Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Chapter Eleven: A Midwinter's Tale

• Start Topic

As far as Christmas specials go, I think this was a rather good one. The greenish-yellow make up still hurts my eyes, but the story was good, picking up a few traditions that we still have and their origin. It felt a bit more grown up than some of the regular episodes.

• Love 7

This was pretty good, but the major issue I had with it that it emphasises that none of Sabrina's mortal friends bring much to the plot (a reflection on the writing rather than the actors, who are fine).  Harvey is boring as fuck and Roz and Susie are just...there.  The show would honestly be better if it just concentrated on Sabrina's family, the various witches/warlocks, and the other supernatural characters.

Really liking Sabrina's developing frenemy relationship with the weird sisters.  And where did they find a perfect child version of Kiernan Shipka! I actually did a double take.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, pootlus said:

This was pretty good, but the major issue I had with it that it emphasises that none of Sabrina's mortal friends bring much to the plot (a reflection on the writing rather than the actors, who are fine).  Harvey is boring as fuck and Roz and Susie are just...there.  The show would honestly be better if it just concentrated on Sabrina's family, the various witches/warlocks, and the other supernatural characters.

Wasn’t  one of her friends getting kidnapped by a demon a whole plot? I’m glad the show isn’t focused 100 percent on just the witching world it gives the show and Sabrina a more rounded view. How do mortals deal with the magic and demons going on around them that the witches either bring with them or cause by being in this town. What happens when those demons attacks the mortals do they just forget like they did on Buffy and continue on? How would their view of what’s happening to them and other mortals affect their view of Sabrina? And vice versa how is their reactions to Sabrina affecting her mortal and witch side especially when all the witches are telling her pushing her to be selfish think of yourself don’t worry about mortals be bad be dark. It’s like the mortals are the yen to the witches yang to Sabrina keeping her balanced. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9

This was a fun Christm I MEAN SOLSTICE, SORRY AUNT ZELDA special. It was festive, with that weird, dark humor that I have come to expect from this show. Not a whole lot of plot motion, but its a holiday special, they arent usually known for a whole lot of big plot moments. I liked the tie in with old traditions and how witches use them in their celebrations, and the folk lore they have around the season, it was an interesting bit of world building, and everyone getting together to read A Christmas Carol was really sweet, even if it was in the name of Satan.

Its interesting seeing Sabrina's mortal friends know about her witch life. They're still weirded out, but haven't run away screaming, so thats something. I also liked the two monsters they ran into, they were both sufficiently creepy, yet festive. And one ended up helping out, in a weird, creepy way, Dont mess with creepy witch mountain moms!

The little Sabrina looked just like her, it was uncanny! So, Sabrina hasn't changed her style very much over the years, has it? I also like her kind of friendship with The Weird Sisters. Or, frienemyship. 

• Love 3

Okay, I have a question. If Ambrose is a Spellman who are his parents? If it's not Hilda, Zelda, or Sabrina's dad...I guess he could be a second or third cousin or something? But Zelda and Hilda are his aunts too, which should mean that one of his parents is a Spellman sibling, shouldn't it?

I thought Harvey was so boring this season but he could maybe be fun if he was sort of a befuddled Darrin from Bewitched character, regarding all the magic and stuff (minus Darrin's sexist disapproval of everything Samantha did, of course). But I don't think she needs so many human friends like Roz and Susie (they're really boring too). They could make Harvey the one baffled mortal that she wants to bring into the witch world or something like that.

I know the show wants to be dark but they need to make the magic more fun, to show what Sabrina likes about it. Shows like Buffy were good at mixing up the tones, blending horror and comedy for the supernatural stuff, so the show was always fun too. They should have more silly episodes, with less harmful demons or spells sometimes.

• Love 4

That pretty good for a Christmas special, more shows do this. Doctor Who has always had one (minus this year) and Sense 8 did one as well. Since Netflix has binge shows, it's nice to get one to break up the wait. 

I like how they got Gryla to help take care of the demon that turns children into wax figures and gave her children that actually need a new home. I was also wondering how they were going to keep Leticia a secret. They just happened to get a baby that was born around the same time as Father Blackwood's twins. I suppose they could go with a relative since I'm still not sure how Ambrose is related to them. I suppose he could be the child of a cousin of Hilda, Zelda and Edward. 

