Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: Grilling Me Softly

• Start Topic

On 5/11/2019 at 7:41 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I'll take one more sally at this, because I'm not everyone's ever going to agree completely, and that is totally fine.  I don't disagree with everything you're saying.  I just feel like it was asked earnestly and sincerely whether there was something more.  I'm not saying you're blind to anything if you don't share my opinion, but I will offer my opinion on the matter before bidding it adieu.  I just have two points to make:

1.) As far as no one from Lisa VanderPump Dogs having anything to gain from putting out the RadarOnline story, you and I can agree objectively that that is true.  But what's also true is that the Johns, especially John Sessa, were champing at the bit to get the story out there.  So whether it would have been good or bad for John Sessa, John Blizzard or anyone at VanderPump Dogs, they may have leaked the story, because it would have been consistent with their expressed, uncontroverted desire for Dorit to be exposed, so to speak.

2.) Lisa has demonstrated herself to be, IMO, someone who isn't a particular crusader for the truth.  I am not commenting on the substance of the texts between Teddi and John Blizzard.  I didn't take the time to read them all.  I am saying that, when Teddi told Lisa that John Blizzard texted Teddi that it was Lisa's desire to put the dog issue front and center, Lisa responded to Teddi by saying a.) she doesn't know John Blizzard personally and b.) she doesn't speak to him on the phone, and she doesn't have his phone number.

Then it came out in either an interview or an article, from Sessa, I think, but definitely someone from Lisa's camp, that, when the dog thing was going down, when John Sessa rushed over to Lisa's house, Ken was on the phone with Blizzard, talking or arguing with him about the dog, and Lisa was there.  No one disputes this.  It came from Lisa's camp, so they're definitely not disputing it.

I think it is disingenous for Lisa to basically say "Teddi, it couldn't have been me talking to John Blizzard, because I don't know him outside of work or talk to him on the phone," when her spouse, who is in the same business, who was in the same place, was speaking to John Blizzard on the phone about the same subject matter that Lisa and Teddi were discussing.

I'm not saying she's lying.  If Lisa literally didn't have the phone in her hand, she wasn't on the phone with John Blizzard.  I'm saying she was leaving out a very pertinent detail, and that's dishonest.  

Like I said, I went back and forth about this with another poster once before, and apparently I didn't make it clear the first time the order of events, so I just want to frame what I am saying crystal clear.

1.). The dog was found at a shelter, everyone flipped out, John Sessa went to Lisa's home when Lisa was present and Ken was on the phone with John Blizzard.  Everyone was talking about the dog.

2.). Teddi says to Lisa, "Lisa, John Blizzard told me you wanted me to be a part of exposing the dog issue."  Lisa responds, "darling, that is impossible.  I don't know John Blizzard outside of work, I don't talk to him about these things, and I don't have his phone number."

That's some double-talking disingenous shit to me.  It has not been proven to be an outright lie.  It's just not completely truthful.  If Lisa was going to entertain this line of inquiry at all, and Teddi was her friend at the time, I think it would have been decent to say, "Teddi, I never said that to John Blizzard.  Ken talks to him outside of work, and I can't vouch 100% for what Ken may have said, but please know that I have never said, nor intimated, to John Blizzard that I wanted you to expose anything about anyone."  That would have been a completely truthful and transparent statement that would have fostered and furthered communication.  Lisa said something completely different.  And I think similarly to Judge Judy:  once you have lied to me once (or strechted the truth to within an inch of its life), everything else you say is cast in doubt.

This isn't to take away from the fact that everyone else lied, exaggerated, cheated, stole, dumped dogs, made accusations, kidnapped the Lindbergh baby--I'm not arguing any of that isn't true.  I'm just making the case about LVP's tendency for dishonesty as I see it.

BTW, I'm not saying any other poster is wrong if they have a different opinion.  I'm just saying that I think it's very possible that LVP's camp gave the ROL story, and that Lisa is not being honest in this scenario, and I have extrapolated those ideas from facts.

@Jel, I just saw your post, and I totally get it.  Now I'm the one talking about the dog.  This one's on me!  I totally understand what you are saying that the show will personally be ruined or go downhill for you without LVP.  I have felt that way about other Housewives on other franchises too.  And I can see what you're saying about the toenails being a metaphor lol.  Like, great, now we have Mauricio's toenails!

I guess it's good to be able to discuss this show without biting each other's heads off.  

And, of course, for the cheap seats, Dorit should have admitted her part.  As has been mentioned previously, she allows George O'Dowd (I refuse to call him Boy George anymore) to live in her home with her children when he was convicted of kidnapping and holding a man in chains against his will four years ago.  Le sigh. 

See, I think everyone has a poor idea of the time stamps with all these conversations so being able to pin point what Lisa is referring to when she explains herself is what I think creates the misconception of double talking. (Same thing happened with the whole "why didn't you bring Kyle into this" conversation with Rinna during a previous season. I could never really follow what conversation was being referred to and I never really could figure out what lie or manipulation LVP was being accused of.  I didn't even understand what was even said in the conversation that Rinna kept using as an example of LVP trying to throw Kyle under the bus. None of the information made sense in any sort of way, context or anything. It was the weirdest thing. 

Anyway, In the conversation LVP has with Teddi, Dorit and the others outlining the events about Blizzard, Sessa, Ken's conversation and the retrieval of the dog I find that information has been scattered, muddled and confused when recounting different details.

-Lisa says she doesn't speak to Blizzard outside of work. Well that doesn't mean she doesn't ever speak to him. She said she isn't close with him like that and he isn't someone she speaks to on a regular basis or socially. How is she lying about that?

Also, when she says she doesn't even have Blizzards number why is that considered a lie? The only thing that counters that is when we find out that Ken has apparently reached out to Blizzard (or did he reach out to VanderPump Dogs and asked to speak with Blizzard?) in order to address the dog situation which is WORK RELATED since it had to do with VDPD. If they are dealing with a work issue then yes, I would expect them to be able to reach Blizzard if necessary. So I don't count that conversation as proof she lied about her minimal association with Blizzard. 

When listening to these conversation start the accusers are very sloppy in detailing what it is they are trying to get Lisa to answer for. They add their conspiracy theories and muddle the timeline as well as muddle the clarity of what's being discussed. Lisa fumbles around answers cause it seems obvious to me she's confused about what they are even asking of her. Which convos, when etc.  She bounces around and explains separate conversations, situations and accusations that are being hurled at her through 3,4,5 different perspectives, narratives and assumptions. All of which are based on snippets of info and minimal knowledge of how the actual events transpired. 

I do think I've been able to piece together a pretty believable series of events and the parts that have gotten completely out of hand are when the details have been convoluted by the others, especially Teddi who needed to really spin it so that she could try to deflect from her part in the petty. 

All this proof is actually non proof. Why did LVP give Dorit a heads up to get ahead of it cause Teddi has been told? How did she know? She explains that doesn't she? Does Dorit get the heads up before or after Teddi shows up at VanderPump dogs with Kyle? If it's after then just by what we see, it's obvious that the story comes out in this scene.  And even if it was before what does that prove? That Lisa found out the Johns were talking shit and spilled the beans to Teddy even before that moment at VP Dogs? Okay and? So the gossip got back to her. I doubt anyone at VP Dogs were hiding how they felt about Dorits actions and I don't think its a stretch that Lisa to caught wind of the fact that the gossip made it's way to Teddi.

