Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E16: More than a Feelin'

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Lu wanted to make her cabaret the focus of the season finale - as it was last year.  Ramona's excuse to Lu (we don't want to see you work) and her talking head (coming up with the party idea to get out of the show) was funny.  And Lu still didn't seem to get it that the others were fed up with cabaret.

Agree!

Think about the conversation right before.

Ramona: to Luann: I don't want you to get upset or to hurt your feelings. Luann you're a bit self absorbed

Luann interrupts Ramona, well I can admit that I am self absorbed....speaking of which I'm going to do a Christmas Cabaret which is sold out but I want you all to come.

Bwahahahaha

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
(edited)

I thought it was ironic that Lu referred to Dorinda's 80s aerobic class as passe. This from the woman who is in a cabaret show. 

Does anyone else think that the only reason that Lu returned to the table at the dinner was because the guy she was trying to hook up with didn't take her call?

My heart broke for Tins, and I don't think she was recreating her feelings of losing Bambi. Whenever I have lost a beloved kitty, I have had meltdowns for several days if not weeks afterwards. Sonja and Ramona were horrible friends in comforting her, and these are two fellow dog owners. Sonja used her dog's death as a story line, not to actually grieve the passing of her dog. And Ramona doesn't think she will react the way Tins has, when Coco dies? Poor Coco. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • LOL 4
  • Love 20
(edited)

Calling Lu a "bit self-absorbed" is like Azan from 90-Day Fiance saying Nicole is "a little bit big." Or perhaps calling the Grand Canyon a little hole in the ground. At the same time, to all of these ladies, hello...pot, meet kettle...

Also, I just lost my 16-year-old Toy Fox Terrier a few weeks ago and we lost our Pomeranian about six months ago. That was after losing my dad about a year ago; it's been quite the year here for us. I feel for Tinsley. Losing a pet is a difficult thing; we loved those dogs. And now we're down from four dogs and a cat (who went to live with our college-aged son in his apartment and is now dutifully employed as his girlfriend's "emotional support animal" - we're still waiting for the cat to send us a little $$ from her employment checks...) to two Brussels Griffons. When you go from a busy house full of kids and pets to two small dogs and no kids, well, it's a change. And we had a lot going on. Tinsley only had the dog and Scott. I would imagine she's reeling. 

For the record, our dogs are both buried in our backyard. I was with both when they died; it's a difficult thing. I was deliberately vague about the details because I didn't want to upset my kids or husband. And we buried them right away instead of freezing them because a) ew; and b) I'd have to throw away everything in my freezer and possibly get a new freezer.

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Love 11
(edited)
7 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I was just relieved this 80s event didn't devolve into a shouting match.  I think even on my deathbed, I will be haunted by the image of Vicki Gunvalson shrieking and pointing her finger in teased up hair and neon.

I don't get why Dorinda is counting Tinsley's money.  I've always thought she was pretty well off from her father.  Those shoes being named Bambi aside, they were pretty hideous.  But at least they weren't made by Topper's new wife's shoe company.     

Every single time I see that clip of VG she reminds me of an elephant seal when they get involved in a kerfuffle.

The spray tan debacle was incredibly assholey of Barbara.  What the fuck lady??!! 

Lu, the ladies don't have to be concerned with your sobriety.  Only you can keep a drink out of your piehole.  Can't take the temptation, stop filming and stay out of clubs. 

Like many of you, I have dealt with the grief of a pet dying.  Please don't ever make us hear about freezing dead pets, holding dead and previously frozen pets and jesus, no funeral viewing! 

Dorinda's class looks fun.  I wasn't a fan of the onesie that B was wearing.  It would be better on a more voluptuous woman but I would still think it was ugly. 

I don't blame Ramona for creating an event that would keep them from cabaret again.  They have been more than supportive of Luann.  They need to stop pretending Luann as a pop star is going to happen.  Does she not realize they are not laughing with her but AT her?  Looking back at early eps of her and now, there is something different about her face and it isn't because it is 11 years later.  Maybe it is the booze, maybe it is something else but something is different.  Maybe she is just better with no eyeliner.    

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

From how they described it, that wasn't as preventable as the spray tan stains all over the room.

Exactly, Ramona pooped on the floor as she was running towards the bathroom. That was in Cartagena and all the floors were tiled. Luann shat in the bed.

