Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

I went back and checked her Twitter-no mention of her anniversary on November 11th-could not find the last time she talked about her king.  So it sounds as if it has been a month in the works that coupled with the silent close on the house and failure to mention where THEY were living.  I am sure Yolanda will be downsizing.  I feel bad for Anwar - does he have to change schools?

• Love 2

How much do you want to bet Yolanda starts to feel better the longer she is free from him? Not that she doesn't have lyme disease, but stress can manifest in many various ways and exacerbate symptoms. He's a talented guy, but always seemed like a pompous ass to me. I wouldn't live with him, even if you threw in that killer refrigerator!

Edited by myname2use4now
  • Love 14

I'm curious if they are going to be re-editing footage to show a "troubled marriage" foreboding edit between them.    

You know they will.  Bravo ain't nothing if it ain't milking every situation for all it's worth. And that's okay by me.

I'm surprised.  And I'll admit a little sad.  Dunno why.  Yes, she was smug and often insufferable but I'm a romantic at heart so...yeah.

• Love 9

Of course Kyle says Yolanda 100% has Lyme disease. She probably stole Yolanda and David's God damn house.

Who was their real estate agent for the sale of their former love shack?

ITA David seems like a huge ass especially if he drinks alot.

• Love 3

Honestly, I've felt it was coming for a long time.  To me the sale of the house that was supposedly their dream home was always suspicious, but I genuinely don't like to speculate about marriages without any real proof, and on-screen there wasn't any real evidence of problems.  There's also the fact that she does seem to be trying to latch on to her daughters' tabloid fame, and seems to recover enough to attend various events.  I feel like she's finally getting a taste of the fame she truly craved, that not even being a cast member of RHOBH could give her.  

• Love 8

COOKSDELIGHT:

I've always been aware of the strain and the adjustments that her health has put on their marriage.  I've even wondered at times how David could stand it.  It isn't a case of dishing out blame to either of the partners.  It's just that the situation causes such problems.  I would like to say that I wasn't surprised in the least, but the truth is that I was absolutely stunned.  What about you?

I wasn't surprised at all, in fact.... I've been taking bets with my sister and friends who watch the show as to when the announcement would be made. I'm not saying that to be cruel, but the writing was on the wall once David made the statement "I didn't sign up for this" when she first became sick and had it be a part of her storyline.

• Love 14

Higgins called it.  

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20970188,00.html

Man.  Yolanda's narrative just went off the rails.  But you know, if it were to spur her to be authentic, I would actually like her more.  (I doubt it will.  The delusion is strong in this one.)

Nearly 100 percent of the people on this board called it. Just like Kim's 100 percent goddamn  pain, YoFo's marriage was 100 percent on the skids.  It was just a matter of time. David's record speaks for itself. Many members called this so long ago.

Even if it wasn't Lyme Disease, David was headed out the door just because that is his pattern.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 19

I get that they've both been married before and it's Hollyweird and everything, but I feel sad for Yo and David. Chronic illness puts a big strain on a marriage - to have it happen so early on had to be rough. I couldn't have survived Lyme and all its complications without my husband and kids, but I had been strong and healthy for decades and always there for them - how awful to start a marriage like that. Neither Yo nor David signed up for it. :(

• Love 5

how awful to start a marriage like that. Neither Yo nor David signed up for it. :(

"In sickness and in health"...Maybe they didn't have those vows? If not for YoFo's constant trips around the world looking for a cure, I wonder if David would have left sooner?

• Love 3

"In sickness and in health"...Maybe they didn't have those vows? If not for YoFo's constant trips around the world looking for a cure, I wonder if David would have left sooner?

They probably said the words, but you never expect things to go downhill so quickly - these two no doubt imagined themselves in more glamorous and fun situations.
  • Love 1

RYEBREAD:

I'm surprised.  And I'll admit a little sad.  Dunno why.  Yes, she was smug and often insufferable but I'm a romantic at heart so...yeah.

THANKS, ryebread (and nexxie)!  I'm a romantic, too, so your post made me feel better.  I can't help but feel a little bit sad for Yolanda especially.   When we first met them, Yolanda was so over the moon about David.

I had seen him at the '88 Olympics in Calgary and thought he was THE most egotistical, self-centered, pompous man I'd ever heard open his mouth.  I literally couldn't stand him.  When Yo came on the show, I was really curious about  who would marry him.  She  seemed nice enough and somewhat smart, so I figured he'd outgrown his lofty opinion of himself.  I have a feeling I was wrong and Yolanda was misguided.

What were David's exact words when he got his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame when he talked about Yolanda?  Does anyone remember?  He said something about her being his last wife!  It's really appropriate now!