What I will say is that Lisa may be guilty of not giving a true rats ass about shielding Dorit and I can believe that any attempts made by LVP were half assed due to the fact that Dorit wasn't LVP's favorite person at the time. But that's a far stretch from accusing her of orchestrating this whole bruh ha ha.

I'm just not seeing the direct path to guilt that the HoWives are clinging on to for dear life.  There is nothing that even remotely suggests that Lisa did any of the things she's being accused of. All I see is a natural progression of gossip and shit talking by the people from Vanderpump dogs that Teddi was more than happy to jump on board with. 

Everything after that was Teddi being embarrassed about being down to fuck with Dorit to that level and fighting hard to hide her hands. I also believe that Teddi ASSUMED Lisa would be a  participant in the public smack talk of Dorit but once she realized her mistake she was already too deep in the dudu so the only way for some redemption was to point fingers at Lisa. Which is what everyone tends to do when they themselves stepped in shit with no way to defend themselves. Rinna did it, Brandi did it now Teddi's doing it.   

I think Teddi got in over her head with the Johns. Thought she was safe cause in her mind it was being coordinated by the mighty Lisa VDP but instead realized that it was just the antics of some fame whores who were ready to mean girl the fuck outta Dorit for her part in Lucy's ordeal. I have no problem believing that scenario for a second. I think Lisa's staff set off the course of events and Teddi got tangled in because she thought Lisa was at the helm and would me that she would be protected. 

I don't believe that Lisa needs to sit back and coordinate such pettiness. I really don't. Now for a couple of fame whore's like the Johns and a possible spin off,  I totally can see it. Teddi was just a stupid dingbat (wanna be mean girl) in this whole ordeal and got caught on the wrong side of it all.

• Love 13
On 5/12/2019 at 11:46 AM, princelina said:

I am not an LVP fan, and I agree with what you say.  IMO the problem is that Lisa is reaping what she has sown, and years of (and her habit of) shady behavior are the reason this is happening this year.  If she really didn't want it mentioned on camera, she could have been more decisive about that when Teddi and the John brought it up.  If Kenny didn't want her talking about it in deference to their friendship, then after it came out she could have said something like, "I was really pissed, but we have discussed it and handled it with them and I'm not talking about it anymore."  Instead she mumbles and looks away from Teddi and John, and gives Kyle the "Why would I be upset with Dorit?" bit.  And then prevaricates with Teddi, as @LibertarianSlut detailed above.  It doesn't make her look innocent, even if she is.  And IMO she probably expected them all to be outraged about Dorit (like people here) so that she could be Lady Bountiful who wasn't upset, not a bit, whilst making little "joking" digs at Dorit that meant nothing, dahling, nothing at all, quit being a baby and get a sense of humor.

Maybe cause at the moment she wasn't caring one way or the other what the "proper" reaction would be to avoid a scandal down the line revolving around her involvement in some gossip mess. These suggestions are after the fact and thought out based on what we now know has turned into some serious issue. At the time Lisa isn't aware that it will snowball so she's just having a honest reaction. Does she come across and not completely happy with Dorit? Sure. Do I think that had that particular interaction turned out to be a little snark fest against Dorit lead by the other two that Lisa would have engaged?  Yup I do. Which is why her actions make sense to me. Yeah, maybe she wanted to have a little go at Dorit with Kyle and Teddi but she didn't initiate it and when it didn't turn into one she kept it moving. I think Teddi was expecting that too so when it didn't really turn into that that's when she realized Uhhh Ohhh, I'm already on record as talking mad smack and Lisa's over here playing the unbothered role. Hey, if you're dumb enough jump on the band wagon onto someone else's beef with a person then you deserve all the side eye. 

• Love 7
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

See, I think everyone has a poor idea of the time stamps with all these conversations so being able to pin point what Lisa is referring to when she explains herself is what I think creates the misconception of double talking. (Same thing happened with the whole "why didn't you bring Kyle into this" conversation with Rinna during a previous season. I could never really follow what conversation was being referred to and I never really could figure out what lie or manipulation LVP was being accused of.  I didn't even understand what was even said in the conversation that Rinna kept using as an example of LVP trying to throw Kyle under the bus. None of the information made sense in any sort of way, context or anything. It was the weirdest thing. 

Anyway, In the conversation LVP has with Teddi, Dorit and the others outlining the events about Blizzard, Sessa, Ken's conversation and the retrieval of the dog I find that information has been scattered, muddled and confused when recounting different details.

-Lisa says she doesn't speak to Blizzard outside of work. Well that doesn't mean she doesn't ever speak to him. She said she isn't close with him like that and he isn't someone she speaks to on a regular basis or socially. How is she lying about that?

Also, when she says she doesn't even have Blizzards number why is that considered a lie? The only thing that counters that is when we find out that Ken has apparently reached out to Blizzard (or did he reach out to VanderPump Dogs and asked to speak with Blizzard?) in order to address the dog situation which is WORK RELATED since it had to do with VDPD. If they are dealing with a work issue then yes, I would expect them to be able to reach Blizzard if necessary. So I don't count that conversation as proof she lied about her minimal association with Blizzard. 

When listening to these conversation start the accusers are very sloppy in detailing what it is they are trying to get Lisa to answer for. They add their conspiracy theories and muddle the timeline as well as muddle the clarity of what's being discussed. Lisa fumbles around answers cause it seems obvious to me she's confused about what they are even asking of her. Which convos, when etc.  She bounces around and explains separate conversations, situations and accusations that are being hurled at her through 3,4,5 different perspectives, narratives and assumptions. All of which are based on snippets of info and minimal knowledge of how the actual events transpired. 

I do think I've been able to piece together a pretty believable series of events and the parts that have gotten completely out of hand are when the details have been convoluted by the others, especially Teddi who needed to really spin it so that she could try to deflect from her part in the petty. 

All this proof is actually non proof. Why did LVP give Dorit a heads up to get ahead of it cause Teddi has been told? How did she know? She explains that doesn't she? Does Dorit get the heads up before or after Teddi shows up at VanderPump dogs with Kyle? If it's after then just by what we see, it's obvious that the story comes out in this scene.  And even if it was before what does that prove? That Lisa found out the Johns were talking shit and spilled the beans to Teddy even before that moment at VP Dogs? Okay and? So the gossip got back to her. I doubt anyone at VP Dogs were hiding how they felt about Dorits actions and I don't think its a stretch that Lisa to caught wind of the fact that the gossip made it's way to Teddi.

What I will say is that Lisa may be guilty of not giving a true rats ass about shielding Dorit and I can believe that any attempts made by LVP were half assed due to the fact that Dorit wasn't LVP's favorite person at the time. But that's a far stretch from accusing her of orchestrating this whole bruh ha ha.

I'm just not seeing the direct path to guilt that the HoWives are clinging on to for dear life.  There is nothing that even remotely suggests that Lisa did any of the things she's being accused of. All I see is a natural progression of gossip and shit talking by the people from Vanderpump dogs that Teddi was more than happy to jump on board with. 

Everything after that was Teddi being embarrassed about being down to fuck with Dorit to that level and fighting hard to hide her hands. I also believe that Teddi ASSUMED Lisa would be a  participant in the public smack talk of Dorit but once she realized her mistake she was already too deep in the dudu so the only way for some redemption was to point fingers at Lisa. Which is what everyone tends to do when they themselves stepped in shit with no way to defend themselves. Rinna did it, Brandi did it now Teddi's doing it.   

