Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/11/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Not to mention, Whoopie has the best Healthcare that ABC can provide and she has enough money to not go bankrupt, getting treated.

Considering she said that she has the same insurance for the last thirty years, I'm thinking it's insurance provided through the actors' union.

Oh, my God, Meghan!  Let Whoopie tell a story about Ana and Sunny visiting her without interrupting to say, "I visited, too!!!!!"

• LOL 6
  • Love 17
16 hours ago, pinguina said:

I totally agree with what Sunny said.  The advantages that these students had to get into an "elite" university include private school education, tutors, SAT tutors, extra-curricular activities that will look good on application  (could also include skin color).  AND still their parents had to "donate" to get them in?  How "educationally challenged" are their children??

I really didn't like when MM tried to interject about legacies to "I will say.." that her brothers did well in school.  Joy just glanced at her and said that she was just explaining how legacies came about - to keep out minorities (back then minorities were white but of Irish, German, Jewish background from what I gather).  So legacies had a "leg up" despite bad grades/educational attitude.  

And this cheating has an interesting effect on the children.  Stephanie Ruhle covered this story yesterday.  She had a guest who had interviewed a man who changed SAT scores for money, but the kids weren't aware.  These kids would take practice tests and routinely get 800.  So they take the official test and they suddenly get 1200.  Their response?  I should go back and take that test again.  I will probably do even better.

These children actually think that they earned that miraculous higher score, and internalize that privilege.  A typical born on third base and thought they hit a triple situation.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Aileen said:

I cried when she came out and everyone rushed to welcome her back. I like Whoopi (not as a moderator, though) and am glad she’ll be ok. ETA, both of my parents died from sepsis other the past 3 years.

So sorry for the loss of your parents.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Whoopi has been complaining about insurance for yeeeeaars. She really thinks her premiums should be accumulating somewhere for when she actually needs them.

Whoopi, that is called a Health Savings Account. Look it up.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, bannana said:

They are all at the table for the beginning of the show and Whoopi walks out and surprises them.  Whoopi goes straight to Joy to hug her, and then Abby is right there, and then NutMeg runs the fastest she has probably ever run in her life to throw herself at Whoopi and hug her.  Ana and Sunny respectfully wait their turns until Abby and NutMeg are done hugging the shit out Whoopi.  

They don't have a chair for her, and at first it looks like she is going to sit in the moderator's chair, but Joy says she needs her camera, so naturally Whoopi sits next to Joy.  Sunny and Ana flank Whoopi. 

Then NutMeg starts screeching about Whoopi's return, and starts bowing with the "we are not worthy" bow and just won't quit, and then screeches that Whoopi should sit in "my chair, my chair"!  🤮  Everyone is around Whoopi at Joy's end of the table, while NutMeg sits by herself at her end of the table.  The audience chants Whoopi, Whoopi.  Instead of just clueing and moving to that end, she starts shrieking that she doesn't know what is going on, is she supposed to be over there and she looks at Brian the producer and then finally moves.  Then she moves closer and shrieks pointing at Whoopi:  don't ever leave me again!  🤣  Everyone ignores her.  She shrieks that Whoopi cannot ever leave this show, as she awkwardly tries to hoist herself onto the stool.

Whoopi is prompted quietly by Ana and Sunny to relate some stories about her health, and about being in the hospital.  One story is about them being recognized when they visited and Ana saying to this person, no she is not on The View, she hates that show and all the women on it.  😁  Meanwhile NutMeg interrupts to point out that they all visited Whoopi too, sounding like a childish twit.  Then Whoopi says that this woman said she loves the View and specifically NutMeg.  So Whoopi is back five seconds and is already having to prop up the baby.  Nutmeg's reaction was kind of like, what, me?  

Joy is back to moderating the show now and has Whoopi explain what her schedule will be and when she might be back.  Whoopi does and says that she is done for today, time to go.  So NutMeg leans forward to welcome Whoopi home, and tells her she is so happy to have her back.  She announces that Whoopi is the First Lady of the View.  Whoopi says they are all the first ladies of the View.  Joy tells Whoopi that they all missed her and are happy to see she is doing better, and tells her she looks great.

