Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: The Ultimate Ultimatum

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, princelina said:

Whether or not the PeeKaaays can afford the fine is immaterial; it should have been imposed and the fact that it was not makes the shelter look bad.

I believe a few seasons ago she THd about her desire to "fist" them.  In a classy, British humor way of course.

And it's why LVP looks like she's full of shit.  IMO of course.

because Erika had been reprimanded last season for not behaving appropriately upon the death of Pink Dog.  (Sorry, but 😂). So she was saving proof this year.  Whether or not anyone here agrees it was the appropriate response is not the point; the point is that Erika thought it was and knew in advance that she would be called out for it.

Yet the trip to the Bahamas began with Lisa swanning onto the airplane Dorit had arranged, acting put out when Dorit wanted Lisa to be the one to share her big suite, and complaining to the others that it would suck because Dorit snored.  Clearly the trip didn't go how she had planned . . .

I don't understand why the stuff I posted makes it look like Lisa is full of shit. What is she FOS about? Not fining Dorit? I feel like after all has been said and done and after all the stories have been told, it's pretty clear now that Lisa didn't leak the story. Not that I would care at all if she did.

Re: the Bahamas: Not everyone gets or enjoys Lisa's jokes, but she was clearly joking about not wanting to share a room with the snoring (and gassy), Dorit -- as she did end up sharing the suite with Dorit, right?

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Which “she”? I’d definitely say it didn’t go how Dorit planned because... Jasmine Lennard.

Andy (again) mentioned this video the other night on WWHL and made it clear that most of the questions for Dorit were about this video. He also said that HE wants to talk to Dorit about it. I’m still perplexed by why the producers didn’t air this footage. 

I saw a clip of Dorit on WWHL responding to a question about this! Despite being legally obliged to not discuss it, Dorit is apparently very comfortable with her legal position. And she really, really wants to discuss it, but darned courts. Sure, Jan. 😉

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Jel said:

I don't understand why the stuff I posted makes it look like Lisa is full of shit. What is she FOS about? Not fining Dorit? I feel like after all has been said and done and after all the stories have been told, it's pretty clear now that Lisa didn't leak the story. Not that I would care at all if she did.

Re: the Bahamas: Not everyone gets or enjoys Lisa's jokes, but she was clearly joking about not wanting to share a room with the snoring (and gassy), Dorit -- as she did end up sharing the suite with Dorit, right?

IMO Lisa looks FOS because she has acted all along like she couldn't imagine why anyone would think she's upset with Dorit.  And now after weeks of reading through threads about "Dorit the puppy dumper" I'm reading that Lisa never thought she was one at all.  And yes she ended up sharing with Dorit, but her remarks about Dorit's snoring (and gas - yes I'd forgotten those) were clearly meant to embarrass Dorit (and punish her for puppy dumping, IMO) and had things gone according to Lisa's plan, the rest of the 'girls' would have been laughing all weekend at her British Humor and poking at Dorit as well.  But LVP certainly deserved the presidential suite, or whatever it was!  She wasn't going to turn that down, even if she had planned to insult her hostess the whole week!

13 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Which “she”? I’d definitely say it didn’t go how Dorit planned because... Jasmine Lennard.

Andy (again) mentioned this video the other night on WWHL and made it clear that most of the questions for Dorit were about this video. He also said that HE wants to talk to Dorit about it. I’m still perplexed by why the producers didn’t air this footage. 

Haha I'm sure you know I meant LVP - but you are correct, the trip didn't go how either of them had planned 😄 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, princelina said:

IMO Lisa looks FOS because she has acted all along like she couldn't imagine why anyone would think she's upset with Dorit.  And now after weeks of reading through threads about "Dorit the puppy dumper" I'm reading that Lisa never thought she was one at all.  And yes she ended up sharing with Dorit, but her remarks about Dorit's snoring (and gas - yes I'd forgotten those) were clearly meant to embarrass Dorit (and punish her for puppy dumping, IMO) and had things gone according to Lisa's plan, the rest of the 'girls' would have been laughing all weekend at her British Humor and poking at Dorit as well.  But LVP certainly deserved the presidential suite, or whatever it was!  She wasn't going to turn that down, even if she had planned to insult her hostess the whole week!

Haha I'm sure you know I meant LVP - but you are correct, the trip didn't go how either of them had planned 😄 

Just to be clear, Princelina, when you say, "And now after weeks of reading through threads about "Dorit the puppy dumper" I'm reading that Lisa never thought she was one at all. " are you suggesting that something has changed? Haven't posters in this forum always been clear about what they thought about Dorit's behavior -- from the first episode people in this forum were posting their disgust. 

As for Lisa, the only thing I know for sure is what she has said publicly (and repeatedly): that she didn't think Dorit had any bad intent. She's still saying that, even now.

• Love 9
On 4/30/2019 at 8:36 PM, missyb said:

UGH to Erika sitting there with her smug shit eating look while stage momming Dorit into keeping on narrative. 

