Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

I'm so hyped for Avengers: Infinity War!! I'm so glad that the Russos said that Tony is doing everything that he can to keep the world safe. I love that they have Tony knowing something is coming and him doing everything to fight it. 

And Ironman, Spider-Man, and Star Lord!!! 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Jazzy24 said:

I'm so hyped for Avengers: Infinity War!! I'm so glad that the Russos said that Tony is doing everything that he can to keep the world safe. I love that they have Tony knowing something is coming and him doing everything to fight it. 

And Ironman, Spider-Man, and Star Lord!!! 

So which Community cast member is going to show up in a cameo role? We had Abed in Winter Soldier as a SHIELD agent and The Dean in Civil War as an actual University Dean.

• Love 1
On 2/11/2017 at 4:35 AM, Perfect Xero said:

At first I was excited to see Tony with Pete & Pete, then the Russos showed up and I realized the plot of this movie is probably going to be Tony trying to kill the Guardians for 60 minutes until Cap shows up and stops him.

Tony better keep his hands off Baby Groot, if he knows what's best for his health 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, JustaPerson said:

To be fair, if a talking raccoon with a giant gun and a talking tree showed up out of the sky I would probably try to kill them too. 

I know Avengers 4 isn't going to be Infinity War 2 anymore but do we know yet if Thanos is going to be thd main villain in both movies? Because if the Avengers and the Guardians finish him off in one movie that is going to need to be a 4 hour+ movie just to cover everything.

On 2/12/2017 at 1:44 PM, JustaPerson said:

To be fair, if a talking raccoon with a giant gun and a talking tree showed up out of the sky I would probably try to kill them too. 

I just had this image of Tony trying to have any kind of conversation with Drax. Now I can't stop snickering, and I'm still at work.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I just had this image of Tony trying to have any kind of conversation with Drax. Now I can't stop snickering, and I'm still at work.

There are so many character interactions I can't wait to see. Chris Evans and Chris Pratt are friends in real life, so I don't know how they're even going to keep a straight face with each other. Tony hitting on any of the female characters will be gold. What if Thor knows of the Guardians? I'm sad we won't hear a "rainbow road" joke between Starlord and Thor because it wasn't invented before Peter was taken. I hope someone makes Peter another mixtape (definitely pulling for that person to be Black Widow or Spidey). Can the Ladies have a badass scene together and save at least one Avenger/Guardian please?

My only sad point is I wish we would see some of the TV characters too. Daredevil being amused while talking to Barton. Leo Fitz loses his mind at a talking Racoon. Jessica Jones having a conversation with Natasha about the crap that's happened to them. Luke Cage trying to lift Thor's hammer. Gemma Simmons talking science with Tony. And everyone being mad that Coulson is alive. 

I could be persuaded to watch a four hour movie of everyone interacting with each other...

• Love 9
On 2/12/2017 at 0:06 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

I know Avengers 4 isn't going to be Infinity War 2 anymore but do we know yet if Thanos is going to be thd main villain in both movies? Because if the Avengers and the Guardians finish him off in one movie that is going to need to be a 4 hour+ movie just to cover everything.

According to IMDB, Josh Brolin (who wasn't credited in Guardians or Ultron, btw) will again be playing Thanos, but I can't find any mention of whether or not the character will be in another movie after this. Also, I could be remembering wrong, but didn't Nebula die when she fell off of Rocket's windshield, or did she survive the drop?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Also, I could be remembering wrong, but didn't Nebula die when she fell off of Rocket's windshield, or did she survive the drop?

She landed on one of the Ravager's ships, punched through the window, threw the pilot out of the ship, and flew off.

• Love 3

Quill made the Jackson Pollock joke in the first movie, which considering that he was a pre-teen when abducted by the Ravagers makes me think he's had at least intermittent contact with Earth culture in the years since. I mean, if he's been galavanting around the galaxy by himself in his own ship as an adult there's no reason he couldn't have stopped by at some point.

• Love 1

Jackson Pollock died in 1956, so Quill could have known that before he left.  Not saying he hasn't been back, but the galaxy seems big enough that there was more than enough adventures for Quill without coming back to Earth.  Maybe he intercepted a few broadcasts from Earth and decided it was best to fly the other way.

Given how things have developed on this planet in the last 25 years or so, if I had my own ship, I would fly off and not look back either.

2 hours ago, ChelseaNH said:

Not many 12 year olds would be familiar with Jackson Pollock, but his mom seemed to be sharing a lot of her interests with him, so who knows?

True - but there are many who are interested in peurile humour - whether they "get it" or not.

Edited by Which Tyler
  • Love 1
On 2/11/2017 at 2:35 AM, Perfect Xero said:

At first I was excited to see Tony with Pete & Pete, then the Russos showed up and I realized the plot of this movie is probably going to be Tony trying to kill the Guardians for 60 minutes until Cap shows up and stops him.

Re this, but on a different subject - I saw a post on Facebook while getting ready for work that says Scarlett Johansson is "in regular communication" with Joss Whedon about the Black Widow solo movie. I know that there have been rumors for ages that Natasha will get her own movie, and while I would definitely subscribe to that newsletter, I was amused that the complaint directly beneath the picture criticizes Whedon while praising the Russos. I'm well aware that JW has his flaws, and that many people were not happy with Nat's story in Ultron, but I'm on record as being not that pleased with the Russos either. So I'm torn. More news later when I actually have time to investigate.

On 2/23/2017 at 8:41 AM, ChelseaNH said:

Not many 12 year olds would be familiar with Jackson Pollock, but his mom seemed to be sharing a lot of her interests with him, so who knows?

