Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

The scene at the Oklahoma home with all the crosses is pretty typical for this area of the country.  I'm from north Texas and a lot of my friends share this LOVE of crosses and so do a lot of the shops around us.  I am not a fan of all the crosses and it seems everyone and their cousins are into the fade.  I compete in the horse world and the trend is crazy big on all the clothes for humans and tack for the horses. Lucky me, I just bought a horse last year that is branded with a cross. Ugh!

The restaurant that Icky and the family were at is very popular in "The City" and I ate there a few years ago with some friends that highly recommended it...I don't recommend it. Blech.  Although it was extremely busy the night we were there.  The steaks are as good as a Golden Corral type place and the decor is very cheesy. In my world those lamb "treats" would be called calf fries.  In college, out in west Texas, we actually had a Greek event called the KA Calf Fry. Gotta do something with all those testicles from former bull calves.;)

Many people have posted that it is within Ryan and Brianna's capacity to purchase their own home.  Was there something on the show to indicate that Vicky was paying for their home?  Also, in prior weeks, many people pointed out that Vicki's financial situation was not so great that she could be purchasing $400,000 homes for others.   How would that work exactly?  She purchases for cash?  She puts down the down payment?  She qualifies for the loan and makes the payments?  Unlikely.   Doesn't she own two homes already, one of which she can't sell?  It's a serious slander to say outright that Vicki is bankrolling their marriage.

Slanderous?  Nah, doesn't strike me that way, as a lawyer.  Nobody has made any outright statements cuz we really don't know the details of their finances (that is, of Vicks, Bri or Ragey Ryan).  I think there were suggestions of possible scenarios.  Could Ryan afford to finance a $400,000 house on his own?  Possibly, but I was kinda doubting it.  Vicks coulda helped him out with the down payment or maybe offered to help with mortgage payments.

Sure, Vicks was crying poverty when settling the financials in her divorce (a routine ploy), but she's hardly hurting for money.  Keep in mind, she makes at least 500 thou a season (or maybe more) by now.  I wonder if she has payments on other homes to worry about -- the place in Mexico or the one in Lake Havesu.  She did finally get rid of the Olive Garden joint Jeana talked (conned) her into buying, right?  She may not be able to afford to buy another home (altho she might), but I think she could afford to help Bri & Ragey Ryan out.  The thing is, I don't think that happened cuz either Vicks or Briana woulda said something about it.

I may be alone in this and I really don't want to insult anyone but, to me, being in the military is not the most important job there is. Sorry Ryan. It's just not.

Well, of course, that's a matter of opinion & I do happen to agree with you. BUT Vicks didn't have to express this on national TV, all while horribly insulting & disrespecting not just Ryan the Asshole, but every honorable & courageous person in the military.  Vicks is really an idiot!

• Love 2

My impression of Ryan is that he is watching himself very very carefully this year whenever the cameras are on, and it is just killing him to hold it in. Brianna's wacky smile is because she knows Ryan is playing nice for the cameras after painfully learning his lesson that the microphones are everywhere after last season's debacle with Lydia's mom.   I really think Brianna and Ryan probably considered not fliming with Ryan again but decided that, for the sake of the money that Brianna gets from filming, he would continue to film.  I think they want to prove in this season that he is not as bad as he came off last year. However, he still is as awful a human as we saw last year and that bad attitude still seeps out, but at least he has held his temper, which they probably consider a "win" on their end. 

And lost in the conversation over lamb fries was the fact that Brianna has to have a scheduled C-section? At that point I kind of actually understood why Vicki was campaigning for her to have the baby in CA with her own doctors and where Vicki could definitely help out for the first two or three weeks post-delivery.  I know Vicki has her flaws but I think having your own doctor and your own mother around for that is a good idea. We'll see what actually happens when the time comes but I would not be surprised to see her having the baby in CA afterall.

