Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E11: So Smart They're Dumb

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I think what's made this season awesome is very much the editing. I enjoy watching the game being played without any obvious foreshadowing. And it really helps when the cast is giving us entertaining material all over the place. Couldn't have scripted this better. I have a feeling I'll enjoy the rest of this season even if I don't like the winner, it's been that good.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Stephen Fishbach made a good point on RHAP about why this was actually a good time for Gabby to make this move. If she succeeds she will get credit for taking out Christian. If she waits until the final 5 when EVERYONE will want Christian out it is no longer her move.

Stephen what's to stop the rest from seeing she needs to go ASAP with that move. I wouldn't trust her if she can just stab her closest ally like that. Why would they keep her? Shes not no huge IC threat so you get her out ASAP

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Stephen what's to stop the rest from seeing she needs to go ASAP with that move. I wouldn't trust her if she can just stab her closest ally like that. Why would they keep her? Shes not no huge IC threat so you get her out ASAP

It would be a calculated risk for sure.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Haleth said:

At this point I think if Christian goes to the end, whoever else is there, it will be unanimous. The rest of them are right in wanting him out ASAP. 

Indeed.  But tonight really solidified the thought that nobody wants him to go that far, and he won't (I've not read spoilers, I just really think he's toast).  I mean, all the Davids save him just voted to put themselves in the minority.  That's a pretty strong feeling of how threatening they think he is.

23 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I've been on the Davie train for awhile.  I hope he can get to Final.

I like him too, but my fear is that of those "Final 4" reward winners, all of them are less likable than him (although I actually like all three to varying degrees).  So he'd really have to win immunity to get to the F3.

13 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

I wouldn't trust her if she can just stab her closest ally like that. Why would they keep her? Shes not no huge IC threat so you get her out ASAP

She was a good one to take to the end because she wouldn't win IMO.  But I wouldn't let her in on any plans unless she was absolutely necessary.

Edited by Mark2
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, susannot said:

OK, who is left? Davie, Nick, Christian (Davids). Angelina, Alison, Kara, Mike (Goliaths).  Who am I forgetting?

I swear, I thought I'd been paying attention this season, but I'm not sure who Kara is.

also wasn't expecting Mike to have a "boyfriend" but glad to see that wasn't a big ole thing.

Edited by SoMuchTV
  • Love 1

All season I've made it clear I think the sun rises and sets on Gabby but even I cannot defend her tonight other than to say someone should have frisked her mom for contraband because it looks like she slipped her some stupid pills. 

You know what...actually sign me up for anyone who is in the camp that believes she inciting incident here was the girlfriend. The shots of her back at camp after the challenge and he was talking about her totally spelled out ....Green....Eyed...Monster. I think she was totally jealous and that may have unhinged her. It's the only thing that makes sense that she would turn against her closest allie and place her trust in the EXACT people that wrote her name down as a backup plan. She was ALWAYS going to be at the bottom tier of this new alliance....oh Gabby how could you not see that unless...unless you are a woman scorned.

And to be candid...Christian would totally be trading up from Emily to Gabby. I would have loved to see the awkward picnic on the raft if they had won that challenge.

And of course, I have to get in my annual diss of the "Family Visit Episode" I really wish they would stop with it. It's so over the top...and hasn't even been a month people! Why are you acting like they just got liberated from Auschwitz! Time to get some perspective.

So ends another episode and not only does annoying Mike still survive...but Angela too!

• Love 12

I think Gabby saw Christian with his Girlfriend and heard how he spoke about protecting her and putting her emotions first. Then Gabby looked around and saw Christian comforting Alison and Kara. And Gabby realized that Christian is a good guy who has been supporting her and pretty much everyone else out there and she finally understood the ramifications of that support. I was happy to see her step up to the plate and make a move with little drama. 

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I swear, I thought I'd been paying attention this season, but I'm not sure who Kara is.

also wasn't expecting Mike to have a "boyfriend" but glad to see that wasn't a big ole thing.

