Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

The Iron Man armors still have the chest plate headlight in post-Iron Man Three appearances, and it's apparently the location of something power generating even though Stark doesn't have an arc reactor embedded in his chest anymore—Cap cracking it with his shield caused an immediate power down.

As for Infinity Wars, I think it could be good. It would be a HUGE struggle to combine characters depth, motivations, and interactions (when you have a cast of about 11 billion) as well as having a plot that's epic enough to be the culmination of 10 years of movies, while also giving Thanos the time to shine, but I think its possible. It would be unlike anything we have really seen in movies as of now, but so was The Avengers and that worked out, so I'm putting my faith in Marvel. With reservations, of course.

So, what you all like to see in Infinity War, especially when it comes to character stuff?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

As for Infinity Wars, I think it could be good. It would be a HUGE struggle to combine characters depth, motivations, and interactions (when you have a cast of about 11 billion) as well as having a plot that's epic enough to be the culmination of 10 years of movies, while also giving Thanos the time to shine, but I think its possible. It would be unlike anything we have really seen in movies as of now, but so was The Avengers and that worked out, so I'm putting my faith in Marvel. With reservations, of course.

So, what you all like to see in Infinity War, especially when it comes to character stuff?

I just honestly want the core Avengers together for a while. 

I want Fury, Steve, Tony, Natasha, Bruce, Clint and Thor together throughout most of the movie seeing as these characters are going to be phasing out soon. Plus it's been so great to see this team up and I want as much as them as possible. 

Tony and Steve, Tony and Clint, Tony and Natasha repairing their relationships. I do want lots of Spider-Man and Captain America. 

Tony and Dr. Strange, Tony and T'challa. Valkayrie and Okoye, Scarlet Witch and Dr. Strange. The Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers. I'm ready!! 

I wish Quicksilver was back :-(

• Love 8

I really want to see some variation of this kind of scene:

Tony, to Peter Quill: "Why are you lugging around that ancient Zune around everywhere? I can find you something better literally five seconds.

Peter: "Well, it was actually a gift from my adopted dad. Dad stuff is complicated."

Tony: "Oh I totally get that. My dad could be a real hardass."

Peter: "Yeah totally! My adopted dad was an alien space pirate who was allows saying how his crew were going to eat me alive, after he kidnapped me when I was a kid. He was awesome. You know who was less awesome? My bio dad, who the space pirates were actually trying to protect me from. He was an evil planet who wanted to destroy the universe. So, I totally get the father issues stuff."

Tony: "...ok"

• Love 13
On 6/5/2017 at 10:59 PM, ParadoxLost said:

I think that two things are almost unavoidable in Infinity War

- Iron Man and Captain America having to explain the rift to Thor.  I'm sure shade will be involved.

- Thor and Iron Man getting into some kind of "toxic friendship triangle" where Hulk has to try to convince them that he can have two BFFs. 

I think Thor is going to be well and truly pissed at them for not getting along. I was always half-way hoping that Civil War was going to be settled by Thor arriving and settling it for them. 

I wonder how much frame of reference Thor would have for their issues. Unlike Earth, my impression is that Asguard isn't divided into separate countries. Their all just Asguardians. Same with the other planets. I'm thinking Thor's reaction will be along the lines of 'you're all human, how can you not work together to defend your planet. Thanos isn't going to care about your internal issues!'

Also along those lines I have to think that Gamora and Nebula are going to be be pivotal to Infinity Wars, as they were raised by Thanos anare the best source of intel on him.

• Love 3
(edited)

I want Steve shirtless and/or in a sex scene.

Oh, what else?

Develop Sharon Carter more.

Tony's reaction to Drax saying just about anything. That's a must. 

General Ross to get his comeuppance. He can be Thanos' first casualty.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Tony's reaction to Drax saying just about anything.

My kids occasionally watch the Guardians cartoon. In one episode they met the Avengers and there was an awesome bit about Drax not understanding why they are called The Avengers when they don't actually avenge anybody. He thought they should be called the Guardians and in turn the Guardians should be called the Avengers. I would be totally fine with them totally plagiarizing that scene since it could be really funny.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I think Thor is going to be well and truly pissed at them for not getting along.

"You people are so petty. And tiny."