So Harvey not wanting anything to do with magic is not going to bode well for a relationship between them since being a witch is who Sabrina is. Since they also make it's like witches are a different species of human. I suppose he'll come around but as of now I don't really care if we don't see again. I like Nick better for Sabrina, he helped save her boyfriend just to help her. 

When I saw Mckenna Grace on Young Sheldon I said she could play a young Sabrina, then they cast her as young Sabrina. It's too bad she didn't have a bigger role, she's a good actress too. She was great as young Theo on the Haunting of Hill House. 

• Love 3

Maybe I missed something, but...don’t the Spellmans do the Yule log every year? Why was Aunt Zee explaining it to the family like it was something new? It’s not like they only started doing it this year because now Sabrina is a full-fledged witch, right?

• Love 3

Wasn’t  one of her friends getting kidnapped by a demon a whole plot?

A plot that was shoehorned in to give the mortal friends scenes in the episode. It didn't add anything and raised questions (like why isn't the town terrified of the fact that a child consistently goes missing every Christmas, never to be found. And don't people notice that the wax dolls look like the missing children?). And why would Susie want to dress up like an elf and take pictures of kids with Santa anyway? That seems like such a strange job to actively want, especially with a cranky Santa and no previously established interest in photography.

IMHO, the time spent on that plot could have been better spent on developing the general Witch world Yuletide traditions, the seance, the creepiness with the Yulelads, and Ambrose at his first big party in decades. Also, doing more with Miss Wardwell.

I think Harvey can fit into the story given the Krinkle ownership of mines, family witch hunting history, and of course, being the love interest. But Roz and Susie haven't added much all season. Now that the Weird Sisters are developing, they work better as Sabrina's friends. They can actually help her with magic and demon fighting. Also, they're fun. 

Why was Aunt Zee explaining it to the family like it was something new? It’s not like they only started doing it this year because now Sabrina is a full-fledged witch, right?

This has been an ongoing problem. They have no outsider character, so Witch world things are always being explained that the characters should know. But I think it was a good episode overall, and I particularly enjoyed Sabrina's reverse Solomon trick.

• Love 7

It was okay for a Christmas episode. I think shows with long hiatuses between seasons (looking at you Stranger Things) really benefit from Christmas episodes. 

I really liked the Gryla plotline. Out of the five million different ones crammed into this episode, that one stood out. I didn't think she was THAT evil or scary though.

re: Susie, the actor/actress (not sure what the right definition is, just actor?) is very elfin looking. Who knows why some people are so much more bitten by the Christmas bug then others.

I don't know if it's because I saw the actress kill it in Hill House, but younger Sabrina seemed a little too old and weary to sit on Santa's lap. Shame it was only one scene, too.

The second season is going to be interesting in terms of relationships. 

Edited by Aliferously
so many thought, so many edits
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Okay, I have a question. If Ambrose is a Spellman who are his parents? If it's not Hilda, Zelda, or Sabrina's dad...I guess he could be a second or third cousin or something? But Zelda and Hilda are his aunts too, which should mean that one of his parents is a Spellman sibling, shouldn't it?

I would like to know that too. And also why Hilda is Biritish?

I really liked the episode. The Christmas non-christmas spirit was all around and I propably will go back to the episode. :) I like witches' traditions.

When Gryla showed up I was surprised she was alive.. I thought she was a ghost like her children. That's quite horrbile to eat your own child.... and then claim to love children ;)

Is Miranda Otto pregnant?

• Love 1
Just now, lorbeer said:

I would like to know that too. And also why Hilda is Biritish?

I really liked the episode. The Christmas non-christmas spirit was all around and I propably will go back to the episode. :) I like witches' traditions.

When Gryla showed up I was surprised she was alive.. I thought she was a ghost like her children. That's quite horrbile to eat your own child.... and then claim to love children ;)

Is Miranda Otto pregnant?

Yes! Another question I had. I mean seriously, why would one of the sisters be British and one not, if they've spent their whole lives together?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Yes! Another question I had. I mean seriously, why would one of the sisters be British and one not, if they've spent their whole lives together?

I guess Ambrose could be son of some Zelda, Hilda and Edward's cousin. So they're his aunties and he's a cousin to Sabrina. But why one of the sibilings is different culture/accent... no idea..

