Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: Queens Everywhere

• Start Topic

The queens must write and record a verse in a performance of RuPaul’s hit single "Queens Everywhere", and guest on RuPaul’s podcast with Michelle Visage. Choreographer Todrick Hall, style superstar Carson Kressley and Ross Mathews guest judge.

Airs May 16, 2019.

Those producers really thought that boyfriend vs. boyfriend would be an exciting lip sync.  About halfway through the episode, I was like why are they suddenly asking them about their relationship so much?  Then when Brooke got a bad critique for no reason, it all made sense.  

• Love 15
(edited)

I think the Lip Sync for my life was my favorite of the season. They both did a good job. I really liked Brooke Lynn Hytes' outfit and I don't always like her outfits. Everyone else's were too similar although I liked Yvie's third eye.  If you look at the top four outfits last season, I feel like Asia-Eureka-Kameron-Aquaria had more variation.

I saw tonight's elmination coming after Ru didn't give her the win last week. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Silky should NOT be top 4 no maim 

silky small.gif

Did Todrick choreography that?  They were mean to make these queens do this live.

Edited by Ruby Gillis
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, this is actually a result I can live with... I was ready to watch they keep saving both Vangie and Silky so at least, we got one out (neither should be here/make the finale anyway).

I actually liked this last episode, and I usually hate it because it became so boring when its only 4 queens remaining, we know they are all gonna be safe, no real lip sync, no critics etc so this top 5 to top 4 format actually worked.

Yvie nailed tonight/should be considered as a win. Her look was perfect, her dance performance? Out of this world! She has being fadding the last couple weeks, she brought her A game tonight, strong contender going into the finale.

Ake´ria recovered from the rehearsals and did a mostly good job. Not outstanding, such as her look, but solid all the way. Good to learn abou her story, I just dont see a real contender for the crown (she lacks a element of surprise). But she deserved to make it.

Brooke I get what the judges saw on her performance, she could have done better (not even about interpretation but on hit harder the moves). Would have liked her look more had she turned into a black swan..Not her best but still, well enough to make her move on/be safe. Sure producers didnt want to waste the chance to have her lip syncing with Vangie. At least, it gave her another moment to shine, on a lip sync not only with interesting moves, but some real emotion/interpretation. Another strong contender moving on!

Silky... at least shes showing to become aware of her issues (such as a drag queen and as a person). Tonight she was fine, she showed a human side of her. The runway was good, nothing surprising, but looked good. The dancing routine.. she got the least to work with, it was messy, should have landed her in the bottom. At least, she was giving her all, different of..

Miss Vangie.... We can´t not deslike her, I expected her to be supper annoying, was nice to see her softer/human side this season. Unfortunatelly, she isnt able to act yet, like, at all...  Her dance routine was pure deer in the headlights, lifeless. Same as her lip syncs.. She do some moves, she is trying, but there is no soul, she looks like a doll (the combination of her extra heavy make up and be unable to act its not a good combination when it gets down to sell emotion). Nice dress, but IMO, she was the overall worst this week, and yep, no more second chances.

So yeah, at least there is two very strong queens/very different from each other moving on. As long its between Ivye and Brooke, we will have a well deserved winner/a great lip sync for the crown. It could be a three hourses fighting for it if it was Nina instead of Silky at the finale tho.

Edited by DanielleC.
  • Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Ruby Gillis said:

silky small.gif

Did Todrick choreography that?  They were mean to make these queens do this live.

I’m sorry her flopping back like that just kills me with her tope crotch flying out. She has been so messy this whole season and has costed by. They really over estimated how silky would be received by the fans. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 17
(edited)

Crab walk aside Yvie's lip sync was terrible in that video. And her third eye would have had more impact if Ezra Miller hadn't had 9 eyes or whatever at The Met last week.

You know its bad when the judges are making excuses why the hell Silky is still around. "I know she's rough around the edges but....." shut up she is a mess, we have eyes show.

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 6
(edited)

It was time for Vanjie to leave BUT Silky’s flop with undergarments showing? Should’ve been enough to land her in the bottom. They have dinged people for much much less and the Silky edit is on. 