Silly Putty Play Doh Face is allegedly in construction - she's never heard of a liner or disposable tarp she can take along on her trips? She could have asked for a large trash bag and opened it up outside on the grass and go ham with the spraying there.

She should have been doing this in the bathroom - preferably while standing in the shower stall or bath tub.

Does she do this in her own house? Seriously gross I hope Bravo billed her

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Well I am knocking on 60 so I don't know which generation you mean.  I would hope that everyone improves for the next generation.  I was not encouraged to go to college but I did and now all the kids and grandkids are getting college degrees and all the girls have gone on to post grad degrees.  In that respect I agree with you.  I am not bitter that I had to get to college on my own and pay for it.  My mother was allowed to graduate high school and not pulled out at 5th grade.  But having an intoxicated parent living in the house with kids does a lot of damage.  They will either do a 180 or repeat the problem.

My mom was an alcoholic and had a gambling addiction. Growing up with her has shaped certain things about me and I have unpleasant triggers to this day because of what I was subjected to. Not saying that parents don't have an affect on children just saying that it is what it is. We work through our family shit. It' a part of life.  

I don't subscribe to this goal of needing to make things better etc....Some take a more determined approach on how they plan on parenting because of their own home life and such but  I just want to raised my kid as well as I can and provide what I can as his mom. I don't have a pre-determined checklist beyond 1)Keep him alive, 2)Keep him healthy 3)Keep a roof over his head 4)Show him love 5)Teach him what I can.

Any other expectations beyond that is a toss up and I'll wing it.  I don't think Lu has withheld any of the above I've listed. Some people tackle parenting like a mission, some embrace it full force, some aren't really up to the task and others just do what seems natural to them. All I'm saying that is if it's not one thing its another when it comes to raising a family. Bumps along the way and shifts in life. I'm not convinced that Lu has completely shunned her role as a mother because she's on the self centered side, or has been shown to be self absorbed. Of course who she is will affect her kids but if that's who their mom is then I don't see what else can be done. 

I'm already brutally honest with my son. I've already told him that I'm me. I'm the only mom he has and I can't help some of the flaws that make me me. I'm not going to spend the rest of my life panicked and stressing over only presenting some mom version of me to my son. He's stuck with me and that's all there is to it. He'll adjust, like I adjusted to my mom, like I'm sure Lu's kids adjusted to her. It's what we do and we start learning that in our childhood. I don't see that as necessarily a bad thing. Now when it ventures into abuse then yeah, no bueno but that's not the case with Lu and her children. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Have you seen her tweets tonight? She legitimately doesn't get it.

The responses are really interesting because even the tweets that agree Bethenny was out of line still criticize Luann for being an ungrateful self-absorbed shit this season. Luann had 3 or 4 tweets during the episode. They were critical of Bethenny. The majority of the responses have called Luann out.  

I saw that!  Which means that her apologies were hollow.  She did it because normal human beings should be grateful so she said what she should.  She didn't feel it.    I see a lot of this in Lu:  

Narcissistic personality disorder

Belief that you're special and more important than others

Fantasies about power, success and attractiveness

Failure to recognize others' needs and feelings

Exaggeration of achievements or talents

Expectation of constant praise and admiration

Arrogance

Unreasonable expectations of favors and advantages, often taking advantage of others

Envy of others or belief that others envy you

5 hours ago, snarts said:

Imagine if the situation were reversed with Luann planning a separate party for the ladies opposite one of Ramona's skin care launch parties, or god forbid, a skinnygirl event?  There seems to be a general consensus that the Housewives show up & support each others endeavors.  Not cool, Ramona.

I would agree if they hadn't already gone to her performances and shown them this season.  That and the um very interesting woman who did her own spin on Lu's song.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Exactly, Ramona pooped on the floor as she was running towards the bathroom. That was in Cartagena and all the floors were tiled. Luann shat in the bed.

Silly Putty Play Doh Face is allegedly in construction - she's never heard of a liner or disposable tarp she can take along on her trips? She could have asked for a large trash bag and opened it up outside on the grass and go ham with the spraying there.

She should have been doing this in the bathroom - preferably while standing in the shower stall or bath tub.

Does she do this in her own house? Seriously gross I hope Bravo billed her

Right?  This is when these women show their class.  What the heck was that?  Then she looked awful. I don’t think that orange  spray comes off, either. It stains.

