Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E16: More than a Feelin'

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Anyone who watches Live PD knows there are non-stop drunken tirades all over the nation, every day, that involve clashes with the police. She's paying a steep price for being a celebrity, as did Tinsley after her drunken Palm Beach antics. Cautionary tale.

LOVE THIS!!! Say it louder so the people in the back can hear.... LOL!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, smores said:

Was I the only one who wondered if they offered taxidermy to Tinsley? I think it was Alan Alda whose parents had his childhood dog stuffed.   

I'm more curious as to when this happened.

Did the paramedics leave and then Tinsley put him in the freezer?

Did Tinsley call her mom and her mom told her to do it?

Did either of them already know this already from a previous pet and it was just automatic?

I thought I heard Tinsley say Dabney was going to hold Bambi one last time for closure and then she was going to have him cremated.

Who would offer taxidermy service to her the pet funeral home?

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't see how the other women are too blame for Lu not being there when the massages started.  I know that production plans some of these wrinkles to create drama, but were the other women supposed to wait for Lu?  The masseuses were there and Lu was not.  

Landlubber here, but isn't a swim in the ocean supposed to be relaxing, all on its own? Seems like a person who’s just enjoyed a dip in the salty waters could forego a massage without a lot of bellyaching. 

Oh, wait...

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Gini67 said:

She can’t do that because then she couldn’t be a “Housewife” .... where booze is just a given....She’d rather risk her sobriety than give up being a “celebrity” on TV.

I still don't think Luann thinks she is an alcoholic. I see her celebrating in excess the day after her probation ends.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I still don't think Luann thinks she is an alcoholic. I see her celebrating in excess the day after her probation ends.

Sort of like me wanting to celebrate losing 50 pounds with a huge cake, but still worse?

• LOL 8
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't see how the other women are too blame for Lu not being there when the massages started.  I know that production plans some of these wrinkles to create drama, but were the other women supposed to wait for Lu?  The masseuses were there and Lu was not.  

I'm not saying that, the women knowingly and purposely planned on having Lu go last which whatever. However them acting like Lu grumbling about missing out on the glam squad because she couldn't get her massage until much later is yet some more Lu being insufferable manufacturing is what I find stupid.

Of course it would have been ridiculous to wait for Lu to get her massage first before the others started theirs, especially since Lu wasn't back yet. What I'm pointing out is that they waited to start their massages purposely therefore forcing Lu to either forfeit her massage or get hers super late and therefore missing out on the glam squad. They know they did something worth annoying Lu but wanted to take offensive at Lu actually being annoyed. 

Makes no sense.

With 3 tables available there seems to have been ample opportunity for all of them to get a massage without much of a problem but since they waited and then decided to take up 3 tables at the same time then another 3..... Let's say they were going about their days normally with no conflict, they would have most likely staggered some of the massages so that there would probably be at least one open table throughout the day. For example, Beth and Tins then half hour later Barb jumps on one. Then in an hour Sonja gets hers after Beth and Tins are done and Barb is halfway into hers with still one table vacant. Then a bit later in come Ramona and Dorinda taking up the open table left by Tinsley and Barb and viola an open table availabe for Lu once Sonja is done.  Or they didn't have to wait so long before starting their 3 and 3 consecutive massages to ensure a definite 2 hour wait for a table.  Hey, that's what they wanted to do, so be it. 

All I'm saying is that had there been no conflict the women probably would have just had a more casual approach to getting their massages that would have worked for everyone instead of the deliberately orchestrated block. They wanted to do it for the purpose of sticking it to Lu so don't be all "what's Lu's problem??" when she actually show's annoyance. That's what I was getting at.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I'm not saying that, the women knowingly and purposely planned on having Lu go last which whatever. However them acting like Lu grumbling about missing out on the glam squad because she couldn't get her massage until much later is yet some more Lu being insufferable manufacturing is what I find stupid.

Of course it would have been ridiculous to wait for Lu to get her massage first before the others started theirs, especially since Lu wasn't back yet. What I'm pointing out is that they waited to start their massages purposely therefore forcing Lu to either forfeit her massage or get hers super late and therefore missing out on the glam squad. They know they did something worth annoying Lu but wanted to take offensive at Lu actually being annoyed. 

Makes no sense.

