Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/11/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Haleth said:

To be fair, Joy is the one who made up the magazine name Fishing and Tackling as something mid Americans like to read. 

Don't know why I considered for a moment that Meghan had a witty thought.  Thanks, Haleth!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Joy's main point was that the two supercilious idiots who lean right assume that because somebody comes from a red state that they can not be well-read, educated and sophisticated.  It says a lot how they see the people that they purport to speak for.. 

Wouldn't it be great if Vogue and Vanity Fair felt insulted enough that they provide their "red state" circulation numbers to "The View"?  Of course, they'd have to send them through Joy.  "Meghan's Producer Brian" would keep them to himself.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 3/15/2019 at 3:31 PM, njbchlover said:

Yes to all of this, and Meghan was out "sick" on Monday.  

Yeah, I think she was out Monday because she was sick of the massive dragging that was going on against her on social media over the weekend for her crying for the Jews.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Stuffy said:

They grew up privileged with powerful fathers. I’m not one for talking back to the television, but I find myself telling them to “Shut Up!” whenever they talk about what middle America is like. 

I am from the Detroit area and my parents grew up in the projects.  Me and my brother, who is a hunter/fisherman, both subscribe to Vanity Fair and a lot of our family also subscribe to Vogue.  What the hell is wrong with these girls?  We can also add to the list:  The New Yorker, Smithsonian, Mother Jones, Sunday New York Times, Nat Geo, Nat Geo for Kids etc.  We are also members of DIA and Moma.  These girls, especially MM, need to actually befriend real people.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I am from the Detroit area and my parents grew up in the projects.  Me and my brother, who is a hunter/fisherman, both subscribe to Vanity Fair and a lot of our family also subscribe to Vogue.  What the hell is wrong with these girls?  We can also add to the list:  The New Yorker, Smithsonian, Mother Jones, Sunday New York Times, Nat Geo, Nat Geo for Kids etc.  We are also members of DIA and Moma.  These girls, especially MM, need to actually befriend real people.

JumperSage, I can say the same thing about these publications (although a few years ago I REALLY cut down...because of time, money, hoarding, and clutter).  I've had subscriptions and given subscriptions to the nieces/nephews.  I also get the Wall Street Journal (a gift for some reason from the guy who delivers my daily paper).  I guess I live in Middle America too...Meghan's home state of Arizona, where my mother, sisters, and I lived in a housing project for awhile.  At the time it was humiliating, but now I brag about it with other "project kids."  Ours was a plywood building on concrete blocks.  I tell those other "project" kids we thought they were RICH because their buildings were brick!  (I just saw a couple of them last night at their St. Pat's party in Sun City).  One of them told me they thought another project had RICH people because the roofs were tiles instead of shingles.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

JumperSage, I can say the same thing about these publications (although a few years ago I REALLY cut down...because of time, money, hoarding, and clutter). 

@HaaCHOO - Here is pics of the old projects.  My mom lived in the townhouses (rich people ha ha) and my dad lived in the high rises.

We get many mags online for free through our library cooperative.  The kids get theirs in the mail because it's, "More funner".

• Love 7

I grew up in Nebraska,  born 1954. 

I bought the second ever issue of Ms. Magazine, in the 70's, and cd not get the first because it was sold out. So, I got a subscription. 

I read every magazine I cd get my hands on. ..at friends houses,  the dr's office, libraries,  bookstores, etc.. 

The only person I knew who read hunting and fishing mags was a friend's dad from Georgia,  who really hunted and fished.  

The stereotypes of fly over states are offensive. 

The blatant broad generalizations about the people living in these states is indicative of the vast ignorance of these two trust fund babies. 

They know nothing. 

1 minute ago, Tosia said:
Edited by Tosia
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Tosia said:

The stereotypes of fly over states are offensive. 

The blatant broad generalizations about the people living in these states is indicative of the vast ignorance of these two trust fund babies. 

They know nothing. 

And yet they grace our televisions five days a week!  One of them must have a new PR firm; she's trotting herself all over various shows and little newspaper articles are springing up here and there.  She'll be a pundint yet!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4