It'd be interesting to see someone else play peacemaker, since that's usually Steve's thing. He might occasionally lose focus, but he also usually wants everyone to work together. Barton, maybe? If only because it'd give him a chance for some development outside of being 'Arrow Guy'.

• Love 4

It will probably be on July 22, since Saturday is always major movie day in Hall H and Marvel will have panels.  That doesn't mean they won't release it a few days early but the best part of having brand new footage during their panels is to watch and listen to everyone go apeshit as they watch for the first time.  Last year, during the DC panels, they released the first Wonder Woman footage and the response basically blew up the convention center.  No way does Marvel not want to generate a similar reaction that they can talk about in press releases.  Again, this doesn't mean they won't release the footage early but it makes more sense to do it during Marvel time at the con rather than two days before.  I also think that we may get the first official Black Panther trailer as well.

• Love 2
On 6/23/2017 at 4:43 PM, tennisgurl said:

I really want to see some variation of this kind of scene:

Tony, to Peter Quill: "Why are you lugging around that ancient Zune around everywhere? I can find you something better literally five seconds.

Peter: "Well, it was actually a gift from my adopted dad. Dad stuff is complicated."

Tony: "Oh I totally get that. My dad could be a real hardass."

Peter: "Yeah totally! My adopted dad was an alien space pirate who was allows saying how his crew were going to eat me alive, after he kidnapped me when I was a kid. He was awesome. You know who was less awesome? My bio dad, who the space pirates were actually trying to protect me from. He was an evil planet who wanted to destroy the universe. So, I totally get the father issues stuff."

Tony: "...ok"

It practically writes itself!

• Love 2

Don't know if it's true but someone said that Marvel won't let Tom Holland read the Infinity War script because he gives away spoilers, lol. I hope it's true because if so this is hilarious. 

• Love 9

Now I just have this mental imagine of all the cast members playing keep away with the Infinity War script whenever Tom Holland tries to read the script. Like, they all stand in a circle and throw it around while Tom Holland is the monkey in the middle trying to catch it.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

Now I just have this mental imagine of all the cast members playing keep away with the Infinity War script whenever Tom Holland tries to read the script. Like, they all stand in a circle and throw it around while Tom Holland is the monkey in the middle trying to catch it.

Hemsworth probably just holds it up above his head and tells Tom to try to get it.

• Love 16

Yeah, Lockjaw looks cool, but the rest of it...I don't know. Its not bad, just didn't really grab my attention. What stuck out to me was that, while Iwans character seems to be framed as the villain in this preview, I'm not super sure how what he's doing is so evil. Granted, I don't know a whole lot about the Inhumans (I mainly know about them through their presence in other characters books), but his desire to leave their weird little secluded community floating around in space to live on the Earth really didn't seem evil to me. Inhumans are naturally from Earth after all, they just have weird DNA. He didn't say he wanted to rule it, and it doesn't seem like they have so many people that it would be really noticeable, so why cant he and whoever is following him leave? Maybe if his plan is to make everyone go to Earth, even people who don't want to do, or if its feared that if people know about them they'll be put in danger,  than I would get it but they don't explain the conflict very well. I know its just the first look, but seeing this, I have no clue what the plot of this show is, and how it fits into the MCU at large. Granted, it doesn't have to tie directly into the rest of the MCU, but it still needs to exist in the universe it exists in. But, I also thought Agents of Shield looked dull at first, and it had a rather rocky start, but ended up being a really solid show, so I know I will be watching even if its first trailer is underwhelming.

On the other hand, with Lockjaw officially joining the MCU, I'm hoping that this will lead to the greatest of all superhero teams coming to the MCU: The Pet Avengers!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

On the other hand, with Lockjaw officially joining the MCU, I'm hoping that this will lead to the greatest of all superhero teams coming to the MCU: The Pet Avengers!

I'm down for Frog Thor!

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Captain Carrot said:

Well....I liked Lockjaw. But why isn't Medusa using her powers when some bad guys grab her by the arms?

Saying this as someone who has loved every season of Agents of Shield...this looks ten times worse than the first season of Agents of Shield. What is with the costumes?? I get paying the comic books homage but come on. And shocker, its another show with a pile of dudes. I saw two women? Couldnt we have included some more ladies from the comics (I dont read them, so I have no idea).