On 4/30/2019 at 9:25 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

That argument was better than I predicted it’d be.

Kenny (hee, hee!) is fiercely loyal to LVP.

PK disagrees with D’oh!rit, uses a disapproving tone. 

Was LVP using a knife and fork on her sashimi?

I enjoy when D’oh!rit loses her temper. It’s much more entertaining than when she just acts shocked and hurt.

It was nigiri, but the point still stands, LVP is a monster.  I can overlook all the other crap that people are down on her about, but eating sushi with a knife and fork is where I draw the line.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:26 PM, njbchlover said:

Dorit's kids are what - 5 and 2?  How can two little kids pressure you into getting a dog?  I get wanting to give your kids what they want, but seriously?  That's a load of nonsense - you, as a parent, can tell your kids that age "no" and they will move on to the next thing in a few hours.  

I'm still convinced that Dorit wanted to garner favor with LVP (OR - PK did), so that's why they adopted from Vanderpump Dogs.  When Maddie and Lucy didn't turn out to be the perfect "accessory" dog, the Kemsleys got tired of them and didn't want them anymore.  

If either of those dogs had bitten her children, why wasn't Dorit more angry about it or more outraged in this after show clip?  She seemed so rehearsed and controlled and basically, more upset over the fact that she feels she did nothing wrong than the fact that her kids were "bitten".

As soon as she said "the next Giggy" her motivation for getting a dog was revealed.  

20 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I rewound that scene.  The dog didn't even hike his leg that high!  It appeared that he just left a puddle on the ground.  I don't think it got the marble.  Having said that though, I do find it rude to let one's dog run around a business like that.  I see people do this at Lowes (garden center, usually) and that's not the place for non-service type of dogs.

Sorry for the 3 separate posts!  I'm having trouble with posting this morning.  Ugh.

It is so bad at the West LA Costco that they had to put this sign at the door (sorry for bad pic) and there are still so many dogs in there sometimes that it's hard to shop.  The problem is compounded by assholes with small dogs on those retractable leashes out at full extension -- who does that in a store???  I love dogs, but I'm already aggro when I'm at Costco from dealing with all the sample lollygaggers and people on their phones and families that are spread across the entire aisle so you can't get past, I don't also need to be dodging dogs on long line leashes.

20181228_200305_small.thumb.jpg.513d153d46bf39148931fc6c0b4d9dcc.jpg

13 hours ago, Jel said:

UPDATE: Bravo uploaded the clip to YouTube, so watch away, Canadians!:

There's absolutely nothing in this that changes anything -- still the same old Dorit gave the dog to some woman she didn't know; Dorit behaved irresponsibly. This "lovely woman" had a family emergency and had to travel, so she....(record scratch sound) ...dropped the dog off at a shelter!?  Any dog owners  in the house? I mean, when we travel, we have a dog sitter. 

In Beverly Hills, when we dump a dog, we always dump it with a "lovely woman"

People do drop their dogs off at the pound or put them to sleep when having them ceases to be convenient, but those people are pieces of shit and not "lovely women with lovely homes".  I have a friend that is dealing with the catastrophic illness of a small child.  Her large size dog was too much for her currently delicate child, so she had to figure out what to do.  All of her time is being spent either at the hospital or caring for her sick child when they are allowed to be home, but she still managed to find friends to temporarily house her dog rather than just dumping her at the pound or a shelter.  People that love their pets figure it out.

8 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I think Kyle needs another baby. Is she too old for that? It will force Portia to grow up, since clearly Kyle wants to keep her a baby forever.

Then what is Kyle going to do when she's 60 an it's time for that new baby to grow up?

8 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

Dorit is such a fake, accent and all the hair. A person who keeps changing their hair is unclear about who they are. I know- been there done that.  Everyone on the show thinks it.    

Sometimes changing it up is just fun and if you can why not?  I've got a new color all the time.  My hair is healthy and can take it and I have fun doing it.

6 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

What I truly found the most strange about this episode is Sophia flying home to the other side of the country simply so she could be in the Umansky family Christmas card. I understand they have the money but it is a loooong flight, especially if you only have the weekend between classes. Although knowing Kyle the Christmas card is far more important than academics.

I assumed she was coming home anyway so Kyle just took advantage of her being home and scheduled the photo shoot.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

I really don't care for Teddi.  She's a sneaky liar and a trouble-maker.  She played the innocent, down-to-earth act last season, but the true colors are coming out.  Why do Kyle and Teddi think they can talk shit about Dorit's husband?  Teddi should STFU and Kyle already said her piece.  Dorit scolded her husband at the time and in private, but Kyle is still giving her shit about it. Dorit is not her husband.

I wouldn't put it past another cast member of a producer of the show to have given the dog story to radar online to try to pin it on Lisa, but regardless, I agree with her - why would anyone want to be her friend if they think she's a liar?

I usually like Kyle, but I'm not really caring for her this season.  She is just rubbing me the wrong way being rude and self-centered.  How dare she go into someone's home and call them a liar?  

