Type keyword(s) to search

Kyle Richards: Pantene Poster Girl

• Start Topic

Geez, that’s really sad. I hope they have photos and maybe even serial numbers.

I 100% agree that it’s a very unwise idea to post that you’re out of town all over your social media for this very reason, but it seems that there were so many factors that allowed this to happen. To sit around blaming Kyle (as some apparently are doing?) instead of, I don’t know, the crooks?, is kind of cruel.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

More about the break-in, seems they stole Kyle's jewelry/purses as well. Oh, and the dogs were away at obedience school!  http://tamaratattles.com/2017/12/30/burglars-stole-all-of-kyle-richards-jewelry-and-handbags/

Oh that is sad-no more tours of the RH's closets.  I would think they would have a hard time fencing some of the stuff.  Hopefully, the will catch the perpetrators and Kyle will get some or all of her stuff back.

4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I thought of the same exact thing. Also notable was that Paris' home was unlocked every time it was burglarized. I would hope that Kyle and Mauricio learned that lesson, but perhaps not.

Well the thieves apparently broke a window so it sounds like the house was locked or the thieves didn't check the doors. I get frustrated when the burglary victim is blamed-it is age old-you don't take stuff that doesn't belong to you.  This comment is certainly not directed at you. I lock my house when I am home but leave it unlocked when I am gone.  Not a very rational reason but I worry if my house were to catch on fire the dog couldn't get out -a dog door is out of the question because of her size.  I know it doesn't make sense.  Of course I also worry about some scumbag letting my dog out-in spite of her massive size she is really friendly and does discern between friends and strangers.   

Just a question for all the wise folks out there-it would seem the neighborhood might have security cameras-maybe they can rule out certain vehicles, did the thieves bring their own ladder?  I don't know-I guess I just feel bad for her since so much of her loot was heirloom.  I guess she should have followed mom's pattern and kept the jewels in a mayonnaise jar.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

More about the break-in, seems they stole Kyle's jewelry/purses as well. Oh, and the dogs were away at obedience school!  http://tamaratattles.com/2017/12/30/burglars-stole-all-of-kyle-richards-jewelry-and-handbags/

Good grief. I have a nice collection of jewelry and designer bags that I’ve accumulated over the years and I’m sure my collection is minuscule compared to Kyle’s. But, even I have enough sense to have installed a combination safe that is cemented into the floor of my closet that is covered with carpet and virtually undetectable unless you know where to look and would be pretty hard to get into if you did find it unless you knew the combination. Expensive pieces are in the safe if I’m not wearing them. Plus, I have a lock on my walk-in closet that I always use when I leave the house. Finally, I also have a security system that I can set remotely. She has a lock box? They forgot to confirm the house was secure? Just makes me SMH.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, AntAnn said:

Good grief. I have a nice collection of jewelry and designer bags that I’ve accumulated over the years and I’m sure my collection is minuscule compared to Kyle’s. But, even I have enough sense to have installed a combination safe that is cemented into the floor of my closet that is covered with carpet and virtually undetectable unless you know where to look and would be pretty hard to get into if you did find it unless you knew the combination. Expensive pieces are in the safe if I’m not wearing them. Plus, I have a lock on my walk-in closet that I always use when I leave the house. Finally, I also have a security system that I can set remotely. She has a lock box? They forgot to confirm the house was secure? Just makes me SMH.

Yeah I'm kinda surprised these people don't use more precautions. Not blaming them at all, I'm just befuddled. If I had those kinds of assets, I'd do all of the above AND hire K9 security (cause no one wants bit by a German shepherd). I know Kyle has a shepherd but it wasn't home at the time. 

I hope they get the dirtbags and that she gets her things back. Assholes gonna get shot one of these times and they'll have it coming. 

• Love 3

Not owning a Birkin or really having any desire to-I am curious-do they have serial numbers or anything?  I would think trying to resell the bags might prove difficult but hey I don;t get the prices paid for the bags to begin with-their choice not a condemnation.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Not owning a Birkin or really having any desire to-I am curious-do they have serial numbers or anything?  I would think trying to resell the bags might prove difficult but hey I don;t get the prices paid for the bags to begin with-their choice not a condemnation.