I think Teddi got in over her head with the Johns. Thought she was safe cause in her mind it was being coordinated by the mighty Lisa VDP but instead realized that it was just the antics of some fame whores who were ready to mean girl the fuck outta Dorit for her part in Lucy's ordeal. I have no problem believing that scenario for a second. I think Lisa's staff set off the course of events and Teddi got tangled in because she thought Lisa was at the helm and would me that she would be protected. 

I don't believe that Lisa needs to sit back and coordinate such pettiness. I really don't. Now for a couple of fame whore's like the Johns and a possible spin off,  I totally can see it. Teddi was just a stupid dingbat (wanna be mean girl) in this whole ordeal and got caught on the wrong side of it all.

Great post - and I'd go even further than this.   Teddi was anxious the whole time when she was telling Dorit about what happened - I actually think that Teddi leaked to ROL even at the time she was in The Bahamas and had to do this to cover her backside.

She could have stopped it in The Bahamas but she was in good deep.

Edited by TVFANNO1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:52 PM, Gem 10 said:

Fifty million isn’t too bad for a pole dancer from New Jersey.  She’s pissed that he’s happy with an average woman who gave him three kids.  Take away that blonde hair and she is nothing to look at.  Fifty mil was probably worth it to him.  If she was happy, she wouldn’t be squawking.

True..

• Love 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Maybe cause at the moment she wasn't caring one way or the other what the "proper" reaction would be to avoid a scandal down the line revolving around her involvement in some gossip mess. These suggestions are after the fact and thought out based on what we now know has turned into some serious issue. At the time Lisa isn't aware that it will snowball so she's just having a honest reaction. Does she come across and not completely happy with Dorit? Sure. Do I think that had that particular interaction turned out to be a little snark fest against Dorit lead by the other two that Lisa would have engaged?  Yup I do. Which is why her actions make sense to me. Yeah, maybe she wanted to have a little go at Dorit with Kyle and Teddi but she didn't initiate it and when it didn't turn into one she kept it moving. I think Teddi was expecting that too so when it didn't really turn into that that's when she realized Uhhh Ohhh, I'm already on record as talking mad smack and Lisa's over here playing the unbothered role. Hey, if you're dumb enough jump on the band wagon onto someone else's beef with a person then you deserve all the side eye. 

Which is what Teddi always does, constantly involving herself in other people shit, then tries to change it up when it turns on her. Teddi need to just STFU.  

Edited by byrd
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I get what you're saying, and I think your post makes sense.  I said I wan't going to talk about this anymore, but I am having one of the slowest days of work in my life--I already had lunch, went out for coffee, wiped down my computer monitor, and filled up my car with gas--so I am literally trying to run out the clock here, so I will respond.  I know I'm going back on my word.  There's nothing brand new to see here, folks, if you want to skip this one!

--It was above my pay grade also to try to determine what happened in the Munchhausen season.  It was frustrating and not fun to watch Kyle tell Lisa she is going to drag her down in the fucking mud, and have no idea what anyone is talking about.

--I find Teddi's motivations highly questionable, too, but I guess that's for a different post.

--As far as LVP having 3,4 and 5 things thrown at her at once, I understand that can be confusing.  I'm not sure how it grants her permission to swear to a negative.  This is my strongest argument, so I am going to go with it:

Lisa stated unequivocally that she did not plant the RadorOnline story, and neither did anyone she knew.  Those are just irresponsible words to me.  They do not make LVP a liar.  I think that was asked in the post:  how does anything make LVP a liar?  

I don't think that I can call LVP "a liar" with any certainty.  I guess I just think she has shown proclivities for dishonesty, or less than full honesty.  I know this isn't a courtroom, but I always go back to law school Evidence class with these women:  a lot of times you can put someone on the stand to impeach someone else--aka cast doubt on the first witness's testimony, whether it is because the subsequent witness's testimony is going to exhibit that the first witness's testimony is unreliable or biased or untruthful or what have you.  

I think Lisa's entire character for truthfulness was impeached, or cast into doubt, when she swore on a negative.  She can't swear or promise or make vouchers for anyone but herself.

I love my parents dearly.  They are the greatest people, who save animals, and they are warm and open and do things of unspeakable generosity.  I could never and would never swear that they didn't plant a story with RadarOnline.  I have no way of knowing that.  I can say that it is highly unlikely.  I can say that it goes beyond the scope of anything I've seen them do, and I would bet money on the fact that it wasn't them, but I can't swear that they didn't do it.  If I can't swear that my parents didn't do something, LVP definitely can't swear that her employees didn't do something!

It's not smoking gun proof that she's lying.  It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

In addition, LVP seems to want it both ways when it comes to how "her truth" is treated by others. There was a blog from LVP (that reeked of ageism) from earlier this season where she spent the whole blog basically asserting that John Blizzard is 23, so how can you believe a word he says.  But now...oh, he definitely did not get in touch with RadarOnline?  It doesn't fly with me.  it's inconsistent.  That's my second argument.

This is a 50-something year old woman who is loved by the fans because she runs empires.  I'm not sure LVP can take credit for such things ("the crown is heavy, darling...") but then feign confusion.  She is supposed to be a sophisticated woman who is responsible for the words that come out of her mouth.  That's not what I'm seeing here.

I don't read interviews or blogs that aren't linked to here, and I don't always catch WWHL until a week later, and even then, I'm only half-listening, so I thought the fact that I, as a fairly casual watcher, found about three inconsistencies from this season, which is only about halfway over, that I can put out here in words, is kind of a big deal.  

My third argument--I can't really be any more clear with the John Blizzard discussion with Teddi.  I have run out of words.  I accept that some people will disagree with me.  I took pains to say over and over that it is not a lie in and of itself.  I said that it is not proven to be a lie that Lisa doesn't have Blizzard's telephone number, nor is it a lie that she doesn't speak to him outside of work, nor is it a lie that she doesn't speak to him on the phone.  What is a dishonesty, not a lie, but a dishonesty, and what smacks of gaslighting is to sit with Teddi alone in a hotel room and look at her like she is speaking jibberish when Teddi says, "John Blizzard says you want me to do this," and Lisa leaves out the pertinent info that Ken has been in contact with JB on the phone about this issue outside of work and Lisa was there.  I don't see why Lisa couldn't have divulged that info, unless she was trying to mislead Teddi, which, in my opinion, she was.

As to why LVP told Dorit "to get ahead of it," because "Teddi knows"?  The explanation for that comes directly from Lisa.  It took several go-rounds, but Lisa finally admitted when Sessa was at her home and the pressure was applied to expose Dorit, Lisa said that she didn't care if Trump knew about the dog.  Lisa intimated that it was a mistake to say it, but she did say it, and the consequences of her actions reverberated from there.  I can only take an educated guess that after Lisa said that she didn't care if Trump knew, she thought to herself, "well this makes me look a little sloppy and silly.  Let me tell Dorit."  Mind, LVP didn't even take that opportunity to come completely clean about what she said and did (which is what integrity is based on, for me), but she just kind of texted Dorit (if I'm not mistake) "Teddi knows," all ominously, as opposed to putting on her big girl garters and saying "Teddi knows because in a moment of anger--because I am pissed at you, Dorit--I told a group of people whom I don't find particularly reliable that I don't care if Trump knows, so one of the irresponsible people in question told Teddi. I regret my actions, but I think we need to have a bigger discussion about yours." 

Boom.  Mic drop moment.  Integrity and honesty restored.  The right people being held responsible for doing the wrong thing.  She didn't do that.  It tells me all I need to know.

