Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

I'm just glad it was a false positive for both of them since they were the ones (AFAWK) who lost family members due to covid.  I imagine they immediately thought of their families and wondered how they could have missed something by contracting the virus.  Scary.

• Love 5

This article really pisses me off.  The women of the View were playing by the rules.  They are routinely tested, they've said they wear masks in public, they are all vaccinated.  Sunny and Ana were asked to leave the stage and they did so without question.  What rules were they not following?  As for the Met Gala, everyone was tested and Whoopi said that masks were worn once they were inside.  What rules were they not following?  This guy is full of shit:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/09/24/view-covid-hosts-positive-elites-ignore-rules/5845442001/

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, Haleth said:

This article really pisses me off.  The women of the View were playing by the rules.  They are routinely tested, they've said they wear masks in public, they are all vaccinated.  Sunny and Ana were asked to leave the stage and they did so without question.  What rules were they not following?  As for the Met Gala, everyone was tested and Whoopi said that masks were worn once they were inside.  What rules were they not following?  This guy is full of shit:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/09/24/view-covid-hosts-positive-elites-ignore-rules/5845442001/

Wow...the writer came totally out of left field. And his main beef has nothing to do with what happened. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. 🙄

• Love 4

Looks like Kamala’s office is not happy with how things went with her interview. According to CNN the View hosts were tested Thursday after that day’s show. That night the show gave the VP’s office an all clear. Then Friday happened leaving the VP’s and her staff wondering what was going on. ABC and The View aren’t talking.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/28/media/kamala-harris-the-view-interview-covid/index.html

Edited by CVC
  • Love 2

Right? I can't get over this part. Not to mention, she certainly has face-time with our 77-year-old POTUS.

[Thursday] night, a representative for "The View" gave the "all clear" to Harris' office, suggesting that the show had satisfied the requirements to proceed with the taping, one of the people familiar with the matter said.

After it was suddenly revealed Friday morning that was not the case, Harris' team was left puzzled and seeking answers about what happened.

But, according to a person familiar with the matter, "The View" has not been forthcoming with the vice president's office, leaving Harris' staff "deeply concerned" about what happened.

People familiar with the matter also said that ABC News President Kim Godwin, who was in attendance for the taping, was irked and embarrassed by the whole fiasco.

How long has Kim Godwin been ABC New President? She ought to clean house.

Edited by General Days
6 hours ago, CVC said:

Looks like Kamala’s office is not happy with how things went with her interview. According to CNN the View hosts were tested Thursday after that day’s show. That night the show gave the VP’s office an all clear. Then Friday happened leaving the VP’s and her staff wondering what was going on. ABC and The View aren’t talking.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/28/media/kamala-harris-the-view-interview-covid/index.html

We all saw it was a clusterfuck and it does not surprise us long time viewers..  This was one of the complaints that Rosie O used to have about the show: the lack of professionalism by those in charge. Like her or not, Rosie knows her stuff when it comes to show business..

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, TheView said:

Exactly what I've been speculating all along. I believe Kamala only agreed to the "interview" because of all the support she previously rec'd from the panel. IMO, it will be a long time before Kamala agrees to another interview, and when she does, it will definitely be remote. And if she gets any hard-hitting questions, there's going to be an issue with the remote.

• Love 1

I don't like Krystal Ball. She strikes me as so phony, now. I was pleased when she introduced the CNN story about The View screwing the pooch on the tests (and not being forth coming with the Vice President's Office), but then she utterly ignored that information, and instead decided to twist it into one of her fevered conspiracies.

I hope she is never considered for a position on The View. That would be the end of the show for me. She's become so intellectually dishonest over the past five years.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, General Days said:

I don't like Krystal Ball. She strikes me as so phony, now. I was pleased when she introduced the CNN story about The View screwing the pooch on the tests (and not being forth coming with the Vice President's Office), but then she utterly ignored that information, and instead decided to twist it into one of her fevered conspiracies.

I hope she is never considered for a position on The View. That would be the end of the show for me. She's become so intellectually dishonest over the past five years.

