Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: Grilling Me Softly

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

You are confusing Sessa and Blizzard

Denise's wedding is local, Camille's is in Hawaii.  It's more of a time investment to make it to Camille's.  

Kyle might have been a fill-in for someone that dropped out 🤷‍♀️  

But then we wouldn't have had the hilarious hijinks at Von's.

1.) Teddi's husband's security company is what Kyle uses.  Not sure about Dorit.

2.) If anyone did a quick google search they probably wouldn't want to use Skyline, so not sure that bringing it to the forefront was a great idea since Teddi is already pretty unlikable this season.

I guarantee Erika and Tom have separate bedrooms. 

Given her livelihood hinges on how hot and sexually desirable she is, I don't think it is off base to think a lot of her self worth is probably tied up in being viewed as sexy.  Her chosen vocation is notorious for causing these types of issues and she's not just an actress, she's a sex symbol.   

Best part of the episode for me was Rinna, of all people, being the most loudly scandalized over Camille mentioning a strap-on.  I'm surprised no one has brought up her talking about pegging Harry Hamlin with one a few years back.

O.k. .. I’ll ask.  What the hell is a strap on?  We are” old school” and married a very, very long time.

40 minutes ago, ladle said:

Why is everyone so shiny this season?  Is this a new look?

They're covered in vaseline.  They like to feel it squish between their toes . . .

No, really, I'm guessing they're overdoing it on the highlighter.  Kyle and Teddi did an appearance on WWHL where they both had waaaay too much on and the tips of their noses were polished like doorknobs.

32 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

O.k. .. I’ll ask.  What the hell is a strap on?  We are” old school” and married a very, very long time.

It's a harness that one would wear in order to use a dildo on another person.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, langford peel said:

Just toenails and loose hair. Much better.

Oh and Teddi's sanctimonious bullshit. There were piles of that laying around.

That sounds like the old crone is falling apart as she withers. At least they can identify her by her fake teeth.

Please, Teddi hasn't been to the Stinking Rose Palace in ages. It's the John's stinking up the place by dining on Lisa's pink bullshit. She doesn't even have to force feed them,  they lap it up with gusto.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, smores said:

They're covered in vaseline.  They like to feel it squish between their toes . . .

No, really, I'm guessing they're overdoing it on the highlighter.  Kyle and Teddi did an appearance on WWHL where they both had waaaay too much on and the tips of their noses were polished like doorknobs.

It's a harness that one would wear in order to use a dildo on another person.  

O kaaaaaaay, lol.  Doesn’t sound too romantic, but ...

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, ladle said:

I've been noticing this on this and other RHW shows.  They are going overboard with the 'dewy' look and look just plain sweaty.  Except for Teddi who actually is sweaty from running 3 miles on camera.

• Love 5
On 5/8/2019 at 7:16 AM, TexasGal said:

Guess I am showing my age - we did it the gross way back in the day.  (Get off my lawn!)

We did it the gross way too when I was in college. But we always had a cup of water to dunk the ball in before we threw, so that somehow made it feel less gross. I'm in my 30s, so this "drink from your own cup" thing must be new or something. 

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, Jel said:

This thread is reading like a chapter out of Our Bodies, Ourselves

It's educational, it's a teensy bit political, it's modern and it's also a little bit head tilty.

😉

Rinna’s new “sexy” book: “Our Housewives, Ourselves”

9 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

1.) Teddi's husband's security company is what Kyle uses.  Not sure about Dorit.

Dorit did use Skyline, but then she a very nice lady dumped all her equipment off at a kill shelter when it didn’t work out.

Edited by ivygirl
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
On 5/9/2019 at 1:50 AM, smores said:

I also noticed that it looked like she was wearing a toupee when she had her hair pulled back in a ponytail while they were camping.  Then I definitely noticed that she was wearing a wig the next morning at the campsite.  It wasn't Kim Z bad as far as quality, but it was clearly noticeable because of the way it was almost like a black hood and it had a really Kim Z early years noticeable line about 2 inches back from her hairline.

On 5/9/2019 at 2:18 AM, AntAnn said:

I noticed Kyle’s hair too. IIRC, her hair has been mentioned a few times this season. My guess is that she’s experiencing some thinning and/or struggling with grey roots and experimenting with hair toppers (we used to call them “falls” in the old days) and wigs. I think most of the howives use halos or bonded extensions for length. While that gives you long hair it won’t do a thing for the thinning temple and crown areas. Erika wears a lot of fake hair, but it seems to work better for her. Maybe I just expect her to look fake. Maybe she has a better glam squad. *shrugs*

Age will do that to you, lol. 

Ok so Kyle’s hair definitely isn’t as thick as it used to be. But as somebody who has worn extensions (both clip in and bonded) and experimented with crowns for volume, I’m pretty sure Kyle isn’t wearing them now And I most definitely don’t think she’s wearing a wig!  It would be hard (not impossible but v. challenging) to wear her hair in a ponytail or those half up/half down styles if she was). 

20 hours ago, 918lux said:

Totally agree!  To be honest, I hate when women bad mouth their ex's in general...to me, it only makes them look stupid because they were willing to put up with that shit for however long.  They had a tough divorce, everyone knows it, but if she's happily moved on, then she needs to move one - not talk shit about 50% of the make up of her kids' DNA.

Is it ok when men badmouth their exes? Asking for a friend...

• Love 2

Am I the only one who think its totally and completely bizarre to bring a wig camping? I get that Kyle likes to look good for the camera. But this shit has just jumped the shark, I feel like trends are going to backpedal HARD and in ten years it's going to be all about "fashionably grey and frizzy hair."

