Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E22: The Quest for Peace

Trini
  • Start Topic

*Season Finale*

Lex Luthor (guest star Jon Cryer) descends upon Washington, DC and summons Lena and Lillian Luthor (guest star Brenda Strong) to the White House. Supergirl realizes she has one last chance to stop Lex and turns to the power of the press to help her.

Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Robert Rovner & Jessica Queller and teleplay by Rob Wright & Derek Simon.

Airdate 5/19/2019

016-season4-episode22.jpg

The Quest For Peace.  No longer associated with the worst Christopher Reeve Superman movie with Jon Cryer.  Now associated with a pretty decent season finale with Jon Cryer. 

Brainy admits his feelings? Check.
Lex saying buh bye? Crisis Check  
Lockwood on lock down? Check (thank God.)
Alex hopefully finding someone? Check
Lena finally knowing the truth? Giiiirl, your brother was sort of right on that one.      

Definitely not the emotional gut punches of Arrow and The Flash, but it was enough for now.  

• Love 6

100% the best piece of Superman related media featuring Jon Cryer called The Quest for Peace. 

Not only was Lena's best friend lying to her, but all her other friends, and her boyfriend, before, during, and after their relationship. Like, everyone was lying to here and conspiring to hide the truth from her, the only people she trusted. I dont blame her for being pissed as hell after this. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

Well, that was terribly incoherent... I guess it lived up to its title?

In no particular order:

• So, why was Lex Luthor's corpse was left to rot in that room?
  • Why is Ben Lockwood in jail again? Wasn't he pardoned?
  • Just as we predicted, Lex told Lena who Kara is, with the also predicted results.
  • Wouldn't it be easier to de-power those power cells (gawd knows how that was sppsd to work) and remove the people strapped in it than to make it overload and explode by contributing to it?
  • Why was Ben fighting Supergirl after discovering he had been used as a pawn by Lex against Supergirl?
  • Why did Superman move to Argo City?
  • Kasnia attacked California? What?
  • Kara's blog turned people against Lex Luthor? Why were they siding with him in the first place?
  • Hurray! The xenophobia went away as quickly, if not faster, than it arrived! Well, until the NEXT alien threat, next season...
Edited by Ubiquitous
"blog", not "blob".
  • Love 5

How long was Lex's corpse just sitting in the chair? Is James Nick Fury now? 

I think I missed whatever led to Brainy acting like himself again, though I'm glad he is. 

I got my hopes up for a Clark appearance when they mentioned Argo. Guess I'll have to wait for Crisis. 

• Love 4

A little ticked that the big bad of the season was focused on defeating Superman, but at least Eve’s story didn’t end with being Lex’s flunky so I guess that evens out. 

REAL ticked that not only did Kara not tell Lena, but that Lex told her, AND that Lena didn’t already secretly know anyways. I would have way rather seen Lena respond with “Duh.” before shooting him again because I am not looking forward to this drama being dragged out over how many episodes next season. 

• Love 14

Loved them using "Kickstart my Heart" during an action Sequence UGH and SIGH. Shouldve known Writers would be fucking lazy. God Forbid they dont go a different route and Have Lena not be against Kara. No gotta be lazy. Kara may have kept the truth but it's not like Kara hates her. Is it too much to ask for some Creativness and not have Lena and Kara be Enemys? I was yelling "Idiot" at Alex advising Kara not to tell Lena 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, shantown said:

A little ticked that the big bad of the season was focused on defeating Superman, but at least Eve’s story didn’t end with being Lex’s flunky so I guess that evens out. 

REAL ticked that not only did Kara not tell Lena, but that Lex told her, AND that Lena didn’t already secretly know anyways. I would have way rather seen Lena respond with “Duh.” before shooting him again because I am not looking forward to this drama being dragged out over how many episodes next season. 

Yep I was Mad that Lex told her as well. Literally said "Goddammit Lex!" Wouldve been awesome if Lena shot her bro anyway and said "Duh" but these writers are lazy. Not looking forward to that Drama next season either. God Forbid Writers had Kara straight up tell her. No let's borrow from Smallville cause we're Lazy

• Love 4

J'onn's supposed to have an evil twin brother in the comics so I guess they'll be merging the Lena's evil sibling and Kara's evil twin plot into one.

