Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/10/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I know it sounds mean to say her grief is over the top but it is over the top.  Or maybe I should say her openly displaying her grief is over the top.

Exactly. I get that Meghan's grief is real but she seems to thrive on displaying it over the top.

Keep it private.

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Exactly. I get that Meghan's grief is real but she seems to thrive on displaying it over the top.

Keep it private.

Totally agree - her grief shouldn't be inflicted on the rest of us.  I understand grief, having gone through miserable times, but, other than for a few close friends/family and a therapist, no one else knew.

• Love 23
42 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I laughed when Sunny responded to Abby's hysterical interruption about how Sunny could possibly think Kelly's reputation has been tarnished with, "If you'd let me finish speaking, maybe you'd understand why" and then continued her point.

Megan will never understand or whatever the hell is said  to her. It’s like it flies over her head.  She lacks basic self awareness. She’s as rigid as they come. Everything is either black or white. There’s no middle area. Hopefully she won’t have children. 

• Love 23
23 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Totally agree - her grief shouldn't be inflicted on the rest of us.  I understand grief, having gone through miserable times, but, other than for a few close friends/family and a therapist, no one else knew.

Meghan should buy a parrot that could just repeat "I'm grieving" whenever she needs comfort.  The problem is that the parrot would find one of her many guns and shoot itself.

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Somebody needs to keep Meghan away from the bitch pills! 

I think they're causing her mini-seizures.  Today her head seemed to jerk/shake/twitch more than usual and her eyes were rolling around in her head.   Is it possible clapping for the "wrong side" brings them on?

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 11
28 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan's post, on the previous page, says, to those experiencing grief, "I will fight along side you." perhaps that's her mistake.   Acceptance is the key, you can't "fight"  death. 

Her bizarre "I will fight along side you" with regards to people experiencing grief just further proves the point that she is one of those angry, combative types who has to always have an enemy or something to fight against.  What a strange expression to use with regards to grief.  It's just more of her "ride-or-die," Bonnie & Clyde, "us vs. them" nonsense.  And further explains her psyche.  Her angry, combative, defensive, bitter psyche.  She is a sad person. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 24
3 hours ago, nancykay said:

I read this morning ABC is hiring a "talent coach" for Abby because the audience can's relate to her & vice-versa.

Didn't they know that before she was hired?  It was obvious from Day One (okay, maybe Day Two).  She claims to have worked on various network/cable shows; why did she leave?  Maybe all one needs currently to get an on-air job on "The View" is a recommendation from The Resident Princess.

6 hours ago, Tosia said:

I get that grieving for a loved one is extremely difficult. Been there.  

I also get that being exceptionally rude, angry and bitter toward your workmates  is exceptionally just wrong------incredibly unprofessional, and just ridiculous when done in public.

If she had never been any of those things (bolded) before her father was ill, we might agree that it's all because of grief, but she was all of these and more.

Edited by HaaCHOO
removed an unnecessary preposition at the end of a sentence.
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Her bizarre "I will fight along side you" with regards to people experiencing grief just further proves the point that she is one of those angry, combative types who has to always have an enemy or something to fight against.  What a strange expression to use with regards to grief.  It's just more of her "ride-or-die," Bonnie & Clyde, "us vs. them" nonsense.  And further explains her psyche.  Her angry, combative, defensive, bitter. 

Her next "fight" will be against her bathroom scale.  How dare it be so accurate!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Keep it private.

Exactly.  Many of us have lost loved ones.  We grieve and have to move on with our lives in order to support ourselves.  I am really tired of her attitude, her whataboutism, the ring kissing by anyone that once met her dad, and her whiny teenage manner of speaking.  She is condescending and rude to hosts and I guess today (?) she is rude to the audience.  Well as someone who has watched for eons, I am ready to stop and reclaim my time (!).  I also really have no use for Abby.  Drop Meghan and Abby, bring in Ana full time.  Abby is way too sensitive due to her dad working for the Orange one plus she is boring AF and Meghan needs major grief therapy (and to drop the entitled know-it-all attitude).  