I enjoyed Yvie a lot and Akeria too. 

Edited by KillahBee007
Added a bit more about Silky.
  • Love 8

I think it'll come down to Yvie vs. Silky. This whole season is story, that's the last rivalry, it needs a real conclusion.  

I'd be OK with Silky if they'd ever once just said she was bad. It's always that she's got passion, or she's got something special. If they'd just critique, ever, I wouldn't be as annoyed. 

Brooke as a shady bitch didn't work, so it became Brooke has no passion. Lame.

• Love 10

This show keeps getting worse. And who is Michelle Visage to give advice? Did she look in the mirror before she went on set? Her face was a disaster! She had more makeup on than all the queens combined. 

I have a soft spot for Vanjie. Ok. But she deserved to go home several episodes ago. 

Silky's performance was sloppy, but so were her  attempts at  being nice. Her fake apology to Yvie was purely for the cameras, as was her convo with Ru, and Michelle.  She wants the crown so she's playing nice. 

Brooke looked great, and I disagreed with the judges on her performance. She really wowed me. 

Ake´ria slayed it. Also, her runway gown was absolutely stunning. I can't believe she made that. 

Yvie will probably win it all. 

Todrick is so effin' hot. 

• Love 8

I really don't think Ru will let Silky beyond the F4.  She has to know that Silky is not a popular character.  Plus, Drag Race has become a cash cow for Ru so I doubt she wants any controversial winners at this point.

I think we have a 50/50 shot of seeing an Yvie vs Brooke F2.  For the first round, if Yvie/Brooke/Akeira get selected, I bet they would pick Silky (after her poor showing).  If Silky is selected, I'm guessing she'll pick Akeira but I could be wrong.

Also, Akeira is a wild card in this.  She doesn't seem to move as well as Yvie and Brooke but maybe she has a couple tricks up her sleeves? (Hopefully not butterflies)

(edited)

Yvie's final look was gorgeous and surreal, her rap was great and the dancing was on top as well, I'm glad she was the first one in.  I thought Vanjie's green gown was nice, but pretty basic for 'best drag.'  Akeira's gown was beautiful, but pretty pageant for my tastes.  Brooklyn's look was gorgeous, and she really turned out the lipsync, even if she started out on pointe.  I guess I'm leaning more towards Yvie for the win now, with Scarlet Envy as miss congeniality.  But perhaps the producers would prefer a Brooklyn win with Vanjie as Miss Congeniality to play up the relationship.

Ross is so full of shit insisting on seeing Silty's sloppy finale performance; when they were reading Brooklyn undeservedly for a decent performance but praising her, I knew the fix was in.  Silty flubbed her take, falling on her ass, knocking into the backup dancers, giving a terrible performance and missing the words almost as much as Vanjie. She is going to fail hard in the lipsync finale, and I'm gonna fast forward through all of her segments.

Edited by Glade
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, zenithwit said:

I really don't think Ru will let Silky beyond the F4.  She has to know that Silky is not a popular character.  Plus, Drag Race has become a cash cow for Ru so I doubt she wants any controversial winners at this point.

I've been asking myself the same question for the whole season while she kept praising and saving Silky every single time. Does she really know Silky is NOT a popular character? Do Ru and the judges ever read an article about the show? I mean, they must, which makes the unfathomable reason why she was kept on for so long even more obscure. I did get the feeling, though, that when Ru said "I consult with the judges, but the final decision is mine" maybe it was because the other judges didn't wholeheartedly agree with her choice. Well, I hope that by making viewers vote with this hashtag thing they'll realize how wrong they were, although I'm pretty sure they'd never admit it, even if they show the results live at the reunion. 

The lipsync was so, so, so stupid and predictable. I can't help but think they kept Vanjie so long because they wanted to get to the point where the most important face-off of the season would be between her and Brooke Lynn. It was really sad to see her (and Scarlet, and Nina, and Shuga and so on) go when Silky is still here. 

