Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E12: Are You Feeling Lucky?

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, lids said:

I hate that this is going to make Mike think he’s smarter than Christian.

Isn't this the truth! I felt compelled at least twice to tell Mike aloud that he isn't good at this game. But he continues to think that he is.

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, eskimo said:

...It could have been Alison and they'd have been even, and Angelina isn't as loyal to Goliath's as the rest.  I know [Nick is] pissed at Christian, but I fear he's just sealed his fate the same way Christian did.  I'm happy with either Davie or Nick winning, but I don't think there will be a David in the final at all.  I hope I'm wrong.

There's always immunity to hope for...

51 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

With Christian gone and Nick and Davie being at odds, I'm really getting nervous that this is going to be a case of all the credible threats taking each other out and leaving us with a final three of Mike, Angelina, and Alison.

A couple other folks (myself included) over in the Previews & Speculation w/o spoilers thread figure that will be the case, barring immunity for a different one.  I put the final vote at 0-3-7 if it's those three.

Edited by Mark2
3 hours ago, North of Eden said:

100% less fun without Gabby in the mix with all that craziness. To no surprise, she cleaned up really good. So sad that she will probably be a one and done Survivor never to be seen again HOWEVER....if CBS has a clue they know Christian is the standout of the season and they need to pair him up with Gabby on THE AMAZING RACE (sorry Emily but you're not who fans would want to see him race with).

I'd love Christian on The Amazing Race.  But with his beloved Emily who I think a LOT of fans would love to see.  Or if she is really too shy then with Davie or even Nick.  I NEVER want to see Gabby on my screen again EVER let alone on TAR!

Farewell Christian.  I will miss you.  Can't wait until you are asked back on Survivor.  The Finale Night is already a major letdown without you.

In other news what are the chances that Angelina's password to all her online accounts is RICE?

Can't stand Mike or Alison and again they mess up things for me the viewer.  Mike is a stupid player who flew under the radar because he is a zero threat and would never get a single vote in a F3.  Nor would Alison the Dummy.  Kara is ... there ... as in not annoying but not interesting in the least.  The fun final three would be Davie and Nick (either can win though I lean a little to Davie) and Angelina for comic relief because I'd love to hear her before the jury begging for their votes (and jackets) and promising them rice in return.

Edited by green
  • Love 16

I think either Davie or Nick is going to squeak into that Final Three somehow, whether by an immunity run on their end or some cockiness causing a Goliath to be voted out next and another losing the fire-making challenge at F4.  I just can’t believe they would give us such a great season and have it end in such a crappy Final Three.

I go back and forth on whether I want Nick or Davie to win this, but as long as it’s one of those two, I’m fine with it.  Davie is my current hope, but Nick sneaks up in front of him every now and then.

• Love 15

Could Angelina possibly get any more irritating?  I always loathe the reward challenges where the winner gets to pick one (oh wait, you get another... oh wait, pick one more too) and we get shots of the groveling.  I just can’t stand the groveling.  But Angie took it to the next level.   

First, the pleading eyes and the hands clenched in prayer.  Davie picks Nick as a thank you for picking him at the last reward.  “We both picked you Davie!”  STFU!!!!!   Then a pleading of her case.  “I just have to say something.  I got us the rice.”  STFU!!!!!!!!!!!  So happy he didn’t pick her.  

Good playing by both Nick and Davie.  And surprisingly, Mike started to show he is a player.  But I’m confused as to why he kept wanting Christian out so badly but then voted for Davie.   Was it a split vote plan in case Christian has an idol?

I am wholeheartedly rooting for Nick.  Alternatively, Kara.   

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Good playing by both Nick and Davie.  And surprisingly, Mike started to show he is a player.  But I’m confused as to why he kept wanting Christian out so badly but then voted for Davie.   Was it a split vote plan in case Christian has an idol?

I am wholeheartedly rooting for Nick.  Alternatively, Kara.   

Probably was a split the vote plan.  Nick was a moron though.

I much prefer Davie and Kara of those who are left.  Nick is too emotional.  But I did figure out why he used his idol despite Angelina's reassurance.  Because she's a sketch-ball.

Edited by Mark2
  • Love 2

A dozen thoughts on episode 12 from 12/12:

1. Everything's coming up 12.  Christian was the 12th person voted out (two were medically evacuated).  12 balls fell before the immunity winner was named.  Probst behaves like he's 12.
  2. Too many idols spoil the alliance-making.  That's why alliances are so fluid in later seasons ... almost everyone has an advantage or an idol.
  3. We didn't see much of Christian this ep, but make no mistake, he will have an entire commercial-to-commercial segment for his jury speech and questioning.
  4. Day 36 with 6 people left and 1 show remaining ... not much time to show anything at camp.  It'll be all immunity challenges and tribal councils.
  5. Allison's nervous tic of checking her pulse in her neck is the only thing endearing about her.
  6. Davie's indecisiveness at the advantage game was typical of no sleep, no way to calculate all of the permutations, and no compelling reason to risk anything.
  7. Angelina's master negotiation skills will come in handy when it comes to deciding who will go to final tribal as she'll no doubt bleat her case.
  8. Nick's flailing with the fake idol find and fake idol play didn't work for me.  He's not as smart as he thinks he is (which, frankly, you could say about most contestants throughout the years).
  9. I think the reward challenge benefits (whatever they may be) are outweighed by being forced to pick people to join you.  The un-chosen will scheme against you.
  10. The shot of all the fish jumping out of the wave crashing near the beach was the cool wildlife shot of this ep.
  11. The vote was anti-climactic after Christian anvilliciously mentioned at tribal council that he was four votes away from receiving the most votes.
  12. I'd be happy with Kara or Davie winning.
  • Love 8

Sounds like Mike has gone from being the lovable writer of School of Rock, to a lowkey version of Big Brother's Andy Herren on this thread.