I used to love her but she lost her marbles after Bernie lost.. It is sad since there is not a lot of progressive voices out there.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MsTree said:

Exactly what I've been speculating all along. I believe Kamala only agreed to the "interview" because of all the support she previously rec'd from the panel. IMO, it will be a long time before Kamala agrees to another interview, and when she does, it will definitely be remote. And if she gets any hard-hitting questions, there's going to be an issue with the remote.

With all due respect to the ladies of The View no way are they ever going to cause the VP to lose any sleep over being interviewed by them.  

• Love 10
10 hours ago, TheView said:

Hmm, it was definitely a weird show! Did we ever get explanations for the weird timing of test results?

I do listen to the podcast Krystal does with Kyle Kulinski, and I actually really like her on there (Krystal, Kyle & Friends). I think she'd be great on The View to offer a different perspective, but maybe it's because my exposure to her is different from everyone else's. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Either he’s trouble like her or one of the few saintly enough people who could up with her! 

I thought the latter for awhile. He's been the EP for quite awhile at this point and still doesn't act like he's confident in knowing what's going on. Bill Geddie was and probably still is an asshole that did some shady shit but he seemed to know how to EP a show. I don't like giving him any type of compliment. Over the years when I've seen Brian shown onscreen he's always given me an unorganized squirrely feeling. 

I actually watched the show on Monday to see how the fallout from Friday's disaster would be handled. Brian's behavior gave me the same impression that I described above. I was kind of hoping he'd go with Meghan. I wonder what Sunny, Ana and the others are thinking of him after Friday.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

18 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Hmm, it was definitely a weird show! Did we ever get explanations for the weird timing of test results?

I do listen to the podcast Krystal does with Kyle Kulinski, and I actually really like her on there (Krystal, Kyle & Friends). I think she'd be great on The View to offer a different perspective, but maybe it's because my exposure to her is different from everyone else's. 

It was a PCR test, so the results come back when they come back.

I don't respect Kulinski, either. Knowing they do a show together makes me want Ball on The View even less.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/1/2021 at 4:24 PM, General Days said:

It was a PCR test, so the results come back when they come back.

I don't respect Kulinski, either. Knowing they do a show together makes me want Ball on The View even less.

Aw I love Kyle!

Anyhow, SNL did a skit based on the fiasco from last week. They didn't call the show The View but The Talking. I thought it was pretty funny. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Aw I love Kyle!

Anyhow, SNL did a skit based on the fiasco from last week. They didn't call the show The View but The Talking. I thought it was pretty funny. 

It was funny but Owen Wilson was obviously reading cue cards.  It was very distracting.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I missed SNL this week. That was hilarious, and I appreciated that it sent up what a shoddy job The View producers did with regard to Ana and Sunny.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I saw the skit when it aired. I would've liked it more if they'd tried to imitate the View panel itself.

I agree, but last year they were admonished for not having a black Latina play Sunny. 

• Love 2

Meanwhile, “The View” is seeing significant audience erosion compared to the same week last year when election coverage dominated its hot topics discussions. The show is down a whopping -519,000 year to year. Only the second half hours of “The Price is Right” (-273,000) and “Let’s Make a Deal” (-254,000) come close in year to year losses.

The 25th season of “The View” is off to a rocky start with the show attracting fewer viewers each week since the launch of its new season on September 7. The show lost over 500,000 viewers compared to the same week last year and is down half a point in Households. While nothing to brag about, the show did gain 7,000 viewers week to week.

Edited by Jaded
3 minutes ago, geekburger said:

The show is so much better than it was a year ago so this boggles the mind.

I was kind of surprised too. If they stay lower I'm scared it might encourage them to make yet another "make sparks" hire instead of someone who would actually fit in and be respectful to their fellow co-hosts. 

• Useful 3
56 minutes ago, geekburger said:

The show is so much better than it was a year ago so this boggles the mind.

I think part of it is a lot of us OD'd on news coverage last year between the election and covid and whatever else was in the headlines.  I can't be the only one sick of it now and looking for diversions that don't involve politics.  I don't avoid Covid so much - although some of the stories are sad and discouraging, and enraging! - but I can avoid politics and The View is one place I'd love to see back off on this I mean talk about politics when it's relevant to women's issues or when something really big is going on but not every episode, every day.  It's exhausting.