• Love 6
14 hours ago, ladle said:

It could be from using facial serum (oil).  I think that's a relatively new step in facial cleansing.  I stopped using it twice a day and went to night time only because I thought it was making my face too shiny in the day.

24 minutes ago, BluBrd47 said:

Am I the only one who think its totally and completely bizarre to bring a wig camping? I get that Kyle likes to look good for the camera. But this shit has just jumped the shark, I feel like trends are going to backpedal HARD and in ten years it's going to be all about "fashionably grey and frizzy hair."

READY!  My hair is ahead of its time!

• LOL 11
  • Love 7

Another thing about all of Camille’s sex talk, I find it strange that she is talking so much about sex with her exes a couple of weeks from her wedding to a new dude. Super disrespectful, I see all her season one narcissism coming back full force.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Giselle said:

That sounds like the old crone is falling apart as she withers. At least they can identify her by her fake teeth.

Please, Teddi hasn't been to the Stinking Rose Palace in ages. It's the John's stinking up the place by dining on Lisa's pink bullshit. She doesn't even have to force feed them,  they lap it up with gusto.

Teddi was stinking up the campsite with her sanctimonious know it all opinions. Just the way she stinks up every scene. Of course when they sat down they had to talk about LVP and bring her down. Rinna enforced the discipline on them by reminding them that the master manipulator LVP is the cause of all their conflicts and missteps and not their inherent bitchiness.

Camille is smart enough to realize that none of these worthless bitches have enough self awareness that their situation or persona on the show is the direct result of their actions that we all can see and not the machinations of some puppet master. If LVP does not come to the reunion then Camille is the next one scheduled for the barrel  to be attacked and savaged by a pile on. So she is smart to pass on the reunion as well.

They will be left with scenes of toe nail clippings, grocery shopping and Dorit pretending she remembers her children’s names. That is gonna be some scintillating TV.

• LOL 9
  • Love 13
(edited)
13 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Rinna’s new “sexy” book: “Our Housewives, Ourselves”

Dorit did use Skyline, but then she a very nice lady dumped all her equipment off at a kill shelter when it didn’t work out.

Well then, I hope she read her contract because according to the reviews Skyline expects you to keep paying even after you die.

6 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

Grey has been in for a while, but only if you bleach your hair and then dye it grey.  No rest for the wicked (because we all know only witchy old crones have naturally grey hair).

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Well then, I hope she read her contract because according to the reviews Skyline expects you to keep paying even after you die.

real housewives of beverly hills GIF by Slice

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 5/8/2019 at 8:40 PM, Door County Cherry said:

It's a hand job. It's sex work.  It's illegal where sex work is illegal. 

The idea that they provide this service is something licensed therapists work against regularly which is why thry prefer massage therapist vs. masseuse or masseur.   

But I get the impression that Denise doesn't think it should be illegal.   I am curious why she felt this was something Aaron had to experience.  Especially if, as she claimed, he was mortified.  Like, why go through that unless it turned Denise on in some way?

And I forgot to mention side eyeing Erica's belief that her hubby must have slept with a hooker because he was 'a young man one.' Somehow, I'd be more likely to peg him as a current client vs. when he was younger.

I've read an article or two about how total relaxation is the point of a massage, therefore relaxing every part of you is part of the process.  It's not sexually motivated, even though it is, inherently, a sexual act.

It's become more sordid because uptight Westerners traveling to places like Thailand treat it as a cheap hand job and have made it a punch line and have made professional massage therapists into sex workers, rather than treating it as a part of the overall massage experience.

I like how nonplussed Denise was about the whole thing, it probably took place in a different culture, and not all cultures are like our own.

• Love 4
On 5/9/2019 at 1:07 PM, Gem 10 said:

Don’t be afraid.  Go to a reputable Massage chain like “Massage Envy” that are all over the country practically.  A lot of chiropractic offices have a therapist also or a spa.  You won’t regret it.  You come out feeling like jello, lol.  It’s wonderful, especially if you have back problems.  Worth the money.  My daughter doesn’t do family and I can understand, so I pay someone else.  Try it, you’ll love it.

Definitely. Take Gem's advice. You don't have to worry with actual massage therapists; they are not to be confused with sex workers. My therapist friend would be very dismayed at the comparison.

Actual therapists allow you whatever privacy you desire. If you want to leave your bra on, you can, and although it interferes with a backrub, no therapist will fight you. You are covered with blankets over any area not being directly worked on. They do not approach the private areas, although if you have sciatica and you are at a physician's therapist, they may need to massage your buttock on the affected side to release myofascial tension.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

It seems that Camille has a word of the day calendar, but doesn’t study what the words mean or how to use them in a sentence. 

I’m going to go insinuate myself in bed now. 

• LOL 12
17 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Ok so Kyle’s hair definitely isn’t as thick as it used to be. But as somebody who has worn extensions (both clip in and bonded) and experimented with crowns for volume, I’m pretty sure Kyle isn’t wearing them now And I most definitely don’t think she’s wearing a wig!  It would be hard (not impossible but v. challenging) to wear her hair in a ponytail or those half up/half down styles if she was). 

Is it ok when men badmouth their exes? Asking for a friend...

In the first instance (when she had the ponytail), it was a low ponytail at the back of her head and whatever she had on the top was teased and arranged so that it was angled backwards to the crown of her head.  It was sort of the same effect that you'd have if you had layers in your hair and were spraying them back off your face, but there was a definite "hat" like look to it that wasn't just, oh, those are the pieces of Kyle's hair that don't reach the ponytail.  It was clearly something sitting on top of her head that was the same color, but not actually part of her hair.

