Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Please Say No One Else Is Dead

Miss Blonde Agent is just so fucking petty.   I'm glad she lost her job.

I'm so done with Nate,  he doesn't deserve to have that guilt lifted.   It's not like the k4 killing Sam,  or Asher killing the da in a moment of passion,  it was completely mediated.   He knew what he was doing. 

Poor Bonnie, this girl needs a break. 

For some reason,  I hated Frank in seasons one and two,  but for I'm totally here for him strangling cops and threaten to kill her son to get answers,  I'm not sure what's up with that. 

• Love 1

This show has been hovering on my DVR potential delete this and this finale did not help. Honestly who gives a crap about Laurels family. I just can’t believe it’s been them all season. Such a snore.

and I don’t understand all the people saying get Tegan with Annaliese. This show is always dragged down by the relationship parts in my opinion. I think less of any relationships is better. At some point I’ll need to decide if I’m in or out next season.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TiredMe said:

and I don’t understand all the people saying get Tegan with Annaliese. This show is always dragged down by the relationship parts in my opinion. I think less of any relationships is better. At some point I’ll need to decide if I’m in or out next season.

I feel the same way. Let them be good friends. 

• Love 1

I'm confused about Michaela's birth parents. I thought her father killed her mother and was therefore in jail. I would think that's all you need to know about said birth father. And no one should make Michaela feel guilty for not wanting to know who he is. From the way Connor and Oliver were reacting, I got the sense that Michaela and Gabriel were going to end up being related. Cut to them finally hooking up.

I couldn't tell if Frank was still hung up on Laurel. I thought he was into Bonnie until he said something like, "I know we're never going to be together but Christopher is my boy." And then Bonnie's possible pregnancy seemed so random. For 5 minutes she thought she was pregnant, but she was actually feeling ill because of her continued guilt over Miller?

• Love 2
On 3/1/2019 at 9:58 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Given the revelations of this episode, all Miller had to do when Nate confronted him was reveal the truth and he'd still be alive today.

Nate: Admit it! You tried to have my pops killed! Admit it!

Miller: I tried to save your pops! Xavier Castillo was the one who arranged for his murder. I tried to stop it but he outsmarted me. And here's all the proof.

Nate: Oh. 

Nate wouldn't have believed him.  Even though we know that Miller actually tried to prevent the murder, Nate was so sure it was him, I doubt anything Miller said would have helped.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 3/1/2019 at 2:14 AM, ForeverAlone said:

I wonder if I am some sort of outlier in the HTGAWM fandom and the writers know that Laurel is like the fan favorite character, because otherwise, why have they centered yet another story around Laurel and her screwed up family drama? And it's such stupid family drama. I honestly don't care what happens to Laurel. I agree with those saying she probably did a runner, because her words to Annaliese sounded like good bye words, and Annaliese did say that she has her father's mind and instincts. And based on Xavier's reaction, I don't think he had anything to do with that scalp showing up on her doorstep. Hell, at this point, Laurel probably had that sent to herself to set all of this in motion (and if she did, who knows if that is really her mother or someone else)? Now granted, criminal mastermind Laurel COULD be interesting, certainly more interesting than damsel in distress from a shitty family Laurel. If the show goes with that route, it might keep my interest. But if this means the team will have to somehow rescue Laurel from her family, I'm not here for that. Of course, I don't have confidence the writers have thought all of this out, so who knows what will happen next season?

I wanted to know more about Michaela's father and how Annaliese knows him. Have we seen a "Dwight" before on this show? We must have, because otherwise how would they know he is somehow connected to Annaliese. Is that Annaliese's father or something (which if so is kind of ooky)? I can't remember her father's name. But otherwise, unless that person is obviously related to Annaliese, how would the kids know the connection? 

I hope Tegan didn't have anything to do with poisoning Emmett. I like her too much for her to become a villain, but if she did it, it was likely to save her own ass from the Castillo family. But still...

I don't really care what Telesco will say to Gabriel's mother. 

