Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Please Say No One Else Is Dead

5 minutes ago, Dee said:

I am sick of The Laurel Show™.

I was actually hoping when she drew up the custody papers, that she would die/be killed, so that the boys could get the baby.

• Love 14

Was I...supposed to be worried when Laurel disappeared at the end of the episode? I mean, Christopher supposedly being taken by Xavier sucks, but I can't say I want the Castillo family drama back. 

Can someone not named Laurel be in the forefront of the next mystery? No? Damn. 

Poor Miller. He was totally innocent but Bonnie still doesn't know. Man, he was such a great guy, which is no surprise. 

If there's a sixth season, I propose Nate be the next death. Along with Laurel, please.

So, Michaela's birth father was named Duane/Dwayne, and Annalise knew him. Alrighty, then. And Michaela/Gabriel get it on! 

Emmett is having a heart attack just as he's being publicly framed for murder. I guess, even if he does survive, his role at the firm is pretty much over, right? 

• Love 12

At first I thought Emmett had been poisoned, but maybe it was a heart attack.  I suppose it was something caused by Xavier?

I also was thinking...are we supposed to be stricken with worry that Laurel is gone?  Because I really couldn't care less.  It's sad the kid was kidnapped, but I'm really over the whole Castillo family.  Whenever something needs to happen, a Castillo family member or hitman/old family friend gets brought in to do the dirty deed and then I'm supposed to be mesmerized by the exciting mystery.  Hey writers - I DGAF about a character (Xavier) that just appeared on the show within the last couple of episodes.  It's just not exciting that some rando that just showed up is the Big Bad.  And because the rando is a Castillo, it puts Laurel front and center AGAIN.  Boring!

I noticed they used a one-liner to explain away the mysterious scratches Laurel had on her arm after her last visit with her mother.

Nate must have been hit in the head one too many times when he was a policeman.

Oooh exciting.  The governor is in cahoots with Xavier.  What a surprise.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Heart attack? I thought for sure that the Castillo had him poisoned and it was just luck that Teegan didn't share that drink with him..

That's exactly what I thought!

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Dee said:

I am sick of The Laurel Show™.

Same here.

26 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Was I...supposed to be worried when Laurel disappeared at the end of the episode? I mean, Christopher supposedly being taken by Xavier sucks, but I can't say I want the Castillo family drama back. 

Exactly, I just wanted her to take away her family drama as well.

4 minutes ago, Blue Plastic said:

I also was thinking...are we supposed to be stricken with worry that Laurel is gone?  Because I really couldn't care less.  It's sad the kid was kidnapped, but I'm really over the whole Castillo family.  Whenever something needs to happen, a Castillo family member or hitman/old family friend gets brought in to do the dirty deed and then I'm supposed to be mesmerized by the exciting mystery.  Hey writers - I DGAF about a character (Xavier) that just appeared on the show within the last couple of episodes.  It's just not exciting that some rando that just showed up is the Big Bad.  And because the rando is a Castillo, it puts Laurel front and center AGAIN.  Boring!

Agreed, trying to make her family involved with everything was not a good idea and it's only dragged the show down each time it happens.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Heart attack? I thought for sure that the Castillo had him poisoned and it was just luck that Teegan didn't share that drink with him..

Ok, I definitely also thought this but I'd rather it be a heart attack. I'm sick of murders. Let's have some actual medical emergencies instead of everyone killing everyone! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Firstly I am SO glad that Tegan survived. I just love her character. I still want her and Annalise to become a thing. I think Frank's plan with telling Bonnie that Miller did it is a bad idea. I feel like that's going to come out somehow and Bonnie is going to feel so betrayed by him. I want to know how Annalise knows Michaela's dad. I knew Gabriel wouldn't sell out the gang because he's head over heels for Michaela. I can't decide whether Emmett was poisoned or is just having a heart attack. I think he was poisoned but by who? Why would Xavier or the gov poison him when they just trashed him on live t.v. They could just kill him and be done with it. If it WAS Tegan why? Does she want to be in charge of the firm? Also Emmett technically isn't dead. He was still moving & his eyes were open. A theory that I could see was that the poison was meant for her. She is still on the Castillos shit list. I KNEW that Laurel was going to disappear because of how it was shot. I was not expecting Christopher to be missing though. I really hope the show gets another season because even it's weakest episodes/season are better than 90% of the dramas on t.v. 

• Love 4

Why are they making this all about Laurel and her family??? Ugh! 

