Type keyword(s) to search

Million Dollar Listing LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I don't know which annoyed me more on that private plane trip: the "AB" pillows (yes, we get it, Josh, Altman Brothers--cool story, bro) or the fact that not one of those delicious bagels from that monster platter was so much as nibbled on.  I mean, I'm sure Heather hasn't eaten a carb since 2018, but I would've thought Flagg would dig into one.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

So, I live in a "no-state-income-tax" state.

The great news?  No state income tax.

The bad news?  They gotta get it from somewhere.  The best place for them to get your $$ is from....you guessed it....your property.  Our property taxes are double, triple other states.

So these "great deals" in Henderson will end up costing the buyers more than they bargained for, especially once the city starts levying additional taxes for, oh, say, all the extra water these enormous homes will need, etc.

Except if you have a multi million dollar INCOME you will still come out ahead because your income taxes would be more than property taxes. Property taxes are less of a cost factor to the ultra wealthy than the middle or 3rd upper middle class.  

Also property taxes are pretty high in many suburban areas that have high income taxes.  For example, taxes in the suburbs or New York City are high and you are taxed New York City taxes if you work in the city. Residential property  taxes in New York City actually are relatively low because there is a very strong commercial tax base. But a place like Scarsdale will have high property taxes as will suburbs in New Jersey and Connecticut 

Edited by amarante
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

I don't really care how nice or not nice Vegas is. My point is that we are expected to enjoy watching these LA realtors sell homes that don't exist, in the pre-building stages, hence "selling dirt". I mean this is a TV show and how exciting is that going to be? 

Go back to LA, people. Of course, Heather is born and bred in Vegas so she is going to be the go to person with all things Vegas. Or so she thinks. Ugggh!

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

Florida and Texas don't have state tax. That's why so many people and businesses move to those states. There is more new construction, as well. And the property tax wouldn't be as high as state tax. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

Also, Henderson is considered more upscale than a lot of other places in the Vegas Valley.

The only "upscale" area in Henderson is McDonald Highlands. But as a whole, Henderson is not considered so. Lots of young families and tons of traffic.

Summerlin (on the western rim) is considered upscale with The Ridges, The Summit, and Country Club estates, just to name a few. 

• Useful 2

LOL, I thought the same thing about the bagels & fruit tray.  More carbs than any of these people have seen in a while.

I bet the camera crew was just waiting to wrap so they could dig in.

Josh F. is trying to make Andrew happen.  I don't know, there's something I don't love about Andrew.  For all of Josh Flagg's eccentric behavior, he's totally authentic, and I think he really does love having a tall, handsome puppy.  But bringing him along in business is a mistake.

Tracy & Josh Flagg were on WWHL a couple of weeks ago.  They told Andy Cohen that they are so close, that for their trip to NY for the show, they opted for one large suite instead of two separate rooms.  The suite only has 1 king bed, which they shared.  Andy seemed shocked, but they said they are so close they love sleeping in the same bed.  

When Andy asked about Tracy's friendship with Bobby, Tracy looked at Josh and said, "well, this is my guy", indicating that she's chosen her relationship with Josh F. over Bobby.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
14 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

The only "upscale" area in Henderson is McDonald Highlands. But as a whole, Henderson is not considered so. Lots of young families and tons of traffic.

Summerlin (on the western rim) is considered upscale with The Ridges, The Summit, and Country Club estates, just to name a few. 

Yeah, I used to live in Summerlin. Floyd Mayweather lives in Southern Highlands, in fact as of a few years ago the most expensive house in Vegas was located there. The neighborhoods are creeping ever so steadily both north and south. Before I moved away I lived in Centennial Hills and they're building a lot on that side too. I think it's odd they chose Henderson for those pricey new builds featured on the show, TBH.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 2/18/2023 at 11:17 AM, Starlight925 said:

So, I live in a "no-state-income-tax" state.

The great news?  No state income tax.

The bad news?  They gotta get it from somewhere.  The best place for them to get your $$ is from....you guessed it....your property.  Our property taxes are double, triple other states.

