Type keyword(s) to search

Kyle Richards: Pantene Poster Girl

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

I’m not saying she deserved to be robbed, or that a crime hasn’t been committed, but the risk mitigation of security alarms and insurance also requires some basic precautions be taken. 

Oh I don't think any feels anyone deserves to be robbed-not even a Kardashian.  Kim's robbery was very scary.  

Almost all insurance companies as part of the underwriting process require you have an alarm system and proof you are using an alarm company when they are being asked to insure luxury homes and items.  The cannot deny coverage if you fail to use it or it malfunctions.  

Kyle in 18 months has had two major insurance claims-both occurring when she was away.  The first being her nephew who was living with her, had his mother, who decided to bring her vicious dog and attacked a stylist and now this.  Her insurance premiums must be going up.

• Love 2
On 1/12/2018 at 0:22 PM, nexxie said:

That was pretty cute - imo Kyle is very likeable and fun! Also agreed with most of her choices.

It was cute. I cannot agree with the part about dating PK, however. Just yuck. 

I am surprised to hear that she only knows HH "superficially".  When she was addressing the HH hiking incident with Rinna, she said "you know I love Harry". She made it sound like she knew him more than superficially. Haven't HH and Rinna been attending Kyle's White Parties since they began over a decade ago? Again, surprised she doesn't know him better. But probably most of these friendships are superficial to some degree. 

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

It was cute. I cannot agree with the part about dating PK, however. Just yuck. 

I am surprised to hear that she only knows HH "superficially".  When she was addressing the HH hiking incident with Rinna, she said "you know I love Harry". She made it sound like she knew him more than superficially. Haven't HH and Rinna been attending Kyle's White Parties since they began over a decade ago? Again, surprised she doesn't know him better. But probably most of these friendships are superficial to some degree. 

I believe Kyle said she adored both of them. Rinna said Harry loves you to Kyle.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-8/episode-2/videos/kyle-richards-tells-lisa-rinna-about  To me it was indicative they really don't spend a lot of time together.  It seems the last time they went out to dinner as a couple (off camera) Rinna took the opportunity to bring up Yolanda and Munchausen.  Harry misses most of the group events-always working.  I was more surprised when asked if Rinna and Kyle were closed Kyle said they were not.

• Love 1
On 1/13/2018 at 10:36 AM, Kokapetl said:

I’m not saying she deserved to be robbed, or that a crime hasn’t been committed, but the risk mitigation of security alarms and insurance also requires some basic precautions be taken. 

Especially since there’s been an epidemic of burglaries of high profile celebrity homes in the LA area- Beverly Hills,  Bel Air, Brentwood etc. in the last couple of years. 

Also Flloyd Merryweather, Demi Lovato, Drake and others. Not sure the reason for it, some say California has opened up their prisons and only incarcerates the most violent offenders, could be gangs, who knows.  I think people that are open about their travels on social media may also be more vulnerable. Might be worth it to hire security guards. 

I’m shocked Kyle moved out of Beverly Hills! Wasn’t she born and raised there? Lived her whole life there? Also there’s the snob factor. Josh on Million Dollar Listing LA regularly trashes the idea of living anywhere in “the valley”. The way he says it you’d think it was a landfill or something which I’m sure it’s not.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, zulualpha said:

Especially since there’s been an epidemic of burglaries of high profile celebrity homes in the LA area- Beverly Hills,  Bel Air, Brentwood etc. in the last couple of years. 

Also Flloyd Merryweather, Demi Lovato, Drake and others. Not sure the reason for it, some say California has opened up their prisons and only incarcerates the most violent offenders, could be gangs, who knows.  I think people that are open about their travels on social media may also be more vulnerable. Might be worth it to hire security guards. 

I’m shocked Kyle moved out of Beverly Hills! Wasn’t she born and raised there? Lived her whole life there? Also there’s the snob factor. Josh on Million Dollar Listing LA regularly trashes the idea of living anywhere in “the valley”. The way he says it you’d think it was a landfill or something which I’m sure it’s not.

