Type keyword(s) to search

The View in the Media

maraleia
  • Start Topic

She says she's moved on, but she's obsessed with the show.  I'll bet she hasn't missed an episode since she left.  

Since Ana could have been talking about Abby Huntsman or perhaps a guest or guest host, Meghan looks ridiculous by even bringing it up.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 6

Hate to say this, but she's right. There was no reason to even in insinuate Meghan's name. Anna's not the only one guilty of this. Joy has done it on numerous occasions. Most recently when talking about her lasagna. 

Grow up ladies! We KNOW who you're talking about. You wanted her gone...and you got your wish, so move on.

Edited by Soapy Goddess

Yeah, you are right, Soapy, they should probably forget Meghan exists.  I do get the point Ana was making though, that the pearl clutching over Hunter using his last name for profit is hypocritical since everyone who has a famous name will do it.  Nepo babies?  It's not illegal.

• Like 4

I don't have a problem with them shading Meghan.  They do it when it seems relevant to what they are talking about and it's not like viewers aren't already thinking it.   And Meghan has done her fair share of shading the cohosts and the show itself.  They always had to walk on eggshells when she was there so it's nice to see them free to talk about whatever they want to talk about. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 4

The show returns.with new episodes on January 2.

Monday, Dec. 18 (ENCORE BROADCAST OAD: 9/26/23) – Cassidy Hutchinson (author, “Enough”)

Tuesday, Dec. 19 (ENCORE BROADCAST OAD: 11/1/23) – Adam Kinzinger (author, “Renegade”); Sofia Coppola (“Priscilla”)

Wednesday, Dec. 20 (ENCORE BROADCAST OAD: 11/7/23) – Tyler Perry (documentary, “Maxine’s Baby: The Tyler Perry Story”); Holly Marie (author, “Finding Baby Holly”)

Thursday, Dec. 21 (ENCORE BROADCAST OAD: 11/8/23) – Former Secretary of State and 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton joined by Shannon Cohn (director, “Below the Belt”)

Friday, Dec. 22 (ENCORE BROADCAST OAD: 12/6/23) – Cynthia Nixon (“The Gilded Age” and play, “The Seven Year Disappear”); Matt Rogers (album, “Have You Heard of Christmas?”)

Encore broadcasts for the week of Dec. 25-29 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Dec. 25 – Network Pre-emption

Tuesday, Dec. 26 (ENCORE BROADCAST OAD: 12/5/23) – The Political View with White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre; Kenan Thompson (author, “When I Was Your Age”)

Wednesday, Dec. 27 (ENCORE BROADCAST OAD: 11/13/23) – “The View” celebrates Whoopi’s birthday; Hannah Waddingham (“Home For Christmas”); performance from the legendary Gladys Knight; Whoopi’s Favorite Things

Thursday, Dec. 28 (ENCORE BROADCAST OAD: 11/29/23) – Jennifer Garner (“Family Switch”); Issa Rae (“American Fiction”; “Rap Sh!t”)

Friday, Dec. 29 (ENCORE BROADCAST OAD: 11/15/23) – Ed Helms (“Family Switch”); Mark Harmon (co-author, “Ghosts of Honolulu”)

• Useful 1

Meghan McCain slams 'crazy old ladies' on The View after they implied that she unlawfully used her famous last name for professional gain.

I can't go a week without something being said about me on the show,' McCain told Malice in the heated spot, where she dished out a few insults of her own.

'The thing about "The View", she continued, 'is that I didn't know when I signed my contract with ABC that this is forever, that for the rest of my life I'm going to be bullied, yelled at, abused and brought up for years.'

'I just didn't know that when I signed to do this show that I'd have to deal with, like, these crazy old people just yelling about me all the time,' she sniped.

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I was just coming here to post this.  If she really didn't care she would ignore anything said about her.  Everything she is saying could be applied to her.  We the viewers all saw and felt the tension that was at that table.  And when MM wasn't at the table the tension was gone.

