Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: Grilling Me Softly

• Start Topic

I TOTALLY thought it was weird that Camille asked Kyle to be a bridesmaid @KungFuBunny!! Camille has lived in Los Angeles since the 90’s and when she and Kyle meet they definitely appear friendly but not so tight you would think it’s a wedding party level bond. I own it.... I wanted to know what happened to DiDi- another thirsty gal- so I checked out her Insta. A commenter asked if DiDi and Camille were still in touch and DiDi said no and that she “regretted having poor judgement about friends in the past” (paraphrased.) I don’t think I could trust Camille either with her dead eyes. So to get back to topic has she alienated all of her friends besides Kyle? Or did she ask one of Andy’s favorites to be in her wedding to ensure more camera time?

• Love 10
15 hours ago, parrotlover said:

This show is so boring without LVP who I have read is not going to be seen much in the remaining episodes. What a shitty season. Only thing to look forward to is Kim Richards getting into it with Rinna and the hope that they all start turning on each other soon.

No worrries,  it's bound to happen, they need something to chew on,  they are boring as hell and they will turn on each other because LVP is not there for them to mistreat and ignore. 

• Love 14
14 hours ago, princelina said:

I thought she said it was a guy in New York?

I did not miss VDP at all, and thought the camping trip looked like fun.  PK's apology text looked okay, Kyle seemed fine with it, and Teddi and Rinna need to quit trying to make it a thing.

I guess there must really be a VDP dog spinoff coming - previews show LVP doing the kitchen reveal tone of those Johns.  I never even heard of them before this season and now they're everywhere - but I don't need to know them because I won't be watching that one.

About the strap-on, she said it was with her "ex".

I'm ready for VDP to leave and do another spinoff that I won't have to watch.  I never got into VanderPump Rules and wouldn't be interested in her doggie show either. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, izabella said:

OMG, that made me want to retch!  They were trying so, so hard there to seem like they were having fun and were a happy group when just below the surface, they are all suspicious of each other and ready to stab each other in the back or "here's my face!"

absolutely...

• Love 7

Wow. Dorit had some mad beer pong skills. Was that her major in school? I bet there was water in the pong solo cups and wine or liquor in their personal cups though. 

Who brings plastic utensils to grill and campfire cook with? 

Did they ever make s’mores or did they just no show it because the women would have looked messy (ha...I would have loved to see them with melted chocolate etc on their faces). 

• Love 4

I liked when said Erika said something like if the asshole doesn't want to be here, I'll deal with what's here right now. I hated Erika last season, now I'm liking her. Teddi, not so much. Damn editors!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Which in theory could be that douchy ex-boyfriend of hers that beat her. He's the one that she got all fired up about when she was yelling about being accused of things she didn't do. I think she says "ex" purposely so she can't be accused of defamation herself. Again. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

Say what you will about how Kelsey Grammar behaved before/during/after their divorce, I can only imagine the nightmare that Mrs. Camille Grammar was to everyone around her including her husband. So I give him a big fat fucking PASS for that shit. She is a horrible person with no redeeming qualities. She lies on the regular, says heinous shit on camera (real or made up, insinuating that she wore a strap on with Kelsey was beyond, her children will see this shit FFS), is obnoxious to the extreme, has no understanding of her surroundings and doesn't care to, and contributes nothing of value to society. Wait! That goes for all these bitch ho's, doesn't it?!?

2 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I think she says "ex" purposely so she can't be accused of defamation herself. Again. 

I disagree, I think she knew exactly what she was insinuating and knew that the larger audience out there would assume it was Kelsey. She's calculating even though we can see the hamster wheel in her pea brain.

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
(edited)
13 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Say what you will about how Kelsey Grammar behaved before/during/after their divorce, I can only imagine the nightmare that Mrs. Camille Grammar was to everyone around her including her husband. So I give him a big fat fucking PASS for that shit. She is a horrible person with no redeeming qualities. She lies on the regular, says heinous shit on camera (real or made up, insinuating that she wore a strap on with Kelsey was beyond, her children will see this shit FFS), is obnoxious to the extreme, has no understanding of her surroundings and doesn't care to, and contributes nothing of value to society. Wait! That goes for all these bitch ho's, doesn't it?!?

I disagree, I think she knew exactly what she was insinuating and knew that the larger audience out there would assume it was Kelsey. She's calculating even though we can see the hamster wheel in her pea brain.