Well if you are predisposed to criminal behavior you might as well go where the money and loot are.  People are still incarcerated in California for property and non-violent crimes.  Kyle just mentioned on WWHL they now have five dogs back, the alarms are working and there are two armed guards.

Kyle has technically always lived in Bel Air.  Encino isn't landfill, it is not too far from Calabassas near where the Kardashian crew lives.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, zulualpha said:

I am also shocked! It seems odd that they would move there when Mauricio's office is so far away. Especially when LVP constantly chastised Brandi for living in Encino like it's in a different dimension. Plus, with Portia still young I bet it takes forever to get to her school.

Encino is a nice place by valley standards but it's so far away from the places these women frequent. I also don't love Calabasas or Malibu either. What's the point of buying a multi-million dollar home when it take 30 minutes to get to the nearest gas station or grocery store.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, rho said:

Plus, with Portia still young I bet it takes forever to get to her school.

Do we know where Portia goes to school, public or private? Or perhaps an academy with a theological and cultural emphasis (don't the Ums follow Modern Ortho Judaism;?)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SCS said:

Do we know where Portia goes to school, public or private? Or perhaps an academy with a theological and cultural emphasis (don't the Ums follow Modern Ortho Judaism;?)

We do but the mods do not want us to post where minor children attend school.  It is a healthy 20 minute commute.   

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SCS said:

Yeh I could see em enrolling her in a private institution but I find that kid kind of annoying  and not too appealing so I am hoping she's not too present this season.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, ryebread said:

They now have 2 armed guards on the property??  That sucks.  Do they have a wall? Or are they in a gated community?

The estate has gates it is a stand alone home on just over an acre of land.  kyle1-bab6fb-768x512.jpg

Zoeysmom, IOU bigtime for detailing all of Kyle's homes for me.  THANK YOU!  It was definitely House #2 that we liked so much.  Also, I was away from the puter for Christmas through New Year's with a nasty bug and missed the Kyle robbery completely.  Thanks for the link to the details.  That sure sounds like it could have been an inside job, but I'm not a detective.  I hope they find the person(s) responsible. 

These reality show goofballs who brag to the world about where and when they're going to be out of town are NUTS, if you ask me.  The insurance companies should refuse to cover them if they're going to advertise their whereabouts. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Lura said:

Zoeysmom, IOU bigtime for detailing all of Kyle's homes for me.  THANK YOU!  It was definitely House #2 that we liked so much.  Also, I was away from the puter for Christmas through New Year's with a nasty bug and missed the Kyle robbery completely.  Thanks for the link to the details.  That sure sounds like it could have been an inside job, but I'm not a detective.  I hope they find the person(s) responsible. 

These reality show goofballs who brag to the world about where and when they're going to be out of town are NUTS, if you ask me.  The insurance companies should refuse to cover them if they're going to advertise their whereabouts. 

You are welcome.  Kyle was on WWHL and asked if it was an inside job and she jokingly said, Lisa Vanderpump."  According to Kyle they were at her house and LVP commented on Kyle's pink Chanel jacket and could she declare that in the stolen items and give it to LVP.  Kyle went to look for the jacket and it had been taken in the burglary.  Kyle was not being serious.

I kind of look at leaving your home and letting people know where you are like this.  If I have a store and I have my hours  and days open posted on the door, on the internet and in my ads-should I be denied insurance coverage?  As the store owner I am advertising my whereabouts.  I just get frustrated when the victim is blamed.  It is not as if she had her stuff on a table in front of the house.  The perpetrators had to break into her house.  I am not taking this out on you it is just a frustrating stance.

I know when Kyle was on WWHL Tuesday, Andy made some comment about her just flying in.  I do believe she had been in New York for the week doing promos for the show.   She had the same earrings and jacket on as she did earlier in the week.   So I do believe Kyle is being a little less candid.  Having said that-Kyle had someone staying in the house while she and her family were vacationing.  That housesitter was fortunate they didn't interrupt the burglars.   