So these "great deals" in Henderson will end up costing the buyers more than they bargained for, especially once the city starts levying additional taxes for, oh, say, all the extra water these enormous homes will need, etc.

Yes, Same for Texas. No state income tax but the highest property taxes in the nation. 

• Wink 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Marley said:

Tracy and Josh F think they are this hilarious duo and are prob angling for a show for them but there is nothing funny about their schtick or their out of touch fake lives.

What also hacks me off...Flagg showing up in his stupid tee shirt and I think even sweatpants to showings and to that Terra Firma meeting. I'm sure they are expensive but his V neck is a U neck, like that laundry commercial. Meanwhile Tracy and Heather are all dressed up and those folks from Terra Firma were too, in that heat.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, ML89 said:

What also hacks me off...Flagg showing up in his stupid tee shirt and I think even sweatpants to showings and to that Terra Firma meeting. I'm sure they are expensive but his V neck is a U neck, like that laundry commercial. Meanwhile Tracy and Heather are all dressed up and those folks from Terra Firma were too, in that heat.

He feels they should accommodate him. He even says so. Getting up in the middle of a meeting to pour himself more champagne is disrespectful, but he thinks he should be allowed to do whatever he wants. That's fine when you have inherited money but then don't pretend to work.

I noticed Andrew has already realized what his role is which is as Flagg's "minder" to get him places somewhat on time and to pass on info that Flagg doesn't think he needs to be present for. So basically he's an admin with benefits. I wonder if he got tired of Flagg's schtick sooner than Bobby did. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Genlovestv said:

It looks like Andrew and Josh broke up.  Andrew doesn't work for Josh's real estate team anymore.  It's been like 2 months since Josh posted anything about him.  

They're all listed under Douglas Elliman though. Both Joshes, Tracy, Heather and Andrew. Sooo....did they in fact not know him before or were they just pretending?

• Useful 5
9 minutes ago, rhofmovalley said:

They're all listed under Douglas Elliman though. Both Joshes, Tracy, Heather and Andrew. Sooo....did they in fact not know him before or were they just pretending?

Probably just pretending.  

• Like 2

What's with those AB pillows on the plane?  Its not the AB's plane - I'm sure it like a timeshare situation of just an overall rental.  So, with the pillows - does Heather just have those in her designer book tote and place them out when filming?  Does the flight crew have monogrammed pillows for everyone who rents the jet?  Who owns them? If the AB's don't own the pillow - do they get to take them home?  

I have more pillow questions in one post than I've ever had in my entire 58 years. 

• LOL 13
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

What's with those AB pillows on the plane?  Its not the AB's plane - I'm sure it like a timeshare situation of just an overall rental.  So, with the pillows - does Heather just have those in her designer book tote and place them out when filming? 

This is just one of MANY examples of how fake this show has become.

On 2/18/2023 at 9:50 AM, amarante said:

I wonder how much they were paid (BRAVO or the realtors) to essentially provide a half hour or more of promotional advertising for a boring development in Vegas.

The funny thing is that when you look beyond the "Yay team!  Altman Brothers pillows!" there is nothing really unique about the development.  Let's look at how they are marketing the lots:

1)  "Buyers have the unique ability to choose their own floorplans and finishes!:

Gee!  That is unique.  Nobody ever heard of a custom home before.

2)  "Buyers will be offered membership in the exclusive golf course country club!"

Because there are no exclusive country clubs or golf courses in California or other states.

3)  "The Las Vegas luxury market provides buyers with the opportunity to enjoy a lifestyle that simply does not exist in other destinations"

Really?  I wish there were other places where super rich people bought super expensive homes from super fake agents.  That would make a fun TV show!  But as the developers say in their ad, you have to go to Nevada because "That lifestyle simply does not exist in other destinations"

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Wow, Flagg. Calling a 16-year-old girl a "f--king c--t?"

WOW.

I would have decked him if I were Tracy.