-------------------

This is all I'm going to say about it unless something new comes to light, promise! If I get bored again, I will look out the window or something.  I feel like the LVP conversation is like this optical illusion:

DE166ADA-FB70-496D-AFA7-210A4F7E4C63-1920-000001D06B5383D5.png.87b80ca17ce43337089c2b13d2e2653b.png

Some people are going to see the old woman, and some people are going to see the young woman, and there's not much I can do about that.  And it's good to hear from different perspective when all is said and done. Plus, with my history of flip-flopping on Housewives, there is a chance I'll be saying LVP is the greatest thing that happened since sliced bread someday, so I'll bit my tongue at least a little.  🙂

• Love 14
40 minutes ago, TVFANNO1 said:

Great post - and I'd go even further than this.   Teddi was anxious the whole time when she was telling Dorit about what happened - I actually think that Teddi leaked to ROL even at the time she was in The Bahamas and had to do this to cover her backside.

She could have stopped it in The Bahamas but she was in good deep.

I do too. I just rewatched most of the Lucy Lucy Apple Juice episode. At VPD Teddi was seemingly on very good terms with Lisa, sweet, smiling, comforting her when she was talking about her brother dying, etc. No sign of her feeling pissed off or set up. Angry Teddi only appears later. 

In that epi, Kyle says a couple of interesting things too. She says "Dorit can drop off a dog" and then later, when she's talking about how unfairly she feels Lisa treats her, she talks about other people who have done really, really terrible things, but Lisa lets them get away with it.  Who dat, Kyle and what terrible things? 

And finally, when she's talking about how important it is to keep the whole thing quiet, she mentions that In BH if people find out that you mistreated a dog....What's Kyle saying there.? Dorit supposedly gave the dog to a "lovely woman", where's the mistreatment from Dorit if that's true? Was Kyle planting seeds against Dorit, or betraying her true knowledge of the situation? Don't know.

I think Lisa Vanderpump is not a very good good communicator -- she's a "fancy talker" and a very flowery writer and clarity suffers for that.  But non-verbal cues say a lot, and I believe at VPD it was clear that Lisa did not want to talk about it OR want to hear it be talked about by anyone else

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

Maybe, but I don't think so - I think she knew what she was doing, but the others didn't play their part in her game like she's used to.  And I think Teddi comes out of this whole thing looking like both an asshole (especially after getting her brother on to VPR a couple weeks before) and a moron.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, princelina said:

Maybe, but I don't think so - I think she knew what she was doing, but the others didn't play their part in her game like she's used to.  And I think Teddi comes out of this whole thing looking like both an asshole (especially after getting her brother on to VPR a couple weeks before) and a moron.

That doesn't read true for me. Vanderpump has always had a tell (several, actually). She didn't display any of those at all during this season. When Vanderpump is lying she does this thing where she straightens her back and almost imperceptibly tosses her hair. It's like she's girding herself for battle without looking like she is about to be combative. I recognize it because it's one of things that I think makes her so Dynasty-level fabulous. 

Then, she puts on the icy demeanor and prepares to dispute each point one by one. It was obvious this entire season that she did none of that. I mean she has other tells, but her biggest one has always been the super stoic I will sit up straight and not let you beat me. 

Vanderpump has spent this entire season on the defensive, letting others talk over her with next to no comebacks, only shocked silence or mumbling confusion. She's also been emotional, which she never is and numb, which she also never is. I think Kyle and Rinna chose this season to come at Vanderpump because they knew that she was vulnerable, and Teddi was just a really easy pawn in the whole thing. They thought they were dealing with what they've always believed to be Vanderpump, without acknowledging how much pain she was in. And now they are all in too deep in their cognitive dissonance to accept that they may have been wrong.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

LVP is on the defensive and avoiding contact this year because several castmates peeked behind her mask, which scares the shit out of any narcissist. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 5/7/2019 at 11:52 PM, njbchlover said:

Kyle is a Birkin Bag full of anxieties, isn't she?  She's afraid of heights, she's afraid of bugs, she's afraid of letting her daughters go away, she's afraid of just about everything - except she's not afraid to go to her friend's house and call her a liar.

I get wearing the boots because of ticks, though.  She saw what happened to Yolanda because Yolanda had Lyme disease (well, we think she did, anyway.....).  But, in all fairness, I have friends who have had Lyme disease, and it is no joke.  She was being smart.  

But when they were walking through the woods, and she mentioned something about Zika, I just about lost it.  She is certainly "up" on all her diseases that can be carried by insects.  I'm surprised she didn't bring up malaria!!  

Did anyone else notice, though, that she did say she misses LVP?  I think Kyle is beginning to regret her part in all of this.  

Watching all the chatter after dinner, I noticed that Kyle was just staring into space.  I definitely think Kyle knows she messed up....HUGE MISTAKE 

What a boring episode.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 5/8/2019 at 2:01 PM, gingerella said:

Say what you will about how Kelsey Grammar behaved before/during/after their divorce, I can only imagine the nightmare that Mrs. Camille Grammar was to everyone around her including her husband. So I give him a big fat fucking PASS for that shit. She is a horrible person with no redeeming qualities. She lies on the regular, says heinous shit on camera (real or made up, insinuating that she wore a strap on with Kelsey was beyond, her children will see this shit FFS), is obnoxious to the extreme, has no understanding of her surroundings and doesn't care to, and contributes nothing of value to society. Wait! That goes for all these bitch ho's, doesn't it?!?

I disagree, I think she knew exactly what she was insinuating and knew that the larger audience out there would assume it was Kelsey. She's calculating even though we can see the hamster wheel in her pea brain.

I love Kelsey Grammer, and think Camille stoops so low to try and humiliate him.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Jel said:

I do too. I just rewatched most of the Lucy Lucy Apple Juice episode. At VPD Teddi was seemingly on very good terms with Lisa, sweet, smiling, comforting her when she was talking about her brother dying, etc. No sign of her feeling pissed off or set up. Angry Teddi only appears later. 

In that epi, Kyle says a couple of interesting things too. She says "Dorit can drop off a dog" and then later, when she's talking about how unfairly she feels Lisa treats her, she talks about other people who have done really, really terrible things, but Lisa lets them get away with it.  Who dat, Kyle and what terrible things? 

And finally, when she's talking about how important it is to keep the whole thing quiet, she mentions that In BH if people find out that you mistreated a dog....What's Kyle saying there.? Dorit supposedly gave the dog to a "lovely woman", where's the mistreatment from Dorit if that's true? Was Kyle planting seeds against Dorit, or betraying her true knowledge of the situation? Don't know.

I think Lisa Vanderpump is not a very good good communicator -- she's a "fancy talker" and a very flowery writer and clarity suffers for that.  But non-verbal cues say a lot, and I believe at VPD it was clear that Lisa did not want to talk about it OR want to hear it be talked about by anyone else

When that episode first aired the thing that got me was Kyle saying about how if you mistreat a dog how that will go down.  She was bringing it to the forefront and making it worse than it should have been .  I don't understand how the other women, when watching back don't see these things.

• Love 9
On 5/7/2019 at 9:53 PM, nexxie said:

Camille must be threatened by Teddi - quite condescending.

These women are always threatened by younger women.  They are the most insecure bunch of rich bitches I've ever seen.  Camille seems to be going back to her old ways of bitchery this season.  

11 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

That doesn't read true for me. Vanderpump has always had a tell (several, actually). She didn't display any of those at all during this season. When Vanderpump is lying she does this thing where she straightens her back and almost imperceptibly tosses her hair. It's like she's girding herself for battle without looking like she is about to be combative. I recognize it because it's one of things that I think makes her so Dynasty-level fabulous. 