I did love the scene when Annalise read Xavier for filth. Bravo! 

Gabriel is foine! Get some Makayla. 

Agent Tolesco is just mean. Why tell Gabriel’s mom anything? That’s just going to hurt her (the mom) and won’t get her job back. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I think it was pretty clear Laurel was saying goodbye to Annalise so I think she arranged to go away with Christopher. Likely made some deal that she’d come with the brother if he’d leave her friends alone. Curious how that would play out next season. I’m not aware of the actress leaving. 

Teegan is lucky or “lucky”. 

Edited by pennben
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Was the last scene supposed to make us worried for Laurel?  If so, it was a fail for me.  I’ve spent the better part of the past 4 seasons actively wishing for her demise, so the mysterious disappearance/kidnapping/whatever was music to my ears.  I’m on Team Xavier.

So happy that Tegan didn’t die.  Next season, even more Tegan please.

25 minutes ago, Jeopardy15 said:

Why are they making this all about Laurel and her family??? Ugh! 

When have they not?  Laurel has been the show’s special snowflake ever since Wes (the show’s original snowflake) died.  I’m so sick of Laurel.  Everything always revolves around Laurel.  I hope she’s gone for good.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I'd wondered if Tegan had poisoned him, and was trying to put on an innocent act when talking to Annalise on the phone. 

But yeah, naturally the Castillos poisoning him makes a lot of sense. Man, that family sure kept itself busy this episode if that's the case-poisoning Emmett at work, Laurel disappearing, and Christopher being snatched from his bed...and all within the span of an evening!

29 minutes ago, Dancingjaneway said:

Firstly I am SO glad that Tegan survived. I just love her character. I still want her and Annalise to become a thing. I think Frank's plan with telling Bonnie that Miller did it is a bad idea. I feel like that's going to come out somehow and Bonnie is going to feel so betrayed by him. 

Honestly, my heart was pounding when Tegan was heading out towards the end of the episode. 

And yes to her and Annalise being a thing, and the plan about Miller being a bad idea (you'd think these people would've learned by now that secrets never stay secrets long among this group). Man. Poor Bonnie. The look on her face when she was talking to that lady in the car...  

I want to know how Annalise knows Michaela's dad. 

Yeah, that was quite a little surprise. Annalise has some connection to everyone's pasts, it seems. 

• Love 4

I am super disappointed that they cut away from Annalise accusing Emmett of murder, then getting the call that it totally wasnt him. That must have been a super awkward conversation. And I love how Emmett is all upset that Annalise just accused him of murder, and now wants to be his lawyer, and she is just like "that was like twenty minutes ago Emmett keep up!"

I really wanted Miller to be revealed to be innocent, but now that he has been, I am just really sad. Poor guy was killed for absolutely nothing, and now his mother has lost her only child, all because Nate is an idiot.  And now Annalise and Frank are lying to Bonnie and Nate about so they dont feel bad about the murder, and that just pisses me off. Yeah, almost everyone on this show has committed or covered up several murders, but Nate killed a totally innocent person based on just a stupid picture, and he was a cop! He should know better! And, possibly more importantly, no way does this not blow up in everyone's faces when they inevitably find out the truth, especially for poor Bonnie. She might have finally found something she wont forgive. 

Go up and check on Emmett Tegan! I assume he was poisoned by the Governor or the Castillos, and while I suspected he might not make it out of this season, it still sucks if he dies like that, with his name being dragged through the dirt by the slimy governor. He grew on me a lot. But at least Tegan is a gin girl! I am so happy that at least she survives, I love her so much! Less Laurel, more Tegan!

Speaking of, I suspect that Laurel disappeared in her own, and arranged for her son to be taken so they could run off together to get away from her family and everything else. Thats why she gave that sad thak you to Annalise, she knew she was disappearing. Which sucks, as you know Annalise and her friends will run themselves ragged trying to find her and little Christopher, only to find out she was just chilling in a cabin or something. I mean, that sounds pretty on brand for her. I hope so anyway, because I am so sick of Castillo family drama. Its been going on for ages now, with new relatives popping up every five seconds, I am just so over it! Can we get some focus for some other characters, and not just Laurel and her tears? Really, I kind of wish just she left, and Connor and Oliver could raise her. This is a woman who un-ironically thinks that Connors mom is "the best". Connors mom, the woman who brags about how she allowed adult men to have sex with her teenage son in her house. Oh yeah, mom of the year! 

