Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ginger90

S09.E01: Love Is In The Air

Recommended Posts

With the due date near, Jinger and Jeremy get ready to meet baby Vuolo; John whisks Abbie away on a surprise trip to ask for her hand in marriage; and Jinger's labor takes an unexpected turn.

Share this post


Link to post

22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

With the due date near, Jinger and Jeremy get ready to meet baby Vuolo; John whisks Abbie away on a surprise trip to ask for her hand in marriage; and Jinger's labor takes an unexpected turn.

Can you edit the title to reflect S09.E01 so we don't get in trouble for being out of format? 

Show hasn't aired here yet, but it looks like a bunch of recycled material. Shocker.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Can you edit the title to reflect S09.E01 so we don't get in trouble for being out of format? 

.

No, I can’t  edit it. I contacted a Mod.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Did they show the same scene of Jana saying, "Jinger is due soon, blah ,blah, blah" like 6 times or was it just me?

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Can you edit the title to reflect S09.E01 so we don't get in trouble for being out of format? 

Show hasn't aired here yet, but it looks like a bunch of recycled material. Shocker.

They couldn't make this go slower if they tried. They're moving at sloth speed. Don't they know we saw everything already in real time?

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was so hoping I would not have to hear about Jeremy and his books again. What his soccer jersey's cannot fit in his office with all his books? 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Prediction: jana is courting, but they won't announce it until the very end of the season finale. They'll tease us with, "they say it's you," right up until that last episode to keep everyone watching through the whole season, because they don't have enough footage of the courtship yet to make it into this season. Thus, people will watch every episode to see if Jana's courting, especially the finale, where they will tease the hell out of it. Then, they'll have a big announcement on the last episode, basically guaranteeing ratings for this season and the finale. Then, ratings are guaranteed for their next season, the courtship, and the next one, the marriage. They can get three seasons out of jana if they do it right!

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

The hot sauce tasting was ridiculous. And went on and on and on......

Jinjer looked beautiful in her talking heads. Her skin and hair looking so healthy. Pregnancy and a few extra pounds agrees with her. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I was so hoping I would not have to hear about Jeremy and his books again. What his soccer jersey's cannot fit in his office with all his books? 

In his defense - I don't know why the Jerseys can't hang in the hallway. The baby doesn't care what is on the wall (that fruity picture over the crib wasn't exactly a eye catcher). Or in their case - their living/guest room doesn't have to be that formal - as the jerseys would make a great conversational piece.

I'm not saying he was a highly paid, long career, MVP, hall of fame player {insert a name} , whose treasures any reasonable person would know not to touch without explicit advance permission while wearing gloves, the jerseys represented  HIS professional sports career. I am trying to figure out does this remodeling crew have that much disregard for his sports playing/reading memories or it is Jeremy.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

anyone remember why Jinger/Jermey picked a hospital in San Antonio as opposed to the city they live in - Laredo ? didn't seem like the cities were that close to one another. A destination birth ?

Mrs Caldwell kinda did the same thing -  I know they moved states late (which I don't know why that event couldn't wait a few months) in her pregnancy but still..

Wondering if this is another trend that TLC/UPN is trying to  encourage... we have destination proposals & courtships, elaborate gender revels, events where people go on a scavenger hunt... not everything has to be over the top big..

Edited by sATL
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

 Giving a positive shout out to Abbie's pink dress ! It looked very good on her.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Aww, I can't help but like John. He's sweet, genuine, well spoken (for a Duggar especially), and his dorkiness is endearing. He and Abbie seem really well matched.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

The proposal was so cute I had tears in my eyes (I'm such a softy). You could tell they wanted to kiss as well I wish they did, just for Michelle & JB's head to explode.

Haven't we already seen Jinger give birth?

Also seems their talking about Josiah & Lauren's Miscarriage next week well that's gonna be sad, not sure if I'd wanna talk about that on tv but its up to them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Abbie and John are the only Duggars I really like, they seem human? Though John should really learn to chew with his mouth shut.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I can't believe that Abbie didn't notice the marquee with "Abbie, will you marry me" written on it. I can't believe the wedding planners even anticipated the possibility that Abbie would notice before John popped the question. Still, I liked the way JD asked if Abbie had any plans for the rest of her life. That seems like such a JD way to propose.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, sATL said:

anyone remember why Jinger/Jermey picked a hospital in San Antonio as opposed to the city they live in - Laredo ? didn't seem like the cities were that close to one another. A destination birth ?