Camille is probably not going to like her edit this season -- it's not flattering at all.

Denise is a bore to me, Rinna is Rinna and Erika is cool.

• Love 13
On 4/30/2019 at 8:57 PM, RealHousewife said:

I don't believe in blind loyalty. If my friend swore on her children's life, I would believe her though, and I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who sold a story about me either.

What I do wonder about Lisa, is why she said she didn't properly read the article or contact Dorit.  

Someone swearing on anyone’s life is a red flag for me. It’s almost like it’s a go to because how can people not believe you when you swear on someone you love. I guess because I’ve seen a few people swear on their kids, parents and even themselves and it was proven they were lying through their teeth. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I know I’m going to be scolded about this, but I HATE being in a place with food and there’s a dog there. I understand people love their dogs, but it’s so inconsiderate to those who don’t want or have dogs around them. I’m funny about eating food from people with pets anyway so I know it’s just a pet peeve of mines.

• Love 11

Amazing how binge watching 7 seasons of GoT seemed shorter than any episode this season of RHoBH. Anyway, finally watched this episode and here are my thoughts if anyone really cares;

Lisa and Erika - FF, double FF, triple FF

Kyle's family photo shoot - see Lisa and Erika

Teddi - see Lisa and Erika

Denise and Camille - Camille does talk too much, not that she's totally wrong with what she's saying but c'mon, you ladies love to KISS each other so Keep It Simple Stupid!

Lisa and Dorit - I loved watching Dorit squirm. Even her husband, who is uber greasy and I don't normally like, has been on point about this situation (re comment to Kyle last episode and this episode). Why should Dorit's opinion or feelings trump Lisa's? If Dorit wants Lisa to believe her when Dorit says "But I love you, blah blah bla." why shouldn't Dorit believe Lisa when she says she didn't plant the story? Why would Lisa want to be friends with someone who's going to not only throw her under the bus, but pile people on, and back up and drive forward a bajillion times? Proof; she went and reported to all the mean girls at dinner.  Dorit is a hypocrite and I don't blame Lisa for not wanting her as a friend. I wouldn't. I don't think anyone would.

• Love 14

Dorit, in this episode, said to Lisa why can't we agree to disagree on this.  Kyle used the same wording in an interview posted on her thread. 

I find this so bizarre.  They are not talking about a subject upon which one would agree to disagree.  The subject is- Lisa schemed to hurt Dorit then lied about it.  Why would Lisa agree to disagree on this, and then move on happily. 

Why would anyone do this?  She'd be agreeing to sit there and shop and dine and travel with someone who thinks she's a person of poor character and integrity.  Life is too short, and she already has fame and money, so she doesn't need to agree to those terms so that she can be on the show.  And she already told us in the Bahamas that she is currently acutely aware that life is too short.

I don't blame the other women for thinking she's behind this.  I don't, but hey, they are there and they know her better than I do, so they're entitled to think she is behind it.  It's just bizarre that they think that they should be thinking it and saying it while still hanging out with Lisa as a friend.

• Love 22

One more thing- this is not just what they are thinking.  It's what they are saying on TV.

I can't imagine how gutted I would feel if I learned that my friends were discussing me on TV and accusing me of having poor character. 

• Love 23
10 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

What I truly found the most strange about this episode is Sophia flying home to the other side of the country simply so she could be in the Umansky family Christmas card. I understand they have the money but it is a loooong flight, especially if you only have the weekend between classes. Although knowing Kyle the Christmas card is far more important than academics.

Maybe it was Thanksgiving weekend - lots of families do their CC shoots then.

• Love 5
On 4/30/2019 at 9:16 PM, nexxie said:

They know Lisa well enough to believe she had something to do with the leak - through her team, if not herself. imo Lisa and Ken are used to bullying people who dare to question them and/or damage their image.

And there you have it! They do it all while disguising some of it as humor. Lisa does the same thing on VPR.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Jel said:

Just to be clear, Princelina, when you say, "And now after weeks of reading through threads about "Dorit the puppy dumper" I'm reading that Lisa never thought she was one at all. " are you suggesting that something has changed? Haven't posters in this forum always been clear about what they thought about Dorit's behavior -- from the first episode people in this forum were posting their disgust. 

As for Lisa, the only thing I know for sure is what she has said publicly (and repeatedly): that she didn't think Dorit had any bad intent. She's still saying that, even now.

I'm a poster who thinks Dorit pretty much dumped the dog.

Like Lisa, I don't think Dorit had bad intent.

I think Dorit dumped the dog because she's irresponsible and can't think farther than her latest hairstyle.

long hair male model GIF by Slingshot Dakota

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
On 4/30/2019 at 10:10 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Maybe I am jaded, but I don't think swearing on your kids' life necessarily means all that much. Just last week, Ramona swore on Avery's life and the editors promptly cut to reveal that she was, in fact, lying.

Ok!!