So yeah, a whole lot going on, and that was some seriously dramatic music they had going on!

• Love 12

The only possible way to make the Laurel disappearance even semi interesting is if she arranged to disappear with Christopher and wasn't actually taken. Though I'm not sure who would've helped her do that, since she needs the protection from her family, so not them, and the only FBI agent she had any kind of connection to doesn't really have any power anymore. They'll have to check to see if the blanket is missing come next season, I guess. The others should've questioned why she kept the blanket, though.

But otherwise, I very much agree with the sentiment that I'm so sick of Laurel being the center and her family even moreso. There is literally nothing interesting or worth being invested in there. It's only connected to Laurel and the motive is still... What? I don't even know anymore. Is her father just trying to ruin her life, or? God, I couldn't care less.

I get Frank and Annalise wanting to hide the truth about Miller from them, but I can't see that not blowing up in their faces, and Bonnie will just feel even worse. I couldn't care less about how Nate would handle it, but Bonnie is gonna be so betrayed on top of being distraught. She's had her doubts about Miller's guilt for a few episodes and seemed to be accepting it the more likely it became, I think she could have handled it in the long run. But when she eventually finds out the truth and that they lied to her about it... Though, did I miss the explanation on Miller's investigation into Annalise that he had Gabriel helping with? Did they explain more of that? Was it just part of what Xavier was making him do?

What was the point of all the lesbian/bi jokes and teases about Michaela all season? At least they seem to really be going in the Tegan/Annalise direction after the teases about them. I'm curious if Annalise realizes she knows Michaela's birth father. I would assume she does, since that would be a huge coincidence otherwise, but there's never really been a particularly special bond between the two like there was with Annalise and Wes, for me to think that if she does know, that it was a particularly meaningful connection between her and him.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

So yeah, a whole lot going on, and that was some seriously dramatic music they had going on!

They had to do something to try to drum up some suspense/excitement in the audience since the plot was so severely lacking!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, pennben said:

I think it was pretty clear Laurel was saying goodbye to Annalise so I think she arranged to go away with Christopher. Likely made some deal that she’d come with the brother if he’d leave her friends alone.

I agree. I hope she has a plan to take down her family from inside, and redeem herself in the process, but I also kind of wish she wasn't the center of attention. I like the show better when it's more balanced, and she's been focal for two seasons now.

I hate that they've made Nate a thug. I don't care if it's supposedly because he's sick with grief. It's stereotype and the show is usually better than that.

It certainly could be poisoning, which Tegan will be framed for since she's the only one there. But I think they deliberately made it ambiguous by making it look exactly like a heart attack at the same time. He was clutching his heart, he was indicating pain in his arm, he was sweating. I think they want it to be just ambiguous enough to keep people debating over the hiatus. It looks bad, but I want him to survive. I like him. I'm worn out from all the grief.

Agent Blonde Sneer really was awful. I wonder if she's working with the Governor and the Castillos. I thought a few eps ago that she was just actually trying to solve the puzzle, but that spiteful move with Gabriel's mom suggests she's just another evil motherfucker after all.

I liked that Nate's dad was not in the least impressed by Xavier.

Tegan wanting to sleep over at Annalise's place is fan service, but I'll take it.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, colorbars said:

They'll have to check to see if the blanket is missing come next season, I guess.

They showed her burning the blanket, to regain the trust of the rest of the group. So the blanket is for sure gone. Unless I misinterpreted that scene?

• Love 5
(edited)

I wonder if I am some sort of outlier in the HTGAWM fandom and the writers know that Laurel is like the fan favorite character, because otherwise, why have they centered yet another story around Laurel and her screwed up family drama? And it's such stupid family drama. I honestly don't care what happens to Laurel. I agree with those saying she probably did a runner, because her words to Annaliese sounded like good bye words, and Annaliese did say that she has her father's mind and instincts. And based on Xavier's reaction, I don't think he had anything to do with that scalp showing up on her doorstep. Hell, at this point, Laurel probably had that sent to herself to set all of this in motion (and if she did, who knows if that is really her mother or someone else)? Now granted, criminal mastermind Laurel COULD be interesting, certainly more interesting than damsel in distress from a shitty family Laurel. If the show goes with that route, it might keep my interest. But if this means the team will have to somehow rescue Laurel from her family, I'm not here for that. Of course, I don't have confidence the writers have thought all of this out, so who knows what will happen next season?