IIRC they had already selected a person who's a "birth coach" or "midwife" based in San Antonio, intending that Jinger would deliver in a "birthing center" there. Then they wound up going to a San Antonio hospital for the birth instead of that birthing place.

Who knows why they picked that person to start with? Maybe they couldn't find anyone they liked in Laredo. And maybe they decided to skip the legal/citizenship documentation problems encountered by people using midwives in Laredo - a border city - to deliver their babies. It's been a problem in the past that has been revived lately. They could have decided San Antonio was just an overall safer place to use a midwife, and then by the time Jinger was ready to pop, chose the hospital instead of the birthing center.

Before her delivery date arrived, Jinger had seen all three of her married sisters - Jill, Jessa, and Joy - experience complications with attempted home births. Jessa is the only one who actually gave birth at home, but after the first delivery she started hemorrhaging and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. Jill (twice) and Joy (her only pregnancy) had to be taken to the hospital for unplanned/emergency C-sections. So the Duggar daughters are 1 for 5 when it comes to successful/uncomplicated home births. Jessa's second was the only home birth with no reported complications and no ambulance ride to the hospital. 

With those odds, Jinger and Jeremy may have decided that Jesus was okay with them getting the prenatal and labor/delivery care they had the most confidence in, far enough from the border to avoid legal hassles with their child's birth documentation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Did I see Josie and Jordyn suddenly become old enough to sit on the couch by themselves?

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

So let me recap what I watched, i.e., slept through last night. Some girls made salsa, Bossy Duggar girls moved Jeremy's jerseys and hung a picture of cactus, set up a crib and we watched Jinger go into labor....again and the last two minutes JD proposed to Abby. Riveting.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

I like John and Abbey too. Their love is so endearing.  Man, talk about being giddy. lol  I did notice though that John seemed rather tired or sick in those cameo shots where he was talking to the camera.  He seemed drowsy, medicated or ill.  I surmise he's okay now.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The fondue "double dipping" banter between Joy and Austin in their kitchen was funny.  It was good "Seinfeld" material!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Pasha Kitty said:

The fondue "double dipping" banter between Joy and Austin in their kitchen was funny.  It was good "Seinfeld" material!  

I am so unimpressed with Austin.  He can sure slaughter the English language!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Are we supposed to believe Jinger waited until week 39 to prepare a nursery? No way! That was just a plot given so the other "Counting On" gals could be in the scenes if you ask me. I would bet their other spare bedroom was already set up as the nursery and those jerseys went right back in there. Oh wait....where are the books then? Hmmm.....anyone else think the baby room was a bit too drab, especially since they already knew it was a girl? I'd expect some pastel pink walls!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

They also don’t have crunchy midwives in Laredo.  There are some that will take care of the whole Rio Grande Valley, but you’re still birthing at home.  I’m not aware of any true birthing centers in Laredo, just their big hospital.

I suspect location didn’t really matter to them because once Joy had her gigantic baby, Jinger had made the decision to induce a few days early anyways.  I bet the next birth will be in Laredo if they are still there.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

ded that Jesus was okay with them getting the prenatal and labor/delivery care they had the most confidence in, far enough from the border to avoid legal hassles with their child's birth documentation.