You probably should have cremated the body instead of letting him sit there to rot, Lena.  That's unsanitary. 

Apparently the people on this Earth have no long term memories since they flip flop their opinions on superheroes and supervillains at the drop of a hat.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, cambridgeguy said:

Apparently the people on this Earth have no long term memories since they flip flop their opinions on superheroes and supervillains at the drop of a hat.

OMG! YES! A THOUSAND TIMES!

• Love 3

The finale was decent, It had a finished feeling to it. And looks like some interesting things ahead for next season. 

As far as Lena I can understand her being pissed and feeling betrayed. But if she turns evil next season she will not be justified in whatever she does. And really the only one she should be mad at is Kara since it was her secret to tell.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, shantown said:

When I think about it that's kind of messed up that the big bad wasn't even really focused on Supergirl lol.

18 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Well, that was terribly incoherent... I guess it lived up to its title?

In no particular order:

• So, are they saying that Lex Luthor's corpse was left to rot in that room?
  • Just as we predicted, Lex told Lena who Kara is, with the also predicted results.
  • Wouldn't it be easier to de-power those power cells (gawd knows how that was sppsd to work) and remove the people strapped in it than to make it overload and explode by contributing to it?
  • Why was Ben fighting Supergirl after discovering he had been used as a pawn by Lex against Supergirl?
  • Why did Superman move to Argo City?
  • Kasnia attacked California? What?
  • Kara's blob turned people against Lex Luthor? Why were they siding with him in the first place?
  • Hurray! The xenophobia went away as quickly, if not faster, than it arrived! Well, until the NEXT alien threat, next season...

Superman moved to Argo City with Lois Lane, since Lois is pregnant with Superman's child.  And they didn't want the kid having powers when he was born.

Kasnia is a land-locked country -- they clearly showed it on the map to be somewhere in the MIDDLE of Siberia -- so where did they get an aircraft carrier from ?

I would have thought that Ben Lockwood would have teamed up with Supergirl and the others in order to destroy Lex, but apparently not.  Which makes no sense at all.

I think they are saying that Lena left Lex's corpse in that facility (wherever it was).

Did they ever destroy the Claymore satellite ?  Or did they just leave it there for it to be abused by the next big bad.  Because if it could destroy Argo City at such a long distance (which is just beyond stupid), it could do major damage to the Earth.

So, did the Monitor bring Lex back to life ?  Or zombify him ?  And who is the new Green Martian ?

Who is Leviathan ?  And why is he everywhere ?  And why have Leviathan's reps been pulling Eve Tessmacher's strings ?  Because that seems like something Lex would have known about.

What happened to James' eye ?  Did Ben Lockwood didn't stab him in the eye with the de-harun-elizer in the eye, so what happened ?

Did Red Daughter become a Jedi ?  Because her physical form (including her outfit) turned to energy that was absorbed by Kara for some unexplained reason.

I thought it was funny when Lex crashed to earth and exploded -- and everyone standing around applauded.

Kara's blob -- I'm assuming you meant blog, but yeah that made no sense.  

• Love 5
(edited)

What oh what are you up to, Monitor? Bringing in an apparently evil martian, saving Lex, what is going on here exactly? 

The people in this verse sure are a bunch of fair weather fans, arent they? One second they all hate aliens and want to kill them and Supergirl is public enemy number one and the next they love aliens and are all about living together and Supergirl is their hero again! "I mean, yeah we`ve seen Supergirl saving countless people and Lex Luther kill countless people, but..." At least we can move on from this story, which it feels like has gone on forever!

They really should have told Lena the truth ages ago, this is going to make everything so much worse. I hope she does not go fill on supervillain, but i cant blame her for being furious about this. She couldn't trust her hot mess of a family, so she found her friends who she thought trusted her even though she was a Luther, and it turns out they kept this massive secret from her this whole time. I did want her to be like "well obviously" when Lex told her the truth. I mean, Lena is very smart, and Kara is not very subtle. 

As over the top strawman as the bad guys got, it was just to see them get their just desserts, and seeing that George Lockwood has totally renounced his dads bullshit, and Lockwood got to see it. Because he was such an asshole, his wife is dead, is reputation destroyed, he is going to be in jail for ages, and his son wants nothing to do with him. Sucks to suck!