Also I was impressed with Andrew for shutting down Flagg so that he couldn't make stupid excuses.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1

No way would my parents have allowed me to speak to an adult the way Tracy's daughter was speaking to Josh. That being said...NO WAY was his response appropriate, acceptable or in any way called for. I don't care if he's used to people allowing him to get away with saying stupid shit because that's just how he is. Probably why Bobby had enough and bailed. 

Time for Flagg to start acting like an adult.

And didn't Heather say she had decided to stay behind? Altman was supposed to know she didn't really mean it?

I bet those developers are so glad they decided to have their property showcased on this shit show.

And Flagg's sob story? How many years ago did he get picked on in school? And he's still using that as an excuse. Therapy isn't working. 

🙄

Edited by rhofmovalley
  • Like 11
1 hour ago, Surrealist said:

Wow, Flagg. Calling a 16-year-old girl a "f--king c--t?"

WOW.

I would have decked him if I were Tracy.

Also I was impressed with Andrew for shutting down Flagg so that he couldn't make stupid excuses.

Josh is such a fucking asshole.  Andrew and Josh broke up.  

• Like 7

I got the feeling Flagg's mea culpa had more to do with saving his butt from being booted off the show for harassment toward a co-worker and/or a minor than any real feelings of remorse. There seemed to be genuine worry on his part when he kept asking Tracy to speak with him alone and she wasn't having it. He couldn't control the situation with his usual schtick/charm.

Edited by QQQQ
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, rhofmovalley said:

And didn't Heather say she had decided to stay behind? Altman was supposed to know she didn't really mean it?

I was really struggling to find Altman’s fault in this situation. He asked if she wanted to stay at the house. She said yes. What am I missing, Heather?

• Like 17

So Flagg says that he and Andrew are past their 6 month honeymoon period, and still in love so that means that they are solid (not the exact word he used but the jist of it). OMG. I am amazed that his relationships with Colten and Bobby lasted as long as they did.

I actually liked Andrew on this trip, and think the bloom is off the rose because he is calling Flagg on some of his shit, just as Bobby did. Who else thinks that it  may be Andrew who left Flagg? In any case Andrew is already doing some of the stuff that Flagg complained that Bobby would do. As in point out his faults. 

I have actually thought previously that Tracy should call Flagg on how he treats her kids. Yes, her daughter doesn't treat Flagg with respect, but I suspect that Tracy's daughter is just giving back what she gets from Flagg. I don't think anyone automatically deserves respect (even an adult) if they do not give it in return.

Wasn't it one of the Terra Firma (what a boring name) guys who asked Heather if she was coming and she said she was staying back to work? I can see Altman being all about Altman, but Heather isn't exactly a shrinking violet so not sure why she didn't make her expectations known. Not sure if their dust up was for the sake of a storyline, but honestly this show is getting so far away from actually selling real estate (certainly in LA) that I am losing my interest. 

• Like 11

I was really bored this episode. I really don't want to spend an hour looking at gravel roads, dirt, and half-built construction sites.

There was a snippet in the episode where Heather clearly stated that she wasn't able to come to the site because she had work. I don't get it. I'm assuming it was a fake storyline for drama.

Ugh. Josh just gets worse and worse. I'm so disappointed, because I genuinely liked him when I first started watching this show (admittedly very late to the party). I'm not a huge Tracy fan, but she was absolutely right to say enough is enough. I hope Andrew dumped him.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Yes, her daughter doesn't treat Flagg with respect, but I suspect that Tracy's daughter is just giving back what she gets from Flagg. I don't think anyone automatically deserves respect (even an adult) if they do not give it in return.

I feel the same way. He's been meanspirited toward Juliet for some time now. I don't care if she gives him lip. He deserves it. He cuts people down all the time. He's bound to get pushback on occasion. I'm glad Tracy finally spoke up and took him to task.

• Like 10

Nobody covered themselves in glory last night except Andrew. There was a lot of appalling non adult behavior, although Flagg left everyone at the post and was halfway down the backstretch before anyone caught up. Tracy and Altman were terrible - not that Flagg doesn't drive them to it. Then Flagg behaving like that towards Tracy's child, she definitely had every right to tell him off. He's horrible and they let him do it.