BTW, before the show started, NutMeg had a sour look on her face and Ana had a bit of a cat that ate the canary look, so wonder what happened in the makeup room?

Excellent summary!!  Thank you.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'd put Meredith before Whoopi.

And for me, Barbara is not even on the list.  Intolerable woman.  Though she did keep her republican bias out of the fray. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, SPinCA said:

I agree with Joy, it’s insulting to say people in the country only read Field and Stream and watch Fox. That’s a self fulfilling myth because the more it’s spread the more people will avoid “elite” media. Back in the 80s growing up in a family of factory workers my parents had a range of papers and magazines in the house so we were exposed to different points of view. We even had, gasp, library cards. Not everything is a left/right battle, I’m tired of it. 

Instead of telling us who the elite media are, could they give examples of the non elite media then please. 

Yes!  Thank you!  I sort of equate this to commentators on news channels saying that only people in NY or DC care about (for example) the Mueller investigation.  As in, if you live anywhere else, you are like, who cares?  "These people are busy working hard and raising families, they don't have time to pay attention to the news." Infuriates me.

Regarding MM saying "I visited you too!" today, I realized that MM is extremely insecure.  We all know she is thin-skinned, but she is desperate to be liked and accepted.  Unfortunately she is her own worst enemy.

• Love 24

Glad Whoopi's on the road back.   Sounds like the insurance company denied a device that her doctor wanted her to have.  This is something that unfortunately happens all the time, apparently even to the wealthy.  Most people think if they pay insurance premiums they should then be able to get any medical service their doctors recommend.   But it's really up to the people who work at the insurance company who have never even examined you in the end.   That was the real point of her complaint.  She just muddled it up with her rambling about where her personal premiums went.      

• Love 15
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

When she's slumming!   I think she lowers her standards to Saks/Nordstrom when she's in "The View" wardrobe.

A Saks/Nordstrom size 12-14 would be an 18W at Target.

I too thought of Nancy Reagan when Beto's wife with the fake grin and adoring looks at the side of his head graced my screen.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, After7Only said:

But it's really up to the people who work at the insurance company who have never even examined you in the end.   That was the real point of her complaint.  She just muddled it up with her rambling about where her personal premiums went.      

She also muddled it up saying that the insurance company people who aren't doctors shouldn't deny what the doctor orders but then said no doctors should be allowed to sit on insurance company boards.  Made no sense.

I don't like how pet insurance works, since you never know which one will fall sick, so I set up a special savings account to cover every day costs plus a cushion for emergencies and chronic care.  I put away the equivalent of a premium for one pet every single month from the very beginning, and it served three pets for 23 years.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 5
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Who thinks Whoopi fabricated that woman saying that she loved Meghan just to pacify Meg's incessant thirst for attention and admiration? I don't doubt the rest of that story-just that part.

Absolutely.  If I was Meghan, I'd be so embarrassed, first for saying in the first place, "We all visited you!," and then having Whoopi play up to her right afterwards so she wouldn't get her feelings hurt.  My gosh, it's like working with a six year old.  The staff and crew must have to all walk on eggs backstage so as not to offend her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

I suspect that Whoopi is savvy enough to realize that insurance premiums aren't banked for use when you need them.  I think she was just expressing frustration with the system, that her doctor recommended a machine that would enable her to avoid surgery, but the insurance company was not willing to pay for it.  I'd feel the same way - here I've been paying for years and many years I didn't even use the insurance, i.e. rarely went to the doctor, and now here I need this and you want to deny me.  I know how insurance works, but I would be pissed and would be even more pissed if it was happening to someone that I loved and cared about.  Maybe it's not exactly logical, but I completely get what she is saying.

• Love 19

Seems to me if Whoopi could afford the rental of the designated machine she would have - and she is loaded. Sounds like another type was offered that would be covered. Her contributions to her insurance likely would have not paid for her ordeal. Her choice was to stay in the hospital and use the machine, which was covered.

Loved how Mc/mememe said Aidy impersonates her on SNL (btw, once), and Aidy replies I did. LOL

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I suspect that Whoopi is savvy enough to realize that insurance premiums aren't banked for use when you need them. 