So Brainys brain got jolted, so he gor back to normal, and now he and Nita are together! Very happy to see that, but it does make me concerned that someone else could find a way ti flip that switch again. Maybe even one of his evil ancestors?

Poor Red Daughter. I wish she could have lived, especially long enough to see that cute little Mikael is still alive.

Not as dramatic and heartbreaking as the last two Arrowverse finales, but it was still pretty good. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4

REAL ticked that not only did Kara not tell Lena, but that Lex told he, AND that Lena didn't already secretly know anyways. I would have way rather seen Lena respond with "Duh."

I knew this was how it would play out but its still annoying. There were so many clues right in front of her that someone with her intelligence should have been able to figure it out on her own. But if she couldn't at least have Kara grow a spine and tell her. Not looking forward to this drama.

I hope next season majorly tones down the political allegory stuff and maybe they can bring back a bit more humor. 

I don't get what the Monitor is doing. How is bringing back an enemy of J'onn going to save the multiverse? And I'm assuming he brought back Lex too. No way were they going to let him stay dead. 

I am not buying Alex and James sister. The writing for Maggie and Alex had flaws but I at least bought that they were into each other.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Superman moved to Argo City with Lois Lane, since Lois is pregnant with Superman's child.  And they didn't want the kid having powers when he was born.

Not quite. They don't want the baby manifesting any powers in utero while Lois is pregnant, as that could be fatal for Lois.  Google "Man of Steel/Woman of Kleenex."

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

What WHAT WHAT?!?!

Apparently, I missed that plot developement... I think I'd be more concerned about having a super-fetus.

Kasnia is a land-locked country -- they clearly showed it on the map to be somewhere in the MIDDLE of Siberia -- so where did they get an aircraft carrier from ?

Because Lex luthor did it!

Did they ever destroy the Claymore satellite ?  Or did they just leave it there for it to be abused by the next big bad.  Because if it could destroy Argo City at such a long distance (which is just beyond stupid), it could do major damage to the Earth.

Good point!

29 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

So, did the Monitor bring Lex back to life ?  Or zombify him ?  And who is the new Green Martian ?

Is that who that was? I wondered why he looked familiar and thought they were trying to rip off Thanos, like they ripped off the helmet interiors from Iron Man.

29 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Who is Leviathan ?  And why is he everywhere ?  And why have Leviathan's reps been pulling Eve Tessmacher's strings ?  Because that seems like something Lex would have known about.

Whenever I hear "leviathan", I am reminded of that awful storyline from Dark Shadows, but to be honest, I thought Lex Luther had disguised himself as Mrs. Doubtfire before killing Ms Tessmacher for messing up his plans.

31 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Did Red Daughter become a Jedi ?  Because her physical form (including her outfit) turned to energy that was absorbed by Kara for some unexplained reason.

Thanks for reminding me! I have no clue what that was about.

31 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Fixed.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

What WHAT WHAT?!?!

Apparently, I missed that plot development... I think I'd be more concerned about having a super-fetus.

It was mentioned in last year's Elseworlds crossover episode. Lois and Clark had just gotten engaged, and when they broke the news to Kara (who, of course, was overjoyed), they also told her that they were moving to Argo City for the duration of the pregnancy and the birth precisely because they were  concerned about the possible harm that having a super-fetus growing inside Lois could cause.

• Love 2

Until it was mentioned here I had completely forgotten Jon Cryer was in the Quest for Peace movie. I wish I could forget the Quest for Peace movie itself. That thing was awful on a level it's difficult to describe (and I saw it in the theater) but at least this episode was able to redeem the title.

So, Brainy was basically fixed by his just rebooting? Nice to see future tech is so much more advanced than ours.

Wow. Lex's big plan boils down to him wanting to kill Superman? Way to be creative, Lex.

I must admit, I loved how Lillian can so casually say "Well I tried to poison your brother but he wouldn't shut up long enough to drink it." That's one hell of a family dynamic.

Lex's pride at the fact Lena was actually able to kill him was priceless.

I still don't understand Red Daughter's special purple powers but I guess Kara has them too now?

Now Lena knows. Lena is understandably pissed. Kara really should have told her a long time ago. I just hope they don't make Lena do something really stupid. I like Lena conflicted, I don't want her evil.