Then, she puts on the icy demeanor and prepares to dispute each point one by one. It was obvious this entire season that she did none of that. I mean she has other tells, but her biggest one has always been the super stoic I will sit up straight and not let you beat me. 

Vanderpump has spent this entire season on the defensive, letting others talk over her with next to no comebacks, only shocked silence or mumbling confusion. She's also been emotional, which she never is and numb, which she also never is. I think Kyle and Rinna chose this season to come at Vanderpump because they knew that she was vulnerable, and Teddi was just a really easy pawn in the whole thing. They thought they were dealing with what they've always believed to be Vanderpump, without acknowledging how much pain she was in. And now they are all in too deep in their cognitive dissonance to accept that they may have been wrong.

Teddi is being played by them all.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I get what you're saying, and I think your post makes sense.  I said I wan't going to talk about this anymore, but I am having one of the slowest days of work in my life--I already had lunch, went out for coffee, wiped down my computer monitor, and filled up my car with gas--so I am literally trying to run out the clock here, so I will respond.  I know I'm going back on my word.  There's nothing brand new to see here, folks, if you want to skip this one!

--It was above my pay grade also to try to determine what happened in the Munchhausen season.  It was frustrating and not fun to watch Kyle tell Lisa she is going to drag her down in the fucking mud, and have no idea what anyone is talking about.

--I find Teddi's motivations highly questionable, too, but I guess that's for a different post.

--As far as LVP having 3,4 and 5 things thrown at her at once, I understand that can be confusing.  I'm not sure how it grants her permission to swear to a negative.  This is my strongest argument, so I am going to go with it:

Lisa stated unequivocally that she did not plant the RadorOnline story, and neither did anyone she knew.  Those are just irresponsible words to me.  They do not make LVP a liar.  I think that was asked in the post:  how does anything make LVP a liar?  

I don't think that I can call LVP "a liar" with any certainty.  I guess I just think she has shown proclivities for dishonesty, or less than full honesty.  I know this isn't a courtroom, but I always go back to law school Evidence class with these women:  a lot of times you can put someone on the stand to impeach someone else--aka cast doubt on the first witness's testimony, whether it is because the subsequent witness's testimony is going to exhibit that the first witness's testimony is unreliable or biased or untruthful or what have you.  

I think Lisa's entire character for truthfulness was impeached, or cast into doubt, when she swore on a negative.  She can't swear or promise or make vouchers for anyone but herself.

I love my parents dearly.  They are the greatest people, who save animals, and they are warm and open and do things of unspeakable generosity.  I could never and would never swear that they didn't plant a story with RadarOnline.  I have no way of knowing that.  I can say that it is highly unlikely.  I can say that it goes beyond the scope of anything I've seen them do, and I would bet money on the fact that it wasn't them, but I can't swear that they didn't do it.  If I can't swear that my parents didn't do something, LVP definitely can't swear that her employees didn't do something!

It's not smoking gun proof that she's lying.  It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

In addition, LVP seems to want it both ways when it comes to how "her truth" is treated by others. There was a blog from LVP (that reeked of ageism) from earlier this season where she spent the whole blog basically asserting that John Blizzard is 23, so how can you believe a word he says.  But now...oh, he definitely did not get in touch with RadarOnline?  It doesn't fly with me.  it's inconsistent.  That's my second argument.

This is a 50-something year old woman who is loved by the fans because she runs empires.  I'm not sure LVP can take credit for such things ("the crown is heavy, darling...") but then feign confusion.  She is supposed to be a sophisticated woman who is responsible for the words that come out of her mouth.  That's not what I'm seeing here.

I don't read interviews or blogs that aren't linked to here, and I don't always catch WWHL until a week later, and even then, I'm only half-listening, so I thought the fact that I, as a fairly casual watcher, found about three inconsistencies from this season, which is only about halfway over, that I can put out here in words, is kind of a big deal.  

My third argument--I can't really be any more clear with the John Blizzard discussion with Teddi.  I have run out of words.  I accept that some people will disagree with me.  I took pains to say over and over that it is not a lie in and of itself.  I said that it is not proven to be a lie that Lisa doesn't have Blizzard's telephone number, nor is it a lie that she doesn't speak to him outside of work, nor is it a lie that she doesn't speak to him on the phone.  What is a dishonesty, not a lie, but a dishonesty, and what smacks of gaslighting is to sit with Teddi alone in a hotel room and look at her like she is speaking jibberish when Teddi says, "John Blizzard says you want me to do this," and Lisa leaves out the pertinent info that Ken has been in contact with JB on the phone about this issue outside of work and Lisa was there.  I don't see why Lisa couldn't have divulged that info, unless she was trying to mislead Teddi, which, in my opinion, she was.

As to why LVP told Dorit "to get ahead of it," because "Teddi knows"?  The explanation for that comes directly from Lisa.  It took several go-rounds, but Lisa finally admitted when Sessa was at her home and the pressure was applied to expose Dorit, Lisa said that she didn't care if Trump knew about the dog.  Lisa intimated that it was a mistake to say it, but she did say it, and the consequences of her actions reverberated from there.  I can only take an educated guess that after Lisa said that she didn't care if Trump knew, she thought to herself, "well this makes me look a little sloppy and silly.  Let me tell Dorit."  Mind, LVP didn't even take that opportunity to come completely clean about what she said and did (which is what integrity is based on, for me), but she just kind of texted Dorit (if I'm not mistake) "Teddi knows," all ominously, as opposed to putting on her big girl garters and saying "Teddi knows because in a moment of anger--because I am pissed at you, Dorit--I told a group of people whom I don't find particularly reliable that I don't care if Trump knows, so one of the irresponsible people in question told Teddi. I regret my actions, but I think we need to have a bigger discussion about yours." 

Boom.  Mic drop moment.  Integrity and honesty restored.  The right people being held responsible for doing the wrong thing.  She didn't do that.  It tells me all I need to know.

-------------------

This is all I'm going to say about it unless something new comes to light, promise! If I get bored again, I will look out the window or something.  I feel like the LVP conversation is like this optical illusion:

DE166ADA-FB70-496D-AFA7-210A4F7E4C63-1920-000001D06B5383D5.png.87b80ca17ce43337089c2b13d2e2653b.png

Some people are going to see the old woman, and some people are going to see the young woman, and there's not much I can do about that.  And it's good to hear from different perspective when all is said and done. Plus, with my history of flip-flopping on Housewives, there is a chance I'll be saying LVP is the greatest thing that happened since sliced bread someday, so I'll bit my tongue at least a little.  🙂

I agree that LVP gets in her own way when trying to defend herself. She's too quick to be "oh I would never" so she does contribute to the muddle. What bothers me is that the women then snatch THAT up and try to spin in it like she's some deliberate liar who lies instead of just someone that doesn't want to go in too deep during a crisis. Yes it is a flaw of Lisa's but these women turning it into the worse thing a person could ever do is what I find exhausting. 

Lisa steps in it cause she tries to keep her answers minimal and tries not to give away too much so she compartmentalizes her responses. She'll go all in on one response like one thing doesn't have to do with the other so then later on when someone brings up another part of a situation that she had hoped would be put to bed her answer to the next question is full of absolutes (cause again she goes all in) that then doesn't jive with other info or somewhat contradicts her previous responses. That's doesn't help Lisa's cause at all. I get that.