She actually said, "all the money I've paid into it should roll over. Who gave them permission to use it when I didn't need it." Then Joy tried to say that they're using it for other sick people, but, imo, Joy doesn't push back hard enough with Whoopi.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, telemachus2 said:

Sad to hear her only resource in an emergency was her faraway work partner & her make-up artist - not to worry, the fambly will make it to the will reading, fer sure.

Sad is right!  Doesn't the area where she lives have any emergency services?  Call them FIRST...and then Call-A-Friend.

• Love 10

Barbara Walters will NOT be happy.  SHE is The First Lady of "The View."

• 1997 ~ Barbara Walters, creator and host
  • 1997 ~ Joy Behar, one of the first panel members
  • 2007 ~ Whoopi Goldberg ~ ten years later   (First Lady...harumph)
  • 2017 ~ Meghan Whatshername ~ ten more years later (and 20yrs after Joy!)

And Meredith Vierra is on my leaderboard ahead of Whoopi.  Actually, let me put Rosie before WG too, even though she annoys me.

Edited by HaaCHOO
Thanks, MsTree! I fixed it.
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Loved how Mc/mememe said Aidy impersonates her on SNL (btw, once), and Aidy replies I did. LOL

I remember watching that episode. I like how Meghan's enthusiasm seemed to evaporate when they showed the picture, possibly because the View audience laughed at Aidy-as-Meghan's facial expression.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Even tho I don’t love Whoopi as moderator it was a nice surprise to see her, especially given how ill she was. Naturally Megazz had to be her usual jerky self and repeatedly tried to get attention on herself. Couldn’t just shut up for the duration of Whoopi’s visit. Gawd I loathe MM. Back to my hiatus while that heifer is on the show.

• Love 19
7 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Who thinks Whoopi fabricated that woman saying that she loved Meghan just to pacify Meg's incessant thirst for attention and admiration?

I DO! [waves hand]

7 hours ago, bannana said:

then NutMeg runs the fastest she has probably ever run in her life to throw herself at Whoopi and hug her

It was pretty funny.

7 hours ago, bannana said:

BTW, before the show started, NutMeg had a sour look on her face and Ana had a bit of a cat that ate the canary look, so wonder what happened in the makeup room?

Oh, we need someone to get the dirt.  Who's on it?

3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

She actually said, "all the money I've paid into it should roll over. Who gave them permission to use it when I didn't need it." Then Joy tried to say that they're using it for other sick people, but, imo, Joy doesn't push back hard enough with Whoopi.

That was unfortunate.  I hope she was drugged up and didn't know that at the time.

5 hours ago, After7Only said:

Most people think if they pay insurance premiums they should then be able to get any medical service their doctors recommend.   But it's really up to the people who work at the insurance company who have never even examined you in the end.   That was the real point of her complaint.  She just muddled it up with her rambling about where her personal premiums went.     

Well that's how it used to be, what your doctor said is what happened.  Now even doctors are flummoxed by how insurance companies work.  The past couple years have been a real doozy for us regular people and now even the rich are complaining?  Wow!

I had to turn off the Whoopi love fest.  I am glad she is ok but it did go on for quite a while.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Gawd, I think everyone here can say that they weren't that surprised that MEgan made Whoopi's return all about her. It's so blatant. She looks pathetic and needy af.  Oh look her TV mommy is back, now she'll protect me from that meanie  Joy. I visited you too! I bow to you! You're the first lady! 

She wasn't  thinking of Whoopi at all... So freaking dramatic...She made sure to stand back away from the other ladies at the end of table.  

She reminded me of that scene in Grease when Patty Simcox joined the Pink Ladies table. Over the top. I'm  starting to think she doesn't have sex with her husband at all. For being one of the youngest ones on the panel, she's so tightly winded up and a prude when it comes to sexually related topics. Except when she talks bout her friend Erika Jayne. Not to sound crude but  maybe she needs to get some. It can be fun Megan and great exercise! Oh I forgot, Megan and fun?? Who am I kidding ...

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • LOL 9
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Barbara Walters will NOT be happy.  SHE is The First Lady of "The View."

