Type keyword(s) to search

Kyle Richards: Pantene Poster Girl

• Start Topic

First world problems.  Meanwhile, I'm stressing about losing my tiny not-so-white teeth to decay, old age and lack of affordable dental care.

You were beautiful just the way you were, Kyle.  I'm sorry you can't see it.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Higgins said:

I think she looked better before. It changed her mouth completely. 

Mein Gott, they're beyond white.

It looks like they've been built out as well as lengthened. Well, she said in her posting --

They were just small and didn’t really show when I smiled 

This, clearly, is no longer a problem.

Edited by SCS
  • Love 9

Her veneers look awful. They look like fake teeth. They're too white and the teeth are too close together, like they're all connected. Hillary Duff's teeth were worse in that they didn't fit her mouth (although I think she got them redone and they look better now) but they actually looked more like real teeth (color, shape of the actual teeth, etc.). I never noticed anything wrong with Kyle's old teeth or smile.

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 11

Since she was concerned that not enough of her top teeth were showing, it would only get worse over time.  As we age, the upper lip tends to drop and you start to see more of a person's lower teeth.  If it makes her feel better about her smile, then good for her!  

• Love 3

OK - I digress, but I swear this will come back to the Kyle tooth topic ...

When I was a little girl (a loooong time ago) I knocked out my bottom two front teeth (an entirely different story involving some excitement about my favorite swans).  The dental surgeon pulled one, and capped the other - THE longest lasting and unreplaced dental crown in history (why, yes, I am THAT old, and have had THAT many crowns replaced!).  He tried to approximate what my "adult" teeth might grow up to be.  It is still the biggest fattest tooth at the tip of my tongue, I kid you not.  Everything about me grew - except my teeth.   :-)

Veneers just make me think of all the root canals and apicoectomies waiting to erupt under all that nice pretty whiteness.  Think about it, Kyle.  Your children and Mauricio (and a good part of your audience) loves you.  Why fuck it up with fake teeth before you really need to?

Even if I could afford it, I would steer clear of Beverly Hills dentists.  And surgeons.  And cosmetologists.  And psychics.

I'll just fanwank on the pets, and try to make Police/War Dogs the next   cause célèbre, since a couple of Kyle's doggies might have filled that bill.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

When I was a little girl (a loooong time ago) I knocked out my bottom two front teeth (an entirely different story involving some excitement about my favorite swans).  The dental surgeon pulled one, and capped the other - THE longest lasting and unreplaced dental crown in history (why, yes, I am THAT old, and have had THAT many crowns replaced!). 

I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that.  Ouch!   In all of my years of being in the dental profession, crowns on the lower anterior teeth are some of the most difficult to make  look proportional.  Those teeth can be so small, and it can be tricky for the lab to get it just right.  I've seen upper anterior teeth that look like Chiclets!  Not the look the person was going for!   

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 3

I can't say I really remembered what Kyle looked like before, so I googled to bring up some pics. It seems like in most of them, Kyle was smiling closed mouthed. So maybe the reason she looks so different with her new teeth to me is I never really saw her smiling with her old teeth? 

While googling one of the pics that came up was of Kyle with Portia last December at a Disney Alice premiere. I was surprised to see how bad Portia's teeth are, as I never really noticed on the show. Her incisors are high and crooked. I am not sure what can be done about that, but it seems like these days corrective measures as done on kids younger than when I was a kid. (I was 13 when I got braces but that was 47 years go). A poster like ChitChat would likely know what if anything could be done for Portia's teeth since Portia is 10 now. 

Edited to add - when I see both stars and "regular" people these days with blinding white teeth, I am reminded of the Friends episode where Ross is whitening his teeth and falls asleep, waking up with blinding white teeth. Twenty years later, what was funny then is almost the norm now. Though still funny in many cases. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

A poster like ChitChat would likely know what if anything could be done for Portia's teeth since she is 10 now. 