Was not expecting the Monitor to show up. Seems a little early to start the Crisis prep but okay. Don't know about the martian but I'm not sure what use Lex is to him. He's already failed.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

We got a happy ending, as contrived as it was.  The bad guys are seemingly dealt with, and America is once again a safe place for aliens. Of course, the Monitor is moving the pieces in preparation of the Crisis. Oh, and Lena looks pissed that Kara withheld the whole "Supergirl" thing from her, and that sucks harder because Kara has been putting that revelation off all season. I'm really hoping Lena isn't going to be a bitch, let alone a Big Bad.

Man, the show got so much out of Jon Cryer as Lex. Just a magnificent bastard all around. It did help that the people around him got dumber when they were near him. "Hey, could you stay still for a moment?" Correct answer: "Bitch, you're holding a gun. I know where this is heading!" And he was oudone by social media. Specifically, Kara's writing. I like to think Snapper Carr was  reading that somewhere, a single tear rolling down his weathered face.

Lockwood lived. FUCK. And his dumbass kid has turned against him. I'm hoping that Supergirl does to Lockwood what Arrow did to Diaz mid-season: set him on fire and stop the second attack before it can start. It's also sad that he knew that he had been played, but he still went through the fighting. Such a pitiful asshole.

I'm too tired to continue. Also, I can't remember what happened to Red Daughter. And the Martian that came in from the proverbial cornfield . . . have we seen him before?

ETA: Forgot about Brianiac confessing his love to Nia and getting his emotions back. He's such a sweet nerd, y'know?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I would have thought that Ben Lockwood would have teamed up with Supergirl and the others in order to destroy Lex, but apparently not.  Which makes no sense at all.

I think they are saying that Lena left Lex's corpse in that facility (wherever it was).

What happened to James' eye ?  Did Ben Lockwood didn't stab him in the eye with the de-harun-elizer in the eye, so what happened ?

I thought it was funny when Lex crashed to earth and exploded -- and everyone standing around applauded.

In the comics, Leviathan is a criminal organization made of up evil scientists and metahumans and run by Talia al Ghul.

• Love 2

Don't know what it says about me, but I'd watch the hell out of a "Living with the Luthors" reality show.  Just thirty minutes to an hour of Lex grandstanding, Lillian snarking, and both of them trying to kill one another, all while Lena just rolls her eyes and complains to the camera how much her family blows.

As of now, I think this might be my favorite of the D.C. finales, but a lot of that is just I find Lex to be so entertaining to watch.  Despite being in only three episodes, Jon Cryer managed to do what the actors playing the endgame villains on the other shows couldn't: made him a viable threat and actually interesting to watch.  Again, this was casting that I initially questioned, but damn if Cryer didn't prove me wrong.  Glad that it looks like he might not actually be gone for good and The Monitor has some kind of plan with him (or his corpse?)

Sorry, Sam Witwer, I love you, but I about died when Ben dramatically showed up on the island.  He might as well screamed "Hello, everyone!  I am here to full-fill my secondary villain status of delaying the main hero until the villain people care about arrives, and then I'll go on to be a punching bag for the supporting heroes!"  I'd almost pity him if he wasn't... well, Ben Lockwood.

Hey, they actually had a plausible explanation for why Baker managed to be the VP!  Lex took out the initial candidate that President Lynda Cater wanted, and he was basically Lex's puppet, who molded himself to seem appealing to her.  Well done, show!  Not even being snarky.

On one hand, Brainy's sudden reboot seems cheap and problematic in the sense that I wonder if he could slip back at any moment.  On the other hand, aww, Brainy and Nia!  What can I say?  I'm just a sucker for this couple and both characters.

Alex is going to date James' sister.  Cool?

Bye, Kazian Supergirl!

So, at long last, Lena finds out the damn truth.  Not on her own, of course, but because Lex spilled the beans which I saw coming once I knew that he knew Kara's identity.  I'll give him credit for emphasizing that it wasn't just Kara, but everyone else was lying to, which really does not paint a pretty picture for any of them.  Still, I hope Lena actually gives them a moment to explain themselves, and doesn't just spiral into bad guy territory like I'm sure Lex and probably even Lillian would love to see happen.