I wanted to know more about Michaela's father and how Annaliese knows him. Have we seen a "Dwight" before on this show? We must have, because otherwise how would they know he is somehow connected to Annaliese. Is that Annaliese's father or something (which if so is kind of ooky)? I can't remember her father's name. But otherwise, unless that person is obviously related to Annaliese, how would the kids know the connection? 

I hope Tegan didn't have anything to do with poisoning Emmett. I like her too much for her to become a villain, but if she did it, it was likely to save her own ass from the Castillo family. But still...

I don't really care what Telesco will say to Gabriel's mother. 

I GET why Frank framed Miller for Nate Sr's death to protect Bonnie, but it's still a crappy thing to do. Granted, this more on Nate Jr than anything.  I am glad Miller turned out to be a good guy in the end, only because I didn't want Nate and Bonnie to have the self satisfaction. But of course, now they think they were in the right, or at least don't have to acknowledge how brutal they both can be. 

Even though the writers typically make up stuff as they go along, I do hope they have some sort of endgame of how this murder house of cards will come crashing down around everyone. Of course, this show is in the same family as Scandal (even if they have different writers and producers), and I saw how those writers screwed up that ending, so I don't have too much hope here. 

Edited by ForeverAlone
  • Love 3
(edited)

No way, no fucking way, does Nate deserve to think his murder of Miller was justified (I don't care if Bonnie finished him off, it was Nate who killed him).  I'm glad Miller turned out to be innocent, but I want Nate at least to know that he killed a man based on absolutely nothing and that that man (shocker!) turned out to be completely innocent.

As soon as Emmett handed Tegan that drink, I thought he was trying to poison her; then, when she handed it back, he poured her drink into his glass, which made me think I was wrong.  Of course, it looks like I was right about the drink being poisoned, although it seems like Tegan and Emmett were both meant to be killed.  I can see the governor/Castillos killing him because it'd make it hard for him to prove his innocence once he's, you know, dead.  Tegan was saved by the skin of her teeth because the writers have enough sense to know how awesome she is and how perfect she and Annalise are for each other.

As always, Laurel and her stupid family (hoooot brother, though) ruin absolutely everything.  I hope that she and her entire family end up dead and that Connor and Oliver end up raising Christopher with the help of Uncle Asher and Auntie Michaela.

Edited by NUguy514
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, possibilities said:

It certainly could be poisoning, which Tegan will be framed for since she's the only one there. But I think they deliberately made it ambiguous by making it look exactly like a heart attack at the same time. He was clutching his heart, he was indicating pain in his arm, he was sweating.

I thought heart attack too, initially, because of the arm-clutching.

4 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

As always, Laurel and her stupid family (hoooot brother, though)

Yeah, he fine.

8 hours ago, Blue Plastic said:

Yeah. I'm leaning toward Laurel disappearing (wonder if the actress is leaving the show?), but honestly, that's not enough of a mystery to keep me wondering until the show comes back (though I hope adorable baby Christopher is OK).

As always, Team More Tegan. I just love her (and her dress was FIRE). 

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 3

I agree with others that Laurel staged her own kidnapping.  It certainly fits.  I think Emmett was poisoned so it appears to be a heart attack.  The poison may not have been in the drink since the poisoner wouldn't be sure that only Emmett would drink it.  But, the timing is perfect.  The governor goes on TV pointing the finger at Emmett, he dies of heart attack, and then case closed.  FBI already has stains from its investigating, so they will want to just close it and be done with it.  Of course, if Tegan poisoned Emmett, then none of the above applies.

Nate needs to stop hitting people.  You can't just go around punching people, regardless of what they say to you, and think there won't be consequences.

Annalise really has no degrees of separation from her students.  Now she knows Michaela's father?!?!?  Come on show, you're making it even harder for me to suspend disbelief.

• Love 5
(edited)

"Phew! We were justified in murdering a guy! Yay!" This show.

Tegan is absolutely stunning. And they light her in a way which highlights it brilliantly.

How was that gift bag containing a scalp not stinking to high heaven?

"Maybe everybody is better if I'm just Frank." The truth laid bare. They don't mind when Frank gets the job done, they just like acting horrified by his methods.

So Nate's father ended up dead but not in the way the Castillos and Governor Mean Lady planned it? And Miller's murder wasn't justified after all but Frank and Annalise fixed it so Bonnie and Nate would continue to think so? Ow, my head.

