona is your voice of reason.

Aside from Beth's ridiculousness I really think Dorinda's behavior should definitely be more a cause for concern or at least a serious back slap (sorry, J/K) :-) 

But seriously, her drunken antics are extensive. And her not so drunken attitude can be pretty nasty too.

But there's season after season of some seriously dark and disgusting behavior from her and Lu saying caberet, please support me is the most atrocious of atrocities. Really?

Her attacks on Sonja. Screaming and telling her that her vagina needs a toll or something like that???? Her aggression towards Heather. All of her screaming to Sonja cause it has happened more than once. The nasty display with Beth and co. The argument with Lu.

I mean in almost all of those interactions Dorinda's gotten pretty aggressive and physical is some way. Or she's actually making physical threats too. Then she really does laugh about it afterwards or has this very, it wasn't that bad reaction when her drunken behavior comes up. She's very "shrug her shoulders and oh well" about some very nasty behavior.

It's terrible to see how angered women get over a woman relishing in her own glory ( I say again, SO WHAT!!) to the point that they need to bring up every little thing in a group setting and lay in on their pray all at once (even the peanut gallery, TINSLEY!) but can seem to manuver around Dorinda heinous acts of drunken slurry bruiser with grace, ease, understanding and acceptance. Never has Dorinda's antics dragged out in side conversations of concern and discomfort and dragged out for episode after episode.

That to me is more disturbing than anything Lu has done (including getting arrested LOL!)

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't think Lu ever made that assumption though. She felt as entitled as the rest of the women to receive the same amenities that they were receiving and I don't think that's unfair. She was also on the trip. Tinsley and Ramona weren't disqualified from the amenities despite also having left the group to have their own personal time. She only mentioned being last for the masseuse and having to do her own hair because it contributed to her being late but she didn't make a spectacle about it nor did she complain about.

See that's my point. Lu mentions these things cause Ramona comes looking for her since the others were ready to leave. Lu rightly points out the reasons she's still not ready to Ramona. Sure you can tell she's giving a tone that suggests she's knows exactly what happened and what the intentions were but it's not like she threw a fit. 

It wasn't "cause she was late" cause you plainly see Dorinda and Sonja in bed waiting on massages and no one is near ready for anything at that point when Lu got back.  That tells me that the women deliberately waited to get started so that time would deliberately run out before Lu could use one or more of the amenities provided. 

Then to act like Lu being late is such a thing or Lu being annoyed by getting played is just her being a brat. No, you fucked with her and she's annoyed. You got what you wanted so ummmm what's the prob???? They are so ridiculous.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

Actually, she did complain about it -- she made some comment about how the hair and makeup people were tired from doing everyone else that they didn't give her as much attention as the others. She also complained that because she had to go last for the massage that people were walking through the room (the implication I got was that the other masseurs had finished and were packing up/moving their tables out, but no professional masseur is going to do that, especially in house that big with multiple ways to get around in the house). There might have been conversation among the group about how long Lu was going to be and they may have dared to ask, but she was definitely complaining about being last for hair, makeup, and massage. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

No I meant like some scathing revelation either on the show or in the newspapers. Not just silly gossip. Like some meat and potatoes. Her arrest was Lu behaving badly and getting caught and I truly think if that was the norm then it would have definitely come out by now. Or those "unnamed sources" coming out with stories making claims like she drinks all day or is constantly slurring drunk at functions etc. etc. Those unnamed sources are always ready to dish on anything.  But over the years all we've had is housewives footage of her falling into the bushes and what else? Drinking and partying with the others?

It was all over the media, her antics.  She would be drunk in parking lots and screaming.  You have to go back years and years.  Those of us who were there in the beginning know exactly what I am talking about.  The only reason it was rich-people-behaving-badly and not an arrest was because of the Count.  She does not have him to shield her or she doesn't have the "staff" to run interference for her anymore.

• Love 13

Just getting a chance now to see the episode. Too much Amazon Prime.

Luann. Not worth my time. I fast forwarded.

Tired of Bethany and her histrionics every damn season. It's getting old.

I'm with Ramona when it comes to the Puppy Popsicle Thaw Party. Just no.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Tinsley completely broke my heart!  My dog is 13 and is starting to have some health problems.  My biggest fear is coming home and finding he passed, or worse him having some horrible seizure or something traumatic.  I guess I'm also a complete idiot because I would probably call 911 also. I don't have the number to the nearest animal hospital on speed dial and probably would be too worked up to think straight.  At least 911 could give me the number of whom I should call.

Babs has turned into such sad sack.  I would have much more sympathy for her if she hadn't come in so hot and thinking she was going to run these bitches.  She turned me off from day one coming in like a lion.  Now she's going out like a lamb.  Babs, bye.