Edited by Lura
  • Love 5

I don't think Yo was misguided so much as she doesn't mind that David was an egotistical blowhard. Remember their dinner party where she practically had people bow at his feet? He really was a king in her mind. I am a little sad for her but now I wonder if all the people who questioned if her chronic illnesses were a way to keep him from leaving were right.

One thing about David is..if he wanted a very young wife he always could have had one. He's insanely rich and not hideous. I think he does want a companion, and Yo seemed like a good match because she'd cater to him. But he must bore quickly.

• Love 6

I have a question.....When did Yolanda find out about the leaky implant, before filming began or after? I ask this because of no makeup, no hair color and her weight gain on this episode. I didn't think she quit all of those until AFTER they found the old leakage, so I am wondering when this episode was filmed.

• Love 1

There has been mention of Foster messing around on Yo in the blind items but I figured it was just speculation.  Dummy me.  I thought they were married longer than four years.

They married on 11/11/11 - same day as Kroy Bierman and Kim Zolciak.

• Love 2

I have a question.....When did Yolanda find out about the leaky implant, before filming began or after? I ask this because of no makeup, no hair color and her weight gain on this episode. I didn't think she quit all of those until AFTER they found the old leakage, so I am wondering when this episode was filmed.

She had the implants removed in August, so filming had already started. My guess is that finding out about the leaky implants will be a big part of her story moving forward. From what I remember reading at the time, she claimed to be feeling much better almost immediately.

• Love 4

Never mind-I was late hearing the news! Not surprised though. He goes through his women. No way he was going to stick around with a sick one. He just wants a pretty arm piece to be at his beck and call.

Edited by lgprimes
  • Love 5

I have always felt Yolanda was forcing this relationship. He just seemed so disconnected and uncomfortable around her. There was no chemistry IMO and as I have posted in the past, David is the kind of man that is fine with you entering his life but, he doesn't seem interested in being part of her life.

She just seemed so desperate and that never works. 

• Love 23

He's insanely rich and not hideous.

Opinions may vary on his hideousness.  I find him repulsive to look at, personally, and now that I know he can't even take this marriage to the 5 year mark because his wife's illness kept her from being there for him enough, he's even more repugnant to me.  Do I think she has WAAAAAY over exaggerated her symptoms and problems with Lyme's disease?  Yes, I do.  But I don't think that makes it okay for David to just tap out due her being sick, even if maybe she hasn't been on death's door as much as she would have everyone believe.  He's gross.  I've always thought he was gross, and now he's Kelsey Grammar level gross.

What I hope is that Yolanda has a miraculous recovery and bounces back looking better than ever, then snags some new multi-millionaire, preferably someone David Foster considers competition, or since he probably thinks there is no competition because he is The Very Best Ever, then I hope it's someone he despises who is younger than him.

• Love 10

I wonder if there is a 5 yr clause in their prenup where she gets more if they make it that long.

I feel sorry for her, but I get the feeling they are not together that much anyway--he seems to be travelling all the time, and she's alone or with her kids.

• Love 7

I have always felt Yolanda was forcing this relationship. He just seemed so disconnected and uncomfortable around her. There was no chemistry IMO and as I have posted in the past, David is the kind of man that is fine with you entering his life but, he doesn't seem interested in being part of her life.

She just seemed so desperate and that never works.

Yeah, he's fine with you entering his life and equally fine with you leaving it. He's probably very generous with the parting gifts too. Then on to his new love, someone so awestruck by his incredible talent and genius that they feel lucky just to be able to worship him the way he believes he should be.

• Love 11

I'm late finding out the news about their divorce and I must say that I was shocked at first but after thinking back to the way David is, I'm not shocked. I recall so many times listening and reading about Yolanda and her Lyme disease and thought to myself that something's just not right with that. I had Lyme disease and it was pretty far advanced. I was treated with six weeks of doxycycline very effectively. I just couldn't understand what was going on with Yolanda. I know she went to China and who knows wherever to get treatments that aren't FDA approved here. It remains to be seen, but with implants that are 20 years old and slowly leaking, I would question whether symptoms are from the silicone in the her bloodstream and brain or the Lyme Disease. I'm leaning towards believing free-floating silicone has to have a very negative effect on a woman's body.