I was curious too. I found these articles. I doesn't look like they have serial numbers, but they do seem to have some sort of letter and number system.

https://www.racked.com/2017/1/2/14149614/fake-handbags

https://www.1stdibs.com/blogs/the-study/counterfeit-hermes-birkin-bag/

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I was curious too. I found these articles. I doesn't look like they have serial numbers, but they do seem to have some sort of letter and number system.

https://www.racked.com/2017/1/2/14149614/fake-handbags

https://www.1stdibs.com/blogs/the-study/counterfeit-hermes-birkin-bag/

Thanks- I noticed Chanel comes with some kind of certificate of authenticity-so maybe Kyle and/or her staff will be able to identify.  I am quite certain by now-Kyle's stash of goods is on its way to a foreign country.  I doubt she will ever recover the real goods.

• Love 3

Allllll her handbags! That sucks! I was stolen( I totally knew the person) from and they took a weird variety of good jewelry. The things I was most upset about was my original wedding set and family stuff I can never replace. 

• Love 4

What's the story with Kyle anyway?  I thought they just bought a new house a couple of seasons ago, and I didn't think it was nearly as pretty as the house they sold.  In the meantime, I've heard a couple of references to Kyle buying a new house.  Every time the subject comes up, I get confused about where they are.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Lura said:

What's the story with Kyle anyway?  I thought they just bought a new house a couple of seasons ago, and I didn't think it was nearly as pretty as the house they sold.  In the meantime, I've heard a couple of references to Kyle buying a new house.  Every time the subject comes up, I get confused about where they are.

They have been in the same house since filming began until this season, they just remodeled/redecorated it over the years. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Lura said:

The new house you are referring to from a couple of seasons ago might be the vacation home they purchased in Palm Springs. 

• Love 3
On 12/30/2017 at 8:39 PM, Kokapetl said:

The dogs were at an obedience boarding school for a five week course

Yeah I was like those dogs are bad! But I think it's rich people code for 'we be traveling.' To alleviate pet owners guilt I'm sure it cost thousands of dollars. 

• Love 4

Geez, I had such a busy Christmas that I missed Luann's arrest, and Kyle's buglary. How awful for Kyle. I have a safe in the floor of my closet that is bolted to the floor and covered up - even then I worry about being burglarized only because there are pieces I have inherited, and pretty much all of my jewelry has sentimental value. For Kyle, if it is an inside job that makes it even more heartbreaking. I hope she is able to recover some, though it seems unlikely.

Did the robbery of Kim K ever get solved? 

• Love 1

I don't know anything about Kim K. (and don't really care to!).  :)  Seriously, I know that was a big robbery, but I don't know the outcome.

No, the Kyle house I'm talking about was not the Palm Springs house.  I know that one pretty well.  The one I'm talking about liking was the first house I knew of, the one where what's-her-name and her husband Russell got kicked out of the White Party.  Then they moved to a second house that we didn't like as much.  My question is, did they buy a third house, or is the one they're refurbishing still the second house?

With all the money I assume Mauricio makes, and Kyle with her store, I thought they'd sometime move to Beverly Park where they'd be closer to LisaV and Adriene.

While I'm at it, I want to thank those of you who have been so nice to answer my questions and fill in the blanks for me since I left for a time.  It means A LOT to me.  You know who you are.  XO

Now, what was the name of the oddball who was married to Russell, who hanged himself (or hung himself) or done himself in?  She married the El Creepo from Colorado.  Ewww, she was a mess!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Lura said:

I don't know anything about Kim K. (and don't really care to!).  :)  Seriously, I know that was a big robbery, but I don't know the outcome.

No, the Kyle house I'm talking about was not the Palm Springs house.  I know that one pretty well.  The one I'm talking about liking was the first house I knew of, the one where what's-her-name and her husband Russell got kicked out of the White Party.  Then they moved to a second house that we didn't like as much.  My question is, did they buy a third house, or is the one they're refurbishing still the second house?

