Type keyword(s) to search

Million Dollar Listing LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Well that was an awful episode from start to finish.  When Tracey and Flagg were running thru the house they were staying out trying to get dibs on bedrooms, while the Vegas developers were there it was like they were in an old-school Real World episode.  Made fools of themselves--and that was only the beginning. 

Tracey rightly called out Flagg for the inappropriate (to say the least) comments to her daughter, but this is what happens when boundaries have been trampled over for seasons.  He took it way too far, and that's on him, but maybe lesson learned on these stupid fake friendships with adolescent sensibilities the show has cultivated. 

I don't even know what the Heather drama was about.  Seemed like she clearly said she had work to do and didn't want to go, only to do a 180 and act like her CEO title (eye roll) wasn't being respected.  I was as confused as Altman at her rant about how she "does it all" and isn't treated equally. 

Lastly, that 32,000 house was a monstrosity. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think all of them drink way too much.    

I suspect ALL of them WILL be drinking lots more as the reality of that Las Vegas project hits.

They saw the 33,000 sq. ft. $32 million home & got hit with the reality that they'll need to sell 33 of those -- with only dirt to show the prospective client - & without so much as paved roads or laid out lot lines to show the parameters of the neighborhood or landscaping - and without the built-out country club to which membership will be offered.  18-24 months before home completion (& who knows how long for back-ordered custom-made stuff) & who knows how long for project amenities.  No wonder recent sparsely-detailed ads push Terra Firma lots at half the sq. footage & cost of that hugh monstrosity - homes of 8,000-15,000 sq. ft. at $12-15 million.

All when the real estate market is moving down & cash buyers are stashing cash elsewhere or at least in places that have WATER - not desert problems & fast-expansion woes.  In a state with no income tax, yes -- but WHAT will be the source of funds to build the infrastructure needed for the Las Vegas population influx? Rising property taxes? Plus, they heard the developer say he was counting on Orange County buyers - a market Tracy & Altman are only first trying to crack, not where they are firmly established. 

Stress-inducing to say the least.  Altman had his head in the game slightly better (except for locking Flagg in the porta-potty) but perhaps stress led Tracy & Flagg to act out even more than usual.  Maybe they were simply their usual childish self-absorbed selves but Flagg seemed even more obnoxious than usual (using Tracy's toilet, insulting her daughter) & Tracy less self-controlled than usual in dealing with his stupid antics.

As for Heather, she had the opportunity to explain her anger when speaking to Altman privately before dinner, but didn't say much then.  Instead, she unloaded in front of other people at dinner & Altman apologized but her issues were overshadowed by the Tracy/Flagg crap.  Next time, maybe she'll learn to open her mouth at the appropriate time privately -- not say one thing & mean another & act the martyr. ("I have work" isn't work on makeup/outfit selection. If she was closing escrows as she said - then yes, she had work. (But as I've said before, one ass can't dance at two weddings.) It seemed to be her choice. Not his fault.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 8
On 2/24/2023 at 11:58 AM, kristen111 said:

Guess money isn’t everything according to Flagg.  I think the real problem was losing his grandmother and Bobby.  All that and he’s heading for a breakdown.  Not liking him anymore.  Zero respect for women.

Flagg's grandmother died in 2014 in her mid-90's. They were close. He was lucky to have her around for so long, every reason to miss her, & Flagg's start in business due to Edith's business/social contacts. (What other 18-yr. old starts out of the gate selling million dollar Beverly Hills & Bel Air estates for his grandma's cronies?) 

But he's had 9 years to adjust to her death.  I see no connection between his recent antics & Edith's death or split with Bobby.  I do see a connection to Flagg's self-absorbed, friendless path to adulthood.  It's not grief or depression-driven - he just doesn't know how to act around people.  

Who calls a young teen (or any woman for that matter) what he called Tracy's daughter? You don't have to be around teens or have your own to know it was wrong.  Tracy's daughter clearly didn't care for the nature of his interactions with her.  Even if she was less than respectful to him, he's the adult - his comment to her was crude, mean, brainless, socially unskilled & far beyond teasing.  I don't know if he's headed to a breakdown or not - but he needs to work on himself & his interactions with people. He DEFINITELY mis-read that situation. 

• Like 12
7 hours ago, realityplease said:

but WHAT will be the source of funds to build the infrastructure needed for the Las Vegas population influx? Rising property taxes?