Thanks for the mention.  I work for a general dentist, but have seen my share of ortho issues.  Somebody who works in an ortho office will probably have more answers than me!

From what I've seen,  some orthodontists like to wait until more of the child's permanent teeth are in before putting braces on.  Most won't do it if they still have a lot of baby teeth left to lose.  At age 10, Portia probably still has about 12 baby teeth in there (she should get her cuspids and bicuspids/pre-molars around age 11, then she'll have the 12-year molars to come in.)    Some orthodontists, depending on the severity of the case, will start "guiding treatment" with a child from an early age, but keeps them out of full braces until they reach the growth spurt from about age 11-14.  Every orthodontist is different in what he/she recommends though.  It also depends on if it's a child who has a narrow arch that needs to be opened up; or if there's a crossbite involved; or there's an overjet or overbite.   There are so many different issues with the growth of the jaw, so that goes into consideration on whether to start ortho or other appliances early or not.   They may be waiting on her to get more of her permanent teeth in so she won't be in braces too long.  I'm sure they'll have her smile perfect by the time she's ready for high school!  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

A poster like ChitChat would likely know what if anything could be done for Portia's teeth since she is 10 now. 

Please tell me I’m not the only one who read this and thought it was saying that ChitChat was 10 years old!! ?

• Love 9
4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Thanks for the mention.  I work for a general dentist, but have seen my share of ortho issues.  Somebody who works in an ortho office will probably have more answers than me!

From what I've seen,  some orthodontists like to wait until more of the child's permanent teeth are in before putting braces on.  Most won't do it if they still have a lot of baby teeth left to lose.  At age 10, Portia probably still has about 12 baby teeth in there (she should get her cuspids and bicuspids/pre-molars around age 11, then she'll have the 12-year molars to come in.)    Some orthodontists, depending on the severity of the case, will start "guiding treatment" with a child from an early age, but keeps them out of full braces until they reach the growth spurt from about age 11-14.  Every orthodontist is different in what he/she recommends though.  It also depends on if it's a child who has a narrow arch that needs to be opened up; or if there's a crossbite involved; or there's an overjet or overbite.   There are so many different issues with the growth of the jaw, so that goes into consideration on whether to start ortho or other appliances early or not.   They may be waiting on her to get more of her permanent teeth in so she won't be in braces too long.  I'm sure they'll have her smile perfect by the time she's ready for high school!  

Very interesting CHITCHAT. It does seem like any child I know these days who has braces has them much younger than I did. I also got them on in grade 8, and didn't get the permanent braces off until grade 11. I then was wearing a retainer through grades 12 and 13, and didn't stop until I went to college, and that was only because I was at that point far away from my orthodontist and sick of wearing any type of braces. I hope these days the process is much shorter for those kids who need them! 

• Love 1

I’m not a dentist or an orthodontist but I had a retainer at 7 or 8 years old but I don’t know if it would help (or would of helped) Portia’s teeth. I know a few kids that had them at that age or a little older. 

ETA: I don’t think Kyle’s veneers would look that bad if the teeth themselves didn’t look so fake. I, too, think of the Friends episode when Ross over whitened his teeth. They’re too white and not properly spaced. They don’t look natural at all. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 5

Ha! All this tooth talk, lol. Personally, I think she was starting to look a little jowly, which is expected at her age. There is nothing wrong with jowls, btw. Plus, we’ve all discussed how aging her long hair was. There’s nothing wrong with long hair, btw. However,  it wouldn’t surprise me if she also had a lower facelift or and fillers in the cheeks, along with the veneers to restore youthfulness. She’s been so adamant about being afraid and against needles and such, but I suspect she’s had some facial work done. There is nothing wrong with fillers or a facelift (unless you are KZB and take it too far) btw. Calling attention to her new hair and teeth might be a way to deflect scrutiny. Or...maybe she just cut her hair and had veneers placed. OMG! I need a life!

• Love 6
11 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I hope these days the process is much shorter for those kids who need them! 