With all the money I assume Mauricio makes, and Kyle with her store, I thought they'd sometime move to Beverly Park where they'd be closer to LisaV and Adriene.

While I'm at it, I want to thank those of you who have been so nice to answer my questions and fill in the blanks for me since I left for a time.  It means A LOT to me.  You know who you are.  XO

Now, what was the name of the oddball who was married to Russell, who hanged himself (or hung himself) or done himself in?  She married the El Creepo from Colorado.  Ewww, she was a mess!

Here is the history of Kyle's residences while appearing on the show:

First season, modern style home in Bel Air with a view.  There was a white party.  Filming was late 2009 through June of 2010 and the show premiered in October 2010.

Second Season, the traditional home in Bel Air.  There was a white party where the Armstrongs were turned away.  Taylor was the RH who appeared on the show as a full time RH Seasons 1 through 3. Kyle bought the new house in January of 2011, filming began in mid spring and concluded in August 2011 with the wedding of LVP's daughter.  Armstrong committed suicide days before the wedding.  The Season 2 aired beginning September 5, 2011.  Just days after they filmed the wedding.

Kyle and Mauricio continued to live in the Bel Air home until they moved to Encino in November of 2017.  So Seasons 2 through 8 Kyle was filmed in Bel Air house number 2.

The Palm Desert area home was shown in Season 1.  Kim, Kyle, Mauruico and LVP and Ken were filmed in the home-which was quite small.  It was the subject of Kim and her rantings Season 1 of  "my goddamn house."  The transaction surrounding the transfer of the home was finally addressed in Season 5, when a jealous Kim again accused Kyle of using the proceeds of the sale "goddamn house" to finance her new home in La Quinta.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/videos/old-wounds-resurface-between-the-richards Actually Kyle and Mauricio lost money on the house and were kind enough to cut Kim's daughter in on a commission on the sale of the home. .  The La Quinta home was also featured in the Season 6 finale.    Kyle addresses the house issue in her blog Season 5.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/kyle-richards/kyle-this-is-a-side-of-kim-i 

Taylor Armstrong is now neighbors with Vicki Gunvalson from RHOC.  https://www.inquisitr.com/4156165/vicki-gunvalson-welcomes-taylor-armstrong-to-coto-de-caza-filming-rhoc-instead-of-rhobh/

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Lura said:

To ZM's point above, Kyle and Mauricio have only lived in two houses on the show. The first one for only the first season. The house you are talking about - where Taylor was asked to leave the party - is the house they live in currently (currently on the show - the one they are renovating). They have since moved, but we haven't seen the new house yet. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gundysgirl said:

To ZM's point above, Kyle and Mauricio have only lived in two houses on the show. The first one for only the first season. The house you are talking about - where Taylor was asked to leave the party - is the house they live in currently (currently on the show - the one they are renovating). They have since moved, but we haven't seen the new house yet. 

I am wondering if at the end of the season they will show Kyle and Mauricio moving to Encino.  At one time LVP made jokes about Brandi living in Encino.  I believe she said she needed a passport to go to the Valley.   

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, msblossom said:

If I were Kyle I'd purchase a lot of the furniture that the home is staged with and not let the tackiness that is Faye Resnick anywhere near the home's aesthetic.

Kyle's youngest. largest dog at least found the furniture "tasty" if not tasteful.  Apparently she was a couch snacker.

48 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Kyle's youngest. largest dog at least found the furniture "tasty" if not tasteful.  Apparently she was a couch snacker.

Hopefully the 5 week doggy retreat had a positive impact on her and she's no longer a "couch snacker", lol. I adore all of Kyle's bevy of pups, they're quite good looking too!

• Love 4
On 1/8/2018 at 11:00 AM, msblossom said:

Hopefully the 5 week doggy retreat had a positive impact on her and she's no longer a "couch snacker", lol. I adore all of Kyle's bevy of pups, they're quite good looking too!

they are the real stars of BH. I would watch 30 minutes every week of just BH pet footage. Kyle's dogs are delightful!