I hate how she talks about Kelsey. Cheating isn’t cool, but neither is humiliating the father of your children like that. Even if there were no kids involved, those classless cheap shots are gross. When she was being mean about LVP she was drunk, but she’ll say anything about Kelsey even when she’s sober. I didn’t like it when she made ugly comments about him years ago, but I cut her slack because the pain was fresh. This many years later, enough is enough.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 16
13 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Of course that's the assumption but the point it is that she's not stupid enough to say it was him outright. 

• Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, nexxie said:

From Teddi’s blog (imo she has Camille’s number):

“So yes, while Camille’s face was right there tonight, she still left at least three others at home. Strap that on for thought.”

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-9/season-9/blogs/teddi-mellencamp-arroyave/teddi-8

I think they have each other's number. 

Teddi has lost some character currency with me.  Teddi has an eagerness to involve herself in a fight she has no part of. She likes to insert herself in other people's issues and lives whether she's being paid to or not. Her business is based on that. She's been slapped down to keep out of it before puppy-gate, Dorit/Kyle and still she doesn't stop. Her nagging at the market was another example.

It's why I love/hate Rinna. She involves herself when she doesn't need to.

I hate to say it but I'm liking Erica Girardi but definitely not Erica Jayne and glam squad, I'm tired of that bitch.

Edited by Giselle
They named him Archie. Can you fucking believe it?
  • Love 20
10 hours ago, renatae said:

And I'll bet no one even took a bite of those gigantic steaks!

This was all pretty boring, but I could watch Camille notifying Teddi all night long that her face "is right here."

That rolling billboard of a camper must have been pretty embarrassing for these high end glampers. It would have been for me.

I thought it was so gloriously awful!

They were thinking Prevost and got a rolling billboard with a porta-potty.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I hate how she talks about Kelsey. Cheating isn’t cool, but neither is humiliating the father of your children like that. Even if there were no kids involved, those classless cheap shots are gross. When she was being mean about LVP she was drunk, but she’ll say anything about Kelsey even when she’s sober. I didn’t like it when she made ugly comments about him years ago, but I cut her slack because the pain was fresh. This many years later, enough is enough.

Camille still can't get over being dumped by Kelsey, not that she's harboring any feelings for him , just the idea of being dumped  in such a public setting is still nagging her and for a much younger woman I might add.. she was humiliated. However it was plain to see he was definitely  over Camille. I almost felt sorry for her had she not been such a BIACH..

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

He could just as easily have rented it for the purposes of the camping trip and had it vinyl-wrapped with his logo and graphics.  Compared to the value of the "free" advertising he'd get on the show, that'd be a pretty small investment. 

Teddi said last week he uses it for tailgating. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

It could have been any one of her exes. I hope she wasn't referring to Kelsey  - her kids don't need to hear this.

46 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I hate to say it but I'm liking Erica Girardi but definitely not Erica Jayne and glam squad, I'm tired of that bitch. 

Agree.

I have never really had a problem with Kyle, but she is annoying me this season beyond reason. I am so tired of all her neuroses and she just comes off as a shallow rich girl. I don't think she is all that bright, especially after that confrontation with LVP. And she looks like Morticia Addams in her THs - that red get-up is not flattering.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Who knows? I have no reason to doubt she eats what she says. And what would be the point of taking 10 minutes to show her eating all of it? 

You may be right Tattleteeny, but how can I be snarky if I'm also trying to be reasonable???!!!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

I think they have each other's number. 

Teddi has lost some character currency with me.  Teddi has an eagerness to involve herself in a fight she has no part of. She likes to insert herself in other people's issues and lives whether she's being paid to or not. Her business is based on that. She's been slapped down to keep out of it before puppy-gate, Dorit/Kyle and still she doesn't stop. Her nagging at the market was another example.

It's why I love/hate Rinna. She involves herself when she doesn't need to.

I agree with your entire post, except I am not on board with the love/hate for Rinna.  For me, it's more of a hate/strongly dislike thing!  

(Also, especially agree with your edit - seriously - WTF???)

• Love 7

My pen has run out of ink writing a list of all of the things Kyle has anxiety over. On one hand, I am impressed that she's been able to travel and have these various experiences in life given the number of things that give her anxiety, on the other hand, she should go to therapy for that. Isn't it better to figure out a way to not have to go through life afraid of everything? 

These women are barely seen eating and yet their food bill came up to $700. I get alcohol can rack up as well but I know they aren't picking up $200 bottles at the grocery store so my head can't wrap around that bill.

That was not camping. 

Camille has loose lips. It's one thing to talk that openly about your sex life with your friends, but to do it in front of the cameras...her husband should probably keep it safe to avoid being a subject on the show, lol.