Okay, if I got Heather's Christmas Card with her slit dress and her leg front and center I would be pulling it out and laughing at it and showing it to anyone who stopped by the house during the season.  What a showoff.  And yes, I am sure CoCo understood what Heather meant when she told her to "relax her mouth" for the camera. I would avoid Heather at all costs in real life, but on this show her segments are probably my favorite (second to Shannon), due to her unbridled snobbery.  I love Shannon because I do not think anything about her is an act. She isn't pretending to have the best marriage, she loves her children in a normal enough way (not overly braggy but not downing them either). I think Shannon is a walking bundle of easily hurt feelings, which is perfect for the show.  

• Love 7

I wish they would stop mentioning Gretchen's name. I fear that like with Candyman and Bloody Mary, you say her name a few times and she will appear and just no!

No worries.  She's previously engaged at Celebrity Marriage Bootcamp or sun-theen like that.  Where she's already being called out as being phony, hehe.  

• Love 1

Slanderous?  Nah, doesn't strike me that way, as a lawyer.  Nobody has made any outright statements cuz we really don't know the details of their finances (that is, of Vicks, Bri or Ragey Ryan).  I think there were suggestions of possible scenarios.  Could Ryan afford to finance a $400,000 house on his own?  Possibly, but I was kinda doubting it.  Vicks coulda helped him out with the down payment or maybe offered to help with mortgage payments.

Sure, Vicks was crying poverty when settling the financials in her divorce (a routine ploy), but she's hardly hurting for money.  Keep in mind, she makes at least 500 thou a season (or maybe more) by now.  I wonder if she has payments on other homes to worry about -- the place in Mexico or the one in Lake Havesu.  She did finally get rid of the Olive Garden joint Jeana talked (conned) her into buying, right?  She may not be able to afford to buy another home (altho she might), but I think she could afford to help Bri & Ragey Ryan out.  The thing is, I don't think that happened cuz either Vicks or Briana woulda said something about it.

Well, of course, that's a matter of opinion & I do happen to agree with you. BUT Vicks didn't have to express this on national TV, all while horribly insulting & disrespecting not just Ryan the Asshole, but every honorable & courageous person in the military.  Vicks is really an idiot!

I love the name ragey Ryan! That's why I love reading these boards. I can't stand him after how he acted towards Judy.

(edited)

Tamra's face looked very strange in her THs. Like way too much filler. And Heather is a condescending prig.

That's all I have. Zzzzzzz.

I've been trying to figure out what was so weird about Tamra's TH and I think I got it.......she has baby blue (possibly sparkly/shiny) eyeliner only on her bottom lids. And you're right, she is also filled to the brim with fillers cuz ya know.......she doesn't want to get old. Gag

eta: Thanks to all those that said it was white eyeliner. It looked baby blue to me for some reason.

Edited by Grneyedldy
(edited)

Long time lurker of TWOP. Got an account when everyone journeyed over to here. Did anyone go "huh?" when they heard Shannon mention she had plastic surgery already? When her douche bag hubby asked her to get a boob job she said she thought it was sending a bad message to her daughters. Wouldn't having a nose and cheek combo be doing the same thing?

ETA: Sorry about hitting enter too soon. My toddler got a hold of my phone when I wasn't looking.

Edited by mistyknight
  • Love 3

I feel like Heather dotes on Coco more so than her other children -- and not because she is the youngest. Heck, I'm just gonna say it: It feels like she is grooming Coco to be a child star. I don't like it.

As far as Terry goes, I don't think he deserves any sympathy. In my opinion, he's just as big of a status concious fame whore as his wife....maybe more so. I mean, he's done more reality shows then her.

• Love 1

I feel like Heather dotes on Coco more so than her other children -- and not because she is the youngest. Heck, I'm just gonna say it: It feels like she is grooming Coco to be a child star. I don't like it.

As far as Terry goes, I don't think he deserves any sympathy. In my opinion, he's just as big of a status concious fame whore as his wife....maybe more so. I mean, he's done more reality shows then her.