The next morning, she had her hair down, when she was sitting at the picnic table and Teddi came back from her run.  This time her hair basically looked like a curtain, but if you look at the top of her head, you can see the line an inch or so back from her hairline where the wig looks like a hood she's wearing.  I can't find a picture of her where it's visible, but it's about as obvious as Kim's wig in this one:

giphy.gif

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, langford peel said:

Teddi was stinking up the campsite with her sanctimonious know it all opinions. Just the way she stinks up every scene. Of course when they sat down they had to talk about LVP and bring her down. Rinna enforced the discipline on them by reminding them that the master manipulator LVP is the cause of all their conflicts and missteps and not their inherent bitchiness.

Camille is smart enough to realize that none of these worthless bitches have enough self awareness that their situation or persona on the show is the direct result of their actions that we all can see and not the machinations of some puppet master. If LVP does not come to the reunion then Camille is the next one scheduled for the barrel  to be attacked and savaged by a pile on. So she is smart to pass on the reunion as well.

They will be left with scenes of toe nail clippings, grocery shopping and Dorit pretending she remembers her children’s names. That is gonna be some scintillating TV.

An old lady surrounded by pink giving her dog a verbal bj?

Don't need to keep seeing that either.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Good Lord at all the hair drama and primping for the camera in the middle of the wood. For all the craziness of the OC Housewives at least when they went camping with Truck Driver with Tits camping that time when they all got hurt in the dune buggy, at least it looked and seemed like an actual glamping deal instead of a GLAM SQUAD amping. Even Fancy Pants Dubrow seemed to chill and enjoy the redneck vibes on that trip.

• Love 3
On 5/9/2019 at 5:14 PM, Kiki777 said:

I've been noticing this on this and other RHW shows.  They are going overboard with the 'dewy' look and look just plain sweaty.  Except for Teddi who actually is sweaty from running 3 miles on camera.

Super overdone. It's amazing how these women will take a trend and amplify it. 

I haven't chimed in much, but this has been an interesting season. I went from liking Teddi previously to finding her somewhat annoying this season. I went from really disliking Dorit to finding her less annoying this season. Rinna isn't annoying to me anymore and I also feel neutral about Erika. Not sure what to think of Camille, I didn't watch when she was on previously. I can take or leave Denise, don't really care. 

I don't recall feeling this way about LVP previously, but her black-and-white, all-or-nothing stance on friendship has her down several points. If she has a temper tantrum and leaves the show, I wouldn't miss her. Her crap is becoming boring--so much so I sometimes fast forward through her predictable scenes. 

• Love 8

I find it hilarious that some are still using a ten-second scene from last episode,  of Kyle clipping Mauricio's toenails, as the straw man for how this show cannot go on without The Queen Mother.  It's a straw-man, because it was a blink-and-you'll miss-it scene.  If this show was really going to the dogs because Our Lady of Drooping Cleavage is missing, there would be a much bigger smoking gun to point to.

What's also funny is that if Queen Mother had clipped Ken's toenails?  That would perhaps have been treated like the funniest, sweetest, most maternal, down-to-earth, and look how fabulous she is even when she's doing something so normal!  She clips toenails and she opens garden bars in Vegas!  This is the heart and soul of the franchise right here!  Kyle bet on the wrong horse and this is proof!! 

It just seems as if the Flavor Aid drinking has finally been turned on its head.  Lisa never felt like a vital part of this franchise to me.  She was rich, yes, but she never really played a central role.  She always seemed more like a friend of.  I never gave her much thought, but I remember even going back to the clips they released before this show even started, and they had LVP saying, "if you can't find it in Beverly Hills, it doesn't exist!"  And I was like, "Ok, who is this woman?  Why does she look fake like a mannequin, and why is she saying that things that can't be found in Beverly Hills don't exist?  That's not even what BH is known for!  It's known for wealth and luxury, not variety.  WTF?"  I was further vindicated when the show started and, apparently one thing that can't be found in Beverly Hills is real estate, as it appeared that the only two who lived in BH proper were LVP and Adrienne.

(That last particular part isn't a dig at Lisa, but a dig at the show, which I never think should have been named "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" in the first place.  If I'm not mistaken, Kyle lived in Brentwood, Taylor lived in Bel Air, Camille lived in freaking Malibu, and Kim lived...well no one really knows where Kim lived (I know she moved to Silver Lake in a later season, but she was not living in Beverly Hillls before that).  Very few of them have ever lived in BH over the last nine seasons, and I think it would have been much more honest and accurate to call it The Real Housewives of LA.  As if we wouldn't still watch!  

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I find it hilarious that some are still using a ten-second scene from last episode,  of Kyle clipping Mauricio's toenails, as the straw man for how this show cannot go on without The Queen Mother.  It's a straw-man, because it was a blink-and-you'll miss-it scene.  If this show was really going to the dogs because Our Lady of Drooping Cleavage is missing, there would be a much bigger smoking gun to point to.

What's also funny is that if Queen Mother had clipped Ken's toenails?  That would perhaps have been treated like the funniest, sweetest, most maternal, down-to-earth, and look how fabulous she is even when she's doing something so normal!  She clips toenails and she opens garden bars in Vegas!  This is the heart and soul of the franchise right here!  Kyle bet on the wrong horse and this is proof!! 