If Barbara wants her cheetoh tan....then she can call one of those people that come to your house and spray you in a tent.  It is Miami.  I am sure there are plenty of mobile tan businesses.

Lu Ann has been calling a yoga teacher and massage therapist any chance she gets.

Ok!   Now I remember.  It was Gina from HW Melbourne that did the same at during the tennis party.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I have been a Luann apologist most of the season but enough is enough with the co-stars and this alleged duty of theirs to see her caberet yet again. I don't blame Ramona for turning the season finale in a different direction.

Yet...yet...Bethenny is an asshole once again. Ramona said there was a group text about throwing a party for Sonja and Dorinda. It was supposed to be a surprise party, so S and D weren't on said group text. As the ep played out, we see that Barbara and Luann were not on the group text. It couldn't have just been Ramona and Tinsley, because that is a text, not a group text, so Bethenny had to have been involved in the planning of the party that would have directed the finale away from Lu's event, which is fine, but when Bethenny shows up at aerobics and puts Ramona on blast for something Bethenny herself helped plan, and then says they'll all go to caberet and then go out and get buzzed afterward, aka unilaterally changing previously agreed-upon group plans, Bethenny was throwing everyone else on the group text under the bus. What a bitch. 

Speaking of going out and getting buzzed...what an asshole thing for Bethenny to say in front of Luann. I don't think Luann is trying to live a sober life. If she were, I'd put a lot more of an onus on her to take responsibility for her sobriety. ALL she's doing is following court orders, and she can barely do that, so why give her a hard time? Why throw around phraseology that could make the entire group uncomfortable? Why not just say, "we'll go out to dinner after Luann's show"? Then, if you want to get drunk, go for it! But why be unkind to Lu's face unless Beth wants to twist the knife? If Bethenny were to just turn the phrase differently and say, "let's go to a restaurant after Luann's show," that would actually be classy. A huge part of class is putting people at ease, whether or not they're your friend (sometimes, especially if they're not you're friend). 

I completely concede that Luann was the author of her own downfall, but that doesn't change everything. If I had a friend or a co-worker who did something dumb on a motorcycle, rendering them temporarily wheelchair-bound, through their own fault, and my whole group was going to an outing, I would say, "there will be a picnic, and if people want to hike or hang out after, they can," as opposed to just saying, "there will be a picnic and a hike, during which time everyone will be walking!" I just think it's insensitive.

I know Luann is insensitive too, but she is very good about being discreet in her language and demeanor. I was watching a season one episode yesterday, and even in what people deem her worst moment--with the limo driver--Luann went out of her way not to embarrass Bethenny or the limo driver. Rather than bellowing "Call me Countess!" as it's often portrayed, Luann kind of mumble-whispered to Bethenny that she feels more comfortable having a driver call her "Mrs DeLesseps," which is her perogative (I don't personally find seasons one or two Luann to be the worst Luanns. The worst Luann, IMO, was season 4, imperious, Morocco, "even Louis Vuitton makes mistakes" Luann, and I am not attempting to justify that behavior in any way). 

As far as season one Bethenny goes, she just came off as a low-key kind of normal young woman who made offhand remarks and shrugged a lot. Contrast that to this morning, I have WWHL on in the background as I'm getting ready for work, and without even realizing the guest was Bethenny, I was like, "I hate this woman!" Nothing can, apparently, be said in a normal tone of voice. EVERYTHING must be yelled. And, my God! The woman canNOT stop talking.

When a person is manic, they may experience "pressured speech," which is exactly what it sounds like-- a person feeling constant pressure to speak, even if they have nothing to say.  I experienced it around the time I wasn't graduating from high school, and I actually went to a doctor about it. At 18 years old, I was self-aware enough to know that I could potentially be putting people off and that I wasn't behaving normally, yet this woman is 48 and all that happens is that they remove the co-guest so that she can yack about bullshit. 

My conclusion is that I simply think Bethenny is awful. I don't have to know anything about her history with Luann, or Jill, or her marriages or her custody battle. She can just be on a TV that I'm not even watching and I have a visceral reaction against the shrieking shrew she has become. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

I have three thoughts that need to get out.

1.  Anyone else watch RHof Melbourne?- Gina on that show is awesome (sat thru one dinner getting screamed at by the other HOs powdering her nose like they were dust under her feet).  Love her but she is notorious for leaving tan stains everywhere.  Wonder if Barbie watched that one and thought is was the way to go.