Many new LV communities come with SIDS or LIDS (i.e. Special Improvements for a particular District). Total amount varies from developer to developer, but the average cost is usually around 15K. SIDS are paid by the homeowner twice a year until paid off, or if they prefer, they can pay one lump sum and be done with it. 

If the homeowner decides to sell their house, and SIDS have not been paid off, the remaining balance will transfer to the buyer. Of course, many buyers will use that amount as a negotiation tool. Regardless, it is their responsibility.

Property taxes have a 3% cap, so depending on the price of the home and when you bought, they will eventually stabilize. Hope that answers your question(s).

Edited by Soapy Goddess
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Many new LV communities come with SIDS or LIDS (i.e. Special Improvements for a particular District). Total amount varies from developer to developer, but the average cost is usually around 15K. SIDS are paid by the homeowner twice a year until paid off, or if they prefer, they can pay one lump sum and be done with it. 

The big developments in Florida are similar- community development districts with bonds that are paid along with property taxes (CDD fees, if you’re buying in Florida, you’ve heard of them). I worked for one of the men who came up with the idea, years ago. But our property taxes aren’t capped. The bond pays for the infrastructure. 

Still, this looks like a boondoggle. “Business owners” is the market? How many of them are types that would need to launder money?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Something has bothered me about this whole Josh Flagg / Tracy situation.  

Had Tracy not reacted to Josh calling her daughter that vile and disgusting term, would he have apologized all on his own?? At dinner, he was completely fine and not at all bothered by what he said, it's only after Tracy went full momma bear on his ass, that he apologized.  Everyone is praising him on IG for his heartfelt apology, but it wasn't heartfelt because he was made to apologize.  Even when he apologized the first time, it was quite aggressive..

Now, he's feuding with Chrishell Strause from Selling Sunset??

Anyone feel the same?

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Genlovestv said:

Had Tracy not reacted to Josh calling her daughter that vile and disgusting term, would he have apologized all on his own??

Nope. I don't think he thought it was wrong until he was called on it.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Pine said:

Heather didn't look well at all in this episode. 

She's been looking exceedingly thin for a long time.

And at first I thought Altman may have been concerned about her low weight, but then he said he couldn't wait to see her in her Mad Max party outfit so I presume he means he likes the way she looks now?  Or he could be just being a supportive husband, IDK.  Either way, she is scary thin.  I hope she doesn't have a serious illness.

• Like 7
35 minutes ago, rhofmovalley said:

She's been looking exceedingly thin for a long time.

And at first I thought Altman may have been concerned about her low weight, but then he said he couldn't wait to see her in her Mad Max party outfit so I presume he means he likes the way she looks now?  Or he could be just being a supportive husband, IDK.  Either way, she is scary thin.  I hope she doesn't have a serious illness.

I've said the same a few times on here. She was once a very good looking & healthy looking woman before she moved to LA to be with Josh & was Madison's assistant. Not sure if it's her, him or both that prefers the stick insect look.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

She's been looking exceedingly thin for a long time. I hope she doesn't have a serious illness.

The illness is called sexism and societal expectations on female beauty.

5 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Not sure if it's her, him or both that prefers the stick insect look.

It's still on her, imo, no matter what he prefers. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4

Josh Flagg was always arrogant and behaved badly because of his family background and because he was an only child (he still acts like a spoiled brat). He only apologized to Tracy because he was forced to, and perhaps he was afraid of being accused of harassment as others said. He is entitlement personified. 

Andrew realized early in his relationship with Josh what Josh is. Let's see how long the relationship will last. 

• Like 1
On 2/18/2023 at 12:17 PM, Starlight925 said:

So, I live in a "no-state-income-tax" state.

The great news?  No state income tax.

The bad news?  They gotta get it from somewhere.  The best place for them to get your $$ is from....you guessed it....your property.  Our property taxes are double, triple other states.

Not to mention all the amenities they start demanding because they want life just like it was in the higher tax place they left... only without the taxes. Doesn't work that way.  In the meantime, the regular people who already lived there who don't have 10,000 sq ft houses watch their bills rise and rise.

I assume the proximity to the other houses is because they're basically building walled city states and the front is just a facade for the street. Life is lived inside and out back where you can't see the neighbors.