On 4/30/2019 at 9:54 PM, RealHousewife said:

I know Kyle may seem too much, but when many women in her position would have nannies, and there are so many "regular" parents who don't care what their kids eat, make them be little adults as soon as possible, want them out at 18, or raise kids who end up in all kinds of trouble, I can't personally knock her parenting style. All her kids seem to be doing well, and that is saying something since they are Hollywood kids. They could have ended up like their cousins or the Kardashians, but her girls have had no scandals and go to school. I love how close her family is, and if I were to pick a RH mommy, I'd pick Kyle. 

ITA!

Now, I’m not going to front like I’m not trying to throw my 1 y/o out of our bed though. I want her gone lol. So, I can’t imagine her being 10 in my bed. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, princelina said:

Whether or not the PeeKaaays can afford the fine is immaterial; it should have been imposed and the fact that it was not makes the shelter look bad.

I 100% agree about that. LVP showed leniency because of an existing relationship. She admitted to breaking protocol for her friends - a protocol that is put in place by shelters in the best interests of the animals. This entire thing makes no one look good.

• Love 7
On 4/30/2019 at 10:26 PM, Bronzedog said:

What if Portia never wants to sleep in her own bed?  I mean sooner or later Kyle is not going to be able to carry her around, but, how long does the sleeping together, sock dressing go on?

On another note, if I was one of those workers with Lisa and Ken, I wouldn't have appreciated the dog peeing on something I was going to have to pick up later.

Or something that someone else would buy later. I get the slab is outside, but come on 🤮

• Love 6
On 5/1/2019 at 12:01 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Kyle had a valid point though.

LVP and Ken have been on this show for 10 years? Not once have we seen a shot of Dorit & PK in the background of any of these parties they've been together since 2009 or earlier. Or even just PK if according to Dorit , PK's friendship goes back 30 years.

All of my good friends do not know each other -- even ones who live in the same town.  Sometimes, people can roll in different circles.  Some of my friends never crossed paths through me.

• Love 17
(edited)
5 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

I know I’m going to be scolded about this, but I HATE being in a place with food and there’s a dog there. I understand people love their dogs, but it’s so inconsiderate to those who don’t want or have dogs around them. I’m funny about eating food from people with pets anyway so I know it’s just a pet peeve of mines.

People are always surprised a vegan could feel this way, but I too agree. 

A dog’s mouth being cleaner than a human’s is a myth, and people food can be harmful to them. Dogs are healthier eating dog food. I think animals need to be treated with kindness, but I don’t treat them as though they’re human. Imo they should have their own bowls, not eat off people plates, shouldn’t be taken everywhere, and dog fears/allergies are legitimate things that need to be taken into account.

A dog will poo then lick its own butt. I would never take one and let it drink out of a friend’s expensive champagne glass, take it to a bridal shop, etc. No matter how cute or how much you love them, a dog is a dog. YMMV.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 17

Dorito is an idiot.  Yeah, sure, she wants to be friends with Lisa and maintain their relationship but only if Lisa apologizes for something that Lisa swears on her kids' lives she didn't do.   I hate to be in PK's corner (or PK's anything) but I'm with him on this.  You take you friend's word, if there's nothing more than gossip, and move forward (albeit maybe cautiously.)  

I love how Ken is so fiercely loyal to Lisa.  Come hell or high water, he's going to protect her.

Loved seeing Kyle's house and Kyle's dogs.  I personally think attachment parenting is ridiculous.  So Kyle and Mauricio have pretty much had a child sleeping in their bed with them throughout their entire marriage?  Well, that sounds healthy (insert major sarcasm.)  I myself don't believe in having your child sleep with you on a regular basis and certainly not at the age of 10!  Why does Portia even had a bed in her room?  It obviously is only used for her to drape herself over and stare at the tray Kyle makes for her.  Don't get me wrong - - I think in general Kyle is a good mom but this just isn't healthy.  (And neither is phoning your college-attending daughter 3 times a day.) 

The cheese may stand alone but it bothered me that Portia didn't eat breakfast and she wasn't really encouraged to.  Didn't we see an episode in the last season or two where Portia was picking over her food?   I'd be super concerned that she could be setting herself up for an eating disorder (especially in a place like BH.)  

I still love Denise.  She seems like the cool girl Erika wants us to believe she is.  Denise is also extremely low key and low maintenance (which Erika most definitely is NOT.)  Don't think I didn't notice that at Teddi's cocktail hour, Denise showed up in jeans versus trying to glam it up.  She probably will enjoy the camping while the others will be screeching about how rough it's going to be.  

Camille didn't come off well during her lunch with Denise, even if what she was saying was true.  I still wish they would film at her house though - - she had the best fashion and real estate when she was a regular. 

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Dorito is an idiot.  Yeah, sure, she wants to be friends with Lisa and maintain their relationship but only if Lisa apologizes for something that Lisa swears on her kids' lives she didn't do.   I hate to be in PK's corner (or PK's anything) but I'm with him on this.  You take you friend's word, if there's nothing more than gossip, and move forward (albeit maybe cautiously.) 

