Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

On 10/25/2021 at 4:08 PM, ifionlyknew said:

From the article:

After Donald Trump won the presidential election in 2016, McCain stated that Goldberg, along with the rest of the cast and staff, began to turn on her due to her party identity as a Republican.

Meghan joined the View in the fall of 2017. Almost a year after Trump was elected.

I will never understand why people lie about things that are so easily fact checked.  Especially in these days of instant access to information.  

• Love 9
On 10/19/2021 at 9:10 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

She was not the only conservative on the show--Abby, Ana. She never apologized for anything on this show. And she /was/ the toxic work environment on this show. I bet it was hard for her not to burst out laughing at the question about who was leaking to the tabloids considering the leak was her herself, all in an attempt to make people pity her. And this:

is why I never trusted that Ramin Setoodeh person who wrote that View-related gossip book. They wrote it with a bias in league with McCain and I will never give anything from them or it the benefit of the doubt. McCain wanted and is still trying to harm the show and take down Joy Behar--it's clear that's what she came into this job wanting to do--but you failed! Good riddance!

There's lots of fun stuff in that book. Rosie doesn't hold anything back (to her detriment, at it usually is).

5 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I so doubt that story. Why would DM even say that to the press? What was in it for her?

Team Ana all the way.

If it happened why shouldn't Debbie tell the story? I'm not as big an Ana fan as others are.  I believe Debbie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

So Debbie got her feelings hurt because Ana didn't talk to her?  Oh please.

Did she say her feelings were hurt or that she was perplexed. I like Ana on the show and appreciate her on news networks but I can see where she could have an edge to her. I think  joy can too. 

Edited by lookeyloo
Spelling
  • Love 7

I hope Ana responds to this, because she does have a bit of an edge and a big personality that I can see where things she says and does can be misinterpreted. I hope she wouldn't be rude on purpose, especially to an OG host.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

You have to give it to Debbie.  In the middle of her complaint about Anna, which Debbie knows will get mileage, Debbie manages to name her skin care line!

She also had the attitude of eh not everyone is going to like me. Unlike someone else who has gotten a ton of mileage out of boo hoo me someone was mean to me.

• Love 9

Whether it's true or not, I wish Debbie hadn't mentioned it.  It will seem to give credence to Meghan's assertion that there's drama at The View.  Plus, knowing how Ana and Meghan don't like each other, now Meghan will say, "See?  I'm not the only one Ana doesn't get along with!"  I'm surprised she hasn't tweeted about it.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Did she say her feelings were hurt or that she was perplexed. I like Ana on the show and appreciate her on news networks but I can see where she could have an edge to her. I think  joy can too. 

Haha, I've seen a bit of "edge" from Ana on Bill Maher, but I didn't notice anything with Debbie. 

I think both Joy and Ana are nice people, but even nice people aren't going to be perfect and sweet 24/7. Sara is probably the biggest sweetheart on set, but she's human and probably has her moments too. I was a child when Debbie was on. Is it possible she's someone who expects lots of attention and affection or else she considers someone rude? I liked what I saw of her on the show actually, but if she claims Ana wasn't nice to her on camera, how did most of us miss it?

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Haleth said:

If it didn’t bother her she wouldn’t have mentioned it. 

I don't think it bothered her as much as she didn't understand it.  It seems from Debbie's point of view it was "huh Ana doesn't like me, what is that about?"

I've commented before I'm not a big of Ana and I do get a vibe from her that she might not be the friendliest person to people she does not know. Whereas Debbie seems like she would be your best friend from the moment she met you and give everyone hugs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Is it possible she's someone who expects lots of attention and affection or else she considers someone rude?

Is it possible she would use the most insignificant slight to capitalize on the current press of the current audiobook by a former panelist, to try and stay relevant and promote her skin care line?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I don't think it bothered her as much as she didn't understand it.  It seems from Debbie's point of view it was "huh Ana doesn't like me, what is that about?"

I've commented before I'm not a big of Ana and I do get a vibe from her that she might not be the friendliest person to people she does not know. Whereas Debbie seems like she would be your best friend from the moment she met you and give everyone hugs.

A difference in personalities can definitely cause clashing. I think sometimes super friendly types don't get people more reserved or cool and vice versa. 

I like Ana because she's fun and funny, but I think we're like the two who aren't totally enamored with her. My favorite thing about her is her wit. 

Just now, sugarbaker design said:

Is it possible she would use the most insignificant slight to capitalize on the current press of the current audiobook by a former panelist, to try and stay relevant and promote her skin care line?

lol I suppose 

• Love 3

It is also possible that Ana was busy preparing for the show when Debbie came into the studio expecting everyone to fawn over her  and drop everything for small talk. Ana is not the type to wing it through a show.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Abby Huntsman talks about her reason for leaving The View, saying it was a toxic environment.  She doesn't mention Meghan's treatment of her, but I have no doubt that was part of it.  