I want Davey to win the most probably but I don't hate Mike... I think he's annoying because it doesn't seem like he really knows what he's doing and causing a lot of collateral damage with his amateur play.

Whereas Andy was an actual ass... and Mike seems like a nice guy outside of the game.

• Love 4

It's funny that despite being a Christian fan, I felt perfectly fine with his boot. Probably because if he had won the game, he would had to go the route of HIs and immunity wins and honestly? I'm kind of bored of that winner. 

And I loved that what should have been such a predictable result, turned into an absolute scrum of backstabbing and clusterfuckiness. This season has been so good at keeping track of all the various personalities and giving everybody equal weight so the late game feels like it means something. 

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

A dozen thoughts on episode 12 from 12/12:

<snip>

Wow! What a great post! Probably the 12th most entertaining post I've ever read on this board. Just joking - it really was great. But I don't recall ever seeing you post before. I tried to check your profile to see how many posts you have previously made. I expected a number around ... 12 ... LOL! But for some reason I couldn't find that number.

I hope you will post more however. We need something to save this season from descending into one of the worst ever. It started out so great.  And then Gabby went nutz and the entire season seems to have fallen into the crapper now. I want to blame it on something. But every reason I can come up with will just get me into lots of trouble. So I can't blame anyone or anything. What a travesty of Karma!

P.S. Anyone care to wager that if Aggravina should make it to the FTC, when it comes time to bleat her case for winning, she will attempt to resurrect her Numbskull Rice Negotiation?

Edited by MisterBluxom
  • Love 5

Let's be honest Angelina, you had a super slim chance of winning that challenge anyway.  So you likely didn't sacrifice anything at all.  And after your stupid attempt at negotiating almost everything right off the bat, it should have been you that sat out in exchange for the rice.  So please stop now. 

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Sentient Meat said:

When you don't have any more old people like Big Tom or Paschal... and you only have 7 people that overthink every single move and you have more than one idol in play at this stage of the game... the game play becomes more like flipping a coin than actual strategy.

The Princess Bride analogy was perfect because there is no way to tell who's telling you the truth... they don't have any goats left that they can use for votes... it's every person for themselves and it's a new era of Survivor.

I love this season and I love that Nick introduced the idea of using a fake idol to stop a search... but it's almost a game of chance at this point.

Credit to the players as they made it this way and removed the challenge beasts so I have no idea who will win... but I'm not sure how much skill remains at this point

The tribal council discussion was interesting.  We've heard it before but this season seems to have brought home just how "fluid" the game is now-a-days.  Trust only lasts through each tribal council.   I think this is a weakness in the game/show at this point.   The scrambling at the end is just that - scrambling.  The other thing they talked about was that both trust and deceit are needed to win the game.  However, deceit always prevails.   I would like to see both areas modified in some way, but I'm not clever enough to come up with anything.  I'd like to see the F7 or so have something a little more substantive to work with in terms of strategy than sheer scrambling, and I'd like to see trust rewarded just a little more - as a strategy.

I dunno.  That's sort of what I walked away with after tonight.

It's been pretty sad watching the Davids self-destruct.  Maybe that's why I'm having these thoughts.  

I adore Christian.  I think his gameplay wasn't the best but he was damn likeable - so likeable he really could have won for that reason alone which would be a Survivor first, right?  I also really like Nick and Davie.  These two played the best game this season - bar none. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Jextella said:

The tribal council discussion was interesting.  We've heard it before but this season seems to have brought home that the game is "fluid".  Trust only lasts through tribal and players have to scramble to make new trust connections for the next tribal.

I think this is a weakness in the game/show at this point.   The scrambling at the end is just that - scrambling.  The other thing they talked about was that while the game is that both trust and deceit are needed to win the game but deceit always prevails.   I would like to see both areas modified in some way, but I'm not clever enough to come up with anything.  I'd like to see the F7 or so have something a little more substantive to work with in terms of strategy and I'd like to see trust rewarded just a little more - as a strategy.

I dunno.  That's sort of what I walked away with after tonight.

It's been pretty sad watching the Davids self-destruct.  Maybe that's why I'm having these thoughts.  

I adore Christian.  I think his gameplay wasn't the best but he was damn likeable - so likeable he really could have won which would be a Survivor first, right?  I also really like Nick and Davie.  These two played the best game this season - bar none. 

I've been watching the early seasons of Survivor on my tablet while running on my treadmill  (that's how I justify watching something over again... as opposed to watching something new)

What I'm struck by the most is how much we as a country and culture have changed so much in 17, 18 years.

People really feel horrible about lying and betraying other players in the old days... you'll hear a lot of people say in tears... I know I'm going to lose... but at least I'm keeping true to my values.

That type of thought is unthinkable in Survivor 2018.

The way the game is played today is much more like professional poker... lie like crazy... and shake hands when you screw someone over.

Now, I'm not sure if it's only the gameplay that has evolved this way... or if it's indicative of something deeper, more ominous in our society.

Are we raising a generation of Machiavellian sociopaths by raising kids on shows like Survivor, Big Brother, The Bachelor?  Or is it all just clean fun that has nothing to do with anything other than entertainment?

Makes you wonder when you look at what we tolerate in the political arena.