Loved seeing Kyle's house and Kyle's dogs.  I personally think attachment parenting is ridiculous.  So Kyle and Mauricio have pretty much had a child sleeping in their bed with them throughout their entire marriage?  Well, that sounds healthy (insert major sarcasm.)  I myself don't believe in having your child sleep with you on a regular basis and certainly not at the age of 10!  Why does Portia even had a bed in her room?  It obviously is only used for her to drape herself over and stare at the tray Kyle makes for her.  Don't get me wrong - - I think in general Kyle is a good mom but this just isn't healthy.  (And neither is phoning your college-attending daughter 3 times a day.) 

The cheese may stand alone but it bothered me that Portia didn't eat breakfast and she wasn't really encouraged to.  Didn't we see an episode in the last season or two where Portia was picking over her food?   I'd be super concerned that she could be setting herself up for an eating disorder (especially in a place like BH.) 

I could be remembering it incorrectly but I don't think Dorit was demanding an apology from LVP in order for them to move past the issue. I got the impression that Dorit was trying to say ' I love you so let's agree to disagree and move on' though, at the crux of it, this isn't exactly an 'agree to disagree' kind of disagreement.

Kyle's property is gorgeous but I didn't really pay attention to the decor. I remember seeing some of the sketches Faye put together for the home and didn't like them...maybe I should see if she has any updated pictures of the home since she moved into it. The architecture and landscaping is stunning and even though it's such a big home and property, it still has a homey and humble look to it.  Also, I think Kyle did ask Portia to eat something so she started nibbling on something from the tray and at that point, Kyle started putting on her socks because she was moving too fast. I get the concern because of the BH atmosphere but being that age, and even as an adult, I can relate. I can't eat soon after waking up. My brain needs time to process that I want food and if I eat before that point, I feel queasy. It seems like Kyle let Portia sleep as late as she possibly could so maybe she just was not in the mental state to eat because she had to rush to get ready for school. As long as she's got a solid mid-morning snack before lunch, she should be fine. Kyle doesn't so much stress about her body so I'm inclined to think that Portia wouldn't be developing those pressures from seeing a bad example in her mother (and possibly sisters) but I do acknowledge that a lot of times, external pressures are enough. I think it's a concern with any kid growing up in that culture that they don't succumb to deep rooted insecurities in the way they look and how they should look in order to receive compliments and be accepted.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I could be remembering it incorrectly but I don't think Dorit was demanding an apology from LVP in order for them to move past the issue. I got the impression that Dorit was trying to say ' I love you so let's agree to disagree and move on' though, at the crux of it, this isn't exactly an 'agree to disagree' kind of disagreement.

I do agree with this, I don't think that Dorit was asking for an apology. I also think she made a good point that LVP should have called Dorit before she ran to TMZ. And that's why I end up not believing LVP's protestations because she can't even concede that yes, she should have called Dorit up to deny it to her before calling TMZ. 

That being said, I also agree that it isn't a "agree to disagree" kind of conflict, though I can also understand the point of view that says, "I don't see this as the kind of thing that should end a friendship."

The thing is, I find Dorit pretentious and annoying - the way that she defended her useless husband to Kyle is a good example of why I dislike her. But IMO, she handled herself pretty well against both LVP and Ken, particularly when they got into The Great-and-Powerful Vanderpumps mode.

• Love 3

Watching this episode, and this season makes me miss the old days when Tuesday at 9 pm was a little treat I had each week, with a nice glass of red wine and a little bowl of deluxe mixed nuts. Oh, the glam!

Now it's Tuesday, 9 pm, Jack and Coke and a bag of jalapeno cheetos.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I do agree with this, I don't think that Dorit was asking for an apology. I also think she made a good point that LVP should have called Dorit before she ran to TMZ. And that's why I end up not believing LVP's protestations because she can't even concede that yes, she should have called Dorit up to deny it to her before calling TMZ. 

That being said, I also agree that it isn't a "agree to disagree" kind of conflict, though I can also understand the point of view that says, "I don't see this as the kind of thing that should end a friendship."

The thing is, I find Dorit pretentious and annoying - the way that she defended her useless husband to Kyle is a good example of why I dislike her. But IMO, she handled herself pretty well against both LVP and Ken, particularly when they got into The Great-and-Powerful Vanderpumps mode.

There is no account of LVP 'calling' TMZ. The information we are given suggests that she was approached by TMZ outside of Vanderpump Dogs after the Radar story was leaked. Maybe she did call them to the shelter but there is no evidence of that. If they approached her, I don't see why she would have to pause the questions to call Dorit or worse, say 'no comment' which at that moment would only fuel the Radar story. She didn't say anything to TMZ that corroborated the Radar article. I also don't see the value in her leaking the story as an anonymous source only to come out herself and deny what was said in the Radar piece. Being that the Radar piece insinuated friction between the two, given that the Radar accused her of dumping a dog at a kill shelter and what not, what validity does the Radar article have once the OWNER of the shelter and friend noted in the Radar article comes out and says the article is basically BS? If LVP did all of that only to use it against Dorit in the future, LVP would have outed herself at some point.