My thing is that I wish the women would articulate THAT as the issue just as you've explained it. You have outlined your thoughts and have clearly pointed out what it is that is frustrating about Lisa and how she handles these sort of messes. Even with everything laid out on the table I don't really find any of what Lisa did reprehensible. Just aggravating and the tone of your posts suggests you're not particularly irate over her actions either. She's just not as honest as she should be cause she's afraid how things would be spun. Not to speak for you or anything. LOL :-) But point is you've made your case, it bugs you, Lisa could and should do better and that makes sense. They need to call her out on THAT. Instead they wrap it all up in one big offense that they demand she take ownership of when half of their accusations are far fetched or unfounded. 

Now, turn to the show and these women are going on and on and on like she's is the worse witch ever to have witched. They are sitting around clutching pearls, having group meetings, wide eyes and tsk tsking, giving off pitchfork villagers vibe and it's just waaaaayyyy overkill. They go on about what Lisa needs to do, how terrible she is as if she's a hazard to be dealt with and are constantly in Public Service Announcement mode like she should come with a warning label.  That's what I meant about the constant need to force "Lisa's such a liar" narrative. When I mentioned proof not being real proof of Lisa's lies I was talking about the way the wives have taken messy info, unsupported claims, and unfounded details and continue to speak on all of that as absolute truth. I personally don't believe it's as deep as these women are trying to make it but there it is. The goal of yet another season. Yell at Lisa and hope she bows down to them. 

So I'm with Lisa when she just decides it's not worth the bother. I agree with her. If these women want to go on such a mission to spell out the worse case scenario in the name of "Making Lisa Own It" (for yet another season..ugggh) as if that's the most important thing there is in the world then it doesn't matter to me there has been a bit of fogginess in some of Lisa's responses. I chalk it up to Lisa deciding that she doesn't really have to explain herself down to the minute detail. I get that it isn't as honest as she could be but I would get frustrated having to break every detail down because my so called friends are deliberately looking for things and reasons to come for me. 

I expect my friends to either let something go or come to me in an HONEST attempt to get clarification. The women come to "talk" to Lisa with one agenda and one agenda only (for many seasons now) with the goal being "Lisa just admit you're a fucked up person". Everything else is just filler. This season the back drop is a dog and an article. I just can't get behind the Lisa pile on. The stretches the women are making and the spinning they are doing, as usual, is just a bunch of ridiculous exaggerations.

• Love 10
(edited)
17 hours ago, Jel said:

I believe that too. How she feels, what she thinks and how she plans on treating someone is different than what she actually wants presented on camera. I think the women, season after season bring Lisa's beefs to the forefront and drag it on camera to try and show how Lisa "holds grudes". They bring up all this off camera stuff into a season then try and twist Lisa in knots about it while filming so that it all seems like some conniving pre-planned scandal orchestrated by Lisa when in reality all she wants to do is gloss over it and try and not to make it a big deal. Which for some reason the other women seem to think is some big No No. 

I do think Lisa goes a bit cold when something goes down with one of these ladies and she has every right to but I truly believe that it's the need of the OTHER women to tarnish Lisa that causes them to drag so many "possible scandals" to the front of the camera in the attempt to set up a  GOTCHA season against Lisa. I think the first couple of seasons things trickled out accidentally, Camille with the Taylor situation, which I'm sorry Camille just because you all discussed it and Lisa says someone should mention it doesn't mean you couldn't decide when was the best time for you to comment. Not Lisa's fault. This started the trend of "Lisa manipulates" and thus put a target on Lisa's back every season after.

Season after season the women get caught behaving VERY badly (looking at you Teddi, Brandi, Rinna etc....)  and start panicking about how it makes them look so they try and figure out a way to skirt responsibility by turning it into some elaborate scheme designed by Lisa. And Kyle, every season figures out how to subtly back that theory up in one way or another. <sideeye> I mean I like gossip here and there and I engage in some snark in my life but who really enjoys spinning such tales and unleashing scandals through third parties season after season? That doesn't even sound like something anyone would even have time to do.

Besides, Lisa has VDP Rules to cover that type of nonsense without even trying. On BH Lisa seems to want to show case her life with Ken, her interactions with the women, when they are on good terms, her causes, and just the woosah of her swan filled, dog haven, miniature pony stabled home. Her discomfort in certain things is obvious and I can always tell when she's disappointed and hurt. She does get steely when these antics start and even then you can see it comes from a place of hurt. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, princelina said:

The idea of "setting someone up" has never really gelled for me. Especially when that someone is supposed to be VDP. I just don't see where the satisfaction lies. It doesn't make sense for her to try and pull anything like that knowing that these women come for her at every turn. There are no benefits from something like that and definitely not for LVP. So what would be the point? 

Plus, I just don't think true snark and gossip works that way. I think shit happens in the moment and then goes from there. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, nexxie said:

LVP is on the defensive and avoiding contact this year because several castmates peeked behind her mask, which scares the shit out of any narcissist. 

Lisa doesn’t care anymore because life is too short so she is not going to pretend that she cares about these women. These women are the ones who are scared shitless as the banality and emptiness of their fake lives are exposed by the camera.

Yes the scene of Kyle clipping those sleazy greasy toenails was short but it is the perfect symbolic representation of how little these women have to offer to the audience. I could have mocked the scenes of Dorit trying to use a blender or Teddi jogging or Rinna wiping down a hotel room but the toenails is just an iconic moment that deserves constant and repeated derision. 

If you want to get a taste of what the reunion would look like if Lisa attended just check out the current reunion episode of Vanderpump Rules where there are seven people shouting nonstop at James Kennedy. Lisa tried to interject and stop some of most unfair and egregious attacks as does Flat Iron Tom. None of these worthless bitches would do this for Lisa. She would be a fool to subject herself to this. As would Camille who would be a secondary target. Let them fight amongst themselves and let’s see how much fun that will be!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I believe that too. How she feels, what she thinks and how she plans on treating someone is different than what she actually wants presented on camera. I think the women, season after season bring Lisa's beefs to the forefront and drag it on camera to try and show how Lisa "holds grudes". They bring up all this off camera stuff into a season then try and twist Lisa in knots about it while filming so that it all seems like some conniving pre-planned scandal orchestrated by Lisa when in reality all she wants to do is gloss over it and try and not to make it a big deal. Which for some reason the other women seem to think is some big No No. 

I do think Lisa goes a bit cold when something goes down with one of these ladies and she has every right to but I truly believe that it's the need of the OTHER women to tarnish Lisa that causes them to drag so many "possible scandals" to the front of the camera in the attempt to set up a  GOTCHA season against Lisa. I think the first couple of seasons things trickled out accidentally, Camille with the Taylor situation, which I'm sorry Camille just because you all discussed it and Lisa says someone should mention it doesn't mean you couldn't decide when was the best time for you to comment. Not Lisa's fault. This started the trend of "Lisa manipulates" and thus put a target on Lisa's back every season after.

Season after season the women get caught behaving VERY badly (looking at you Teddi, Brandi, Rinna etc....)  and start panicking about how it makes them look so they try and figure out a way to skirt responsibility by turning it into some elaborate scheme designed by Lisa. And Kyle, every season figures out how to subtly back that theory up in one way or another. <sideeye> I mean I like gossip here and there and I engage in some snark in my life but who really enjoys spinning such tales and unleashing scandals through third parties season after season? That doesn't even sound like something anyone would even have time to do.