• Love 23

Poor Abby.  When she's sent for coaching, maybe she can be encouraged to Get Off That Fence!   Abby argued with Joy about Chief of Staff Kelly's leaving with a"tarnished reputation," yet she continues about her "friends' " Ivanka and Jared's support of the young man (age 36) who turned down the Chief of Staff position...as she mentions "sinking ship."  Abby, this is how a reputation gets tarnished: board and stay too long on that sinking ship.  Try to refrain from stating conflicting opinions in the same breath.

P.S.  Good "moderating, Joy!   She said, "One at a time," to the screeching Meghan (being ignored by Sunny) while Moderator Whoopi either snoozed or stared at her blue cards.  Oblivious.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 24
7 minutes ago, OnTime said:
52 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

Megan will never understand or whatever the hell is said  to her. It’s like it flies over her head.

and that she doesn't listen!

...and we learn every day that SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO!   They still doll her up every day with hair, make-up, and wardrobe (tee hee)...and she trots out and insults the audience, her coworkers, and us.  Especially US !!!!

• Love 18
20 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Coffee: I concur about Mr. Colbert...if I had ovaries and wasn't a million years old I would gladly bare his children, or anything that he wanted.  His wish would be my command. I adore him. I would do his laundry. 

He is dreamy. Smart, funny, 😍😍

I really liked his beard, to bad that dang lady he calls wife hated it.😠

On topic,  I noticed on yesterday show that Abby was wearing the same Christmas sweater as Meghan wore last week. Did whoopi make them share? 😁

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 10

Watching the last segment, with the toys, I was thinking that they should have Meghan demonstrate some of those annoying, over-the-top goofy toys.  Imagine her wearing that "crown"  thing, and chomping at the food!    she did slip in a comment about how much she likes comedy.  People might have missed it, but she added, "ico-wroteabookwithacomedian" .  so she thinks f herself as someone with a sense of humor.   Maybe they should test it out.   Because I think it would have been a disaster.  Meghan - blow into this frog mask and make the tongue stick out.  NO, you can't say it's disgusting, it's a sponsored segment - do it! 

• Love 13

Wheatthins...I am in love with you, whoever or whatever you are. I need bitch pills today! Seriously folks, I am through with the View, but will check in every day to see what is going on because I love all you gals and guys!  I'm just too old for this shit. 

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Thanks, everyone, for saying what I have been thinking about Meghan's grief.  I don't want to be a cold-hearted bitch for my thoughts. 

First of all - her father had a terminal illness, and everyone knew he was dying.  When that is the case, death is something you mentally prepare for.  Not to say that you don't grieve, but that the grieving actually begins earlier, for the person who is ill and for their family.   I am certain, that in one of their many talks (didn't she say she spoke to him 7 times a day?) her dad may have given her some advice about moving forward with her life, and no spending every day, every hour, every minute, grieving.  

We all experience death.  we all know and accept that our grandparents, then our parents, will one day die.  It is inevitable.  Yes, we miss people who are gone.  But we move on, we go to work, we interact with people, and put on a front so that our grief doesn't spill over and be the only thing that people see.    I think that when someone loses a spouse or child,  the grief is all-consuming.  But when you lose an elderly parent, one who had a terminal illness,  the grief doesn't need to take over your life.  I lost my mother to a sudden injury, I dealt with it, took a week off work, and moved on.  It doesn't mean I didn't miss her, just that I still had a life, a job, a husband and sons.   My dad will likely die in the coming years (or months).  He lived a long life, had kids, grandkids, great-grandkids.    He jokes about how we're gong to be stuck cleaning out his house, we joke about how we might find something valuable he forgot about. He has his final resting place picked out and paid for.  We will all grieve, and then move on.  

Meghan's post, on the previous page, says, to those experiencing grief, "I will fight along side you." perhaps that's her mistake.   Acceptance is the key, you can't "fight"  death. 

So much this! I too did not want to express my thoughts about her grieving because I know how hard it is to lose a parent (my mother died when I was 18 years old) but I truly think Meghan thrives off of being so public about her grief and wallows off of the attention. Any time anyone waxes poetic about her father on the show you can physically see her puff up like a peacock with its tail on full display. Her entire identity is wrapped up in her father and she has tried to build her fame off of that since he was in the spotlight.