Even though I've never worked in an ortho office, we make the referrals and then get the ortho's letter back with all of the treatment listed.  It's pretty interesting to read. They have to consider so much when coming up with a treatment plan, from jaw structure, to how the teeth are lining up, and will there be enough room for all of the permanent teeth, and how they'll guide things to make room for those teeth, or if all of the permanents are in, how to move things to make everything work, and considering how it affects the jaw joints.  

I think they start them early in some cases if a problem is severe enough, or if they're trying to move the teeth so that there's not so much to correct if they wait until later.  My son was put in ortho on his upper teeth sooner than the lowers because some of those upper teeth were way out of alignment!

I wish that back in my day the orthodontist would've been using the permanent bonded wire on the lower anteriors after braces instead of having to wear the removable kind.  I never could keep the lower one in!  Teeth have a memory (as my dentist says).  They want to go back to where they were.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, AntAnn said:

However,  it wouldn’t surprise me if she also had a lower facelift or and fillers in the cheeks, along with the veneers to restore youthfulness. She’s been so adamant about being afraid and against needles and such, but I suspect she’s had some facial work done.

Hey, Nassif does great work. ;-) 

I did a lot of comparing pictures too, and I think you are likely correct. 

• Love 3

I like Kyle's new hair length and think it's the best thing she's done for herself in a long time.  That severe comb-back and long, long ponytail were so outdated.  I just hope that she doesn't overdo the face and teeth work like so many do in Hollywood when they reach a certain age.  It usually winds up accomplishing nothing but making the woman appear older because of all the "corrections" the surgery has made.  I really believe that Kyle would do well to slow down on the "updates," -- especially the dental work -- wear flattering hair styles and makeup, and allow her natural beauty to do the rest.  Kyle is a pretty woman, and she shouldn't try (like so many others) to look like she did in college.

Judging from my own experience with braces (ages 14-16), Portia seems a little bit young yet to get started down that road.  There is no rush.  She has plenty of time yet to have all of the ortho work done during high school before she begins college with brand new, straight teeth and a beautiful smile.  (I remember how excited I was when the braces came off!)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Long Spot said:

Hey, Nassif does great work. ;-) 

I did a lot of comparing pictures too, and I think you are likely correct. 

Nassif’s ex-wife is a full blown cat lady, and Nassif’s nose is pretty bad. I wouldn’t trust him to know what looks good. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Nassif’s ex-wife is a full blown cat lady, and Nassif’s nose is pretty bad. I wouldn’t trust him to know what looks good. 

Kokapetl-you just gave examples of two people Paul didn't work on.  ;-D.  Paul kind of specializes in ethnic nose jobs.  I thought he did a good job on Kyle's MIL facelift. 

• Love 4

I like Kyle's haircut!  Her hair is beautiful long or short, but it's nice to see a different style for a change.   She reminds of a former co-worker of mine who had very long black hair.  She would sit around and stroke it all of the time (the way Kyle does on the show,) and I'd see those long strands of hair everywhere in the office.  That grosses me out, especially when I found them in the office kitchen or when I'd see it happening when we all went out to lunch.   Yuk!  YMMV.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DeeplyShallow said:

They said that they need 8 of their top teeth in and their molars. I do see 3rd & 4th graders with braces all the time at school.

Some kids get their bicuspids/pre-molars and cuspids in sooner than the normal 11ish age.  I've seen some a bit younger than that with all of their permanent teeth in, except for the 12 year molars.  It always surprises me to look in a young kid's mouth and see no baby teeth!  Many of them still have about 9-12 baby teeth in there at age 10.  Everybody is different though.  Six-year molars don't necessarily come in at that age.  Some are earlier, and some are later.  The charts of when permanent teeth come in is just a general one.  As we're all aware, there's no set time for these things!   Seems like these kids are developing so much earlier in other ways than my generation did.  