I agree. He was also the one who wanted Heather to do the show. Supposedly, he stopped speaking to her until she agreed.

• Love 1

Reminds me of Kyle and Portia.

Terry and Heather deserve each other.  Both are condescending pricks.   Terry is always poking at Heather because she is so uptight.  I don't think I could stand to be around them.

I think the major difference between Shannon and Heather is Shannon drinks. 

• Love 1
(edited)

No worries.  She's previously engaged at Celebrity Marriage Bootcamp or sun-theen like that.  Where she's already being called out as being phony, hehe.  

I finally found you TWOP friends.  Sigh.  I miss you all and the habit of always knowing where to go.  But here we are...

Tamra is too busy to post a blog.  But she's ready to promote Dr. Lee.  Of course, any thing for a freebie 

Sorry I have not had time to write my Bravo blog this week. just not enough time in the day right now. I wanted to pass this info on to my followers and people that have been asking . This is Dr. Lee the anti aging/hormone doctor on this weeks episode. If you are interested in biodentical hormone replacement ladies he is the man to see in OC (huntington beach). He is also a sports doctor that works with a lot of professional athletes & bodybuilders.

Heh, hey Tamra, you should be paying your attorney fees before Dr. Lee.  I'll put that on a t-shirt for ya.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3

I would be inclined to believe this if she had actually told Terry "I already told them they couldn't have anymore sweets today" or, "I don't want them to ruin their dinner." Instead, Terry offered the kids a cookie and they got excited then, Heather said no as the kids were getting excited. Then she said something about wanting to set healthy eating standards. It didn't appear as though Heather had said anything prior to Terry having already offered them a cookie. It just looked like she said no after the offer was already made. Which kind of puts Terry in that odd place of, I already said they could have one and now she is saying no. Rather than Heather having already said they couldn't and Terry just went against her wishes.

Yea, but we don't know how the conversation went because of the editing. What we do know is that they have cookies in the house, and she bought the kids some cupcakes.  They clearly eat sweets. Coco didn't look at the cupcake like she didn't know what to do with it. This tells me Heather isn't a complete shrew about food like Yolanda over on the BH franchise is. 

I agree too re: Briana's c-section. It's a big deal to move right before your baby is born and start over with a brand new team of people, esp. with a high risk pregnancy.

This whole situation just reaffirms the fact that Briana and Ryan don't have a leg to stand on. If she's so happy to get away from Vicki, why continue the show? She's moving - just get on with it already! 

PS: So happy to see all my TWOP peeps here, hooray! 

• Love 1
(edited)

I agree too re: Briana's c-section. It's a big deal to move right before your baby is born and start over with a brand new team of people, esp. with a high risk pregnancy.

I can see that point, but I don't believe it was right before the baby was born. The show was being filmed between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so at that time we were someone near the beginning of December.  In her blog, Vicks said this week that the baby is due in a few weeks, so she was only about 3 months pregnant at the time (yea, she looked bigger than just 3 months along, but clearly that wasn't all just baby weight). 

I can see Brianna wanting to get settled in her new home and become familiar with the folks who would be her physicians going forward prior to the baby being born.  Moving is never easy, but far harder with a newborn. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 1
I'm kind of surprised Tamra hated the episode since she actually didn't come across so mean-spirited and bitter.  Tamra in individual scenes seems somewhat likable as opposed to when she's in scenes with the other women.

I guess Tamra is like a small child in that she'd prefer negative attention to minimal or no attention. 

• Love 1

From what is going on it appears we are somewhere between Thanksgiving and Christmas on the show.  Heather's angers issues towards Shannon are because she feels excluded?  It seems Heather is steaming she wasn't invited to the USC game with the Beadors, the Judges and Heather McDonald and her husband.  It had to have happened weeks before the sit down between Heather and

That comment about the football game was interesting because I don't think we ever heard anything about them going to the game when it happened.