I don't didn't see the 'mode' you are referring to. Ken and Lisa weren't asking for an apology from Dorit either. They were setting their boundaries and they are within their right to do so. If LVP is innocent of the accusation lobbed against her, she has every right to be upset when her 'friend' doesn't believe her denials. And she has every right to deduce the true value of the friendship if there is no basis trust there. I just don't see it as being consistent to be able to value Dorit's position on the friendship moving forward but not valuing LVP's position on the friendship moving forward. Both were well within their rights in how they handled the situation.

• Love 17
11 hours ago, Jel said:

I'm not clear at all - it was in this thread that people started saying she didn't dump the puppy and I didn't get it.  I'm not going to look back for it now because to be honest I don't care that much, but I wondered when I read it.

3 hours ago, dosodog said:

I'm a poster who thinks Dorit pretty much dumped the dog.

Like Lisa, I don't think Dorit had bad intent.

I think Dorit dumped the dog because she's irresponsible and can't think farther than her latest hairstyle.

I agree that she probably didn't have bad intent.  She still violated the contract, was let go without being fined because she was friends with the owner, and they all look bad because of it.  And I don't believe that LVP was as unbothered as she claims.  It is my opinion that if the ladies hadn't all turned on her, LVP would be giving Dorit snide remarks for the entire season to show her displeasure.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

There is no account of LVP 'calling' TMZ. The information we are given suggests that she was approached by TMZ outside of Vanderpump Dogs after the Radar story was leaked. Maybe she did call them to the shelter but there is no evidence of that. If they approached her, I don't see why she would have to pause the questions to call Dorit or worse, say 'no comment' which at that moment would only fuel the Radar story. She didn't say anything to TMZ that corroborated the Radar article. I also don't see the value in her leaking the story as an anonymous source only to come out herself and deny what was said in the Radar piece. Being that the Radar piece insinuated friction between the two, given that the Radar accused her of dumping a dog at a kill shelter and what not, what validity does the Radar article have once the OWNER of the shelter and friend noted in the Radar article comes out and says the article is basically BS? If LVP did all of that only to use it against Dorit in the future, LVP would have outed herself at some point.

All of which would have been very reasonable for LVP to say to Dorit! Instead, she just glared at her because Dorit dared to not change her mind. 

FWIW, in my mind, it was completely reasonable for Dorit to expect some kind of contact from LVP after the Radar story - even if it wasn't a denial. LVP's silence speaks volumes, to me. And Dorit's question as to why LVP spoke to TMZ before speaking to her was also very reasonable.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

All of which would have been very reasonable for LVP to say to Dorit! Instead, she just glared at her because Dorit dared to not change her mind. 

FWIW, in my mind, it was completely reasonable for Dorit to expect some kind of contact from LVP after the Radar story - even if it wasn't a denial. LVP's silence speaks volumes, to me. And Dorit's question as to why LVP spoke to TMZ before speaking to her was also very reasonable.

So  Dorit does the wrong thing by “giving the dog away” but Lisa is suppose to call her regarding a tabloid story? Why?  Now that makes no sense.

Also since Lisa always said she felt Dorit didn’t have I’ll intent it does make sense she would say that to tmz after the radar story came out.

• Love 19
41 minutes ago, princelina said:

I'm not clear at all - it was in this thread that people started saying she didn't dump the puppy and I didn't get it.  I'm not going to look back for it now because to be honest I don't care that much, but I wondered when I read it.

I agree that she probably didn't have bad intent.  She still violated the contract, was let go without being fined because she was friends with the owner, and they all look bad because of it.  And I don't believe that LVP was as unbothered as she claims.  It is my opinion that if the ladies hadn't all turned on her, LVP would be giving Dorit snide remarks for the entire season to show her displeasure.

Okay, I think I know what you mean. For the first time, yesterday, I saw a post that said that Dorit wasn't a doggy dumper (words to that effect). I don't think that is in any way representative of the majority opinion around here though.  Lisa has not said Dorit is a dog dumper, but lots of PTVers have. Even Lisa fans (like me) don't agree with her about everything. 😉

We agree that the RO story puts VPD in a bad light. That's a big part of the reason why I think Lisa did not leak the story.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

The world is a giant unsanitary place and would still be without dogs.

Things I've learned to accept:

1.  There is always some sort of body waste in any water I swim in.  I was supposed to go swimming with a kindergarten class this week, but we couldn’t because someone pooped in the pool.

2.  Fruits, vegetables, anything not in a wrapper, needs to be washed.  Apples have never been the same since I watched a guy pick his nose, pick up an apple and then PUT IT BACK.  Bleck.

3.  Any time I touch anything in public, chances are someone has touched it before me after they've had their hands somewhere unsanitary. 

4.  If I walk barefoot in grass after a young boy has been in the yard, that may not be morning dew on the grass.....

There's more, but now I have something else to add to it.