With 3 tables available there seems to have been ample opportunity for all of them to get a massage without much of a problem but since they waited and then decided to take up 3 tables at the same time then another 3..... Let's say they were going about their days normally with no conflict, they would have most likely staggered some of the massages so that there would probably be at least one open table throughout the day. For example, Beth and Tins then half hour later Barb jumps on one. Then in an hour Sonja gets hers after Beth and Tins are done and Barb is halfway into hers with still one table vacant. Then a bit later in come Ramona and Dorinda taking up the open table left by Tinsley and Barb and viola an open table availabe for Lu once Sonja is done.  Or they didn't have to wait so long before starting their 3 and 3 consecutive massages to ensure a definite 2 hour wait for a table.  Hey, that's what they wanted to do, so be it. 

All I'm saying is that had there been no conflict the women probably would have just had a more casual approach to getting their massages that would have worked for everyone instead of the deliberately orchestrated block. They wanted to do it for the purpose of sticking it to Lu so don't be all "what's Lu's problem??" when she actually show's annoyance. That's what I was getting at.

If anyone was playing around with the massages and purposely forcing Lu to go really late, I would assume that it was production instead of the ladies.  The women had various professionals come to the house to offer services.  I cannot see all of them choosing not to avail themselves to these services in order to mess with Lu.  That is a level of rudeness that I do not think these women possess (now the ladies from Atlanta on the the other hand).  The audience does not know when these professionals were at the house ready for the women, nor do we know when Lu finally came back from her trip.  None of the women can break the 4th wall and call out the producer shenanigans.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you meant Barb, but this cracked me up; How sad and pathetic your show must be, Luann, that Deb was the only HW that showed up.

So, not only going to the show is good for Luann, it’s great for Bravo.  It’s a no win situation 

I’m sure when the massage and hair stylists found out how little was in this for them financially (would Ramona even give them a decent tip...Sonja?) they split. Save the one who did give Lu a short massage. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

If anyone was playing around with the massages and purposely forcing Lu to go really late, I would assume that it was production instead of the ladies.  The women had various professionals come to the house to offer services.  I cannot see all of them choosing not to avail themselves to these services in order to mess with Lu.  That is a level of rudeness that I do not think these women possess (now the ladies from Atlanta on the the other hand).  The audience does not know when these professionals were at the house ready for the women, nor do we know when Lu finally came back from her trip.  None of the women can break the 4th wall and call out the producer shenanigans.  

They spoke about the tables in one of the scenes. It was actually a topic of discussion when they were sitting around the table saying that Lu doesn't get first dibs etc. etc. and one of them also rushed out of the room to move the massage table out of Lu's room I believe.

Then when Lu was in the room talking with Dorinda and Sonja. When Lu mentions that there were 3 massage therapists so the odds of getting a massage are 3 times better, Dorinda pointedly responds by saying that yeah 3 are getting them now and then the next 3 three will go. Dorinda wanted to make sure that Lu understood there was a line and she would be last. From the commentary during lunch about the massage tables and Dorinda making it clear that the first 6 would be bogarting the tables I don't think it's a stretch to believe it was somewhat of a coordinated effort to at the very least compromise Lu.

Whether it was just by making her go last. Even if they didn't realize that would set off a course of events that would inconvenienced Lu even further into the getting ready process the fact that they can't recognize that they had a hand in that but instead tried to put it all on Lu being impossible it silly to me.  

And Didn't Ramona even joke around and say something about "we aren't cock blocking were are massage blocking" or something like that? Their childishness contributed also is what I'm saying. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I feel like Tinsley totally missed a story line opportunity --she should have looked into cloning Bambi like Barbra Streisand did her dogs---chance for a trip to S Korea, all kinds of things for her to do and talk about.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Not to mention, it sounds like she needs the money from the show and her fame to live well.  I think as soon as she's not in legal jeopardy she'll go back to her drinking.  Unless she's just been really good at hiding it for years, we haven't seen Sonja Morgan drunken levels or messiness making me wonder if Lu just had a really off night that was triggered by the embarrassment that was Tom?  Not to minimize that night though.

This is what I've suspected from jump regarding Lu being an alcoholic. I haven't heard any stories about Lu being a danger to herself or others behind closed doors when she's drinking. We haven't seen that aggressive behaviour in Lu in public whether at social events or on girls trips. Up until her arrest, it seemed like her only crazy drunk nights were on girls trips. I do think she was triggered by Tom and she drank a lot while in an angry state which led to aggressive behaviour because she felt like the cops were misunderstanding her...not realizing how intoxicated she actually was. It led to some seriously bad decisions and I think she probably received legal advice to own the alcoholic label in order in order to receive some leniency given that she was a first time offender. I think it's all more strategic and she's leaning into it but once her sobriety is on longer court ordered, I suspect that we'll eventually see a Lu that will say that she feels confident that she handle her alcohol in moderation because she's in such a good place in life and she realized it was the stress of her relationship with Tom that was the catalyst and not because she can't be around alcohol at all.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Thank You! It amazes me that people actually think Lu woke up one day and honestly believed her smoker's cough rasp was some instant musical instrument. LOL!