Edited by stormy weather
not one but two verbs were missing!
  • Love 6

I was rolling my eyes when Silky was bitching about how Brooke Lynn gave herself Plastique last week because she was the easiest one to transform into her sister. As if Silky wants us to believe that if she had been the one assigning partners, she wouldn't have chosen whoever she thought would be the person who would help her win the challenge.

A'Keria is still a shit stirrer but she is amazing for taking on legal custody of her nephew. That is a huge responsibility and it's also a pretty big pain in the ass for someone who performs at night because that means getting a sitter EVERY time you have a gig.

Hee, I laughed when Todrick called Brooke Lynn a gangsta ballerina. She really did go into that recording session with guns blazing. I never would have guessed that she hadn't rapped before. She really attacked it.

I continue to enjoy how logical Yvie can be in evaluating what's going on. What she said to Michelle during the podcast just reinforced that. Her self awareness is great too. I laughed when she said she knew she looked like one of those inflatable car things in this dance.

When Brooke Lynn said that she was always afraid of looking stupid and that she's always trying to be perfect, that made a lot of sense to me because that's essentially the world of ballet. There is a right way to do things. Every position has to be done perfectly every single time whether you're in class or on stage. I think dancers end up internalizing a lot of that need to be perfect and unintentionally start applying it to all the other parts of their lives. Ha, I loved that Brooke Lynn knew her dancing was Julia Stiles in Save the Last Dance. Although cross training in different dance styles is a lot more common now, there are a lot of ballet dancers who just can't do hip hop because it's like the antithesis of ballet.

I was really afraid for Vanjie when she said that she was excited for a dance/rap challenge because that's usually the kiss of death. Luckily for her, we all know that A'Keria is terrible with choreography. Todrick was right though - even if you don't know the actual choreography, you just have to hit whatever moves you think you should be doing. If you dance with confidence, you can sell it, especially since they were each dancing with four backup dancers. The trick is being so confident that you convince the audience that you are doing a solo.

But just like the last dance challenge, A'Keria was a mess in rehearsal but she turned it out for the performance. I commend her for obviously practicing the night before. Her blue beaded runway gown was beautiful too. I didn't love her eye makeup, but that's personal preference. It wasn't badly done or anything. My issue with A'Keria is that even in a week like this when she did fine in the challenge and she looked pretty on the runway, she just isn't memorable. There's nothing about her that stands out in her performance or her runway. She's there and she isn't the absolute worst one (although I did think she deserved to be in the bottom a few times this season).

I felt bad for Brooke Lynn because she is like the opposite of Silky. Silky is sloppy and messy but she's aggressive so the judges continue to give her subpar performances a pass. Brooke Lynn had all the words memorized and all the choreography down, but was too polite and subdued so the judges interpret it as not passionate enough and having no edge.

Yviie was the winner for me tonight. She killed it in the video/performance. She really committed to the character and performed so well. Her runway look was fantastic too. It was a great combination of glamorous and weird.

Vanjie really did not lip sync very much in the music challenge and it was pretty noticeable. Her Scarlett O'Hara dress was fine but a little simple.

OF COURSE Ru chose Vanjie and Brooke Lynn for the bottom to force the two people who are dating to compete against each other for the final spot in the finale. I'm glad that both of them said that they were not going to throw the LSFYL for the other person. Between the two of them, I was more interested in seeing what Brooke Lynn could do in the finale. I give Vanjie credit for taking her elimination well and cracking everyone up on her way out. I think she is the kind of person who is hilarious in real life but it just doesn't translate to having great performances in the challenges.

I can't believe we have a final four that includes both A'Keria (forgettable) and Silky (a total mess). WTF? I am so glad that Yvie and Brooke Lynn are in the final four though. Hopefully the two of them will give us something interesting in the finale. I know exactly what Silky brings to the table. The judges love her, but she brings nothing new to the table.

I cracked up during the podcast segment because they clearly have a stage crew there to film yet Michelle got out her selfie stick instead of having a PA come over to take pictures.

• Love 9

Would someone please explain to me how the fan voting will work as far as choosing a winner?  Does it count for half the score and then the LSFYL counts for the other half?  Based on early fan voting, the fans have spoken! 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, stormy weather said:

I've been asking myself the same question for the whole season while she kept praising and saving Silky every single time. Does she really know Silky is NOT a popular character? Do Ru and the judges ever read an article about the show? I mean, they must, which makes the unfathomable reason why she was kept on for so long even more obscure. 