• Love 1

I was full metal mouth by mid-6th grade. I was an early bloomer, but I don't know if teeth are associated with what we think of as regular puberty. Hopefully, Portia's molars come in sooner rather than later so they can get going on her braces. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/31/2018 at 2:28 PM, Lura said:

I like Kyle's new hair length and think it's the best thing she's done for herself in a long time.  That severe comb-back and long, long ponytail were so outdated.  I just hope that she doesn't overdo the face and teeth work like so many do in Hollywood when they reach a certain age.  It usually winds up accomplishing nothing but making the woman appear older because of all the "corrections" the surgery has made.  I really believe that Kyle would do well to slow down on the "updates," -- especially the dental work -- wear flattering hair styles and makeup, and allow her natural beauty to do the rest.  Kyle is a pretty woman, and she shouldn't try (like so many others) to look like she did in college.

Judging from my own experience with braces (ages 14-16), Portia seems a little bit young yet to get started down that road.  There is no rush.  She has plenty of time yet to have all of the ortho work done during high school before she begins college with brand new, straight teeth and a beautiful smile.  (I remember how excited I was when the braces came off!)

Honestly, she is so much more attractive today because of her numerous cosmetic procedures.

this is what she looked like after her first nose job.(top picture).

Her teeth were fine imo(bottom picture)

Right now, she is one procedure away to resemble a brunette Kim Zolciak, imo.

D2764205-1880-48B6-A146-7EEED86A96EE.jpeg

FCF5532C-40A0-4035-B93E-982A697DD2F4.jpeg

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 6
On 30/03/2018 at 9:51 AM, walnutqueen said:

OK - I digress, but I swear this will come back to the Kyle tooth topic ...

When I was a little girl (a loooong time ago) I knocked out my bottom two front teeth (an entirely different story involving some excitement about my favorite swans).  The dental surgeon pulled one, and capped the other - THE longest lasting and unreplaced dental crown in history (why, yes, I am THAT old, and have had THAT many crowns replaced!).  He tried to approximate what my "adult" teeth might grow up to be.  It is still the biggest fattest tooth at the tip of my tongue, I kid you not.  Everything about me grew - except my teeth.   :-)

Veneers just make me think of all the root canals and apicoectomies waiting to erupt under all that nice pretty whiteness.  Think about it, Kyle.  Your children and Mauricio (and a good part of your audience) loves you.  Why fuck it up with fake teeth before you really need to?

Even if I could afford it, I would steer clear of Beverly Hills dentists.  And surgeons.  And cosmetologists.  And psychics.

I'll just fanwank on the pets, and try to make Police/War Dogs the next   cause célèbre, since a couple of Kyle's doggies might have filled that bill.

Are you saying getting veneers causes the need for root canals and apicoectomies (ngl had to look that up) UGH. No thanks! 

Also to to amend my earlier statement that whatever she did to her face made her look older, I just saw the pic of her in the green shirt and her unveiling of her teeth (I read from last page back to wherever I left off) and she looks really good in that one, refreshed as they say ...

Maybe the pic of Mauricio Portia and the dog photo bomber is a terrible angle? 

4 hours ago, Kalamityjayne said:

Are you saying getting veneers causes the need for root canals and apicoectomies (ngl had to look that up) UGH. No thanks! 

Oh no, not at all.  I was just surmising that the root canals and apicoectomies that are an inevitable part of my future would probably mess up any veneers I'd be foolish enough to waste my money on.  :-(

• Love 3

Who does Kyle think she is to invite trashy Kim Z to be on RHOBH? I’m appalled...but on second thought, Dorito might have fun with the proper red solo cup protocol. Lol. 

If Kim ZB or whatever her name is for this 15 minutes of fame is invited on to RHOBH, I will never, ever watch it again. Serious side eye to Kyle for that comment. 

Edited by AntAnn
  • Love 10
On 4/27/2018 at 10:21 PM, AntAnn said:

Who does Kyle think she is to invite trashy Kim Z to be on RHOBH? I’m appalled...but on second thought, Dorito might have fun with the proper red solo cup protocol. Lol. 

