Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/10/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Coffee: I concur about Mr. Colbert...if I had ovaries and wasn't a million years old I would gladly bare his children, or anything that he wanted.  His wish would be my command. I adore him. I would do his laundry. 

Edited by atlantaloves
spelling
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

My God I can't stand that every politician has to tell MM her father was amazing.  It irked me more with Bloomberg because they both claim to be so close. That little ass kissing could've been done off camera.  

This is my biggest pet peeve on the show. I don't want to hear it, but as long as Meghan is there we're stuck with the ever praising of her father.

• Love 17

I am so distracted by Megan's mascara spiders dusting her cheeks as she reads her husband's blue card bullet points.  And her defense to Sunny's point about 27% of the Republicans mattering more because "we vote better"  blah blah blah "electoral college" had me seeing red.  Like the bright red of the shiny applique on her baked potato foil skirt.

Megan is the f'ing worst.  Take 2019 and write the book about your dad.  You seemed like a much nicer person when you were an "author."

• Love 24
1 hour ago, CheezyXpressed said:

This is my biggest pet peeve on the show. I don't want to hear it, but as long as Meghan is there we're stuck with the ever praising of her father.

I think he was trying to keep her from going off. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, cathaireverywhere said:

I am so distracted by Megan's mascara spiders dusting her cheeks as she reads her husband's blue card bullet points.  And her defense to Sunny's point about 27% of the Republicans mattering more because "we vote better"  blah blah blah "electoral college" had me seeing red.  Like the bright red of the shiny applique on her baked potato foil skirt.

Megan is the f'ing worst.  Take 2019 and write the book about your dad.  You seemed like a much nicer person when you were an "author."

You are so bad that you made me laugh. Mascara spiders,  husband's bullet points. I was thinking it was a good day, without whoopi and joy moderating.

• Love 5

I thought Nutmeg would be more melancholic today. She posted a 2 posts on her Instagram this weekend - about her dad ... again... this time she was going on and on about how she misses her best friend, and talking to him 7 times a day, drinking coffee together every morning, telling me to not let the bastards grind you down, knew I had to move on because you demanded that I do... stay with me, stay with me stay with me...the pain is sharp in waves. 

I also lost my dad about 2 years ago.. and we’ve all experienced loss in different ways and in our own times..... but the letters make me feel like she’s going to have full on air nervous breakdown anytime now. When I saw her in person flipping out on everyone... she’s was raging. She was throwing eye daggers at everyone in the studio in between her tears. 

The first letter sounds like she’s in a lot of pain compared to the second one I posted below. It was just too much. And like JEWLMC mentioned earlier, how can she continually defend Trump when he shat all over her dad that she loves so much? I wonder and I don’t recall but when her dad was still alive... was she still defending Trump? 

Or it’s because She was only hired because she defends him? 

PS- Colbert is my tv boyfriend too! I’m trying to score tickets to see him as well. 

ADBC4EFC-4C07-4C53-BEE5-B4E430B32483.jpeg

Edited by WonderWuman73
  • Love 11

I have a Facebook friend whose son was murdered in 2017. He was 15. I'd say a good 95% of her FB posts since have been mourning him, and begging him to come back for just a day. I feel like I'm helping her work through it just by being a witness to her pain.

I feel for Meghan; and I hope to hell she's getting counseling. Good intense counseling.

I am empathic to her in her grief, but I see the repercussions every day on TV and it's unpleasant to see her so emotional, so angry, so humorless. I really think she needs to pull it together for one hour a day on the air, or take a leave of absence until she's able to.

Watching The View these days is like waiting for a ticking bomb to go off.

• Love 24
4 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

ADBC4EFC-4C07-4C53-BEE5-B4E430B32483.jpeg

I know it sounds mean to say her grief is over the top but it is over the top.  Or maybe I should say her openly displaying her grief is over the top.

2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Watching The View these days is like waiting for a ticking bomb to go off.