Fun last few episodes and I'm looking forward to next season, but it still wouldn't hurt if the show learned to quit dropping anvils all the time.  Granted, at this point, that might be its biggest selling point and brand recognition.  Arrow is about darkness and moodiness, Flash is about family and cheesy fluff, Legends of Tomorrow is about whatever badshit insanity the writers pull from their hat and have their talent cast perform (which they do at 110%!), and Supergirl?  All about using real life events and issues as metaphors!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, childeroland said:

In the comics, Leviathan is a criminal organization made of up evil scientists and metahumans and run by Talia al Ghul.

Brian Michael Bendis has just started a huge storyline involving them.

(Those of you currently reading the comics probably know that).

Edited by opus
(edited)
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Not only was Lena's best friend lying to her, but all her other friends, and her boyfriend, before, during, and after their relationship. Like, everyone was lying to here and conspiring to hide the truth from her, the only people she trusted. I dont blame her for being pissed as hell after this. 

To be fair, Lena's done her share of lying, too.

One thing I will say is that I like the Lena/Lillian dynamic much more than anything between Lex and his two female relatives.

EDIT: So I guess that is supposed to be a twin of J'onn J'onnz that I didn't know he had. Dang. I was hoping they were going to use Despero as a villain instead.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Why was Ben fighting Supergirl after discovering he had been used as a pawn by Lex against Supergirl?

Because she was still an alien.

3 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I think it's because she was a weird Black-Kryptonite-spawned time remnant created when Kara reversed time in last season's finale.  When she died she evaporated in an explosion of purple glitter.

Leviathan is at the heart of DC's big summer comics crossover, so them showing up now is a different kind of topical.

• Love 4

I thought it was a really good episode, and I'm always a sucker for use of Motley Crue.

I'll admit, I thought it was going to be revealed that the only lady talking to Tessmacher was Granny Goodness.  Wonder if we'll be getting a crossover with Batwoman with this Leviathan storyline.

Please don't have Lena go evil because Kara didn't tell her.  Have her be mad for a couple of episodes, and they go back to being friends.  Please, don't turn her evil.

I like that Lockwood just got thrown in jail, this allows Witwer to come back.

I'm glad to see Brainy is back.  No doubt that Rath would have killed it as Brainiac, but he's so damn good as Brainy.

Alright Legends, let's see if you or Supergirl is the best Beeboverse show this season.

• Love 5

When I first heard that Jon Cryer was going to play Lex I had my doubts.  But man he was great as Lex and I am glad they left it open for him to return.

Also, I have to give Nicole Maines major props.  I felt her acting had a lot to be desired in the first few episodes.  However, she has vastly improved as the season went on and I have come to enjoy her character (Not going to lie her being cute is also a factor.).

• Love 3

Kudos to Jon Cryer for being Awesome as Lex. Definitely wont mind if Lex is resurrected and plays Lex again next season. Praying Writers dont have Lena go Evil. Have some originality and dont copy Smallville overall even with the uncomfortable at times overarching season storyline echoing real life issues I thought this was possibly the best season. I actually loved Kara not being wrapped around a love interest and my shipper heart was into Brainy/Nia as I found them adorable. Brainy and Nia both are two of my new fav characters of the Arrowverse. I liked seeing Alex and James kicking some Ben and followers asses. 

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, KirkB said:

Until it was mentioned here I had completely forgotten Jon Cryer was in the Quest for Peace movie. I wish I could forget the Quest for Peace movie itself. That thing was awful on a level it's difficult to describe (and I saw it in the theater) but at least this episode was able to redeem the title.

Oh come on, Nuclear Man would fit right into this show.

Edited by Writing Wrongs
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I wish the show would stop drawing attention to Supergirl's "secret" identity because it is the weakest element of the story, by far. It is laughably absurd that someone claiming to be Kara's best friend cannot tell she's Supergirl simply because the former wears glasses and has a ponytail. This would really only work with characters that only know Kara as one or the other, but not intimately both. If the show wants to make an issue of it they need to invest some energy into explaining it with some kind of comic book techno babble. 

I know this is a staple of comics but it's a holdover from a bygone era where people simply don't pay attention to women because (gasp) they wear glasses and therefore are not worthy of ogling. "Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses" and all that. This isn't 1940. Kara and Supergirl are objectively identical, glasses or no. It's silly to keep drawing attention to this absurd plot point. All it accomplishes is making Lena look like an idiot.