I don't see Jinger squatting over an inflatible pool in their living room as fitting in with Jer's Brooks Brother's image.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post

I think it was Jinger's plan to go to the hospital all along. I'd bet her O.B. wasn't willing to appear on camera, so they sought out the birth center for the purposes of gathering footage. The midwife acts as a labor coach and her facility gets a ton of free publicity. Jinger gets her epidural and peace of mind. Win/win for everyone involved.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

So can someone tell what JD’s and Abby’s courting standards were? Walked away during that part. They seem physically closer than any other couple so I’m guessing they said hand holding and hugs were ok the whole time but not kissing (that they’ll admit to)? He looks elated to be with her — is it possible that he looks younger and “hotter”? Not truly hot but hot for an average balding pudgy guy. Maybe it’s just his happiness makes him look better? She has the most deadpan manner of speaking . . . but they’re both socially awkward together so it works.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, cereality said:

So can someone tell what JD’s and Abby’s courting standards were? Walked away during that part. They seem physically closer than any other couple so I’m guessing they said hand holding and hugs were ok the whole time but not kissing (that they’ll admit to)? He looks elated to be with her — is it possible that he looks younger and “hotter”? Not truly hot but hot for an average balding pudgy guy. Maybe it’s just his happiness makes him look better? She has the most deadpan manner of speaking . . . but they’re both socially awkward together so it works.

It wouldn't surprise me if they kissed before marriage but recited the party line for the cameras. We've seen several pre-engagement Instagram pictures where Abbie's boobs were smushed into JD as they hugged or posed for the camera. Their body language seems way too familiar for two people who've never locked lips. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, Puffin said:

The proposal was so cute I had tears in my eyes (I'm such a softy). You could tell they wanted to kiss as well I wish they did, just for Michelle & JB's head to explode.

Haven't we already seen Jinger give birth?

Also seems their talking about Josiah & Lauren's Miscarriage next week well that's gonna be sad, not sure if I'd wanna talk about that on tv but its up to them. 

Lauren talked about it to magazines, so I guess that is apart her healing/grieving process - talking about it..

There is one sentence in the article that concerned me  - " ... Lauren then described the moment ... " ( link ) .Wonder how she states the event next week on tv. Was Joisah sitting next to her in the preview ? 

Edited by sATL

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, cereality said:

So can someone tell what JD’s and Abby’s courting standards were? Walked away during that part. They seem physically closer than any other couple so I’m guessing they said hand holding and hugs were ok the whole time but not kissing (that they’ll admit to)? He looks elated to be with her — is it possible that he looks younger and “hotter”? Not truly hot but hot for an average balding pudgy guy. Maybe it’s just his happiness makes him look better? She has the most deadpan manner of speaking . . . but they’re both socially awkward together so it works.

actually I'm thinking JD and Abbie will "abstain" from too much physical contact mainly b/c of their younger unmarried siblings.. They both have too many young "eyes" that they would want to be an example for - esp. JD.  Because of Josh - JD now sets the standard as the eldest brother. So they stated they will allow more than others b/c of their ages, but I think they both feel it is best to have a line. Plus Ma and Pa Burnett probably want  some-kind line b/c the rest of their offspring had one.

I did like JD point about the first kiss at the wedding - he said something like - that is what people came to see, so lets give them something to look at. 

Edited by sATL
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

If that’s true and not “made for teevee” bullshit, that’s really sad. A couple’s first kiss (or anything else) is their business.

Selling it for ratings is one short step from prostitution, IMO.

If even the guests are just there for cheap thrills, elope FFS.

It’s just gross.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

I’m glad I didn’t waste time watching more re-hashing of re-hashes that have already been played out and broadcast in real life, and instagram. 

“That’s what people came to see”?!  Not a couple finding happiness and starting their lives together?  Just the danged kiss?  Ugh. Get over your obsession, people!!

i, too, am curious what their physical standards were, if any different from the usual. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

13 minutes ago, awaken said:

I’m glad I didn’t waste time watching more re-hashing of re-hashes that have already been played out and broadcast in real life, and instagram. 

“That’s what people came to see”?!  Not a couple finding happiness and starting their lives together?  Just the danged kiss?  Ugh. Get over your obsession, people!!

i, too, am curious what their physical standards were, if any different from the usual. 

Jabbie were more demonstrably affectionate, even before they got engaged.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

If that’s true and not “made for teevee” bullshit, that’s really sad. A couple’s first kiss (or anything else) is their business.

Selling it for ratings is one short step from prostitution, IMO.

If even the guests are just there for cheap thrills, elope FFS.

It’s just gross.