I loved the aerobics class.  Ramona had some moves.  Everyone looked good.  B needs to wear a support bra at all times.  Those huge bolt ons  pull down her entire small frame.  Her skin is already overstretching.

I had to laugh at Sonja just continuing to eat as Beth had her breakdown.  Girl I would have done the exact same!  Especially since Beth has a breakdown approximately every five minutes.  Dorinda may have been drunk but she was a good friend to Beth and made a lot of sense.  I just love that these ladies can have these huge blow ups but then just get over it and move on. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Me too.  I was a 21 year old bride.  Did not want to get pregnant.  Best friend blames my sister's hellion children scaring me.  I still would not visit the Regency for "D"

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I’m pretty sure we have seen all of the other HWs display moments of genuine kindness. I am trying to remember when Lu was nice to someone else, and it wasn’t self-serving.

- covering Sonja’s commando flash

- setting up Carole on a blind date

- adopting a dog for Noel

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Someone needs to inform Frankel that Real HWs don't get Emmy noms, no matter how much scenery they chew. And, it looks like we'll be subjected to yet another tiring performance next episode. Yippee.

Also, did anyone else notice how bruised and scraped her ankle and foot were in the scene where she's packing? It looked like she had been tied and bound with rope. Seriously, what the hell?

I loved Kissing Slut's dress, but not for $3K.

RIP Bambi. His death was a little extra sad given his mom's comment about being happy with just her Chihuahuas.

• Love 10
On 6/22/2019 at 4:45 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Note to Barbara: That's not a Belly Ring. That's the white turkey timer and it popped 87 hours ago.

Gah!

I saw this picture of Barbara from more than ten years ago.  Yes, she’s much younger, but without the orange coloring she looks much better.

040C50A1-1D6B-4C5E-8BA4-85D5444BD4A4.jpeg

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, mytmo said:

I still would not visit the Regency for "D"

I wholeheartedly agree.  I know that in Florida at least, the population with some of the highest rates of STIs is the 50+ crowd.  Apparently they fail to see that condoms do more than just prevent pregnancy.  I can see this happening with the Regency crowd especially with skeeves like Harry or Aviva's dad George.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I saw this picture of Barbara from more than ten years ago.  Yes, she’s much younger, but without the orange coloring she looks much better.

040C50A1-1D6B-4C5E-8BA4-85D5444BD4A4.jpeg

She's giving me Bette Midler vibes in that picture.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, jumper sage said:

It was all over the media, her antics.  She would be drunk in parking lots and screaming.  You have to go back years and years.  Those of us who were there in the beginning know exactly what I am talking about.  The only reason it was rich-people-behaving-badly and not an arrest was because of the Count.  She does not have him to shield her or she doesn't have the "staff" to run interference for her anymore.

I've been watching since season it first came on. The first I heard of these antics to any significant degree was her arrest. My point is, sure if you go digging for stuff and go looking under stones you find "bad behavior" or embarassing drunken episodes. Hell, I've got plenty but what I'm saying are those accusations that hold a bit of water from some inside source yada yada yada. If there were some real and true problem with alcohol it would have had a more relevant "reveal" by now. Like headline status, you know, for even non bravo fans to catch a glimpse of. There are plenty of people who don't watch bravo but who know about the Guidices legal problems and plenty of non bravo people who didn't know Lu until this recent brush with the law.

I'm just saying, having a few social faux paus involving alcohol is one thing but it being exposed as some long hidden addiction to me takes more than some gossip about how Lu cut loose every so often at some social event after having one too many.

Too benign of a story for me to consider it anything close to being a "long history of alcoholism"

• Love 2

Listening to the talk that Ramona and Bethenny had regarding their childhoods made me sad for both of them.  It clarified a lot of the juvenile behavior that manifests when they are under any kind of stress. 

It's as if they simply stopped maturing at a very young age and are still reactive whenever something happens that they have no control over.   Both seem to have interrupted growth patterns at a variety of their life stages. 

Ramona mostly acts like she's about 10, but Beth's tantrums are more of what a 5-6 year old would display when overly excited.  Not too much adult reaction to draw from during her emotional meltdowns. 

That said, I think they would both benefit from intensive, on-going therapy. 

Luann reminds me of this joke: What's the difference between a drunk and an alcoholic?  Drunks don't have to go to those stupid meetings. 

Luann needs to stop drinking.  She hasn't stopped, because she can't.  

IMHO, all of those women have a drinking "problem" which means they are all in dire need of an intervention and some serious drying out time.   

If I have a friend on a diet, and her favorite food is donuts, I don't serve donuts.  Likewise, if someone is working on their sobriety, I don't serve liquor nor do I even drink a glass of wine around them.  