20 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Maybe he is actually the child of one of Hilda and Zeldas cousins, and is Sabrina's second cousin? Or maybe in witch families, every older relative is an aunt or uncle, and every younger relative is a cousin, like in some cultures that have large families where its kind of time consuming to explain how everyone is related to everyone? And when you add in how long lived witches and warlocks seem to be, maybe its just easier? Or maybe he really is her first cousin, and they have another sibling they dont see much/dont talk about?

• Love 1

I have a question.  Why are demons considered bad on this show when the witches call themselves children of the night and praise Satan?  Aren’t Satan and demons from hell?  Wouldn't he be the master to both witches and demons?

Edited by Rachel29m
  • Love 7
On 12/14/2018 at 7:48 PM, rubinia said:

Maybe I missed something, but...don’t the Spellmans do the Yule log every year? Why was Aunt Zee explaining it to the family like it was something new? It’s not like they only started doing it this year because now Sabrina is a full-fledged witch, right?

Because the entire show is possessed by an Exposition Poltergeist.

• Love 14
On 12/14/2018 at 7:07 PM, Sakura12 said:

When I saw Mckenna Grace on Young Sheldon I said she could play a young Sabrina, then they cast her as young Sabrina. It's too bad she didn't have a bigger role, she's a good actress too. She was great as young Theo on the Haunting of Hill House. 

I thought they did some weird CGI stuff but that was an actual human doppelgänger. Crazy!

The whole Harvey situation is so awful, unless I am remembering how it all happened incorrectly - instead of just coming to term with his brother dying in a mining accident, Sabrina made him have to kill his brother, like he was Ol' Yeller.

Who could possibly deal with that? Even if you were a witch magic person?

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Ivydoom said:

Kinda got the feeling Ms Wardwell orchestrated the entire thing. She put out the yulelog, that's why the Lads showed, that's why the sisters had to summon Gryla and that led to them getting Gryla to make an end to the childsnatching demon. But ofcourse it could also be as simple as Ms Wardwell wanting to get rid of a Blackwood baby.

I thought the reason Ms Wardwell interfered was to prevent Sabrina from talking to her mother. The seance seemed to allow Sabrina's mom to become friends with some powerful magical entities and to have a secret  conversation with Sabrina that no one else (including us) were privy to.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Ivydoom said:

Kinda got the feeling Ms Wardwell orchestrated the entire thing. She put out the yulelog, that's why the Lads showed, that's why the sisters had to summon Gryla and that led to them getting Gryla to make an end to the childsnatching demon. But ofcourse it could also be as simple as Ms Wardwell wanting to get rid of a Blackwood baby..

I don't think that Wardwell specifically orchestrated Gryla and the yule lads to be there. She just knew that putting out the yule log would allow any wandering spirits to enter the Spellman home and that would most likely wreak enough havoc to disrupt Sabrina's séance plans.

I don't remember anyone outside of the Spellman family knowing that Zelda took the Blackwood baby. In the previous episode, Zelda only confessed to Hilda. Obviously they told Ambrose and Sabrina but I don't think Sabrina would have told Wardwell.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, theatremouse said:

I sort of appreciate those times when Zelda notes how most of the holidays were built on top of pagan  rituals for solstices and equinoxes. 
The show is just light fun for us, tho. And I appreciate the sort of dark, sort of wacky, shenanigans.
The show is like a twisted comedy. And I doubt we'd stick around for more if it ever attempted to get too serious. 

Sabrina's character strikes me as the naively overconfident teen who thinks she can solve any problem better than the old folk. And she is learning that life is not as simple as she thought .. as children who were raised in loving, but sheltered, environments tend to do..
But I much prefer Sabrina's up-beat, can-do attitude over all those morose, goth, woe-is-me super-hero teens who constantly bemoan being different and having powers.  ...which feels like 99% of the main characters from the YA genre and comics. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, shrewd.buddha said:

The show is just light fun for us, tho. And I appreciate the sort of dark, sort of wacky, shenanigans.
The show is like a twisted comedy. And I doubt we'd stick around for more if it ever attempted to get too serious.

Yes, light fun is what I want in these shows. I guess I'm not a true horror fan.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't remember anyone outside of the Spellman family knowing that Zelda took the Blackwood baby.

Prudence was there when Zelda delivered the babies. Dunno if she's a thread, at least for now, seeing as Blackwood is her father and she too has been trumped by little Judas. Or something like that.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

Yes, light fun is what I want in these shows. I guess I'm not a true horror fan.