It just seems as if the Flavor Aid drinking has finally been turned on its head.  Lisa never felt like a vital part of this franchise to me.  She was rich, yes, but she never really played a central role.  She always seemed more like a friend of.  I never gave her much thought, but I remember even going back to the clips they released before this show even started, and they had LVP saying, "if you can't find it in Beverly Hills, it doesn't exist!"  And I was like, "Ok, who is this woman?  Why does she look fake like a mannequin, and why is she saying that things that can't be found in Beverly Hills don't exist?  That's not even what BH is known for!  It's known for wealth and luxury, not variety.  WTF?"  I was further vindicated when the show started and, apparently one thing that can't be found in Beverly Hills is real estate, as it appeared that the only two who lived in BH proper were LVP and Adrienne.

(That last particular part isn't a dig at Lisa, but a dig at the show, which I never think should have been named "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" in the first place.  If I'm not mistaken, Kyle lived in Brentwood, Taylor lived in Bel Air, Camille lived in freaking Malibu, and Kim lived...well no one really knows where Kim lived (I know she moved to Silver Lake in a later season, but she was not living in Beverly Hillls before that).  Very few of them have ever lived in BH over the last nine seasons, and I think it would have been much more honest and accurate to call it The Real Housewives of LA.  As if we wouldn't still watch!  

Lol, I think it's true that some people would feel differently about toenail clipping if Lisa were the clipper and Ken was the clippee. Like parents who think their misbehaving children are adorable when they misbehave there will always be those who base their evaluation of a situation on their feelings about the people in question. What are you going to do though? People! 

Not everyone does that though, many people (even Lisa fans!) are able to separate their personal feelings about someone from the facts at hand, or even when there is no real evidence but it's just based on reasonable likelihood.

I think the best example I have seen of the straw man fallacy is in arguments about Lisa's role in puppygate. They all tend to be along the lines of "Lisa fans are so taken with her that they can't see the truth". Using myself, an admitted Lisa fan, as an example, I'll admit that my love of Lisa will tend to make me want her to be innocent of something, but it doesn't make me abandon the reason and  judgment I spent many a classroom hour developing. I know I am not alone in that.

I believe Lisa didn't leak the story to RO, not because I think she's perfect and can do no wrong, but because despite Kyle and Teddi's theories, I don't think she had a motive to do it and I don't think it would have served her if she did.  The "of course Lisa fans think she didn't do it, they think she's perfect and can do no wrong" argument  is the straw man (as in the fallacy of logic known as the straw man argument) that I see.

I do not believe LIsa leaked the story to RO, but I've also said from the beginning that I wouldn't have cared one bit if she leaked the story anyway, as I do not hold the keeping of the HWs dirtiest little secrets as sacrosanct, like some of the HWs seem to do.  They can keep them or don't, but I'd ask that they please don't act like it's gasp, the worst thing that anyone could ever do is out a secret about a HW when they are getting paid in fame and big bucks to be on a reality show about their lives.  Just no.

• Love 17

^^^ 

I think we agree that people will see the same exact action from Ken and Lisa and judge it differently than an action between Kyle and Mauricio.  I am simply saying that the argument that Kyle clipping Mauricio's toenails is evidence that this show will fail without LVP is bogus (for reasons I've already stated).  I didn't say anything about LVP fans in general, as I don't have ill-feelings toward them.  I think that discussion of the toenail clipping in a subsequent episode is an ironic revelation as to how weak the particular argument is.  

(As far as the RO article, I don't think LVP planted it, but I don't think she is totally innocent about it, because she has been known to say things that aren't completely true, so I don't find her all that credible (telling Teddi that it made no sense that John Blizzard could have communicated something about Lisa's attitude about whether she wanted the dog thing to play out on TV, as Lisa doesn't communicate with John Blizzard, nor does she have his phone number, when it came out that Ken was on the phone with JB and they were discussing the matter of the dog while Lisa was present being an example that I fleshed out at length in an earlier episode's thread).  It's also disingenuous to swear that no one in your camp did something, when you have no way of speaking to that fact.  It's a completely different thing to say, "I swear on my kids' lives that I didn't plant the story, and it's my strongly held opinion that none of my people have either."  That is something I can believe, and is a totally different statement than the one she made, which makes me question her honesty and integrity overall).

But I was only speaking about the fact that it's a lame argument to advance--whether one loves, hates, or is agnostic toward Lisa VanderPump--that the show is going to collapse in on itself like a dying star because Kyle was filmed cutting Mauricio's toenails.  I wasn't speaking about the general credibility of Lisa, or whether people have used straw men against her before.  I agree that Lisa doesn't have a direct benefit that we can discern for leaking the story, but people like John Sessa were angry enough to want to get it out there, so, while I do think it could have been Teddi, or a dozen of other people, it is also likely that someone from VDP did it.  I don't think enough attention has been paid to that fact in the past.

Damn, I'm back to talking about the dog!  I was so happy to move on from the dog, lol!  Pretty much everyone acted poorly, some more than others, but I think enough is enough with that topic.  We need to move on.  JMO, but continuing with the dog storyline would have made the show sink faster than any pedicure done on a man (would that make it a man-icure?)  

• Love 3

I, too, am an LVP fan. I began watching this season with as much of an open mind and objective viewpoint as I could. A couple of things stuck out to me:

After LVP told Teddi and Kyle she didn't want to talk about it, and after she met with Dorit and PK (in his finest t-shirt) and agreed there was no ill intent, yada, yada, yada,... Kyle and Teddi were the ones that kept it alive and twisted into being another LVP manipulation.

The "proof" of the manipulation was an incomplete set of texts where the response shown was in reaction to a text not shown, instead of the one preceding it, which we were supposed to be led to believe. aka: Teddi lied about her proof

In a more complete series of texts from that conversation, it seems that whichever John is texting with Teddi says he isn't sure if LVP knows about their initial plot to recognize Lucy at LVPD; so there really is no proof that LVP initiated or knew about The Plan.