On 2/23/2023 at 11:31 PM, SilverLake0315 said:

I was really struggling to find Altman’s fault in this situation. He asked if she wanted to stay at the house. She said yes. What am I missing, Heather?

From what I gather, she wasn't included in the planning phase. As others have pointed out, they had a schedule, so she had to know what was going on. Sounds like she was trying to justify to herself that she couldn't go anyway because of her workload, but then it just festered until it blew up. She was tearful when she said she had to stay and work - the developer saw it, and so did the camera, but not her husband.  

That said, she's a grown woman and has to speak up. I think the deeper issue is that in these situations "speaking up" amounts to asking over and over to be included, begging, if you will. You're not a principal player if you constantly have to ask if you can come, too. Maybe she had shrugged it off and figured she'd work and do makeup but the reality of the camera crew and everybody else leaving while she stayed back like Flagg's uninvolved boyfriend was a bad look for the client. 

Whatever, there was no excuse for her behavior at dinner. That's a fight you have in the privacy of your room (camera crew optional). 

Josh... I felt for Tracy in the moment and later as the enormity of it landed on her. Not just that it happened, but that it would air, and her daughter would have to deal with it. I do agree that she had let things slide letting her daughter air her antagonism so openly - inviting children into adult-style banter generally doesn't end well because one side or another crosses a line.

As for Josh, the temperature in that car dropped about 50 degrees when he said that, and even after Tracy slapped him he kept grinning, pleased with himself. No, he can't read a room. 

Josh's boyfriend acquitted himself well, but he has cartoon character features (couldn't say which one).  Good looking, but he looks like a drawing.

I like the director's house pretty much as is structurally. Take out the dark bars and heavy draperies and the ugly wallpaper and I think you could still make it adorable without making it antiseptic. 

• Like 6
On 2/26/2023 at 6:47 PM, Grrarrggh said:

The illness is called sexism and societal expectations on female beauty.

I meant I hope she doesn't have cancer, Crohn's disease or severe anxiety or some other physical or mental illness. I had a serious illness that caused me to drop from my normal 130 pounds to under 100. Someone who I thought was a friend berated me for "dieting" and making myself too skinny when it wasn't that at all. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 3
  • Sad 2

As some of you know, I'm a geek about economics and finances.  Geeky enough that I read all about it during my free time.

We can see what is going to happen a mile away:

1)  The developers borrow piles of money from hedge funds, venture capitalists, and banks.

2)  The developers market the property by inviting high end real estate agents out to the site and stroke their egos with chartered jets and fast cars (this was actually pretty smart.  You have to get the agents to buy in to the project if you expect them to sell it).

3)  The agents manage to sell a few lots, and this does in fact bring some cash into the development, creating some momentum.

4)  Now that a few lots are being sold, work is beginning in earnest.  This means that carrying costs are getting bigger and bigger.

5)  The selling of new lots sputters out, and the carrying costs of the development are continuing to balloon. 

6)  A tipping point is reached.  The monthly carrying costs are now higher than the monthly income from selling lots and completing the houses.  People are demanding to be paid.  The companies that are doing the physical work of building the homes are not only demanding to be paid, but are refusing to continue work until the past due invoices are paid.

7)  The developers declare bankruptcy.   The unsold lots are foreclosed on by the lenders.  If the developers still own the unfinished country club and golf course, they will be foreclosed on as well.

8)  People who bought the high end homes backing up to the golf course with membership at the country club now own a property that backs up to an unfinished country club and no golf course.

9)  A new hedge fund or a new group of venture capitalists will swoop in and buy the leftovers for pennies on the dollar.

10)  A few years go by and the market comes back around.  Then the venture capitalists or the hedge fund sells the land to a new developer, who will hopefully have more success.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 3

I used to live in a country club golf community. As @TheLastKidPicked described, at some point the developers ran out of cash (although in my case all of the homes were complete as well as the amenities) so they sold the golf course. The new owner decided he wanted to build homes on the golf course property. When he didn't get the rezoning he wanted he just stopped maintaining the golf course. So people who owned homes on the former golf course now had backyards looking out over dead grass and overgrown bushes. I moved out of state so I never found out the resolution. But my friend who was trying to sell their golf course facing home had a heck of a time because who wants their view to be of an overgrown abandoned lot? BTW, this was also in Vegas. 