Why would I subject them to such temptation when they are at their most vulnerable?  For what?  A drink I don't even need?  I don't much care for Luann, but she needs more than a Cabaret show to keep herself sober.  Lu needs to be around people who actually give a shit about her enough to put the booze away when she's with them.  

I get that it's up to her to stop, but she's still standing on extremely shaky, boozy ground.  Even when she states how much she'd like to drink, those women gloss over it like she never said anything.  WTF?  

Sonja is plainly and simply too dirty for me.  I can't deal with her.  She makes me uncomfortable.  She's dirty minded and dirty with her body.  Her whole demeanor is repulsive. 

When she throws herself on a couch or bed and lifts her legs up like she's a two year old, I want to smack her exposed ass with a riding crop and give her a few days worth of time out.   

Good thing she only hit her thick head when she fell.  No worries about getting hurt that way. 

Dorinda...is a very unhappy drunk. 

Barb needs to go away.  I can't identify with her one iota. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I never watched season 1 so I'm watching now...Bethenny was pretty much the same. Hanging and chasing rich people. Dropping that she went to boarding school, and bragging about having her room paid for by the owner of the hotel. Trying to get her boyfriend to have a baby with her. Talking about how important her career was. She talks about her dad a lot. She doesn't talk about him now. Something must have happened between Season 1 and his death.

I'm getting more into season one as well, and I agree.  I made several connections between this episode and season one.  

With the first ever episode, Bethenny seems so different, but as the season goes on--I think I'm up to episode four--I realized the main difference between season one Bethenny and current Bethenny is her looks, not her personality.  Even though her jaw was more square back then, I think she was alright in the face, and had a banging body.  She's aged a lot. Lu looks better to me now than she did then, and Ramona only looks slightly worse for the wear, so it's not just an across-the-board thing to go from being a pretty (not gorgeous) girl with a great figure to a skeleton with bright purple eyeshadow. 

I think Bethenny is obsessive-compulsive (not that she has the OC Disorder; I'll leave that up to the doctors).  But she just sees something she wants and does not stop trying to get it, whether it's an apology out of Luann, or an acknowledgement from Luann that Bethenny saved her life many times over, or whether Bethenny wants to marry her (divorced with three kids) boyfriend from season one, so that she can have her one child that she has been dreaming about forever...interesting that what Bethenny criticizes about Tinsley is exactly what Bethenny did in the past...letting those fertile years pass by while holding out for a husband.  Is this like a "do as I say and not as I do" thing?

All Bethenny talked about on the front half of season one (and maybe beyond) is a.) getting on the "fast track" with her relationship so that she can have one child; and b.) making business contacts.  That is all she gives a damn about.  Not other people.  Yet Bethenny now thinks Luann is an ogre for caring about herself. And Bethenny looks stupid too, because she was at a networking event and told a guy she was working on seven things.  When he asked her what she was working on, Bethenny said that sometimes you are working on so much that you can't even remember it all.

If someone had answered Bethenny that way now, in matters of business or life, she would fucking eviscerate them right and left, likely for months.   Or she would hold onto it for seasons, and mumble, at a dinner party,, or somewhere equally as inappropriate, "right, this is the genius, the brain child, the one who is working on seven things but can't remember one."  Oh, but what a sweet woman though!

I think that is why Luann sent the gift, ultimately.  Because she is afraid of Bethenny, which is gross.  And Dorinda?  You can back down with your tough talk too, because you are afraid of Bethenny as well.  The only one who doesn't seem afraid of Bethenny is Ramona.  And those two have gone for 12 bloody rounds over the years, and I think Bethenny realized it's better not to fight a two-front war right now. I am sure she will be at it again with Ramona next season.  

-------------------

The drinking is...suspect back then too.  Upthread, I represented that Bethenny's drinking appeared problematic to me and I just want to clarify:  I don't care if Bethenny has several martinins, regardless of whether she weighs 111lbs (that came from Bethenny, so she was probably lying) or 90.  Everyone has a right to drink their face off as long as they're not putting other people in jeopardy.  What I guess I have a problem with is Bethenny flinging Luann's really bad behavior (negligees in fields) at her while Bethenny is drinking inappropriately herself.  That's too much hypocrisy for me.  Dorinda even manages to stay sober (earlier this season, she was all into Coca-Cola when she knew she was going to see Luann), and I think that's the smartest strategy.  Don't confront someone about their drinking when you're drunk or drinking.  It's never a good look.  If someone--in this case, Bethenny--can't stay sober long enough to have that conversation, they should probably look in a mirror.  