2. Just lost my Mom and a dog - had to FF thru Tinsley's grief.  To me it is a different loss, both devastating.

3.  Both Lu and Ramona want the finale episode to center around their events.  Drama, drama, drama.  FYI I would need a lot of alcohol to see the cabaret once, forget 5 times!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Bethenny is full of mental puke...this breakdown will repeat ad nauseam.

I think that lots of people go to Lu’s cabaret show just to see if they can get a peek at other howives or to see if it’s being filmed. Next thing is that Lu will be trying to go onto Broadway (heaven help us). 

Very sad about Tinsley’s dog. It really hurts to lose a beloved pet. Badly. 

Why was Barbara wearing flesh colored tights to the dance party. Some colored ones would have made her look slimmer. Oh, now I remember. She wanted to show off that spray tan. Also shame on her for leaving that staining mess in Miami. 

Bethenny usually is spot on with her clothing choices, but her aerobic outfit was not flattering at all. 

Ro is going to be mad next week when the ladies have trouble untangling themselves from the cabaret act. I don’t think that I could sit through it once much less the many times that these women have gone to support Lu. 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think Tinsley also lives with her mom in Palm Beach when they aren't filming

Also, her schedule when she's filming would be an issue with finding someone reliable to dog sit a senior dog who recently was diagnosed with cancer..better to leave her with Mom in Florida. I totally understand...I lost my best friend several years ago at the ripe old age of 15 and he was basically immobile due to severe arthritis and doggy dementia. I wasn't able to attend my mother in law's funeral in another state because I had no one to take care of him that I felt comfortable with. I don't fault her for having her Mom watch and love Bambi while she's filming and traveling to destination film shoots.

BTW...two weeks after my mother in law's funeral my buddy, my best pal, passed. Saddest and worst day of my life...so I get her grief...five years later I still cry when I think of him.

• Love 5

Oh, something else I noticed in this episode--I'm not going to call Bethenny an "alcoholic" (I've watched enough episodes of Mom to learn that it's a "self-diagnosing disease")--but the way Beth treated alcohol at Barton G made me uncomfortable. She was gulping down the hard drinks right and left, all while professing to be so freaked out by her diatribe against Luann that she couldn't remember what she said ("Did I call her a name?") Bethenny was so upset at Luann that she had to leave the table, but not before grabbing that precious drink. As soon as she returned to the table, there was a different, purple drink in front of her that was practically gone by the next scene. 

I'm from New York, so I know from expensive drinks, but I've also lived in Miami, and the price of their drinks is obscene. A cocktail in NY that would cost $12 might cost $18 in Miami. It's partially because their drinks are super strong. How much does Bethenny weigh? I think she said 111 lbs once. One strong martini should be enough to make her feel herself. I had one strong martini when I first moved to Miami, and my mom had to drive me home!

Again, not saying Bethenny has a drinking problem, but on a scale of Jill (teetotaler) to Luann (threatening to kill cops), the woman is approaching a solid Tinsley. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
46 minutes ago, politichick said:

Luann needs to understand that they've had enough with the cabaret. It's not their thing and I don't think they should be made to feel obligated to attend all of her NY performances or to go to cabaret while on holiday. She can't even fucking sing! They went to the first one and the Halloween one. And who knows however many others some may have attended. Enough!

If Lu Ann was just some nobody and walked in from the street to a recording studio they would laugh her out and tell her she's stinks. It really is pathetic that an entire crew of musicians, production people and dancers, in New York no less, are propping her up and trying to make her a bonafide performer. She can't sing and doesn't sing...she talks lyrics that are just repetitive slogans she has used on the show. I'm tired of LuAnn and her holier than thou attitude and passive aggressive sniping. She seems to be devoid of empathy and exhibits narcissism more than ever. The whole neediness of the other women to attend all of her cabaret shows is ridiculous...she doesn't even like them! Get over yourself and move along. I wish Bravo would fire her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
8 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Oh, something else I noticed in this episode--I'm not going to call Bethenny an "alcoholic" (I've watched enough episodes of Mom to learn that it's a "self-diagnosing disease")--but the way Beth treated alcohol at Barton G made me uncomfortable. She was gulping down the hard drinks right and left, all while professing to be so freaked out by her diatribe against Luann that she couldn't remember what she said ("Did I call her a name?") Bethenny was so upset at Luann that she had to leave the table, but not before grabbing that precious drink. As soon as she returned to the table, there was a different, purple drink in front of her that was practically gone by the next scene. 