This situation reminds me of the real estate market crash of 2008-2009-ish. Another property I was renting was also in a country club golf community and it sold for $45,000 cash in 2009. I could have bought a newer beautiful 3 bed 2 bath home in a great part of Vegas for $95,000. Are we headed there now?? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
48 minutes ago, rhofmovalley said:

The new owner decided he wanted to build homes on the golf course property. When he didn't get the rezoning he wanted he just stopped maintaining the golf course. So people who owned homes on the former golf course now had backyards looking out over dead grass and overgrown bushes.

This is where you have to be very careful about buying a home that backs to a golf course.  All it would take is the water being shut off or diverted and then no more golf course.  The whole thing is much more fragile than people realize.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Josh Flagg was always arrogant and behaved badly because of his family background and because he was an only child (he still acts like a spoiled brat). He only apologized to Tracy because he was forced to, and perhaps he was afraid of being accused of harassment as others said. He is entitlement personified. 

Andrew realized early in his relationship with Josh what Josh is. Let's see how long the relationship will last. 

Already broken up 🤣

5 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Already broken up 

(edited)
17 hours ago, Genlovestv said:

Already broken up 🤣

Already broken up 

They were together at least until January 2nd. Josh created a reel on his IG with photos/videos about him and Andrew from the previous year. I added a screenshot. Josh Flagg doesn't post too often. 

Screenshot_20230301_083322_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

They were together at least until January 2nd. He created a reel on his IG with photos/videos about him and Andrew from the previous year. I added a screenshot. Josh Flagg doesn't post too often. 

Screenshot_20230301_083322_Instagram.jpg

They haven't been together since than. Living completely seperate lives.  They no longer live together.  They were living in a house in Bel Air.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Genlovestv said:

They haven't been together since than. Living completely seperate lives.  They no longer live together.  They were living in a house in Bel Air.  

i would love to know what happened. One minute madly in love, soulmates, blah blah. Next minute splitsville. 

I'm hoping it's Andrew that walked away. He's very young and doesn't need Josh's baggage or attitude. 

Maybe this will teach Flagg not to go running his mouth about his "soulmate" and "love of his life" before barely getting to know the guy. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Genlovestv said:

Andrew removed every trace of Josh (I assume he had photos, etc.) from his IG.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
10 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Andrew removed every trace of Josh (I assume he had photos, etc.) from his IG.

People are commenting on his photos rudely asking "where's Josh?" and "what happened with Josh?" Like he's going to air his dirty laundry on Insta. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

People are commenting on his photos rudely asking "where's Josh?" and "what happened with Josh?" Like he's going to air his dirty laundry on Insta. 

I can't get over that people think it's ok to be that invasive on someone's IG Feed.

I'm going to guess Andrew walked away. Somehow I don't think it was Josh's choice.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I can't get over that people think it's ok to be that invasive on someone's IG Feed.

Why not? IG is that person deciding they want their life (or their fictional life) to be invaded. Don't post there if that's not what you want. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

What is it with these people? Thinking a cheesy music video would help sell a luxury property? Undercutting your partner on a counteroffer in front of your clients? Bringing up a private issue between two divorcing and acrimonious co-listers at a brokers’ open house, leading to a shouting match?

Not impressed by much of what I’ve seen this season. Here for the house porn and not much else.

• Like 10
(edited)

I love Tracy,  and I think she was so attractive before she started dressing and styling herself like a blonde Kardashian.  She's too old for some of these getups.  She's got a great figure and could show it off w/o some of these awful looks.  And the hair/extensions is way too long and OMG the cornrows?!  

Also, wow, Heather is so thin now  she really looks a good 25 years older than her age on my HD big screen tv.  I used to wonder how Josh A got such a beautiful girl.  

Love Josh F's new (well maybe ex) boyfriend.  He is adorable and seems so sweet.

This show is one of the best of the reality TV shows though.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I love this Tracy, I think she was so attractive before she started dressing and styling herself like a blonde Kardashian.  She's too old for some of these getups.  She's go ta great figure and could show it off w/o some of these awful looks.  And the hair/extensions is way too long and OMG the cornrows?!  

Also, wow, Heather is so thin now  she really looks a good 25 years older than her age on my HD big screen tv.  I used to wonder how Josh A got such a beautiful girl.  

Love Josh F's new boyfriend.  He is adorable and seems so sweet.

This show is one of the best of the reality TV shows though.  