I GET why Frank framed Miller for Nate Sr's death to protect Bonnie, but it's still a crappy thing to do. Granted, this more on Nate Jr than anything.  I am glad Miller turned out to be a good guy in the end, only because I didn't want Nate and Bonnie to have the self satisfaction. But of course, now they think they were in the right, or at least don't have to acknowledge how brutal they both can be. 

Even though the writers typically make up stuff as they go along, I do hope they have some sort of endgame of how this murder house of cards will come crashing down around everyone. Of course, this show is in the same family as Scandal (even if they have different writers and producers), and I saw how those writers screwed up that ending, so I don't have too much hope here. 

I agree with Laurel somehow gaining Wes’s special snowflake status. I guess the show thought the Mahoney’s didn’t make enough of a big bad but I’m over the Castillo’s.

At first I thought “Dwight” might have been one of Anna Mae’s relatives, but her brother is named Thelonius and her dad is Mac. I do have one more episode to check on Netflix. Either way I’m not surprised that Annalise knows this person. It’s been established that all of the K5 were chosen for a reason and Frank did background checks. 

I understand why Frank & Annalise lied to Bonnie & Nate, however I hate the stereotype they have turned Nate into. I also think the lie was more to protect Bonnie than Nate. 

That said, while Miller was indeed innocent of Nate Sr’s murder, he was clearly influenced in his thinking that AK is no good, possibility by Denver. Was he using Gabriel as a mole for the FBI or something else? 

On 3/1/2019 at 8:08 AM, PsychoDrone said:

I agree with others that Laurel staged her own kidnapping.  It certainly fits.  I think Emmett was poisoned so it appears to be a heart attack.  The poison may not have been in the drink since the poisoner wouldn't be sure that only Emmett would drink it.  But, the timing is perfect.  The governor goes on TV pointing the finger at Emmett, he dies of heart attack, and then case closed.  FBI already has stains from its investigating, so they will want to just close it and be done with it.  Of course, if Tegan poisoned Emmett, then none of the above applies.

Annalise really has no degrees of separation from her students.  Now she knows Michaela's father?!?!?  Come on show, you're making it even harder for me to suspend disbelief.

AK never had separation from her students. The K5 were all curated for their connections. That’s why Frank has files on everyone.

On 3/1/2019 at 5:35 PM, Anela said:

I wonder why Shonda can't write a show that doesn't involve an evil overlord family. The closest I've seen, from what I've watched is Grey's Anatomy, where both of her parents sucked, but they weren't super-rich people, out to run/destroy the world. They didn't run around killing people. Scandal was only good for a season or two.

Anyway.. Tegan will probably be framed for Emmett's death, since he's most likely to be the new dead person. 

I think Laurel staged her disappearance, and that's why she thanked Annalise. And what's with keeping parts of dead bodies, and murders, around the house?! 

Shonda doesn’t write this show. Pete Norwalk does.

I don’t think Tegan will be framed for Emmett’s death if he does. She was on the phone with AK so she has an alibi. I do think there is more to Tegan than meets the eye. She appears to have backups of the Antares files. She easily produced damning evidence in order to help Emmett. 

Laurel definitelytook a runner. Her thank you to AK felt like a farewell.

On 3/2/2019 at 6:10 PM, possibilities said:

Nate is turning into Frank.

Do people really think Tegan killed Emmett? What would be her motive? I thought she might get framed for it, but I hadn't considered she might actually be guilty.

I don’t think Tegan poisoned Emmet, but it would make a good plot twist. If Emmett was gone, wouldn’t she be next in line to run C & G?

22 hours ago, Shorty186 said:

I'm confused about Michaela's birth parents. I thought her father killed her mother and was therefore in jail. I would think that's all you need to know about said birth father. And no one should make Michaela feel guilty for not wanting to know who he is. From the way Connor and Oliver were reacting, I got the sense that Michaela and Gabriel were going to end up being related. Cut to them finally hooking up.

I couldn't tell if Frank was still hung up on Laurel. I thought he was into Bonnie until he said something like, "I know we're never going to be together but Christopher is my boy." And then Bonnie's possible pregnancy seemed so random. For 5 minutes she thought she was pregnant, but she was actually feeling ill because of her continued guilt over Miller?