The girl was approached to be the face of some gimmicky ideas and novelty promotions that arose because of her popularity on the show and her Countess title/persona from day one. 

She's been working that angle and will continue to work the angle for as long as people keep bringing her things she can work with and keep up the momentum. I think there's a good team that recognizes Lu as a product and Lu is more than happy to offer up her best asset to them. Herself. They do their job and she does hers. To me this isn't a hard business equation to understand.

I think that happens on every one of these franchises.  Ready made businesses that tweak their products to have a celebrity -- even a reality celebrity -- carry its name.  I think this is why Beth gets a bit aggravated.  It sounds like she actually hustled for years to create a real business, while these other ones just get a hint of fame and then all the sudden start something --- like Kristin's Pop-of-Color thing, Jules Modern Alkeme thing.  How man skin care lines do these RH franchises start?  The fashion lines that go nowhere but give a season or two of a storyline.  My guess is they just lend their name to something and pretend it's something they've worked on for many years that is finally coming to fruition.

I applaud Lu if she can actually sell some tix for this caberet stuff.  I do think that she really thinks she can sing though!  I'm not sure that she's in on the joke.  

What I can't figure out with Lu though is her face.  For the longest time, she seemed the most untouched by fillers and botox.  She has great cheekbones and used to not wear a whole lot of makeup.  I know she's had the deep voice, but she never looked manly to me.  Sometimes on this show she still looks like the old Lu; other times her face looks like it has too much filler, too much makeup and she had a manly look to her.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, car54 said:

I feel like Tinsley totally missed a story line opportunity --she should have looked into cloning Bambi like Barbra Streisand did her dogs---chance for a trip to S Korea, all kinds of things for her to do and talk about.

Am I the only animal lover that finds cloning of an animal appalling?  There are so many animals in this world that need homes.  The world doesn't need cloning just because a human can't deal with grief.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Lu is many not-great things, but she isn't delusional. She knows that no one is coming to her show because of her "scary talent." She knows that she's a spectacle and that people are coming to the show for the spectacle.  To some extent, that probably works well for her because it feeds her ego - people are coming to the show for her, not for the fact that they're going to get some amazing musical and singing show. 

Not only that, but the way that Dorinda made her displeasure known is by drunkenly heckling Lu during her show.  Even if she at one point occupied the high ground, she lost it entirely by her actual actions.  Dorinda wants to be able to hurt anyone for any reason, and not expect to be held accountable for it. 

I dunno...LuAnn gives off the vibe that she believes herself to be a viable vocalist.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

One more sadistic story I promise.  When I was little, the relatives upstate had wakes in the house in their living rooms.  Us kids had to sleep upstairs.  Can you imagine the terror we felt?  I used to shake.  I swear, the elders just loved funerals, my Mother included.  I don’t know how I’m alive after all the shit when I think about it.

One set of my grandparents did seem to live for funerals.  It was a whole social scene for them, there was gossip amongst them about which funeral home was used, how the person looked, who showed up, what sort of food they had, how long the viewing was, etc.  I do think in a previous generation it was a weirdly social thing.  The Stephanie Plum books has the grandmother character all into funerals and that was totally my one grandmother.  

3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'm more curious as to when this happened.

Did the paramedics leave and then Tinsley put him in the freezer?

Did Tinsley call her mom and her mom told her to do it?

Did either of them already know this already from a previous pet and it was just automatic?

I thought I heard Tinsley say Dabney was going to hold Bambi one last time for closure and then she was going to have him cremated.

Who would offer taxidermy service to her the pet funeral home?

I'm curious about the progression of all of that as well.  But what I took away from Tinsley's story was that the firemen couldn't resuscitate the dog and so they took it to a pet funeral home who had it frozen.  The funeral home was apparently going to have the viewing and then cremate the dog.  I didn't have the impression that Tinsley or Dale had the dog in the freezer, or had frozen it.  I do wonder if the pet funeral home would offer to stuff your pet, I mean, up until now, I honestly wouldn't have thought they'd offer viewings.  My past experience was a cat that my family got when I was a kid and when I moved out it stayed at my parent's house.  Eventually it got old and sick and had to be put down, so my dad took it to the vet, the vet arranged for the cat to go to a pet funeral home (I guess), it was cremated and then sent back to my parents, who then buried the remains at their house.  So I wasn't aware of the whole funeral services option.