LVP and LVPD had nothing to gain by this story getting out. If anything, it would make them look bad.  So, as much as I don't like Dorit, I don't understand what her motivation would be.

If I missed, or am being blind to something, please let me know. I'm trying to see both sides of this.

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

^^^ 

I think we agree that people will see the same exact action from Ken and Lisa and judge it differently than an action between Kyle and Mauricio.  I am simply saying that the argument that Kyle clipping Mauricio's toenails is evidence that this show will fail without LVP is bogus (for reasons I've already stated).  I didn't say anything about LVP fans in general, as I don't have ill-feelings toward them.  I think that discussion of the toenail clipping in a subsequent episode is an ironic revelation as to how weak the particular argument is.  

(As far as the RO article, I don't think LVP planted it, but I don't think she is totally innocent about it, because she has been known to say things that aren't completely true, so I don't find her all that credible (telling Teddi that it made no sense that John Blizzard could have communicated something about Lisa's attitude about whether she wanted the dog thing to play out on TV, as Lisa doesn't communicate with John Blizzard, nor does she have his phone number, when it came out that Ken was on the phone with JB and they were discussing the matter of the dog while Lisa was present being an example that I fleshed out at length in an earlier episode's thread).  It's also disingenuous to swear that no one in your camp did something, when you have no way of speaking to that fact.  It's a completely different thing to say, "I swear on my kids' lives that I didn't plant the story, and it's my strongly held opinion that none of my people have either."  That is something I can believe, and is a totally different statement than the one she made, which makes me question her honesty and integrity overall).

But I was only speaking about the fact that it's a lame argument to advance--whether one loves, hates, or is agnostic toward Lisa VanderPump--that the show is going to collapse in on itself like a dying star because Kyle was filmed cutting Mauricio's toenails.  I wasn't speaking about the general credibility of Lisa, or whether people have used straw men against her before.  I agree that Lisa doesn't have a direct benefit that we can discern for leaking the story, but people like John Sessa were angry enough to want to get it out there, so, while I do think it could have been Teddi, or a dozen of other people, it is also likely that someone from VDP did it.  I don't think enough attention has been paid to that fact in the past.

Damn, I'm back to talking about the dog!  I was so happy to move on from the dog, lol!  Pretty much everyone acted poorly, some more than others, but I think enough is enough with that topic.  We need to move on.  JMO, but continuing with the dog storyline would have made the show sink faster than any pedicure done on a man (would that make it a man-icure?)  

Lol, yes, back to the dog, but in fairness, I started it. So I'll give myself a hard pinch for that 😉 And I know you were not talking about Lisa fans, it was me who got on a roll about that. All good 🙂

I can't personally get past Doggygate because it's become a mystery to me now, and I'm a very curious person. But I do hear you and I'll say nothing about the dog in this post from me to you, LS...promise.

The idea that the show will fail without Lisa is I think more a reflection of people-think-like-I-do syndrome than anything else. I think it'll fail too without Lisa because for me, it would. I need a HW to like, or at least not actively dislike. I just don't like any of them now after this season.

No one ever comes of 100% credible to me, not Lisa, and certainly not Teddi or other admitted liars like Rinna.  Non verbal stuff says a lot, and in the non verbal cues department, this season, the win goes to Lisa (for me). 

Even though I think the criticism of "toenail cutting scenes" is a metaphor for the assumed future tedium of the show without Lisa V, I hope we're all good now for toenail clipping scenes, right? Like, please, no more of those from anyone...definitely not from Lisa and Ken.

• Love 15

GAH! If only Dorit would ADMIT she got rid of the dog (one way or the other); this SHIT would be over!  It's when she claims VICTIM status that we all get mooshy. Admit it, Dorit.  Quit with the victim status.  You are NOT a VICTIM! The end, Amen.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I, too, am an LVP fan. I began watching this season with as much of an open mind and objective viewpoint as I could. A couple of things stuck out to me:

After LVP told Teddi and Kyle she didn't want to talk about it, and after she met with Dorit and PK (in his finest t-shirt) and agreed there was no ill intent, yada, yada, yada,... Kyle and Teddi were the ones that kept it alive and twisted into being another LVP manipulation.

The "proof" of the manipulation was an incomplete set of texts where the response shown was in reaction to a text not shown, instead of the one preceding it, which we were supposed to be led to believe. aka: Teddi lied about her proof

In a more complete series of texts from that conversation, it seems that whichever John is texting with Teddi says he isn't sure if LVP knows about their initial plot to recognize Lucy at LVPD; so there really is no proof that LVP initiated or knew about The Plan.

LVP and LVPD had nothing to gain by this story getting out. If anything, it would make them look bad.  So, as much as I don't like Dorit, I don't understand what her motivation would be.

If I missed, or am being blind to something, please let me know. I'm trying to see both sides of this.

I'll take one more sally at this, because I'm not everyone's ever going to agree completely, and that is totally fine.  I don't disagree with everything you're saying.  I just feel like it was asked earnestly and sincerely whether there was something more.  I'm not saying you're blind to anything if you don't share my opinion, but I will offer my opinion on the matter before bidding it adieu.  I just have two points to make:

1.) As far as no one from Lisa VanderPump Dogs having anything to gain from putting out the RadarOnline story, you and I can agree objectively that that is true.  But what's also true is that the Johns, especially John Sessa, were champing at the bit to get the story out there.  So whether it would have been good or bad for John Sessa, John Blizzard or anyone at VanderPump Dogs, they may have leaked the story, because it would have been consistent with their expressed, uncontroverted desire for Dorit to be exposed, so to speak.