The season was filmed awhile ago and the judges don't see any of the backstage footage, so I can see how they would be charmed by Silky in small doses.  Fans were very excited about her Meet the Queens video and she was a favorite before the the show started.  The producers definitely should have known better. 

However, I think Ru wanted to crown Eureka last year and didn't once they saw she wasn't that popular with the fans, so I doubt Silky has any chance.  

20 minutes ago, laprin said:

Would someone please explain to me how the fan voting will work as far as choosing a winner?  Does it count for half the score and then the LSFYL counts for the other half?  Based on early fan voting, the fans have spoken! 

Fan voting has never counted in any way, shape, or form.  It's just been a way to increase social media engagement, which did actually seem to translate into better ratings and making the show more popular.  It's like being a judge on drag race.  You can make your opinion known, but the final decision is Rupaul's.  

Edited by Ruby Gillis
  • Love 5
(edited)

There was so much riggamorris happening last night... like the good basic white girl I am, I. JUST. COULDN'T. EVEN.... 

How the hell are they going to give you professionally done pads at this stage in the game, coincidentally right after reading some bish for her crappy padding?

How the hell are you not going to declare Evyie the clear winner of that challenge?

How the hell are you going to pull out the "Suprise, we wanted you to be messier, you perfect queen you." as a move to get Brooke to lipsync against her burgeoning love interest?

ugh.. i just cant. 
#teamYvie

Edited by TheLukeP
spelling, natch.
  • Love 16

Brooke is so Canadian, the judges read her to filth and the bitch apologized to 'em! I relate to that. I thought the obvious bottom two were AKeria and Vanjie but I guess we need to take Brooke down a notch. How rude.

I normally cannot stand Silky but she was okay in this episode. She is less insufferable when nobody is criticizing her, I guess.

• Love 8

I knew we'd have to say goodbye to sweet Vangie but it just sucks Silky is in the top 4 and not Vangie.

Vangie gets critiqued for being "disconnected" which honestly could have been said for Akeria as well. Brooke gets critiqued for being too perfect and lacking passion and Silky looks messy as hell but she was passionate so that gives her a pass.

GIRL WHET?! 

I guess the benefit is that Silky has had time to see herself on tv and realized she acted the fool and shes been rather self aware on social media in recent weeks. And I am glad that she admitted she created this over the top personality to make up for the fact she was insecure about her size and looks. 

• Love 2

You know the saying with singers "don't make the audience worry"? Where it's less about whether you miss the notes and more about if you're making the audience worry you're about to, it ruins the whole performance? Watching Silky in the challenge made me worry. She was more than sloppy. She just straight fucked it up. Her lipsync was off. Her movements didn't seem intentional or choreographed; it seemed haphazard. When she flopped on the floor I couldn't tell if she was supposed to or if she decided to because she thought it'd be funny and make up for the rest. (We've all seen her do the flop on the floor thing before for a laugh) Nothing about it was good. It pissed me off when the judges were like "well she failed at the actual challenge but she makes me laugh in general, so stay". But then with Brooke Lynn they're like "mm you did it technically perfectly but we felt like it missed edge, so, no". I did not understand what they mean about it missing "passion". She wasn't blankly doing the moves. It felt like a fully realized character. Hell, all of the other four felt like fully realized characters. But Silky was like "hahaha I'm shoving people and falling on the floor and my boobs are maybe about to fall out, yep, one did, messy imprecise movements" in a CHOREOGRAPHY challenge and they're like, yeah this is good, we like this. I agreed with them that Vanje was way better in rehearsal than in the real thing, but she did the actual challenge. Silky didn't. It felt fixed last week when she didn't lose with that terrible lipsync and it felt even more fixed this week that she didn't lose with another terrible lipsync.

• Love 19

All of a sudden we got "NICE" Silky...hmmm contrived tenfold! I do not buy for one second that the shady crap she spewed all season long was just an act and last night we saw the "real" Silky emerge.  