LOL to both.  But TBH I think it was during episode one or two that I looked up to see if my suspicions were correct on your second point.

6 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

And to be candid...Christian would totally be trading up from Emily to Gabby. I would have loved to see the awkward picnic on the raft if they had won that challenge.

I'll go there.  Maybe in looks that's a good trade, but Emily/Christian seem to have a very strong bond.  13 years is a long time.

3 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

But you just posted this without spoiler tags. Because I for one was unaware of these posts and comments.

Is he not talking about the comments in this thread?

On another note, where can I go to find out how to use spoiler tags?

• Love 3

Angelina is SO emotional upon seeing her mom and the first thing she does is brag about her stupid rice negotiation?  AGAIN?!  What a maroon.

Alison is still trying to convince everyone (and herself) that SHE's the biggest threat left in the game?!  Oy...another maroon.  

Kara is a beast in these endurance challenges.  They'd better not sleep on her.  I don't think I've heard her name mentioned as a threat all season.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ Gabby.  Bye, crybaby.  

Carl was adding some flavor to the man-candy at Ponderosa, wasn't he?  He looked quite handsome at TC.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Alison is still trying to convince everyone (and herself) that SHE's the biggest threat left in the game?!  Oy...another maroon.  

lmao...

3 minutes ago, Mark2 said:

I'll go there.  Maybe in looks that's a good trade, but Emily/Christian seem to have a very strong bond.  13 years is a long time.

Wow, 13 years. I missed that part. Didn't realize they'd been together that long. I'm surprised she agreed to be his loved one visit because she looked really, really shy.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Yeah, it made me remember why I didn’t like Nick at first.

For me, their reactions made me like Davie less.  I thought Davie was WAY too forgiving of Christian.  He betrayed the alliance that bailed him out for Miss Weepy Big (Dumb) Moves Backstabber.

Also, the idea the he needs Christian as a "shield" is ridiculous and shows Davie may be getting a bit arrogant.  Davie doesn't need a shield, as I think he is way down the list of perceived threats, because he has been playing such a good, low key game.

• Love 9

Gabby needed Christian out to win, that’s true but I don’t think she needed to be the main instigator.  If I was a juror, I just would have seen that as disloyalty and wouldn’t have voted for her. 

Now Davie is playing a good game.  Subtle and smart.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I'd like to know what it was that made Christian decide to play his Idol, though. He seemed so convinced by Nick on the beach. Then he randomly looks around at TC and figures it out?

There was nothing random about it.  1) Davie told him he was the target, and 2) Gabby talked about how she had to do what was best for HER game.   His “contemplating” and pregnant pause was just part of his Nerd Storyteller act.

While I’m not disappointed to see the back of Gabby, I would have rather have seen Christian go.  As far as the “Gabby was jus jealous of his girlfriend”... I dunno.  These people sit around for hours on end with nothing to do.  Christian said he and Gabby were only apart in the game for like two hours the whole time.  Wouldn’t the topic of family and relationships have come up?

He certainly seemed like he was flirting with her at the beginning but I’d be surprised if she didn’t know about his girlfriend.  Maybe she knew, but when Plain N Chunky came running out, Gabby couldn’t believe that’s who he was with, and decided to end the alliance?  I dunno.

Davie and Christian were tight, how come Gabby didn’t know that?  It’s hilarious to me that Davie was saying he needed a shield.  I don’t think anyone left thinks of Davie as a huge threat.  He’s not in the best shape and I don’t think anyone thinks of him as the mastermind.  He could just as easily have used Nick as a shield if he really thought he needed one.  

Smart move of Mike and Angelina to put Gabby down as the backup to protect Alison.  I had no idea that Mike and Angelina were so close.  According to her she openly broadcast that he is her #1 ally.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Yuck! Gabby makes my skin crawl.  Who wants a bony, emotionally unstable, jealous, insecure, disloyal, manipulative, loon?