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

What I can't figure out with Lu though is her face.  For the longest time, she seemed the most untouched by fillers and botox.  She has great cheekbones and used to not wear a whole lot of makeup.  I know she's had the deep voice, but she never looked manly to me.  Sometimes on this show she still looks like the old Lu; other times her face looks like it has too much filler, too much makeup and she had a manly look to her.

Lu has been a longtime smoker and I think the smoking and drinking are catching up to her.  I also think she may not have the budget (now that she's been caught as far as living on her kid's money), to keep up with some of the procedures and stuff she was doing before.  I don't think she was doing a ton, but even just doing facials and maybe a bit of botox here and there can help a lot.  In the last 2 years, her skin has totally changed and she is starting to look really rough.  She's either being caught by the years of smoking, so you are now seeing the lines around her mouth, or she's not getting the fillers she did before to hide them.  

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, smores said:

One set of my grandparents did seem to live for funerals.  It was a whole social scene for them, there was gossip amongst them about which funeral home was used, how the person looked, who showed up, what sort of food they had, how long the viewing was, etc.  I do think in a previous generation it was a weirdly social thing.  The Stephanie Plum books has the grandmother character all into funerals and that was totally my one grandmother.  

So,  how’s this?  My Mother and her Sister used to take their folding chairs and lunch and go sit and eat on their plot that was for the future.  P.S.  I am totally not like my Mother, lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

I dunno...LuAnn gives off the vibe that she believes herself to be a viable vocalist.

Nah. She flat out said she knows she's no "J-Lo" (who doesn't have that great a voice but obviously is a great performer in total). She can't very well get up there, though, and say, "I know I can't hold a tune," though. I think she's well aware she doesn't have some great singing or dancing talent but she also knows that the cabaret format does allow her to highlight her greatest talent, which is for self-promotion. 

• Love 3

I was watching the season one marathon the other day and they had Lu's hour special on at the end. I hit record because I noticed new pics. This time she has just married Tom.

It was interesting to watch all these chicks in the beginning and see how they have changed, especially seeing the children when they were still children. 

Ro may be crazy as a loon but Avery seems to have turned out pretty well.  

• Love 7
On 6/20/2019 at 9:58 PM, Callaphera said:

Sorry that your grandpa died, Little Timmy, we were too busy responding to a dead chihuahua

I agree that Tinsley calling 911 for her dog is dramatic, but I'm sure they get ridiculous calls alllll the time. And I am 100% sure that the dispatch would not prioritize a dog over a person, if someone else had happened to call in at the same time with a true emergency. So it also seems a little dramatic for all the people insinutating that someone else could die because the firemen were too busy with an animal. I'm sure if another call had come in, they would've immediately left the chihuahua to go help the new caller. And who knows, Tinsley's house might even be closer to little Timmy's gramps house than the fire station. 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 6/21/2019 at 2:30 PM, Dutchgirl said:

Barbara needs a self-tanner intervention. Someone needs to smack the spray bottle out of her hand, confiscate that dollar store pink lipstick, and change the damn bulbs in her bathroom. Friends don't let friends walk out of the house like that.

b44398cf-233a-4273-9248-88056316eb41-get

Note to Barbara: That's not a Belly Ring. That's the white turkey timer and it popped 87 hours ago.

Gah!

• LOL 6
7 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

She's going to go on the wrong recovery road and lose sight of what her real problem is.

What is her real problem?

The rest of her issues regarding her probation and terms of her arrest is her just being irresponsible with her decisions and not for the sake of alcohol but for the sake of being Lu.

I'm not sure if this is a case of YMMV, or you say poTAYto and I say poTAHto but, from where I sit, Lu's main issues are that she's a raging asshole. And that stems from being a narcissist, and there is no cure for that so...She was like this when we first met her, she just tried to hide her assholishness more and now that she doesn't have to hide that from The Count, she is letting her asshole flag fly high. And she seems proud of it, which I find weird but then again, I don't think I'm a narcissist so that's probably why I dont get it.

6 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I hope the previews are accurate, that Deb is the only one of the HW's to attend.

Who is this Deb you speak of?