Andrew and Josh broke up 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I thought that house was absolutely hideous. I kind of got the feeling Flagg hated it but couldn't say so. Tacky, overwrought, and frankly ugly. I can't imagine who would want to pay that much for such a monstrosity.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
On 2/28/2023 at 4:55 PM, rhofmovalley said:

I used to live in a country club golf community. As @TheLastKidPicked described, at some point the developers ran out of cash (although in my case all of the homes were complete as well as the amenities) so they sold the golf course. The new owner decided he wanted to build homes on the golf course property. When he didn't get the rezoning he wanted he just stopped maintaining the golf course. So people who owned homes on the former golf course now had backyards looking out over dead grass and overgrown bushes. I moved out of state so I never found out the resolution. But my friend who was trying to sell their golf course facing home had a heck of a time because who wants their view to be of an overgrown abandoned lot? BTW, this was also in Vegas. 

This situation reminds me of the real estate market crash of 2008-2009-ish. Another property I was renting was also in a country club golf community and it sold for $45,000 cash in 2009. I could have bought a newer beautiful 3 bed 2 bath home in a great part of Vegas for $95,000. Are we headed there now?? 

When I was in my late 20s many years go, my husband and I were considering a villa home on a golfcourse and my mom highly discouraged us from doing so.  I was glad we took her advice because of that very real possibility.  

• Like 6
(edited)

I don't think this LV deal is going to work out. Selling not yet existing property is difficult to begin with. But on top of that, a big development like that in the desert, with water shortages already a big concern?

Edited by Pike Ludwell
  • Like 9
  • Applause 4

The house Altman and Flagg toured was so over the top, and I question how often you really leave the sliders open?    Good point about the possibilities that the amenities will ever be built.   How long until there are real roads up to the mountain location?   Or do the first residents have to live with rough roads, and constant traffic from the construction for years while the neighboring houses are built?   

I'm wondering how many of the party goers were real home buyers, and how many were just there for the party and filming?   

• Like 10
11 hours ago, Genlovestv said:

Andrew and Josh broke up 🤣🤣🤣

Why am I not surprised? Flagg needs help. He needs to work on himself first if he expects to ever have a healthy relationship, romantic or not, with anybody. I doubt he truly understood why what he said to Juliet was so very wrong and why Tracy was so upset — only that, “Tracy’s mad at me and I’m sad.”  Arrested development, narcissism, or buried childhood trauma, I can’t tell.

• Like 15
  • Useful 1

I feel that the guy who actually bought a house last night is going to be the only house in the development, sitting on top of the "hollywood hills of Vegas"  all alone, driving up there on dirt roads.

I just don't see the market for those homes, maybe in the $3-5M range, but NOT $30mm.  This isn't a second home - this is a 4th or 5th home for the obscenely rich person and it will sit empty all year.  Surprised they took this on. 

• Like 10
(edited)

I feel that the guy who actually bought a house last night is going to be the only house in the development, sitting on top of the "hollywood hills of Vegas"  all alone, driving up there on dirt roads.

I'm wondering how many of the party goers were real home buyers, and how many were just there for the party and filming?   

Josh said they had a signed contract. Um, no. The guy just said he'd buy. I doubt he really will. He was just playing along.

Probably people they found on the strip and paid a few bucks to come to the party.

Edited by Lady Lucy
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7
8 minutes ago, Lady Lucy said:

Josh said they had a signed contract. Um, no. The guy just said he'd buy. I doubt he really will. He was just playing along.

Probably people they found on the strip and paid a few bucks to come to the party.

Like a timeshare presentation LOL  Gave them a gift card for a dinner.  lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

Tracey wiping away Flagg's tears and kissing him, then in her confessional making excuses for Flagg. Oh, he had such a rough year! Oh, he's going through a lot! This is why he will never change. Too many enablers in his circle. 

The only saving grace this ep was Altman who just wanted to get on with it and make some commissions.  He was tired of the coddling bullshit. 

This show has come so far off course from what it used to be it's ridiculous. They need to go back to the old format of everyone working individually with their own teams and meeting up at an open house once in a while. This season sucked!

• Like 13

Yeah, writing scripts that force the four of them (five if you include Andrew) together constantly isn't a good strategy. I get that the market took a dump but the whole storyline, especially with adding the completely unrelated Vegas BS, was not interesting. Add in the manufactured drama and we are getting a poorly scripted soap opera instead of what it's like to market and sell luxury real estate. 