Teddi is exhausting to be around. She has an opinion about everything under the guise of being this truth-teller but she's an accountability hack. She just likes to hear herself talk and assesses everyone around her like she's some therapist. Teddi sharing her opinions in a matter-of-fact way doesn't make it truth. And for someone who likes to interject her so much, she should have much better skin that what she's got. She got offended way too quickly. And maybe Teddi's observational skills aren't all that great after all. She accused Camille of not speaking her mind to someone's face literally after Camille just spoke her mind about Teddi TO Teddi's face, lol. By that logic, Teddi can't call herself direct either since she spoke about LVP to some of the other women before she put all of her cards on the table with LVP.  I do think Teddi is direct but being direct is about being able to tell someone to their face what you're willing to say or think behind their back. Camille did exactly that just the way of Teddi has done.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, BluBrd47 said:

I TOTALLY thought it was weird that Camille asked Kyle to be a bridesmaid @KungFuBunny!! Camille has lived in Los Angeles since the 90’s and when she and Kyle meet they definitely appear friendly but not so tight you would think it’s a wedding party level bond. I own it.... I wanted to know what happened to DiDi- another thirsty gal- so I checked out her Insta. A commenter asked if DiDi and Camille were still in touch and DiDi said no and that she “regretted having poor judgement about friends in the past” (paraphrased.) I don’t think I could trust Camille either with her dead eyes. So to get back to topic has she alienated all of her friends besides Kyle? Or did she ask one of Andy’s favorites to be in her wedding to ensure more camera time?

Rinna, Teddi, Dorit, Kyle are definitely going to her wedding.

Erika is touring and Denise is filming. LVP is allegedly up in the air.

Wouldn't Bravo have been filming anyway with the other ladies going, and if Kyle was just another guest?

How funny is it that Denise's last second wedding had ALL of the HW's except Kyle and Camillle's is short 3?

I don't think Kyle and Camille were ever super close even after they made up on camera after the DuBois season. It just doesn't make sense for her to be asked.

Usually when a "Big Wedding" as Camille described it and you choose your bridesmaids way in advance and you would choose the same number of men to be groomsmen so they come down the aisle in pairs. Your bridesmaids are usually your close friends who come with you when you pick your wedding gown and when they choose the color palette for bridesmaid dresses.

I think Teddi gave Camille good advice about picking up the phone if she really wants LVP to attend her wedding. What I don't get though was Camille saying I doubt she'll come to my wedding since she didn't come to my bridal shower. Didn't Camille send out fancy invitations with RSVP/due date/stamped return envelopes? Wouldn't LVP have RSVP'd NO or YES and if she changed her mind would have contacted Camille?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I get Teddi using the show to advertise her husband's company - no shame in that. However I think they chose a pretty crappy bus.

The Rock Of Love Bus was tricked out better

giphy.gif

Oh, Bunny. Why didja hafta go and remind me of one of the best reality show moments during a thread on one of the most boring? 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

After they left the grocery store, someone said “are we all pitching in”. Teddy yelled back “yes”. Just struck me as odd, you invited them camping, you limited what their choices could be and you wanted them to pay too.

Probably a table for one in this one....seeing myself out. 

My thought as I was watching this was that Teddi should have planned the menu and brought the food herself.

6 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

If only these ladies realized how much younger they look without the ridiculous hairstyles and one pound of fake eyelashes on each eye.  It would've been entertaining to see more of them in the glamper tents accommodations and actually getting themselves ready for the day without a glam crew. 

It was nice to see everyone dressed appropriately for the activity - I don't remember that ever happening before!

5 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Camille on the bus - Denise isn't coming to my wedding because she's filming and can't change the dates. Errrrr....whatever Denise is off filming...they aren't going to change their schedule for Denise so she can attend the wedding of a co-worker that doesn't hold an apple. Speaking of Denise - I didn't realize she had so many projects that were in the works while she was filming RHBH.

Me neither!  I haven't seen her in anything since she guest starred on Friends, but that's probably just me 😄 I did think Camille's comment was a joke.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

He could just as easily have rented it for the purposes of the camping trip and had it vinyl-wrapped with his logo and graphics.  Compared to the value of the "free" advertising he'd get on the show, that'd be a pretty small investment. 

Neutral, but curious about this. Have they conducted studies showing how effective it is to promote labels/brands on these reality shows?  I have never seen something on these shows and thought, “Oh, I want to start using that brand, now that I know X, Y and Z use or created it.”

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Oh, Bunny. Why didja hafta go and remind me of one of the best reality show moments during a thread on one of the most boring? 😉

Dicksucker whorebag forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 5/6/2019 at 3:47 PM, politichick said:

Yeah, but this shtick is getting old and no one gives a fuck about her sex life. I think she's boring and not very bright.                                    