I'm from New York, so I know from expensive drinks, but I've also lived in Miami, and the price of their drinks is obscene. A cocktail in NY that would cost $12 might cost $18 in Miami. It's partially because their drinks are super strong. How much does Bethenny weigh? I think she said 111 lbs once. One strong martini should be enough to make her feel herself. I had one strong martini when I first moved to Miami, and my mom had to drive me home!

Again, not saying Bethenny has a drinking problem, but on a scale of Jill (teetotaler) to Luann (threatening to kill cops), the woman is approaching a solid Tinsley. 

I agree...she drinks as heavily as all the others. Maybe more so this season. And she looks like she weighs 90 lbs.. And she really never eats...she nibbles. She's a mess...her crazy outburst at this restaurant was a level 5 shit storm. She made LuAnn look reasonable and in control. 

• Love 18
53 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I thought it was ironic that Lu referred to Dorinda's 80s aerobic class as passe. This from the woman who is in a cabaret show. 

Does anyone else think that the only reason that Lu returned to the table at the dinner was because the guy she was trying to hook up with didn't take her call?

My heart broke for Tins, and I don't think she was recreating her feelings of losing Bambi. Whenever I have lost a beloved kitty, I have had meltdowns for several days if not weeks afterwards. Sonja and Ramona were horrible friends in comforting her, and these are two fellow dog owners. Sonja used her dog's death as a story line, not to actually grieve the passing of her dog. And Ramona doesn't think she will react the way Tins has, when Coco dies? Poor Coco. 

Could be.  Or, or a few other options:

1.  The producers told her they would not follow her with a cameraman, hence diminishing her already small amount of camera time that day.

2.  The producers reminded her about her breathalyzer thing. 

3.  The valet guy, to whom she so imperiously said "James - get me a car" reminded her that she, in fact, did not have a car there that he could "get", and if she wanted one, she should call for an Uber, and she didn't want to pay for that.

4.  She had a moment of enlightenment, and realized that she better eat some crow, apologize to the Queen B and keep her apple.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 11

This episode is why you watch RHONY,  These bitches are crazy and believe their own hype.

LuAnn sings the same fucking song but changes a word here and there.  Instead of t-shirts she makes "songs" out of catch phrases and not very good ones. Gotta love the hired music producers for any of these howives (or children) with their paid enthusiasm.  Everything is great as long as the check clears.  She really was only concerned on the other Howives attending so that her marketing person knows.

As for Tinsley my heart breaks for her.  Lost my 1st dog to liver cancer.  Was not pretty.  Chemo gave him hallucinations and seizures.  Will never do chemo again and am still paying the bill.  I ran his ashes up and down the fence line of our backyard as this was what he did every day.

Funny story at my mother's viewing in the funeral home a family friend gave us daughters a lapel pin and one for my mother.  While I was pinning it on her lapel my hand slipped and hit her chest.  It made a hollow sound so of course I had to do it again like 3 times.  Luckily I was by myself.  My brother took a picture of her in her casket and once we were all back at our respective homes he sent all of us a pack of pictures.  I was terrified a picture of mom was included.  Luckily it was not.  I will never say anything on how one does their final services.

• Love 17

I just want to make a comment about Scott...Tinsley's ex. Is this guy just trolling her or is he really that tone deaf? Sending her gaudy sneakers that were called Bambi when she's grieving for the loss of her Bambi? WTF? Weird doesn't even adequately describe this bereavement "gift". Similarly, the horseshoe floral arrangement he sent her...what is with this guy? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

What I love about RHONY is that they can have a huge bitchfest one minute and then later have fun. The other franchises dont do that. These girls know how to let shit go and have fun. 

Barbara's spray tan all over the white room was nasty. 

Omg that whole scene of Tinsley/Ramona/Sonja about Bambi was hilarious. Sonjas facial expressions killed me. Ramona asking if they put the dog in the microwave to dethaw made me burst out laughing.

How many times do they gave to go watch Luann perform. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, kicksave said:

I agree...she drinks as heavily as all the others. Maybe more so this season. And she looks like she weighs 90 lbs.. And she really never eats...she nibbles. She's a mess...her crazy outburst at this restaurant was a level 5 shit storm. She made LuAnn look reasonable and in control. 