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, smores said:

I'm curious about the progression of all of that as well.  But what I took away from Tinsley's story was that the firemen couldn't resuscitate the dog and so they took it to a pet funeral home who had it frozen.  The funeral home was apparently going to have the viewing and then cremate the dog.  I didn't have the impression that Tinsley or Dale had the dog in the freezer, or had frozen it.  I do wonder if the pet funeral home would offer to stuff your pet, I mean, up until now, I honestly wouldn't have thought they'd offer viewings.  My past experience was a cat that my family got when I was a kid and when I moved out it stayed at my parent's house.  Eventually it got old and sick and had to be put down, so my dad took it to the vet, the vet arranged for the cat to go to a pet funeral home (I guess), it was cremated and then sent back to my parents, who then buried the remains at their house.  So I wasn't aware of the whole funeral services option.

My theory

I'm pretty sure this all took place in NY and Dale was staying with her in the janky hotel.

I think they put the dog in the room freezer (like the way MJ on Shahs did in her freezer)

I do think the dog was in their room freezer at the least overnight. I think Dale is the one who called a local Pet Funeral Service the next day and worked out the details of funereal arrangement. I'm pretty sure with Pet Funeral Services - they will pick up the dog and place the pet in a freezer in its facilities until the day of the cremation/services. I also think Dale called Dabney to fly up from Palm Beach to say goodbye to Bambi.

I say this is all Dale because I don't see Tinsley being able to do these things or make these decisions on her own. I mean she  called 911.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Who is this Deb you speak of?

Barb, dammit. /smile/  Barb reminds me of a Deb, a former co-worker.  Same hair, same body shape, same smile, same skin -- except that my Deb's tan was natural, not spray-on. 

Doesn't Barb look like she could be a Deb?

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Barb, dammit. /smile/  Barb reminds me of a Deb, a former co-worker.  Same hair, same body shape, same smile, same skin -- except that my Deb's tan was natural, not spray-on. 

I thought you nicknamed her for Debbie Downer of SNL

giphy.gif

Wah Wah Wah

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Why not? She could be the Dana/Pam of RHONY!

Edited by ivygirl
Link
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 6/21/2019 at 5:48 AM, divsc said:

Apparently Ramona agrees about too much makeup. But omg that woman is terrible.

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-11/videos/unseen-moment-ramona-singer-attacks-tinsley

She really is a horrible person. Almost every episode, just when I feel like I couldn't think any less of that awful woman, she proves me wrong, and does something even more despicable. She is so mean-spirited and just downright rude, and it makes me sick to think that she's getting paid & encouraged to treat people like that. Telling a woman that she looks old for her age...WHO does that??!! Even if you think it, you don't need to say it out loud! And then do a little dance while singing "Haha, you look old for your age, and I look young for my age." O.M.F.G. such disgusting, immature behavior! And Ramona, newsflash...you don't look that young without your makeup on! Not that that even matters, because even if she did, there's no reason to try to shame someone for looking old. Especially a "friend"! Who the hell does this vapid bitch think she is? Ugggh, I cannot stand her, and I can't believe they all keep letting her get away with this type of behavior. Even Dorinda just wrote it off after R ditched her to sit at a different table, and then lied about it, by saying "Well, that's just Ramona, you gotta love her." Uh, no...no you don't. 

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

We can combine it and call her Darb?

Sure we can!  She’d probably appreciate being remembered at all since her NY friends seem to forget about her all the time.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Note to Barbara: That's not a Belly Ring. That's the white turkey timer and it popped 87 hours ago.

Gah!

I don’t get why Barbara thinks tanning looks good on her.  It doesn’t.  Like I’ve said it before, it’s gives her an orange glow that looks horrible.  Why doesn’t one of them tell her?

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, PoppyMae said:

She really is a horrible person. Almost every episode, just when I feel like I couldn't think any less of that awful woman, she proves me wrong, and does something even more despicable. She is so mean-spirited and just downright rude, and it makes me sick to think that she's getting paid & encouraged to treat people like that. Telling a woman that she looks old for her age...WHO does that??!! Even if you think it, you don't need to say it out loud! And then do a little dance while singing "Haha, you look old for your age, and I look young for my age." O.M.F.G. such disgusting, immature behavior! And Ramona, newsflash...you don't look that young without your makeup on! Not that that even matters, because even if she did, there's no reason to try to shame someone for looking old. Especially a "friend"! Who the hell does this vapid bitch think she is? Ugggh, I cannot stand her, and I can't believe they all keep letting her get away with this type of behavior. Even Dorinda just wrote it off after R ditched her to sit at a different table, and then lied about it, by saying "Well, that's just Ramona, you gotta love her." Uh, no...no you don't. 

I saw that a few days ago, and I couldn't agree more.  Any residual affection I had for Ramona just flew out the window.

