Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

"The View": Week Of 3/11/2019

Recommended Posts

Monday, March 11 
Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

Tuesday, March 12 
Idris Elba (“Turn Up Charlie”); Cole Sprouse and Haley Lu Richardson (“Five Feet Apart”)

Wednesday, March 13 
Jay Leno; Colton Underwood (ABC’s “The Bachelor”)

Thursday, March 14 
Aidy Bryant (“Shrill”)

Friday, March 15 –
The Political View with Governor Gavin Newsom; “Feel Good Friday: View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Thank goodness for Sunny pushing back on Abby’s questionable AOC quote. And thank goodness Mopey Meghan isn’t there to tag team with Abby. But it’s rich for Sunny to talk about how temperament matters when she flies off the handle so easily. 

Who believes Meg is sick?  Who thinks she’s home pouting over the bad press she’s been getting with her selective outrage and croc tears?

I should have clicked to see the new posts before I posted. I agree, Haleth.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Haleth said:

Thank goodness for Sunny pushing back on Abby’s questionable AOC quote. And thank goodness Mopey Meghan isn’t there to tag team with Abby. But it’s rich for Sunny to talk about how temperament matters when she flies off the handle so easily. 

Who believes Meg is sick?  Who thinks she’s home pouting over the bad press she’s been getting with her selective outrage and croc tears?

If Meghan is sick, who thinks that when she comes back (whether 24 hours or 24 days) she will claim she was also near death, so she can one-up Whoopi?    😉 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post

Re: the divorce rage discussion -- Sunny is a future bunny boiler, there is no doubt. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, Abby just did a thing that I HATE, and I realized she does it all the time.

She throws shade, then she plays the, "I'm above getting into this," card.

Specifically (on the topic of Pete Davidson dating Kate Beckinsale), she said...

ABBY: My concern though -- who knows? [unclear]. I love Kate Beckinsale, by the way, but she used to be -- I think she likes younger guys. She was with a 23-year-old before Pete Davidson--

JOY: She's no dummy.

ABBY: And he warned Pete Davidson. All he said was, "Run," but sh--like-- I'm not going to get into their business. I hope it works out. But you know what? They were out, making out at a basketball game.  He makes it public on the show, so it's normal that people are talking about it -- people are engaging in it...

GENERAL DAYS: First of all Abby, pick an effing side. Second of all, you got INTO THEIR BUSINESS right before AND right after you said you weren't going to get into their business. What the hell? 

Edited by General Days
  • Like 15
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Re: the divorce rage discussion -- Sunny is a future bunny boiler, there is no doubt. 

For some reason, Sunny thinks the crazy Latina stereotype is cute but it's not a good look, especially not on a 50-year-old woman and former prosecutor on national television.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

I love that Ana is there but she was also there last week, right after her wedding.

Shouldn't she be on her honeymoon?? Just wondering....

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Too lazy to turn off View Your Deal.  Lady during the key ring bit "Isn't this incredible, Sunny?"  No, it's not.  There is nothing incredible about keys.  Random insipid words "wow!"  "amazing!"  "awesome!"  UGH

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

For some reason, Sunny thinks the crazy Latina stereotype is cute but it's not a good look, especially not on a 50-year-old woman and former prosecutor on national television.

I really believe she acts this way for her husband.  The other day when someone said acting jealous is a big turn off to men. Sunny said, her husband loved it. I think it's a weird game they play. It's just gone on for years now. Strange I know but that's my take.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I went from this 😁🙌 because john mccain's daughter wasn't there to this 😑😩  when Abby started stated her fox news talking points. I hope Sunny doesn't miss a day because of sickness, I love her pushing back on abby and meghan.

  • Like 16
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't for one minute believe Abby is a moderate.  And she says she is nuanced?  Oh come on.  Just because you won't publicly commit to your political beliefs doesn't mean you are  a nuanced moderate.  It just means you are afraid of being pummeled the way your bestie at table has been experiencing the past few days.

  • Like 18
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Oh goodie, I'll just fast forward through Abby and enjoy the rest of the show....no RBM....yahoooooo that never happens I must say!

Thanks for letting me know guys....