2.) Lisa has demonstrated herself to be, IMO, someone who isn't a particular crusader for the truth.  I am not commenting on the substance of the texts between Teddi and John Blizzard.  I didn't take the time to read them all.  I am saying that, when Teddi told Lisa that John Blizzard texted Teddi that it was Lisa's desire to put the dog issue front and center, Lisa responded to Teddi by saying a.) she doesn't know John Blizzard personally and b.) she doesn't speak to him on the phone, and she doesn't have his phone number.

Then it came out in either an interview or an article, from Sessa, I think, but definitely someone from Lisa's camp, that, when the dog thing was going down, when John Sessa rushed over to Lisa's house, Ken was on the phone with Blizzard, talking or arguing with him about the dog, and Lisa was there.  No one disputes this.  It came from Lisa's camp, so they're definitely not disputing it.

I think it is disingenous for Lisa to basically say "Teddi, it couldn't have been me talking to John Blizzard, because I don't know him outside of work or talk to him on the phone," when her spouse, who is in the same business, who was in the same place, was speaking to John Blizzard on the phone about the same subject matter that Lisa and Teddi were discussing.

I'm not saying she's lying.  If Lisa literally didn't have the phone in her hand, she wasn't on the phone with John Blizzard.  I'm saying she was leaving out a very pertinent detail, and that's dishonest.  

Like I said, I went back and forth about this with another poster once before, and apparently I didn't make it clear the first time the order of events, so I just want to frame what I am saying crystal clear.

1.). The dog was found at a shelter, everyone flipped out, John Sessa went to Lisa's home when Lisa was present and Ken was on the phone with John Blizzard.  Everyone was talking about the dog.

2.). Teddi says to Lisa, "Lisa, John Blizzard told me you wanted me to be a part of exposing the dog issue."  Lisa responds, "darling, that is impossible.  I don't know John Blizzard outside of work, I don't talk to him about these things, and I don't have his phone number."

That's some double-talking disingenous shit to me.  It has not been proven to be an outright lie.  It's just not completely truthful.  If Lisa was going to entertain this line of inquiry at all, and Teddi was her friend at the time, I think it would have been decent to say, "Teddi, I never said that to John Blizzard.  Ken talks to him outside of work, and I can't vouch 100% for what Ken may have said, but please know that I have never said, nor intimated, to John Blizzard that I wanted you to expose anything about anyone."  That would have been a completely truthful and transparent statement that would have fostered and furthered communication.  Lisa said something completely different.  And I think similarly to Judge Judy:  once you have lied to me once (or strechted the truth to within an inch of its life), everything else you say is cast in doubt.

This isn't to take away from the fact that everyone else lied, exaggerated, cheated, stole, dumped dogs, made accusations, kidnapped the Lindbergh baby--I'm not arguing any of that isn't true.  I'm just making the case about LVP's tendency for dishonesty as I see it.

BTW, I'm not saying any other poster is wrong if they have a different opinion.  I'm just saying that I think it's very possible that LVP's camp gave the ROL story, and that Lisa is not being honest in this scenario, and I have extrapolated those ideas from facts.

@Jel, I just saw your post, and I totally get it.  Now I'm the one talking about the dog.  This one's on me!  I totally understand what you are saying that the show will personally be ruined or go downhill for you without LVP.  I have felt that way about other Housewives on other franchises too.  And I can see what you're saying about the toenails being a metaphor lol.  Like, great, now we have Mauricio's toenails!

I guess it's good to be able to discuss this show without biting each other's heads off.  

And, of course, for the cheap seats, Dorit should have admitted her part.  As has been mentioned previously, she allows George O'Dowd (I refuse to call him Boy George anymore) to live in her home with her children when he was convicted of kidnapping and holding a man in chains against his will four years ago.  Le sigh. 

• Love 7

Apparently Denise Richards wants Brandi back on the series.   I think next season it will be Denise, Brandi, Dorit, Kyle, Teddi and Rinna.

I don't think Erika will be back 'cos she's got a spin off and I don't think LVP will be back or Camille.

• Useful 1

Wow Erika got a spin off? Crazy.

Meanwhile - gray is the new in for women of my age - the over 50 crowd. Many of my friends are just going gray and it looks jarring at first bc we are all conditioned to dyed hair, but frankly with stylish haircuts, you get used to it, and it looks good.

LVP always had a lapdog - the Johns aren't something new. She started the show with Cedric. She took a few years off a relied solely on Ken, but she had those fools on VPR to boss around and play with.

Even Kyle had her "Ladysitter" - I think his name is Justin and he may still be around. Remember her party - was it a top and bottom party? 

Kyle must be freaking out about her hair. It was always her signature thing. It's probably menopause.

I think they need to pretty much clean house with this crew. Keep Kyle, LVP and Camille. And bring in their friends. Get rid of the thirsty crew. Those three are really wealthy. They run in better circles that overlap. Rinna's enough at this point. Erika isn't connected, Teddi's not connected and none of them really know Denise. The original three have history. If LVP is done with them, then move on. But I don't want inorganic drama which these women bring. Rinna causes a lot of it.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/10/2019 at 5:59 AM, Duke2801 said:

Agree - Kyle isn't wearing a wig or a topper.