As far as David Foster is concerned, he's an ego-maniacal, selfish, narcissist. He's been married four times and has five biological daughters. How many times will he get married before he figures out that he's not the marrying kind. I had always thought that Yolanda really adored David, calling him 'my love' etc. David never seemed to be warm to her, he was busy doing his thing and to him Yolanda's little 'distraction' of RHOBH was rubbish to him but if it kept her busy and occupied, he was all for it. I like Yolanda, always have. She's sensible and intelligent. She's even-tempered and rational. She could do better than David. Maybe not richer, but definitely more of a real husband. He's getting old and looking shabby but his millions will always get him some new hot woman. Trouble between David and Yolanda came to my mind immediately when they suddenly put that beautiful home up for sale.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 10
Yo is his 4th.

Gee, think of it!  If he really put his mind to it, and if he took his daily vitamins and Yolanda's "purge juice," in another couple of years he could beat Liz Taylor's record!!!  I think his brains are all in his whackadoo, if you get my drift.

• Love 6

Is there by any chance Yolanda gave David an out? Look the trailer for this season how she thought she was going to die then made her kids promise they would take care of her mother? Makes me wonder.

Who knows at this point. IMO, their marriage was more business/convience than anything else. Neither 1 of them lit up around the other, it always looked/felt like an act when they were together, there were never any playful moments between them like we see with other HW/husbands. Maybe Mohammed got the 2 of them together because he knew David could help Yolanda get that show of her own far more than he could have. Right off the bat, David was in the media pushing for Yolanda getting her own lifestyle show right after she got the BH HW job and she got the BH job not long after they got married.

• Love 4

I finally figured out what has really been bothering me about Yolanda. When she first said she had Lyme disease, I went with it. I was willing to chalk up the endless sick selfies to her not letting the disease stifle her inner famewhore. It seemed that she was making the right decision and transitioning herself away from the show by going to a friend of last season, and I figured that was for the best so she wouldn't be bound by a production schedule and could film when she felt like it.

When the reunion came, I did believe that she was conveniently using her illness as a way to avoid hard questions, but figured that she was probably there for the last time, so whatever. But then came the bullshit about her kids having it. But not perfect Gigi, just the 'lesser' ones who hadn't proven themselves to her satisfaction. I think Lyme disease has subconsciously become her go to for any imperfections in herself and now her kids. It's easier to say Bella isn't as successful a model, or didn't become an Olympian, or got arrested because of Lyme disease, rather than her not being good enough. Lord knows what slights poor Anwar is guilty of. And that is what really disgusts me. I'll probably never know how I'll she is or isn't, but filling her kids head with that garbage just makes her disgusting.

Edited by Rina99
  • Love 16

How much do you want to bet Yolanda starts to feel better the longer she is free from him? Not that she doesn't have lyme disease, but stress can manifest in many various ways and exacerbate symptoms. He's a talented guy, but always seemed like a pompous ass to me. I wouldn't live with him, even if you threw in that killer refrigerator!

With her brain damage, I wonder if David will have to pay her a alimony check every month due to her health condition? Bravo will be her only source of income now. Maybe wearing no make up was a way of saying she doesn't feel good and want's to reflect that publicly especially in light of a troubled marriage and divorce.

I agree, David walking out of the marriage may be contributing to the escalation of stress and contributed to Yolanda's health problems. She most likely knew he was pulling away from the marriage for months. IMO they sold their house because they realized their marriage was over.

• Love 4

They probably said the words, but you never expect things to go downhill so quickly - these two no doubt imagined themselves in more glamorous and fun situations.

Goodby to King David and his love notes. Goodby to Yolanda's nude picture book to her love and her magnificent refrigerator! Their wedding video says it all...how sad for them both.

That was quite a list of medications she had up on her walls, Bella is/was not the only one in the family doing Ritalin and speed.

I was shocked when the camera showed the white board titled 'Lyme Disease & Co-Infections'. The list of conventional drugs on the left and the alternative on the right. I was in absolute shock, my jaw literally dropped. I froze the screen and jotted down all that I could see on the list of just the conventional pharmaceuticals that she's been treated with. There's a few I couldn't get. This is since 2012! I also found out that two of Yolanda's children Bella and Anwar, have also been diagnosed and treated for Lyme Disease in 2012.  Here's that list;

daptomycin, abendazole, rocephin, bicillin injections, flagyl, azithromycin, acinia, quetiapine, mepron, vancomycin, nystatin, diflucan, rifampin, belsomra, macrobid, tindamax, dmps, zithromax, wellbutrin, plaquenil, edta, tetralysal, adderall, hydrocortisone, hydrocodone, Xanax, minocycline, ativan, ritalyn, hydroxyeholor, lunesta, codeine.

Essentially, Yolanda has been given treatments for Lyme Disease since her diagnosis in2012 and that was only one year after her marriage to David. David has paid over $500,000 so that she could receive unconventional treatments like stem cell transplants and others in countries like Mexico, Bahamas, China, Korea and others.