My best friend very recently lost her father after a long illness. While her and her family weren't as prepared as Meghan's family for his death, because they knew it was coming, they started the grieving process before he passed away. They started preparing for his memorial service, negotiating how his business was going to be handled after he passed, what to do with his possessions, etc. And she doesn't have close to what Meghan has in terms of money and resources, and not even close to as much time as she had with her father. When my best friend's father died, I watched her cry, plan the funeral, wrap up her affairs, and keep it moving. This is not to say she doesn't miss him or cry over him, but life has to go on, and she's not a raging bitch to everyone around her because she's grieving. And the thing is that's how you know that Meghan now is what Meghan has always been, before her dad getting sick and before he passed away. Whether she moves back to Arizona or to a ranch in Montana with her douchy husband with their guns and dogs, she needs to resign from this show and find something else to do with her time. She literally will never have to worry about money for the rest of her life, so she doesn't have to work. Maybe start a foundation in her father's name for cancer research or , or write a book, or basically NOT BE ON THIS SHOW.

Tinkerbell, lots of positive vibes to you and your family in dealing with everything with your Dad <3

• Love 20

I may just tap out with this show. I haven't watched the past couple of days and while I enjoy so much of the commentary and will keep coming back for it on here, it feels good not to be bothered by an ignorant, irresponsible, disingenuous and a downright stupid imbecile be given a platform because of her last name. I put all of my positive energy into Fox News giving MEghan her own show so then she can fuck the hell off my TV screen. Whoopi is enough for me to tolerate on The View and mostly because she's often incoherent with how she frames her thoughts but I've decided that she's my threshold, lol. So help me God if Meghan turns out to be the daytime pundit version of the fucking Kardashians....you just can't get rid of them.

• Love 19
22 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

What?? She mentioned Stephen Colbert making a homophobic joke...that bitch when did he make that kind of joke?  I missed her saying that. I hate that she throws things out there,  jut like the rest of you said its maddening.  Just like Abby saying Mueller has nothing, um hasn't there been countless indictments. 

*** sorry about my over reaction about Stephen Colbert,  he's my TV boyfriend,  I'm very protective 😂😂😂

I know the comment she's referring to by Colbert but I don't categorize it as homophobic because the comment didn't implicitly or explicitly say that being gay is a bad or offensive thing (which is what I consider to be homophobic commentary and to my knowledge, that is what homophobic actually means). The comment was vulgar, yes, but likened a sexual act to demonstrate the dominant/submissive relationship between Putin and Trump. People automatically jumped to 'homophobic' because it was a comment about two men. I would have called her out on that and tell her go pick up a dictionary.

• Love 19
23 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

What?? She mentioned Stephen Colbert making a homophobic joke...that bitch when did he make that kind of joke?  I missed her saying that. I hate that she throws things out there,  jut like the rest of you said its maddening.  

*** sorry about my over reaction about Stephen Colbert,  he's my TV boyfriend,  I'm very protective 😂😂😂

First, I LOVE Colbert, but he received some backlash over a perceived homophobic joke. He joked Trump, or his mouth are Putin’s “c*ck holder.” Need to find the reference.

ETA: I had not read @RHJunkie‘s response. So Colbert did refer to Trump’s mouth. Like she said vulgar, but not homophobic given the context.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I know the comment she's referring to by Colbert but I don't categorize it as homophobic because the comment didn't implicitly or explicitly say that being gay is a bad or offensive thing (which is what I consider to be homophobic commentary and to my knowledge, that is what homophobic actually means). The comment was vulgar, yes, but likened a sexual act to demonstrate the dominant/submissive relationship between Putin and Trump. People automatically jumped to 'homophobic' because it was a comment about two men. I would have called her out on that and tell her go pick up a dictionary.

Oh, ok, now I remember.  

😀😀😀😀

• Love 5
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

Seriously folks, I am through with the View, but will check in every day to see what is going on because I love all you gals and guys! 