They’ve never mentioned that Micheala’s bio dad was in jail. Sadly if he had killed her biomom, chances are 20 odd years later he’d be out by now. I thought it was a selfish of Laurel to try and set Coliver up to take care of Christopher. Like it or not both AK and Frank are very invested in that little boy. Laurel had that whole christening ceremony  nameing them as god parents and when it comes down to it she awards someone else custody. So what, Coliver is supposed to fight AK & Frank for custody?

cliffhangers for me:

I still don’t trust Gabriel. He refuses to believe Wes killed Sam and he was a mole for Miller. Miller also had done enough digging to find out about the attempted adoption of Wes. Was Miller working with the governor but didn’t know Xavier was working with her as well?

I’m not 100% sure Bonnie isn’t pregnant. What’s the deal with her sister and missing child?

Is Emmett alive or dead? ( I’m sure that depends on whether he pilot is picked up or not).

Since Jack has expressed an interest in directing, maybe we can get more on Connor’s background. I kinda assumed it was Jeff who has a skeleton in the closet that made AK choose him, but it might be more interesting if it was something to do with Pam.

Nate still has Denver’s files. Will we see anything more of that?

I think Tegan has backups of Antares files. 

Governor Birkhead is clearly dirty. I’d rather see more of her as the big bad than the Castillo family. If so, I hope they give Laura Ines a better wig. 

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 5

Can someone explain why people keep acting like the revelation that Annaliese once tried to adopt Wes is such a big "dun dun dun?" So the fuck what? The woman had just been in a tragic car accident that resulted in the death of her newborn baby; all of that can be easily proved so what's so evil about someone, acting out of grief, trying to adopt a child? I don't get how that would open up any questions about Wes' death; why would that make her a suspect? I'm confused about why this is so scandalous. It doesn't look good in terms of optics, I guess, but it's so easily swatted away by basic common sense and human compassion that I don't get why Annaliese is so worried about it becoming common knowledge. Can someone explain the nuance to me? 

I hope if there's another season it opens with the K...4 I guess? discussing how they suspect Laurel disappeared herself and Christopher. Just let.them.go.

• Love 4
On 3/7/2019 at 10:24 AM, rubyred said:

Can someone explain why people keep acting like the revelation that Annaliese once tried to adopt Wes is such a big "dun dun dun?" So the fuck what? The woman had just been in a tragic car accident that resulted in the death of her newborn baby; all of that can be easily proved so what's so evil about someone, acting out of grief, trying to adopt a child? I don't get how that would open up any questions about Wes' death; why would that make her a suspect? I'm confused about why this is so scandalous. It doesn't look good in terms of optics, I guess, but it's so easily swatted away by basic common sense and human compassion that I don't get why Annaliese is so worried about it becoming common knowledge. Can someone explain the nuance to me? 

The logic AK explained in one episode or another was that if it came out that she had a prior relationship with the person who killed her husband, particularly one that went beyond student-teacher, it would cause the authorities to re-examine Sam's killing and consider her possibly involved. 

To try to put it in context, AK wanted to adopt Wes desperately. Sam didn't want to adopt Wes. As far as we know, Wes has no idea about any of this. 

But it wouldn't be too hard for someone to imagine that he did. That AK told him. That AK still carries resentment from not having been able to adopt Wes, and from not being able to have her own children with Sam. That AK also carries resentment from Sam cheating on her and getting that other woman pregnant. Someone could come to the conclusion that AK and Wes were in cahoots.

• Love 4
On 3/11/2019 at 5:36 AM, judyri said:

OK, so Laurel, Mom of the Year ('my baby witnessed a beating') gets her Mom's scalp special delivered and leaves it on the table for days?

Between psycho Lauren and her psycho parents, being out in the snow is probably the MOST normal that baby is going to be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I've just watced the season finale. Should I give a damn about Laurel and her kid gone missing? Because I really don't. In fact, even the carpet on the floor or the milk box in the fridge gets my attention more than that annoying, sadfaced crybaby. She just gives me headache. 

• Love 6