Type keyword(s) to search

Dear Diary: Question Of The Day(s)

Message added by JTMacc99

Reminder:  This isn't a discussion thread.  Either answer the question, or skip it and come back for the next one.   

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, auntlada said:

Two options: 1) Does she ever talk? or 2) Does she ever shut up?

I'm really bad at meeting new people and making small talk, so I tend to be really quiet or chatter nervously and share way too much information.

This is me. I was painfully shy as a child, and while I've gotten better over the years, I still tend to be very reserved when meeting people. 

• Love 6

It’s probably some of those Howives shows that I watch or the 90 Days shows. None of my friends watch them so I have to be aware of my small talk and references to them. “I made it nice” lol. 

Hmmm...I’ll think on this a bit. 

• Love 4

I'll have to go with Heartland, a show I recently discovered on Hulu and have been feverishly bingeing through 11 seasons before my subscription expires. I don't do "nice", and this is just too fucking treacly to be considered anything but tame family entertainment (think one very long Hackmark movie).  I am so ashamed!  ;~)

I must be clinically depressed.  Or soon will be, now that I've destroyed my own street cred.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Mine is Oregon Field Guide.  Admittedly, there is nothing embarrassing about this show.  What is embarrassing is how into this show my husband and I are...  I mean, THIS is our appointment television and we've been known to binge seasons at a time when there is nothing else on and the weather is too icky to get outside.

The show very picturesque...and pedestrian.  However, this clip from the 90s is one I use to try to lure people into watching...

• Love 4

If we're not counting the last 2+ seasons of NY Giants football, then it's probably Common Knowledge on the Game Show Network.

It annoys the crap out of me but I keep watching. It's either because some of the contestants are SO DUMB* that I get my kicks out of yelling at the TV from the other room, or because after the world's easiest questions, they ask questions that nobody could possibly know OR work out using logic.  Which of course, amuses me while simultaneously annoying me.

This crazy show can ask us in what state we can visit Mt. Rushmore and follows that up with "Which of these three things does Martha Stewart recommend for [insert inane household tip here]?"  How the hell would ANYBODY know the answer to some crazy-ass Martha Stewart hot tip she buried on page 138 of the October 2007 issue of Living?

* This is a true story:  I'm in the kitchen, probably preparing dinner and hear from the TV:

Joey Fatone: "A group of lions is called, A. a den, B. a pride, C. a pack?"

Me: "Oh my god."

Contestant: "I'm going to say A. a den"

Me: "OH MY GOD!"

• LOL 5

I watch "American Idol" and "Dancing with the Stars". I'm not embarrassed to watch those shows-I just think they're goofy fun. But I know they can be seen as cheesy and embarrassing to some, so...:p. 

I've also watched some of the court shows sometimes if there isn't much else on. 

• Love 3

Below Deck.  I ask myself why I want to watch people cleaning toilets, making beds, washing windows, etc.  If it's not scenes of housework, it's crew putting on tight shirts, making out, getting drunk and arguing.  Every week the same.

• LOL 4
2 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

...do I want to know what "The Toe Bro" is about :p? 

Probably not 😛 , but...  think Dr Pimple Popper but for feet and foot/toe problems.  More details under cover for the squeamish)

Spoiler

From runaway fungus to ingrown toenails, from odd-protrusions to warts, pincer nails, and strange embedded objects, “The Toe Bro” has seen and treated it all. 

Link to A& TV site.

The Bachelor or Big Brother, although I finally convinced myself to quit watching. Or perhaps I just stopped being able to watch live TV when my son was born. If I still had time to watch, though, I probably would.

• Love 4

I guess I'd have to go with Ridiculousness, although I don't feel guilty about it or anything.  Although Rob Dyrdek has mellowed out he still seems like kind of a dick.  And yet I laugh my head off.  Also, I do feel guilty that I no longer watch World's Dumbest, which a show I used to love.  It was a much better show once upon a time and has kind of disintegrated into something kind of tiresome.

• Love 3
On 10/8/2019 at 6:39 PM, aquarian1 said:

In the past maybe Beastmaster and Cleopatra 2525 would count?  Currently, maybe Dr Pimple Popper and The Toe Bro?

I loved Cleopatra 2525. Everytime I see the show mentioned I start hearing the theme music start playing in my head. This kind of visually crappy video of the intro. I liked She Spies too.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3

I'm like some others who've answered by saying Bravo reality shows. I watch a few and frequently ask myself why I'm watching. It doesn't stop me though unless things get boring or too toxic.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I loved Cleopatra 2525. Everytime I see the show mentioned I start hearing the theme music start playing in my head. This kind of visually crappy video of the intro. I liked She Spies too.

I've never heard of this show, is that little blonde girl supposed to be the Cleopatra? 

DNFYrOXW0AAKbJY.jpg:large

Using the month and date of your birthday, tell us what your Halloween costume will be...

and post the first image that comes up in Google results for that "costume." 

-Sexy Mustache

beauty-blogs-girls-in-the-beauty-departm

• LOL 1
  • Love 4