• Love 6
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Wonder if Kyle wishes they hadn’t moved - bigger is not always better. Isn’t the location less convenient for all their usual activities?

Yes, it's odd and I'm saying that as a Valley (NoHo) kid. The West side definitely looks down on the Valley until you get to the north end at Calabasas that has it's own "reality" taint. An exception is the area known as a golden triangle around the studios like NBC, Disney and Universal because of that industry's cool imagine but where Kyle purchased isn't part of that.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

Yes, it's odd and I'm saying that as a Valley (NoHo) kid. The West side definitely looks down on the Valley until you get to the north end at Calabasas that has it's own "reality" taint. An exception is the area known as a golden triangle around the studios like NBC, Disney and Universal because of that industry's cool imagine but where Kyle purchased isn't part of that.

Yup! This is pretty much the only acceptable place to live on the valley side. 

On a slightly unrelated note, is anyone watching Million Dollar Listing LA? I swear, once per episode they mention how great and up and coming Encino is. But all the "Encino" B-roll is really from Studio City's silver triangle. Not to say, those types of shops won't start popping up all over Encino, but it's just not there yet. Right now it's mostly strip malls and office buildings. I wonder if this is Mauricio and his MDL agents' way of cornering that market or maybe even creating a demand for it to drive prices up????

• Love 2
10 hours ago, nexxie said:

Wonder if Kyle wishes they hadn’t moved - bigger is not always better. 

It's a charming house/exterior (always wondered if Kyle loved it because it resembled tv houses from her working childhood - she grew up to live in a "real" one.)

• Love 3

I'll bet Mauricio could tell us stories about people's houses and how the people lived.  He or his staff have probably been in half the houses in Beverly Hills.  I'm just curious enough to wonder who the slobs are and who's fastidious.  Which reminds me -- I think I need to call the carpet cleaners!  lol

• Love 2

https://pagesix.com/2018/03/08/kyle-richards-wants-out-of-sister-kims-dog-bite-lawsuit/amp/

This is why, even when I find Kyle pretty hateful, I still have this kernel of sympathy for her. This is the shit she has to put up with from Kim. Mauricio and Kyle let Kim live in the condo rent free, Kim keeps her hellhound there even though she lies and says she isn't, Cerberus mauls Kim's assistant, and Kyle gets sued. Yes, I know that it's the same case we heard about ages ago, but it's fucked up that Kyle has to pay lawyers to deal with Kim's messy bullshit.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

https://pagesix.com/2018/03/08/kyle-richards-wants-out-of-sister-kims-dog-bite-lawsuit/amp/

This is why, even when I find Kyle pretty hateful, I still have this kernel of sympathy for her. This is the shit she has to put up with from Kim. Mauricio and Kyle let Kim live in the condo rent free, Kim keeps her hellhound there even though she lies and says she isn't, Cerberus mauls Kim's assistant, and Kyle gets sued. Yes, I know that it's the same case we heard about ages ago, but it's fucked up that Kyle has to pay lawyers to deal with Kim's messy bullshit.

Obviously Kim has no money.  I am thinking it is Kyle's homeowners insurance carrier that is asking to be dismissed.  Most homeowner's insurance carriers in California won't cover certain breeds of dogs with pit bulls being at the top of the list.  There is just something wrong with a person who becomes so attached to a vicious dog and will risk losing everything to keep it.

It solves a huge mystery-I could never figure out why Kim was at Kyle's house when Kyle was vacationing in Europe.  It was also kind of strange that Kim chided Kyle about not scratching the wood floors.  Kyle's house. I bet Kim is devastated that it is public record now that she lives rent free off of Kyle.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't think Kim's bank of emotions has a "devastated" in it.  I'm not even sure that there is an "embarrassed" in there either.  Her disease, coupled with a warped sense of entitlement, have led her here.  Kyle does not appear to be able to apply tough love to this relationship, whereby Kim would have to actually support herself.  Having a lot of money makes that easier.  I admire Mauricio greatly for making those sacrifices for an ungrateful beneficiary.