As soon as Brooke got a negative review, the writing was on the wall.  I always hate that they critique the final stuff on choreography and singing/rap stuff so heavily because not all of them have the same abilities/talent in such areas.  So, basically, Brooke got clocked for being TOO perfect and not edgy enough.  HUH?1?1?!? While Silky busted out of a bathroom stall, flailing her arms around then dropping to the floor, looking like a fish out of water (literally) flopping around.  Silky might not have the same dancing talent as Brooke but come on, she was just an absolute mess out there and they applaud her "passion" WTF!!!  Out of the 5, she clearly should have been in the bottom and her making it to the final 4 reeks of conspiracy! 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Ruby Gillis said:

Fan voting has never counted in any way, shape, or form.  It's just been a way to increase social media engagement, which did actually seem to translate into better ratings and making the show more popular.  It's like being a judge on drag race.  You can make your opinion known, but the final decision is Rupaul's.  

While the fan vote doesn't officially count for anything, I suspect that Ru considers it when making the decision. I think she'd be extremely reluctant to crown someone who did badly in the fan vote.

I also think the fan vote was very relevant in season 4, when it allegedly was introduced to convince Absolut (then the show's sponsor) that Sharon Needles really was the fans' favorite. The buzz was that Absolut was extremely reluctant to be represented by someone so edgy, and Ru had to convince them that Sharon was more popular than their initial choice, Chad Michaels.

It's interesting that Yvie is doing so much better than Brooke Lynn in the fan vote. I think part of the reason is that people are bitter that she was screwed out of a win in this challenge. It's completely ridiculous that she only has one (shared) win for this season. I would have given her four (the shared win in the acting challenge, the Trump Rusical challenge, the farm to runway challenge, and this one.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kylies-lips said:

I knew we'd have to say goodbye to sweet Vangie but it just sucks Silky is in the top 4 and not Vangie.

Vangie gets critiqued for being "disconnected" which honestly could have been said for Akeria as well. Brooke gets critiqued for being too perfect and lacking passion and Silky looks messy as hell but she was passionate so that gives her a pass.

GIRL WHET?! 

I guess the benefit is that Silky has had time to see herself on tv and realized she acted the fool and shes been rather self aware on social media in recent weeks. And I am glad that she admitted she created this over the top personality to make up for the fact she was insecure about her size and looks. 

Is this the story now? I won't believe it. I'm too far gone into my dislike of her, and too stuck in my my feeling that she was the designated winner from jump street and coached/propped accordingly. Plus, wasn't there a clip of her from last week at some show continuing to bash Soju while boasting about so many people talking about her? 

They may have helped Brook by giving her an obstacle to overcome. I don't know how she can show passion in a way they'll recognize, but it'll be interesting to see her try. 

I remain hopeful that Vanjie will link up with Nina for some kind of buddy cop or road trip movie. I feel like they'd be entertaining as hell together. 

• Love 5

Disappointed that Slovenly Silky is moving on to the finals.  Have her makeup skills always bee so horrible, or I am just noticing it?  On both her look from last week and this week, she has been caking on foundation on her lower face and jaw.  It looks like she just smeared the Anastasia stick foundation on that part without even considering blending.  I don't get her half-assed approach to this competition. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, theatremouse said:

You know the saying with singers "don't make the audience worry"? Where it's less about whether you miss the notes and more about if you're making the audience worry you're about to, it ruins the whole performance? Watching Silky in the challenge made me worry. She was more than sloppy. She just straight fucked it up. Her lipsync was off. Her movements didn't seem intentional or choreographed; it seemed haphazard. When she flopped on the floor I couldn't tell if she was supposed to or if she decided to because she thought it'd be funny and make up for the rest. (We've all seen her do the flop on the floor thing before for a laugh) Nothing about it was good. It pissed me off when the judges were like "well she failed at the actual challenge but she makes me laugh in general, so stay". But then with Brooke Lynn they're like "mm you did it technically perfectly but we felt like it missed edge, so, no". I did not understand what they mean about it missing "passion". She wasn't blankly doing the moves. It felt like a fully realized character. Hell, all of the other four felt like fully realized characters. But Silky was like "hahaha I'm shoving people and falling on the floor and my boobs are maybe about to fall out, yep, one did, messy imprecise movements" in a CHOREOGRAPHY challenge and they're like, yeah this is good, we like this. I agreed with them that Vanje was way better in rehearsal than in the real thing, but she did the actual challenge. Silky didn't. It felt fixed last week when she didn't lose with that terrible lipsync and it felt even more fixed this week that she didn't lose with another terrible lipsync.