• Love 9

Kara, Brainy, and Lena: I don't like cold Brainy!!!!! I miss old Brainy. 😞 😭

Lex, Lena, and mama:  I love that mama Luther tried to poison Lex and he knew! 🙂

Dreamer, J'onn, and Brainy:  I love that Dreamer used her powers on Brainy because he abandoned them. ROFL! Whoa Brainy is coming back?!!?! HE CAME BACK!!! YAY!!!! 🙂 🙌 I did not expect that. I thought he was going to be evil next season. Whew.

Brainy: You can do this. You're amazing!

I love how he just went on and on and on! 🙂 I kept talking to him through the tv saying say I love you!!!!!!!! 🙂

Brainy: And I love you.

😱 HE SAID IT!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Fake Supergirl and Lex: Well, you should not have trusted Lex!!! Even though you are his "daughter" He don't care about anybody but himself!

Supergirl and Lex: Great scene!!!!

Fake Supergirl and Supergirl: Fake Supergirl saved her life!!!!! That is awesome!!! Great scene!

Lex and Lena: Great scene!!!!!

Lex: Kara is Supergirl.

WHOA! Bravo writers!!! 🙂 Nicely done! Oh he's dead.. Or IS he? DUN DUN DUN!

Alex and James's sister: Kissing.. Meh. I feel nothing for them as a couple. I rather like them as friends. Whoa! Bria walks by holding hands!!!!!! So they are a couple?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?! 🙂

The gang:  Having fun and playing games. 🙂  Brainy is sitting on a chair and Dreamer is sitting next to him!!!! They ARE a couple!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! 💓  Oh oh Lena shows up privately fuming. On twitter people are upset because they think Lena is going to turn evil. I hope not!!!!

Miss Tessmauker and ????: Ummmmmm. So someone hired her to work with Lex? Then she fell for him?

New guy and the REAL J'onn: UH OH.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, opus said:

Frank Sinatra AND Motley Crue. Very eclectic episode.

Yeah I loved how they had the song my way while Lex was flying! Loved how he was also singing it. Hahahaha! Nice touch.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

I am not buying Alex and James sister. The writing for Maggie and Alex had flaws but I at least bought that they were into each other.

Yeah I am not buying it either. I bought Maggie and Alex relationship, and that they were into each other too. It broke my heart that they had to break up.

16 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

EDIT: So I guess that is supposed to be a twin of J'onn J'onnz that I didn't know he had. Dang. I was hoping they were going to use Despero as a villain instead.

Wait what? He has a twin? I thought he was the real J'onn who died, and that's why our J'onn is using his identity. I'm so confused.

6 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Oh come on, Nuclear Man would fit right into this show.

Oh I agree, but the Quest for Peace movie itself was still, IMO, awful.

Ironically, the best part of both QfP's was Lex. Hackman was the only one who seemed to be having any fun and Cryer made the most out of a fairly small role.

• Love 3

Lex, you magnificent bastard.  From maniacally singing "My Way" while blowing up Kaznian ships in your super-suit to being impressed/tickled pink at your sister murdering you, you were just aces.  What an awesomely evil villain - way to go, Jon Cryer!

Yay, Red Daughter comes back into the fold (literally, at the very, very end.)  I really liked her, and I'm glad that, once she learned the truth, she did the right thing.

I love that Brainy was brought back by the combination of strong emotion (the woman he loves putting herself in mortal danger alongside J'onn) and sheer illogical heroics (both of them risking their lives for this plan that's all but doomed to fail) overwhelming his systems.  I wouldn't say no to a return to Brainiac for a minor arc at some point, but I'm super happy to have Brainy back.  I loved that his re-alignment breakdown included sprinkled-in pop culture references (culminating in Monty Python, ha!), and so cute that he (finally!) told Nia how he felt about her.

Man, poor Lena.  I get why she reacted the way she did, and if we start next season to find out a significant amount of time has passed and Kara is STILL dragging her heels about telling Lena, I'm going to be mad.  Come on, Kara, Lena's more than proven that she knows how to handle herself, and she's the ONLY person in your social circle who doesn't know!  What are you waiting for?

