Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Vianey and Allen's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Credit cards can be a problem in this income bracket.

I have great credit and a decent salary and I don't have one, just not interested and keeps me out of trouble :).   But my guess is they cannot get one since they apparently have no income.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, ThereButFor said:

So they saved her life and now she's crying that she didn't get the weight loss surgery?  

To be fair, she's barely awake and probably in a lot of shock.

• Love 15
47 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

The addict's logic... I can manage this...just cut back and then stop...

That actually worked for me to quit smoking. I cut down gradually over the course of a year, and didn't tell anyone what I was doing. When I was down to one cigarette every other day, I stopped, and then I told people. That was thirty years ago, and I've never smoked again. But for a couple of years I did keep a sealed pack of cigarettes in a drawer, so that if I ever wanted one, it would be right at hand. Eventually got rid of it, and never looked back.

But I don't know if that approach would work so well with food. If you gave up potatoes, for example, you could just eat more rice or pasta. I think you'd have to do it in bigger stages; first give up all sugars, then give up all starches, then lower fat intake, then cut portion sizes on what's left. Hmmm.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, 88Keys said:

To be fair, she's barely awake and probably in a lot of shock.

Good point, but a month later she is STILL on about it.  I see Lola in her future!

• Love 6
Just now, MsVixen said:

This just reiterates how all surgeries have risks.

I'm being sedated for oral surgery in the next few weeks. I really needed to see this, lemme tell you. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Callaphera said:

"I'm even mad that Doctor Now brought me back."

Welp. There went aaany iota of sympathy I had for her.

Just now, Wanda said:

Yup, ungrateful. 

And very depressed.

• Love 18

Dr Now should not have told her what happened while she was in the OR.  She freaked out, which is understandable. I’m so glad whomever that staff member was  really calmed her down and explained that they had a choice to keep her living or stop the surgery. 

• Love 8
Just now, Jeeves said:

And very depressed.

Or manipulative. 

Some people, especially addicts, can be very good at saying what they need to so they get the most sympathy possible, therefore they can get their way again because you feel so bad for them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

She’s acting like a spoiled brat who was unfairly deprived of her rightful operation rather than someone who was saved after her heart stopped. Shouldn’t getting a second chance to be with your beloved husband be motivation enough? /s

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

As someone who just came home with another case today I heartily concur.

Interesting.... and I much prefer meds to wine. There really is a lid for every pot! Give me a Percoset any day!! 💊

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I liked that Dr Now was patting VNA's shoulder in the OR.

That said, I am so going to hell because all I could think of was a scene from Beavis and Butthead, where Butthead is patting the hand of a pilot after a crash and saying, "Don't die and stuff."  Aliya jr and I say this to each other all the time if we feel sick - a feeble little pat on the hand and a "don't die and stuff." 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Azubah said:

She's more depressed than selfish.

Yep. Time for a visit to the therapist. 

I'm not surprised she coded. She looked really bad for most of the episode, even after losing weight. 

• Love 6

V: "Poor me! Poor me!"

DEG: <smacks her upside the head> It's not just you, bitch! Pull on some panties, and get yer ass in gear, if only for your husband!

• Love 2