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Can someone translate to me what Nick was saying at Tribal Council about taking someone to the end?  It was very quick, and everyone seemed to understand what he said and meant but me.

He said if you would like someone to be on the jury and you DON'T want them sitting next to you at FTC - then it isn't too hard to figure out who to vote for.

28 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

So ends another episode and not only does annoying Mike still survive...but Angela too!

At this point I think they are the goats and everyone knows it

• Love 5

Oh Gabby, the best course of action when it downs on you that your number one ally has provided support and comfort to you since day one is to backstab him. Of course! 

I am so glad she got voted out in the same week she came up with that twisted logic.

Mike and Angelina for the win!

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Yuck! Gabby makes my skin crawl.  Who wants a bony, emotionally unstable, jealous, insecure, disloyal, manipulative, loon?

Raises hand.

Worthless game play tonight aside...she's drop dead gorgeous and wears her heart on her sleeve. Believe it or not in this day and age some men like being the knight in shining armor for women like Gabby who are maybe a tad bit "needy" for lack of a better word.

• Love 6

Another thing that I loved is Gabby thought she was running the show with her "big move", when she was actually just a tool (in more ways than one) being used by the other players to get the biggest threat out of the game, or at least flush is idol.

She was an idiot for telling Davie the reason she wanted Christian out was that she made the identical moves as him but he was getting all the credit.  She should have simply said he is a huge threat with close relationships with jurors and potential jurors from both tribes.

Angelina coaching Nick in the IC would make it appear that she is solidly with him.  She is starting to grow on me just a little.  Though I did love Probst dragging her during the RC for having never won and being the weakest link and in dead last. :)

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Raises hand.

Worthless game play tonight aside...she's drop dead gorgeous and wears her heart on her sleeve. Believe it or not in this day and age some men like being the knight in shining armor for women like Gabby who are maybe a tad bit "needy" for lack of a better word.

Right up until they don’t. Seen this kind of relationship flame out more than once. 

• Love 9

I'm going to get backlash for this, but I found Christian and Emily's segment slightly creepy to watch. I realize that Emily probably is very shy and knowing that there were cameras on her probably didn't help, but the resulting way that Christian then handled it by introducing her to his "new friend Jeff" like she was a preschooler was hard to watch. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

P. S. As one of the few who actually enjoys the loved ones visit - who was cutting onions in here???

I'm right there with you Ghoulina.  I love the family visits (and letters)!

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, simplyme said:

I'm going to get backlash for this, but I found Christian and Emily's segment slightly creepy to watch. I realize that Emily probably is very shy and knowing that there were cameras on her probably didn't help, but the resulting way that Christian then handled it by introducing her to his "new friend Jeff" like she was a preschooler was hard to watch. 

I wouldn't call it creepy. I just thought it was really awkward because she was like Christian times two. Like Christian is nerdy awkward but he doesn't seem shy. His girlfriend clearly is. So you have this intense social awkwardness coupled with shyness and yeah, not good for television. Again, I'm really shocked she even agreed to be his loved one visit. But then maybe she probably figured Christian would be an early boot and so they'd never call her. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9

The editors sure played up the jealousy angle w/r/t Gabby. When Emily first showed up, there were multiple shots of Gabby’s reactions, and Kara rubbing her back, as if in consolation. Plus the subtitled “True Love, true love.” I don’t think it was necessarily romantic jealousy, but it was definitely jealousy.

Her confessional sounded more like she was trying to rationalize her feelings about Christian to herself – her realization that that she wasn’t as special to him as the heightened intimacy of being in Survivor Mode may have lured her into believing/needing to believe.

It’s super interesting that Davie doesn’t see Nick as a shield. I don’t blame Nick for having the reaction he did to Christian’s betrayal. It was a terrible miscalculation on Christian’s part to discount that, and the little bit of the talk we were shown between them seemed as if Christian wasn’t really letting Nick express himself.

