Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right thread, so moderators, please slap my hand gently if I'm not.

Did anyone else catch the First Look for this week's episode this morning?

So much fun in one episode.  Ryan copping to using HGH purchased off the street.

Vicki choking on a big old piece of meat (insert your own pun here, please.  I certainly did).

The family portrait sessions with both Shannon and Heather.  I'm beginning to think those 2 might have a lot more in common than they realize.

Now the countdown until the episode...  

Edited by Persnickety1

This was a hilarious first look. I loved the editors cutting between Shannon and Heather wondering why they can't just get along. Must be because we're too different! As they 're acting exactly the same!

How many times can Brianna mention her mom doesn't help her in CA? Jesus. It's your kid. You do it. And is $400,000 their budget or was Brianna just throwing around numbers? That's a pretty big budget for a family in their careers. Wanna bet Vicki is helping with the down payment?

• Love 2
(edited)

This is where the rule about talking with food in your mouth comes from.  Shut up, Vicki, or you'll choke on it!

Perhaps $400,000 is the amount that they qualified for.  If Ryan has been deployed more than once, he has received significant bonuses, so they may have a hefty down payment.  

I sympathize with Brianna; when my babies were small, I longed for help, too.  It's a hard job and you want help. Vicki meddles, but she's useless.  And her constant chorus of "why are you doing this to meeeee" makes me want to slap her hard.  (And I'm non-violent.)

And, Vicki, try not to be so damn rude.  The desk clerk doesn't need to hear that you have a problem with Oklahoma.  

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 4

This is where the rule about talking with food in your mouth comes from. Shut up, Vicki, or you'll choke on it!

Perhaps $400,000 is the amount that they qualified for. If Ryan has been deployed more than once, he has received significant bonuses, so they may have a hefty down payment.

I sympathize with Brianna; when my babies were small, I longed for help, too. It's a hard job and you want help. Vicki meddles, but she's useless. And her constant chorus of "why are you doing this to meeeee" makes me want to slap her hard. (And I'm non-violent.)

And, Vicki, try not to be so damn rude. The desk clerk doesn't need to hear that you have a problem with Oklahoma.

I should sympathize with Brianna. Vicki is a terror and I'd hate to have her as a mom, but ...I just can't. She seems just as self centered as Vicki, just with more social awareness. And her story has changed so many times, just like Vicki. At last years reunion according to Brianna, they were best friends, and Vicki helped all the time with Troy, and Ryan was defending the couch because they are all so close that even family couches must not be disrespected. Now it's this oh no, my mom never helps. I'm all alone. Woe is me! I just don't buy it. I think Brianna doesn't see her mom as much because she's no longer on the show much. Which, by the way, I think is what Brianna is really upset about. And God, the only reason she can come up with that she'll miss her mother, that I think is nuts but as of last season was her best friend, is her mom might babysit for her. I can't help it. I think Brianna is a spoiled bitch. I wonder if the other ladies refused to film with Ryan. I would have.

• Love 4

I should sympathize with Brianna. Vicki is a terror and I'd hate to have her as a mom, but ...I just can't. She seems just as self centered as Vicki, just with more social awareness. And her story has changed so many times, just like Vicki. At last years reunion according to Brianna, they were best friends, and Vicki helped all the time with Troy, and Ryan was defending the couch because they are all so close that even family couches must not be disrespected. Now it's this oh no, my mom never helps. I'm all alone. Woe is me! I just don't buy it. I think Brianna doesn't see her mom as much because she's no longer on the show much. Which, by the way, I think is what Brianna is really upset about. And God, the only reason she can come up with that she'll miss her mother, that I think is nuts but as of last season was her best friend, is her mom might babysit for her. I can't help it. I think Brianna is a spoiled bitch. I wonder if the other ladies refused to film with Ryan. I would have.

I'm with you, Fozzy Bear.  I used to like Brianna as well but since last season (i.e., since she married that controlling, quick-to-anger POS Ryan) she's really turned into an annoying, whiny, entitled little shit.

And no way does Ryan qualify for $400K, no matter how many times he's been deployed.  Either Vicki is helping them or Brianna had money socked away from when she was working.