I knew who Jackson Pollock was when I was five. And this would have been in the 70s so that joke didn't take me out of the movie at all. I'm willing to bet I became aware of his work due to PBS children's television.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Dandesun said:

I knew who Jackson Pollock was when I was five. And this would have been in the 70s so that joke didn't take me out of the movie at all. I'm willing to bet I became aware of his work due to PBS children's television.

We know that the Ravagers and the Kree are able to visit earth. Not hard to believe that others visited earth and maybe traded stuff they brought back with Starlord, even if he never went back to earth.

Also i was bored recently so i rewatched Iron Man on netflix over the last few nights and it still really holds up. And the "I am Iron Man" ending is still awesome, and kind of amazing that they pulled it off. I remember seeing it in theatre and being a pretty big shock that they ended it that way, especially compared to every othrr super hero movie of the time.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Dandesun said:

On 2/23/2017 at 11:41 AM, ChelseaNH said:

I knew who Jackson Pollock was when I was five.

Are you many 12 year olds?

Bringing this over from  the Thor: Ragnarok thread:

On 5/9/2017 at 3:14 PM, Jazzy24 said:

I'm pretty sure that Marvel has the rights to Namor, all the rights. 

According to this article from 2014:

IGN: Finally, there were rumours circulating awhile back that Universal and Legendary Pictures were developing a Sub-Mariner movie, but there was also some confusion about who holds the rights to the character. So could Legendary make that movie at this point?

Feige: No.

IGN: So if a film were to happen it would be you guys making it?

Feige: Yes, but it’s slightly more complicated than that. Let’s put it this way – there are entanglements that make it less easy. There are older contracts that still involve other parties that mean we need to work things out before we move forward on it. As opposed to an Iron Man or any of the Avengers or any of the other Marvel characters where we could just put them in.

Which leads us to this article from February 2017: Donnie Yen and Fans Campaigning For Him to be Cast as Namor for Marvel Studios

That is a casting I could really get behind.

tumblr_inline_olvhghaQTo1qaqvtr_540.png

tumblr_inline_olvhgnunch1qaqvtr_540.jpg

namor-donnie-yen-232734.jpg

• Love 1

Most of the cast doesn't look too bad, but poor Serinda Swan looks like she wandered over from her side job as a princess at the Magic Kingdom. Between this, Shadowhunters and Riverdale, tv really needs to back away from the poorly-done red dye jobs.

• Love 2

Black Bolt and Medusa just look... wrong.  Maximus probably looks the best.  Crystal is okay, I guess, and Gorgon.

Never thought I'd see a TV show about the Inhumans royal family though.  Another set of characters introduced in the Fantastic Four, by the way.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, coppersin said:

Most of the cast doesn't look too bad, but poor Serinda Swan looks like she wandered over from her side job as a princess at the Magic Kingdom. Between this, Shadowhunters and Riverdale, tv really needs to back away from the poorly-done red dye jobs.

I  think that by the time the final cut hits IMAX every frame of her hair will be CGI so I  don't worry about the pictures 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Raja said:

I  think that by the time the final cut hits IMAX every frame of her hair will be CGI so I  don't worry about the pictures 

Isn't hair one of the hardest things to do well using CGI? Could be hard to do with a tv budget. I am curious if they will have her hair be CG 100% of the time or only when it is moving and then a wig when it is not. Either way the costumes look like people dressed up for a convention.

• Love 1

By the way, I just caught The Avengers on TV (again), and I just have to say how much I love that final shawarma scene.  It says so much without anyone saying a word.  Plus it's very much the type of scene Marvel used to put in their comics, where superheroes were placed in everyday situations.

• Love 7
On 5/12/2017 at 2:13 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

Isn't hair one of the hardest things to do well using CGI? Could be hard to do with a tv budget. I am curious if they will have her hair be CG 100% of the time or only when it is moving and then a wig when it is not. Either way the costumes look like people dressed up for a convention.

They are trying to set up a secret cut off society that was concurrent with Jaiying's Afterlife group of Inhumans from Agents of SHIELD since it is ABC TV as well as IMAX, that moved into the real world and outside of the sanctuary. Do you go all out Guardians of The Galaxy alien? Perhaps they should have

9 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

"Puny god."

Heh.

Great scene.  I love that they went ahead and let the Hulk talk, even if it was just a few words.  I'm not a huge Hulk fan (although he really stole that first Avengers movie), but I always liked his silly "Hulk smash" chatter.  But people argued that no one would accept the Hulk talking, because he didn't talk on the old TV show.  Who cares?

Regarding Medusa's hair, I would think that it makes more economic sense to just put her in a wig, unless she is using her power.  Otherwise it seems like a waste of time and money.  I remember on the "Star Trek:  Enterprise" TV show they animated the Andorian's antennae so that they were always moving, but that was a minor character who was only in a couple episodes.  Medusa is one of the main characters and should have a lot of screen time.

• Love 1

Unless Medusa's dress is also a placeholder for finished CGI they're going to have big problems. She looks like she belongs in the cellophane Barbie doll packaging from the stage act of Matt Bomer's character in Magic Mike.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, rmontro said:

Regarding Medusa's hair, I would think that it makes more economic sense to just put her in a wig, unless she is using her power.  Otherwise it seems like a waste of time and money.  I remember on the "Star Trek:  Enterprise" TV show they animated the Andorian's antennae so that they were always moving, but that was a minor character who was only in a couple episodes.  Medusa is one of the main characters and should have a lot of screen time.

I agree that Medusa's hair looks lackluster. If she's going to have a wig I pictured something similar to country singer Bobbie Gentry(Ode to Billie Joe) but red:

51siv4l3cnl-_sl290_.jpg

• Love 1