Yep, give it one or two years and she’ll be singing a different song.  Be skeptical of those who talk about it every minute.  Nobody cares. 

• Love 1

The short part I watched before getting bored (of FF'ing and in general) made me laugh about how hypocritical these women are. They are complaining about LVP's behavior while exhibiting the same EXACT BEHAVIOR they are complaining about. t

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
26 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Neutral, but curious about this. Have they conducted studies showing how effective it is to promote labels/brands on these reality shows?  I have never seen something on these shows and thought, “Oh, I want to start using that brand, now that I know X, Y and Z use or created it.”

Actually, it works for them in 2 ways. There are plenty of fans who do choose products specifically because their favorite TV personality has attached themself to it.

But it also just works as brand recognition.  For example, one might not have the specific thought that they want to use Teddi's security company (and I assume no one wants to use Kyle or Dorit's- haha) but outside conversations of the show, if viewers were asked to name security companies, many of us just added Skyline to the list of brands we subconsciously know exist.  This is why big name companies will buy the naming rights to sports arenas and things like that. 

I don't know if there are studies specific to reality shows, but there's an entire industry based upon studying consumers and their behavior.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

Actually, it works for them in 2 ways. There are plenty of fans who do choose products specifically because their favorite TV personality has attached themself to it.

But it also just works as brand recognition.  For example, one might not have the specific thought that they want to use Teddi's security company (and I assume no one wants to use Kyle or Dorit's- haha) but outside conversations of the show, if viewers were asked to name security companies, many of us just added Skyline to the list of brands we subconsciously know exist.  This is why big name companies will buy the naming rights to sports arenas and things like that. 

I don't know if there are studies specific to reality shows, but there's an entire industry based upon studying consumers and their behavior.

Three ways! There are also those consumers that see the branding on the show and go "HA! Hell no." 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Isn't it better to figure out a way to not have to go through life afraid of everything? 

Of course it is! But then she'd have to face the fact that she's a disgusting excuse for a human being and there is nothing Vyle will avoid more than the truth about herself.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Thumper said:

I also don't understand why they didn't just sleep in the RV.  

I believe Teddi said that she was sleeping in the RV. There isn't a motorhome big enough that I would personally want to share with 5 other women, no matter how close we might be. Most motor homes would have a bedroom (and maybe a second small one)  but the rest of the sleeping areas would be couches etc that convert to a bed. No thanks. I will take one of those gorgeous tents any day.

I also don't have a problem with them taking an RV owned by Teddi's hubby that advertises his company. How many times do we see Mauricio and his family wearing clothing advertising his company? More often than I care to see. But then I don't have a problem with Teddi in general, so there is that. 

I loved seeing all the howives having fun, wearing minimal makeup and doing something besides eating in yet another restaurant. I loved seeing them all rock climbing - wish they had had a final race with Rinna, Erika and Dorito! 

This was by far my favourite epi of the season, but then it was a pretty low bar to exceed. I loved seeing the ladies all getting along with just an occasional flare up, which is pretty normal (and tame for this franchise). It was lovely to have a reprieve from seeing LVP's sour puss. Thank you to the powers that be for giving me one enjoyable episode. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, byrd said:

Camille still can't get over being dumped by Kelsey, not that she's harboring any feelings for him , just the idea of being dumped  in such a public setting is still nagging her and for a much younger woman I might add.. she was humiliated. However it was plain to see he was definitely  over Camille. I almost felt sorry for her had she not been such a BIACH..

Fifty million isn’t too bad for a pole dancer from New Jersey.  She’s pissed that he’s happy with an average woman who gave him three kids.  Take away that blonde hair and she is nothing to look at.  Fifty mil was probably worth it to him.  If she was happy, she wouldn’t be squawking.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I believe Teddi said that she was sleeping in the RV. There isn't a motorhome big enough that I would personally want to share with 5 other women, no matter how close we might be. Most motor homes would have a bedroom (and maybe a second small one)  but the rest of the sleeping areas would be couches etc that convert to a bed. No thanks. I will take one of those gorgeous tents any day.

I also don't have a problem with them taking an RV owned by Teddi's hubby that advertises his company. How many times do with see Mauricio and his family wearing clothing advertising his company? More often than I care to see. But then I don't have a problem with Teddi in general, so there is that. 

I loved seeing all the howives having fun, wearing minimal makeup and doing something besides eating in yet another restaurant. I loved seeing them all rock climbing - wish they had had a final race with Rinna, Erika and Dorito! 