Otherwise you get that scene from Arrested Development where Lucille's adult family members were so afraid to confront her about her drinking that they got wasted before the intervention and it turned out like this:

6449A2EB-6C70-4C71-82DD-1095E19F599D-3647-000003E591B2B4FC.png.f38342a063c961c786ca50fb7dec9707.png

• Love 4
5 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

Actually, she did complain about it -- she made some comment about how the hair and makeup people were tired from doing everyone else that they didn't give her as much attention as the others. She also complained that because she had to go last for the massage that people were walking through the room (the implication I got was that the other masseurs had finished and were packing up/moving their tables out, but no professional masseur is going to do that, especially in house that big with multiple ways to get around in the house). There might have been conversation among the group about how long Lu was going to be and they may have dared to ask, but she was definitely complaining about being last for hair, makeup, and massage. 

I guess it depends on what you define as complaining. There was a tinge of annoyance in Lu but she didn't make a big deal about it. That to me isn't complaining. She didn't make it a point to make the situation a subject of discussion. She made a comment and then carried on. Again, I don't define that as complaining. The women incessantly talking about Lu being self-absorbed, not a good friend, not going back to the house with them as they popped open champagne and cooked lunch - those are all examples of complaining to me. Their annoyance was very obvious and they specifically made it a topic of discussion among themselves - Lu was nowhere near that level of 'complaining' and I'm personally not inclined to describe it that way.

• Love 2

When I was a kid in old school Italian Brooklyn the Funeral Homes offered a special service. You could hire a bunch of old Italian grandmothers in black dresses to come to your funeral and wail and cry and scream with grief. My aunt used to do it. Made a nice piece of change. It was often the connected guys who sprung for it because they wanted a big show.

If only they did that now. Tinsley would have a big future in the wailing business. That girl has talent.  Just saying.

• LOL 8
33 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I guess it depends on what you define as complaining. There was a tinge of annoyance in Lu but she didn't make a big deal about it. That to me isn't complaining

She mentioned it more than once in an annoyed tone which to me is pretty much the definition of complaining. If she wasn’t complaining why bring it up at all since there was nothing the woman could do about it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Everyone has a right to drink their face off as long as they're not putting other people in jeopardy.  What I guess I have a problem with is Bethenny flinging Luann's really bad behavior (negligees in fields) at her while Bethenny is drinking inappropriately herself.  

Tinsley, too!  She was slurring her words and going at Lu.  As if Tinsley doesn't also have drunken behavior and arrest in her background!

13 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She mentioned it more than once in an annoyed tone which to me is pretty much the definition of complaining. If she wasn’t complaining why bring it up at all since there was nothing the woman could do about it. 

I thought she mentioned it because the women were bitching about her being late, and she told them why she was late.

• Love 3

The end where they are talking before aerobics was hysterical to me. Dorinda comes  in hot about Bethanny getting what she thought was a make-up type gift which she didn't get, and feels injustice. Then Dorinda runs off, and Luanne, exasperatedly says, "Now where is she going?" It's like they are all children parenting each other, taking turns at being the parent/ the child. It seems they all know each other very well and are pretty comfortable around each other. They are like a dysfunctional family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, izabella said:

Tinsley, too!  She was slurring her words and going at Lu.  As if Tinsley doesn't also have drunken behavior and arrest in her background!

I thought she mentioned it because the women were bitching about her being late, and she told them why she was late.

She mentioned it first before they even started getting ready.

Tinsley wasn’t going at Lu she was reinforcing Barbara’s point and stuttered over one word which she was correcting when Lu chose to mock her. 

• Love 16
(edited)
31 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Did she mention it at dinner? Cause I know she mentions it when Ramona comes trying to fetch her. But if she did mention it it's because she was aware of the intention. 

Let's stop denying Lu's reasons to be annoyed with the crew. Just because some think that these bunch of hags have reasons to be rude to Lu doesn't negate the reality that in return Lu is obviously not going to be happy with their deliberate childishness.

My problem is with this need to be so ridiculously obtuse to the situation as a whole. The women are taking a piss, Lu's onto it and reacts accordingly. For then to act like Lu's annoyance is unfounded is just stupid. It's a childish cycle that starts over petty shit. It's what they are giving us and to me there isn't wrong with Lu being annoyed by it. If the women are allowed to be annoyed with Lu's "self centeredness" then Lu can be annoyed with the childish petty ways they choose to address it.  

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Luann does this thing over and over where she vents/complains/gets in the remark, then waves it off with an "anyway" like she's ready to move on from it... and then can't help herself and has to get in one more las word. ".....But it really annoyed me. Anyway, it doesn't matter. But I was hurt too." She gets in the gripe, waves it off like she's ready to move on... but can't quite let it go and and goes right back to it. Anyway is one of her favorite words. She's been doing that since season one. "Well, anyway. It doesn't matter. But he should have been there." 

Edited by divsc
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13