While it is completely childish, I actually like that Heather just flat out admitted to basically having her feelings hurt and feeling like she is left out. I have thought from the beginning that this was the issue. Shannon came across as fairly strange right away with the whole jewels in the teeth nonsense and the saving of a nation. I think Heather assumed that Tamra and Vicks would find her as strange as she did, but she underestimated the lure of a fractured marriage and a shot of tequila. To these gals, the the story of a marriage that is in trouble is like a mating call.

It seems like so much of the time drama among these gals is because one or the other doesn't like it when their perceived friend starts to get close to another. That seemed to be the problem with Vicks when Tamra made up with Gretchen. Alexis also had issues with Gretchen getting close to Tamra. They never come out and say they feel threatened or left out however, they just throw a bunch of shit at the wall to see what sticks. I like that Heather was reflective and honest enough to tell what she was really feeling, even if it is not very attractive.

• Love 2

Insofar as the Shannon-Heather thing is concerned:

I will be interested to see the reunion show to see if they replay all the 'scary-angry' scenes with Shannon, while Heather is forced to watch them and then defend her 'perception'.  This could be gold, as the rest of the ladies sit there and either say nothing or say 'Heather, you've lost your mind'.

I guess the only way Shannon could've been perceived as 'scary-angry' is her unfortunate tendency to widen her eyes when she's talking to someone, but her manner in no way constitutes 'scary-angry' and Heather needs to be schooled and then shut up about it.

I wouldn't have been able to get through that conversation without becoming 'scary-angry' myself.  It would no longer be subject to perception.

• Love 5

Vicky might not be my favorite person but I definitely did not want her to really be choking for real as choking sucks!

I dunno what to think of Lizzie yet. Time will tell I guess.

It's sad that when she started choking, just like Ryan I was thinking she was faking it.  It was so strategically placed in the conversation that I thought she thought she was being funny.  LIke her stupid snoring.

• Love 3

I concur with those who mentioned Tamea's appearance looking like shit. She has never looked so bad. Ugh.

I don't really get why Brianna and Ragey Ryan need a $400,000 that pretty extravagant for a first home and in Oklahoma vs elsewhere. And I don't understand why I should give a shit except that hopefully it means those 2 jerks will soon be off the show.

I'm starting to think Vicki has a legit mental issue like a personality disorder.

• Love 2

I concur with those who mentioned Tamea's appearance looking like shit. She has never looked so bad. Ugh.

I don't really get why Brianna and Ragey Ryan need a $400,000 that pretty extravagant for a first home and in Oklahoma vs elsewhere. And I don't understand why I should give a shit except that hopefully it means those 2 jerks will soon be off the show.

I'm starting to think Vicki has a legit mental issue like a personality disorder.

Only starting to think?  I've been there from the beginning.

• Love 7
(edited)

Ryan and Briana purchased a $400,000 home in Chocktaw, OK on March 1st.  It is a matter of public record (and also published by NewsOK), so this isn't exactly confidential information.  I'll leave out the address and real estate listing, but they're not difficult to find if anyone is interested.  I think it may be the second house they looked at on the show, but I wouldn't swear to it.  All of the newly constructed houses in that area look somewhat similar.

Edited by Bella Roche

So is Brooks gone now?  Um, so what's Vicks' storyline gonna be now that Bri & Ragey Ryan are kaput?  Me thinks she in trouble.  Without a storyline, the producers could give her da boot.  I find that hard to believe cuz she's always pretty hilarious to watch.  But she must be expensive by now, so I wouldn't be surprised if the producers are thinkin' bout cutting her loose.

Are we allowed to talk about the preview? I am really over Tamra making fun of words Heather uses. Just go get a real education and you won't feel so stupid in the conversations Tamra. And way to go Lizzie for pointing out everyone is talking about Heather behind her back.

• Love 4
My impression of Ryan is that he is watching himself very very carefully this year whenever the cameras are on, and it is just killing him to hold it in.