• 1997 ~ Barbara Walters, creator and host
  • 1997 ~ Joy Walters, one of the first panel members 
  • 2007 ~ Whoopi Goldberg ~ ten years later   (First Lady...harumph)
  • 2017 ~ Meghan Whatshername ~ ten more years later (and 20yrs after Joy!)

And Meredith Vierra is on my leaderboard ahead of Whoopi.  Actually, let me put Rosie before WG too, even though she annoys me.

I think you mean Joy Behar.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Considering she said that she has the same insurance for the last thirty years, I'm thinking it's insurance provided through the actors' union.

I thought she said SIXTY YEARS and it was the prevaricators' union.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I loved Joy's trying (she truly tried!) to explain to Meghan what legacies originally meant in the more prestigious univsersities (religious and racial discrimination for the most part).  Nutmeg can't shut her yap long enough to LISTEN and learn!  Oh...never mind, that's a typical day on "The View."

Wikipedia sez this:  

While the sons of wealthy Americans had received priority in college admissions throughout the nineteenth century, in the early twentieth century, frustrated by the poor academic performances of their students, elite colleges raised their admission standards. Immigrants—especially the children of Jewish immigrant families—and Catholics and people from modest socioeconomic backgrounds frequently performed well on the new admissions tests and started to garner large numbers of undergraduate seats at top universities, while the number of admissions for wealthy white Anglo-American stock dropped significantly. In response, several Ivy League institutions began an official practice of legacy admissions, designed to reserve large numbers of seats at the top schools for the sons of wealthy Protestant American stock. These legacy admissions included decreasing the importance of entrance exams and adding such elements as assessing the "personal characteristics" of the young men seeking admittance, considering their "home influence," interviewing some of the applicants, and asking for letters of recommendation attesting to their character. Such elements in the application process curtailed the admittance of immigrants, Jews, Catholics, and working-class men and restored the overwhelming presence of the white, wealthy Anglo-Protestant men.

A 1992 survey found that of the top seventy-five universities in the U.S. News & World Report rankings, only one (the California Institute of Technology) had no legacy preferences at all; however, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology also indicates that it does not consider an applicant's legacy status. Legacy preferences were also ubiquitous among the one hundred top-ranked liberal arts colleges. The only liberal arts college in the top one hundred that explicitly said it did not use legacy preferences was Berea. In recent decades, the use of legacy preferences has expanded well beyond undergraduate studies and now include admissions to graduate schools and professional fields of study, including law schools.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, bannana said:

They are all at the table for the beginning of the show and Whoopi walks out and surprises them.  Whoopi goes straight to Joy to hug her, and then Abby is right there, and then NutMeg runs the fastest she has probably ever run in her life to throw herself at Whoopi and hug her.  Ana and Sunny respectfully wait their turns until Abby and NutMeg are done hugging the shit out Whoopi.  

They don't have a chair for her, and at first it looks like she is going to sit in the moderator's chair, but Joy says she needs her camera, so naturally Whoopi sits next to Joy.  Sunny and Ana flank Whoopi. 

Then NutMeg starts screeching about Whoopi's return, and starts bowing with the "we are not worthy" bow and just won't quit, and then screeches that Whoopi should sit in "my chair, my chair"!  🤮  Everyone is around Whoopi at Joy's end of the table, while NutMeg sits by herself at her end of the table.  The audience chants Whoopi, Whoopi.  Instead of just clueing and moving to that end, she starts shrieking that she doesn't know what is going on, is she supposed to be over there and she looks at Brian the producer and then finally moves.  Then she moves closer and shrieks pointing at Whoopi:  don't ever leave me again!  🤣  Everyone ignores her.  She shrieks that Whoopi cannot ever leave this show, as she awkwardly tries to hoist herself onto the stool.

Whoopi is prompted quietly by Ana and Sunny to relate some stories about her health, and about being in the hospital.  One story is about them being recognized when they visited and Ana saying to this person, no she is not on The View, she hates that show and all the women on it.  😁  Meanwhile NutMeg interrupts to point out that they all visited Whoopi too, sounding like a childish twit.  Then Whoopi says that this woman said she loves the View and specifically NutMeg.  So Whoopi is back five seconds and is already having to prop up the baby.  Nutmeg's reaction was kind of like, what, me?  

