Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/10/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Meghan says she's relaxed off camera. LOL, really? One of our members witnessed you having a meltdown off camera, Meggie. Delusional girl, this one. She's trying to sell her usual fake "tough girl" persona and we aren't buying it.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 20
On 12/11/2018 at 9:09 PM, nokat said:
On 12/11/2018 at 8:46 PM, pinguina said:

Based on what I've been reading, MM continues to use the following excuses for her baseless opinions bad behavior/claims/anger:

1. "My father died and....."             2.  "But what about..."     3. "When Obama/Hilary..."    4.  "As a Republican..."

As for the first - We have all lost a parent who we loved and sometimes it's been sudden/unexpected and sometimes we know it will come and sometimes we are aware but still not quite prepared.  She had a year of knowledge that her father was going to die.  I lost my mother and we knew it would arrive sooner than we would like and slowly prepared emotionally.  We leaned on each other and talked a lot about her (my mother had Alzheimer's) as we gathered with her.   When she finally took her last breath (I was blessed to be holding her with my sister when it happened), I truly felt at peace and in a weird way a sense of happiness for her.  I do talk about her or mention her at least once a day but not in a poor me I lost my mother, but in just conversation.  And I still cry but it's a momentary sadness because I believe that she is happy where she is.  As someone upthread said, we can't fight death, death needs to be accepted because that is a part of life.

For the second - Yes, what about the orange guy continually changing his past, his justifications, his lack of civility and respect towards others, his greed, his just awful demeanor.  And how can she defend him after what she said at her father's funeral?

For the third - You (MM) continually remind us to "get over it, you (I'm assuming Democrats) lost", yet continually bring them up.  Why?

And finally - How about "As a human being..." Or "Looking at everything that has been said, I think..."

(Sorry,  I hope I didn't go to off-topic.  It's just that she does makes me so mad.)

Sorry for your loss. Yes, it's difficult, but it doesn't mean you get free rein to be an asshole. We both dealt with it, and moved on.

A couple of days ago the discussion turned to how people associated with Trump run the risk of losing the public's respect.  Then I thought about the View.  Despite her quirks, I always respected Barbara Walters as a ground-breaking journalist.  The View factored into that perception.  Then the show hired Sherri.  And Elizabeth.  And now NutMeg.  I really can't "see" BW the same way now.  Those hires say things about her - and the showrunners' - collective judgment that I'd rather ignore, but can't.

On another note, if NutMeg gets any bigger, she's going to explode.  (I can say that as a hefty guy myself).  She reminds me of Totie Fields sitting at the end of that table, looking like a barrel.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
Corrected to reflect GHScorpiosRule note that BW didn't hire NutMeg.
  • Love 14

Only Whoopi would worry about pooping and being attacked at a WH party. 

About the anger convo, Sunny talking about how you can't negotiate when angry (or whatever she said). This from the woman who literally threw her bf's phone under the bus when she was angry at him. 

I did love the behind the scenes at RCMH. It was our family tradition too, along with seeing Santa at Macy's. (As a matter of fact my current FB profile pic is a thoroughly unimpressed 3.5yo Haleth on Santa's knee.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan does not have debates.  She has arguments.

The only reason she won't go there today is because she wants to behave in front of her brother who is in the audience.  She's not fooling me. 

• Love 18
14 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan does not have debates.  She has arguments.

Not even that. She throws hissy fits and tantrums.

12 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

A couple of days ago the discussion turned to how people associated with Trump run the risk of losing the public's respect.  Then I thought about the View.  Despite her quirks, I always respected Barbara Walters as a ground-breaking journalist.  The View factored into that perception.  Then she hired Sherri.  And Elizabeth.  And now NutMeg.  I really can't "see" BW the same way now.  Those hires say things about her judgment that I'd rather ignore, but can't.

On another note, if NutMeg gets any bigger, she's going to explode.  (I can say that as a hefty guy myself).  She reminds me of Totie Fields sitting at the end of that table, looking like a barrel.

Barbara Walters had nothing to do with the hiring of Meghan. She'd already left the show two or three years prior to that.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

of course she doesn't age. plastic surgery and personally wardrobe buyers and dresser, hair and make up people.. makes the rest of feel bad because we can't afford it or won't do it. don't fall for it. 

her mouth barely moved, her eyes look different.  i agree. she screwed her face.