And I don't know what's going on with Tracy's wardrobe choices but she at least used to choose interestingly designed professional wear. Now it's all bare midriffs and cutouts. That doesn't look good on any purported professional regardless of age. IMO, of course. 

• Like 13
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Tracey wiping away Flagg's tears and kissing him, then in her confessional making excuses for Flagg. Oh, he had such a rough year! Oh, he's going through a lot! This is why he will never change. Too many enablers in his circle. 

The only saving grace this ep was Altman who just wanted to get on with it and make some commissions.  He was tired of the coddling bullshit. 

This show has come so far off course from what it used to be it's ridiculous. They need to go back to the old format of everyone working individually with their own teams and meeting up at an open house once in a while. This season sucked!

Josh is the one that left Bobby FFS!!! Josh's poor me attitude is cringe worthy 

• Like 5

The Vegas stuff was truly uninteresting, and I hope they don't decide to spend more time there next season. I want to look at a variety of homes for sale, not piles of dirt.

15 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

I thought that house was absolutely hideous. I kind of got the feeling Flagg hated it but couldn't say so. Tacky, overwrought, and frankly ugly. I can't imagine who would want to pay that much for such a monstrosity.

Agree. That type of home just looks like an ugly  re-jigged shopping mall to me. It's incredibly monotonous to look at week to week. I don't care how fancy the finishes are - they all look identical. But clearly there's a market, because that's all that seems to get built at the ultra high-end.

10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

How long until there are real roads up to the mountain location?   Or do the first residents have to live with rough roads, and constant traffic from the construction for years while the neighboring houses are built?   

Yeah, I fail to see the appeal. It's why I've always been puzzled by the apparent popularity/prestige "Bird" streets in LA. Ugly modern homes crammed together in a sem-permanent construction zone.

• Like 10

The discussion of the design center as this unique thing - maybe to high end folks but that is every new development I’ve ever been to, at different price points. That’s why you buy new construction. The VR stuff was really bad.

I’m with everyone who thinks they’ll never finish this. Also, now that I think of it, is the name a play for the rich getting out of California, land of earthquakes and mud slides?

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I can’t believe it but I missed Frederick and the English brothers. Altman and Tracy together were the worst kids in high school.

15 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

Agreed. And me either.

• Like 7
(edited)

I wonder if the whole Vegas thing was sponcon, like Bravo (and maybe the realtors themselves) were being paid to advertise the ridiculous Terra Firma development. There's no reason that Flagg would ever get involved in something like this if he didn't have to do it and he was truly doing the bare minimum, Tracy could totally see how ridiculous the development is, and even the Altmans' energy seemed forced. 

The whole thing is bizarre because there are at least two different Terra Firma websites, one of which links to the other, but not in a super transparent way. The main website (it seems) says on the Team page that there are 30+ lots still available (confusingly the number of lots is not on the "Lots" page). If that's true, it's possible that aside from this Jeff guy, no one has actually purchased a lot, despite the fact that Terra Firma first announced this boondoggle in 2021. 

ETA: The terra firma instagram is also weird. It barely posts and of the Million Dollar Listing cast, the only one who follows it is Josh (not even Matt). The instagrams for the team members are similarly bare bones (actually even less is on them). Oh and I don't know Vegas, but this listing of a terra firma potential home looks awfully like one of the from the episode but it is listed by Compass and is only on the market for $7.8 million, quite a bit lower than the price point that the MDL folks were talking about. 

I don't know what is going on, but it's weird. 

Edited by tuesdays
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I don't know about the specifics in Nevada but I live in Oregon which has an income tax but no sales tax. I live in Portland which is across the river from Vancouver, WA which has sales tax but no income tax. Many people when they retire move across the river to Vancouver becasue their pension goes further. It is not avantageous to do so while you are still working because most people in Vancouver work in Portland because that is the closest population center and by doing so, you still have to pay income tax. With both places, the remaining taxes are so much higher because the state has to make up for the lost money somehow. My property taxes and income taxes are sky high because  there is no sales tax technically even though there are taxes on alcohol and tobacco but those are not called sales taxes. The common misconception is that you pay less in tax because one of the forms of tax is missing but that is simply not true. California is considered a high tax state because it has all of those taxes in place but when I  lived there, I actually paid less in tax because the taxes were spread between sales, income, and property taxes. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3