Another interesting thing-I don't believe Mauricio is named in the suit.  I am wondering if Kyle bought it specifically for Kim or had it as an investment property.  As much as these sisters tussle I am curious what side perfect sister Kathy comes down on.  I can honestly see Kyle feeling she has a duty to make sure Kim has a roof over her head and this breach had to have hurt.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Another interesting thing-I don't believe Mauricio is named in the suit.  I am wondering if Kyle bought it specifically for Kim or had it as an investment property.  As much as these sisters tussle I am curious what side perfect sister Kathy comes down on.  I can honestly see Kyle feeling she has a duty to make sure Kim has a roof over her head and this breach had to have hurt.

Obviously, I'm not privy to Kyle's finances, but I would be surprised if she made enough money as a child actor to amass much of a fortune independent of Mauricio.  I know she has this "life story" project (ugh) working, that seems to have legs, but depending on when this condo was purchased for Kim (if it was), it was probably a gift ultimately from Mauricio.  Doesn't matter really, at the end of the day, Kim's a user with no ability to find fault in herself.  Only others.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Obviously, I'm not privy to Kyle's finances, but I would be surprised if she made enough money as a child actor to amass much of a fortune independent of Mauricio.  I know she has this "life story" project (ugh) working, that seems to have legs, but depending on when this condo was purchased for Kim (if it was), it was probably a gift ultimately from Mauricio.  Doesn't matter really, at the end of the day, Kim's a user with no ability to find fault in herself.  Only others.

I don't think Kyle makes much on her childhood acting days and I doubt Kim makes much from her days in acting.  Kyle does make her own money RHOBH, her stores, her TV series.  This is a total stab in the dark but perhaps Kyle bought the condo Kim lives in from the proceeds from the sale of the Palm Desert house she inherited from her mom?  I know Kyle bought out Kathy and Kim, but perhaps because it was an inheritance, Kyle had separate money from Mauricio.    Just a theory.  

• Love 4

Kyle, Kathy and Kim helping the "bums".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9qMkqLT6T8&feature=youtu.be&t=1m53s

To save you 25 minutes of cringe, I will summarize:

We begin with the sisters sitting around on couches discussing the plight of the BH homeless folks. What if they could just give them jobs, say, washing dishes at the HIlton? Wouldn't that be great? Well, maybe we can start by feeding them.

Scene 2, in the kitchen, randomly grabbing various food items from a giant fridge, making sandwiches from a loaf of bread and a jar of mayo. This is beginning to be fun!

Now we join them as they drive around Beverly Hills discussing their individual experiences with bums,, er, homeless people. They actually know where to find them! 

It's like they are on some sort of safari to discover and study real live homeless people in their natural habitats, using sandwiches, yogurt and gatorade as bait.  Maybe they can even capture one to bring back to the Hilton! Kyle's excited but a bit nervous. If she senses danger she is just going to drive right on by.

At one point Kim carries on a lengthy, very one sided conversation with a man. She is very emotional. She is sure that he is THE ONE homeless person that really wants a job, a place to live, a paycheck and friends. He's not so sure. It's hard to discern if he is laughing or crying. He does accept some food and cash. Kyle and Kathy look on from a safe distance. Finally Kim gives up, telling him to "think about it". She'll be back.

Next we have Kyle and Kathy speaking with a homeless woman. They are sure that what she really needs is a makeover. They would like to take her to the salon for a mani/pedi, maybe even color her gray hair blonde before releasing her back into the wild. She politely declines. She does her own nails, thank you very much.

Not to give up too easily, Kyle and Kathy find another woman who surely will take them up on their offer of a mani/pedi. Much to their disbelief, this lady is not interested either! If she had her druthers, she would choose some roll-along luggage instead.

Cut to the final scene, is it Kyle and Kathy showing up with a gift of Samsonite? 

Nope, we do get a very cute random dog video, though.