Heather, you said I want to stay here - you had a chance to say "hey, I want to go." Although why you would want to traipse out there to the dirt is beyond me and wow, gang, no pictures? Do you know your phones have cameras? Although I'm sure the real camera crew could have hooked Heather up in a minute.

I didn't really care for Andrew last week and this week I want him to run far away from this whole circus. Amazing how the youngest person is the actual adult in the room. Glad he did break up with Flagg.

I'm sure the Terra Firma people are thrilled that they turned anything over to this group. And really, they didn't see any of the party plans? Anyone betting they sell that model house and the rest of it never gets developed? If I was in charge of that whole shebang, every plan for the party would be on my desk and I would be signing off on who was coming. Maybe HGTV could start a "Real Estate Impossible" for these folks.

Also, wasn't the model house way too close to the house next to it? I mean, I'm in a big development in Florida with small lots but I didn't pay 32 million to be 40 feet from my neighbors.

Edited by ML89
  • Like 11
On 2/20/2023 at 3:35 PM, Genlovestv said:

It looks like Andrew and Josh broke up.  Andrew doesn't work for Josh's real estate team anymore.  It's been like 2 months since Josh posted anything about him.  

I thought that, too. Then Jeff Lewis had Josh on as a guest just a few days ago and Josh said they were still together. Together 9 mos now and they never fight. He could be lying, though. Wouldn't be the first time. I remember when he said he and Bobby  had a very amicable split and they just grew apart. Suuuurrree, Flagg. 

That said, during that uncomfortable dinner Andrew's face said it all. Like a horrified light bulb went off and he was seeing Flagg in a whole different light. He's going to get tired of Flagg's shit soon enough. It does seem like Andrew has to babysit Flagg. This 23 yr old is going to get tired of course correcting a 37 yr old spoiled brat  soon enough. 

Was Heather really pissed at Altman? I couldn't tell if that was real or staged for the show. 

• Like 9

Heather 100% told Altman to go without her and that she had work to do.  Girl, if you want to be a CEO - then act like one and say "I'm going"  hard stop.  Ridiculous.  I think she didn't go because the glam squad was coming for their dinner reservation and she didn't want to miss that.  Josh A alluded to it at the dinner "I thought you had make-up"  Maybe she had second thoughts when the camera crew went with the others and she was not getting her screen time.  

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
35 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I thought that, too. Then Jeff Lewis had Josh on as a guest just a few days ago and Josh said they were still together. Together 9 mos now and they never fight. He could be lying, though. Wouldn't be the first time. I remember when he said he and Bobby  had a very amicable split and they just grew apart. Suuuurrree, Flagg. 

That said, during that uncomfortable dinner Andrew's face said it all. Like a horrified light bulb went off and he was seeing Flagg in a whole different light. He's going to get tired of Flagg's shit soon enough. It does seem like Andrew has to babysit Flagg. This 23 yr old is going to get tired of course correcting a 37 yr old spoiled brat  soon enough. 

Was Heather really pissed at Altman? I couldn't tell if that was real or staged for the show. 

That Jeff Lewis show is old.  Andrew seems like a wonderful guy and yes, he looked horrified.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
On 2/21/2023 at 6:20 PM, TheLastKidPicked said:

This is just one of MANY examples of how fake this show has become.

The funny thing is that when you look beyond the "Yay team!  Altman Brothers pillows!" there is nothing really unique about the development.  Let's look at how they are marketing the lots:

1)  "Buyers have the unique ability to choose their own floorplans and finishes!:

Gee!  That is unique.  Nobody ever heard of a custom home before.

2)  "Buyers will be offered membership in the exclusive golf course country club!"

Because there are no exclusive country clubs or golf courses in California or other states.