• Love 5
On 5/19/2019 at 6:13 PM, jay741982 said:

Not looking forward to that Drama next season either. God Forbid Writers had Kara straight up tell her. No let's borrow from Smallville cause we're Lazy

That whole FOMO Super-person non-reveal/shock reveal, is pretty standard for Superman lore.  Practically everyone in "Smallville" who was close to Clark got pissed when they learned his secret and he didn't tell them.  The whole spiraling into madness for Lex in "Smallville" was BECAUSE Clark didn't tell him he was an alien with super powers.  "Smallville" even had that one fun episode where Clark's memory was wiped and Chloe had to tell HIM he was super powered. (minus the X-ray vision, Chole reacted embarrassingly about that).  I hate the contrived drama and Lena should know that Lex was goading her as his last malicious act.  She should trust her heart.  She enters a party where everyone is happy to see her and she broods?  That's not like Lena.  Anyway, now that she knows, why couldn't she approach Kara and speak to her in private?  She's your best friend, you're going to let your "World's Most Dangerous Criminal" brother tell you what your best friend was doing?  Fuck that shit, Lena!  You're her best friend and she's a sweet person, go up and talk to her!

Otherwise, this was a very fun episode.  Glad Eve got Bitch-slapped by Lena, she deserved that and more.  Even Lex had to tone her down.  I DID like the Kara=Supergirl slow realization for Alex and as we thought, her interaction with Kelly would lead to the lamest hook-up.  I liked Alex's hookup with Sara Lance better, especially when she woke up in bed the next day and sort of recoiled when she realized who was in bed next to her.

I liked the "Double Date" at the end with Brainy and Nia (Finally) and Alex and Kelly.

Brainy reboots and with perfect timing remembers his last executive command, "Must tell Nia that I love her!".  Of course he chose the wrong time, but that's in keeping with the character.

Hated to see Bruce Boxleitner hauled off to jail, I guess my B5 bias will always be there.

Glad Lockwood got what he deserved.  The actor should have a word with his agent about choosing certain roles.  He WAS Doomsday on "Smallville" and a pretty messed up vampire on "Being Human".  

Since when can a Kryptonian collect solar energy  from grass, trees, and flowers?  That sort of flies in face of everything we knew about Kryptonians.

Whatever happened to Wynn being a recurring character or appearing occasionally?

Good episode and I look forward to next season

• Love 2

So Eve was ultimately working for Leviathan to infiltrate Lex, to then infiltrate Lena/Catco for Lex. That's multi-tasking at a high level. No wonder she needs a vacation.

So subtle this show: (Lena) why don't you put a blonde wig on the president and sell him and Eve as a matching set? I don't think either president (real or fake) would mind being with Eve.

Someone at the CW sold out Kara and gave Lex episode footage of her using her powers. Seriously, couldn't they at least use different camera angles for the revelation?

• Love 2
On 5/19/2019 at 9:05 PM, Ubiquitous said:

So, why was Lex Luthor's corpse was left to rot in that room?

She shot him over the weekend and the office cleaning crew wouldn't be in until sometime after 6pm on Monday to remove him and the rest of the trash.

On 5/19/2019 at 9:06 PM, bettername2come said:

Is James Nick Fury now? 

At least he can rest assured knowing his story is better than a cat scratched his eye.

George Lockwood seems to be well-adjusted after recently losing his mother and now his father is in jail. Will Alex try to adopt him?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

George Lockwood seems to be well-adjusted after recently losing his mother and now his father is in jail. Will Alex try to adopt him?

Looks like he is about to start a new life with his sexy alien friend.

I liked the finale and the season until it looked like everything had gone back to normal, with no hatred for aliens, and Lex (seemingly) coming back to life via The Monitor. Course that may not have been The Monitor (as it doesn't really make any sense if it was, to me at least), but regardless it still makes this season kind of pointless.

I hope this Crisis is worth it.

11 hours ago, Quark said:

I liked the finale and the season until it looked like everything had gone back to normal, with no hatred for aliens, and Lex (seemingly) coming back to life via The Monitor. Course that may not have been The Monitor (as it doesn't really make any sense if it was, to me at least), but regardless it still makes this season kind of pointless.

I hope this Crisis is worth it.

Maybe Lex is needed for something in the Crisis - i'm guessing his intellect might be one needed for something that smashes all of the universes together.

• Love 2