I would take horror shock comedy like Ash vs Evil Dead only funnier.

2 hours ago, Ivydoom said:

Why would Ms Wardwell want to stop Sabrina from seeing her mother in the seance? Did I miss where the show told us Ms Wardwell had something to do with the death of Sabrina's parents?

I thought when Sabrina wanted to borrow the Book of the Dead to talk to her mother. I thought Ms Wardwell said something like we can't be having that happen.

• Love 3

I’m glad they gave us a little Yule treat via this episode but the writing and editing were a little disjointed. I didn’t understand why Sabrina seemed to lose all curiosity around things she should be asking her Mom about since she had the chance. And why did they only show Ambrose walking into the party but no scene of him actually being there? Surely they filmed scenes of the party, but cut them? Seems like it would have made more sense to cut the party entrance scene too then.

• Love 4
On 12/15/2018 at 4:08 PM, ruby24 said:

Not only that, why is one sister so... orange? Sabrina and Zelda are pretty fair and Hilda looks downright tropical. She's even darker than Ambrose!

Edited by Macktor
name swap
  • Love 2

Why would Ms Wardwell want to stop Sabrina from seeing her mother in the seance? Did I miss where the show told us Ms Wardwell had something to do with the death of Sabrina's parents? It's been a while since I saw the show and I'm honestly a bit distracted by all the satan worship to take this show really seriously..

She was afraid that Sabrina's mother would tell Sabrina things that would disrupt the Dark Lord's plans and her plans. So she put out the Yule log to make sure something went wrong with the seance.

Ms. Wardwell also had some exposition that I missed at the beginning of the scene that was there to establish her goals and emotional state. I couldn't quite hear the beginning of her speech, but she was talking to the Dark Lord, saying she was confused about what was supposed to happen next and asking for a sign. Then Sabrina walked in. Presumably, Ms. Wardwell would take this as part of the sign she asked for, but I didn't get any hint about what meaning she ascribed to it. The actress is compelling and the character was apparently very significant in the source comics, but the show really needs to better integrate and better develop the character here.

• Love 2
On 16.12.2018 at 6:28 AM, Megan said:

I thought they did some weird CGI stuff but that was an actual human doppelgänger. Crazy!

I'm propably the only person who thinks the little actress isn't that similar to 'big Sabrina'. Except for clothes...

15 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

Ms. Wardwell also had some exposition that I missed at the beginning of the scene that was there to establish her goals and emotional state.

She was upset because 'the Dark Lord' had not called her back to 'the pit' after she had completed her task of getting Sabrina to sign her name in The Book. Ms. Wardwell was upset and confused as to whether she had not done the job well enough or if there was more that she was supposed to do.
I like the actress who plays Ms. Wardwell , also. She and the actress who plays Zelda do a good job walking a fine line of being theatrically dramatic but not completely campy. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 7
On 2018-12-16 at 12:28 AM, Megan said:

The whole Harvey situation is so awful, unless I am remembering how it all happened incorrectly - instead of just coming to term with his brother dying in a mining accident, Sabrina made him have to kill his brother, like he was Ol' Yeller.

Who could possibly deal with that? Even if you were a witch magic person?

Because.....I don't think Harvey actually did it! After the conclusion of the show, I thought about it and realized that the teen that couldn't shoot a deer probably couldn't shoot his brother, despite knowing he was "souless" or just not right. We only heard the shot, nothing else. And the "body" was conveniently sent to Riverdale for burial. I'm not American so not familiar with their laws but I still feel there would have to be an investigation of a fatal gunshot wound, it couldn't be ticked off as a suicide without doing some kind of autopsy and inquest.

And agreed, if Harvey is already feeling some PTSD, having to kill his brother would put him off over the top. Nope, he has secured his brother somewhere, and ideally neutralized his danger (tying him up perhaps?) That might be the real reason that Harvey wants to keep his distance from Sabrina and returns her enchanted pencils. He could be afraid that she will ferret out the truth and go ahead and kill Tommy for real. Although I do think Harvey has a very good argument for keeping her out of his life. She tried to bring Tommy back out of love for him, but her messing with his mind - putting a spell on him to make him forget her earlier witch confession - was done strictly to protect herself and it is pretty creepy when you think about it.

I also think Sabrina already moved to the dark side before signing the book, when she cut the witches throat. Even though she intended to bring her back again quickly, it still should have been a hard act to do, no matter how sad/angry she felt about all the deaths the witch had caused.