I do believe Kyle's hair may be thinning but she still has beautiful natural hair. I think there is a spot on her scalp that is thinning and Kyle is so insecure and fussy that she obsesses over that spot. When she has her hair person - they fluff it, tease it, part her hair different. When Kyle is on her own - she uses topik and then takes a hunk of her own hair close by and bobby pins it over the spot (like Kyle's version of a comb over) I think Kyle makes it worse in her mind than it actually is

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

15 hours ago, Jel said:

Lol, yes, back to the dog, but in fairness, I started it. So I'll give myself a hard pinch for that 😉 And I know you were not talking about Lisa fans, it was me who got on a roll about that. All good 🙂

I can't personally get past Doggygate because it's become a mystery to me now, and I'm a very curious person. But I do hear you and I'll say nothing about the dog in this post from me to you, LS...promise.

giphy.gif

• LOL 6
17 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I am not an LVP fan, and I agree with what you say.  IMO the problem is that Lisa is reaping what she has sown, and years of (and her habit of) shady behavior are the reason this is happening this year.  If she really didn't want it mentioned on camera, she could have been more decisive about that when Teddi and the John brought it up.  If Kenny didn't want her talking about it in deference to their friendship, then after it came out she could have said something like, "I was really pissed, but we have discussed it and handled it with them and I'm not talking about it anymore."  Instead she mumbles and looks away from Teddi and John, and gives Kyle the "Why would I be upset with Dorit?" bit.  And then prevaricates with Teddi, as @LibertarianSlut detailed above.  It doesn't make her look innocent, even if she is.  And IMO she probably expected them all to be outraged about Dorit (like people here) so that she could be Lady Bountiful who wasn't upset, not a bit, whilst making little "joking" digs at Dorit that meant nothing, dahling, nothing at all, quit being a baby and get a sense of humor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, TVFANNO1 said:

Apparently Denise Richards wants Brandi back on the series.   I think next season it will be Denise, Brandi, Dorit, Kyle, Teddi and Rinna.

I don't think Erika will be back 'cos she's got a spin off and I don't think LVP will be back or Camille.

Bleh. All that sounds WORSE than toenail clipping.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, TVFANNO1 said:

I know many people can't stand her, but I'd love to see Brandi back. I certainly will not miss LVP or Camille. I've heard that some think the show will fail without LVP, but I disagree with that thought. Everyone is replaceable and she has become boring.

I actually LIKE seeing the women getting along (or at least patching up their differences) versus carrying on long-standing grudges. I get that this show is about drama, but there's gotta be a balance. 

Erika has  spin-off? Wow. 

• Love 2

Is it confirmed that Erika has a spin off? I know she said in the press that she'd like to have one, and she was "putting it out to the universe". I don't know if she has one and she's being coy here, or if she's in talks, or if she's really just throwing it out there to see if there is interest.

I'm not at all surprised she'd like to have her own show though. Not even a little bit surprised about that.

• Love 7
On 5/9/2019 at 8:11 PM, Pattycake2 said:

These women are ridiculous.  The cast of Rhony are all absurd and their absurdities  make me laugh, but this crew is not only ridiculous, but think of themselves as totally precious and superior.  And Rinna speaking about promoting positive body image to her daughters? She pushed them into modeling! A profession that not only requires zero body fat, but is built on rejection.  Her teenage daughters were being constantly judged on their looks and bodies.  No wonder one came home from nyc.  She probably wasn’t getting jobs.  And the other becoming anorexic?  This lies squarely on Rinna’s shoulders.  She is a massive hypocrite.

IMO, N.Y. are more down to earth and don’t care if they make fools out of themselves.  

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Agree - Kyle isn't wearing a wig or a topper.

I do believe Kyle's hair may be thinning but she still has beautiful natural hair. I think there is a spot on her scalp that is thinning and Kyle is so insecure and fussy that she obsesses over that spot. When she has her hair person - they fluff it, tease it, part her hair different. When Kyle is on her own - she uses topik and then takes a hunk of her own hair close by and bobby pins it over the spot (like Kyle's version of a comb over) I think Kyle makes it worse in her mind than it actually is

Kyle and Kim were blessed with amazing hair genes. Even if Kyle's hair isn't as long as it was before, it is still beautiful, shiny hair. I'm glad that she's sporting shorter, healthy hair rather than longer, unhealthy hair. She's beautiful either way imo. 

2 hours ago, princelina said:

I am not an LVP fan, and I agree with what you say.  IMO the problem is that Lisa is reaping what she has sown, and years of (and her habit of) shady behavior are the reason this is happening this year.  If she really didn't want it mentioned on camera, she could have been more decisive about that when Teddi and the John brought it up.  If Kenny didn't want her talking about it in deference to their friendship, then after it came out she could have said something like, "I was really pissed, but we have discussed it and handled it with them and I'm not talking about it anymore."  Instead she mumbles and looks away from Teddi and John, and gives Kyle the "Why would I be upset with Dorit?" bit.  And then prevaricates with Teddi, as @LibertarianSlut detailed above.  It doesn't make her look innocent, even if she is.  And IMO she probably expected them all to be outraged about Dorit (like people here) so that she could be Lady Bountiful who wasn't upset, not a bit, whilst making little "joking" digs at Dorit that meant nothing, dahling, nothing at all, quit being a baby and get a sense of humor.

There are instances I remember of Lisa wanting sensitive stuff addressed on the show, and I wasn't sure what to think regarding the Vanderpump Dogs shooting with Teddi & Kyle. I like most of the women and see where they're coming from. I also wish Lisa would be more direct when she's upset rather than make the digs. Honestly, those digs can be more embarrassing than her just saying, "yes I'm upset with you!" I'm by no means a Lisa fan who thinks she does no wrong and every single problem is due to the jealousy of the other women. 