I guess this particular group of people has just gotten used to getting all their thrills at weddings. Their lives and belief systems have made them like a school cafeteria full of leering prepubescents-just-about-to--teeter-over-into-full-blown-pubescence and therefore tittering at everything. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. It's just hard to get your head around a bunch of adults and teenagers who never say anything but "Are you courting?  Are you pregnant? They're saving the first kiss! Tee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee!" 

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, cereality said:

So can someone tell what JD’s and Abby’s courting standards were? Walked away during that part. They seem physically closer than any other couple so I’m guessing they said hand holding and hugs were ok the whole time but not kissing (that they’ll admit to)? He looks elated to be with her — is it possible that he looks younger and “hotter”? Not truly hot but hot for an average balding pudgy guy. Maybe it’s just his happiness makes him look better? She has the most deadpan manner of speaking . . . but they’re both socially awkward together so it works.

They didn't really specify. John only said that their standards were different from his other siblings because they were more mature (since they were also about 10 years older than most of the others were when they started courting). He also reiterated that it was up to each couple to set their own standards. He and Abbie made a detailed list of the physical lines they did not want to cross (definitely no kissing until marriage, according to them), but there were things they were fine with, like his putting his arm around her and hugging.

Edited by graefin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Actually he said their standards were different from some of his siblings.  I think their standards were probably very close to Jinger and Jeremy.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they kissed before marriage but recited the party line for the cameras. We've seen several pre-engagement Instagram pictures where Abbie's boobs were smushed into JD as they hugged or posed for the camera. Their body language seems way too familiar for two people who've never locked lips. 

She was totally about to go in for a kiss! and instead just touched foreheads.

JD is so freaking hot when he's happy. I used to think he was the dumpiest of them all.

I can't help it but i found it incredibly adorable when Jinger asked Jeremy what his favorite part of the room was and he immediately put his hands on her stomach. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Ratings are in. Looks a lot like last season, IIRC. An 0.29 share and 1.15 million viewers.

I got mildly curious as to how this show rates compared to other TLC series' first-run episodes. I looked at ratings for the most recent new episodes of a few other TLC series earlier today. Didn't take notes and life happened in the meantime. As best I can recall, Counting on is:

  • doing a little better than Twitney's show (MBFFL)
  • doing a bit worse than My 600 Pound Life
  • I think got outperformed by Sister Wives although it beat out Searching for a New Toy Sister Wife or whatever they call it. (I just can't with any of those polygamy shows and the promos for "searching for" are extra skeevy to me.)

Overall, it struck me that those shows' ratings weren't dramatically different from Counting On's

  • Like 2
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, gunderda said:

She was totally about to go in for a kiss! and instead just touched foreheads.

JD is so freaking hot when he's happy. I used to think he was the dumpiest of them all.

I can't help it but i found it incredibly adorable when Jinger asked Jeremy what his favorite part of the room was and he immediately put his hands on her stomach. 

I know.... he has my vote for most improved Duggar/fundie. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Ratings are in. Looks a lot like last season, IIRC. An 0.29 share and 1.15 million viewers.

I got mildly curious as to how this show rates compared to other TLC series' first-run episodes. I looked at ratings for the most recent new episodes of a few other TLC series earlier today. Didn't take notes and life happened in the meantime. As best I can recall, Counting on is:

  • doing a little better than Twitney's show (MBFFL)
  • doing a bit worse than My 600 Pound Life
  • I think got outperformed by Sister Wives although it beat out Searching for a New Toy Sister Wife or whatever they call it. (I just can't with any of those polygamy shows and the promos for "searching for" are extra skeevy to me.)

Overall, it struck me that those shows' ratings weren't dramatically different from Counting On's

wondering did Jazz bump down the rest, including counting On since the long awaited surgery finally happened.

Didn't we see JD and Abbie wedding last season ? If so , maybe the rest of the viewers are getting a little annoyed with the backwards thing Counting on does. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Ratings are in. Looks a lot like last season, IIRC. An 0.29 share and 1.15 million viewers.