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/abby-huntsman-finally-reveals-real-143026563.html

Huntsman said she had already decided to leave the show when her father suggested she come to work for his political campaign, an offer that would make a convenient public excuse for leaving The View.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Idk I think it was probably true about Ana. Ana probably didn't like a guest host coming in and getting heaps of praise especially from Joy. There were rumors when Meghan left that Debbie was coming back (obviously didn't happen but maybe Ana is always on guard given she apparently can't secure a full time seat herself)

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Buckeye71034 said:

Idk I think it was probably true about Ana. Ana probably didn't like a guest host coming in and getting heaps of praise especially from Joy. There were rumors when Meghan left that Debbie was coming back (obviously didn't happen but maybe Ana is always on guard given she apparently can't secure a full time seat herself)

I don't think Ana wants a "full time seat", given her new house in Florida & her husband's job there.  She's a regular on CNN for sure, & I've seen her on other shows.  IMHO, she's happy with making a couple of appearances on The View a week.  (Just sayin'.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Abby huntsman saying The View is toxic is like saying that the sky is blue...it's a fact and not a opinion.  And Debbie M was backstabbed by Star, etc during her time on the show...hence her sudden dismissal from the show in season 2.

Ana has a great sense of humor, but she also can take things personally and get defensive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

When I was reading those comments from Debbie, I wondered if Ana just didn't want to insert herself in a reunion between old co-workers. Ana wasn't on The View when Debbie was. 

21 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Then I thought this. ⬆️⬆️⬆️

And really, the only View co-host who is less relevant today than Debbie Matenopoulos is Michelle Collins.

Edited by General Days
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, General Days said:

And really, the only View co-host who is less relevant today than Debbie Matenopoulos is Michelle Collins.

Relevance is relative, right?  Michelle Collins is much more relevant to me than Debbie, Candice Creme-Brulee, Raven, Bitsy or Jed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Relevance is relative, right?  Michelle Collins is much more relevant to me than Debbie, Candice Creme-Brulee, Raven, Bitsy or Jed.

And Debbie has had a pretty nice career since leaving the View. What is Elisabeth doing nowadays?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Abby huntsman saying The View is toxic is like saying that the sky is blue...it's a fact and not a opinion.  And Debbie M was backstabbed by Star, etc during her time on the show...hence her sudden dismissal from the show in season 2.

Ana has a great sense of humor, but she also can take things personally and get defensive.

I like Abby and dislike how Meghan treated her. The timing of what she says makes it sound like the problem wasn’t Meghan, when she had to be the most toxic person there. Not saying there weren’t other issues. I’m sure there were. But I don’t like almost indulging Meghan’s poor lonely Republican thing. 

True. Sara is best about not taking stuff personally imo. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

I don’t know if anybody here watches Reliable Sources on CNN on Sunday morning but they were showing the costumes there. Don Lemon & his husband dressed up as Whoopi Goldberg & Joy Behar. It was hilarious!

Aw man I missed it! I hope I can find pictures somewhere. 

On 10/28/2021 at 12:28 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Whether it's true or not, I wish Debbie hadn't mentioned it.  It will seem to give credence to Meghan's assertion that there's drama at The View.  Plus, knowing how Ana and Meghan don't like each other, now Meghan will say, "See?  I'm not the only one Ana doesn't get along with!"  I'm surprised she hasn't tweeted about it.

Not as if Meghan is the first one to say anything about the show. Not everyday/everyone is going to be hunky dorey. I dont think it is anything significant when someone like Sarah works there and has a great time.

Wow, Sunny threw shade at Sara in this article discussing Meghan's replacement (bolding mine):

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/the-view-sunny-hostin-on-meghan-mccain-replacement-210741788.html

Joy Behar is "very progressive," while Whoopi Goldberg is more liberal when it comes to economics, and her own beliefs are in between "progressive values and conservative values." Sara Haines, who, like Hostin, joined the show in 2016, "says she's an independent." 

However, Hostin asked, "Is [Haines] really an independent or just somebody that won't commit? We need someone that will commit and we don't have that voice. And we need someone that's not duplicative of anyone else on the panel."

Edited by Gemma Violet
28 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Wow, Sunny threw shade at Sara in this article discussing Meghan's replacement (bolding mine):

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/the-view-sunny-hostin-on-meghan-mccain-replacement-210741788.html

I like Sunny a great deal, but I don't get this. She was practically saintly with how kind and patient she was with Meghan, but she can be pretty rough with Sara who's a sweetheart. 

Any theories on what that's all about? I noticed a tone with how she spoke to Sara recently on the show too. Backstage stuff we don't know about? 

If someone is kind to me, whatever their politics and whether or not they commit to something, I'd be kind back and not throw shade like that. I can understand if behind closed doors she talked with her family about how someone else might be a better fit. But that's different from something like this. And yet she's friends with MM. I would have been cordial with her as a coworker and completely done with her when she finally left. Is it because she sees the princess as more of a somebody than Sara?

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I noticed a tone with how she spoke to Sara recently on the show too. Backstage stuff we don't know about? 

Lately Sunny is so full of herself...and the shade becomes more obvious.