Besides, Lisa has VDP Rules to cover that type of nonsense without even trying. On BH Lisa seems to want to show case her life with Ken, her interactions with the women, when they are on good terms, her causes, and just the woosah of her swan filled, dog haven, miniature pony stabled home. Her discomfort in certain things is obvious and I can always tell when she's disappointed and hurt. She does get steely when these antics start and even then you can see it comes from a place of hurt. 

Just going back to the 'outing of Taylor'. I honestly believe that Lisa didn't want to bring it to the forefront as coming from her - because she knew that Taylor wasn't on good terms with her.   Lisa saw through Taylor at the beginning at the airport (the comment from Kyle about why did they want to see Camille in Hawai if Kelsey wasn't there), Lisa, IMO knew the it was Taylor that told Camille.

Taylor didn't invite LVP to that woman presentation thing - and Taylor thought she was getting above herself with the Laptop image (ha ha laughed my head off at that one).   I honestly think that Lisa might have thought it would be better coming from one of the other women - it couldn't have come from Kyle because Kyle was Taylor's 'best friend'.   

47 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Lisa doesn’t care anymore because life is too short so she is not going to pretend that she cares about these women. These women are the ones who are scared shitless as the banality and emptiness of their fake lives are exposed by the camera.

Yes the scene of Kyle clipping those sleazy greasy toenails was short but it is the perfect symbolic representation of how little these women have to offer to the audience. I could have mocked the scenes of Dorit trying to use a blender or Teddi jogging or Rinna wiping down a hotel room but the toenails is just an iconic moment that deserves constant and repeated derision. 

If you want to get a taste of what the reunion would look like if Lisa attended just check out the current reunion episode of Vanderpump Rules where there are seven people shouting nonstop at James Kennedy. Lisa tried to interject and stop some of most unfair and egregious attacks as does Flat Iron Tom. None of these worthless bitches would do this for Lisa. She would be a fool to subject herself to this. As would Camille who would be a secondary target. Let them fight amongst themselves and let’s see how much fun that will be!

Love this post.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

That doesn't read true for me. Vanderpump has always had a tell (several, actually). She didn't display any of those at all during this season. 

Here's what I think her 'tell' is: Chin in, eyes wide, "Why would you think I ________?" blink blink blink (In this case "be upset with Dorit?")

4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

The idea of "setting someone up" has never really gelled for me. Especially when that someone is supposed to be VDP. I just don't see where the satisfaction lies. It doesn't make sense for her to try and pull anything like that knowing that these women come for her at every turn. There are no benefits from something like that and definitely not for LVP. So what would be the point? 

Plus, I just don't think true snark and gossip works that way. I think shit happens in the moment and then goes from there. 

I agree with you on that.  I don't think Lisa thinks of it that way.  She just wants others to be upset on her behalf, while she acts unbothered and makes British humor digs.  (Last year she was pissed about Dorit's attitude for the magazine shoot - the little guy in charge acted upset, which made Lisa feel good and she denied being annoyed herself, and then acted like a bitch (Britishly humorously, of course) when Dorit came to her birthday party and gave her a gift.  There was no "set-up", Dorit just received her just desserts for acting like a bitch when Lisa was trying to give her the magazine spread.)

When I did my student teaching in a high school, there was a clan of siblings and cousins, and if one of them got yelled at or in trouble, the whole gang would stay home the next day.  My cooperating teacher called it "teaching us a lesson" 😄   I don't think LVP is in to set-ups; she is into teaching lessons.  

And I agree also about true snark and gossip - but if this show were true they'd all go hang out with their own friends and people they like who like them - so there is a level of artificiality about all this that we can't get past 🙂 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, TVFANNO1 said:

Just going back to the 'outing of Taylor'. I honestly believe that Lisa didn't want to bring it to the forefront as coming from her - because she knew that Taylor wasn't on good terms with her.   Lisa saw through Taylor at the beginning at the airport (the comment from Kyle about why did they want to see Camille in Hawai if Kelsey wasn't there), Lisa, IMO knew the it was Taylor that told Camille.

Taylor didn't invite LVP to that woman presentation thing - and Taylor thought she was getting above herself with the Laptop image (ha ha laughed my head off at that one).   I honestly think that Lisa might have thought it would be better coming from one of the other women - it couldn't have come from Kyle because Kyle was Taylor's 'best friend'.   

Love this post.

I agree as well. And Lisa did seem completely gobsmacked at how intensely emotional Taylor was at the idea that Lisa didn't consider Taylor a friend. Lisa was genuinely dismayed at Taylor's unease and looks downright mortified that she has caused Taylor to feel this way especially since Lisa was unaware that Taylor was receiving their interactions that strongly. I too was completely confused with Taylor's breakdown over Lisa V.  

I think that was the same Camille decided to drop the bomb or was that an episode or so after? So yes, it may have been topic of discussion but I definitely wouldn't have been surprised if Lisa said something along the lines of "this really should be address but it can't come from me considering Taylor's feeling about me". 

When Camille tried to throw Lisa under the bus I think Lisa was like "oh no, you ain't dragging me into this" Cause as I recall when Camille dropped the bomb she did it, not as "hey Taylor we want to be here for you, we know what's going on honey" but during a conflict moment about what they do and don't talk about on camera so ummmm if I was Lisa I would have back the hell away from that too. 

• Love 6
(edited)
28 minutes ago, princelina said:

Here's what I think her 'tell' is: Chin in, eyes wide, "Why would you think I ________?" blink blink blink (In this case "be upset with Dorit?")

I agree with you on that.  I don't think Lisa thinks of it that way.  She just wants others to be upset on her behalf, while she acts unbothered and makes British humor digs.  (Last year she was pissed about Dorit's attitude for the magazine shoot - the little guy in charge acted upset, which made Lisa feel good and she denied being annoyed herself, and then acted like a bitch (Britishly humorously, of course) when Dorit came to her birthday party and gave her a gift.  There was no "set-up", Dorit just received her just desserts for acting like a bitch when Lisa was trying to give her the magazine spread.)

When I did my student teaching in a high school, there was a clan of siblings and cousins, and if one of them got yelled at or in trouble, the whole gang would stay home the next day.  My cooperating teacher called it "teaching us a lesson" 😄   I don't think LVP is in to set-ups; she is into teaching lessons.  

And I agree also about true snark and gossip - but if this show were true they'd all go hang out with their own friends and people they like who like them - so there is a level of artificiality about all this that we can't get past 🙂 

I could sign on to that...sort of. But yeah, I think that is as far as it goes. It's when the other women want to go on and on and turn Lisa's snarkiness into some huge operation that involves tricking the other women into "doing her dirty work for her". I think Lisa has a bitchy side but I don't think she decides she's going to ruin someone and then proceeds with some elaborate plan like the others obsess about. Quite frankly I find that to be outrageously obsurd.

Basically the women hate it when they are on Lisa's bad side cause she's pretty good at giving you a lashing and I'll agree it must be uncomfortable to be punished like a school age child but once Lisa has gotten it out of her system and has made you squirm a bit then she's moved on. If you don't like the game then tell her so, let her know that when she's gotten over it without the benefit of being her whipping boy then ya'll can meet for lunch. They are so hard pressed for Lisa's approval and that's where the biggest problem lies. I could give two shits. Erika doesn't care but she does like to join the villagers tho (corny). These women are too timid to stick to their guns so they find strength in numbers then overshoot the target. 

I think they turn all of Lisa's "grudge" situations into more than it needs to be. They are the one's that drag it out. Not Lisa. Sure she pouts but I do believe she does get over shit and tries to move on. It's when the other want to play victim, turning THEIR wrong doing into something Lisa should apologize for or feel badly about is when it turns into a season long witch hunt on Lisa.