I disagree. I think Bethenny was drinking water after her episode. The cocktails were in martini glasses. And she does eat. In fact, she orders ahead! LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Lu certainly spent the last couple of episodes tying any backsliding of sobriety back to the other women.  Gotta set up next year's story line.

I mean it's sort of egregious but it is damn clever.

She's a slippery one our countess.

I can envision Beth's head exploding that she didn't think to do this with any of her myriad of issues.  Your story line will always be relevant because it's directly tied to the others.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Also, for the record: LIFE IS NOT A FUCKING CABARET. It's many things, some wonderful and some less so, but it's always interesting. So why would we want life to be a shitty, boring form of entertainment such as a cabaret?

Whew. I feel better getting that out. That's been eating at me for several episodes now. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, NoWhammies said:

So why would we want life to be a shitty, boring form of entertainment such as a cabaret?

Well you can sit next to me.  And the thought of driving 30+ minutes after a big meal and drinks up at Luann's shake shack would just make me scream.  It's one thing to drag your friends to your cabaret but she was dragging them to some random cabaret in the middle of no where.  Probably owed someone a favor or something.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, sasha206 said:

And the video of her was so awful! Second hand embarrassment.

Do you think she deliberately didn't use an NYC housewives on the video because she was mad at them?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

15 years older! I swear if I didn't know their ages I would guess there was no more than a couple of years apart. 

Oh, and does Ramona really think Tinsley looks older than her 43 yrs? What is she looking at? 

You're right I thought they were less than 10 years apart but they are even more years apart! Ramona's insane but her skin looks good for her age. Bethenny is just so haggard and burned out- inside and out.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, politichick said:

Luann needs to understand that they've had enough with the cabaret. It's not their thing and I don't think they should be made to feel obligated to attend all of her NY performances or to go to cabaret while on holiday. She can't even fucking sing! They went to the first one and the Halloween one. And who knows however many others some may have attended. Enough!

Why? I'm sure they're sick to death of Skinnygirl but they still support Bethenny's events and constant product placement. Heck, she walked into the aerobics class carrying bottles of it!  One 90 minute show once a season will not kill them. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

You don't think kids should see parents care for them and their siblings?  They shouldn't see parents care for their own parents?  Kids live what they learn.  My dad was an alcoholic asshole.  He stole his mother's money, though now they have laws in place, and parked her in a welfare nursing home.  Guess what?  None of us were there when he died and would flip a coin or take turns when he was alive.  Our mother was awesome and we treated her just like she treated us and her own parents.  We literally slept with her during hospice and were there 24 hours a day.  Look at everyone around you.  You will see the better parent, or more caring parent being cared for.

This post makes me so happy. Thank you for sharing this with us!

• Love 6

Barbara needs a self-tanner intervention. Someone needs to smack the spray bottle out of her hand, confiscate that dollar store pink lipstick, and change the damn bulbs in her bathroom. Friends don't let friends walk out of the house like that.

b44398cf-233a-4273-9248-88056316eb41-get

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Bethenny is full of mental puke...this breakdown will repeat ad nauseam.

She needs something like this, but for the emotions:

51sQAcwuiFL.gif

Or maybe a good ol’ Roto-Rooter:

Sam_Blanc_and_Early_Machine.jpg

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, ichbin said:

I was on the verge of tears because she brought back my grief over my own dog's death, and then I found myself snorting with laughter when she said she called 911.  

I understand Tinsley's grief - the loss of her dog even though she knew it was going to happen eventually is still going to hit you hard.

At the same time, when she said she called 911, was I the only one who thought Tinsley called the Front Desk and it wasn't the paramedics who showed but Room Service?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, politichick said:

I disagree. I think Bethenny was drinking water after her episode. The cocktails were in martini glasses. And she does eat. In fact, she orders ahead! LOL

Well...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. She orders and eats ahead of the others? That sounds like an eating disorder type of thing to me...whatever. Don't really care.

1 hour ago, kicksave said:

If Lu Ann was just some nobody and walked in from the street to a recording studio they would laugh her out and tell her she's stinks. It really is pathetic that an entire crew of musicians, production people and dancers, in New York no less, are propping her up and trying to make her a bonafide performer.