• Love 1

I was confused about the $400,000 comment too. I have a feeling she going to then say something like......for only $250,000 (I'm just making up a number) you can buy a beautiful new home in Oklahoma.

Has anyone else noticed the smirky grin Brianna seems to always have now? It's like she's in church trying not to laugh. I don't remember her being that weird around the camera before.

Count me as another former Brianna cheerleader that is now gravely disappointed. Sigh.....

• Love 2

As a staff sergeant, Ryan earns $40k - $75k a year. During his deployment, his earnings are TAX FREE.  Plus, he gets re-signing bonuses plus deployment bonuses. Not at all surprised they are looking at $400K homes -- homes near military bases are SUPER easy to sell and prices are high because of the demand, especially if homes have been lost to tornados.

• Love 1

Heather is basically accusing Shannon of doing all of the things she herself is doing.  She really comes across like a psycho.

Yup, that sums it up. It's on camera Heather!

Tamara's son Ryan is such a loser douche bag.

Oh and the other Ryan is a jerk too.

• Love 2

That family dinner in Oklahoma was telling.  Ryan started getting angry and Brianna piped up right away, accusing Vicki of raising her voice.  I think Brianna knows exactly when Ryan is about to get really angry and was basically warning Vicki.  Ryan totally scares me.

• Love 6

Briana is a nurse and if she is working she could be making nearly 100 grand where I live. Probably less in Oklahoma but still good money. A 400 grand house seems reasonable to me.

Yeah I suspect that's the real reason Vicki is worried about them moving. Plus she's always very careful to soothe Ryan's feelings.

Heather is an exhausting person to watch. She nitpicks everything to death. I felt for Shannon. No wonder she had to sit there guzzling her vodka.

I don't care about Tamra's maternal concern over her almost 30 year old moronic monster of a son. Next!

• Love 2

When is someone going to call out Vicki for her hypocrisy on Briana moving away?  Vicki packed up Briana and Michael and moved them how many thousands of miles from their home in IL - away from their father and their grandparents, cousins etc etc.

• Love 6

West coast here so I haven't seem the episode yet.....I can imagine a Mom being sad at her adult kid moving away but in this situation I would think she needs to support her daughter, Brianna has no choice in the matter since her crappy husband is in the military. So support you daughter Vicki and realize Brianna could go to Germany or Japan or somewhere safe.....and much further away.

• Love 2
(edited)

I would be sad if my daughter moved across country, but that is what grown children do.

And Brianna if you don't want Vicki's non sense, then go buy your home and invite Vicki after its all done. Oh, but cameras would not be along.

Vicki choking was priceless. When your family questions if your joking, sad! Saying that I feel for any one choking ( did I just type that?) I have almost choked twice on meat in the last 2 months both times alone , very scary.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

What was all that Gretchen crap Vicki was spewing in her TH?  She was saying she didn't see 'the light' when choking but that Gretchen would be on the other side telling her to go to the light.  So Gretchen is undead?  A vampire?

• Love 1

How many times can Brianna mention her mom doesn't help her in CA? Jesus. It's your kid. You do it.

Brianna can lose me with that bullshit!  They were living with Vicki for at least a year so she needs to shut up with that "mom doesn't help" lie.  Just wait til the new  baby comes and Ryan is deployed and she has to practically raise the two by herself like a single mom.  Oh wait!  Millions of women do it, so still no sympathy from me Brianna.  Shut it! 

What is it with these women placing themselves in the middle of other people's arguments and then complaining about being in the middle of other people's arguments?  First Tamra did it between Shannon and Heather, and now Lizzy does the same thing.  There is a solution you idiots.  It's called minding your own business and letting people handle their own affairs.  Again, shut it!

• Love 3
(edited)

Tamra was so hyper during her doctor's visit, and never allowed the "anti-aging" doctor to finish a sentence.  She didn't seem to want to learn anything, but only wanted to continue shouting that she doesn't want to get old.  She's really so superficial and boring.

I thought Heather's backstage-themed family photo shoot was a bad idea.  Shannon's family photos looked a lot better.  

Edited by Miss February
  • Love 2
(edited)

What was all that Gretchen crap Vicki was spewing in her TH?  She was saying she didn't see 'the light' when choking but that Gretchen would be on the other side telling her to go to the light.  So Gretchen is undead?  A vampire?