After seeing that trailer, all I want to know is why on earth did they cancel Agent Carter again? #SaveAgentCarter

• Love 2

Honestly, for me the only chance this show has of grabbing me as a viewer is if The Defenders is just awesome. Like crazy good to the point where i want to check out every thing else on tv that marvel has to offer. Because right now Inhumans doesn't look that great, and Marvel's tv track record lately  hasn't  been so great recently either. So if Defenders is just ok i probably won't  bother with this.

Also the guy who plays Blackbolt so does not look like a strong enough actor to play a character who never speaks.

7 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Also the guy who plays Blackbolt so does not look like a strong enough actor to play a character who never speaks.

Hell on Wheels may have fallen off its tracks halfway through its run but it wasn't because of Anson Mount's role as Cullen Bohannon. Strong silent is what he does.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

Saying this as someone who has loved every season of Agents of Shield...this looks ten times worse than the first season of Agents of Shield. What is with the costumes?? I get paying the comic books homage but come on. And shocker, its another show with a pile of dudes. I saw two women? Couldnt we have included some more ladies from the comics (I dont read them, so I have no idea).

The Inhuman royal family is a product of the 60's. So, only having two women in the cast is canon. That being said, they could have included female characters that have been created since then. People unfamiliar with the comics might not understand why Medusa looks so bad. Her power is that she can control her super-strong hair. (It sounds stupid, but her power is useful and makes for a good visual). So, her appearance in the trailer just looks horrible. Here's an image from the comics as a comparison.

Medusa.thumb.jpg.e473796063f1a6c5e2158c9c1d332e5d.jpg

29 minutes ago, Captain Carrot said:

The Inhuman royal family is a product of the 60's. So, only having two women in the cast is canon. That being said, they could have included female characters that have been created since then. People unfamiliar with the comics might not understand why Medusa looks so bad. Her power is that she can control her super-strong hair. (It sounds stupid, but her power is useful and makes for a good visual). So, her appearance in the trailer just looks horrible. Here's an image from the comics as a comparison.

I don't know if it production schedule that is leaving it out of the promos or they are holding her hair for the surprise IMAX revel.

Lockjaw looks good.  Makes me cry for the missed opportunities with the Fantastic Four once again  :(

Maximoff looks like he's going to be just as unlikeable as Ramsay Bolton.

I watched again, after refreshing myself on some character backstories, and while it did make the trailer make more sense, it's still one of Marvels shakier efforts. But, Marvel has built up enough good will (for me, even bad MCU stuff is usually decent) for me to give it a shot. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Captain Carrot said:

Okay, I could get behind the purple, and her fabulous hair HOWEVER, the long dress is ridiculous(from the trailer). Give the woman a jumpsuit like those comic book pages! She looks awesome there. Her costume and hair looks like its right out of Halloween Express on the trailer.

Even if I hadn't been burned by AoS (Hogan's Heroes had better spies), I don't see how they'll manage to pull off Medusa's hair convincingly in live action, and if I can't see her hair do its thing on a regular basis, I ain't interested.

• Love 2

I've liked Iwan Rheon in other roles but here he sounds like a petulant teenage kid trying to make his inspirational speech, and between that and rivalry with his older, better-liked royal brother I fear he's going to come off as a a bargain basement Loki wannabe.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/30/2017 at 4:55 AM, rmontro said:

Lockjaw looks good.  Makes me cry for the missed opportunities with the Fantastic Four once again  :(

Maximoff looks like he's going to be just as unlikeable as Ramsay Bolton.

Maximus not "Maximoff", although speaking of which, Quicksilver married Crystal after she dated Johnny Storm in the comics and had a daughter named Luna. Magneto was believed to be Pietro's father and therefore Luna's grandfather and she back then became the center of a lot of X-Men vs Avengers storylines in the 90s.

On 6/30/2017 at 11:28 AM, SnoGirl said:

Okay, I could get behind the purple, and her fabulous hair HOWEVER, the long dress is ridiculous(from the trailer). Give the woman a jumpsuit like those comic book pages! She looks awesome there. Her costume and hair looks like its right out of Halloween Express on the trailer.

Medusa can also be formidable.