5.  Anything I buy outside probably had some kind of animal or insect poop or pee on it.  Be it bird, cockroach, mouse or dog.

I have a dog and cat.  I work with children from kinder to high school.  Kids by far do more unsanitary things.  Humans do incredibly unsanitary things.  On purpose!

Have a great day!  Don't forget the hand sanitizer!

I should NOT have read this while eating lunch!  But, you are spot on on all counts.

• LOL 8
(edited)

I have a beautiful "Pink Lady" apple in front of me for afternoon break. It's going to get a "Silkwood Shower" before I eat it, you can be sure of that.

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

I have a beautiful "Pink Lady" apple in front of me for afternoon break. It's going to get a "Silkwood Shower" before I eat it, you can be sure of that.

OMG. I'm not the only one who uses the term "Silkwood Shower" ha ha ha... thanks for the chuckle - I needed it 😉

How many more episodes of this craptacular season? I mean - they're just now going on a minor getaway - don't they still have the big euro trip to go on? And Camille's wedding? Sigh.

I remember seeing the xmas family photo of the Umansky's and thinking it looked highly photoshopped. Maybe that was a set up for filming - as in, they already had the image, or they photoshopped it, and later filmed the scene... or not. Who knows. I just know the photo itself looked questionable - almost like they puzzle-pieced it together from various photos. Or overly touched it up.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mr. Minor said:

1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

I should NOT have read this while eating lunch!  But, you are spot on on all counts.

Sorry! 

Two more things!

Next time you buy a pepperoni stick or beef jerky at the convenience store, don't put it on the counter! Because parents put babies and toddlers, in diapers, on that very same counter.  And not every store keeps a bleach towel next to the register.

Small children have a hard time NOT sticking their tongue on public drinking fountains while taking a drink.

For the record, I'm not making excuses for Puff dog peeing on someone's future countertop.  It's just that we live in a germ world and it's best to face up to that. 

Otherwise we would all be John Travolta.  Or Howe Mandel.

bubble boy lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, howivesforever said:

So  Dorit does the wrong thing by “giving the dog away” but Lisa is suppose to call her regarding a tabloid story? Why?  Now that makes no sense.

Also since Lisa always said she felt Dorit didn’t have I’ll intent it does make sense she would say that to tmz after the radar story came out.

A person acting badly doesn't give another person carte blanche to also act badly. If Lisa is a). innocent of pushing the story out there and b). concerned about her "friend" Dorit, she would have likely been concerned that a story that does put Dorit in a bad light is suddenly all over the tabloids. That doesn't mean that she has to approve of Dorit's actions. 

If a friend of mine suddenly had a critical spotlight on them, I would reach out to make sure they are okay, even if I didn't approve of their actions in the first place. Because friends are supposed to care about friends, even when those friends make mistakes. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

A person acting badly doesn't give another person carte blanche to also act badly. If Lisa is a). innocent of pushing the story out there and b). concerned about her "friend" Dorit, she would have likely been concerned that a story that does put Dorit in a bad light is suddenly all over the tabloids. That doesn't mean that she has to approve of Dorit's actions. 

If a friend of mine suddenly had a critical spotlight on them, I would reach out to make sure they are okay, even if I didn't approve of their actions in the first place. Because friends are supposed to care about friends, even when those friends make mistakes. 

Sorry still doesn’t make sense to me. Lisa was under no obligation to check on Dorit  because a story came out about what she actually did.

If Dorit felt they were truly friends she would have returned the dog to her friend instead of “giving it to some stranger.”

None of this falls on Lisa. Had Dorit done the right thing in the first place none of the things afterwards would have happened.

• Love 22
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:19 PM, byrd said:

Like I said, she tried it .. Lol !!

Kyle is not interesting nor is her family..

• Love 10

Lisa had a lot of stuff going on her life right then. Maybe Dorit could consider that not everything is about her, and that other people have stuff to deal with as well. I feel like Lisa gets held to a higher standard when it comes to her behavior. 

I

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, howivesforever said:

Sorry still doesn’t make sense to me. Lisa was under no obligation to check on Dorit  because a story came out about what she actually did.

If Dorit felt they were truly friends she would have returned the dog to her friend instead of “giving it to some stranger.”

None of this falls on Lisa. Had Dorit done the right thing in the first place none of the things afterwards would have happened.

I disagree that "none of this falls on Lisa."  Lisa's bad behavior is on Lisa, not on Dorit.  I'm a firm believer that someone doing the wrong thing doesn't mean that all actions in response are acceptable. 

Anyway, Dorit should have followed the contract. And Lisa should have told her from the beginning that she was upset about it, rather than pretending like she wasn't and then using shady tactics to shame Dorit. Had either women behaved like adults at the beginning of this mess, none of this would have happened. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I agree. I understand Lisa being furious a beautiful puppy from her foundation hand-reared by John Sessa wound up in a shelter she thought was a kill shelter. 