I think Vicki was grabbing more than one metaphor at a time.  It was like she started out going for that alleged tunnel of light where someone who's already passed awaits you and beckons you in...Then got herself all fucking confused and it started sounding more like she was describing Gretchen was calling her over to the dark side.

Vicki...She's always just so spazz-tastic.

On the other hand, she makes excellent snarky entertainment for me, so I hope she never changes.  

(BTW, I see lots of familiar names on this board tonight...So let me do my best Vicki imitation and say WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!)

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 6

That meet up for drinks between Heather and Shannon was filled with awkward tension. I felt uncomfortable just watching it, much less if I had been either of them having to sit through it. Shannon seemed to have a  bitch face on from the moment she sat down, no phony happy to see you greeting, no smiling, no letting her guard down. Heather kept interrupting before Shannon was finished speaking her peace, and did she really have to bring up the whole late to the hoedown again? Give it a rest already. Two peas in a pod; shake 'em up in a bag, won't matter which falls out, they are exactly alike. They're identical cousins.

I can't figure out which actress Lizzie's sister, Becky, reminds me of, but I feel like I've seen her doppleganger in some made-for-tv movie.

What can I say about Oklahoma? More awkward tension. It was very telling to me when they were all in the car, and Vicki asked Ryan when he would be getting a "real job". Ryan instantly took offense, understandably so (although I think she meant to say civilian), and proceeded to inform all that there is no more honorable job than the military, or something, I know I'm paraphrasing. I don't disagree that it is honorable, but all of the military men and women that I know tend to show that in their actions rather than verbally saying that they are better than everyone else as does Ryan. He then followed that up by saying something derogatory about being a "salesman". I assume that was a dig at Vicki. I understand that today's youth have no issue voicing their opinions to their elders. I taught my children to speak their minds and opinions as well. The difference is I taught my children that it must be done respectfully. For all of Ryan's talk of respect, and people disrespecting him, he sure doesn't seem to show any respect whatsoever towards his mother-in-law. Now mind you I realize that this is Vicki we are talking about, but still? Really? I have had some difficult and uncomfortable in-law interactions, but I still believe that it is sometimes best to just zip it, especially if you are fighting an endless battle.

• Love 8

I was thinking of Poltergeist with 'the light' reference.  Who knows with Vicki though.

Baby Troy is very comfortable with Vicki so I don't buy Briana's recent assertions that Vicki doesn't help out.

I thought in the first season with Ragey Ryan, he was entertaining joining Vicki's insurance company once he finished his 10 years.

I didn't care for either house they showed us.  The first one reminded me of Casa Olive Garden - that investment house that Jeana was selling for Vicki.  The second one was in the middle of nowhere which if Briana really wants all the neighborhood kids over, it looks like she'll have to drive them.

Sharon is a blonde Heather.  That's not a compliment.

• Love 1

I do understand Vicki's feelings about Brianna moving out of state.  The two of them are very close and it would be very difficult to know she's not going to see her daughter or her grandchildren very often.  She's still trying to control the situation as it's slipping from her grip, and that's not something Vicki is used to having happen.

The scene with Lizzie and her friend learning how to apply make-up at Shannon's house was odd, as was the scene of them riding the elevator while Shannon walked the stairs due to claustrophobia.  It's kind of a slow season so far.

• Love 1

I'm not quite sure why Lizzie is on the show -- yet.  She's nice & sensible.  So is her husband.  He seems like a hard working nice guy.  Are they on the wrong show?  OK, Lizzie has a strong personality, that's for sure.  She's not as dull as Danielle.  But so far I'm not getting why she's there.  Is it just to drive Vicks & Tams nuts & wacko (more than they usually are) cuz she's so much younger & better looking than either of 'em?

I was kinda shocked to see how mellow Ranting Ryan was.  Vicks was maddening.  Non-stop insults to Oklahomans & then insulting everyone in the military.  Nice work, Vicks, you moron.