Totally agree! My favorite is when a celebrity will complimented on how ageless they are (every female celebrity is told this all the time) and they respond “oh it’s just good genes and a a healthy lifestyle” (looking at you Christie Brinkley)

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

The only reason she won't go there today is because she wants to behave in front of her brother who is in the audience.  She's not fooling me. 

Why did she have to announce something about "Republican"  when referring to her brother?   It's so weird to me that Meghan sees everyone in terms of whether they are republican or democrat -  basically, her way of sorting people into "good guys"  and "bad guys".   

Meghan says "Orrin Hatch has a great twitter account - it's hilarious!"  

No. Meghan, it's not hilarious.   It's just a typical politician's twitter, posting all kinds of self-praise.   Maybe she found one of the spoof accounts?  There are a couple of spoof Meghan McCain accounts, (hilarious)  she should know the difference. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Caseysgirl said:

Bronze dog - I was totally shocked to see Whoopi chewing and talking with her mouth full while conducting an interview!  Does this happen a lot?  It’s disgusting.

Whoopi has said numerous times she doesn't eat.  That was determined to be a lie.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

of course she doesn't age. plastic surgery and personally wardrobe buyers and dresser, hair and make up people.. makes the rest of feel bad because we can't afford it or won't do it. don't fall for it.

I can't say this for a lot of women in the industry but I genuinely don't believe that Jennifer has had work done. Her features have not changed throughout the years, whether we're talking about her face (eyes, lips, nose, chin) or body (breasts, butt). I just think she's someone who has aged very well but also someone who is very regimented in taking care of herself. Her one sign of age is that she does have wrinkles around her eyes that can be noticed when she smiles (but only in candid pictures of her up close) but it makes you realize how beautiful she is regardless that it seems so unnecessary when other female celebrities get work done to try and eliminate every wrinkle from their face. Jennifer has been an athlete and dancer all her life so she's always been fit. She doesn't drink at all, she is very serious about getting her beauty rest and she's religious in taking care of her skin. Of course perceptions vary with individuals...what I see someone else may not but given the industry she's in, Jennifer to me is like a unicorn among Hollywood women.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, JayD83 said:

Holy crosstalking Batman! Today's show is a mess. 

Oh my God, yes. I ff through hot topics it was too much. 

I can't wait to The RBG movie. 

Whoopi chewing as she introduced Felicity Jones and Armie Hammer 😡 you are on air for 1 hour 🙄.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Totally agree! My favorite is when a celebrity will complimented on how ageless they are (every female celebrity is told this all the time) and they respond “oh it’s just good genes and a a healthy lifestyle” (looking at you Christie Brinkley)

I hate the companies that give these these frozen beauties contracts to hawk their skin care lines (giving the side eye to Neutrogena and Nicole Kidman 😒)

• Love 14
58 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Only Whoopi would worry about pooping and being attacked at a WH party. 

About the anger convo, Sunny talking about how you can't negotiate when angry (or whatever she said). This from the woman who literally threw her bf's phone under the bus when she was angry at him. 

I did love the behind the scenes at RCMH. It was our family tradition too, along with seeing Santa at Macy's. (As a matter of fact my current FB profile pic is a thoroughly unimpressed 3.5yo Haleth on Santa's knee.)

In fairness to Sunny, those two things aren't necessarily related. She can be angry and act a fool and then allow calmer heads to prevail before she reconvenes and actually works something out with someone. It is a generally good principle that negotiations can't happen when anger is the primary emotion that is fueling communication. Maybe in personal relationships anger can lead to intimidation which can then lead to one side conceding to the other without any true attempt at negotiation but in a professional setting, I think anger often weakens your position because it exposes emotion which makes you vulnerable. Intimidation is less of a factor in a professional negotiation because every person in that room answers to someone with more power over them than any other person that's in the negotiating room.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Barbara Walters had nothing to do with the hiring of Meghan. She'd already left the show two or three years prior to that.

Acknowledged.  Still can't give BW a pass though.  If she looks at this daily shit storm and is still ok with it....I don't know.  And even if BW isn't what she once was, mental faculty-wise, you'd like to think someone close to her might comment on what those hires (whether she had anything to do with them or not) are doing to her legacy.  Good, bad, or indifferent BW will always be associated with the View.

45 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Bronze dog - I was totally shocked to see Whoopi chewing and talking with her mouth full while conducting an interview!  Does this happen a lot?  It’s disgusting.