I only saw her on Bill Maher that one time before she became a cohost on the View.  And she was not the bitter angry shrew she is now. She was a giggling girl in way over her head trying to play with the big boys discussing politics.  We have only seen her on a daily basis since her father was diagnosed and passed away.  I don't know if that is what caused her to be the nasty selfish person she is now but if it is then she will not change till she deals with that life altering event.  I personally think she is depressed and instead of acknowledging that she is turning it into anger.  And taking it out on everyone.  Her cohosts and us the audience.

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I know it sounds mean to say her grief is over the top but it is over the top.  Or maybe I should say her openly displaying her grief is over the top.

I think posting this shit for the world to consume is a convenient way she can continue to publicly solicit sympathy. That way, whatever awful things she does and says can be chalked up to "grief" and her "bravery" in the face of it. A smart, and yet gross, PR move on her behalf.

And that's not to say she isn't grieving, but that can also be done in private—and not as a way to "curate your personal brand." 

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

I get that grieving for a loved one is extremely difficult. Been there.  

I also get that being exceptionally rude, angry and bitter toward your workmates  is exceptionally just wrong------incredibly unprofessional, and just ridiculous when done in public.

Mostly though,  I question MM's genuineness about her above behavior, (both grief and anger), when it's directed at kind and respectful colleagues v. a man that disrespected her father so egregiously in public. And MM continues to support him in public.

Misplaced anger?  Or selling your soul? 

ABC is enabling her to do so, as well. 

It's too bad Meghan isn't self aware. This job is not for her. Especially dealing with her grief.  My sister's 14 son committed suicide a couple years ago and her grief was/is  tremendous.  6 months after his death she left her job, she had to be up cheerful dealing with public  everyday. She called me and said she just couldn't do it anymore.  My sister is a naturally upbeat,  friendly person ( I dont think MM is ).  Meghan should get off TV and mourn her father. Go back to Arizona spend time with her mother and do it all off my TV.

Seriously I understand her pain but i dont want to see her act like an asshole ever day and say oh, she's still grieving.  Some can grieve without being an asshole, some can't,  i just think it  comes easy for Meghan. 

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meggie says clapping about his departure makes her uncomfortable because of his military service.

Jeffrey Dahmer was in the military, too. So, by default, she'd have to support him using this sort of "logic" as well.

1 minute ago, May Jacks said:

Hey NutMeg, Sunny was wondering why you were bringing up Obama when talking about trump’s turnover rate just like the rest of us since you suffer from whataboutism. 

"But Obama, but Obama, but Obama..." pretty sure she mentioned the Clinton Foundation, too. 

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Jeffrey Dahmer was in the military, too. So, by default, she'd have to support him using this sort of "logic" as well.

I wonder how she feels about Chelsea Manning as well. She served, but I'm sure Meghan would call her a traitor regardless.

Edit: I should add that I don't think Chelsea is a traitor and did a great thing with the whole whistleblowing thing. But many hate her for it.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 15

MM is either leering and screaming at her cohosts and audience, or seemingly hopped up on caffeine, screaming at a guest how much she loves them and giggling like a school girl (no offense to school girls).  

It's exhausting. 

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Abby is as dull as watching a clogged sink of dishwater.

Still better than Meghan. 

The interview with Kim Jeong really highlighted another aspect between the two.

Meghan, me me me I'm your biggest fan do this line for me and more me stuff.

Abby, my sister watched the movie and felt this way how does it make you feel that you touched people like this.

Meghan me me me. Abby, using her family to add to the topic while still making the question about the guest.

• Love 21
28 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

I'm actually sitting here asking myself why am I still watching this?  I was happy yesterday not watching when Atlanta was pre-empted.  MM is really a miserable human being. 

I missed some mornings last week due to work and now I find myself not even tuning in when I am here to watch.  I just come here instead to read about the drama instead of suffering through watching it.  My mornings have become much more enjoyable. 

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I'm glad that Joy (or Sunny?) pointed out that you can respect John Kelly's service and feel sympathy for his loss while also resenting his treatment of Frederica Wilson and the whitewashing of the Civil War. Those are not mutually exclusive positions.