I think it is interesting how the show shows witches/wardens as servants of Satan, when they are two different belief systems. I haven't checked out the media thread yet but I imagine some Wiccan groups would be very upset with the underlying premise of the show. (A witch is expected to be baptised as the children/servants of Satan)

*I am one of those that thinks McKenna Grace made a wonderful minature version of Sabrina!

Edited by PrePreBabylonia
conveniently is a tricky word...
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PrePreBabylonia said:

Nope, he has secured his brother somewhere, and ideally neutralized his danger (tying him up perhaps?) That might be the real reason that Harvey wants to keep his distance from Sabrina and returns her enchanted pencils

It's an idea but it doesn't hold because as long as Harvey's brother was still alive, the weird sister's soul (Agatha) was being pulled back and thus she was dying.

1 hour ago, PrePreBabylonia said:

I also think Sabrina already moved to the dark side before signing the book, when she cut the witches throat. 

Wardwell/Lillith was counting on it and and made it clear to the audience by calling it taking another step on the road to perdition.

• Love 2

She was upset because 'the Dark Lord' had not called her back to 'the pit' after she had completed her task of getting Sabrina to sign her name in The Book.

Thank you! That was the part I couldn't hear. So that means the Dark Lord sent Ms. Wardwell before Sabrina had refused to sign, which is a potentially interesting tidbit.
I hope the show makes its overall plot a little clearer early in s2. There are all these interesting pieces but they're floating around disconnected at this point. 

I like the actress who plays Ms. Wardwell , also. She and the actress who plays Zelda do a good job walking a fine line of being a bit theatrically dramatic but not completely campy.

That is a perfect way of describing it! 

I think it is interesting how the show shows witches/wardens as servants of Satan, when they are two different belief systems. I haven't checked out the media thread yet but I imagine some Wiccan groups would be very upset with the underlying premise of the show.

Wiccans don't own the word or concept of "witch", and the Wiccans I know generally see the show as clearly separated from real-life Wicca. Sabrina's take on witches is basically straight out of the Cotton Mather anti-witchcraft tracts, but from the witches perspective. It's an interesting fantasy worldbuilding take, IMHO, but it does lead to some very confused show morality! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JonasArm said:

It's an idea but it doesn't hold because as long as Harvey's brother was still alive, the weird sister's soul (Agatha) was being pulled back and thus she was dying.

Wardwell/Lillith was counting on it and and made it clear to the audience by calling it taking another step on the road to perdition.

That's a good point but I still think we are mislead in some way, otherwise we would have been shown something that clearly indicated he was dead. i.e. body. The show certainly hasn't been shy about showing us gross and violent scenes.  I can't think of a way they could circumnavigate the issue of Agatha fully recovering but I hope they did come up with some other plausible explanation. Possibly Tommy's soul getting eaten was the equivalent, since physical Tommy is only a shell of a person.

Lillith was counting on it but I don't think the audience necessarily was.....it's one thing to kill somebody in self defense but another to cut their throat in cold blood, even with the intention of bringing them back to life. Most people would hesitate. We've not seen anything of Sabrina to this point that could indicate she is ruthless when needed. I would have expected someone else to jump in and do it for her, just because she was so innocent. But I definitely enjoy everything we are seeing here, none of it has been predictable for me.

4 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

Wiccans don't own the word or concept of "witch", and the Wiccans I know generally see the show as clearly separated from real-life Wicca. Sabrina's take on witches is basically straight out of the Cotton Mather anti-witchcraft tracts, but from the witches perspective. It's an interesting fantasy worldbuilding take, IMHO, but it does lead to some very confused show morality! 

My coven and I are loving the show.  We know this is a work of fiction.  :)

• Love 9
4 hours ago, PrePreBabylonia said:

it's one thing to kill somebody in self defense but another to cut their throat in cold blood, even with the intention of bringing them back to life. Most people would hesitate.

My biggest issue with it was she couldn't be absolutely certain it was going to work. Clearly this was the first time she had done this spell, she's still an untrained novice and this seems to be pretty advanced stuff. So there was a chance that she would slit Agatha's throat, it doesn't work because she screwed something up and now they are both dead. Or more likely, she thinks she's so clever that she got one over on fate (whatever decides a life for a life) and fate (or whatever) decides to kill someone else to get the life owed to it. 

