Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E09: Y'all Making Me Crazy

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

When the IC happened at 8:14, and then TC at 8:35, I thought this better be a damn good ending.  I hated that Julia went home, but she needed a hell of a better poker face.  Hoping that someone named Rick, Victoria, Wardog, or Ron goes next.  Can’t stand those 4.  Also wouldn't care if Julie went, because she's a number and aiming to be a final 3 goat at this point.    

I need to go gambling with Wentworth and Lauren.  I can’t believe they haven’t been tempted to play their idols yet.  Glad Rick’s idol is used and wasted.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 19

This episode made ME crazy. Was that the longest tribal council ever? I don’t like live tribal councils and Jeff just let it go on and on. I don’t even understand how everyone in the end decided to vote off Julia. 

• Love 11

For those keeping track at home Aurora and Julia were the one voted for Kelly/David, everyone else voted for Julia.

The funniest thing about that tribal was while everyone as arguing back and forth Victoria just sat there with a "these people are crazy" look on her face.

Edited by LanceM
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

This episode made ME crazy. Was that the longest tribal council ever? I don’t like live tribal councils and Jeff just let it go on and on. I don’t even understand how everyone in the end decided to vote off Julia. 

I don't, either, and some of the Kamas didn't look happy to vote for her.  I'm wondering what all this "we'll talk" was at the end when Julia was getting her torch snuffed. 

And I wonder if Aurora didn't vote Julia because she didn't know or felt bad.  

Half way through the show I thought to myself that Julia was probably the smartest person out there.  Then she goes to tribal and starts insulting people right and left, even as the vote is up in the air.

She might be sorry she complained earlier about getting no air time.  I couldn't believe when she basically said in front of everyone that she was siding with Wentworth (and effectively the old Manus).  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 9

LOL!   Most.  Insane.  Tribal.  Council.  Ever. 

(maybe except for that whole snake and rat thing)

Bye Julia! Overplayed yourself to EoE, classy exit.

I await Reem's greeting for her  🙂

• LOL 7
  • Love 14

Seeing Ron sulk and whine like a little toddler for not getting his own way last week still has me smiling.  Especially him trying to stare menacingly towards Gavin.

Aurora’s kind of a bad ass…first negotiating an immunity win while Lauren was flat on her back getting medical, and this week looking bored as Julie poured her heart out.  I think there’s a very interesting character in there.

Did they size the immunity necklace squarely to fit Joe’s shoulders assuming he was going to win for a while?  It seems like it hangs off everyone else.

On the subject of Gavin, I think I like the guy, considering we’ve barely seen him all season.  I just hope he doesn’t get too over confident in trying to build a resume and make moves.  In all, though, I'm back to thinking this is a very meh cast.  I liked Kama better when they got no screen time.    

Julie, if no one’s watching out for you…take your fate into your own hands.  At this rate your looking like a final 3 goat. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I don’t even understand how everyone in the end decided to vote off Julia. 

This!!  I mean, aside from how unpleasant Julia got during tribal council, I still thought the votes would be a little more scattered, or that it would be Aurora since hers was the first name thrown out there.  So how did everyone get to Julia over Aurora?  I could see Kelley pushing for Julia, since it seemed to me that she suspected (or even believed) that Julia was lying to her.  Maybe that, plus the "shut up, Wardog" comment, was enough.

Edited by wallflower75
grammar is my friend...really.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

I know it's supposed to be an epic tribal council and I guess it was. But I found it hard to follow.  I hate the whispering.  

I'm fine with how it worked out.  Julia was someone I didn't even remember was playing a few weeks ago, but tonight she seemed really unlikable and overly confident.  So I'm always ok with someone like that going home.  

I'm also excited that Amazing Race starts next week!  

• Love 16

Wardog thinks he engineered last week. Oh lawd.  Eric is shaky. Ron's realizing he's mortal.

I guess Tribal IS big tonight, since they're not showing us Reward. 

LOL Gavin, "I thought I had a vote in what we said but it turned into a dictatorship." No, you thought you held the reins but the horse went its own way.

WTF Julie? This is like the first time I actually recognized her. 

I didn't even know who Julia was until last week (or the week before) but I can honestly say I really don't like her now. She thought she engineered last week and it has GONE to her head.

I think they decided Julia for sure when she said "Shut up, Wardog." I mean, he's not the most loved or anything, but that was arrogant and overstepped Survivor norms. 

I know some may not like this kind of Tribal, but look, after this many seasons, it's nice to see stuff shook up.

Also, one less Julix to deal with! 

Also, Kelley's faces were priceless.  And Aubrey's. 

Edited by txvoodoo
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Why Warthog was not an easy boot is a mystery to me.

I think, because they don't believe he actually has the power he thinks he does. So they let him wander along thinking he's some great mastermind and do what they want. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, LanceM said:

For those keeping track at home Aurora and Julia were the one voted for Kelly/David, everyone else voted for Julia.