All true but the staff and support people around her are--I assume--being paid. Having worked for decades as a theater professional, a gig is gig and we all have bills to pay.

1 hour ago, mytmo said:

Instead of t-shirts she makes "songs" out of catch phrases and not very good ones.

Does she actually write that tripe? Damn. Really serious crap, that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Does anyone else think Barb's home is styled in a 70s retro theme? Wood paneling on the walls and orange-brown shag carpet, furniture with gold,brown and orange patterns? I mean, how else could she be so oblivious about the spray tan stains and the outline of her foot on the chair?

Edited by SweetieDarling
It would be nice to know who "her" refers to
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Dutchgirl said:

Barbara needs a self-tanner intervention. Someone needs to smack the spray bottle out of her hand, confiscate that dollar store pink lipstick, and change the damn bulbs in her bathroom. Friends don't let friends walk out of the house like that.

I supported her for the most part this season but the spray tannerh Shitpissed me off!  If you are going to do that clean up after yourself or go do it in the grass! And yes she needs to stop with it.

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

You're right I thought they were less than 10 years apart but they are even more years apart! Ramona's insane but her skin looks good for her age. Bethenny is just so haggard and burned out- inside and out.

It really doesn't.  Last episode when we saw her waking up without make-up in Miami, Ramona's skin looked horrible.  She looks every year she has racked up.  I don't know what she uses to spackle, but my guess is airbrushed makeup which makes skin look very smooth and flawless.  But her natural skin is nowhere near flawless.  Maybe the cameraman took off the soft focus filter for that Miami bed shot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, ichbin said:

I was on the verge of tears because she brought back my grief over my own dog's death, and then I found myself snorting with laughter when she said she called 911.  

Me too! My jaw dropped when she said she phoned 911. Tinsley, you idiot. But to their credit, they went thru the motions of giving mouth to mouth to a clearly deceased dog with rigor mortis? :S

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Beden said:

All true but the staff and support people around her are--I assume--being paid. Having worked for decades as a theater professional, a gig is gig and we all have bills to pay.

Does she actually write that tripe? Damn. Really serious crap, that.

And I lived in NYC for decades myself and had several friends who were bonafide singer/songwriters that toiled in the clubs of the Village and on the road playing at colleges  coffeehouses etc. and were never signed to a recording deal. They were told they weren't "ready" yet or should try to sound more like someone else who was popular at the time. The record business is brutal and getting heard and signed is very rigorous and exhausting...even if you have a great voice and write great songs. Neither of which apply to LuAnn. She's fooling herself if she thinks she's selling tickets to her cabaret act because of her scary talent. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, dosodog said:

Wait until they have to constantly go to Dorinda's Medley of 80's Aerobic Classics*.

They'll have rock hard buns and abs at least.

But having to wear 80's clothes?  Once or twice maybe.....

workout omg GIF by Hardly Art

*Apparently it's going to be a real thing.  Countrywide tour!

OMG is this the Erika Jayne Pat The Tush workout?

giphy.gif

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Could be.  Or, or a few other options:

1.  The producers told her they would not follow her with a cameraman, hence diminishing her already small amount of camera time that day.

2.  The producers reminded her about her breathalyzer thing. 

3.  The valet guy, to whom she so imperiously said "James - get me a car" reminded her that she, in fact, did not have a car there that he could "get", and if she wanted one, she should call for an Uber, and she didn't want to pay for that.

4.  She had a moment of enlightenment, and realized that she better eat some crow, apologize to the Queen B and keep her apple.  

I think James is part of production....no?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Normally I think Beth has an incredible figure and looks amazing in her clothing.  But the aerobic scene her body looks so skinny and she had this grandma look to her.

She has that space between her breasts that looks weird...

• Love 9
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Dutchgirl said:

I was hoping that after Ramona took Barbara shopping, she might have been inspired to do a complete makeover. Apparently not. In another RHoNY thread, someone referred to Barbara, in relation to Lu, as an older woman. In reality Luann is older than Barbara. 

I don't have a lot of sympathy for Luann when she blames the other howives' treatment of her as the reason she wants to drink again. She is the one who has kept re signing for the show, knowing that not only is conflict between the women a big part of it, but so is drinking at every turn. On top of that she continues her cabaret act, where she is obviously around booze constantly. In fact wasn't it after one of her shows that Lu admitted to drinking and violating her parole conditions? But then Lu is a narcissist, and nothing is ever a narcissist's fault. 