Are they really not talking about what a challenge beast Kara is?

I did get a bit teary when Nick talked about how his father sold his blood in order to provide milk for four kids.

• Love 18

I actually really like Kara and think she has played an amazing social game.  I'm glad she won immunity.    Everyone left has had something special, e.g. immunity wins, finding idols or advantages, and for Mike, going on multiple awards.

• Love 10

Few tidbits I don't think others have mentioned...

Christian saying 'sorry...I'm sorry...so sorry' to his GF. I felt like he was apologizing for Gabby. I think there was some romantic something going on between the two and I do think that's the real reason Gabby gunned for Christian this week (after seeing he has a GF).

Gabby, after working her plan to vote out Christian, was on the sidelines of the IC pulling all these faces of shock and disappointment when Christian was having trouble and when he fell out. Big time actress and then no crying when she got voted out. She used all those tears to manipulate. Was all an act.

So loved that she got clipped. Bye Felicia! Team Davey to the end! (if not Davey then Christian and if not Christian either than Nick)

And how were some of the parent/child pairs so extremely opposing in height (Nick and Allison)???

• Love 8

I’d be like Davie and keep Christian rather than Nick around as a shield too.  Christian is the one that everybody has been trying to get rid of.  If they viewed Nick as a threat, they would have been trying to get him out.  Plus Davie said he’s worried that Mike, Angelina and Nick have an alliance because they bonded at the tribe they were on.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

I did get a bit teary when Nick talked about how his father sold his blood in order to provide milk for four kids.

Yeah, that got me too.  I'm usually pretty stoic during the Loved Ones episode but every now and then, a tear wells up against my will.  Nick and his dad got me this season.  

And I kind of miss the days when the Loved Ones competed with the Survivors.  They need to bring that back.

• Love 12

Random thoughts on episode 11 "Gabby Gabby Hey"

• Sobby is the Pinhead, after all, by telegraphing her Wile E. Coyote-esque shot to the point you knew it would come right back at her
  • Kara was an absolute rock at the IC
  • There's nothing like the loved ones episode to take the momentum out of a season.  Thankfully, this one had some game-relevant petty jealousy. 
  • Love 6

I'm tired of the goodbye messages where they say the were voted out because they were a threat --- even if it is true statement.  A little surprised that Gabby went that route, but at least she didn't cry again.

If a survivor uses a goodbye message that says "I was voted out because I'm a threat" have the producers say "no, you were not...  please redo your goodbye message".  And, make sure to show us the reaction :-).

• Love 6

I wasn't surprised by how mad Nick was after the Carl vote. It was the wrong move on Christian's part. I think his anger even surprised Nick. Did anyone else catch him saying to Christian during their tête-à-tête on the beach that he was "surprised by what a sore loser he was"?

Glad Gabby is gone. Angelina or Mike can go next but probably won't due to their goatyness. 

Davey for the win. (I also don't believe Christian will make it much longer.) Kara is playing a good game too.

Kudos to all those voted out who took it gracefully...ahem, I'm looking at you Natalia!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

I also cringe when people make fun of complete strangers for their looks and weight.  Most of us are not trophy wives or models. Many of us have some flaw with our appearance- we are still capable of being special people worthy of quality relationships. 

I agree.  It's horrible.  

30 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I wasn't surprised by how mad Nick was after the Carl vote. It was the wrong move on Christian's part. I think his anger even surprised Nick. Did anyone else catch him saying to Christian during their tête-à-tête on the beach that he was "surprised by what a sore loser he was"?

Yes, he was surprisingly honest and said that and that he was "trying to get over it".

I loved Christian's reaction at Tribal Council.  He was very gracious after what Gabby tried to do.

53 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

And I kind of miss the days when the Loved Ones competed with the Survivors.  They need to bring that back.