Oh man, Ragey Ryan looked like he was gonna bust a gut or pop a vein, trying hold in all his anger.  He was able to do it -- just barely.

Brianna has no income and Ryan's military pay can't support a $400,000 home. How in the world did they get a mortgage for that?

If I had to guess (and clearly I am) I would say that they could have had a pretty good down payment.  Brianna does earn a salary for being on the show, although it is probably not that much, and she did work as a nurse.  She seems fairly practical to me, so I could envision her saving some of this money. Not only that, but they lived with Vicks for almost a year and only paid $1,000 a month in rent. They could have been socking money away like crazy during this time period. Someone else mentioned Ryan gets bonuses for his deployments? 

I don't think that Vicks helped them much, if at all. As others have mentioned, it turned out that Vicks had surprisingly few assets when her divorce settlement info was leaked several months ago. She is very comfortable, but hardly wealthy. When Donn was still living with her after they separated, she said she needed him there to help manage the mortgage payments. Then Brianna and Ryan moved in and paid her $1K a month. I know that is not a lot of money for folks to pay in order to live in such a lovely home in So. Cal., but if there were concerns they might not be able to afford a home and would need financial help, why would Vicks take anything from them? Seems easier to just not charge them rent then to help them buy a house later on. 

• Love 1

I have no doubt that Vicki does have some sort of psychiatric disorder, and I think a PD is a good bet.

• Love 4

If I had to guess (and clearly I am) I would say that they could have had a pretty good down payment.  Brianna does earn a salary for being on the show, although it is probably not that much, and she did work as a nurse.  She seems fairly practical to me, so I could envision her saving some of this money. Not only that, but they lived with Vicks for almost a year and only paid $1,000 a month in rent. They could have been socking money away like crazy during this time period. Someone else mentioned Ryan gets bonuses for his deployments? 

I don't think that Vicks helped them much, if at all. As others have mentioned, it turned out that Vicks had surprisingly few assets when her divorce settlement info was leaked several months ago. She is very comfortable, but hardly wealthy. When Donn was still living with her after they separated, she said she needed him there to help manage the mortgage payments. Then Brianna and Ryan moved in and paid her $1K a month. I know that is not a lot of money for folks to pay in order to live in such a lovely home in So. Cal., but if there were concerns they might not be able to afford a home and would need financial help, why would Vicks take anything from them? Seems easier to just not charge them rent then to help them buy a house later on. 

Vicki might have gifted them with the rent money.  I lived with my grandmother during the week for about a year.  She charged me rent and put it in a savings account.  I got it years later - it was a nice little tidy sum!  Thanks grams!

Brianna has no income and Ryan's military pay can't support a $400,000 home. How in the world did they get a mortgage for that?

Probably quite easily. I'm a retired, disabled vet and qualified for that much 2 years ago. I spent way less though because what I can afford on paper and what I can afford IRLare 2 different things. . I'm sure they got a no money down VA loan too and because of the VA loan don't pay PMI. That can really lower their mortgage. They may get some propertytax relief on active duty too.  

• Love 1

Is it in a tornado prone area? It being a new build and all.

I wonder if tornado insurance premiums are high?

You don't have a separate tornado policy like you might for earthquakes or floods. Damage from a tornado would be covered under a general homeowner's policy.

(edited)

During Tamra's THs, I couldn't stop staring at her eyes, wondering what the heck she had done.  Maybe its just how they look when she doesn't have several pounds of black goop around them.  She looks like she's squinting while trying to read cue cards, or she's having a reaction to a medication or something.  

OMG. I noticed that too. Her TH eyes completely freaked me out. It seems that she used a white eye-liner on the rims of her eyes. Who thought that would be an attractive look?

ETA:  Pardon my redundancy. I guess I should have read all the posts first.

Edited by Mannahatta

Just re-watched the Choke-lahoma episode.  All things considered, I think Briana and Ryan have some serious issues that Vicki senses.  There's something very wrong with that man, and I think Vicki is genuinely worried for her daughter, all her control issues aside.  Sigh.  Oh well! 