So now that the game is played more like a professional sport... I agree that something needs to be tweaked... so much of the drama was generated from seeing a Sue Hawk melt down over what today would be a fairly tame betrayal.

I think the only way to do that is casting goats who have an almost antiquated sense of right and wrong... or sheep like Big Brother tends to cast.

Given that choice I'd rather watch good strategists... but I really do wonder about the effect of watching people cheat and lie to each other over and over is having on our culture.

• Love 20

I thought Nick’s fake idol plant was clever. When you don’t want everyone looking for an idol, making them think it’s already been found is an effective deterrent. He expected someone else to spot it, but when they didn’t, he had no choice but to “find” it himself. I also thought the way he used it was potentially clever; unfortunately, his ability to read faces left much to be desired. For his (professional) sake, I hope he’s better at reading actual juries.

Davie’s upstaging of Nick on the cleverness front had me cheering. It was a great start to an episode with a very anticlimactic ending.  (Which had me thinking of T.S. Eliot: This is the way Christian’s game ends. This is the way Christian’s game ends...)

I can’t figure out Nick’s vote. It seems apparent that a split vote was orchestrated, given Mike’s transparent glee afterwards, but why did Nick go along with it? He had patched things up with Davie by then, but they did not vote together. If they had, Alison would have gone home. I just can’t see what he thought he had to gain by ditching Christian, especially since he said earlier that they were still working together.

Although it’s looking like an all-Goliath final, I stand by what I said last week: Based on the editing, at least one of the Davids are going to the final.  It’s in the show’s best interest to leave the fans satisfied. When they edit the season together, they don’t know who is going to win, but they do know who is Final 3. So they want at least one of those people to be someone worth rooting for.  I think if Mike, Alison, Kara, and/or Angelina were Final 3, one of them would have had a more compelling edit. One of them would have looked like they had a strategic plan. (I know, Alison, you’re going to make your Big Move ANY DAY NOW.) I just don’t feel like I’ve seen enough from any of them. Of course, it’s possible that there just isn’t anything to show. But what a disappointment that would be. And for me, it would move the season’s ranking from among the best ever to Hantz-adjacent depths.

• Love 10

Honestly this season has been so great I find myself going back and re-watching minor moments I would pretty much forget about in another season, because there are so many good ones.  When Angelina begged Davie to pick her for the RC, the many looks on Angelina's face: the "WTF" and "we both chose you Davie" through a clenched jaw and mad smile when he picked Nick and said it was for the RC.  Then the rice card, whip up some tears, and shooting Kara a glare when she got picked.  She really is Tracy Flick.  Davie should be a professional poker player after that because I loved how he just stood there and didn't let anything show on his face.

And this was her first time in 33 days she was angry?

If Angelina makes it to the FTC and brings up the rice, I hope the jurors who were there for her tantrum call her out and say 'you said you didn't want anything for it.'

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

When they edit the season together, they don’t know who is going to win, but they do know who is Final 3.

Huh?  The editors certainly know who has won.  The final votes are read on the live show but they vote for the actual winner while still on the island months and months before the live show finale.  If you know the final three then you know the winner. 

The editors aren't editing in the dark here.  That is what gives me hope that either Nick or Davie or even both make it through to the F3 and maybe one of them wins because they have gotten really good edits.  I lean to Davie now.  And no I read NO spoilers.  This is my guess based on the editing alone up through this episode.  Like I think maybe Nick won't make it now because we got two quick edits tonight right after tribal ended showing him really upset and muttering under his breath that he wasted his idol.  It is also why I don't think Kara is in the mix because she hasn't had much air time or any real storyline compared to the other 5 players left.  It will be interesting to see if the edits were "tells" next week because the editing has been better this season at hiding stuff.

Edited by green
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, green said:

Huh?  The editors certainly know who has won.  

Yeah? I guess I’ve always assumed that the final votes were kept under strict lock-and-key, that maybe a few people at the very top would know but nobody else, in order to prevent spoilers. Because in order to do their jobs effectively, the editors would not actually have to know who won, just who made it to the end. Do you know this for sure? Not arguing, just curious.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Yeah? I guess I’ve always assumed that the final votes were kept under strict lock-and-key, that maybe a few people at the very top would know but nobody else, in order to prevent spoilers. Because in order to do their jobs effectively, the editors would not actually have to know who won, just who made it to the end. Do you know this for sure? Not arguing, just curious.

Just logic.  If your were Burnett or Probst would you want to trust your editors to do a good job totally blind to the final outcome?  That's playing Russian roulette with your show.  You can't frame a good storyline unless you know how the book ends.  You have to know the winner or the whole edit will be off.

The editors are professionals.  They aren't lowly production assistants out on Twitter gabbing away and giving up secrets.  They are under contract and no way will they break their contracts and screw up their lucrative careers and reputations in the industry.

Edited by green
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Yeah, they know, and the producers are in the edit room sitting next to the editors guiding the cut all season long. 

Probst and the producers read the votes right at the final TC...as we saw last season they at least need to know if it's a tie so they revote right away. 

Not many, but, maybe a dozen or so people on the show staff know the winner. The "story producers" will work out what to focus on, what storylines to play up, what maneuvering to highlight, and help the editors craft the narrative. 

TV is made differently than most people think. There are lots of people involved. It's not a locked room with an editor working alone, he's probably got three guys behind him watching him work all day, talking out ideas and suggestions. 