Joy is back to moderating the show now and has Whoopi explain what her schedule will be and when she might be back.  Whoopi does and says that she is done for today, time to go.  So NutMeg leans forward to welcome Whoopi home, and tells her she is so happy to have her back.  She announces that Whoopi is the First Lady of the View.  Whoopi says they are all the first ladies of the View.  Joy tells Whoopi that they all missed her and are happy to see she is doing better, and tells her she looks great.

You did such a good job with the blow by blow but I just watched again because someone got nasty with me on YouTube. Something I hadn’t heard until the additional viewing was when MM was screeching don’t ever leave me again she said I can’t carry this show myself. 

It  hopefully will not be any  different. They seem to have this routine now where starting a discussion they go around the table. ( MM) last. You know like grown ups.  Yet Megan may think she can have her free for all because her protector is manning the ship. 

I am glad to see her on the road to recovery but not really looking forward to have her moderating. 

• Love 13

For me, Whoopie's surprise return was ruined by her inserting the story about the hospital worker saying "I love that little Meghan McCain".  I find that so hard to believe and, of course, the camera goes to NutMeg who is about to burst.  Whoopie's bullshit line reminds us that she will continue to stroke NutMeg's ego and the bitch knows it.  I don't for one minute believe that most of the employees didn't know their patient was THE Whoopi Goldberg, however, privacy being a big thing in healthcare (HIPPA), their actions were in accordance with the rules.

Another thing that is bugging me to no end is that the camera never fails to get a close up of NutMeg's reaction to whatever topic is being discussed.  Sometimes they go to her multiple times.  They do not do close ups of any of the other hosts for the most part unless they are speaking.  It drives me crazy.

NutMeg sees herself as the darling of this show and it seems like she is being given reinforcement by the powers to be to continue acting in a manner that is beyond description.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

"I was running like Ronald Reagan just walked through the door!"

Even Meghan's attempt at being funny involves politics. 

And did she just single out audience members from Arizona? *sigh*

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Abby has really been partisan (outright hostile) lately.

Trying to hold on desperately to a job that even the kindest people think she's not qualified for.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, deirdra said:

I too thought of Nancy Reagan when Beto's wife with the fake grin and adoring looks at the side of his head graced my screen.

When I watched it I was thinking "Oooh, I don't know if this is gonna work." She doesn't have The Gaze down yet, that's for sure. Nancy rarely blinked and her eyes didn't move because she didn't follow the movement of Ronnie's head with her eyes, her Gaze was fixed on one point and he moved in and out of that point. Mrs O'Rourke's eyes were darting constantly because she was following her husband's movement and he moves A Lot. 

They are a cute couple who look very much like brother and sister. Long-ish symmetrical faces, refined features, similar coloring, tall, lean, long limbs, super long necks. Looking forward to seeing him on The View. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, njbchlover said:

Did Meghan just throw a major dig at Joy with the wedding talk - "You weren't invited"??  Wow......that's low!  

I thought I heard that incorrectly but yes, I believe that's what she said! Wow... just wow. She's so childish and petty - lower than low. If I were Joy, I'd take that as a compliment not being invited to that idiot's wedding.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, suomi said:
16 hours ago, deirdra said:

{snip}  She doesn't have The Gaze down yet, that's for sure.

My sisters and I used to joke about "Television Evangelist Wife 101," and in that class is "The Look of Adoration," "The Look of Admiration," "The Look of AWE!"   Every popular TV evangelist show featured wives standing or sitting with that same stare.  They still do.  We had fun imagining what they were really thinking.  Stay tuned for all of the candidates' wives....

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Did Meggie just say to Joy "You weren't invited to MY wedding!!"?  If so, GAWD!!!  (I think Joy responded "I know"!!)

That's what I heard, too!  And, to further prove Meghan has to turn everything around to herself, she mentions that Abby didn't come to her wedding because she was pregnant.  Nothing to do with whether pregnant women should or shouldn't be bridesmaids!!  (oh - btw - Meghan didn't have bridesmaids - wonder if that's because she has no friends!!!)   

• LOL 5
  • Love 4