Heather is maddening.  She's one of those people who will never, ever, ever, ever, ever admit she is wrong.  NEVER!  She'd rather be shot dead by a firing squad than ever admit she's wrong.  But Shannon is exactly the same way.  Wow, Shannon sure had a huge honker!  I could tell she had her nose done.  Both her nose & her chin look very fake & pointy.  Anyone notice how quiet both Lizzie & Danielle got when Shannon was talking about having her nose done?  Maybe cuz they both had their noses done too?

• Love 3

It's all about perception...unless you're on a reality show with cameras.  And I know there are tons of editing tricks, but I don't recall Shannon being "scary angry."  Or angry angry.  I feel like this whole part of the show is missing a step, and it's a bit of a retread (we already did the "I feel isolated" thing with Alexis).  

Tamara is such a concerned mother that, knowing her son has had lifelong body image issues, she hires him to work at her gym.  Not sure I'd do that.  I'm also not sure that if I owned a gym I'd be on television looking for hormones from my doctor to help me look more fit and fight aging.  To me it would undermine the idea that, y'know, you could do those things in my gym.  

Filming over a holiday season was smart in a way (the gatherings are less-contrived), but damn...its kinda boring.  

• Love 7

Anyone notice how quiet both Lizzie & Danielle got when Shannon was talking about having her nose done?  Maybe cuz they both had their noses done too?

I totally noticed that. I think Lizzie got more than her nose done - you can barely tell that she and her sister were related. 

• Love 2

I was in the military and a friend of mine got out and became an insurance salesman, so I get where Ryan is coming from.  He went from having a meaningful job in health care to a meaningless job peddling insurance.  Vicki needs to cut the umbilical cord and get on with her life as an empty nester -- it happens to all of us eventually. 

• Love 1

Re: Vicki's WTF comment about Gretchen -- did she mean that once you're off the show, you're dead? Or...dead to Vicki at least? I know - weird, but this is Vicki we're talking about.

I'm not sure what she meant but it made me laugh.

Agree with those that think Heather and Shannon are so much alike. I kind of like Shannon a little more though. She doesn't  come off  as pretentious as Heather. Yeah, she is rude to her husband but I think there is way more going on there.

Tamara and her son, no , I can't. I don't care about Tamara's aging fear or her son. Boring.

• Love 1

LOL @ the title for this episode. That shit was hilarious. Sorry. I know I earned my one-way pass to hell when Vicky went silent (FOR ONCE) and her eyes started bulging - and I started laughing so hard that *I* almost choked! 

Also, earned that seat by saying "darn" when Rapey Ryan was told in the previews he was at risk for a heart attack. (P.S. That HGH does not make your hair look better. Now you just look like a rapey wearwolf.)

Anyhow, I just can't with Vicky and her drama over Brianna moving. I know it sucks when family moves away, or you move away FROM them. I've been there. But she needs to put on her big girl panties and deal with it, because her non-stop drama and ridiculous suggestions ("you can live here Brianna and commute once a month to visit Ryan") are not helping her daughter out any. I mean, doesn't she travel for business a lot? And what about those "girl trips" she's always planning? Surely, Vickster can swing a trip a month out to visit her family. That's more than a lot of families in that position can do. She needs to stop acting like she's been abandoned, when her SIL is in the military! It's not like he has much choice in the matter. So embrace it and be supportive. Also, 2800 sq. feet is plenty of room for a family of four - so pipe down. 

But, that first house? All the crosses? Did Carlton Gebbia move to OK? Maybe they'd better pass on that one. It might have a hex on it. 

• Love 7

I love that they are filming over Christmas. Has this franchise ever done that before? I only remember NJ doing that.  

Loved the Christmas pictures. It is funny how alike Shannon and Heather are. Both of them basically running the show, with their kids and husband's just pretty much doing whatever they are told. I thought everyone looked fantastic.

I am so beyond bored with Vicks and her storyline. Yea, yea, yea - it sucks that your daughter is moving away. Vicks knows how terrible it is because she did the same thing with her kids when they were very young. I find Brianna to be beyond irritating, and for the most part I always have. She has always rolled her eyes at her mom and acted like she could barely stand her. The problem is that I totally understand Brianna's reaction to her mother. It must be frustrating to be making such a huge change in your life and have your mother sitting right beside you talking about how hard it will be on her.  Hey Vicki - your daughter, whom you profess to love more than life itself, is married to an asshole, has a small toddler to look after, and is pregnant with another child. At the same time she is moving her entire life and everything that she knows to a community that will be very foreign to her. This is big time, scary stuff. Why can't you stop worrying about yourself for just 2 minutes and focus on your daughter? It reminded me of how Vicks made Brianna's cancer scare and tough childbirth all about her as well. 