• Like 6

I listen to the Behind the Table podcast each day.  It started on Sept. 4, 2023 and tomorrow they will celebrate their 100th episode.  Most of the hosts average one podcast per week and so each of them have done about 15 or more episodes.  The exception is Whoopi, who rarely does the podcast.  I looked back and found that she has only done 2 out of the 100, the last one being on Nov. 20, and there, she was plugging Sister Act 3.  I'm guessing she just doesn't want to do it each week and they don't force her.  It's really not fair to the others if she gets a pass.  (Brian did say that she will be on tomorrow's podcast, the 100th episode.)    

• Like 1

Joy, Ana, Sara, and Sunny attended Don Lemon's wedding this weekend. They'll probably share better photos on Monday's show, but here are some shots of them arriving at the ceremony:

ana.jpg

joy.jpg

sunny.jpg

• Like 2

Sarah looks meh

Anna looks like she's auditioning for Led Zeppelin circa 1972

Joy looks like she's off to a funeral

And Sunny looks very nice in her white suit

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Glitches said:

Why is Sunny wearing white to someone else’s wedding? 

The droopy cuffs of her bellbottoms are going to end up filthy. Is that shapewear visible through them?

3 hours ago, Glitches said:

Is that not allowed or just frowned upon by some?

7 hours ago, Glitches said:

The grooms were not wearing white so I don’t see the problem!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mimi said:

The grooms were not wearing white so I don’t see the problem!

Agreed. As far as I know, you're not supposed to wear white as to not to upstage the bride or groom when they wear white.

• Like 1
On 2/8/2024 at 11:36 AM, Gemma Violet said:

I listen to the Behind the Table podcast each day. 

Does it shed any more light on what happened on that day's or week's episode? Do you recommend it?

• Like 1

I don't listen every day, but enjoy it when I do. Brian is actually a pretty likeable interviewer and all the ladies have a good rapport with him. They talk about certain standout moments that happened on the show that morning and also what's going on in the ladies' personal lives. Every once in awhile the guest from that day's show joins the podcast -- I remember enjoying the episode where Cassidy Hutchinson was on and conversed with Alyssa in a much more relaxed way than her press interviews.

I think it would be great to have a separate thread dedicated to the podcast if the mods would permit it. I'd love to discuss interesting things when they come up (or hear them from others when I don't get the chance to listen).

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

I agree with atomic's comments.  A separate thread is a great idea. 

I think Brian enjoys being a podcast host more than being producer.  He once said on the podcast that he always wanted to be in front of the camera instead of behind the scenes.  He has a little bit of "entertainer" in his blood, lol.  He refers to the followers of the podcast as "Bri-guys" (Brian guys).

Each host (except Whoopi) has a weekly turn.  Joy does Wednesdays, Ana does Fridays, and Alyssa, Sara, and Sunny switch around Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.  Whoopi only participates about once every two or three months.      

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

They have their spring break next week.

Monday, April 22 (ENCORE BROADCAST OAD: 2/15/24) – Jennifer Lopez (album and series, “This Is Me… Now”)

Tuesday, April 23 (ENCORE BROADCAST OAD: 3/12/24) – Tamron Hall (host, “Tamron Hall,” and author, “Watch Where They Hide”); Patton Oswalt (“Manhunt”)

Wednesday, April 24 (ENCORE BROADCAST OAD: 3/14/24) – Ice T (“Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”); Jim Sciutto (author, “The Return of Great Powers”)

Thursday, April 25 (ENCORE BROADCAST OAD: 4/2/24) – Valerie Bertinelli (author, “Indulge: Delicious and Decadent Dishes to Enjoy and Share”); Sonequa Martin-Green and Wilson Cruz (“Star Trek: Discovery”)

Friday, April 26 (ENCORE BROADCAST OAD: 4/4/24) – Elizabeth and Damian Hurley (“Strictly Confidential”); Alex Edelman (“Just For Us”)

• Sad 2
  • Useful 2

Maybe the panel is celebrating the end-of-year demise of yet another knock-off show over at CBS. They lasted 15 years. The View is in its 27th season. I never could stomach more than a few minutes of The Talk, but I also found better things to do for many of the middle years of the View.

If only a "knock-off show" could recapture the early years when Meredith was at the helm and ever panel member shared their opinion without pontificating or preaching. I truly miss those days of light-hearted discussions...without all the eye rolling or faking a nap. Even the heavy stuff was discussed with taste and no one gave a lecture. Now THAT was truly enjoyable!

• Like 6