Ha!  Interesting.  That's the only part of the Loved Ones visit I DON'T like!

• Love 13

I usually hate the family visit. And, it still continues after tonight. I just can’t with Jeff and his psychological babble and trying to make something out of nothing. I know it’s a tv show and it’s his thing but just...no. Also, this cast (which I love) family visititors were kind of dull. Christian and his girlfriend was awkward and weird at best. Did Mike and his partner of many years even touch? If they did I missed it. Angelina telling her Mom and the cast how smart and brave she is was hysterical. I’ve never gotten the whole emotional crying thing. People! You’re going to see them in 2 weeks. You ain’t going to prison. I can honestly say I would be like the most boring person with my friends smiley visit. Jeff would be begging me to cry. I guess I’m unfeeling in that department. Which is odd because I’m a happy go lucky person in real life. I just don get into it on (my favorite) reality show.  

• Love 7

Nice to see an idiotic move blow up so spectacularly.  You take out big threats but not if they are your closest ally and meat shield all in one.  Not with 8 people still left.  And Gabby's motivating factor was that she suddenly saw that Christian was kind to his long time girlfriend and Allison and Kara so she (Gabby) wasn't the only person he was nice too????

How did Mike and Angelina become so close?  Angelina has been a real sneaky player.  Watch out for her.  She survived her deserved targeting and has come back like gang busters.

Love that Davie warned his fellow nerd and meat shield.  Also good move to vote for Christian to cover your trail.  I think Christian looked around before the idol play for possibly parts of three reasons.  (1) To really try and read the room in case Davie was playing him.  (2) To make it look like it was his "read" that made him play the idol hiding Davie's role in all of this in the process.  (3) Theatrics for both TV AND protecting his one remaining ally in the game in Davie so no one thought he was tipped off.

To the person that thought they read spoilers here earlier I don't believe it.  I haven't read any spoilers period and I know Christian had made himself into a major target.  All you have to do is watch the show on TV to get that.  They tried to get him out on two successive tribals and Nick/Carl/Davie saved him for the Davids.  Everyone seems to love Christian and people like John the Wrestler who really really liked him wanted to get him out just for that reason.  You can't win if you sit next to him in the finals.

Of course Gabby's try was stupid and she was the one person who could have waited up until the final four to make a move since he was protecting and shielding her up until tonight's episode.  But she be crazy.  Even Gabby's mother mentioned having to talk her down off the cliff over this and that by phone almost every single day.  That comment BTW gave me hope she might go tonight because it was such a weird edit choice of her "loved ones" moment.  What an exhausting person to be around.

Edited by green
  • Love 15

I need to think a little more & maybe post again, but a few random thoughts--

1) I find it amusing that more than one poster has said something like "Who's Kara". It's funny to me, because I feel like I'm one for whom there's always a person that I still don't know at this late point in the game. Kara actually got a good amount of screen time early on because she was involved in that budding showmance with the dude who's name I  REALLY can't remember ! They seemed quite smitten with each other after like a day on the beach. So she sticks in my mind quite clearly.

2) Wasn't surprised at Mike's boyfriend, because when he was on the Amazing Race with his Dad ( I think that's when I heard it ), it was mentioned that he was gay. Also, and I could be very wrong about this, but I seem to remember that his Dad was also, having come to that conclusion fairly late in life. ( I hope I'm not thinking of someone else. If so, apologies.)

3) Really can't stand the reunion part, but it did seem like it wasn't as long as usual.

4) I don't dislike Christian, but his long-winded way of saying everything would definitely get to me if I had to be around him for very long !

• Love 10

Had a feeling that Gabby was going to go after Christian got wind of him being targeted. Everybody is coming after Christian, so I don't see how he makes it much further without immunity. He wins if he makes the FTC.

I don't know if I believe that Gabby only targeted Christian because he has a girlfriend. Who knows, though?