• Love 7

It's fascinating because in Davie and Nick I feel like we're seeing a do-over of Dom and Wendell, this time being smart and actually going after each other.  They've gotten the lion's share of the idols and advantages, they're playing the best games -- but this time, they're not stupidly rolling the dice by taking each other to the end!  (Well...probably!)  And it's more fun because they haven't been on the dominant, Naviti side the whole game.

This episode was like, everybody being themselves to a huge degree.  Nick being clever but more holding the tiger by the tail rather than being in the driver's seat.  Davie being cleverer and exuberantly fun in confessionals.  Alison making the bold choice to do nothing but spoil the big move.  Kara being even-keeled, friendly, fluid, and totally unable to catch a break and get anything to happen right.  Angelina being the most Angelina that anyone could possibly be.  Mike being self-satisfied as he plays the sort of game least likely to win the respect of the jury (even Russell style can get you a couple votes.)

Everyone, that is, except Christian.  Who just seemed beaten down and out of options, wistful and melancholy.  I hadn't been sure his "See you soon" last week was as sad as I thought it might be; but now I know it was.  And now it sort of breaks my heart.  Even his farewell words seemed very sad to me.  Please somebody hire Christian to do a TV show about computer science or whatever, I want to see that adorable man thriving and happy, delighted as he always seemed to be to share his knowledge with people.  Can't wait to see his Ponderosa, assuming he is cheerful in it.

3 hours ago, Sentient Meat said:

When you don't have any more old people like Big Tom or Paschal... and you only have 7 people that overthink every single move and you have more than one idol in play at this stage of the game... the game play becomes more like flipping a coin than actual strategy.

I know what you mean.  I sort of feel this.  Not only do I have no idea what some of these people think they're doing -- I don't have any good idea of what even the smart people think they're doing.  But I don't think it's an actual indication of how Survivor is now.  Just last season we had a ploddingly relentless Pagonging.  Some seasons just turn into shapeless free-for-alls: Gabon, Nicaragua...we should just be happy that for once in our lives a season with a chaotic strategic mess is a good season.

2 hours ago, GenerationX said:

Davie's indecisiveness at the advantage game was typical of no sleep, no way to calculate all of the permutations, and no compelling reason to risk anything.

This was another great editing sequence, I wanted to say.  I really liked hearing him thinking out loud...and I think he made the right choice to keep his vote, although it didn't actually affect anything, as it turned out.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I can’t figure out Nick’s vote. It seems apparent that a split vote was orchestrated, given Mike’s transparent glee afterwards, but why did Nick go along with it? He had patched things up with Davie by then, but they did not vote together.

At the time that Davie decided not to pull the trigger on Nick - when Nick told him about his idol - Nick had no idea that there had been anything planned. THEN Mike told Nick, which got him all riled up, hence wanting to vote Davie. They didn't patch anything up after that. As far as I can tell, Nick went into Tribal thinking Davie was going to vote for him, and probably pissed about it. He didn't play his idol right away because he thought he had numbers in any case, but when Davie played his, he wasn't so sure, so did his little bluff and then played it just in case, still thinking Davie was moving on him. 

After the votes, Nick looked confused, and the look on Davie's face suggested he knew he was on the outs and potentially that someone had blabbed to Nick. 

It's funny the way this episode and the last one played out. They started off with basically the same premise - a player realising they had to get their closest ally out - and had the same fly in the ointment - someone tipping the target off for reasons that don't really make sense, and thus the target using an idol - but the results were so completely different.

I was worried we were heading for a Nick-Davie double-idol no-votes-count scenario, but the editing had me totally confused as to who would actually go. Then Davie said that thing about being in the drivers seat and I just assumed he'd do something stupid like not play the idol and go home. They fooled me good. I didn't expect Christian to win, but I expected him to get a big Farewell Episode. Or at least a couple of confessionals. Like many of you I thought he was safe because it was the least we've seen of him all season. Was there even a confessional at the beginning about his feelings about being targetted last week and Gabby going? 

Great episode - another in a great season - but I'm kind of dreading the finale. Davie is probably my only really cheer-worthy winner now and I don't think he's got much of a shot. I'd be okay, probably, with Nick, maybe Kara, but yeah - I'm worried about an Angelina, Alison and Mike F3 and it would be such a crappy ending to a great season. Even just two of those in the F3 with one of the others would be a let-down because it feels like the result would be such a blowout - especially if it's Nick or Davie.

And god, what if the jury did something foolish and one of them actually won? We'd have days of interviews from Angelina about how the freaking rice negotiation won her the game and my head would explode. 

On another note, I though 'when they seperate, you're screwed' should have been the episode title. I'm twelve so Jeff's ball commentary never fails to get a giggle out of me, but when Angelina said that I full-on guffawed. 

• Love 1

Good grief, how many balance and don't let something drop Immunity Challenges have there been this season? The only saving grace is that no-one is a balancing savant and going on a winning streak. It's incredible that there have been seven different winners from the seven Immunity Challenges since the merge.

• Love 12

It ended up being a decent episode, better than the last one.  Too much Davie recently for me, and he kind of raises his voice too much in the confessionals.  Another idol with a load of torches around it and the location being made clear to the searcher.

I'm still puzzled why Allison is supposed to be a huge threat.  It's seemed to me that Davie and Nick have been the biggest threats and yet nobody seems to see that.  Both Allison and Kara have seemed under the radar.

Nick made a good move in placing the fake idol after one had been played, but a bad move in finding it himself as it just made him an even bigger target and could look more suspicious.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

Davie being cleverer and exuberantly fun in confessionals.

I don't find him fun in those though, more annoying.