I will say that while I have literally never agreed with a word Vicks has said, I am on her side about Oklahoma. I was raised, educated, married, and had my children there. I cannot imagine ever going back now that I have seen what the rest of the US has to offer. The change will be huge for her. IMO it is not a pleasant place to live, and my experience has always been that folks who come from Oklahoma love it, but many folks who landed there from almost anywhere else hate it. 

• Love 2
Baby Troy is very comfortable with Vicki so I don't buy Briana's recent assertions that Vicki doesn't help out.

She put a roof over their head last year, so yea - not buying it. Also, haven't we seen one episode already this year where Vicki was babysitting? You know, when the ladies were tottering around her kitchen in heels, narrowly missing impaling the poor child's hand? 

Agree with those that think Heather and Shannon are so much alike. I kind of like Shannon a little more though. She doesn't  come off  as pretentious as Heather. Yeah, she is rude to her husband but I think there is way more going on there.

I think Shannon and Heather are alike in that they are both very controlling when it comes to their families - very nagging of the husband, etc. But I don't think Shannon is so much like that socially. Heather still likes to control friends, to point out when they're wrong, etc. And Shannon seems more able to relax and cut loose when she's with the girls and other couples. Heather ALWAYS has a stick up her ass. But Shannon is still relatively new, so time will tell. 

• Love 4

I don't care about Tamara's aging fear or her son

When did Tamara actually exhibit concern for her kids let alone enough to have it get old?

Oh, "aging fear or her son" not "aging fear for her son", never mind.....

• Love 1

Can't believe I used to like Brianna.  She's become a fat, miserable, hypocritical shrew.  Everything she says is designed to make her mom feel like shit... including crap like "I don't want to raise my child in CALIFORNIA" knowing Vicki moved out of the midwest to go to CA to make her fortune... which she succeeded at.  Everything Brianna says sounds like it's aped from Ryan - much like Vicki can't break things off with that asshole Brooks.  Those two are so much alike, but at least Vicki is cheerful and a self starter.  I'm sure having a mother like Vicki would make you insane but Brianna is a bitchy ingrate.

• Love 2

Yeah, that baffled me as well, but I laughed.

I didn't care for either house they showed us.  The first one reminded me of Casa Olive Garden - that investment house that Jeana was selling for Vicki. 

That house with all the crosses made me wonder if this were filmed in Sunnydale, not OKC.

I was kinda shocked to see how mellow Ranting Ryan was.  Vicks was maddening.  Non-stop insults to Oklahomans & then insulting everyone in the military.  Nice work, Vicks, you moron.

Oh my gosh! I couldn't believe she smacked the waiter after discovering what "lamb fries" are!

Tamara is such a concerned mother that, knowing her son has had lifelong body image issues, she hires him to work at her gym.  Not sure I'd do that.  I'm also not sure that if I owned a gym I'd be on television looking for hormones from my doctor to help me look more fit and fight aging.  To me it would undermine the idea that, y'know, you could do those things in my gym.  

So, what does Ryan does at his mother's gym? I wouldn't want him as a trainer after watching this scene.

• Love 1

I totally noticed that. I think Lizzie got more than her nose done - you can barely tell that she and her sister were related. 

I don't resemble either of my sisters and I've never had plastic surgery.

• Love 3

I got curious to see what $400,000 buys in OK City, Zillow had some really nice properties listed. My guess is that Briana is accustomed to a larger house with a lot of amenities, I can't fault her for that. I wish that Vicki would shut up about how this will affect her, such a narcissist.

Heather is still rocking the white collars.

So Ryan is buying hgh's illegally and Tamara is trying to get them legally, that apple does not fall far from the tree.

I wonder when Heather and Shannon see the xmas card epi they will see they are so much alike, both so annoying.