3)  "The Las Vegas luxury market provides buyers with the opportunity to enjoy a lifestyle that simply does not exist in other destinations"

Really?  I wish there were other places where super rich people bought super expensive homes from super fake agents.  That would make a fun TV show!  But as the developers say in their ad, you have to go to Nevada because "That lifestyle simply does not exist in other destinations"

The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach,  where do they think they are going to get their water and other resources,  there needs to be an end of all this rampant ego and greed driven development.    No more building in areas that weren't meant to be inhabited, thinking about the water crisis we have now in Arizona.  Do YOU really need a 32000 sqft 2nd home ?   These rich f@#$%^  should be ashamed, but they never are.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 15
  • Love 1

That developer looked disgusted when the trio were screwing around locking Flagg in the port-o-potty and cracking their lame jokes. Good lordt, I would have had second thoughts about this crew if I were him. 

Then Flagg shitting in Tracy's toilet. C'mon people. That was just not funny at all. 

Another cringey scene: Andrew tucking in Flagg for his nap, then laying on top of him to wake him up. My god. WTF kind of relationship is going on with these two? Andrew clearly likes to be the care taker in this duo.

Bobby got out just in time! 

They really need to stop with the forced comedy routines and get back to selling real estate in  overpriced Beverly Hills. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 14
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ML89 said:

I didn't really care for Andrew last week and this week I want him to run far away from this whole circus. Amazing how the youngest person is the actual adult in the room. Glad he did break up with Flagg.

I haven't minded Andrew, but he won me over last night. He confronted Flagg about his behavior.

I'm sure Bobby had done the same with Flagg.

At the very least, Andrew cut bait more quickly than Bobby and Colton.

1 hour ago, jrzy said:

The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach,  where do they think they are going to get their water and other resources,  there needs to be an end of all this rampant ego and greed driven development.    No more building in areas that weren't meant to be inhabited, thinking about the water crisis we have now in Arizona.  Do YOU really need a 32000 sqft 2nd home ?   These rich f@#$%^  should be ashamed, but they never are.  

You can't see it, but I'm over here giving you a standing ovation.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, jrzy said:

::waves from Florida:: THIS.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Looks like in the previews Flagg is as usual making this all about himself. Instead of realizing how his actions hurt others and taking steps to make real changes he's focusing on his own poor little feelings. Boo hoo for wealthy, spoiled little him. 🙄

If Andrew gets smart and ditches him he can just buy another very young boyfriend. Maybe he can find one who has very little life experience or self esteem so he can be sure to never get called out on his crappy, self absorbed behavior ever again. 

And everything Tracy said was 100% accurate. He's just been allowed to get away with it for his entire life. 

I used to like him. Was losing Bobby so much of a gut punch it caused his worst qualities to be magnified? Or was everyone complicit in covering for him until he finally went too far with Tracy's child?

• Like 9
12 minutes ago, rhofmovalley said:

I used to like him. Was losing Bobby so much of a gut punch it caused his worst qualities to be magnified? Or was everyone complicit in covering for him until he finally went too far with Tracy's child?

I think it's everyone complicit. Not like Bobby was a prince either. At least Josh F was right on one thing - he didn't need to have children. I'll give him points for that. Not much else, but at least he was self-aware enough to get that (or he didn't want to share the attention, but he ended up in the right place).

• Like 3

Flagg was dead wrong about what he said to Tracy's daughter, but he also assaulted Tracy herself 10 seconds before that.  Holding someone down and trying to kiss them, while they are saying no, is not all right.  He needs to apologize for that as well.

If Heather wants to go to the sites, she has to say so.  Several people asked if she was going and she said no each time.

• Like 12
17 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

No way would my parents have allowed me to speak to an adult the way Tracy's daughter was speaking to Josh. That being said...NO WAY was his response appropriate, acceptable or in any way called for. I don't care if he's used to people allowing him to get away with saying stupid shit because that's just how he is. Probably why Bobby had enough and bailed. 

Time for Flagg to start acting like an adult.

I bet those developers are so glad they decided to have their property showcased on this shit show.

And Flagg's sob story? How many years ago did he get picked on in school? And he's still using that as an excuse. Therapy isn't working. 