By her own admission, Whoopi's a bit of a pig.  We've all heard her wonderful anecdotes about flatulence.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, msrachelj said:
On 12/12/2018 at 9:38 AM, Apprentice79 said:

J-lo is gorgeous and does not age at all.  I love her elegance and her clothing are always on point.. Plus, she was a fly girl from in living color.

I agree with the sentiment...but I've never felt bad about any of this stuff.  Something's definitely wrong with me.  Also, even though she has a lot of "help," she also puts a lot of physical work into herself too--something I'm too lazy to do.  Didn't need anything special for decades; now I doubt if anything would help.

I thought JLo's white outfit was beautiful (too bad Sunny also wore white), but was that TRAIN really necessary?

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Whoopi chewing as she introduced Felicity Jones and Armie Hammer 😡 you are on air for 1 hour 🙄.

She truly doesn't care.  Wait!  Let's call it what it is: she truly doesn't give a shit.  Nothing will ever happen to her.  ABC loves her Disney (above all others) loves her.  All the stars suck up.  Everyone overlooks her crass appearance, odor?, demeanor, manners, and attitude.  That woman is LUCKY!

1 hour ago, fatewemake said:

Meghan does NOT enjoy her "healthy debates" with Joy or anyone else,  Her gestures, posture and sarcastic comments show that she hates every minute of it and can't stand being there.

Lest we forget the things she CAN'T control...her hot-pink ears and blotchy chest area (when we see her chest).  It's enjoyable to me when Judge Judy calls out someone's reddening; she accuses them of lying (which isn't always the case).

• Love 14
1 hour ago, OnTime said:
3 hours ago, JayD83 said:

Holy crosstalking Batman! Today's show is a mess. 

They were too busy talking over each other.

They didn't even know what they were saying!

20 minutes ago, deirdra said:
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

She was slurring her words while chewing her cud - DISGUSTING!

Man.  I'm out for the foreseeable future.  As much as I like Joy and Sunny, this show is a crap-fest consumed by a shit storm.  Most of us who have to work for a living also have a sense of professional pride.  If the panelists and TPTB went back and looked at the last week or so of shows, they should all be embarrassed - even those not guilty of bad behavior.

I'll miss you guys, but I just can't with this show anymore.  Will just fill the 11:00 am to noon slot with holiday movies for the rest of the year and see what else is out there come January. 

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, msrachelj said:

her mouth barely moved, her eyes look different.  i agree. she screwed her face.

Jennifer may have had help, but, it is subtle. She does not look like a mannequin. She had laugh lines and her forehead crinkled. As for Leah, no further comment is needed.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, OpalNightstream said:

My favorite is when a celebrity will complimented on how ageless they are (every female celebrity is told this all the time) and they respond “oh it’s just good genes and a a healthy lifestyle”

We can always count on Jane Fonda to mention her nips, tucks, and replacement parts.  Even hairpieces and wigs.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

oh yeah, can't stand christie always happy chirpy rich as f*** brinkley. 

3 hours ago, Stacee said:

I hate the companies that give these these frozen beauties contracts to hawk their skin care lines (giving the side eye to Neutrogena and Nicole Kidman 😒)

agree totally. what a crock of ****! all of us with a brain know that it ain't the cosmetics or creams, it's dr. whoever! nicole is scary also. frozen face.

3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I can't say this for a lot of women in the industry but I genuinely don't believe that Jennifer has had work done. Her features have not changed throughout the years, whether we're talking about her face (eyes, lips, nose, chin) or body (breasts, butt). I just think she's someone who has aged very well but also someone who is very regimented in taking care of herself. Her one sign of age is that she does have wrinkles around her eyes that can be noticed when she smiles (but only in candid pictures of her up close) but it makes you realize how beautiful she is regardless that it seems so unnecessary when other female celebrities get work done to try and eliminate every wrinkle from their face. Jennifer has been an athlete and dancer all her life so she's always been fit. She doesn't drink at all, she is very serious about getting her beauty rest and she's religious in taking care of her skin. Of course perceptions vary with individuals...what I see someone else may not but given the industry she's in, Jennifer to me is like a unicorn among Hollywood women.

of course she has. she's over 50 isn't she? her neck would be showing signs. even slight facial sagging, etc. a lot of these women do preventative plastic surgery. i think halle berry was noted for this many years ago.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Agree with this, I don’t think she’s had anything “done,” and if she has, it’s incredibly subtle. Her appearance hasn’t changed a whole lot over the years, and if you see candid or HD photos of her, you can see some fine lines here and there. She’s always been very open about her rigorous  albeit expensive beauty regimen (I remember years ago she said she used some $400 face cream all over her body 😳) and fitness routine, doesn’t drink or smoke, etc. I wish more people in that industry would realize that it is possible to grow old gracefully and you don’t have to look like a wax doll to be beautiful. I’m looking at you, Leah. Love you forever, but she destroyed her natural beauty with all that extraness.