If Kim ZB or whatever her name is for this 15 minutes of fame is invited on to RHOBH, I will never, ever watch it again. Serious side eye to Kyle for that comment. 

Wait, where did Kyle say that?

In any case, I’m confident that therrr is zero chance that Kim Z will ever be invited to be on Beverly Hills.

Less than zero, in fact. 

• Love 1
On 3/9/2018 at 7:29 AM, zoeysmom said:

Another interesting thing-I don't believe Mauricio is named in the suit.  I am wondering if Kyle bought it specifically for Kim or had it as an investment property.  As much as these sisters tussle I am curious what side perfect sister Kathy comes down on.  I can honestly see Kyle feeling she has a duty to make sure Kim has a roof over her head and this breach had to have hurt.

Do Kyle and Mauricio have separate assets? I remember Kyle saying they didn’t have a pre-nup because neither of them had enough money when they got married for it to matter(I think Mauricio was her great rebellion. If I remember correctly she left a very successful fiancé for Mauricio, who was still building his career. I doubt this was a Richards approved move. As much as I dislike Kyle, I believe her and Mauricio married each other out of love and still do love and respect each other. I find their relationship very sweet actually). They’ve also been married for close 20ish (I think. Kyle is 49 and I think she was still in her 20s when they got married) years in a community property state so would it matter who’s name was on the lawsuit? I’m not a lawyer. Can someone help me out?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Do Kyle and Mauricio have separate assets? I remember Kyle saying they didn’t have a pre-nup because neither of them had enough money when they got married for it to matter(I think Mauricio was her great rebellion. If I remember correctly she left a very successful fiancé for Mauricio, who was still building his career. I doubt this was a Richards approved move. As much as I dislike Kyle, I believe her and Mauricio married each other out of love and still do love and respect each other. I find their relationship very sweet actually). They’ve also been married for close 20ish (I think. Kyle is 49 and I think she was still in her 20s when they got married) years in a community property state so would it matter who’s name was on the lawsuit? I’m not a lawyer. Can someone help me out?

When a plaintiff sues they sue the property owners-who then turn it over to their homeowner's insurance carrier.   The settlement comes from the insurance carrier not the homeowner.  I don't know whether or not Mauricio was named.  As married people, one can acquire property and then have a waiver from a spouse as to the subject property being part of the community.  If it was determined that Kyle's carrier was not responsible for payment, i.e., the policy specifically excludes pit bulls, like most home owner's policy have restriction on certain breeds, and it was a multi-million dollar verdict Kyle's community property would be subject to lien.   In effect Mauricio was on the line.

Kyle was engaged to a much older news anchor when she met Mauricio.  I don't know that Mauricio was her great rebellion, but they married when Kyle was pregnant and they were both transitioning careers.   

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

More doggy reform school?

Storm is so cute, but they are going to be in big trouble if she (?) never figures out who's boss.  Bambi is so precious.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/11/2018 at 1:16 AM, Kalamityjayne said:

Her hair looks great but whatever she did to her face makes her look older imo.

I think it is in the eyes, they look different.

On 5/1/2018 at 9:36 AM, FozzyBear said:

(I think Mauricio was her great rebellion. If I remember correctly she left a very successful fiancé for Mauricio, who was still building his career. I doubt this was a Richards approved move. As much as I dislike Kyle, I believe her and Mauricio married each other out of love and still do love and respect each other. I find their relationship very sweet actually). 

I agree for the most part that Kyle and Mauricio married out of love but I think he may have also liked her Hilton connections.  He seems like he likes to be seen, and he may have been able to get a hotter woman.  Not that Kyle is ugly, but she is not LA hot.  

Re American Woman - I have Dish (I love it!), but I don't think I have the Paramount network.  I was looking forward to watching, and then ripping it to shreds!  Is there a forum for it here?

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 2