Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E11: So Smart They're Dumb

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mark2 said:

An idol she knew about, no less.

Random side-note; it was interesting how Gabby led the way hiking to what seemed like a disproportionate number of challenges.  Post-merge, I started to like her a lot.  But to say she only went home because of an idol is looking at only part of the picture IMO.

Eh. If Christian hadn't had an idol, he would have gone home. She had the numbers. Whether that would have somehow changed Gabby's game and gotten her into the F3 or whether she would have been next, we'll never know. But yes - she knew about the idol and didn't do a particularly good job of hiding her intentions or come up with any sort of Plan B, which was her downfall. 

1 minute ago, violet and green said:

Well, that was hardly difficult, as her previous move  pissed off Nick - and Mike and Angelina and Kara and Alison have been keen to get Christian out for weeks. Hey, let's vote out Christian! Who in that group is going to say no to that?! As seen on the ep, it wasn't a hard sell.

Exactly? She instigated a move last week and used her closest ally to pull it off. This week, when the somehow fallout landed squarely on his back, she capitalised on that to remove a huge threat from the game - when other players do that we call it a skill and applaud them. Maybe if she'd pulled it off we would have done that too but somehow... I doubt it. 

I didn't actually think turning on Christian was the right move but, somewhat ironically, this post has changed my mind. Where she really fell down was not taking into account Christian's idol. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, MissEwa said:

I didn't actually think turning on Christian was the right move but, somewhat ironically, this post has changed my mind. Where she really fell down was not taking into account Christian's idol. 

I don't even think it was not taking into account the idol as much as not taking into account that someone might want to save Christian. But I personally don't blame her too much for that since I think it was somewhat crazy for Davie to want to save Christian, so I can see why she didn't think about that happening.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Having watched a couple of really fun episodes where the working alliance of Davids (Nick, Davie, Carl, and Christian) made some very clever back-up plans and used their advantages in a well-timed manner to tip the game in their favor, numberswise, it is a bit hard to think Gabby's only mistake in that last vote was that someone would tell Christian and he would use his idol. That is the most obvious of possible events she needed to have covered.

Anyway, I liked her initially and was hoping to see her at the end, and now I am just really glad she's gone.

• Love 5

I still don't think it's insane for her not to really expect someone to save Christian. All of them need Christian out and they all know it. I don't think she realized just how, I don't know, clinical Davie is with his game. ETA: I was just thinking, the fact that no one picked up on the fact that Davie wasn't down to get rid of Christian/that he'd tell Christian (or that he wasn't into the Mike/Angelina/Nick/him F4) kinda goes along with my thought that he has made no real bonds with anyone.

I will always appreciate players who try to get themselves into a position where they can win even if it means they go down in flames over sitting idly by just so you can get a few days further (Farther? I never know which to use lol.) knowing there's no way you will win. But then if I was playing I wouldn't want to stay one minute longer if I knew I wasn't gonna win. I'd rather go relax, eat, and have fun at Ponderosa.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

The time for his closest ally to knife him was not now. She could have sat back and safely watched Christian be booted without (imagining she was) making a big move in getting her closest ally out then. I don't understand going on Survivor, suffering for however long, and not making every effort to achieve a place in the FTC, where you may at least have a chance to swing the jury your way, and will get a sizable chunk  of extra cash however it pans out.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Nick wasn't planning on Mason Dixon till F4 or till the end though. Christian wasnt in even his ideal F4 which is why I say he can Fuck off with his hypocritical anger about the Carl vote. It's ok to want to blindside Christian and Gabby and take out Allison but how dare you take out who I want to keep. Only nick can do that 

Yeah Christian should've done what Nick and his cronies wanted and let Nick take him out soon after SMH

SMH.  No, Christian should have chosen one of the several other options other than Gabby's suicide pact, that would not have immediately destroyed his game. 

He could have dealt with Nick from a much stronger position, if he hadn't betrayed the alliance.

Edited by Bryce Lynch
5 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

SMH.  No, Christian should have chosen one of the several other options other than Gabby's suicide pact, that would not have immediately destroyed his game. 

I really dont know many other options. Nick was gonna turn on him soon any way which is his anger made me SMH acting like he was gonna stay true to Christian yet planning on him being gone soon anyway per that video where he wanted a F4 with Angelina Mike and Davie who along with Mike and Angelina acted like they were superior to "those vicious ones" Christian Gabby Allison and Kara. Made me not want a F4 of Nick Mike Angelina and Davie that's for sure 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 2

Personally I thought the CarDavNick plan to convince Christian to lie to Gabby was a singularly gutless piece of work, more than a little akin to Jacketgate - an attempt to have Christian torpedo his own game to benefit theirs, and avoid any BOTH in the process.  If I were Christian, I wouldn’t have gone along with it either.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Eolivet said:

It was Hannah's phrase, not Zeke's. She characterized it as being less defined than an alliance, but built on something stronger than common interest, like a voting bloc (to no one's surprise, Adam said she was wrong afterwards -- that that season was alliances, and not some made-up word).

Is Angelina not a toned down version of the Abi/Sugar figure?

Oh I don't think she is.  Angelina seems like a very straightforward Survivor player, she made an alliance, made a core alliance within the alliance (her 3-couples idea early on), wanted to go Goliath Strong and immediately target whom she saw as the biggest threat on the opposite tribe at the merge...basically playing by-the-numbers, Tagi style Survivor.  She didn't flip until her own tribemates voted for her.  She's not an agent of chaotic destruction like Abi and Sugar.  Like if she were Sugar she would have flipped on Carl because she didn't like the way he was talking about Gabby, then turned around and flipped on Gabby because she likes Christian; if she were Abi she would have voted Mike out on the Jabeni tribe because he said good morning to Natalie and somehow this meant he was plotting against her and was dead to her now.  Angelina's just awkward and hapless. 

I never actually saw the trust cluster thing because I bailed on MvGX long before then; maybe I thought Zeke was involved because he and Hannah were thick as thieves post game showed they have in common a certain annoying hipster sense of humor in some videos they made together.

• Love 3
On 12/7/2018 at 1:52 PM, princelina said:

I would ask him what he did to deserve it, because I'm not seeing much.  "Playing the middle" may be his strategy but IMO it's unimpressive compared to everyone else (except maybe Allison)

Today will be interesting...

As to Alison, it was pretty funny to me when she opined that the "big move" was really to make no special move at all.  Really?  That seems to be a theme for her edit, whereas Mike comes across as more "in the know" than her.  Plus his gang of 6 and Gabby vote (however short lived and despite being Nick's idea, respectively) are cases he can make for outplaying others.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, MissEwa said:

Eh. If Christian hadn't had an idol, he would have gone home. She had the numbers. Whether that would have somehow changed Gabby's game and gotten her into the F3 or whether she would have been next, we'll never know. But yes - she knew about the idol and didn't do a particularly good job of hiding her intentions or come up with any sort of Plan B, which was her downfall. 

Exactly? She instigated a move last week and used her closest ally to pull it off. This week, when the somehow fallout landed squarely on his back, she capitalised on that to remove a huge threat from the game - when other players do that we call it a skill and applaud them. Maybe if she'd pulled it off we would have done that too but somehow... I doubt it. 

As I said earlier she obviously went with the Goliaths, and that meant she most likely was targeting Davie as well, that would have made more sense than the edit which seemed to make out she was totally obsessed by Christian and didn't have another target (even though everyone else did as they all seemed to know he had an idol).

• Love 1