I wonder if Jovani will want to sue Lu for butchering its name?  

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, politichick said:

There was a huge purple drink in a martini glass in front of Bethenny when she returned to the table. A few seconds later--who knows how much time passed--it was nearly empty.

I'm just going to be the, I guess, asshole, and say what I'm thinking: I don't empathize with Tinsley. I don't look at animals that way. I grew up with animals--big dogs, horses, cats, rodents, birds--and I loved them deeply. My sister and I kind of based our entire childhood around this giant golden retriever we had--but when they're gone, they're gone. Sometimes I'll shed a tear in the direct aftermath for days gone by, but mostly I'm glad they're not suffering and I don't think too much about it.  I feel like they've gone to a better place. (If an animal is suffering through a person's mishandling, whether through neglect or abuse--I have and will continue to rage and break some laws to alleviate the suffering, and that shit will cause me to cry decades after the fact). It's not really within my constitution to give a dog chemo. Maybe if I had, like, a zillion dollars. But if I find a dog of mine has cancer, we put him down as soon as it appears he has lost his quality of life. 

I think my mentality about animals, if it can be distilled into a word somehow, is more "rural," "farm" or "country." Tinsley's attitude is, generally speaking, a bit more nouveau or urban. Even though I jokingly referred to myself as "the asshole," I don't think I'm wrong and she's right, or vice versa. 

What I do wonder about is whether Tinsley's tears are all about the dog. To quote Bethenny from days of yore, "it's never about what it's about." I got the impression that the tears were partially about a dream deferred. In that scene where she was crying, I became absolutely sure of one thing: Tinsley is not going to have children. I can't say with exact certainty what made me say that, but I feel in my bones that it's true, and maybe she realized it as well. I can't help but wonder if Scott had wanted to whisk Tinsley off to Paris for a romantic weekend right after Miami, whether she would be driving up 95 to look after the dog, or across the 195 to Miami International Airport. Again, it's just a feeling I get, but it does diminish some of the sympathy I would have had for Tinsley, in addition to empathy. 

I'm not going to get on Scott's case for sending sneakers as a condolence. What was he supposed to do, send something really thoughtful? That would immediately be interpreted as a sign that Scott had feelings for Tinsley, by Tinsley, and would set the whole machinery back two years! If he sent nothing, everyone would look at him like he was a monster. I don't think Tinsley should have shared that info with Scott. He doesn't deserve to know. He's an ex. Exes don't really have the right or the responsibility to know when someone (canine or otherwise) passes. I would never share anything with an ex. It's not personal; it's just that it's not appropriate for me to share info with someone who isn't in my life. And if someone is an ex, I have no idea why they should be in a person's life, unless they share minor children. People are way too involved in past bullshit to let themselves be happy these days. I'd rather see Tinsley go to a grief counselor or a grief workshop than to know she went to Scott. 

I'm not saying this stuff about the dog to put anyone on the defensive. I just wanted to put it out there, because I'm sure there were people watching who didn't feel Tinsley's pain, and I guess I wanted to say that we're not all monsters (not that anyone leveled that accusation; I'm just saying people could be afraid to speak up in fear of being accused of having no feelings). I'm an animal lover. But I see it differently than a lot of people, and I wanted that viewpoint out there. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
10 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Does anyone else think Barb's home is styled in a 70s retro theme? Wood paneling on the walls and orange-brown shag carpet, furniture with gold,brown and orange patterns? I mean, how else could she be so oblivious about the spray tan stains and the outline of her foot on the chair?

I definitely get a waterbed, beanbag chair vibe from her....

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Normally I think Beth has an incredible figure and looks amazing in her clothing.  But the aerobic scene her body looks so skinny and she had this grandma look to her.

Just now, kicksave said:

She has that space between her breasts that looks weird...

I always find Bethenny's boobs are distracting, they're just too big, too round and too fake looking for her teeny body. And Ramona's "improvements" really haven't improved matters...she looked better before. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

What I do wonder about is whether Tinsley's tears are all about the dog. To quote Bethenny from days of yore, "it's never about what it's about."

As someone who has had to euthanize beloved pets who have been with me for years and years, Tinsley's tears felt very, very real.  If I start to think about my 19 year old cat that died two years ago, I still ugly cry like that.

• Love 20