🙄

Guess money isn’t everything according to Flagg.  I think the real problem was losing his grandmother and Bobby.  All that and he’s heading for a breakdown.  Not liking him anymore.  Zero respect for women.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 5

I agree with most of everything that's been said about this past episode, except...I don't get the newfound love for Andrew. He went out of his way to badmouth his boyfriend to his boyfriend's friends, inserted himself into the drama between Heather and Josh A, and just when things were getting intense between Josh and Tracy, publicly inserted him into that situation as well to tell Josh what to do (a move that has never, ever worked to calm anyone down).

He was right to be upset about Flagg's behavior, but a) that behavior was not new (and so Andrew's own behavior can't be explained by being in shock) and b) there were plenty of more productive ways to address things after the fact or in private. 

I had been iffy on Andrew before, but after seeing this episode, I came away finding him attention hungry, immature, and obnoxious. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, tuesdays said:

I had been iffy on Andrew before, but after seeing this episode, I came away finding him attention hungry, immature, and obnoxious. 

Also a bit of a shit stirrer. Jumping in the pool and telling Altman that Heather was upset with him. He doesn't even know these people. I still don't care for him but give him props for realizing what Flagg did was wrong. That look on his face at dinner was like 'Holy shit, who am I getting myself involved with here and is this how he acts with his friends? 

Now the Flagg and Bobby issues are making more sense. I remember a few seasons ago at another realtor party Flagg was getting in to an argument with another realtor and Bobby told him to basically stop acting a fool and calm down which led to a big fight. I think Flagg wanted this young guy Andrew thinking he could mold him in to being his little trainable puppy dog. I don't think it's working out that way. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

Wow...where to begin on last night's show.  Talk about over-the-top in terms of real estate and "adult" behavior.   I can't imagine the indulgence of having a 32,000 square foot "second home."  If I had the money I wouldn't consider it.   I'm on the West Coast and the overbuilding they are doing everywhere here is just sickening.   We're generally in a state of drought so one wonders where all the water is going to come from?  They had to shut the grid down in hot weather for the existing dwellings we already have - where are THOSE resources going to come from for all these huge expensive places?  Okay - kicking soap box aside.

Flagg has been annoying me since the beginning of the season - he's always been a bit over the top for me but this season he's unbearable.   The way he skates through life and expects others to pick up his slack - so he can sleep an extra hour for example would be beyond limits if I were working with him.  I suppose it's because he grew up with wealth but really, he's supposed to be a business person making his own $$.   His behavior on last night's show was unbelievable.   I'd like to think it was all scripted but the anger (justifiably) from Tracy seemed quite real.  And the fact that the 23 year old at the table was the most adult out of all them spoke volumes.   When I saw that they were going to focus this season on the Altmans, Flagg and Tracy I had reservations about even watching this season.   I think Flagg will be on his best behavior for possibly one episode and then slide back into his condescending  and sarcastic self.  I'm definitely over him.  Let's hope next season is better.  This season pretty much felt like a soap opera, with a few nice houses thrown in for filler.

• Like 11

Finally just watched.  I thought the emotion was real.  I think Josh knows he really went too far and I think he really feel remorse.  He's not a good enough actor to pull that off.  But he is still an asshole

• Like 16

Oh, man.  It seemed to me that the language with Tracy's daughter was the healthy oak tree that broke the camel's back.  I am a sucker for taking people at their word, but Tracy's fury seemed real to me.  

OTOH, at first I sympathized with Heather, but it had to be scripted conflict.  She said Josh A didn't tell her about the site visit.  I work in a firm and there have been times when someone says I'll be at a meeting without telling me about it.  Then they expect me to cancel my calls or my own work to attend the meeting, which then I always do.  However, that cannot be what happened here - there is a filming crew, probably multiple crews, an itinerary, a call sheet, a schedule, even a script.  It's silly.  

• Like 12
21 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Guess money isn’t everything according to Flagg.  I think the real problem was losing his grandmother and Bobby.  All that and he’s heading for a breakdown.  Not liking him anymore.  Zero respect for women.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Wicked said:

Finally just watched.  I thought the emotion was real.  I think Josh knows he really went too far and I think he really feel remorse.  He's not a good enough actor to pull that off.  But he is still an asshole

I think Josh should stop drinking too. 

• Like 8