Does anyone else think that Lizzie's sister Becky looks like a crazy version of Parker Posey? 

I don't think that grandmothers are obligated to help out with babysitting. Unless the grandmother was in on the decision to have kids in the first place. But if you choose to have children and then get pissed because everyone else isn't helping you, that makes you a brat in my book. I'm looking at you Brianna.

• Love 6

I don't think that grandmothers are obligated to help out with babysitting. Unless the grandmother was in on the decision to have kids in the first place. But if you choose to have children and then get pissed because everyone else isn't helping you, that makes you a brat in my book. I'm looking at you Brianna.

So with you on this and I have my niece and nephew a good 25 hours a week to help my sister. But I want to and I have the time right now and she's never made me feel obligated or guilty when I can't and she's never implied that my usefulness is the only reason she wants me around. I could not when Brianna said that. You're cool with moving away from your mom because she doesn't do enough for you? Oh let me show you the door, you selfish brat. Enjoy your life in OK. Become the miserable martyr mom we all know your destined to be. There are plenty of reasons not to want to live in the same time zone as Vicki. Try picking one that doesn't make you sound like a bitch.

And I'm pretty certain that Vicki going to OK had to do with money, either her's or Bravo's. Otherwise why ask her to come and then complain about your terrible childhood the whole time. And why ask her to come and be surprised that she acted like Vicki. You've spent 9 seasons bragging about what a big girl you are. Here's your chance. Go find a house without asking your mommy if she likes it or making her hold your hand the entire time. Plenty of us have done it.

• Love 7

Vicki went to OK because she really has no other storyline right now, unless we see her with Brooks again talking about her love tank.  Blech. She's already been at the office, redecorating and that was zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   Vicki also probably wanted to go house hunting with them in OK because she likes to control things.

I looked up the old listing for the house they ended up purchasing in OK and records show it at 400k (one site said that prices may be rounded up).  It didn't look like it was either house they showed on air.  It does appear to be in a cul de sac, lots of brick inside - brick wall with fireplace and a flatscreen tv in the brick wall (actually two brick walls in an L shape).  The kitchen looked very nice, but I would have passed on the walls of brick.  

If Vicki senses something is wrong with Brianna and Ryan's marriage (as in he has anger issues), then why ask or provoke him with her stupid statements or questions?  What are you planning to do as a real job?  You're taking my family away from me.  Why can't you (Brianna) and the baby stay in CA and Ryan just commute?  She's like a match nearby a smoldering pile of coals.

Shannon isn't scary angry; she's been naggy bitchy to her husband, but to the ladies I haven't noticed anything really nasty from her.  Heather is just pissed that Tamra and Vicki have a new rich friend, plus she has no other storyline other than her hotel, er house, that is being built and her off/on career.

Tamra, yes getting old is a bitch, but the alternative is a lot worse.  And Tamra, to quote Vicki, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Love 3
(edited)

Shannon isn't scary angry; she's been naggy bitchy to her husband, but to the ladies I haven't noticed anything really nasty from her.

I do agree on that issue Hoosier80!!   She better watch out or David will go for that self proclaimed "hot woman"  Vicki.      

Shannon and Heather's photo shoots:

I understand a damn Christmas card but to take it over the top like that.... it must be an annoying, stressful event for the kids (& husbands).

"Relax your mouth Coco"  < - shut up Heather and close your freakish eyes too.  Ugh.

My MIL is a crazy Christmas nut job similar to Shannon.   Her stress over the decorations, food, etc sucks all the fun and life right out of it. 

Edited by jnymph

I think Shannon is a little scary angry. It's not like Ragey Ryan, but she always seems ready to snap. Part of it could have to do with the way she plucks hr eyebrows, but she does kind of freak me out. Anyway, I dislike her and Heather in pretty much equal amounts.