Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/10/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Dec. 10 
The Political View with Michael Bloomberg (“Paris to Pittsburgh”); Aaron Sorkin (“To Kill a Mockingbird”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Dec. 11 
Ken Jeong (“The Masked Singer”)

Wednesday, Dec. 12 
Jennifer Lopez and Leah Remini (“Second Act”)

Thursday, Dec. 13
 Felicity Jones and Armie Hammer (“On the Basis of Sex”)

Friday, Dec. 14
 Leslie Mann (“Welcome to Marwen”); Darlene Love returns for her fourth annual performance of “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)”; the co-hosts’ Favorite Things

(After this week the next live show will be on Wednesday January 2nd, 2019)

• Love 5

I love that The View has continued the tradition of having Darlene Love on at Christmas time. I love those shows.

This will be two weeks and a half weeks off... I need it!

I bet they show the rerun from last Thursday that was preempted in half the country.

I also wonder if Abby will make a pregnancy announcement when they return.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Sunny: Only 27 percent of the country are Republicans, why do they get to dictate [?] how the rest of the country thinks?

Meghan: Because we vote better *smirks*

Ugh. Shut up Meghan.

I really wish somebody would've pointed out the major difference at the table. A civil violation is very different from a criminal violation, as is the case with Trump. The Department of Justice determined that there was criminal intent in Cohen's case. Pres. Obama's fine was proportionate to how much his campaign raised (first billion dollar presidential campaign in history), so the amount the campaign was fined is irrelevant, really.

Yeah, I'm tired of her "what about Obama" going unchallenged every day but that would require research. 

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

My God I can't stand that every politician has to tell MM her father was amazing.  It irked me more with Bloomberg because they both claim to be so close. That little ass kissing could've been done off camera.   

Shut up Abby, Ocasio-Cortez is not running for President.  She won her district because that works in her district. 

Abby has been really annoying today with her slick questioning about the "far left wing" of the Democratic party and other comments.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The ladies let her get away with her bull and it irritates me when she is allowed to do her false equivalencies unchallenged. I also wish that somebody would ask her where did she get her sources to quote her dubious polls.   

The right's hatred of Ocasio-Cortez is starting to become creepy in my opinion.  She scares the hell out of them, a woman of color who pushes back on their crap.  She knows how to bring the shade, she has had her share of gaffes, but, she is doing great so far..

Abby like her friend Megan spouts talking points to vilify the left. It is funny how they will denounce far left wing groups, but, never far right wing groups. 

It is so creepy. It scares me a little for her. She is their new Hillary.  The problem is Hillary has better security than Ocasio-Cortez . But yeah keep feeding that fire Abby and Meghan. 

Was it Elizabeth that hated Aron Sorkin? I remember her ranting against a writer/producer?  I thought it was Sorkin,  and that gives me the giggles having him on. 

🖐🏼🖐🏼🖐🏼😉 Elizabeth 

• Love 15
On 12/8/2018 at 12:36 PM, Jaded said:

Monday, Dec. 10 
The Political View with Michael Bloomberg (“Paris to Pittsburgh”); Aaron Sorkin (“To Kill a Mockingbird”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Dec. 11 
Ken Jeong (“The Masked Singer”)

Wednesday, Dec. 12 
Jennifer Lopez and Leah Remini (“Second Act”)

Thursday, Dec. 13
 Felicity Jones and Armie Hammer (“On the Basis of Sex”)

Friday, Dec. 14
 Leslie Mann (“Welcome to Marwen”); Darlene Love returns for her fourth annual performance of “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)”; the co-hosts’ Favorite Things

(After this week the next live show will be on Wednesday January 2nd, 2019)

Also. Friday isn’t live. They’re taping two shows on Thursday. I know this from stalking the ticket page for a month. Lol 

ETA. Two different audiences too. 

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

NutMeg is all rah rah free speech and evolving.....except for Joy Reid. 

Oh how I hope someone brings that up the next time she reads Joy's name from the blue card....

If I heard her correctly NutMeg  said something along the lines of comedians and pundits are known for pushing boundaries and should have some leeway in the things they say.    Ummm..... comedians and pundits are 2 totally different things.  Have different purposes and different expectations.   And again using her logic.....Joy Reid is cool right?

• Love 23

Not a fan of Sorkin. With a few exceptions, not a fan of movie remakes either. Leave To Kill A Mockingbird alone. Write your own play, create your own characters, give them history and situations and motivations and reactions. Tell your story, your way. Fuck the theatuh and its adaptations. Eh-hew! Leave To Kill A Mockingbird alone. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

They need to stop over booking guests. One is fine, especially if there's going to be a View Your Deal segment.

No joke. Between all the commercials, View Your Deal, and now "sponsored" segments (like the ancestry one) there is barely time for Hot Topics and one guest segment, much less two. 