Re Emmett, my money is on poisoned. Hopefully Tegan will find him in time to get medical attention. Unless she's in on it.

Laurel, how can we miss you if you don't...drop off the face of the earth and never darken our TV screens again? She could've left Christopher behind though. Connor was so adorable with him.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 5

Yeah, I'm not sure why Laurel has replaced Wes to be the Super Special Snowflake in the center of pretty much all the mysteries. I'm more excited for Michaela's birth father connection to Annalise, at this point. Though, not surprising that Annalise knew. We know she has a reason for choosing all of the Keating Five and I think we got hints about why she chose Michaela. 

I agree that Laurel most definitely took off. But again, I'm not here for a sixth season where the focus is on her goddamn family. I'm so sick of her family drama. Kill them all and let Christopher be adopted by Annalise or something. 

As I thought about the episode, I realize that I'm more upset than I was last night about Annalise and Frank lying to Nate and Bonnie about Miller's innocence. Nate doesn't deserve to get away from him beating a man to death (I also feel this way about everyone else who have gotten away with crimes like this, so it's not just Nate). I know Bonnie suffocated him to end his life, but I think he was pretty much going to die, regardless. And then Nate also gets violent AGAIN this episode. Why must they perpetuate such a horrific stereotype? Even as a white woman, I think what they've done to Nate this season is horrible. I've never even liked the guy but I feel bad for the actor. Like, damn, way to go all cliche, show. And it's for no good reason. Nate just reconnected with his father after decades. Sure, part of his grief may be because of that, but it's not like they were close their entire lives. It doesn't warrant THAT extreme of a reaction. 

Nate has been useless up until this season, and now he's just beating people up. 

I know I'll be watching this show until the end, whether it's basically now (if the show is cancelled) or next season or whenever the final season is. But the show is definitely not as good as it was the first couple of seasons. I can tell they've run out of ideas and are just throwing things together to see what sticks.

• Love 7

Okay so the finale wasn't all that great (which we sorta knew with the brother Castillo popping back up) but I'm still liking this season a lot. For me it's been in par with the first two seasons. Just amazing drama with Bonnie, and also loads of good stuff with Frank and AK. And we got Tegan moved up in the cast list. All good. 

Nate grew on me this and last season, his friendship with Bonnie helped me like him and even tho he was like a dog with a bone with her file/son I approved. But then there was that moment when he for no solid reason at all punched Miller to a bloody pulp. Not cool. And even tho Bonnie is responsible for her own actions Nate's pushed her to finish off a man she had great potential with. Not what Bonnie needed after learning her baby survived the birth and everything that brought up. 

I liked how the finale first turned Miller bad and then good in one episode. Good flashbacks. Poor guy. 

Speaking of Bonnie's kid I'm not buying her sister burrying it alive. I just don't trust her. I do hope this will be dealt with in a season 6 and I have to say, even tho babies usually ruins shows, I hope she is pregnant. If it's Franks and not Millers she's tied to Frank forever which I like since they are endgame for me. But I don't mind her wanting to kill him for most of the new season, I'm all for drama what can I say. 

The ending was a real anticlimax as it will probably mean all focus will be on finding Laurel & baby in the first part of S6. Hopefully it won't drag out too long tho. Cause we can't be so lucky that Laurel just needed a toilet (oh sorry show, needed to pee!) and Christopher lerned to walk & the monitor just frooze? Pretty plz? 

Best line of the episode; 
AK: What happened to you being a better Frank? 
Frank: Maybe everybody else is better if I'm just Frank *shrug*

I had to pause and laugh at that for some time, and then watch it again. Thanks show for all the drama, see you (hopefully) in the fall! 

3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I thought heart attack too, initially, because of the arm-clutching. 

Yeah I was thinking heart attack also because of this and also the hand (fist) over his chest. But with this show who knows, could be anything really and I guess it mostly depends on if the showrunners want to do something with his murder or just have him just die 

• Love 6

Given the revelations of this episode, all Miller had to do when Nate confronted him was reveal the truth and he'd still be alive today.

Nate: Admit it! You tried to have my pops killed! Admit it!

Miller: I tried to save your pops! Xavier Castillo was the one who arranged for his murder. I tried to stop it but he outsmarted me. And here's all the proof.

Nate: Oh. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
(edited)

Color me stunned. I'm actually intrigued to see what will happen in season 6 (if the show's renewed).

Annalise: Whatever happened to being a better Frank?
Frank: Maybe everybody's better off if I'm just Frank.