I got mildly curious as to how this show rates compared to other TLC series' first-run episodes. I looked at ratings for the most recent new episodes of a few other TLC series earlier today. Didn't take notes and life happened in the meantime. As best I can recall, Counting on is:

  • doing a little better than Twitney's show (MBFFL)
  • doing a bit worse than My 600 Pound Life
  • I think got outperformed by Sister Wives although it beat out Searching for a New Toy Sister Wife or whatever they call it. (I just can't with any of those polygamy shows and the promos for "searching for" are extra skeevy to me.)

Overall, it struck me that those shows' ratings weren't dramatically different from Counting On's

Crap. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/13/2019 at 10:43 AM, Absolom said:

Actually he said their standards were different from some of his siblings.  I think their standards were probably very close to Jinger and Jeremy.  

Yes that’s what he said. I definitely think Jinger and Jeremy kissed before marriage. Probably not right away, but after they were officially courting. I also believe Abbie and JD kissed before marriage but perhaps not until they were engaged. 

I think JD and Abbie really do like each other quite a bit, they are always smiling around each other. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/13/2019 at 12:18 PM, Jeeves said:

Ratings are in. Looks a lot like last season, IIRC. An 0.29 share and 1.15 million viewers.

I got mildly curious as to how this show rates compared to other TLC series' first-run episodes. I looked at ratings for the most recent new episodes of a few other TLC series earlier today. Didn't take notes and life happened in the meantime. As best I can recall, Counting on is:

  • doing a little better than Twitney's show (MBFFL)
  • doing a bit worse than My 600 Pound Life
  • I think got outperformed by Sister Wives although it beat out Searching for a New Toy Sister Wife or whatever they call it. (I just can't with any of those polygamy shows and the promos for "searching for" are extra skeevy to me.)

Overall, it struck me that those shows' ratings weren't dramatically different from Counting On's

On 2/13/2019 at 3:41 PM, sATL said:

wondering did Jazz bump down the rest, including counting On since the long awaited surgery finally happened.

The ratings for I Am Jazz on February 12, the evening after the Counting On premiere: 1.027 million viewers and a .29 share. Jazz had a slightly lower viewer total than the Duggars, and the same audience share. It just occurred to me that although I have zero interest in watching that show I probably should set the DVR to record it in case that makes even a tiny bit of difference in its ratings. Because, Derick Dillard.

In the reports I linked, Counting On ranked #24 in ratings among Monday shows, and I Am Jazz ranked #18 among Tuesday shows. On Wednesday, TLC's My 600-lb Life ranked #8 with 1.219 million viewers and a .35 share.

BTW, over on the UP channel, last week's (Thursday 2/7) episode of Bringing Up Bates ranked #148 among Thursday shows, with 227,000 viewers and a .04 share. Which tells me if JB ever hears leghumpers urging the Duggars to leave the sinful decadent TLC for the righteous UP network? He must have to make a mighty effort to keep sweet when faced with the idea of such a downturn in viewership and money.

Edited by Jeeves · Reason: Because "more" and "less" mean different things.
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Don’t you have to have a Neilson box in order to be counted as part of the ratings?

Well, they used to also have some kind of viewing diary that you filled out. I think they may still have those. And those count into the ratings in some way or other (or do if they still exist). We used to have one of those. You filled in everything you watched. But we didn't have a box. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm glad that JD & Abbie are ga-ga over one another (as opposed to Josiah & Lauren who barely seem to  like one other) but I hope JD doesn't take it to the extremes like his father.  I thought he sounded just like JB when he went on about how gorgeous she is & lucky he was to find Abbie & that she wanted to marry him of all people when they were talking in a TH. I'm hoping we don't have to here these same accolades every time they appear together like we do when JB praises Mechelle every opportunity he gets. Like we keep saying, these poor kids are raised with such an inferiority complex they believe they are nothing if they havent found that special someone by the time they are 25. They are so surprised someone is still interested in them at such an "advanced" age when they do finally find him or her. When JD came in Lauren's kitchen to whisk her away for the proposal, the tone of his voice changed to that of a sweet giggly teenage girl.  (Sorry, don't know how else to explain it.)  It's one thing to talk to each other that way in private but just seems weird for an older guy to sound like this when he knows he's going to be on TV or maybe he's so much in love he doesn't care or realize he came across this way.  (I'm hoping for the latter.) 

Edited by Barb23
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size