I have to say, though, that if Tinsley is going to live in NYC, she can't just blubber and whine every time someone says something mean to her.  She needs to get a little comeback game.  Like maybe, "I guess you are really young. You qualify for Social Security, but you look six months pregnant."  Don't just take that shit without inflicting some harm of your own.  Jeez.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, PoppyMae said:

I don’t want to burst anyone’s bubble, but while working uptown, my kid saw her walking her dog on the street without makeup on and she looked her age.  Not younger.  Some think she has gorgeous skin.  Maybe she insists they film her with a special lens.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/20/2019 at 8:07 PM, Rosiejuliemom said:

Welp, Lu apologized.

Can they get the fuck off of her jock now?

Beth needs to find a new target.

Lu is not a victim. Lu pushes buttons and then enjoys watching explosions. But she did give a seemingly sincere apology. 

Sonja going on about it being a woman driver, is it because there's no possibility to hop on a joystick or because she's that much of a misogynist?

So much second hand embarrassment watching Lu record. It's not just how awful she sounds, she's not as off pitch as usual, but the lyrics. 

Dorinda was good with Bethenny after the explosion. That is the Drunk, or sober, Dorinda I like.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, smores said:

I also think she may not have the budget (now that she's been caught as far as living on her kid's money), to keep up with some of the procedures and stuff she was doing before.  I don't think she was doing a ton, but even just doing facials and maybe a bit of botox here and there can help a lot.  In the last 2 years, her skin has totally changed and she is starting to look really rough.  She's either being caught by the years of smoking, so you are now seeing the lines around her mouth, or she's not getting the fillers she did before to hide them.  

Not sure why there's this prevailing thought that Luann's in some dire financial straights. The truth behind the lawsuit became clear when Luann went back to rehab and we heard the full story behind the $6M property.  She was never truly on the outs with her kids or ex husband. They were extremely worried about her drinking and they filed the suit as a way of protecting her from making a bad financial decision. The lawsuit has been dropped. The Hamptons house was never sold and she eventually purchased a lower priced $1M property upstate.  She also maintains a pied-à-terre in the city during filming.  So while she's not as rich as she was while married, she's arguably in a better financial situation now than she might have been a few years ago. A production does not schedule a tour unless it's financially successful. Between that income and her RH salary, I don't think she's been forced to cut back on beauty treatments.

I watched an episode or two of season one this week and was shocked at how much Luann and Ramona looked exactly the same.  Facially in Ramona's case :)  I kept checking the date of the episodes, 2008 if you can believe it.  Jill Zarin looks pretty much the same too.  However, Bethenny looked like an entirely different person!!  I don't think you could same the same for most of the other franchises. Many of those ladies have changed as much as Bethenny. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Shut up Sonja about Tinsley's grief at her dog passing. God, she is a bitch.

Whatever deep makeup Bethenny is doing on her eyes this episode is not doing her any favors. It's making her look like a skeleton head.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 8
On 6/20/2019 at 10:07 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

So in the first few seconds of this episode (and the last few seconds of last week’s episode), Frankel is “hysterically sobbing,” “I wanna go home!” Lu approaches her, and Frankel says in her regular voice, “I don’t want you near me. I really don’t. I don’t want you near me. I don’t,” then she switches right back to the “hysterical sobbing.”

I can do that, I can and have been able to dissociate enough in a moment of hysteria to say what needs to be said. It's one of those skill sets you can gather when you were abused as a child.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

They spoke about the tables in one of the scenes. It was actually a topic of discussion when they were sitting around the table saying that Lu doesn't get first dibs etc. etc. and one of them also rushed out of the room to move the massage table out of Lu's room I believe.

Then when Lu was in the room talking with Dorinda and Sonja. When Lu mentions that there were 3 massage therapists so the odds of getting a massage are 3 times better, Dorinda pointedly responds by saying that yeah 3 are getting them now and then the next 3 three will go. Dorinda wanted to make sure that Lu understood there was a line and she would be last. From the commentary during lunch about the massage tables and Dorinda making it clear that the first 6 would be bogarting the tables I don't think it's a stretch to believe it was somewhat of a coordinated effort to at the very least compromise Lu.

Whether it was just by making her go last. Even if they didn't realize that would set off a course of events that would inconvenienced Lu even further into the getting ready process the fact that they can't recognize that they had a hand in that but instead tried to put it all on Lu being impossible it silly to me.  

And Didn't Ramona even joke around and say something about "we aren't cock blocking were are massage blocking" or something like that? Their childishness contributed also is what I'm saying. 