3 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Acknowledged.  Still can't give BW a pass though.  If she looks at this daily shit storm and is still ok with it....I don't know.  And even if BW isn't what she once was, mental faculty-wise, you'd like to think someone close to her might comment on what those hires (whether she had anything to do with them or not) are doing to her legacy.  Good, bad, or indifferent BW will always be associated with the View.

I’ve been curious about BW for a while now, especially with the direction the show has gone in the past few years. She’s in her late 80s/90s right? I wonder if she’s dipped out Estelle Getty style aka battling some sort of health issue in private and staying out of the public eye. She has created quite a legacy and yes, the View is a big part of that. It’s the longest running talk show on TV at the moment. Someone who values her legacy should step into the role of not letting this nonsense sully it in any way.

• Love 11

When BaWa was on the show, a few of us thought she was "losing it" to some degree.  I haven't seen pictures of her in public for a few years & the last picture of her was rather wretched.  She's 89 now &, personally, I think she has "private keepers" to help her in her home.

• Love 22
24 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

No, Meet the Press is the longest running talk show...but that's okay. I just hope Barbara Wha Wha is okay. I love her. 

Ah okay, I thought I was leaving something out, thanks for the correction. And agreed, she is definitely iconic in the media business, and is hopefully living out her golden years peacefully.

• Love 6

Reports everywhere are that trump cancelled the white house Christmas party for the  press. 

Only on The View did they say it is still going to happen, but only certain people are invited.  I'm thinking they might be wrong. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

That's why I admire Dolly Parton. "If I see something dragging, sagging, or bagging, I get nipped, tucked, or sucked."   

-And the segment where Whoopi had her family holiday in the city. Loved how the granddaughter was confident enough to say that she didn't want the circles on her cheeks and the Rockette respected her autonomy. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Reports everywhere are that trump cancelled the white house Christmas party for the  press. 

Only on The View did they say it is still going to happen, but only certain people are invited.  I'm thinking they might be wrong. 

You mean McCain might've told some lies to prop up Trump again? I'm shocked. She's a disgrace.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

The official press party is not happening.   BUT there will be a few private parties.  . I.e., Faux News folks.  Abby mentioned that she was invited by someone else who was invited.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, msrachelj said:

oh yeah, can't stand christie always happy chirpy rich as f*** brinkley. 

agree totally. what a crock of ****! all of us with a brain know that it ain't the cosmetics or creams, it's dr. whoever! nicole is scary also. frozen face.

of course she has. she's over 50 isn't she? her neck would be showing signs. even slight facial sagging, etc. a lot of these women do preventative plastic surgery. i think halle berry was noted for this many years ago.

She's 49. My mom is 53 and has none of the signs of aging that you've mentioned and I can assure you she's had no work done. People who don't know my mom guess her to be a decade younger than her actual age. My grandma is in her mid 70s and gets mistaken for her late 50s. I'm in my early 30s and get mistaken for a university student all of the time. There's never a time that I don't get ID'd when I go out where there's drinking or gambling involved. Maybe it's a genetic thing but I can assure you it's very much possible. And to clarify, I'm not saying it's a fact that Jennifer has had no work done, I'm just saying that it's entirely possible that she hasn't because she doesn't show the typical unavoidable signs of someone who has had work done.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Aileen said:

I really liked Megan today. I feel incredibly dirty now.

When Meghan forgets that she's in perceived enemy territory, when she forgets she is the one person responsible for defending the hearts and minds of every "middle of the country" Republican, when she feels like she's loved (ie, her brother in the audience), she can be fun to watch. The photos of her on her Instagram account are so different from her View persona. I wish we could see relaxed, off-her-self-imposed-soapbox Meghan more often.

• Love 10