As much as I agree with your post though, I started to really feel for Lisa when they all insisted she got the story out. There's no proof she did anything at all. She was going through what may be the most difficult time ever in her life, and one of her best friends came to her house and insisted she was lying on the eve of her birthday. I get that Lisa can be insensitive at times, but I don't think she has it in her to make a friend cry. She's never bullied anybody. All the women could have been more kind and gentle with her this season imo, with the exception of Denise, who's tried to be nice to everyone and not take sides.

Lisa can be a shit stirrer, but she is so charming and does so much good-rescuing dogs, feeding the homeless, activism for the LGBT community, that a lot of us like her anyway. I also think she genuinely loved Kyle. She bought a new Chanel bag for her when she got robbed. I think what she needed from Kyle this last year was some sisterly type of support and love. Imo because Lisa has been blessed with so much, it's hard for some people to see her as a human who's fragile and hurting. I think if she weren't so successful, so rich, so intelligent, so beautiful, so adored by family and fans, that her work friends may be more likely to feel for her. I'm not saying ALL the problems this season are due to jealousy, but I do think when someone is jealous of you, it's hard for them to care about your pain and tears. Unlike some other housewives, Lisa isn't one to cry every other episode. If it were my friend who's typically a very strong woman, been accused of not opening up and having the stiff upper lip, and suddenly she's vulnerable, tearing up, and saying how rough it's been, I'd know she's really needing some support. It was the worst time for all of them to go against her. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, jinjer said:

Wow Erika got a spin off? Crazy.

Meanwhile - gray is the new in for women of my age - the over 50 crowd. Many of my friends are just going gray and it looks jarring at first bc we are all conditioned to dyed hair, but frankly with stylish haircuts, you get used to it, and it looks good

I see so many gorgeous women out and about with naturally grey or greying hair.  I've just started getting a few and I plan to rock the grey- they're a shiny silver and add cool dimension to my dark hair.

Erika gettin a spinoff - yuck.  I can't see it working long term - under the glam and outfits and paid psycophants, she is just a boring person with no personality.  And she knows it, hence all the glittery smoke and mirrors.

Not quite a spinoff but LVP and Pandora will be on celebrity MasterChef, Wednesday night on Fox.  At least that sound interesting.

• Love 4
(edited)

I had to force myself to watch this episode in its entirety and erased it from my DVR as soon as it was over.  These women are pathetic. If I wasn't curious to see how the LVP situation is resolved, I would give up on this show now.   I'll probably suffer through the rest of the season but if LVP isn't back next season and if Brandi is brought back, I am done.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
(edited)

I thought Denise would be a welcome addition to the cast.   I was wrong.

I was also glad to see Camille II back but that didn't last.   She turned back into Camille I and I'm not liking her again.   

Last season I liked Teddi but not anymore.

I never liked Ericka, Dorit or LisaR and I've always disliked Kyle. 

Bottomline, without LVP I have no reason to watch this shit show.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 9
(edited)
20 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I had to force myself to watch this episode in its entirety and erased it from my DVR as soon as it was over.  These women are pathetic. If I wasn't curious to see how the LVP situation is resolved, I would give up on this show now.   I'll probably suffer through the rest of the season but if LVP isn't back next season and if Brandi is brought back, I am done.   

Agreed on this. Brandi ruins this franchise for me in the way that no other one HW ruins a franchise. I don’t care for Bethenny (maybe understatement) but I “get” what she adds to RHONY (and understand why people—including you—could like having her on). I don’t care for Nene but she’s not 100% the reason I don’t watch Atlanta. And Vicki and Tamra both make me want to throw things at the TV, yet I keep watching OC. ETA: I have no interest in watching crooks; however, Teresa isn’t the only reason I sit out RHONJ.

But Brandi? If she’s back, I’m out. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 11
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Agreed on this. Brandi ruins this franchise for me in the way that no other one HW ruins a franchise. I don’t care for Bethenny (maybe understatement) but I “get” what she adds to RHONY (and understand why people—including you—could like having her on). I don’t care for Nene but she’s not 100% the reason I don’t watch Atlanta. And Vicki and Tamra both make me want to throw things at the TV, yet I keep watching OC. 

But Brandi? If she’s back, I’m out. 

I'm delighted to find myself in agreement with a Non-Team Bethenny member LOL.   I stopped watching Atlanta years ago.  I couldn't handle NeNe and Kim.   I stopped watching NJ on principle because of the felon and I agree with you about the OC.   NY is the only franchise I still enjoy.  I never watched Dallas or Potomoc but I did enjoy the DC show for the minute it was on.  I'm not sure how much life the entire franchise has left.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I'm delighted to find myself in agreement with a Non-Team Bethenny member LOL.   I stopped watching Atlanta years ago.  I couldn't handle NeNe and Kim.   I stopped watching NJ on principle because of the felon and I agree with you about the OC.   NY is the only franchise I still enjoy.  I never watched Dallas or Potomoc but I did enjoy the DC show for the minute it was on.  I'm not sure how much life the entire franchise has left.  

We are in violent agreement 😉 I tried again with Atlanta when Kim Fields was on (big Facts of Life fan!) but even she couldn’t bring me around. (Not sure if you saw my “ETA” about RHONJ but samesies there, too).

I don’t mind little kerfuffles, but I don’t enjoy watching tear downs. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, jinjer said:

Meanwhile - gray is the new in for women of my age - the over 50 crowd. Many of my friends are just going gray and it looks jarring at first bc we are all conditioned to dyed hair, but frankly with stylish haircuts, you get used to it, and it looks good.

I would totally go gray if I could do it nicely.  Some people are able to go gray in a gorgeous way, like Jamie Lee Curtis or Helen Mirren, but I'm not one of them.  I really wish I was!

• Love 3