Glad that Alison survived the vote again, and glad that Gabby did get booted.

I'm another one who doesn't hate Angelina. She seems to have gameplay in her, and she's not in a bad place in the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see her with a win at the end.

• Love 2

Did Mike and his partner of many years even touch? If they did I missed it.

Right? They barely hugged and stood a mile away from each other. It was very very weird and I’m worried that either a) cbs said no gay kissing or b) they broke up while back but the loved one lists were final so he came out of obligation. It was so weird.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, green said:

I think Christian looked around before the idol play for possibly parts of three reasons.  (1) Too really try and read the room in case Davie was playing him.  (2) To make it look like it was his "read" that made him play the idol hiding Davie's role in all of this in the process.  (3) Theatrics for both TV AND protecting his one remaining ally in the game in Davie.

Interesting, and I think you may be right about protecting Davie. I thought it was just because the vibe would be completely different in that moment if they were going along with what he thought they were (voting Alison) vs voting for him. Just looking around at the usual question wouldn’t have given him the same info because there is always a bit of a “bated breath” moment at the idol question.

• Love 1

Where to begin!  

16 hours ago, violet and green said:

To me her crying is histrionic, as well as often hysterical, and that suggests a manipulative personality whether the manipulating is conscious or unconsious. 

This has been my issue with Gabby's crying all along, but @violetandgreen stated so much better than I tried to do on a few occasions.  Gabby's tears and outbursts are her way of getting attention - no more no less.  

11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I thought Christians girlfriend seemed perfect for him.  He’s a nerd. Bright nerds with common sense pick people with similar intellect and appearance.  Studies have proven those relationships work better. Nerds who pick trophy wives are sorry in the end.  Christian is confident in himself- why should he pick someone as needy as Gabby?  He said Emily was shy, but he never implies she was needy. 

I also cringe when people make fun of complete strangers for their looks and weight.  Most of us are not trophy wives or models. Many of us have some flaw with our appearance- we are still capable of being special people worthy of quality relationships. 

I applaud every word here. Thank you.

12 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Angelina is SO emotional upon seeing her mom and the first thing she does is brag about her stupid rice negotiation?  AGAIN?!  What a maroon.

The mom was too much and now I see where Angelina gets it from.  Angelina is a maroon (I LOVE that word for her)!  But for me, she's a loveable maroon.  She's trying her Tracy Flick darndest to prove her worth to others while being totally clueless about just how transparent she is.  I actually find it funny.  Her intentions are good and I find her entertaining and endearing. 

12 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I think Gabby saw Christian with his Girlfriend and heard how he spoke about protecting her and putting her emotions first. Then Gabby looked around and saw Christian comforting Alison and Kara. And Gabby realized that Christian is a good guy who has been supporting her and pretty much everyone else out there and she finally understood the ramifications of that support. I was happy to see her step up to the plate and make a move with little drama. 

13 hours ago, susannot said:

I am convinced that she turned against him when she found out that he had a girlfriend, who is less attractive than her by some people's estimations.

Here is my theory on Christian and Gabby.  I never picked up on a sexual or romantic connection between these two - not ever.  At first glance, it seemed logical something would come of them given their mutual nerd appreciation, but it was quickly clear to me they were in the friend zone and that's where they stayed.  However...and this goes back to the very beginning....there is a scene of the two of them sitting on the beach.  Gabby is very intense but looking at the sand and drawing in it while asking Christian if he wants to play with her (and he hysterically responds by saying "in the sand?").   There was some female manipulation at work there.  And I do believe she played the weak female card via constant crying and outbursts to gain Christian's support.  IMO, there was a bit of male/female dynamics at the core.

I honestly don't think she was jealous of the girlfriend in any way.  Instead, I think it woke her up to the fact that she wasn't Christian's #1.   She dropped him like a hot potato when she realized manipulation only went so far.  I get this, but what bugged me is that she didn't spend a nano-second thinking about how the betrayal would impact someone who had supported her the entire game.   Nor did Christian when he decided to betray the Mason Dixon.