I really think that this act showed that Sabrina is not innocent, she is extremely ruthless and she doesn't care what happens so long as she gets what she wants. That said, I was happy with it because I prefer the ruthless Sabrina to the entitled little snot Sabrina so I hope she does go dark. I know eventually she'll be all goodness and light, she's the "hero" of the story, but I like the exploration of her very dark side. She's shown herself to be a lot more Zelda than Hilda. 

• Love 5

One of the less obvious things I enjoy about the show is all the details. The winter cinematography, the Spellman house in the snow, all the crazy stuff on the walls and the room layouts inside the house. And have you ever noticed that Hilda is always baking or canning or chopping tons of food in the kitchen?
It seems as if all the departments are bringing their A-game to this series. Hope they can keep it up - and they get some recognition. 

Almost forgot .. the music choices are great, too. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 10

Zelda’s delivery of “peek-a-boo” was hilariously terrifying.

Every time Roz refers to her”cunning”, I bust out laughing. It’s just embarrassing, imo. Also,  I’m always reminded of The Simpsons 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 12/14/2018 at 6:25 AM, pootlus said:

And where did they find a perfect child version of Kiernan Shipka! I actually did a double take.

On 12/14/2018 at 2:43 PM, tennisgurl said:

The little Sabrina looked just like her, it was uncanny! So, Sabrina hasn't changed her style very much over the years, has it?

But they got her hair wrong, the little girl had white blonde hair, but Sabrina didn't have that color hair until after she signed the book

Before

medium_2018-04-04-4599479b54.jpg

After

kiernan-shipka-sabrina-white-hair.jpg

I’ve seen McKenna Grace a few times, once in HHH and once in that Kiefer Sutherland show, and both times I assumed she was a younger Shipka sibling, until I finally looked it up.

Since I had already looked it up and knew she wasn’t, I got a good chuckle out of the casting. Obviously people in the actual industry noticed the same thing.

I liked this special a bit more than the main season, but the show needs something. It either needs funnier writing, darker themes, better plotting (you guys pointed out more holes I’d missed), or possibly to jettison the boring mortals. I sighed back when they gave Roz powers, but they haven’t made her any more interesting because she doesn’t act, just reacts. Susie is mostly there to be a victim. Harvey has literally no personality whatsoever. 

ETA:

https://www.thewrap.com/chilling-adventures-of-sabrina-holiday-episode-kiernan-shipka-mckenna-grace-roberto-aguirre-sacasa/

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 1

This Christmas Special Show was something I really enjoyed and mostly because it was so out of the ordinary from the usual cookie cutter Christmas special. By far Ambrose continues to be my favorite character as the show goes on. I am really looking for the continuation of this show.

• Love 2
On 12/24/2018 at 1:21 AM, GaT said:

But they got her hair wrong, the little girl had white blonde hair, but Sabrina didn't have that color hair until after she signed the book

Before

medium_2018-04-04-4599479b54.jpg

After

kiernan-shipka-sabrina-white-hair.jpg

Children often have lighter hair than their older selves. Particularly blonds. I had family who were platinum as kids and the hair darkened considerably. 

• Love 3
On 12/15/2018 at 9:11 PM, theatremouse said:

EXACTLY. This is something that bugs the hell out of me on a lot of shows. Characters will say something to each other and it’s obvious that it’s meant purely for the audience because it’s something they both know perfectly well and would never need to say IRL. Medical shows tend to be the worst offenders (looking at you this week, New Amsterdam).

• Love 1

With the Xmas Special well behind up  I am eagerly waiting Season 2. I feel the end of Season 1 set up what is going to be a nasty love triangle between Sabrina, Harvey, and Nicholas.  I look forward to the show to get even darker this season and the characters to develop even more. 

On 1/8/2019 at 1:13 PM, Affogato said:

Children often have lighter hair than their older selves. Particularly blonds. I had family who were platinum as kids and the hair darkened considerably. 

Same for me. As a kid I had dark blonde hair. As an adult it’s brown.

I don’t get why Ambrose isn’t white. Everyone got different accents and they live in USA. No cell phones or computers. Is the show set in 1970’s? The show is okay. I agree Harvey, Roz and Susie are boring as dish water. Wouldn’t miss them at all.

On 12/15/2018 at 3:06 PM, lorbeer said:

Maybe she loves them like I love a good steak? 😉

• LOL 1