I've been meaning to write this for too long, AtlantaLoves.   Whenever I get a note that YOU like one of my comments, I read that someone LOVED it...and then I read more closely and Atlanta does not "love" my comment...AtlantaLoves "likes" my comment.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Jeffrey Dahmer was in the military, too. So, by default, she'd have to support him using this sort of "logic" as well.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

"But Obama, but Obama, but Obama..." pretty sure she mentioned the Clinton Foundation, too. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan says "the Clinton Foundation got Saudi money"  OK - are we actually equating donations to a charitable foundation to accepting "Saudi money"  when running for president??   

Well if it's the twat announcing it, it MUST BE TRUE! giphy.gif

1 hour ago, 17wheatthins said:

B67489F2-1DF8-4299-8A23-0F0115D28B7E.jpeg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Love 18
25 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Out of all the celebs who have said/tweeted homophobic things of course Meghan would mention Colbert.  Because you know he isn't on her team.  Personally I didn't find what Colbert said homophobic.  But I also didn't find it funny.

I bet many guys in prisons found it funny.  Another bet: most of them are not gay, but they participate in various "friendly" activities while incarcerated.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Tosia said:

I get that grieving for a loved one is extremely difficult. Been there.  

I also get that being exceptionally rude, angry and bitter toward your workmates  is exceptionally just wrong------incredibly unprofessional, and just ridiculous when done in public.

Mostly though,  I question MM's genuineness about her above behavior, (both grief and anger), when it's directed at kind and respectful colleagues v. a man that disrespected her father so egregiously in public. And MM continues to support him in public.

Misplaced anger?  Or selling your soul? 

ABC is enabling her to do so, as well. 

I agree with you.  She had her dad until he was 81 and had a few months to say goodbye.  My mom died at 67 suddenly and my dad at 75, also suddenly.  I still miss them but even in the first few weeks of losing them I didn’t feel the need to publicly display my grief constantly.  To me it’s a private, family thing and not something to constantly splash all over your social media and at your job.  She definitely needs some kind of counseling about this.  And if she hadn’t been mean and nasty and shrieking before he died I might give her a little pass, though that time would be running out at this point too.  Sometimes the louder and more frequently you talk about something, the less you actually mean it?  Methinks the lady doth protest too much?  And today she once again interrupted and yelled over people who were talking.  She can’t let anyone finish their point yet is very upset if someone does it to her.  If she was my age, I’d say she had to interrupt before she forgot what she wanted to say (😉), but she isn’t!  She needs to go back to a political show where the idea is to constantly argue and speak loudly...this is a show where they’re supposed to have conversations from different viewpoints.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan feels that General Kelly is beyond reproach because of his military service and that he lost his son for this country. So, Sunny had no right to say that General Kelly made mistakes during his tenure at the White House. She was pretty nasty to Sunny, jeered at the audience for clapping, Sunny did not back down and held firm to her beliefs.

Meghan acted as if the audience was clapping because Kelly's son died in the military, when nobody even mentioned the military, just Kelly's blind support of Trump.

Meghan is not a Capitalist, she is a grandspawn of a capitalist who started with nothing and worked his way to the top.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 21

It's as if we're in deja vu territory all over again. Different cast, but same characters. Meghan = Bitsy; Ben D = Geddie. Meghan's given her talking points before the show and encouraged to strike out against the non patriotic libruls, especially Joy. No criticism of anything remotely related to the military allowed. see Kelly

• Love 15

Drat. I think MM has found an antidote to the tranq darts.

What i wouldn't give for a courageous staffer with one of those hooks they used to use in vaudeville to hustle an act that wasn't working offstage.

She defines insufferable, and Abby is beginning to ramp up her loud interruptions as well.

• Love 13

Seeing Ken Jeong on The View today reminded me that he always irritates me whenever I see him interviewed.

Maybe it's because he went through all the time and money to become a doctor and then just dropped it to become an actor.

Couldn't he have kept doing some charity work at a clinic once in awhile and not wasted all that expertise? 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Cyranetta said:

She defines insufferable, and Abby is beginning to ramp up her loud interruptions as well.

Ahhhh....but it appears the other panelists have at last been given permission to take on The Daughters.   Only occasionally, very occasionally (for now).

Edited by HaaCHOO
inserted "at last"
  • Love 3