Both him and Nick played an idol when they didn't have to, and they should be the biggest targets, though the way this season has gone they will probably still think Allison is some mammoth threat.

15 minutes ago, MissEwa said:

It's funny the way this episode and the last one played out. They started off with basically the same premise - a player realising they had to get their closest ally out - and had the same fly in the ointment - someone tipping the target off for reasons that don't really make sense, and thus the target using an idol - but the results were so completely different.

I don't think they are anything like as close as the edit showed Gabby and Christian.

8 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Yeah, I think so. Mike will be the guy who needs to worry. As I said earlier, he’s the shit-stirrer.

What did Davie do the previous episode then, shit stirred so Gabby went home, right?  Information is power on Survivor, and it's used to make moves.

7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

No, he had to play it tonight.  This was the only TC it was good for so it would be ridiculously insane not to.

Not ridiculously insane.  A gamble yes, but we saw Wendell gamble and get away with it plenty of times.  If you get to the end and pull out an idol and say you never had to use it (you don't even have to say it was only for one tribal) it could help in the final votes.

• Love 1

Davie is playinga n outwardly chill and controlled game. We have heard him talk to people about playing the game and makign moves and not taking it personally. He keeps his emotions in check at tribal and around camp. His confessionals show the over all excitement and thought he is giving this game and I love it. Youc an tell that Production is asking him questions to gt him to explain what he is doing because they can see how he is playing and how he is hiding that he is playing. 

This season has been great. The cast has been out there playing and trying to figure the game out. No one has really been hiding or doing nothing. There has been some clearly ineffective and indecisive game play but they are still playing. I do fear that I am not going to be happy with the winner. Nick and Davie are the only two that I really want to see win. Kara would be ok if she clearly stated “My strategy was this and then it turned into this because of the situation. I wanted to play this way but that wasn’t possible so I adjusted my game. I didn’t find idols or advantages, even though I looked, so I worked hard to be flexible and take advantage of the oppertunities that came my way.” Because that is a totally legit answer and way to play the game. 

But any of Mike, Angelina, or Alison winning will be a huge disappointment. Mike annoyed me on the Amazing Race and he has annoyed me this entire season. He comes off as smug, at least to me. There was never any real Mike love. He has been playing a decent game of beng in the middle but he is just so smug about it. He is not Chaos Kass but you can see that he kind of wants to be the low key little brother to Chaos Kass. He is more interested in blowing things up then actually winning. I suspect that he got really lucky to land on a swap tribe with Nick who was looking to make, and name, alliances by the dozen.

Angelina is trying to play, she just sucks at the game that badly. She is the definition fo entitled brat. If she asks for something, she is suppose to get it and she desn’t udnerstand why the puppy dog eyes and the whining didn’t get her a jacket or a reward challenge. It did get her an idol that she didn’t need and that sent a betterplayer home. I guess she has that. I just can’t with her. I don’tt hink she is a villian or a bad person but I hope to god she is watching this and ralizing exactly how entitled she is. 

Alison is clearly doing more then we have been shown, otherwise no one would consider her a threat. I feel bad for her edit but she is the epitome of indecisiveness. Just aaacccckkkkk. Make a decision and own it. Not everything needs to be shopped around. But she can’t and so she blows things up without that end up hurting her. At least she is not screwing it up thinking that it is good jury management, like Angelina almost did and Alec (and three others on the Dan vote out episode) did. 

I need Davie or Nick to win this but I fear that they won’t. I fear that Nick’s last bunch of moves are going to be seen as emotional and hence illogical and that the Goliaths on the jury will decide to give themoney to a Goliath. I fear that Davie has played a great game that we have seen but has beena  bit to subtle and sly for the people playing the game. I fear that the Davids voted out are going to feel like they were screwed over by Nick or Davie. Kara I can live with but any of the other Goliaths would be a travesty for this season.

• Love 14

Might be editing but I loved the look Christian gave Nick as votes were being read followed by Davie’s glance Nick’s way. 

Typically I don’t pick who I want to win.  I’m rooting for Davie. Go, Davie, go!  Win this thing!!

It went from Christian to Nick and now Davie. And Davie it will stay. I love how he handles himself. How he thinks. How he expresses himself.   

• Love 6
1 hour ago, amazingracefan said:

Not ridiculously insane.  A gamble yes, but we saw Wendell gamble and get away with it plenty of times.  If you get to the end and pull out an idol and say you never had to use it (you don't even have to say it was only for one tribal) it could help in the final votes.

I love Wendell, but separate thought, holding an idol in your pocket that you can only play for one Tribal Council and not playing it for that Tribal Council wouldn't impress me , it would anger me.  That doesn't make sense to me and I don't find it to be good gameplay.  What would you be saving that idol for?  

(you don't even have to say it was only for one tribal) 

Saving the idol for the potential of going to Final Tribal Council, and then lying about it, even though the truth would be aired on television immediately afterwards?  I wouldn't.

What did Davie do the previous episode then, shit stirred so Gabby went home, right?  Information is power on Survivor, and it's used to make moves.

I don't recall Davie being intent on Gabby going home.  I recall him being intent that Christian stayed.  Gabby blew up the Davids alliance, not Davie.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, GenerationX said:
  1. Allison's nervous tic of checking her pulse in her neck is the only thing endearing about her.

I wonder if she has a medical problem that requires her to monitor it.  My father  used to do this, but he was a hypochondriac who always thought he would die young.  He made it to 90 and I used to joke that he would be constantly checking his pulse to make sure he was still alive.