Thank you! For me Tribal was like that game where there's something hidden under one of several shells, then the shells are moved around, faster and faster. At first I had a pretty good sense of what was supposed to happen but by the end I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd all voted for Jeff. I mean I totally lost the plot about half way through. It was fun, though. 

Gracious goodbye from Julia. 

Such an interesting segment at EOE, where Eric, who's already been playing for days, feels the hard part only started at EOE, because suddenly all distraction and motivation is gone. Nothing to look forward to. Nowhere to be. Oddly, sadly, this made me think of seniors sitting in old folks homes. Nowhere to go, nothing to do, nothing to look forward to. Might as well raise the sail. (Sorry. I'm even depressing myself.) I just found this whole look at what keeps people going fascinating. 

16 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I didn’t need to see that young stingray gasping for it’s last dying breath.

Yikes, yes. That was disturbing! 

• Love 18

I want Aubry to narrate a video of that TC.

Haggard Sarah Jessica Parker is getting on my last nerve.  She's playing ethics  police on everyone else, but has no problem throwing crazy tantrums.

Sure wish I could find someone to like.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

The tribal council was fun and I really enjoyed the 'jury' reactions but I swear to God I would have slapped that pot away from Victoria. How could she not realize she was getting on my last nerve!!

Yes!  Lord, that was annoying.  I'm amazed no one said anything to her, given how tense everyone seemed to be.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, EllenB said:

I want Aubry to narrate a video of that TC.

Haggard Sarah Jessica Parker is getting on my last nerve.  She's playing ethics  police on everyone else, but has no problem throwing crazy tantrums.

Sure wish I could find someone to like.

Yes.

Yes!  "Haggard Sarah Jessica Parker"!!!!   (although I'll bet that a haggard Julie is a helluva lot nicer looking than a haggard SJP).    And yes, dichotomy.

Aaaannnnnd, yes.   Hard to choose someone I'm actually pulling for.  

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Haleth said:

As entertaining as that all was, I wish Probst would seize control again.  All conversation should happen out loud at TC. They should not be allowed to wander off to corners to whisper new negotiations. 

Why?

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

It was like a bunch of 7th graders with a substitute teacher. Mayhem ensues. 

I understand this point of view, but personally I enjoy chaos. Non-violent chaos. It makes me smile, much like Aubry and David. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

I liked it better when they just talked openly about changing their plans at TC.  Perhaps one of my favorite instances was Caleb telling Brad that he was defecting from his alliance during BvsW at TC, and Brad's face draining of color (and Brad getting bounced as a result).  There are others as well, but that's what we're missing.  It'd probably be more chaotic if people just openly talked to each other.  And I always think that they are doing this partly for show to begin with.  I thought Julie was the worst tonight, jumping from one side to the other. 

I have real hate relationship with this game of telephone and people leaving their seats, because the first time I remember it happening was during GC when Malcolm got voted off.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5

Poor stingray.

And good job Aurora you blew open tribal, calling Rick a passenger.  Congrats Julia. You flipped the vote, right onto yourself. 

Ugh, they wasted an idol. 

• Love 15

With 10 people left and one coming back from EoE, the finale  needs to be 7 weeks from now just to get down to the final 4. Is this going until the end if May?? Of course, there could always be a double eviction. In any case, I'm so happy TAR is back. 

• Love 2

Primetimer? Well okay then.

Now some may have been entertained by that tribal, but I thought it was appalling.

I blame Jeff for Julia going home as I feel that never would have happened if he hadn't ceded any control over it and actively sat by encouraging it.

I wanted Julia to say screw these losers and not to go to Edge Island.

Tribal Council shouldn't have all the decorum of the Elks Club on stag night. We are so far away from the days when the jury was even required to sit there with granite faces no matter what.

I hated that tribal...absolutely hated it and Devins made me want to pop him one square in the forehead...so sick of him.

In other news Gavin, a little bitch for voting out his allie Julia and Ron was the very definition of the word "Gelding". You could see it on his face all episode...I've never seen any player so absolutely humbled before. That was refreshing.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 13

Chris coming out of the ocean like James Bond.  Yama hama.  And he had a big package for everyone.  Also,... the stingray.   I saw things that I can't believe the producers let me see.  Oh lordy lordy lordy.  All of the hot men have ended up on the island of extinction.  If I was Aubry I'd be trying to get .... my own....... ray .... stung..... or something.  Whew.

I have a lot more to say, but I think I'll just share it with some hilarious pictures of Tribal, maybe?  Aubry and her gang's reactions to everything were hilarious.  Everyone's reactions to Julia saying "RICK YOU'RE JUST A PASSENGER" were hilarious, especially Lauren's!  Wow.  Wow. Wow.

I loved the episode, love how crazy it was, love Ron and Julie crying even though I know it will be VERY unpopular, loved all of that shit.  All that craziness is what makes this the best damn show on TV.  I love it!

This is going to make me sound like a creepy guy who hits on teenage girls at the mall, but Aurora has a very interesting look.  I've never seen anyone look like her.  Is it like a Eastern European or Scandinavian look or something?  Like an attractive E.T.