This was by far my favourite epi of the season, but then it was a pretty low bar to exceed. I loved seeing the ladies all get along with just an occasional flare up, which is pretty normal (and tame for this franchise). It was lovely to have a reprieve from seeing LVP's sour puss. Thank you to the powers that be for giving me one enjoyable episode. 

@UsernameFatigue, I agree with you, but I would love to have seen them all try!  I was looking forward to seeing them squished in there!  Hijinks!  Drama!  😀

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Biggest thing I came away from this episode... I didn't miss LVP. *shrugs*  Or Jon Sessa. Oops. Dr. Jon Sessa - tight shirt wearing, tiny dog holding creeper... She should have foisted him on VPRules... anywho. Yeah. 😉 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I actually do like Erika when she chows down.  I've been known to have apple pie for breakfast many post-holiday mornings.  Never tried spray cheese though - but now I'm curious...

This episode was kinda nice without LVP. More light-hearted but for a few minutes here and there.  Even Dorit made me laugh as she mimed someone asking for a happy ending.

BTW happy endings are illegal right?  Did Denise do a dumb thing admitting this on camera?

What bugged me was were these people giving happy endings doing it because they chose that job or were they victims of human trafficking?  My guess is they were not voluntarily sex workers.  I really am not a prude but I don't want to hear about Camille pegging Kelsey or sticking her paw up some dudes ass to massage his prostate.  While Kelsey is a giant jerk who treated her poorly, she needs to stop trying to humiliate him via sex secrets.  They have kids for gods sake and it really makes her look badly.  

• Love 18

I think for one lousy night they could have slept in the RV.  Most of those massive RVs have room for 5 people to sleep.  They could have brought some sleeping bags too.  Yes, it might have been tight, but, Dorit sleeps with PK and Erika sleeps with old Tom, so how bad could it have been to be together, with the other women, for one night?  They cleared out right after breakfast since they only bought food for dinner and breakfast.  Such Divas!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

BTW happy endings are illegal right?  Did Denise do a dumb thing admitting this on camera?

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

My daughter is a licensed Massage Therapist in N.Y. State, but I would be too embarrassed to ask her, even tho I’m curious, lol. 

Yeah, I definitely think it's illegal to ask your own daughter for a happy ending, even if she does have a license.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

My daughter is a licensed Massage Therapist in N.Y. State, but I would be too embarrassed to ask her, even tho I’m curious, lol.  I’ve never even heard of that until Denise said it.  Wow, she doesn’t hold anything back, does she?

I like Denise, but she really doesn’t. I’m curious about Denise’s parents. I’ve heard her dad is a sweet guy, and I know her parents were supportive of at least some things other parents wouldn’t be. There’s no way my parents would be cool with me posing for Playboy-her parents watched her kids when she shot her pictorial. I wonder if they were super open about sex. Did they flip out when their daughter got involved with Charlie Sheen? 

Brandi is another one who doesn’t hold anything back, but it made sense when we learned about her parents. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

Yeah, I definitely think it's illegal to ask your own daughter for a happy ending, even if she does have a license.

No No.  I don’t want a happy ending.  I wanted to know if it’s illegal for ANYONE to get that like Denice did.  I’ve never even heard of it.  It sounded pretty sleezy to me.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Ok, this is the pettiest nitpick ever, but I am going to hold Teddi Accountable for spelling "people's" wrong.  I mean, "people" is already plural, so wouldn't anything other than "people's" be incorrect?  

I spell things wrong and get grammar and syntax wrong all the time (don't even know the difference between grammar and syntax if I'm being honest), but I am not publicly fighting over social media with someone.  If I were, everything I wrote would be flawless.  The first rule of fighting over social media is to have someone proofread your work.  Duh Teddi!  (I'm just kidding; I don't know anything about it. It just seems like common sense).

Unless "peoples'" as a possessive plural is a thing?  And I am merely percepting it incorrectly? 

Is Teddi's rigorous diet and exercise routine making her a bitch?  Maybe this is just me projecting, because I get wound up and OC whenever I get into a really clean eating/working out groove.  That was what I thought about when they showed that picture of her as a brunette with a few extra pounds when she used to host at that restaurant that they mentioned at the Boy George concert--Teddi seemed like she was possibly a lot cooler and laid-back at that time.  I don't think those people would have been so happy to see her if she'd been such a joyless shell. Can you imagine?  "Um, I can't seat you even though the restaurant is empty, because when you called for a reservation, you said four o'clock and it's actuallly 4:04.  Actually, I can seat you, but I won't do it out of principle.  I will not do your dirty work." Chomp.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9