Edited by Happy Camper
Added summary
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

To summarize, we begin with the sisters sitting around on couches discussing the plight of the BH homeless folks. What if they could just give them jobs, say, washing dishes at the HIlton? Wouldn't that be great? Well, maybe we can start by feeding them.

Scene 2, in the kitchen, randomly grabbing various food items from a giant fridge, making sandwiches from a loaf of bread and a jar of mayo. This is beginning to be fun!

Now we join them as they drive around Beverly Hills discussing their individual experiences with bums,, er, homeless people. They actually know where to find them! 

It's like they are on some sort of safari to discover and study real live homeless people in their natural habitats, using sandwiches, yogurt and gatorade as bait.  Maybe they can even capture one to bring back to the Hilton! Kyle's excited but a bit nervous. If she senses danger she is just going to drive right on by.

At one point Kim carries on a lengthy, very one sided conversation with a man. She is very emotional. She is sure that he is THE ONE homeless person that really wants a job, a place to live, a paycheck and friends. He's not so sure. It's hard to discern if he is laughing or crying. He does accept some food and cash. Kyle and Kathy look on from a safe distance. Finally Kim gives up, telling him to "think about it". She'll be back.

Next we have Kyle and Kathy speaking with a homeless woman. They are sure that what she really needs is a makeover. They would like to take her to the salon for a mani/pedi, maybe even color her gray hair blonde before releasing her back into the wild. She politely declines. She does her own nails, thank you very much.

Not to give up too easily, Kyle and Kathy find another woman who surely will take them up on their offer of a mani/pedi. Much to their disbelief, this lady is not interested either! If she had her druthers, she would choose some roll-along luggage instead.

Cut to the final scene, is it Kyle and Kathy showing up with a gift of Samsonite? 

That was awful. I had forgotten.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

To save you 25 minutes of cringe, I will summarize:

We begin with the sisters sitting around on couches discussing the plight of the BH homeless folks. What if they could just give them jobs, say, washing dishes at the HIlton? Wouldn't that be great? Well, maybe we can start by feeding them.

LOL. definitely one of the most awkward vignettes ever -- in fact, were there a Name Your Top 5 Most Cringe-worthy HWs Moments, this would definitely be on my list, along with Tamra in the bathtub attempting to seduce a wine-guzzling Eddie, and Ramona in a negligee trying mightily to, um, cultivate Mario. No idea what else I'd add -- there are too many from which to pick.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, SCS said:

LOL. definitely one of the most awkward vignettes ever -- in fact, were there a Name Your Top 5 Most Cringe-worthy HWs Moments, this would definitely be on my list, along with Tamra in the bathtub attempting to seduce a wine-guzzling Eddie, and Ramona in a negligee trying mightily to, um, cultivate Mario. No idea what else I'd add -- there are too many from which to pick.

All of those scenes mentioned led to second hand embarrassment for me. That no longer happens when I watch these shows. This clip though still embarrasses me. It is dreadful. Now I don't like Kyle again.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Does anyone else think that the woman hanging off Mauricio in this video looks very masculine?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BravoRealHousewives/comments/86o47l/this_is_why_you_dont_come_between_kyle_and_her/

I don't blame Kyle.  I think what really set her over the edge was that her daughter was trying to break that up.  I think Mauricio wanted out but at the same time he didn't want to cause a scene.  Kyle went in hot (good for her) and Mauricio congratulated her by saying that was good.

Where is that clip from?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

I don't blame Kyle.  I think what really set her over the edge was that her daughter was trying to break that up.  I think Mauricio wanted out but at the same time he didn't want to cause a scene.  Kyle went in hot (good for her) and Mauricio congratulated her by saying that was good.

Where is that clip from?

Season 1 White Party.  It is at the first house they lived in.  I think it was in the Lost footage. Episode 16.  There is also a great scene of Kyle literally clearing the sides of Portia's crib and jumping in with her after she is awaken by Taylor crying.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

Ta-da!!

Kyle is a pretty lady and didn't realize she was self-conscious about her smile.  I hope with larger teeth it doesn't mean she will go Taylor with her lips.

• Love 4