If it were important to Lu, she should have been there. Lu just assumed that someone should stop their time for her because she is entitled. 

I don't know if Lu is an alcoholic, but she sure acts like one who isn't in recovery.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

How about with her Mother and siblings?  Her Mother was shown once at thr Cabaret.  When  You’re in trouble, don’t you often turn to your Mother?  I don’t know if she does. 

I know I did when my mom was alive and still talk things over with my sibs before anyone else.

• Love 3

That seems more likely than Lu all of a sudden being a raging alcoholic all this time and it not once being unveiled after how many years of this show being on air? As often as Lu's been a target? Nah, that would have definitely come out before now. 

It had in the media thread.  She has been sloshed since we knew her.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

It was late at night, too (and I'm on PST so it was 3 hours later for her), so I figured she was probably drunk when she replied.  

You can imagine the look of confusion on my face when I got a FB notification that Sonja Morgan had replied to my comment.   😂

Does she get money for calling into page 6 with gossip?

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Not sure why there's this prevailing thought that Luann's in some dire financial straights. The truth behind the lawsuit became clear when Luann went back to rehab and we heard the full story behind the $6M property.  She was never truly on the outs with her kids or ex husband. They were extremely worried about her drinking and they filed the suit as a way of protecting her from making a bad financial decision. The lawsuit has been dropped. The Hamptons house was never sold and she eventually purchased a lower priced $1M property upstate.  She also maintains a pied-à-terre in the city during filming.  So while she's not as rich as she was while married, she's arguably in a better financial situation now than she might have been a few years ago. A production does not schedule a tour unless it's financially successful. Between that income and her RH salary, I don't think she's been forced to cut back on beauty treatments.

Lu was sued because she didn't put money from the sale of the original Hampton's house (the one the count bought and paid in full when she first moved back to the US during their marriage), into a trust and/or put the kids names on the deed.  She was required, per the divorce decree, to put half of the value of the original house in trust for the kids and if the proceeds of the sale of that house was used to purchase a new house, their names had to be on it (or it had to be held in trust for them, as they were under 18).  She didn't do any of that. 

She purchased a less expensive house, she renovated that house.  She then went to put that house up on the market and purchase a new house for $6M.  She could not get a loan for the $6M house, which says quite a lot about the state of Lu's finances.  She was sued because she was going to squander the remaining assets of the children, not to keep her from making a bad move in her own life.  It was to protect THEIR interests.  They didn't stop her from buying another house within her own means.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 6/21/2019 at 10:28 AM, QuinnM said:

Oh, that reminds me.  They showed Ramona as a body builder.  That explains her odd thick middle.  There are women that I know, that competed in body building and they all have that thick middle.  Now one of them is 25 and that thickness is a six pack but I wonder if that is the origins of Ramona's unique shape?

I think it’s menopause.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, snarts said:

I watched an episode or two of season one this week and was shocked at how much Luann and Ramona looked exactly the same.  Facially in Ramona's case 🙂 I kept checking the date of the episodes, 2008 if you can believe it.  Jill Zarin looks pretty much the same too.  However, Bethenny looked like an entirely different person!!  I don't think you could same the same for most of the other franchises. Many of those ladies have changed as much as Bethenny. 

Agreed.  I'm the one who posted about Lu's looks and I was thinking the more manly look to her is the result of increasing beauty treatments like fillers. 

Didn't Lu perform earlier seasons at either Ramona or Jill's birthday party?  I really believe she takes herself seriously as an artist.  

As for her being an alcoholic. I know there are stories of her being sloppy drunk in public when she was married to the count.  One story she was basically drug out of a party by him after her being all over another man.  If she wasn't an alcoholic, why is it so hard for her to stay sober?

• Love 11
10 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I do think that she really thinks she can sing though!  I'm not sure that she's in on the joke.  

I know she's had the deep voice, but she never looked manly to me.  Sometimes on this show she still looks like the old Lu; other times her face looks like it has too much filler, too much makeup and she had a manly look to her.

Frankel asked Andy on WWHL if Lu is in on the joke, or if it’s real. Andy said, “I think it’s real.”

In last season’s finale, there was a close-up of Lu after getting her makeup done for the cabaret show. She was wearing soooo much makeup. She really did look like a handsome man wearing makeup. 

She looked best in season one in the Hamptons. Hardly any eye makeup at all. Her eyes looked delicate and feminine. She would wear a softer lip color. Very pretty. I wish she would try that look again.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/21/2019 at 9:46 AM, njbchlover said:

Dorinda missed the point, though.  I think Luann sent the gifts to Bethenny and Barbara as more of a "Thank you for being there for me", and not an apology for her behavior.  