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with Sunny.  Women go for younger men because yes men their own age are looking for younger women.  And I speak from experience.  Did I date men young enough to be my son?  No.  But I do date men younger than me.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Did Abby say that her brother was, " fighting ", for the US in Guam? Is there active engagement of troops in Guam? No disrespect to service people dedicating themselves to service anywhere, just wondered if I missed a conflict in Guam. 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

I guess when your education and career have been given to your privileged ass on a silver platter it's easy to be a nuanced moderate who doesn't think we're ten percent from garbage.

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

So ..... hmmm....

Abby says that Ocasio-Cortez said that America is 10% from garbage and is offended by it because there was a WWII vet and it was/is offensive to what he did? And when Sunny said what the actual quote was - that it seems that minorities are supposed to be grateful for being treated 10% from garbage as compared to the past and the fight for civil rights really isn't over.  Abby still insisted it wasn't right to say 10% from garbage - really? Based on her vast experiences with civil rights?

And did she really say, "I will say.." ?

I'm sorry that MM is not there .....No, I'm not.  

  • Like 19
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I guess when your education and career have been given to your privileged ass on a silver platter it's easy to be a nuanced moderate who doesn't think we're ten percent from garbage.

She is just as bad as Meghan. She just isn't so blatant about it.  But today she showed  her true colors.  Even when confronted with the quote in context she still dismissed it as AOC hating America.  

And Joy was right to bring up Steve King.  And no Abby it is not wrong to bring  up an example of the right doing something offensive when the left is accused of doing something offensive. This was not an example of false equivalency.  This was Joy showing the hypocrisy of calling out AOC (for something she did not say) and ignoring Steve King.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, After7Only said:

Duplicate

Edited by After7Only · Reason: Duplicate
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I might have to tune in to today's show now that I see MM is not appearing. I've been taking a break from it for over a week now - can't stand MM. Seeing the moderator note above all the topics tells me something must have gone on with her yet again - not sorry I missed whatever lit social media up about her - clearly I made a wise decision skipping The View for a spell. 😉

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

I might have to tune in to today's show now that I see MM is not appearing. I've been taking a break from it for over a week now - can't stand MM. Seeing the moderator note above all the topics tells me something must have gone on with her yet again - not sorry I missed whatever lit social media up about her - clearly I made a wise decision skipping The View for a spell. 😉

Not to worry, Ahbay more than took up the slack in the nonsense department.

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, pinguina said:

So ..... hmmm....

Abby says that Ocasio-Cortez said that America is 10% from garbage and is offended by it because there was a WWII vet and it was/is offensive to what he did? And when Sunny said what the actual quote was - that it seems that minorities are supposed to be grateful for being treated 10% from garbage as compared to the past and the fight for civil rights really isn't over.  Abby still insisted it wasn't right to say 10% from garbage - really? Based on her vast experiences with civil rights?

And did she really say, "I will say.." ?

I'm sorry that MM is not there .....No, I'm not.  

I haven't watched yet, but omg, this view burns my ass. Is it that hard to understand that people of color, poor people might have on a different take on America. On what is good and bad about a country that has had an ugly history with poc. It's easy to love everything about this country when like Abby you are born into privilege, money and all that comes with just being white in general.  Abby is a fool.

  • Like 22
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Abby is annoying.

And she's the type of person who you can never have a serious conversation with because she is unwilling to hear POC voice their opinions because she see's it as an attack on America.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

On what is good and bad about a country that has had an ugly history with poc. It's easy to love everything about this country when like Abby you are born into privilege, money and all that comes with just being white in general.  Abby is a fool.

I'm not going to research anything, but I'm pretty sure there are at least two women who were born to wealth and prestige--and whose father's were U.S. Presidents who seem to be able to understand (and help) the plight of the poor and struggling minorities:  Caroline Kennedy and Chelsea Clinton.  The Bush daughters seem pretty good too.  Abby IS a DENSE fool and so are TPTB at "The View" for giving her a platform.  EGAD!