Ha! Don't change, Frank.

Looks like Emmett found out the hard way that hanging around Annalise & Co. is hazardous to one's health.

Dear God, Tegan looked AMAZING all episode. The writers better stop teasing me and just pair her with Annalise.

Nate's still alive. How Sway, HOW?

Agreed, trying to make her family involved with everything was not a good idea and it's only dragged the show down each time it happens.

Makes me miss the Mahoneys.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Makes me miss the Mahoneys.

Definitely, and Laurel's family somehow being involved with everything makes it more annoying.

• Love 3

I wonder why Shonda can't write a show that doesn't involve an evil overlord family. The closest I've seen, from what I've watched is Grey's Anatomy, where both of her parents sucked, but they weren't super-rich people, out to run/destroy the world. They didn't run around killing people. Scandal was only good for a season or two.

Anyway.. Tegan will probably be framed for Emmett's death, since he's most likely to be the new dead person. 

I think Laurel staged her disappearance, and that's why she thanked Annalise. And what's with keeping parts of dead bodies, and murders, around the house?! 

Gabriel and Michaela were always going to happen. I think Michaela wants to be Tegan, and seems like an over-zealous fan, too much of the time. Annalise probably defended her father, if that guy was the one who shot her mother. Because Annalise apparently needs to be connected to everyone, and blamed for something else, so that there's always someone possibly ready to turn her in to the authorities. Even though they're the ones killing people (although she did arrange for Frank to do certain things before, from what I remember, or did he do them without her knowing?)

Nate has got to stop beating people up. What did he think would happen?? And will Bonnie kill him next season? If she finds out the truth. Or try to hurt herself. Or turn them all in? 

• Love 2

Count me in as somebody who thinks Laurel (with Christopher) disappeared of her own free will. Her planning for the future all episode, along with her very final-sounding thank you to Annalise, are huge giveaways.

I wasn't sure if Emmett was having a hard attack or had been poisoned, and if he had been poisoned whether or not Tegan is in on it.

Already looking forward to the sublime acting from Liza Weil when Bonnie finds out that Miller was innocent.

For a show that's usually so great with music, those dramatic-ass trombones were ridiculous.

Since this season ended on so many cliffhangers, I have to assume the writers are confident they're getting another one. I wonder if it will be the last one, since the kids will be graduating law school/taking the bar.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, blackwing said:

Was the last scene supposed to make us worried for Laurel?  If so, it was a fail for me.  I’ve spent the better part of the past 4 seasons actively wishing for her demise, so the mysterious disappearance/kidnapping/whatever was music to my ears.  I’m on Team Xavier.

No Team Xavier for me, he killed Nate Senior.

Xavier and the entire Castillo family, along with the governor can all get on a plane that goes down in the mountains or something.  And then Annalise will end up as governor.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I kinda hope Emmett makes it to next season. I like his dynamic with Tegan and Annalise. 

I'm with everyone on the Castillo Fatigue. I don't mind Laurel as a character, but I do wish there was less focus on her and her family. They're just not that interesting. If she did leave with Christopher, I'd be ok with her not returning.

On another note, I'm intrigued by the little clue we got about Michaela's birth family. (Of COURSE Annalise knows Michaela's biological father!)

• Love 7
18 hours ago, possibilities said:

They showed her burning the blanket, to regain the trust of the rest of the group. So the blanket is for sure gone. Unless I misinterpreted that scene?

No, I'm sure you're right, I just wasn't paying attention to that part, clearly.

17 hours ago, ForeverAlone said:

I GET why Frank framed Miller for Nate Sr's death to protect Bonnie, but it's still a crappy thing to do. Granted, this more on Nate Jr than anything.  I am glad Miller turned out to be a good guy in the end, only because I didn't want Nate and Bonnie to have the self satisfaction. But of course, now they think they were in the right, or at least don't have to acknowledge how brutal they both can be.

I don't think Bonnie has much self satisfaction at all, just slightly less guilt. Bonnie absolutely knows how brutal she can be and was, and has been struggling with it all since it happened, even before Miller's guilt was called into question. Nate, on the other hand, hasn't shown an ounce of remorse for what he did, beyond feeling bad that he dragged Bonnie into his mess.

• Love 6

An okay finale but it's made me realise that next season should be it's last to be honest.

Emmett I assume is dead but did Tegan play a role in it? I hope not as I do like the character and I kind of want to see the show explore her and Annalise.