1 hour ago, zengirl1215 said:

All of a sudden we got "NICE" Silky...hmmm contrived tenfold! I do not buy for one second that the shady crap she spewed all season long was just an act and last night we saw the "real" Silky emerge.  

As soon as Brooke got a negative review, the writing was on the wall.  I always hate that they critique the final stuff on choreography and singing/rap stuff so heavily because not all of them have the same abilities/talent in such areas.  So, basically, Brooke got clocked for being TOO perfect and not edgy enough.  HUH?1?1?!? While Silky busted out of a bathroom stall, flailing her arms around then dropping to the floor, looking like a fish out of water (literally) flopping around.  Silky might not have the same dancing talent as Brooke but come on, she was just an absolute mess out there and they applaud her "passion" WTF!!!  Out of the 5, she clearly should have been in the bottom and her making it to the final 4 reeks of conspiracy! 

ITA - Silky's performance in the music video was totally out of control. She was flinging her arms, dropping to the floor in a way that if I hadn't seen her do it before i would  think that she had hurt herself, etc. She looked like she was totally out of control and just flailing about and putting the dancers around her in danger of being taken out by a misplaced arm from Silky. It didn't look choreographed at all because she was so frantic and out of control. It reminded me of a little kid dancing in his living room and yelling, "Look at me!" It's great that you have energy and enthusiasm but it can't be that messy. To me, it's like a kid who is running around at basketball practice but can't dribble, shoot, or pass. It's great that you love it and you have the energy to keep running around BUT YOU ARE TERRIBLE AT THIS.

Meanwhile Brooke's choreography looked intentional and precise but somehow she got criticized for...fulfilling the requirements of a dance challenge (which is to learn choreography and perform it to music)? Okay, judges.

• Love 18

You guys. I can't. This whole season has been such a mess. Silky should not have won Snatch Game, Nina was robbed. Silky didn't do a character, she did Silky. Vanjie should have won the makeover challenge, though Brooke was a close second. Shuga didn't deserve to be bottom two, since while she was the worst of her group, she was still better than everyone in the other group. Silky is awful, and I wonder what Ru is going to do about controlling the edit for future seasons, because the editors know what's up and are making Ru (and the judges, but they are taking cues from Ru) look like  a real doofus for slobbering all over a sub-par performer like Silky. At least Vanjie has a genuine charisma. 

I'm trying to silver-lining this, so I think Yvie will win (outside chance of Brooke for the First International Winner!) I think Nina, Brooke (if she doesn't win) and Vanjie are locks for future All Stars (I mean, if Shangie can get three tries, Vanjie should too.) Vanjie can take acting lessons, it will be fine.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Ananayel said:

You guys. I can't. This whole season has been such a mess.

Agreed. It started off with a seemingly good cast but broke down quickly into Season 2 + 7 (Silky being the Tyra Sanchez while Vanjie is the season’s Pearl).

And Michelle really needs to step away from the scalpel for awhile...seeing her in the workroom without the filtered lighting was like watching a live Madame Tussaud’s statue speak.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, rlc said:

Just checked Twitter to see what the votes look like:

Team Yvie: 11.1 k

Team Brooke Lynn: 6,403

Team Akeria: 1,081

Team Silky: 320

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Do we think Ru and her Team look at things like this???

• Love 1
(edited)

I am verifiably oblivious and it just now dawned on me that the final five are four POC plus Brooke. Sorry for being so basic.