• Love 4

So freaking sad that Christian is out.

I'm also sorry Nick wasted his idol. And I'm really sorry someone didn't play one for Christian.

The sadness in Christian's eyes, all episode, after the betrayal at the previous tribal by Gabby was haunting.

I hate the remaining Goliaths. They are the sappiest of all the Goliaths, and there they are in the final six - because of stupid Gabby and her emotional incontinence.

I was crossing my fingers and toes Alison would finally go bye-byes, but no... So damn sad.

• Love 11

I asked on the first page and no one has answered (unless I missed it).  Who voted for whom?  

Nick - Christian?

Davey - Alison?

Mike - Davey?

What about the rest?

I think if Mike makes it to F3 the jury will consider his financial situation and not vote for him, no matter how much they like him.  (Hoping this, anyway.)

6 hours ago, GenerationX said:

Angelina's master negotiation skills will come in handy when it comes to deciding who will go to final tribal as she'll no doubt bleat her case.

Hilarious.

1 hour ago, MissEwa said:

On another note, I though 'when they seperate, you're screwed' should have been the episode title

Kind of the story of the Davids lately.

Another idol with a load of torches around it and the location being made clear to the searcher.

I wonder if anyone had just happened to walk over there if he/she would have been allowed to get the idol (without finding the clue to the location).

I certainly hope the editing is pointing to our winner.  I'd prefer Davie but I'd be almost as happy with a Nick win.  Anyone else will be a disappointment.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I asked on the first page and no one has answered (unless I missed it).  Who voted for whom?  

Nick - Christian?

Davey - Alison?

Mike - Davey?

What about the rest?

I certainly hope the editing is pointing to our winner.  I'd prefer Davie but I'd be almost as happy with a Nick win.  Anyone else will be a disappointment.

Nick, Kara and Angelina voted for Christian.  Mike and Alison voted for Davie.  Davie and Christian voted for Alison.  

I’m curious to see how Davie handles this... he looked surprised to get any votes.  He still has one idol left that nobody knows about, because I don’t think anyone knew about his new one and those that knew he had an idol probably assumed he played it last night.  

Nick has burned his idol.  I think Davie’s is the only one left?  

• Love 4

Oh. My. God.  If you did not love Christian Hubicki enough already, catch this:

He is just the best.  My favorite player of all time.  So brilliant, and yet, so adorable.  Watch the faces of all these much-dimmer lunkheads as they try to grok what he's talking about.  And yet, they do.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Which is stupid of Davie cause Nick is proving why he needs to go. Seriously Davie Nick just told you he was lying and now you trust him? SMH cause he'd never lie to you and take you out SMH

10 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I think Davie saw it as being a situation where Nick planned to tell Davie the real story as soon as he had the chance.

But now that Nick knows that Davey was targeting him, Nick's after Davey but Davey doesn't realize it.

And loved how Nick tried to "read the room" like Christian, but failed spectacularly.

11 hours ago, Eolivet said:

And then Mike -- whose idea it was to take out Christian -- doesn't even vote for him?!

The breakdown on those votes were beyond interesting. Nick, Kara and Angelina for Christian? Nick is stone cold. I can't decide whether I respect it or not.

11 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

The votes were very weird.  Mike talked so much about wanting Christian out, but voted for Davey.  Nick wanted Davey out, but voted for Christian.   

I wonder if Davey and Nick will patch things up, since neither of them voted for the other.

I am hoping an interview explains that voting.  I watched about 3 minutes of Robs live surivor recap and they were going on and on about timing.  Which did seem to play here.  Davey et al who have a plan in the day of the challenge with 2 or 3 days to go till tribal...to early.  Other people will start to scheme and everything turns.  
It seemed telling to me how everyone in the intial strateging was just "yes sure Allison".  As if it being all that easy wasnit in itself a huge clue that no, people are just saying that on the face of it and then are going to go to the beach and try to get their real plan going.  

11 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I don't get this girl!  Every week it's "I'm going to make a big move" which results in her just going with the majority and doing nothing.  Or squealing.  I wish she had been voted off already.  She's perfect F3 goat fodder, though.

Squealing.  Good word.  This whole seasons could be called that.  Instead of "fluid" or "voting blocs".  

Of course Mike just out and out lied to Nick geezus!  I hope Nick finds out.   It makes me wonder about their alliance and how Nick didn't even question what Mike said. 

7 hours ago, GenerationX said:
  1. Allison's nervous tic of checking her pulse in her neck is the only thing endearing about her.
  3. I think the reward challenge benefits (whatever they may be) are outweighed by being forced to pick people to join you.  The un-chosen will scheme against you.

I thought that was hilarious when I saw her check her pulse the first time.  Then she did it again.  I do think that when people mention Allison as a threat its mostly as a challenge threat.  She's not a beast but she is often close. 

I was yelling - "Davie throw the challenge!!!!!"  Late in the game I would not want to have to choose and then miss out on camp scheming.  He has been low key, not suddenly he's not. He's a winner, got targeted, and will continue to be based on votes. 

1 hour ago, Ellee said:

Question.  What should Nick be thinking now that Mike’s intel of Davie pushing for a Nick vote was ‘wrong’ as he got no votes?  Does he question Mike or Davie or both?  

I hope Mike gets called out on his lie.  I haven't liked his game but wonder should I respect it?  People who get pushed into swing vote positions usually tank because of it.  He's been playing this middle thing and its worked for him which just seems weird.  He also seems to have much stronger relationships with people than are being shown.  Angelina LOVES him.  Allison runs to him to gab.  Kara votes with him.  Nick seems to be aligned with Davieand Mike but I thought Davie was number 1 but I guess its really Mike. 