• Love 16
24 minutes ago, suomi said:

Leave To Kill A Mockingbird alone. Write your own play, create your own characters, give them history and situations and motivations and reactions. Tell your story, your way. Fuck the theatuh and its adaptations. Eh-hew! Leave To Kill A Mockingbird alone. 

A Million-gazillion-trizillion TIMES THIS!!!!! GREGORY PECK IS THE ONLY ATTICUS FINCH!!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Love 24
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The ladies let her get away with her bull and it irritates me when she is allowed to do her false equivalencies unchallenged. I also wish that somebody would ask her where did she get her sources to quote her dubious polls.   

The right's hatred of Ocasio-Cortez is starting to become creepy in my opinion.  She scares the hell out of them, a woman of color who pushes back on their crap.  She knows how to bring the shade, she has had her share of gaffes, but, she is doing great so far..

Abby like her friend Megan spouts talking points to vilify the left. It is funny how they will denounce far left wing groups, but, never far right wing groups. 

All the panelists have their role. Sunny, Joy and whoopi denounce the far right groups while ignoring the indiscretions of the far left. Abby and Meghan do the exact opposite. None is better than the other.

• Love 2

I also don’t understand wh MMs comments go u checked by anyone.  Does they not say anything in their pre meeting about what they will bring up  on the show?  Does she take them by surprise and they don’t have the facts to respond?  Earlier comment was correct that essentially all campaigns end up with some campaign violations, including other republicans and democrats but they are usually minor things that happen when you’re talking millions of dollars and donors.  Obama’s violations were civil and most were technical things and were in historical,proportion to the amount he raised.  They were NOT criminal violations and someone on that show needs to make sure lies and inaccurate info isn’t going out.  Also I’ll say that MM rarely “tells” us anything about trump supporters that I haven’t  already read somewhere.  She forgets that most progressives actually read news and articles that provide us with info on both sides.  

• Love 24
23 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

What?? She mentioned Stephen Colbert making a homophobic joke...that bitch when did he make that kind of joke?  I missed her saying that. I hate that she throws things out there,  jut like the rest of you said its maddening.  Just like Abby saying Mueller has nothing, um hasn't there been countless indictments. 

*** sorry about my over reaction about Stephen Colbert,  he's my TV boyfriend,  I'm very protective 😂😂😂

This makes me want to Tweet Sunny AND Joy's asses to ask them why they don't FACT check this twat. Have they been ordered to accept everything SHE says as FACT?! 

ETA: I can see the headlines now: "Stephen Colbert made homophobic jokes. Will he Resign?"

The stupid, ignorant, hateful SHEBEAST.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 19
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This makes me want to Tweet Sunny AND Joy's asses to ask them why they don't FACT check this twat. Have they been ordered to accept everything SHE says as FACT?! 

I wondered that too. Last week, of the shows we saw they all seemed to be walking softly around MM.  I wish you would tweet them. I'm thinking Sunny would be your best bet. 

Maybe I could message Joy's dog Bernie on Instagram.  I do follow him😁 he can pass on a message to Joy.

I just tweeted sunny. I didn't include my Stephen Colbert  because I didn't actually hear it, but I asked if they could better fact check  A and M.  Include the Mueller and  Meghan comparing Trump vs Obama regarding campaign finance issues.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 19
52 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

She kept saying we've been waiting for two years to see what Mueller's got with this whole Russia investigation, as if a shit ton of people connected to Trump haven't already been indicted or plead guilty to multiple crimes, lmao. Denial isn't a river in Egypt! 

Buckle your seat belt, Abs.  It’ll be coming soon. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

wooooo!  She got one right!  'fish or cut bait'! 

OOHHHhhhhhh!   I thought she said, "Finch or cut bait," in honor of...you know................

1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

*** sorry about my over reaction about Stephen Colbert,  he's my TV boyfriend,  I'm very protective 😂😂😂

Prepare to be my latest almost-daughter-in-law.  He's my TV son (one of very few).

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She kept saying we've been waiting for two years to see what Mueller's got with this whole Russia investigation,

Bless her heart.  Sweet Miss AH-bee is accustomed to all the inside information she can glean-and-spill via her father (did you know he's our Ambassador to Russia?) and her bestie...sitting at the undesirable end of the table.  Nope!  No leaks, girls.  The job is handled by professionals.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Jewlmc said:

And can someone please explain to me why she goes to such stupid lengths to defend the man who shat all over her father?

WHO THE HELL KNOWS?

Obama worked with her father on projects and had a lot of respect for her father but it is Obama who ruined everything.  I had to laugh when she literally went all the way back to someone in the 1700 or 1800.  Loved when Joy said she used to date the person whose name escapes me.

• Love 22
21 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Obama worked with her father on projects and had a lot of respect for her father but it is Obama who ruined everything.  I had to laugh when she literally went all the way back to someone in the 1700 or 1800.  Loved when Joy said she used to date the person whose name escapes me.

It was President Andrew Johnson.  Came up during a topic about impeachment.   

• Love 8