My respect for Ru has plummeted through the years due to the horrible producer riggory on the show, but I kind of feel for her on this. She's already been accused of pushing Silky through in order to finally have a big girl win, as well as choosing two winners last season in to avoid the negative optics of black vs white, yet here we are again. I'm starting to suspect some of Brooke's criticisms spring from not wanting the sole remaining white chick to win.

Edit: Todrick was really affable and fun this ep; it was nice.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, filmfan2480 said:

Do we think Ru and her Team look at things like this???

Don’t know if Ru is looking, but ya know that Silky is! ‘America loves meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee’.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, rlc said:

Just checked Twitter to see what the votes look like:

Team Yvie: 11.1 k

Team Brooke Lynn: 6,403

Team Akeria: 1,081

Team Silky: 320

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Update:

Team Yvie: 18 K

Team Brooke Lynn: 9.9 K

Team Akeria: 1.7 K

Team Silky: 472

It's funny 'cause it's true.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Where do you go to vote? All I saw were the #team hashtags, but to be honest I wasn't paying rapt attention at that point. 

#TeamYvie

On Twitter, there are posts on the Drag Race page for each queen.

(edited)

Having just seen the episode last night, I have to say, that dance number was the bomb.....except for Silkie. It’s like she’s a plant on a prank show saying she’s a drag queen, why is she still here???

A’keria and Yvie slayed that number, I want to learn A’keria’s dance steps. I thought it would have been funnier for Brooke, during the portion where she’s just talking, to sat things about Canada that we find humorous...”Free healthcare, poutine, being really polite...”

Vanjie was off but only slightly and nothing like Silkie, who nearly fell on her ass. Please, RuPaul, do not let this Silkie thing get to the final two. She does not deserve it, even in TV land!

Edited by cpcathy
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Mayberry said:

Speaking of, I saw this video the other day of Silky at a show. Haha, the guy next to the stage reacting to Silky is everything/everyone:

Seriously, people paid to see that??  It's beyond pathetic, and then her fans are still responding with "but she does turn it out sometimes!!!!!"  As if, even if that were true, it's somehow an excuse. 

• Love 1

If Ru wasn't in love with Silky, you know Michelle would be totally criticizing her each week. Silky is so bad, and Ru is so up her butt, that almost think Ru is being blackmailed by Silky.  Or maybe Silky is related to one of the producers. Silky's look and drag is sloppy as hell.

• Love 1

I don't understand how Silky got to skate by on 15 seconds, where maybe ten of those were of choreographed dancing, when, for instance, the camera was on Vanjie for 35 seconds and she did choreographed dancing the whole time. Silky is being held to completely different standards.

I've watched the video several times now and Yvie makes all the stuff she does look so effortless, it's really hypnotizing.

• Love 9
(edited)

Why is it that every big queen always says they are representing the big girls. I knew Silky would pull that out, I was waiting for it.  Are the plus queens so insecure they feel they need to have a crowd behind them? Because none of them are representing big queens, big people or anyone else; they are there for themselves. Can you imagine if Brooke Lynn said she was representing all Canadian queens? Or Vangie all people who got 2nd chances? Or Yvie all weirdos? Or Akeria all non memorable queens? And if all the plus queens/LGBTQ/big people were to vote for a leader, it wouldn't be a half-assed queen who makes "fat and sloppy" truly go together. 

Edited by LeoLady
Autocorrect
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Glade said:

Seriously, people paid to see that??  It's beyond pathetic, and then her fans are still responding with "but she does turn it out sometimes!!!!!"  As if, even if that were true, it's somehow an excuse. 

Imagine if fans said that about any other performer. Imagine paying to see the Joffrey Ballet, watching someone halfheartedly walk around the stage, and then have the person sitting next to you say, "But sometimes they're really good!"

Or imagine going to see Beyoncé and she just stands there looking bored and then leaves and then her stans tell you, "But sometimes her shows are awesome!"

The difference between a professional and an amateur is that a professional will ALWAYS turn it out. Shit happens all the time but professional performers are the ones who get out on stage and give you 100% so that you'd never know that they just had a fight with their best friend or their dog just died.

I had no intention of ever going to see Silky perform but that video convinced me that she does not deserve my time or money.

• Love 13