I have to stop and copy a couple of quotes that David made to People magazine nearly a year ago regarding Yolanda's health.

"The musician, 65, went on to tell PEOPLE that he tries his hardest to be there for his wife in her time of need. “I fail some days,” he said. “You know, I get cranky and then I realize that she’s got it 100 times worse than me. But I just do my best.”

He added: “I try when I’m home to be as supportive as I can. But she’s just she’s worn out.”

he writes her love letters to remind her how much he cares. “My wife loves a love note more than she loves a piece of jewelry,” he said. “It is actually harder to do a love note than a piece of jewelry because I got to, like, sit down and really think about what I’m writing.”

• Love 9

Can someone link me to David saying he didn't sign up for this?  I hadn't heard that one.

I didn't sign up for "The Days of Our Lymes" either, does this mean Yo and I have to get a divorce..........

• Love 8

I was shocked when the camera showed the white board titled 'Lyme Disease & Co-Infections'. The list of conventional drugs on the left and the alternative on the right. I was in absolute shock, my jaw literally dropped. I froze the screen and jotted down all that I could see on the list of just the conventional pharmaceuticals that she's been treated with. There's a few I couldn't get. This is since 2012! I also found out that two of Yolanda's children Bella and Anwar, have also been diagnosed and treated for Lyme Disease in 2012. Here's that list;

daptomycin, abendazole, rocephin, bicillin injections, flagyl, azithromycin, acinia, quetiapine, mepron, vancomycin, nystatin, diflucan, rifampin, belsomra, macrobid, tindamax, dmps, zithromax, wellbutrin, plaquenil, edta, tetralysal, adderall, hydrocortisone, hydrocodone, Xanax, minocycline, ativan, ritalyn, hydroxyeholor, lunesta, codeine.

Essentially, Yolanda has been given treatments for Lyme Disease since her diagnosis in2012 and that was only one year after her marriage to David. David has paid over $500,000 so that she could receive unconventional treatments like stem cell transplants and others in countries like Mexico, Bahamas, China, Korea and others.

I have to stop and copy a couple of quotes that David made to People magazine nearly a year ago regarding Yolanda's health.

"The musician, 65, went on to tell PEOPLE that he tries his hardest to be there for his wife in her time of need. “I fail some days,” he said. “You know, I get cranky and then I realize that she’s got it 100 times worse than me. But I just do my best.”

He added: “I try when I’m home to be as supportive as I can. But she’s just she’s worn out.”

he writes her love letters to remind her how much he cares. “My wife loves a love note more than she loves a piece of jewelry,” he said. “It is actually harder to do a love note than a piece of jewelry because I got to, like, sit down and really think about what I’m writing.”

It's interesting that Yolanda doesn't consider or probably even know that azithromycin is the same thing as Zithromax, that albendazole is the same thing as Albenza. Also, the type of drugs on the list makes me think she's a little fixated with parasites.
  • Love 5

I think Yolanda signed a pre-nup.  Linda Thompson tried to take David to the cleaners even though he was extremely generous by claiming that she was the creative force in the relationship,not David.  He was married at 22 to an older band member.  They were married 8 years, she was a partyer and started abusing drugs and alcohol.  After that, he was married to a homebody for a few years.  He said in his book that he felt badly about that.  He neglected her and then he and Linda Thompson both started cheating on their spouses.  Counting all the years they were together, he and Linda were a couple for 20 years.  Then came Yolanda.  I think he just wanted a stress-free, non-combative relationship.

I was just reading an article in O about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which a doctor at Stanford believes is kickstarted by a virus of some kind.  It can be treated, maybe not to 100%, but it can be treated.  I think it's possible that Yo has CFS, but all the excessive treatments are making her worse rather than better.  I also think that Yolanda tossed David for not being understanding enough of her condition.  Along the lines of, "If you can't be here 100% for me, don't bother at all.

• Love 7

Bravo TV posted this on their site November 11. They may want to reword it.  

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/yolanda-david-foster-relationship-things-you-didnt-know

"Watching Yolanda Foster and David Foster on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is proof that true love still exists. The way that these two lovebirds passionately talk about each other on and off the show gives us serious relationship goals.

So it shouldn't come as a surprise to learn that Yolanda and David are still going strong after four years of marriage. Though Yolanda and David have had their fair share of ups and downs since the two wed on November 11, 2011, from busy careers to Yolanda's battle with Lyme disease to sharing the intimate details of their personal lives with the entire world, they have somehow found the secret to making it all work. Perhaps the following fascinating facts about their relationship will provide us mere mortals with some insight into how to make true love last."

OK.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 12