Edited by SusannahM
  • Love 7

But last year they also had all the political candidates, guests to discuss the impeachments, and medical experts to talk about covid. Lots of important issues that people wanted to hear about. More so than Kim K. Adding to everyone working from home it’s no wonder more people were tuning in last year. 

• Love 5

I guess I just woke up cranky because I felt Sherri’s segment went on too long. I don’t need a refresher on her slobbering and pawing on male guests.  Think I’ll have to FF through any discussion of KK since I didn’t watch SNL because she hosted.  I saw Clinton on CBS Sunday and she was great. 
It seems odd that Scenes From A Marriage actors are on Friday now that it ended? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan was on maternity leave this time last year so I don't think it's her absence that is responsible. I think it might be what @GHScorpiosRule said.  Less people are home now.  Do the ratings reflect streaming or DVR use?

Looks like just live viewers. Would be interesting to see the streaming numbers since as mentioned less people at home watching live. 

4 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Looks like just live viewers. Would be interesting to see the streaming numbers since as mentioned less people at home watching live. 

I watch in the evenings on Hulu before I go to bed. I work during the day so I can't watch it live. I will occasionally watch it on you tube at work if someone has uploaded it.   If ratings continue to be based only on live viewings then ratings aren't going to be correct.  Surely streaming services have the data of how many users were watching a particular show.  That should easily be added to the live viewers.   This is 2021. There has to be a way to count all viewers. Not just the ones watching in front of a TV when a show airs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I always PVR even if I am home.  Got into the habit when She Who Must Not Be Named was on so I could FF through her rants.  I'm in Canada though so I don't think my viewership, no matter how I do it, would be counted in the ratings ?

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

I always PVR even if I am home.  Got into the habit when She Who Must Not Be Named was on so I could FF through her rants.  I'm in Canada though so I don't think my viewership, no matter how I do it, would be counted in the ratings ?

Yup. DVR all episodes. 

• Love 4

Because they talk politics, they see election year gains--and consequently non-election year losses. Plus, all news and political-driven media saw a rise in views under Trump; it's probably drifting downward now a lot of that fear has dissipated with him out of power.

I guess I'm just not worried about what will happen. It's always been obvious they're going to hire a conservative mouthpiece (to some degree) to fill the slot. Nobody they've auditioned so far has the ability to ruin the show the way princess did though, not even the worst of them (Mary K and Farrah whoever); but then, I'm one of those who can endure a conservative like Elisabeth who lies or is hateful or whatever even if I would prefer not to, it was the screaming and not allowing anyone else to speak or reply back (despite her replying to them all) and having the entire show manipulated in her favor that bothered me about the last co-host. One Foxbot won't ruin the show for me if that happens since Joy, Sunny, Ana, and Sara will still make the show enjoyable, overall.

Having to deal with the restrictions on what can be said with Carly Fiorina there during abortion discussions (which will be a regular thing in the next couple of years now) would probably be the worst scenario of the people they've had on so far for me. I don't think they'd hire Fiorina though. She's too boring if they are focused on sparks of some kind and she would skew the panel too old since they already have Whoopi and Joy. If I'm being honest, the only person that's guested that I've sort of liked was Mia Love. I thought she improved the second day and would probably continue to improve with more shows. When Whoopi invited her to come back at the end, it seemed more genuine than it usually is from Whoopi; usually, I think of that as a generic way for Whoopi to get them to commercial. But, likewise, if they're looking for sparks, they're probably unlikely to hire her either.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/meghan-mccain-tells-view-toxic-114551575.html

And she takes no responsibility at all for her antics

So much to unpack from that article.  If the View was toxic it was because of Meghan.  She thinks Whoopi wanted her gone.  Some of us here thought Meghan's days were numbered after her "girl stop talking" day.  She says she had post partum anxiety.  Not to belittle that at all but I don't believe most of what Meghan says on any given day let alone in an article (written by Meghan's friend no less) that is badmouthing her former employer.   She says she decided to leave her first day back from maternity leave. If things were so bad I'm sure ABC would have let her out of her contract early.  She is doing the whole poor little conservative woe is me act.   That is her identity now.  Perpetual victim of big bad non conservatives.

• Love 19