Christian is still in this but I suspect he'll be next.  The strongest alliance in the entire game and they end up killing each other in battle.  AMAZING.  Absolutely amazing.  

------

Anyhoo...quick question.  Why did Gabby go after Christian when she knew he had an idol?   Did she think he wouldn't play it?

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Mark2 said:

LOL to both.  But TBH I think it was during episode one or two that I looked up to see if my suspicions were correct on your second point.

Is he not talking about the comments in this thread?

I'll send you a PM.

31 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Anyhoo...quick question.  Why did Gabby go after Christian when she knew he had an idol?   Did she think he wouldn't play it?

She said something about how it was perfect that Christian believed they were voting out Allison.

So long as he believed that he would not have to waste his idol. I guess she figured he wanted to keep the idol more than he wanted to risk being voted out.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I agree.  It's horrible.  

Yes, he was surprisingly honest and said that and that he was "trying to get over it".

I loved Christian's reaction at Tribal Council.  He was very gracious after what Gabby tried to do.

Ha!  Interesting.  That's the only part of the Loved Ones visit I DON'T like!

It seems to me they are showing the loved ones less and less. Jeffy spent less than 30 seconds talking with each of the loved ones. We didn't see any of their reward together. That was very different from past seasons.

I believe there must be a reason for that and it's kind of fun to speculate what that reason might be. But if I want to do that, I'll go to the Speculation thread.

2 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Kara is a beast in these endurance challenges.  They'd better not sleep on her.  I don't think I've heard her name mentioned as a threat all season.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ Gabby.  Bye, crybaby.  

Carl was adding some flavor to the man-candy at Ponderosa, wasn't he?  He looked quite handsome at TC.

Whenever someone uses the term "maroon", a few people usually have never heard of that before. I believe it originated in some Bugs Bunny cartoon in which Bugs was trying to be a wise guy and he wanted to say "moron" but for some reason decided to say "maroon" instead. I always thought it was because it sounded more insulting with his Brooklyn accent. Maybe TPTB didn't want to use the word "moron" because they felt that it might have been politically incorrect at the time (in the 1940s).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

The editors sure played up the jealousy angle w/r/t Gabby. When Emily first showed up, there were multiple shots of Gabby’s reactions, and Kara rubbing her back, as if in consolation. Plus the subtitled “True Love, true love.” I don’t think it was necessarily romantic jealousy, but it was definitely jealousy.

Her confessional sounded more like she was trying to rationalize her feelings about Christian to herself – her realization that that she wasn’t as special to him as the heightened intimacy of being in Survivor Mode may have lured her into believing/needing to believe.

It’s super interesting that Davie doesn’t see Nick as a shield. I don’t blame Nick for having the reaction he did to Christian’s betrayal. It was a terrible miscalculation on Christian’s part to discount that, and the little bit of the talk we were shown between them seemed as if Christian wasn’t really letting Nick express himself.

Are they really not talking about what a challenge beast Kara is?

I don't believe it had anything to do with Gabby. I don't believe she was jealous. I believe the freaking editors were just doing their job and tried to invent some jealousy where none existed because it was very easy to do that and it would be very believable among the audience. But I don't believe it was real. Not for a second. I think the editors were just flexing their muscles - either because they were told to do so or because it was an easy way for them to impact the audience.

Edited by MisterBluxom
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Mark2 said:

Easy one.  Look up at your editing bar in the box you are typing in.  Scroll over the third to last symbol that looks a little like a lightning bolt/"s" and you will see it says Spoiler.  Click on it and then type inside the box that appears.  No spoiler inside BTW.  Just used it for the heck of it to say "like this" and to show how that lightning bolt/"s" shows up on the left side of the box as well.

Spoiler

Like this.

Edited by green
  • Love 3