Did I miss what happened to Shannon's daughters arm for it to be in a cast, anyone?

• Love 1
So, what does Ryan does at his mother's gym? I wouldn't want him as a trainer after watching this scene.

I think he's probably some sort of glorified receptionist. And apparently he has to haul the dirty towels home and wash them offsite, because Tamra does not have a washer in her gym. 

I didn't care for either house they showed us.  The first one reminded me of Casa Olive Garden - that investment house that Jeana was selling for Vicki.

Yep!  For all her talk about not wanting to live in the Coto version of OK, Briana sure seems to be looking for exactly that. 

My understanding is that houses are very reasonable in OK and just because they qualify for a $400K house doesn't mean they have to buy one. 

Anyone notice how quiet both Lizzie & Danielle got when Shannon was talking about having her nose done?  Maybe cuz they both had their noses done too?

I thought they looked very different too until I noted a shot of the two of them in the same profile. Same nose that looked like an Italian Indian possibility. Lizzie also was wearing her usual heavy make up that gives her a very harsh look compared to her sisters natural appearance. I think with washed faces they'd look more like sisters.

Yes! Ubi, I couldn't believe Vics hit the waiter. Wow...

As a staff sergeant, Ryan earns $40k - $75k a year. During his deployment, his earnings are TAX FREE.  Plus, he gets re-signing bonuses plus deployment bonuses. Not at all surprised they are looking at $400K homes -- homes near military bases are SUPER easy to sell and prices are high because of the demand, especially if homes have been lost to tornados.

Don't forget they get paid for being on this show too. Brianna has done several episodes every season since she was a teenager. I wouldn't be surprised if she had a pretty hefty nest egg saved up.

• Love 1
(edited)

What the hell was up with all the crosses in that Oklahoma home? That would have been enough to send me running for the hills.

Tamras Ryan - no shock there. I wonder why he has body issues....

Briana, Briana, Briana - your mother gave you everything. You have no student loans, you always had nice things, and your mother loves you, all things considered. She paid for you to waddle your fat ass down the aisle at your shotgun wedding.  She offered to do "night duty" with the baby after working all day.  Cry me a river.  Don't blame others for your choices. You wanted to stay in CA so you could be with Colby - he's the reason you never spread your wings.  Nice try. 

Absolutely. Did you notice that he wanted to stay with Vicki and not go to his dad when Ryan emerged from the tornado shelter? 

Ryan is getting everything he wants in this Oklahoma move. He now has complete control over his wife and their children, but only after using Vicki's wallet to buy a house. He is a shameful man. 

Edited by misschung
  • Love 5

What the hell was up with all the crosses in that Oklahoma home? That would have been enough to send me running for the hills.

Tamras Ryan - no shock there. I wonder why he has body issues....

Briana, Briana, Briana - your mother gave you everything. You have no student loans, you always had nice things, and your mother loves you, all things considered. She paid for you to waddle your fat ass down the aisle at your shotgun wedding.  She offered to do "night duty" with the baby after working all day.  Cry me a river.  Don't blame others for your choices. You wanted to stay in CA so you could be with Colby - he's the reason you never spread your wings.  Nice try. 

Absolutely. Did you notice that he wanted to stay with Vicki and not go to his dad when Ryan emerged from the tornado shelter? 

Ryan is getting everything he wants in this Oklahoma move. He now has complete control over his wife and their children, but only after using Vicki's wallet to buy a house. He is a shameful man. 

Many people have posted that it is within Ryan and Brianna's capacity to purchase their own home.  Was there something on the show to indicate that Vicky was paying for their home?  Also, in prior weeks, many people pointed out that Vicki's financial situation was not so great that she could be purchasing $400,000 homes for others.   How would that work exactly?  She purchases for cash?  She puts down the down payment?  She qualifies for the loan and makes the payments?  Unlikely.   Doesn't she own two homes already, one of which she can't sell?  It's a serious slander to say outright that Vicki is bankrolling their marriage.

they had a white wedding because Vicki insisted.  She should pay for it.  I hold no brief for Vicki at all.  She's lucky her kids even speak to her.  I don't see "love" with her, I see endless needy narcissism and possessiveness.  

"

• Love 1