Yes, it was Joy who said both things can be true. How does Meghan not understand simple concepts like this? It's like explaining things to a child. Ugh. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 21
30 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I wouldn't mind Whoopi hosting the Oscars actually, although she's not as big of a celebrity as she once was. She hosted the Tony's some years back and did a great job.

I did think it was funny that Whoopi let it be known that she is available :)  But I thought she did a good job of hosting several years ago...I remember her coming out dressed at Queen Elizabeth I

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I missed some of the beginning, why was Meghan uncomfortable?

Sunny pointed out that John Kelly lied about Frederica Wilson & wouldn't apologize.  (Lawrence O'Donnell was furious & did almost a full show about it.)  Miss Meggie interrupted Sunny to say that Kelly had lost a son, was a Gold Star, blah, blah, as if it negated what he did so "fecklessly"!!!  See link for details.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/oct/20/john-kelly/fact-checking-john-kelly-frederica-wilsons-2015-sp/

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I missed some mornings last week due to work and now I find myself not even tuning in when I am here to watch.  I just come here instead to read about the drama instead of suffering through watching it.  My mornings have become much more enjoyable. 

I frequently read the comments here while the show is airing, but have zero interest in watching it. 

• Love 8

I read this morning ABC is hiring a "talent coach" for Abby because the audience can's relate to her & vice-versa. Apparently all the disgust we have for Meghan is ignored and someone says Abby is dull & she gets a coach so she won't get fired????? I would take 10 Abbys' and throw in an Elisabeth to get rid of Meghan.

• Love 19
24 minutes ago, 1SimonMom said:

E- Entitled, Exasperating, Exaggerated Self Importance - I think those adjectives need nothing further unlike Meghan who thinks she is the only intelligent person I know all of you are

You forgot exhausted. 

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, 1SimonMom said:

It is already 7 minutes in and Elsa is already bringing up her dad and it seemed liked she was going to get into it with Joy.  She also brought up about Service well if Service is such a big deal I have not seen you perform Service for our country - have you worked for the government, did you serve in the Military. Go Joy as I hearing her tell Elsa, guess what Princess not everyone was born with a silver spoon.

M - Me, me, me, my, my my - Guess what people do not like your self centered ways, people can not stand your my this my that and we are tired of hearing you talk my dad this my dad - the only reason you have this job is because of your dad

E - Entitled, Exasperating, Exaggerated Self Importance - I think those adjectives need nothing further unlike Meghan who thinks she is the only intelligent person I know all of you are

G - Go Away, Go and Qit, Go and Gt a brain, Go and Get a job that is not based on your last name

H - Hatred, Honesty - Hatred yes it is a bad word and yes we should not hate people but just like you Meghan who hates anything that is not Republican and not her opinion or her husband and hates anything that she does want to talk about.  Honesty - admit it you are the most miserable unintelligent person ever to sit at the table and admit it you are only staying at this job because you know you could not get a job elsewhere with your daddys name, or your hatred ways

A - ABC because she must have info on some people, ABC because we need her gone and ABC why did you hire the worst person on the 

N - Now and New Year Goals and Hopes and Never - now quit being the most unintelligent person to sit a table that  only can talk if it is on blue cards or what your husband told to you, now get a clue about what people really think of you, now get some empathy, New Year- ABC please quit shoving her down on our throats and please listen to what we are saying on forums, twitter, and ABC feedback, New Year- Meghan decide you want to do what is best for this country and quit spreading yourself and Never do I want to see you again and Never do I want to see you act like you run the show, Never do I want to see any guest cow cow to you about your dad, Never do I want to hear you remind us about your dad, I think you want some people to give you a pass because you dad but you were the most miserable evil person to sit at the table  before your dad got sick, died and guess what we all have dad.

Meghan - Go Away NOW

1. Brava! I always appreciate View-related hatred elevated to art.

If this were Chopped, you'd have just won this challenge: 

In the entree mystery basket, we have a moderator who's not up to the task; milquetoast; a liberal comedian who's constantly the target of the alt-right and right-wing media; a former federal prosector; and a cantankerous binge drinker, with a chip on her shoulder and narcissism disorder the size of the fleet her grandfather commanded. Ready? Go. 

• Love 16