Type keyword(s) to search

Dear Diary: Question Of The Day(s)

Message added by JTMacc99

Reminder:  This isn't a discussion thread.  Either answer the question, or skip it and come back for the next one.   

• Start Topic

Well... It doesn't get any better than a black leather fanny pack, turtleneck with thick figaro chain and belted mom jeans with, IDK, a federal courthouse backdrop?   #AimHigh

• LOL 5

Nobody lately (except my dad in a wig), but people used to say Joanna Kerns and Lisa Hartman -- who both look very different to me, so I don't know what that means. 

J Kerns.jpg

L Hartman2.jpg

Edited by harrie
  • Love 6

I don't get compared to any one now but people in high school used to say I looked liked Alyson Hannigan during the early seasons of "Buffy":

buffy the vampire slayer willow GIF

This is the gif where she looks the most like high school me.

I also used to get called "Daria" a lot because I always wore my dark brown hair down and I have a monotone voice and a sarcastic attitude:

mtv stuff GIF

• Love 5

I can't tell you how many people would say to me, "Oh my god, you look like some famous actress but I don't know who it is!" It wasn't until one person finally identified the famous person and I was kinda like, yeah, I do resemble her. It's Rebecca DeMornay:

561034-300.jpg.646413da9b00535bc2112cbfef353102.jpg

For the record, I would never have sex with Tom Cruise in a subway car. Or anywhere else on Earth for that matter.

I get Melissa Rauch (facial structure and hair color - I'm not petite or close to that thin)

800.jpeg

And Lauren Lapkus.

I don't think I look like either of them but if I had to choose it would be much closer to Melissa Rauch than Lauren Lapkus.

LaurenLapkus.jpg

Years ago (circa 2004) someone told me I looked like Brittany Spears. I took it as an insult because I can't stand her music. I should have taken it as a compliment

• Love 4

I generally get no one but I was once told i looked like Mrs Ari on Entourage and I had to google it because I had no idea who she was.  I figure it was probably the hair based on the below picture.

image.png.01eea195239b59c96605a517160f7d72.png

• Love 3

Thirty years ago a dept store make-up person said I had Donna Mills type eyes. Maybe she wanted me to buy more products? For the past 15 years I've been told that I look like an area pediatrician. So, that's why little kids stare at me when I'm out & about 😊

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Who knew we are along so many hotties!  I was told I look like Roz from Frazier one time.  That seems so lower level  

@JTMacc99  I have some very important things to talk you about.  Just work. I kid but damn! 

Edited by KnoxForPres
0.98MB
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

@JTMacc99  I have some very important things to talk you about.  Just work. I kid but damn! 

Like I said, the lady who said look like that guy is a little odd. I don’t have blue eyes. Or movie star good looks. Heh.

I just remembered that I did the Celebrity Lookalikes like thing on the internet a while back. My favorite was a 27% match with Adam Levine. Woo! I’ll take it. (All 27% was clearly my beard matching his beard.)

I should dig up that photo.

(edited)

This guy just arrived on Earth: 

giphy.gif

He's so hungry and wants to experience your hometown's best grub.  

What restaurant/s do you take him to?  

**Replies must include Yelp link and photo/s.**

Edited by Drogo
Edited to allow for multiple restaurants.
Just now, aquarian1 said:

I'll stop after two in case that's breaking the rules.  (I would only add a couple more and not like 20, fyi)

s9f75.jpg

Just now, aquarian1 said:

Also, when are you coming to visit so I can take you to these places?

giphy.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

So, I think the best food in my town can be found here....

o.jpg

o.jpg

ClarkLewis

But out-of-towners have to go to one of these places for the true local experience.  

McMenamins

I can't do a yelp review because:

1 - McMenamins is a local chain and each location is listed separately

2 - The Yelp reviews talk about the food and service, which misses the McMenamins point...

mcm1.thumb.jpg.c4fc0b241febbc9bfdd2d81a1376c739.jpgmcm2.jpg.37fdcd8955e59f1cd1d1b2a1c841ce78.jpgmcm3.thumb.jpg.f0a75d5b4f11df43d4b6aceddc397bd4.jpg

(Note: Always order the tots, not the fries)

clarklewis.jpg

mcm1.jpg

mcm2.jpg

mcm3.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sobo-cafe-baltimore

Fabulous place near the ballpark.  My sister had a fun experience there, so we went for lunch before an opening day game lo these many years ago.  Had a nice lunch.  Couple weeks later, came back after a Sunday afternoon game and the person who waited on us weeks ago remembered us! We were hooked. We now go at least 8 or 9 times during the season for dinner.  The people there are incredibly friendly.  And - bonus points - the food is really good!! 

(pics in the yelp thing...)

• Love 2

It’s a cliche, but they always told me to save my pennies for a rainy day. My grandmother also told me to save my change. One year my (5 gallon) coffee bean container was full so I counted it out. Just a bit over $900. Enough to buy Christmas presents that year. Now I save them for vacations.  Even if it’s just a weekend away. I throw dollar bills in there too if I have over 5 of them. 

• Love 12

I don't think my grandmother ever said "you'll understand when you are older," but she definitely told me things I didn't really need to know at the time.

She was the woman who told me how to order a drink in a bar (order a shot and a mixer.  That way they won't cheat you on the booze.)

I was 8 when she told me this.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

My great grandmother always told me, when I was a kid watching her make meals, to clean up as you go while cooking, rather than wait until everything was finished. My 5-10-year-old self thought that was crazy, because it was obviously better to postpone the cleaning as long as possible, right? She said I’d understand when I was older. I still hate the cleaning part, but hell yeah, it’s much less daunting to clean as you go than face a mountain of debris and dirty pots and pans after you’ve cooked and everyone has eaten, so that there’s now also dirty dishes. 

• Love 11