Mike is a nice smart guy and I'm sure those relationships could be the same if he wasn't famous and a friend of Jeff Probst.  Except he is.  I do think in the chummy chummy close knit circle of survivor alum that it makes a difference to be Jeff's friend and playing. Not that they are friend friends maybe but I read an interview with Jeff talking about Mike being at his house for dinner and how Mikes comments made them change what they were going to do one season.   It certainly doesn't hurt your social game.  How can people resist sucking up to Probst's friend?

I really didn't want to see Christian go and am sorry we didn't see what, if, he tried to put together to save himself.  So Sad.  
I'll only be really happy if Davie wins now.  

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, violet and green said:

So freaking sad that Christian is out.

I'm also sorry Nick wasted his idol. And I'm really sorry someone didn't play one for Christian.

The sadness in Christian's eyes, all episode, after the betrayal at the previous tribal by Gabby was haunting.

I hate the remaining Goliaths. They are the sappiest of all the Goliaths, and there they are in the final six - because of stupid Gabby and her emotional incontinence.

I was crossing my fingers and toes Alison would finally go bye-byes, but no... So damn sad.

"Emotional incontinence".  Perfect description!  Brilliant!  

8 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

I am hoping an interview explains that voting.  I watched about 3 minutes of Robs live surivor recap and they were going on and on about timing.  Which did seem to play here.  Davey et al who have a plan in the day of the challenge with 2 or 3 days to go till tribal...to early.  Other people will start to scheme and everything turns.  
It seemed telling to me how everyone in the intial strateging was just "yes sure Allison".  As if it being all that easy wasnit in itself a huge clue that no, people are just saying that on the face of it and then are going to go to the beach and try to get their real plan going.  

Squealing.  Good word.  This whole seasons could be called that.  Instead of "fluid" or "voting blocs".  

Of course Mike just out and out lied to Nick geezus!  I hope Nick finds out.   It makes me wonder about their alliance and how Nick didn't even question what Mike said. 

I thought that was hilarious when I saw her check her pulse the first time.  Then she did it again.  I do think that when people mention Allison as a threat its mostly as a challenge threat.  She's not a beast but she is often close. 

I was yelling - "Davie throw the challenge!!!!!"  Late in the game I would not want to have to choose and then miss out on camp scheming.  He has been low key, not suddenly he's not. He's a winner, got targeted, and will continue to be based on votes. 

I hope Mike gets called out on his lie.  I haven't liked his game but wonder should I respect it?  People who get pushed into swing vote positions usually tank because of it.  He's been playing this middle thing and its worked for him which just seems weird.  He also seems to have much stronger relationships with people than are being shown.  Angelina LOVES him.  Allison runs to him to gab.  Kara votes with him.  Nick seems to be aligned with Davieand Mike but I thought Davie was number 1 but I guess its really Mike. 

Mike is a nice smart guy and I'm sure those relationships could be the same if he wasn't famous and a friend of Jeff Probst.  Except he is.  I do think in the chummy chummy close knit circle of survivor alum that it makes a difference to be Jeff's friend and playing. Not that they are friend friends maybe but I read an interview with Jeff talking about Mike being at his house for dinner and how Mikes comments made them change what they were going to do one season.   It certainly doesn't hurt your social game.  How can people resist sucking up to Probst's friend?

I really didn't want to see Christian go and am sorry we didn't see what, if, he tried to put together to save himself.  So Sad.  
I'll only be really happy if Davie wins now.  

I don't think Mike actually lied to Nick about Davey.  Davey absolutely told Mike he wanted Nick out.  Later, Nick and Davey spoke privately and Nick told him that the second idol was fake, so Davey once again trusted Nick and wanted to work with him, but Nick wasn't in on that.   

• Love 5

Isn't that backwards?  I'll rewatch and report back but I think it was the scene of Nick telling Davie about the fake idol, Davies narrated thoughts on feeling right with Nick again since Nick told him about it, then Davie doubling down with Nick on I'm not flipping on you.  So then Davie votes for Allison

Then Mike cornerning Nick on the beach - hey Davie is gunning for you, Nick all pissed off, especially after telling him about the fake idol.  

I'm really worried about Davie.  He thought Nick was his number one ally and Kara number two.  I don't think he has strong relationships with Alison, Angelina or Mike. And apparently Mike has strong relationships with everyone but Davie, including Nick and Kara which leaves Davie alone. 

Edited by marys1000
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, green said:

I'd love Christian on The Amazing Race.  But with his beloved Emily who I think a LOT of fans would love to see.  Or if she is really too shy then with Davie or even Nick.  I NEVER want to see Gabby on my screen again EVER let alone on TAR!

Farewell Christian.  I will miss you.  Can't wait until you are asked back on Survivor.  The Finale Night is already a major letdown without you.

Green! Seems you and I can never agree. I seem to remember us going head to head on the last TAR. Probably over Cody and Jess LOL. Seriously though watching Christian AND Gabby problem solving their way out of challenges on TAR would be well "Amazing". Two smart people like that pair could go a long way.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Well, Davie for episode MVP for the reward, his  "Nick, you're smart but I'm smarter" read of the fake HII, the getting of the advantage and the divine intervention on the HII! 

Davie is playing a great game, but I'm always skeptical when players figure things like that out -- mostly because there's a layer to playing Survivor that many viewers don't seem to consider:

Davie: "I think Nick might be up to something!"
Reality:  "There was a lot of camera activity around Nick!"