I saw them more as “kiss ass” gifts. Bethenny has some sort of influence on casting decisions and Lu knows it. I think Lu was just trying to get back into Beth’s good graces (sending a gift to Barb at the same time was her attempt at making it look less like a plea for her job). 

On 6/21/2019 at 10:04 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Bambi the dog was a boy, so if Tinsley has a son will she truly name him Bambi?

Tinsley kept talking about how it will be great closure for her sister Dabney to hold Bambi one last time. She doesn't mention her mom - can we assume Dale is hiding in the bedroom of that janky hotel suite?

I’m fairly certain that Bambi died in Palm Beach, where he lived with Dale. In that case, Dale would have already held him. 

As for calling 911... I’m legitimately floored. Like, say he had just passed out and could have been potentially revived. The poor dog was old, sick, and likely in pain. Let him go peacefully and be thankful you didn’t have to make that (heart wrenching) decision on *when* to put him down. Like, I’m sure she was partially in shock, but in reality, reviving him would have been a selfish-bordering on cruel-thing to do. (And I say this as someone who likes Tinsley and loves my pets to the moon and back - including that Angel in my avatar who we lost last year ❤️). 

On 6/21/2019 at 10:27 AM, Yours Truly said:

I think she's trying to get back to that but the women are constantly telling her that "oh no Lu you can't breeze through all unfazed and unbothered, you must cower, feel ashamed, and show that you've been crippled". "You're not allowed to reset and just bounce back" I'm still wondering why she's not allowed to. I'm so confused about what is "the right way" to put something like what she's been through behind her. 

None of the wives even remotely said or implied that Lu should be walking around with her head shorn while somebody rings the “shame” bell behind her. They’re saying to stop being a narcissistic asshole. Big difference. 

On 6/21/2019 at 1:44 PM, kicksave said:

I just want to make a comment about Scott...Tinsley's ex. Is this guy just trolling her or is he really that tone deaf? Sending her gaudy sneakers that were called Bambi when she's grieving for the loss of her Bambi? WTF? Weird doesn't even adequately describe this bereavement "gift". Similarly, the horseshoe floral arrangement he sent her...what is with this guy? 

I personally agree that the shoes and flowers were hideous. But Tinsley seemed happy with all of them, so he seems to be giving her what she wants (at least on a superficial level, not emotionally!)

On 6/21/2019 at 2:00 PM, NoWhammies said:

Also, for the record: LIFE IS NOT A FUCKING CABARET. It's many things, some wonderful and some less so, but it's always interesting. So why would we want life to be a shitty, boring form of entertainment such as a cabaret?

Whew. I feel better getting that out. That's been eating at me for several episodes now. 

But it’s such an apt reference for Lu! In the show Cabaret, the main character, Sally, is singing “Life is a Cabaret” as a way of saying “to heck with these Nazis invading Germany—I’m gonna enjoy life!” Lu is doing exactly that—except her “Nazi Germany” is lawsuits, alcoholism, and facing her 50s being single. 

On 6/21/2019 at 2:43 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I was hoping that after Ramona took Barbara shopping, she might have been inspired to do a complete makeover. Apparently not. In another RHoNY thread, someone referred to Barbara, in relation to Lu, as an older woman. In reality Luann is older than Barbara. 

I don't have a lot of sympathy for Luann when she blames the other howives' treatment of her as the reason she wants to drink again. She is the one who has kept re signing for the show, knowing that not only is conflict between the women a big part of it, but so is drinking at every turn. On top of that she continues her cabaret act, where she is obviously around booze constantly. In fact wasn't it after one of her shows that Lu admitted to drinking and violating her parole conditions? But then Lu is a narcissist, and nothing is ever a narcissist's fault. 

I wonder if Jovani will want to sue Lu for butchering its name?  

Yes if anybody ever needed a make-under, it’s Barb! She’s not a natural beauty but with better hair and makeup, so could be somewhat attractive. 

I’m conflicted on her this episode. I hated that gross state she left her room in with the spray tan.<Ramona voice> Soooreyy, it’s déclassé, okaaay?? <Ramona voice>. However in that deleted scene - where Tinsley is crying about Ramona’s cruel makeup/looking older remarks - Barb was incredibly kind and sweet to her. So, in that respect, I find her endearing.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I don’t know any group where if you aren’t around you get to be first in line. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• LOL 3
  • Love 19