Sunny hates when people don't agree with her. And I hate when she puts on that "cutesy" act of hers...all demur and prudish. Such a phony.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I was coming here to post this and you beat me to it. And I was going to say exactly what you said.  She could have talked about Independents without referring to Sara specifically or just not had such a condescending tone.  Interestingly she didn't mention Ana.

13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I like Sunny a great deal, but I don't get this. She was practically saintly with how kind and patient she was with Meghan, but she can be pretty rough with Sara who's a sweetheart. 

Sunny even said in the article how she disagrees with Meghan about everything and yet she is more of friend to her than to Sara?  Sunny also said her and Meghan became friendly in September 2020 when she (MM) moderated an event for Sunny's book. So she worked with MM for almost three years before becoming friends with her?

Is it because she sees the princess as more of a somebody than Sara?

That thought crossed my mind. Any time Sunny mentions a friend it is always someone who is famous.  

This is the link to the whole interview.  As I was reading it I thought Sunny seems nice and then I hit the View part and I thought oh geez here we go again.  Can there ever be an article or interview about the View that can remain nice?

https://www.thecut.com/2021/11/sunny-hostin-is-more-than-just-co-host-of-the-view.html

• Useful 4
14 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

However, Hostin asked, "Is [Haines] really an independent or just somebody that won't commit? We need someone that will commit and we don't have that voice. And we need someone that's not duplicative of anyone else on the panel."

Shut up, Sunny.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

Any theories on what that's all about? I noticed a tone with how she spoke to Sara recently on the show too. Backstage stuff we don't know about? 

My theory?  Meghan; for some inexplicable reason that none of us could ever figure out, was in the power position for most of her time on the show and there was a distinct moment in time when I remember Sunny suddenly became much more friendly and cozy with Meghan and it was a really weird switch that just seemed to come out of nowhere.  But then this occurred to me:  keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Sara?  She is of absolutely no threat to Sunny.  Sunny has more power on the show than Sara.  So she doesn't have to play by the same rule book.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

My theory?  Meghan; for some inexplicable reason that none of us could ever figure out, was in the power position for most of her time on the show and there was a distinct moment in time when I remember Sunny suddenly became much more friendly and cozy with Meghan and it was a really weird switch that just seemed to come out of nowhere.  But then this occurred to me:  keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

I can't remember if Sunny herself told the story in her book or if I read it in article but at some point there was a lot of friction between Sunny and Meghan and someone in charge (don't remember if it was ABC or someone at the View) who told Sunny if she didn't get along with Meghan and the situation became untenable Sunny would be the one who had to leave.   Why Sunny would want to be friends with someone after that I have no idea.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Sunny and Sara have always had a bit of tension between them. From my perspective, that started back when Sara was on the show the first time, pre-McCain. I can't remember what the topic was, but I do remember one day that Sunny essentially called Sara racist (or at least heavily implied it) over something she'd said--I can't remember what the topic was, might've been a trial that was going on, I don't know--and Sara has had a chip on her shoulder about it ever since. At least that's how it played out to me, because Sara would sometimes make these kind of veiled comments over time that felt like she was talking about what Sunny said to her that day. *shrug* Sunny will call a spade a spade no matter who it concerns, sort of like how she called Don Lemon wrong day even though they are good friends. She did the same thing to Paula Faris, when they were interviewing a family whose son had been killed, and she straight out called Faris' question racist mid-interview. That rubs some the wrong way, but I admire that quality about her, personally.

I think they can be polite to one another, I don't think they are close friends the way Sunny is with Joy. I personally don't believe Sunny is close friends with any of them other than Joy and maybe Ana, whereas I believe Joy tends to be good friends with nearly everyone.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I just think Sunny's quote that there shouldn't be two people who think the same way or have the same opinions as ridiculous. She seems to think this show is a political show whose premise is that each host should be of a different political leaning.

And what's wrong with someone not wanting to identify with either major party? If Sara wants to identify as Independent, that's her right. So again, Shut Up, Sunny.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I just think Sunny's quote that there shouldn't be two people who think the same way or have the same opinions as ridiculous. She seems to think this show is a political show whose premise is that each host should be of a different political leaning.

And what's wrong with someone not wanting to identify with either major party? If Sara wants to identify as Independent, that's her right. So again, Shut Up, Sunny.

Doesn't Sunny realize that the problem isn't what the cohost's beliefs are but it's how the cohosts express their beliefs? There has never in the history of the View been two cohosts that shared the exact same beliefs.  Even the two most most vocal self described conservatives (Elisabeth and Meghan) weren't in lock step with each other or their party for that matter.   And yes Sara can be a little all over the map but for Sunny to be so dismissive about Sara's political affiliation was just plain rude.  

I've said it before Sunny's change in attitude is not a good look.   Good for her for having all these outside projects but maybe she has outgrown the View.

• Love 5

I very much agree that picking on Sara like that is not a good look. Sunny seems to be a good bight to the right from where I stand as a democrat personally, even though she doesn't call herself independent. I respect Sara for being honest about the fact that she is open to considering candidates from either side of the aisle. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2