2424871-medusa___peter_parker_spectacula

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 1
(edited)

I thought the 2nd trailer for Inhumans was really good. They've pretty much held back on most of the super powers. We got a glimpse of Blackbolt and more of Lockjaw but, I'm assuming they're holding Crystal And Medusa back until closer to the Premiere.

I kind of wish they had Medusa's hair pinned up or short and then say her power (CGI) both grows and controls the hair but, I'm willing to give them a chance.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I will say this...seeing the new spiderman: definitely is up there with Spiderman 2 as the best spiderman movie.

Tom Holland is the best Spiderman they have had cause he is just fantastic as both Peter and Spidey. The supporting cast with zendaya/Laura/Tony/Jacob were fantastic as well, especially Z and jacob.

Definitely worth spending the money to see this movie.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't know.  It just seems weird to me to pair Tony Stark with Peter Parker.  The central conflict in Peter's life is guilt vs. poverty.  His immediate instinct upon gaining superpowers was to use them to make money, because he and his family are poor as fuck.  That got his Uncle Ben killed, so he uses his powers to save people and fight crime.  But his life is still hard because he's still poor as fuck.

If Tony Stark is suddenly in Peter's orbit, how/why are the Parkers going to stay poor as fuck without Tony coming off as a complete asshat?  I can't help but see conversations like this happening:

Tony:  "Why didn't you come to the Science Center to test the new suit?"

Peter:  "Sorry.  I had to work after school.  The rent's coming due and we're a little short."

Tony: "Okay." *pulls out a PDA and pushes some buttons* "No problem.  I just bought your building.  You guys are rent-free from this point forward.  Now get to the Science Center so I can show you the new stuff."

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Which comicverse is that from? Not Ultimates, I would think.

616, Crystal and Quicksilver were married and have a daughter Luna. 

Also just remembered another reason to be mad they killed off the MCU Quicksilver and that the movie division wants nothing to do with TV:

Yeah, I've been disappointed since Ultron knowing we'd never get Crystal/Quicksilver/Luna.

Edited by Morrigan2575
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:
6 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Also just remembered another reason to be mad they killed off the MCU Quicksilver and that the movie division wants nothing to do with TV:

2hq72th.png

Which comicverse is that from? Not Ultimates, I would think.

The regular Marvel 616 universe. Crystal and Quicksilver were married and had a child:

tumblr_inline_nrqzwsryZK1rqpcix_400.jpg

Is anyone else hoping that Groot ends a twig again in Infinity Wars? Just so that we get Baby Groot again in Vol. 3, plus the awesomely funny and face-palming reaction coming from the Guardians when they realize they have to raise him *again*,

• Love 2
21 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

The regular Marvel 616 universe. Crystal and Quicksilver were married and had a child:

tumblr_inline_nrqzwsryZK1rqpcix_400.jpg

They totally retcon'd that. I was reading Peter David's X-Factor and Luna had abilities, I think from the Mist.

She developed them later, but I don't think it was really a retcon as such, just further evolution of the character down the line. Non-powered supporting characters with connections to superheroes have an alarming tendency to mutate/have radiation accidents/be experimented on or enchanted so that they develop super powers themselves. So far I think Aunt May and Jarvis are the big holdouts.

(edited)

Awesome. I've liked him ever since he played "Asian Jim" on the last season of The Office. I know the Jimmy Woo character from reprints of the Steranko Nick Fury Agents of SHIELD from the 1960s but didn't know until later he had been in the short lived "Yellow Claw" series in the 50s. Wikipedia:

The series chronicled the adventures of a Chinese-American FBI agent, Jimmy Woo, and his battles against a "yellow peril" Communist mandarin, known only as the Yellow Claw. The title character was a Fu Manchu manqué (indeed, Fu Manchu author Sax Rohmer had a novel titled The Yellow Claw) whose grandniece, Suwan, was in love with Woo.

YC2YellowClawP3.jpg

Edited by VCRTracking
23 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

So far I think Aunt May and Jarvis are the big holdouts.

And really, even Jarvis developed powers, since Tony and Bruce "installed" him into Vision to prevent him from being like Ultron.

Also, question: how did Loki's scepter end up in Hydra's hands via Strucker? The Avengers sent it back to Asgard with Thor, but how did it end up in the Hydra lab so that they needed to retrieve it? I'm not as well-versed in Thor's movies as I am with the others, so I can't remember what happened.