I'm guessing with Michaela/Gabriel's pairing, it's more motive for the show to introduce the former's bio dad and the latter's mother as well. 

Asher needs better storylines next season and the show needs to loosen up on it's Laurel focus though that's unlikely now her brother and the governor are going to be main antagonists.

Bonnie and Nate really are going to be in for a shock when they find out that Miller was actually innocent. Frank might have made things worse here.

I'm hoping the show doesn't go down a baby route for Connor/Oliver but it felt like it was being set up here, 7/10

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Given the revelations of this episode, all Miller had to do when Nate confronted him was reveal the truth and he'd still be alive today.

Nate: Admit it! You tried to have my pops killed! Admit it!

Miller: I tried to save your pops! Xavier Castillo was the one who arranged for his murder. I tried to stop it but he outsmarted me. And here's all the proof.

Nate: Oh. 

I said the same thing! So much murder and drama could be avoided if they would commucate more, but then we wouldn't have a show. 

• Love 3

I don't really have too much sympathy for Bonnie, who was already a killer before she finished off Miller.  No matter what she thought about his involvement, the normal thing to do when your boyfriend has been  pummelled almost to death is to call 911.  So what if Nate gets arrested, he deserves to be.  He didn't need to go all ragey on Miller and beat him almost to death.  Bonnie killed Rebecca too, right?  To protect her friends.  So this is really no different than that.  

I really wished that Miller was guilty so at least I would not be so annoyed with Bonnie.  As for Nate, he should be dead.  He hasn't learned from what he did to Miller.

I really liked the scenes where Annaliese went off on Laurel for bringing all the crazy into their lives, and where the crew went off on Laurel for almost betraying them.  

I definitely think, as a result of those scenes, that Laurel orchestrated her own disappearance.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I really wished that Miller was guilty so at least I would not be so annoyed with Bonnie.  As for Nate, he should be dead.  He hasn't learned from what he did to Miller.

But in that case, all of them should be dead, except Annalise.  Which makes it so funny that everybody wants to go after Annalise, when she's the one who hasn't killed anybody.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

But in that case, all of them should be dead, except Annalise.  Which makes it so funny that everybody wants to go after Annalise, when she's the one who hasn't killed anybody.

Well, Connor, Michaela, and Oliver haven't killed anyone. Laurel doesn't see to have killed anyone either. Everyone else, though, sure. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Oh, I just think he should be dead cause he annoys me.  Frank has killed more than anyone, but I don't want him dead.  I know, that makes no sense. 🙃

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, bannana said:

Oh, I just think he should be dead cause he annoys me.  Frank has killed more than anyone, but I don't want him dead.  I know, that makes no sense. 🙃

Well Frank annoys me so I guess your comment does make sense.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The only good thing about this show being All About the Castillos is getting to hear Amira’s Vann’s delicious pronunciation: Cas-tee-zhos.  I do love a good zhuzh on a double L!

• Love 5

I might have missed it, but have they ever provided any tangible proof that the hair+scalp Lauren received really belonged to her mom? Because if they don't that would explain 1. her completely underwhelmed reaction at the discovery (I know she wasn't exactly a great mother, but she was still your mother, and she died, and it's been what, a couple of days and you seem to have almost entirely forgotten about her already, Laurel) and 2. Laurel and Christopher's disappearance, because I think the whole thing, including the delivery of the fake hair, might have been carefully planned by the two of them (Laurel and her mom whose name escapes me) in order to get away from Mr. Castillo and Xavier for good.

Please correct me if they did prove it was her hair at some point, it's just that since it's become pretty complicated to remember who's in cahoots with whom, who's lying to whom and who's friends/enemies/ex-lovers with whom, that crucial information might have gone unnoticed for me.

• Love 3
(edited)

If Laurel orchestrated her own (and Christopher's) disappearance, that's even more selfish than I already thought she was.  How did she think that having the baby disappear on Connor and Oliver's watch would affect them?  They are going to feel terrible, even though they did nothing wrong.  I don't see why she wouldn't have at least told one of the gang that it was going to happen so that person could tell the others after Laurel and kiddo were gone.  What would have happened if Connor and/or Oliver had been in the room when the intruder came to take Christopher?

Seriously, if this is what happened, then I'm even more perturbed that all the focus of the last two seasons has been Laurel, Laurel, Laurel.

Edited by Blue Plastic
  • Love 4