Random Survivor: "I think he's gone down the beach to look for an idol!"
Reality: "A camera operator just suddenly followed him down the beach!"

Random Survivor: "I found an idol!"
Reality: "I looked where the camera operator was pointing!"

There are a limited number of cameras and producers for daily activity around the island. Surely, they influence the scope of the game? 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I wonder if anyone had just happened to walk over there if he/she would have been allowed to get the idol (without finding the clue to the location).

I wondered that myself, it must have been quite far from the camp and they probably set it up at the last minute.  The one along the beach was probably similar.

5 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Green! Seems you and I can never agree. I seem to remember us going head to head on the last TAR. Probably over Cody and Jess LOL. Seriously though watching Christian AND Gabby problem solving their way out of challenges on TAR would be well "Amazing". Two smart people like that pair could go a long way.

I'd be ok with it, she's more emotional he's more chilled, so could work for or against.  As for Emily, I didn't even catch her name in the episode, she wasn't really part of this season.  And all the speculation about family/friends who visit just makes me wish even more that they didn't.

5 minutes ago, rasalas said:

Davie is playing a great game, but I'm always skeptical when players figure things like that out -- mostly because there's a layer to playing Survivor that many viewers don't seem to consider:

Davie: "I think Nick might be up to something!"
Reality:  "There was a lot of camera activity around Nick!"

Random Survivor: "I think he's gone down the beach to look for an idol!"
Reality: "A camera operator just suddenly followed him down the beach!"

Random Survivor: "I found an idol!"
Reality: "I looked where the camera operator was pointing!"

There are a limited number of cameras and producers for daily activity around the island. Surely, they influence the scope of the game? 

This is why I don't think Nick handled it well in either the placement or finding it himself.  He should have hid it in a similar place as before and taken and used some of the string that always seems to go with it this season along with the idol note.

I don't think I've ever heard a contestant say anything more arrogant, more ridiculous, more ... Hell! I got about a dozen other negative adjectives to describe when Mike said something like ...

"Oh Golly. I wonder if I can surprise myself."

"I sure do hope I will surprise myself."

"I hope that I will surprise myself."

I don't remember exactly what he said but any of the three above phrases are close enough. I'm not trying to slant his meaning. I just don't remember. But this fellow thinks way too much of himself. He must think he is the only human being with a brain. I wonder why he hasn't changed his name to something like, "Mr. Brainiac" or "Big Brainiac"!  After more than one person has praised Christian for his "big brain", I wonder if Mike will be changing his name soon. 

At the beginning of the season, I had some preconceived notions about him and I called him "an asshole" among other things. But I got rightfully criticized and so I withdrew that remark as best I could and apologized. Now I find myself wishing that instead of apologizing, I could have said, "Just give it some time and see what you think."

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Jextella said:

I think [Christian's]gameplay wasn't the best but he was damn likeable - so likeable he really could have won which would be a Survivor first, right?

In what way would it be a Survivor first?

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

And loved how Nick tried to "read the room" like Christian, but failed spectacularly.

But Christian didn't really read the room fully either. He told us in this ep that Davie told him to play his idol prior to TC. Sure, he didn't know if Davie was telling the truth, but it's not like he had no idea what was going on either.

Does Davie have another idol? I've seen a few people mention it, but I only remember the one he used on Christian and the one he used in this ep on himself.

• Love 11

Mike was shown to get his way though.  One of the funnier moments at tribal was him saying to Christian something like - yes I know I've voted you twice but things change all the time and you have to make new alliances sometimes.  I'm sure Christian's fans don't like him as he was wanting Christian out for several episodes.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, amazingracefan said:

Mike was shown to get his way though.  One of the funnier moments at tribal was him saying to Christian something like - yes I know I've voted you twice but things change all the time and you have to make new alliances sometimes.  I'm sure Christian's fans don't like him as he was wanting Christian out for several episodes.

You don't have to be a Christian fan to dislike him. Most anyone at all can dislike him.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, mojoween said:

those damn grey yoga pants are SO unflattering

Grey yoga pants are never unflattering.  And I kind of like Angelina and her complete unawareness of how annoying she really can be? 

Enough of my creepiness and unpopular opinions.  On to Khaleesi* (now with 100% more 12-ness) and her acceptable thoughts! 

On Nick's idea to "find an idol" and make everyone stop looking:
This is actually a great and also really evil plan, Nick.  You been hanging 'round with too many criminals.

On Davie approaching Christian to discuss Nick's "idols":
Oh Davie I knew you'd be too smart for this plan... but you're not too smart to talk to "Survivor Kryptonite" Christian about it.

On reward challenge strategy:
Just. Uncoil. The. Whole. Rope.  Unless you really believe you're Noah Syndergaard.

On reward selections:
OMG not the flipping rice again.  You did not WIN rice, Angelina.. you sat out of a challenge you had a slim chance of winning anyway to get rice but more to have a thing to tell people every 20 minutes.  Angelina will write an autobiography one day called "You Probably Remember the Time I Got Us Rice?"  

On Davie's Divine Idol Intervention:
He asked God to tell him which urn to pick, and the flames start blowing to the left, sooo, he takes that as a sign not to play?  Instead of a sign to pick the urn on the left?  Did he think the urn was actually going to verbalize Right or Left?  You aren't Moses.

*Who was in a great mood last night because she had totally just gotten a callback invitation for 'a named role' in her new middle school's spring musical and made like 400 new friends in 2 hours. 

• Love 15