It's gotten so damn predictable and boring.  

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I could sign on to that...sort of. But yeah, I think that is as far as it goes. It's when the other women want to go on and on and turn Lisa's snarkiness into some huge operation that involves tricking the other women into "doing her dirty work for her". I think Lisa has a bitchy side but I don't think she decides she's going to ruin someone and then proceeds with some elaborate plan like the others obsess about. Quite frankly I find that to be outrageously obsurd.

Basically the women hate it when they are on Lisa's bad side cause she's pretty good at giving you a lashing and I'll agree it must be uncomfortable to be punished like a school age child but once Lisa has gotten it out of her system and has made you squirm a bit then she's moved on. If you don't like the game then tell her so, let her know that when she's gotten over it without the benefit of being her whipping boy then ya'll can meet for lunch. They are so hard pressed for Lisa's approval and that's where the biggest problem lies. I could give two shits. Erika doesn't care but she does like to join the villagers tho (corny). These women are too timid to stick to their guns so they find strength in numbers then overshoot the target. 

I think they turn all of Lisa's "grudge" situations into more than it needs to be. They are the one's that drag it out. Not Lisa. Sure she pouts but I do believe she does get over shit and tries to move on. It's when the other want to play victim, turning THEIR wrong doing into something Lisa should apologize for or feel badly about is when it turns into a season long witch hunt on Lisa.

It's gotten so damn predictable and boring.  

I agree with most of this - I have never thought that Lisa was so clever and 'manipulative' - she's just smarter than the rest of them 😄 (This is not PC but my brother has a saying - "It's like being the tallest m*****"). The only thing I disagree with is Lisa getting over grudges - when Rinna laughed along with her (and even gave her her false eyelashes!) LVP was loving the heck out of that and wasn't ever going to stop.  Rinna is a shit-stirrer for sure, but in previous seasons she put up with a lot of British humor directed at her.  So I see where her glee this season is coming from.  Not that I like her behavior now, nor do I think it's justified.  And it's hard to say, "Get back to me when you're over it" when the response to that would be, "Why would you think I am _____?"  (blink blink)

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, princelina said:

I agree with most of this - I have never thought that Lisa was so clever and 'manipulative' - she's just smarter than the rest of them 😄 (This is not PC but my brother has a saying - "It's like being the tallest m*****"). The only thing I disagree with is Lisa getting over grudges - when Rinna laughed along with her (and even gave her her false eyelashes!) LVP was loving the heck out of that and wasn't ever going to stop.  Rinna is a shit-stirrer for sure, but in previous seasons she put up with a lot of British humor directed at her.  So I see where her glee this season is coming from.  Not that I like her behavior now, nor do I think it's justified.  And it's hard to say, "Get back to me when you're over it" when the response to that would be, "Why would you think I am _____?"  (blink blink)

I'm just saying that instead of just handling whatever stuff is happening head on they give life to this ridiculous "off with your head" narrative when describing Lisa. It ain't for all that. I think their constant harping on how big a deal Lisa makes things (she actually doesn't) is what makes it a big thing. 

• Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, TVFANNO1 said:

When that episode first aired the thing that got me was Kyle saying about how if you mistreat a dog how that will go down.  She was bringing it to the forefront and making it worse than it should have been .  I don't understand how the other women, when watching back don't see these things.

Funny, when I rewatch that ep I see Teddi and John Sessa obviously sideswiped and confused by LVP's "Stop" when the ball is barely starting to roll. This is after LVP herself goes towards the back with Sessa alone and retrieves Lucy to bring forward to the group. Why would she even allow that to begin with if she didn't want any mention of it on camera? 

If you read through Blizzard's texts, Ken was having issue with how the information would get out but LVP definitely didn't care. That, IMO, is why Ken is so invested and involved. He wasn't into the plan from the jump, but it was too late, and so even though LVP tried to play innocent, Teddi wasn't having it. And now Ken is trying desperately to help his wife play damage control. 

One of the things that has been glossed over is at Camille's 50th, you hear Rinna then Teddi confirm that LVP told them in the Bahamas that Ken said there are no texts. That's where Teddi didn't play things properly. She didn't want all the texts shown because she didn't want to look like the bad guy calling Dorit names and bing involved in the plot. But she allowed the other bad guys to get ahead of it, printing the texts, showing only the ones that benefited their narrative, and setting up an obviously manufactured scene with John Blizzard, whom apparently we should only believe when LVP says we should. And if John Blizzard saying he put words in LVP's mouth is so gospel, why didn't LVP mention that to anybody else? Because it was only for the audience's sake. Like everything else LVP does. 

The other thing my bullshit meter dings at: when Teddi and LVP are in the bedroom in the Bahamas and Teddi tells LVP that she had Blizzard tell Teddi, LVP's dramatic and drawn out "Nooooooooo" just screams of caught in a lie. 

Edited by PerPlexied
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, PerPlexied said:

Funny, when I rewatch that ep I see Teddi and John Sessa obviously sideswiped and confused by LVP's "Stop" when the ball is barely starting to roll. This is after LVP herself goes towards the back with Sessa alone and retrieves Lucy to bring forward to the group. Why would she even allow that to begin with if she didn't want any mention of it on camera? 

If you read through Blizzard's texts, Ken was having issue with how the information would get out but LVP definitely didn't care. That, IMO, is why Ken is so invested and involved. He wasn't into the plan from the jump, but it was too late, and so even though LVP tried to play innocent, Teddi wasn't having it. And now Ken is trying desperately to help his wife play damage control. 

One of the things that has been glossed over is at Camille's 50th, you hear Rinna then Teddi confirm that LVP told them in the Bahamas that Ken said there are no texts. That's where Teddi didn't play things properly. She didn't want all the texts shown because she didn't want to look like the bad guy calling Dorit names and bing involved in the plot. But she allowed the other bad guys to get ahead of it, printing the texts, showing only the ones that benefited their narrative, and setting up an obviously manufactured scene with John Blizzard, whom apparently we should only believe when LVP says we should. And if John Blizzard saying he put words in LVP's mouth is so gospel, why didn't LVP mention that to anybody else? Because it was only for the audience's sake. Like everything else LVP does. 

The other thing my bullshit meter dings at: when Teddi and LVP are in the bedroom in the Bahamas and Teddi tells LVP that she had Blizzard tell Teddi, LVP's dramatic and drawn out "Nooooooooo" just screams of caught in a lie. 

LVP tried several times to shut the Lucy talk down at VDPDs.  Teddi is the one who brought it up repeatedly, first by asking "Is that her?" to John Sessa and then after being shut down multiple times, once they came forward to the seating area, Teddi asked her daughter if she recognized the dog, which gave Kyle the opening to ask again what was going on and let the story come tumbling out.  And later Kyle says she had already seen the texts prior to going in that day.  

LVP also said that when the conversation happened with Ken trying to shut any talk down and protect Dorit and PK, it was a fight between John Sessa and Ken.  At that time, LVP was focused on making sure that they got Lucy back and that she didn't remain at the shelter, and at that point she said "I don't care who you tell (as in, she didn't care who John told), let's just make sure the dog is safe"  That wasn't her giving orders to go tell everyone, it was her making her priority for the dog's safety clear.  Covering for Dorit and PK wasn't on her radar at that point, she was worried about the dog, period.  John Blizzard, who texted Teddi, wasn't there for that conversation.

• Love 10