Reem to Eric at the beginning of the episode:

large.png

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 14
  • Love 9

What a BORE. Not entertaining or fun.  The challenge was a bore, EoE was a bore.  Tribal was a bore.  I can't even get up the motivation to care about who voted for who why.  The whole show was a bore.  Except for Julia telling Wardick to shut up.  That was sort of fun. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, Lamima said:

^Cause it's boring and sucks. The whole point of watching Survivor is us, the viewers, being privy to the dynamics. We aren't at a whispering fools TC. I just had angst, not in a good way, and wanted to get to the vote already. And then the result was like...a deflated balloon because we had no idea where that came from.

I think it's cool and exciting.  It makes TC even more pivotal.  e.g. I felt as tribal progressed that Julia was blowing it, giggling at the worst of times, talking down to others, acting imperiously. 

We often don't know where votes come from.  That's part of the game, i.e. the contestants themselves get blindsided.  It's also part of editing -- to give us some pieces of info, but keep us in the dark on others.  Otherwise, where is the surprise, the drama?

Other than EoE, I'm now enjoying the season immensely. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, kikaha said:

We often don't know where votes come from.  That's part of the game, i.e. the contestants themselves get blindsided

Yup - I like this a lot better than when you don't see any of the logic behind a vote and it comes out of nowhere - which also usually means there've been editorial misdirections. I prefer this insanity to "let's fool the viewers!"

As you say, the contestants should get blindsided, not the viewers (entirely). Surprise at a vote result isn't better than seeing the contestants' surprise. Isn't that  why we show up to watch? 

It's great when someone executes a grand plan. It's also great when there's chaos and people make a big move out of it. Just different kinds of fun. 

• Love 8

Well that was different. Julie comes totally unhinged. Ron is a mess because he isn’t incharge. Aurora is arrogant and blows apart an easy vote. Julia got lots of screen time and she did not look good. Telling Rick that he was a passanger was just ridiculous.

The arrogance of the Kama tribe really is amazing. They did not talk to any of the folks they needed to at camp and left everyone hanging. And then Julia and Aurora talked themselves into trouble. 

Julie fell apart as soon as she had to actually play the game. that was impressive to watch.

David and Kelly where along for the ride and just stunned by what they were in the middle of. 

Kelly earned some respect from me for not playing her idol.

The jury was fun to watch. 

But it doesn’t do anything to save the season for me. It just tells me that they really are all that bad at playing.

Ron and Julie can’t handle not being at the top of an alliance. Julia and Aurora let power go to their head. Gavin and Victoria have no clue how to play the game at camp to keep things calm. 

Dan is at least using his total lack of tact and subtlty to his benefit. Kelly and David seem to be lost with how to play with this group. God knows what Lauren is thinking.

Some of the worst game play that we have seen in a long time.

• Love 22

New rule: everyone breaks into conversations for more than five minutes, Probst makes the main offenders draw rocks, even if they won immunity. Then again, Probst probably loves that shit, even if it wrecks things.

I lost track . . . why did Julia get voted out? All I really know about her is that she's gotten what seems like less than minimal screentime.

Still feeling ambivalent, in the sense that I wasn't invested that much with Tribal.

And nobody taps out on EoE. Shouldn't a boat be swinging by with fresh food or something? Tempt them off the island.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Well that was different. Julie comes totally unhinged. Ron is a mess because he isn’t incharge. Aurora is arrogant and blows apart an easy vote. Julia got lots of screen time and she did not look good. Telling Rick that he was a passanger was just ridiculous.

The arrogance of the Kama tribe really is amazing. They did not talk to any of the folks they needed to at camp and left everyone hanging. And then Julia and Aurora talked themselves into trouble. 

Julie fell apart as soon as she had to actually play the game. that was impressive to watch.

David and Kelly where along for the ride and just stunned by what they were in the middle of. 

Kelly earned some respect from me for not playing her idol.

The jury was fun to watch. 

But it doesn’t do anything to save the season for me. It just tells me that they really are all that bad at playing.

Ron and Julie can’t handle not being at the top of an alliance. Julia and Aurora let power go to their head. Gavin and Victoria have no clue how to play the game at camp to keep things calm. 

Dan is at least using his total lack of tact and subtlty to his benefit. Kelly and David seem to be lost with how to play with this group. God knows what Lauren is thinking.

Some of the worst game play that we have seen in a long time.

The more I think about tonight, the more I'm realizing just how lackluster this season is.  I feel like this was some attempt by TPTB to make it seem crazy and exciting and unpredictable, but I think it made a bad season even worse.  And you pretty much summed up why.  There was no need for a 30 minute TC, and the way it went down tonight just made this look like a sad, incompetent bunch. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

And nobody taps out on EoE. Shouldn't a boat be swinging by with fresh food or something? Tempt them off the island.

Peanutbutter has talked people out of their clothes previously, I bet it would work wonders, maybe on a little surfboard with some chocolate on a tray... come with me my pretties!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2