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, After7Only said:
  1 hour ago, After7Only said:

Why or why does Abby and MM take everything soooo personally.  AOC says Moderates were "meh" and Abby is offended because she's a moderate (who knew?) and she's not meh, she's nuanced

Nuanced, schmoooooanced!  I found this description by some anonymous person:  In US politics, nuance likely means a politician's ability to convey his position on an issue to one audience and the opposite position on the same issue to another audience while still being able to convince everyone he isn't lying to one or both audiences.   Now, does Abby really think she can pull this off? 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

Sunny was talking about temperament when it comes to politicians, in which she is not.   She's on an entertainment show, so she makes jokes about her crazy jealous ways.   However, we've never really seen Sunny fly off the handle in her professional capacity, even when she's been pushed.   She's never had a MM level melt down, or even a Joy, Whoopi level frustration moment that I've seen.    Her professional temperament is pretty calm.    

I was referring to her breaking thing when she’s mad at Manny. I agree she was specifying politicians but I think if she’s going to say “temperament matters” when it comes professional behavior, she should check her own reactions when it comes to her personal behavior. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

In defense of Sunny, we wouldn't know this about her if SHE didn't volunteer information about her personal life because she never demonstrates poor temperament in a professional capacity.

This bears repeating!

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

She is just as bad as Meghan. She just isn't so blatant about it.  But today she showed  her true colors.  Even when confronted with the quote in context she still dismissed it as AOC hating America.  

And Joy was right to bring up Steve King.  And no Abby it is not wrong to bring  up an example of the right doing something offensive when the left is accused of doing something offensive. This was not an example of false equivalency.  This was Joy showing the hypocrisy of calling out AOC (for something she did not say) and ignoring Steve King.

Because Abby likes to have it both ways. She loves getting on the bandwagon to criticize the right, the things they say, the ideologies of some of the elected officials or even left-leaning media but when it's criticisms against the right, unless she agrees with, her mantra becomes 'I just don't see how this divisiveness helps our country...we need to set a better example if we want things to change'.  It became amusing and predictable to listen to. I may watch today's episode since Meghan AND Whoopi aren't on it.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

She is just as bad as Meghan. She just isn't so blatant about it. 

Or as smart or mean-by-nature.

2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Even when confronted with the quote in context she still dismissed it as AOC hating America.  

I think she didn't quite understand that she was being seriously disagreed with.

Dense:  INFORMAL (of a person) stupid, unintelligent, ignorant, brainless, mindless,  empty-headed, vacuous...and it does go on.

I'd bet Meghan is spitting nails while watching the show because NO ONE can "debate" (providing impeccable statistics, of course) like Meghan, her attitude, and her Blue Cards.  "I shoulda been there!"

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Abby obviously took a double dose of Meghan's Rich Entitled Bitch Pills this morning.  She just kept on spewing out Rep talking points and distorted....LIED about what AOC was talking about.  I am so glad Sunny came back with the facts as she said context is important.  I can't wait for Abby to go on maternity leave.  

  • Like 22
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Not to worry, Ahbay more than took up the slack in the nonsense department.

Not only the nonsense, but the volume -Shrieky2 ably deputized for Shrieky1.

I get so tired of conservatives narrowing the concept of patriotism to freedom from criticism.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

Abby is so in over her head, she's not talking at the same level as the other woman. I'd find it more embarrassing except that her voice when she gets worked up like that is so headache-inducing I have to mute it instead.

No way is Meghan sick, she has been getting dragged from all quarters since last Thursday due to her own ridiculous behaviour and just can't face up to it Monday morning. Once you start accusing others' criticism of you as being antisemitic when that criticism is made by Jewish people and you're not Jewish yourself, it's definitely time to have a word with yourself and spend a few days cooling your head. Though she probably needs a full rewiring. Fine by me, maybe she'll have the whole week off! I'm so glad she wasn't there this morning, at least no one was stomping out. Abby is so annoying but at least they all seem to get along (Joy and Abby laughing and embracing as they entered seemed genuine to me at least).

  • Like 13
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I agree with Sunny.  Women go for younger men because yes men their own age are looking for younger women.  And I speak from experience.  Did I date men young enough to be my son?  No.  But I do date men younger than me.

Exactly! Guys my age seem to only be interested in younger women ... meanwhile, I regularly get asked out by younger guys. I ain’t mad haha. 

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×