• Love 5
On 1/3/2018 at 6:48 PM, howiveaddict said:

http://www.theagencyre.com/listing/sl1705806-traditional-bel-air-estate/

The listing for Kyle's house. Unfortunately no pictures of Bambi , but I looked closely. She does have a beware of dog sign on her fence.  If you google map for her house,it is decorated for Halloween on street view.  And no I am not a stalker!

The old floors were so much better.  There's an open house this weekend.  I'm kind of but not really thinking about going to lookee-loo but I'm not a big enough stalker so I'll just go to the football party I was invited to instead.

On 1/3/2018 at 7:42 PM, Double A said:

Yeah I was like those dogs are bad! But I think it's rich people code for 'we be traveling.' To alleviate pet owners guilt I'm sure it cost thousands of dollars. 

I've sent mine to training like that, but only for a week.  If you're already going to be boarding them for a vacation it isn't that much more to have them trained while they are there and I had one that was a bit of an asshole and needed it and I was going to Hawaii so why not spend a little extra and have her work on her problems while there?  She's a lot better now, so it was worth it.  

• Love 3
On 11/01/2018 at 11:41 PM, zoeysmom said:

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/10/kyle-richards-breaks-silence-on-unspeakable-home-invasion/

I didn't realize the housekeeper was in the home the night of the break in.  Glad she is okay.

How sad is it someone took the children's baby bracelets.  

So both Kyle and Mauricio received automated messages on their phones alerting them that their house was being burgled, but they both chose not to believe it?

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

So both Kyle and Mauricio received automated messages on their phones alerting them that their house was being burgled, but they both chose not to believe it?

Who doesn't have the new security system checked out, including for remote access?  And if she had $1MM in jewelry, at least some of that needed to be at the bank and/or they needed a real safe in the house.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

Who doesn't have the new security system checked out, including for remote access?  And if she had $1MM in jewelry, at least some of that needed to be at the bank and/or they needed a real safe in the house.

Kyle is not very smart. If she wasn't paying an exorbitant amount for the insurance, the insurance won’t be paying out.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

When Erika, LVP and Kyle were asked on the Today Show if they walked the house dripping in diamonds, LVP wisely commented hers were in a bank vault.  Kyle said hers were stolen.  Initially it was reported that Mauricio's watch collection was stolen and then slowly it was revealed it was the jewelry and purses.  I was wondering if the value far exceeded the original $1 million dollar estimate.

There are a couple of explanations the major one being they had their housekeeper staying in the house, if I were in Aspen and got an alarm alert, I would think the housekeeper staying in the home would be aware-I believe she was the one who discovered the burglary.  I also wondered why they didn't have an alarm company monitoring the system. I also am curious if perhaps the alarm failure may have been associated with the alarm company and the Umanskys just didn't bring it up publicly.   A quote from Kyle in Architectural Digest (didn't realize they had a crime beat section).  1882, features seven bedrooms and eight bathrooms and sits beThey later discovered that a faulty panel had rendered their remote alarm system ineffective, allowing an intruder to break into their home and raid their closets. Upon seeing images from the break-in later on, Richards “was just devastated. To think someone came in your home and ransacked something like that? It’s unspeakable.” 

With Teddi's husband owning one I would think he would have a built in clientele from the show:  

Arroyave’s company, Skyline Security Management Inc., began in 2004, and within a few years, earned recognition in the industry. Located in Downey, California, the company maintains and monitors security system devices like burglar and fire alarms. A perfect solution for those expensive Beverly Hills homes!  When asked what made him get into the security industry, Arroyave said, “I love the money part of it. But I also saw the demand for it. Growing up in Huntington Park, I saw many burglaries, and I just felt good about being able to do something. I honestly felt like I was protecting clients and helping them avoid a burglary from happening.”

I despise the premise that one has to keep their valuables under lock and key.  It would be like having an expensive painting and only being able to visit it in the bank vault.  Mostly I hate giving criminals a pass because the victim didn't do enough to keep them out of my home, me bedroom and my closet.  Here is an after the fact guide about preventing burglaries:  https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/kyle-richards-new-home-burglarized/

So I am confused the closet alarm when activated only alerts the home owner-not the alarm company?  

• Love 2