If it were me though, I’d still feel awful for my friend. My opinion is that of Lisa’s-that Dorit should have brought the dog back but never thought the dog would be given up by the woman she gave it to and wind up in a shelter of any kind. I’d be horrified if the world thought my friend dropped off a dog at a kill shelter, especially if I heard she started getting threats over it. Two wrongs don’t make a right. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I disagree that "none of this falls on Lisa."  Lisa's bad behavior is on Lisa, not on Dorit.  I'm a firm believer that someone doing the wrong thing doesn't mean that all actions in response are acceptable. 

Anyway, Dorit should have followed the contract. And Lisa should have told her from the beginning that she was upset about it, rather than pretending like she wasn't and then using shady tactics to shame Dorit. Had either women behaved like adults at the beginning of this mess, none of this would have happened. 

Maybe I missed Lisa’s bad behavior? There is absolutely no proof that Lisa did any of the things they are saying.

Lisa and Ken made it clear at the first lunch with the Kemsley’s the dog should have been returned to them and not given away. Lisa also made it clear she didn’t think Dorit had I’ll intentions.

It’s the other ladies Rinna, Kyle and Teddy that seemed to make all of this more than it was.

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, Jel said:

Lisa had a lot of stuff going on her life right then. Maybe Dorit could consider that not everything is about her, and that other people have stuff to deal with as well. I feel like Lisa gets held to a higher standard when it comes to her behavior. 

I

Absolutely , she is held to a higher standards it's because of jealousy ( Rhina) and everything she says or does is held under a microscope or picked to pieces. Whatever it takes to Dethrone LVP is what they will do.  Listen I am not saying that LVP is innocent with her behavior, but she just knows how to fight differently, and she wins by doing absolutely nothing.  LVP lets you put yourself out there and then gives you enough rope to hang yourself. (Kyle)  This happens every season and they just can't see through it.  Gang mentality never works with the fan base, when you go there you will always lose. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

All of my good friends do not know each other -- even ones who live in the same town.  Sometimes, people can roll in different circles.  Some of my friends never crossed paths through me.

I'm at the point where I've known all my friends for so long that I cant' remember who knows each other and who doesn't.

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

A dog’s mouth being cleaner than a human’s is a myth, and people food can be harmful to them. Dogs are healthier eating dog food. I think animals need to be treated with kindness, but I don’t treat them as though they’re human. Imo they should have their own bowls, not eat off people plates, shouldn’t be taken everywhere, and dog fears/allergies are legitimate things that need to be taken into account.

A dog will poo then lick its own butt. I would never take one and let it drink out of a friend’s expensive champagne glass, take it to a bridal shop, etc. No matter how cute or how much you love them, a dog is a dog. YMMV.

I love my dogs.  A lot.  I have one curled up next to me right now.  When I leave the house?  They stay home (mostly).  My neurotic one hates the car so she's more than happy to not go anywhere.  My little shadow always wants to go with me, so occasionally I'll take her if I'm going to the feed store or other dog friendly places or doing some errands that just require me to pick up things and the weather is fine for her to spend 2-3 minutes in the car alone.  But I get super anxious about leaving her in the car, so usually I don't take her on those trips.  What I don't do is try to pretend she's a service dog and plop her gross ass in a grocery cart at Ralph's (seen that lots), or drag her through Nordstrom oblivious to the fact she's shitting everywhere (seen this too).   I hate people.

2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Why does Portia even had a bed in her room?

Meal times.

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

We're not talking days or weeks of no contact after the story broke. Radar released the Dorit story the morning of September 11th and TMZ published LVP's refute of the Radar online article early afternoon on September 12th. The turnaround was really quick between both things happening and truthfully, I know PR damage control when I see it and I think it was in full effect with LVP. I don't think she thought to call Dorit because she recognized the negative spin the story could have on Vanderpump Dogs.  Maybe she thought the TMZ refute would kill two birds with one stone - it would clear Dorit of the accusations made in the Radar article and it would also refocus the attention on Vanderpump Dogs in a positive light. She made sure to state positive VPD practices like microchips in their dogs to ensure they can properly follow-up or have their dogs tracked. She made sure her parting comments to TMZ was to remind them of the work the crew at Vanderpump Dogs have been doing to pass Bill 401. I think LVP's silence was due to the fact that she had no reason to spin it to make it seem like her silence for those 24 hours was in some way a benefit to Dorit because if she couldn't do that, then it would be clear that the story raised other priorities for LVP and Dorit wasn't one of them. But alas, we've all got theories and naturally our theories tend to lean to whatever we think is likely the truth and I've been fully upfront in saying that I don't think LVP's hands are clean when it comes the dog issue overall (mainly to do with Teddi) but I do believe that she didn't leak the story. I just can't convince myself it makes sense so someone else is going to have to present a good reason why it would benefit LVP to expose her shelter like that via the story because I can't think of a good reason.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Jel said:

I

Yes, Lisa had so much going on she couldn't call or even text Dorit but could do an interview with TMZ. 

OK. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

My dog never licks his bottom half.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2